chris7 is in need of our support

Options

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Guys, thanks again for calling in with good wishes.

Sorry not to have called in here before now. Managed my three days at the factory but have the cold from hell and have gone wallop today. Was hoping to go queue at CAB today but couldn't get up. :? Did try to phone but couldn't get through. Am hoping I can find the energy to try again tomorrow. I have got some questions ready at least just so frustrated to feel so rough here.

I did at least manage to say NO to the extra hours at work and he didn't seem too miffed with me so progress of sorts. Might need the snow plough tomorrow Toni, would love some snow to get me temperature down here. You did make me laugh with your 'preclude' comment Wonky. DD hope you feeling a bit more like yourself there. Apologies peeps but am crawling back to me pit here and hoping to regroup tomorrow.

Take care all
    Chris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    get well soon Chris

hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, dear Chris

I do hope you feel a little more human tomorrow. Bed is the place for you now. :)

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    That's is bad luck getting the cold. Keep warm and give yourself some TLC.
    Good for you for saying No to the extra hours.
    Hope you are feeling a lot better tomorrow.

Lv,Ix
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

rest up and I so hope you soon feel better again. ((((( ))))) Cris xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Chris,
    Good news that you said NO...well done. I know you were dreading being asked. that's item 1 on your plan already achieved :wink:

Hope you can shake off that rotten cold...spoon of honey in a mug of tea is soothing and the honey has antiseptic qualities. I think Marion suggested manuka honey is very good..

watch that temp and hope you get decent sleep tonight.

Fingers crossed if you are well enough to go to CAB tomorrow that there's not much of a queue. :wink:

love n (((hugs)))

Iris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    HI Chris

I do hpe you are feelong a good bit better today :(

Typical that cold coming just when you felt able to get some info anf be pro-active :wink:

AND on your days off too :shock: Blumin colds :x

Thinking of you

love

Toni xx
  • chris7
    Options
    thanks Wonky, Elna, DD, Ironic, Toni, Cris, Iris, Lynn (good to see you Lynn) Sorry if I missed anyone. Bit brain dead here.

Well CAB not helpful.

Didn't feel it fair to queue and spread the cold, so spent an hour trying to get through on phone this morning. I had assumed I would be able to book an appointment even if it meant waiting a month but NO!!! That would be far too simple and civilised. It seems they have been taking lessons from my GP practise.

Guess what? :x They only book appointments a week in advance and all have gone for next week. (they always get booked up on the Monday!) Says I need to phone on Monday to try and get one for the week later. Didn't care a hoot that I am trying to hang onto my jobs and work Mon to Wed. No chance of getting through on the phone Monday even if I do miss my half hour lunch trying. Has suggested that I need to be in the queue at 8.45 on Thurs (they open at 9.15) in order to guarantee seeing someone, but what is the point if they are still going to have to refer me to someone else and seems there will never be an appointment available for the following week. !!??? Is anyone following this? Am I getting this correct? What do I do now?

I am so frustrated by this turn of events. :cry: Seems you can't have arther AND try to hang onto work if you want to get some help and advice. I am losing heart here just when I thought I was for once trying to do the right thing and get some info. Do I just say hang it and resign from both jobs or join the damn queue on Thurs and see what happens? Sorry the cold making me snappy here and didn't eat yesterday which meant no anti inflamms, which was a big mistake. :roll:

Thanks for listening. Any thoughts welcome.
    take care all
    Chris x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Aw dear Chris

Unfortunately, rules are rules, my lovely, however stupid they may seem. I quite understand that Monday is out of the question. You need your lunch hour for other things than trying to phone CAB. Please do not shout at me, but they were not totally unhelpful, they have suggested Thursday - that you can go and queue. I am a little lost about the "refering to someone else" bit, but at least if you go, "suffer" the queuing up ( :) there may not even BE a queue ) on Thursday, (take a fold up chair!) you have a foot in the door, you will have seen someone and if they refer you to someone else, so be it but that is a start. It is much more difficult when one works, to fit these other bits and pieces in, but you will get there. Think a little bit positive, there is something you can do and that is go next Thursday and take it from there. You can forget about it now, that is in 6 days time. You will be over your cold, have an early night on Wednesday, dose up with meds, plant a smile on your face, Thursday and see what happens.

You rebel, chris, not eating and not taking your anti inflams. You be a good girlie now and down some and some nourishment.

I do hope you feel a little better than yesterday,

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Chris

Some CAB's provide email advice. does yours?

They offer home visits too, but I expect they are for extreme circumstances.

Love
    Elna x

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Jul 2010, 09:53
    Options
    Hello Chris......

Could someone ring the CAB on your behalf???????
    and book an appointment??

Just a thought..

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    sorry it's taken so long but it's just taken me half hour to read through everything!
    I hope you're feeling better today, a cold is the last thing you need on top of everything else!
    I hope you manage to get appointment at CAB and that someone actually listens to you! It just seems to be one frustration after another for you. I'm sorry I'm not much help but just wanted to send you good vibes and loads of hugs and hoping you get something sorted out very soon. Well done for saying NO to your boss.
    Jay x
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi thanks, Elna, Lynn, Rob, Jay. :D

Elna Sorry to burst your 'there may not be a queue' bubble but it is the only CAB for miles around and I know from previous experience there is sadly always a queue. :roll: Even though they have 50 volunteers and 12 paid staff. The odds of my seeing someone who can help with the disability and employment questions I have on Thursday are pretty slim so I assume I will have to be referred for another appointment. But thanks for calling in here. The email just links me to get advice online generally but doesn't help if you want to ask specific questions locally.

Hi Lynn. They frown on letters I fear, I did try that when I needed to contact them many years ago and was working full time, but given the above and the way the place has to be run, I guess it seems like queue jumping. They only open one evening and that is appointments only. I ended up taking three days leave to go and queue three times and see three different people before eventually getting an evening appointment with the relevant person who in the end couldn't help. :roll: Thanks for the thought though.

Hey Rob, good to see you. Oh how I wish someone could phone for me. It wasn't always the case, but sadly and I hate to admit this, you guys are all I have. :oops: My sis at the other end of the country and doesn't know half of this as too busy fighting her own demons. So I really am on my own with all this.

Jay :D Just posted on your thread so good to see you home. Really sorry you had some bad moments there though. Do rest up and take care.

Thanks again for the support, will just have to find the energy to try and join the queue Thursday and miss duvet day! Not a happy prospect as I see the useless doc Thurs afternoon too. Wow I really will be needing deep pockets that day if anyone free!!

Chris xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Mmmm - crossed my mind they would not look kindly on correspondence via snail mail. They have enough to contend with. Yep, sometimes we have to change our routine to get what we want, Chris. :) You never know, you may strike up a friendly convo with a few people in the queue and that will make the time go faster. People always chat at bus stops and while waiting for a train. Or is it perhaps because I start chatting to them :roll: :lol:

Love
    Elna x

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Chris,

it all sounds VERY frustrating. I think you will have to sacrifice you lovely Thurs morning lie in to queue! Could take a garden chair, a flask and a paper to make it less arduous. I think that they will take your details, decide who has the expertise and then give you an appointment - I don't think you will then have to ring up again/requeue to see that person. if you are near the front of the queue - then you can pop back home, have a snooze and then brunch before the docs in the afternoon. Might as well do everything horrible all in one go, than let it ruin two Thurs?

Hope you manage to shift that cold soon.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Chris,
    Well I am so sorry you have had another set back. I wonder if you can get the Council to send you a c.tax rebate form to fill in. At least you could get an answer on that one while you wait for the CAB.
    Have managed to eat something today? Honey and lemon is always a comfort to me when I have a cold.
    Might be useful to talk to some of them in the que as one of them might be able to give you some pointers. Just a thought if you are like me and do not know the system. Surprising what you can learn.

Sorry not much use but sending you some hugs anyway.

Lv, Ix
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Chris, I have been following this thread and thinking of you. Wish I could do something really practical to help, but don't know what, so will just keep sending you get well soon vibes and thinking of you, along with all the other peeps.

Love Tilly xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Chris,

if CAB are so difficult to get to see might it be worth your while phoning (that word again) your local SW department and asking for a 'home visit' from a Welfare Rights officer? They are very good too ..although might not be any quicker....

You could also get advice from a Disabilty Employment Advisor at local jobcentre on employment support and disability benefits advice. you will get through to them by phone without difficulty as that's the procedure you go through with that dwp service.

have sent you a PM too with another cunning plan.

Iris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If she's suggested pole dancing for extra income I would give that a miss. It plays havoc with every joint one has. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Just been reading through and so sorry to read you have been going through it , you have lots of friends here and some good advice. It can be extremely hard to cope at times, so make yourself a cuppa and tell yourself your not going to let 'them' win! You deserve to be treated with respect and compassion you need help like we all do!
    Have you thought about shopping online? you can pick a cheap delivery time only £3.50 its worth it even if you only do it now and again it saves a bit of agony. They will also carry it into your kitchen for you!
    Another idea ring up the benefits helpline this is or was a freephone number and they dont ask for your name or anything ,they should point you in the right direction of what you are able to claim and your rights etc.

Hope this helps take care.

Rose x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Chris,

if CAB are so difficult to get to see might it be worth your while phoning (that word again) your local SW department and asking for a 'home visit' from a Welfare Rights officer? They are very good too ..although might not be any quicker....

Iris xx

Actually

Iris might be right.....

There was an absolutely BRILLIANT wr officer at our office when I was there - well-scary - worth the phone call surely?

Dont do DDs pole dancing please - it might pay ok, but still.... it's just nOt dignified.... :wink:

Off to see Cris

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Morning Chris...hope your cold is lifting now. :wink:

I don't know what Disability Advice DD has been getting but hope that's not the advisor you'll be speaking to on their helpline:lol::lol:

have a good weekend and keep in touch!

Iris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello chris, I hope the snuffles continue to improve and that the fighting spirit you are garnering is still intact! I have the flare from hell at the mo so I shall be spending the day in bed - I will be thinking of you tho. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Morning Chris,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so many problems to contend with. I can't add anything to the brilliant support you have been getting, but can let you know that I am wishing for the very best of luck for you, and I hope that things change for the better very soon.
    (((((())))))

Jean and the forum team
  • dorcas
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello chris, I hope the snuffles continue to improve and that the fighting spirit you are garnering is still intact! I have the flare from hell at the mo so I shall be spending the day in bed - I will be thinking of you tho. DD

Och Damsel....that's just the pits. :(

you staying tucked up in bed today is a sensible idea. :wink:

hope you can get the better of this arther flare quickly. :roll: :wink:

love and a zillion 'feel better' (((((Hugs))))) for you too.

iris xxxx