chris7 is in need of our support

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Afternoon chris, I hope work went well today and that you are not too tired. I have been thinking of you and, once again, I am sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris, Hope you are not too tired today and will manage to relax this evening.
    Sending hugs and to let you know I am thinking of you.

Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Thanks again Guys that would be DD Cris, Annie, Speedy, Wonky, Ironic, Jen, Tilly, Toni, Babycham, Elna, Sue, Elizabeth, Cath

Sorry tis late, been at work today but not too busy thank goodness and the good wishes got me through it ok bless you.

DD no apology needed at all. I have sent a pm but am grateful for your support and advise, and for this thread. I do need to be pushed on this and think I have promised something?? Am sure Toni will give me a clue if I forget. :wink:

Annie, hope the leg soon better there and the AB's soon kick in. take care please.

You too Cris, minor injuries :shock: Hope the tin cans holding out and that the sales in the week aren't too bad.

Jen thanks for the support sorry re the jargon glad someone helped you out and do ask. Sorry we all have to learn it this way though.

Speedy yes I should sucumb to the shopping trolley. :oops: I tried to check if there was an AC group local but the one I found has a link so out of date not sure if they still exist. I'm still following your progress well done you.

Iris glad Wally a bit better for you now, don't overdo it please.

Tilly thanks lass, am loving your garden but wish someone could some and sort mind out, it is so sadly neglected.

Babycham hope your day was ok? Are you psychic? I did look at proof reading courses but the training so expensive and couldn't work at home with no company.

Wonky Ironic, I have sent pm's so won't repeat myself but many thanks to you both. Yorkshire and Lancashire grit is good stuff so will try and find a bit more.

Elizabeth, yes think you are right I might have to just go and queue at CAB. Not a nice prospect on my day off!! Sorry to you and Jan I deactivated my FB account a few weeks ago as it kept shutting my internet down and scared me that nasties were trying to get in.

Elna nice to see Lola had another visit, she sounds a little doll. :D

Sue good luck with the pilates, glad you got it booked. Sorry you had a bad appointment there. These docs just don't realise how much they can knock us down.

Thanks Cath, nice to meet you. Sorry this is too long again :? but wanted to call in and say how much all the support and advice helps.
    Just have to get through 3 days at Willy wonka's now but do feel better and have taken all the advise on board, so will let you know.

take care all ((( )))
    Chris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You know that we are behind you every step of the way, we are thinking of you and we do know how tough things can be. You do have grit, you do have courage, and you will win through. Thinking of you: my fingers are crossed that today goes OK. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Chris :D

Hope you are feeling a bit better with each day........we are here for you. :wink: so keep posting. :!:

let us know when and with what we can help and promise we will be there in your pocket...... we forum peeps have to have very large pockets!! :lol::lol:

love n (((hugs))))

Iris xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Cris, glad work was ok yesterday and not too busy.

Take care.

Let us know when you achieved step one of your plan.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • catlady
    catlady Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi Chris. If THR means total hip replacement, take heart! I have a friend who's had both his done and he's never looked back. If i got my wires crossed, just adding my support. Jenny. :lol:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Hope it wasn't too dire today and leaving you a ((((( ))))) some cream and a bit of burnt cake. Love Cris xxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    To Right we are well said DD

we are here and right behind you - shoving if needs be.

This CAN be done.

Hoping today has been good for you

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Thanks DD, Iris, Speedy, Jenny, Cris, Toni.

Trying to call in a bit earlier today as can't stop around long.
    DD thanks for the pm and thoughts today. They are all helping thanks guys.

Iris so glad Wally a little better after the blip and hope all goes well tomorrow for you. Bless you think I did miss the pockets last time so will be sure to let you know when I visit the useless one again.
    Sorry to have abandonned you recently when you had your rough patch. I will try and get back to posting on here, the days seem to disappear so quickly here and am finding time a prob. as the must do house chores take longer (and no I rarely iron!!)

Speedy oooer speedy just catching up on your bath posts. Hope you got the next slot booked and enjoy it. I can't live without me bath and no shower here :shock: Will try attack one prob at a time here and let you know what happens with CAB.

Jenny glad your friend did so well, always good to hear, the hip peeps on here know I am stalking their posts in a nice way I hope. It is good the hear all the news and get the tips. It is helping me prepare even though I am the worlds biggest wimp. If I do get considered for one of the newish 'silent hips' which looks likely perhaps I can give a bit of support back some day to others. Gee I really must be feeling a bit better to have even typed that.

Cris Hope your day okish today after the resent incident and the gang are all behaving for you? Burnt cake sounds quite nice, I don't do real cookin here :? We are mad busy at Willy Wonka's doing huge Christmas :shock: yes I did say Christmas orders for Australia and New Zealand. I am stealing myself for when the boss asks me to work my days off to say NO nicely do hope I can do it!! :oops: No no no, sounds easy on here but will keep practising.

Toni, I seriously do need a shove now and then I will admit it so thanks for the support and gentle nudges from you all. Guess you will have a houseful of teenage lasses now the holidays here. Hope they have good break and hope Charlie all clear now and no more headaches.

Take care all. ((( )))
    thanks again.

Chris xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris, Glad you got through another day at the Wonker factory!

I was thinking today I bet you are getting busy with the Xmas orders.
    Well you sound as if you have a plan of action going on there. :D
    Well done you.

068.gif:wink:

I will be getting in touch with you very soon.

Lv, Ix
  • dorcas
    Options
    Morning Chris :D

hope today is a good 'un for you. x

Iris xxx

ps. wally says Hi :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, just a quick hello, I have to go out but I will be back later. Thinking of you very much, and very warmly. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Chris

Good to see you - we do understand how it is when life is manic - send your ironing over to ELNA - she likes it :shock: NO really :roll:

Yes I do have a housefull today, but am hoping for a bit of peace on and opff - Lucy is riding with Chloe today and Charlie and Tia are riding this afternoon with the twins :roll:

What about me?

I am going to nip into town and try to get a few bits :)

Hope your day is good

Love

and hugs

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi dear Chris

I was out of my postcode yesterday because I had my 6 month check for my TKR. Lovely to see the consultant and thanked him profusely for all he had done. :) Apparantly, my first visit to him was in early 2005 and now hopefully the knee era has come to an end!

I do hope that you are feeling a little better and stronger in yourself chatting to us and you will begin to feel able to tackle some of the problems and join things together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs
    Elna x

Yep, send your ironing over to me, no problem, Chris :D
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi dear Chris

I was out of my postcode yesterday because I had my 6 month check for my TKR. Lovely to see the consultant and thanked him profusely for all he had done. :) Apparantly, my first visit to him was in early 2005 and now hopefully the knee era has come to an end!

I do hope that you are feeling a little better and stronger in yourself chatting to us and you will begin to feel able to tackle some of the problems and join things together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs
    Elna x

Yep, send your ironing over to me, no problem, Chris :D

Hi Elna

so glad all is well for you :) you are an ispiration to those at the start of it all - Ooops!! Caught!!!!

You dont mind doing her ironing do you??? :oops:

Love Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Morning Chris,

hope you have a good day today.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Just dropping you in a bucket of ((((( )))))'s and leaving you some cream. Hope today was reasonable and keep practising that word NO! Love and more ((( )))'s Cris xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    I am stealing myself for when the boss asks me to work my days off to say NO nicely do hope I can do it!! :oops: No no no, sounds easy on here but will keep practising.

"I am sorry, I would love to do extra hours for extra pay, but unfortunately my circumstances preclude me from accepting your kind offer "

You don't need to explain your circumstances :wink: and well it might get them wondering just what those might be :lol::lol::lol::lol:

seriously, practice saying what you want to say before-hand. It feels stupid (probably sounds odd but who's listening ? :wink: ) but it honestly does help.

good luck!!
    wonky xxx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Chris :D

popped by with a top up of (((hugs))).

Wonky's right...practice what you want to say to your boss .
    it does make a difference 'hearing' yourself say that you aren't able do 'extra' hours :wink:

Isn't Elna great offering to do your ironing. :!: :mrgreen:
    Elna you could start a business!!! glad to hear your appointment went well btw. :wink:

Iris xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello chris, I hope all is as well as it can be. When it comes to saying no, just say no. You don't need to give reasons or explanations: you hae a life to lead outside work, what that life is is not their concern. Just say no quietly, politely and firmly. If questioned say that you are not available. Say it quietly, politely and firmly. It's not easy I know, if one is not normally assertive it is a hard skill to master but you have to master it, for the sake of your health if nothing else. I'm off for a meth stabbing now: I'll call in later. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Mmmmmm.....

do I need this?? r010.gif

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm mystified frog - why a snow plough?

Morning chris, had the meth stabbing (rant on LWA forum about clinic appointment times) and spent the rest of the day at odds with the world. Had a lousy night to boot so I am now very tired and grouchy. Doesn't life suck from time to time? Or is it most of the time? Probably the latter!

Have you been practising saying no? I know it isn't easy but it is a skill you need to master, methinks. It does make life simpler in the long run. You are saying no to the hips being done - if you can do it for that you can do it for other things too. You need to get yourself into a better place for the hips and saying no to extra work is the start of that. Are you off work for a couple of days now? I know you do one job Mon-Wed, and thre bookshop on Sunday, what about the other three days? Resting, I hope! DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh DD

I can shove Chris with my snow plough if needs be :)

I like to help.

Hi Chris

Not seen you - are you doing ok - I think i might listen to DD....

saying NO is a good idea :wink:

Hope your day is being good

Love and hugs

Toni xx

Just incase she cant get on Cris was having connection probs again

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh frog, je comprends. Merci. DD