Options
123457»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Well that is a relief ... (from my mental capacity point of view!!) I thought you were going to CAB on a Thursday - your day off and then read the posts wishing you well for it today and decided I was clearly getting muddled-headed and had made a mistake ... but I didn't!! So, has the weather forecast improved for your queuing? This time tomorrow evening you an tick queue at CAB and see doc off your list - YIPPEE!!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I managed to get completely muddled, too - in fact I'm not at all sure I didn't start it off! Put it down to having just half a brain cell left and that's on a good day.............I've been a day ahead of myself all week.

It is definitely Thursday tomorrow, I just checked (asked OH and he looked at the newspaper) so the best of good luck Chris for tomorrow, queues (mingle, merge, morph, slither and edge your way to the top) and CAB personnel and docs!

Annie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh Joy of joys, Im queing at the CAB tomorrow too. Going to a small local one and hoping the queue is more respectable.

Race you Chris..........

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Good Luck Chris , Fingers crossed , and for you too Elizabeth!

Rose x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Morning all

Well I am up :shock: Thanks for the ironing Elna and the bear hug Joan. Good luck to you too Elizabeth.
    Annie hope all goes well for you today, will be thinking of you and quantum leaping in your pocket. ((( )))
    Will keep this short for a change. :oops: Thanks Louise, yes DDA on me list which I haven't forgotten Ironic.

Don't worry but will stay in town for the doc. appointment at 4 rather than coming home so won't be able to post an update until this evening. Hugs to DD and Lynn, hope today a better one for you both.

Thanks again all.
    Chris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thinking of you VERY VERY HARD. Good luck with it all. You have the strength of character, you have the strength of purpose. Believe in yourself and others will believe you too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good luck Chris :D and Elizabeth too :D

hope you're not queuing for too long and get the advice/ contacts/ appointments you need. :wink:

will be thinking about you as you go along and sending you positive vibes. xxx

hope too that the 'uselessness' one has been retrained (or off sick ) and whoever you see will be super duper efficient and professional.

love n ((((hugs))))

Iris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Good luck to you Chris :D

Hoping the queue isnt too long and of course very best of luck to you too Elizabeth.

Will send all good vibes your ways.

Love and anxious hugs

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Thinking of you both, I could not forget it was Thursday you both go as one of my friends has her 6th chemo session today. There are others, having to do what they have to do today and not looking forward to it on jot.

I do hope you both find the help you require from today's visit(s), or at least get the ball rolling even if it is slowly.

Love to you both
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Just popped back to get a cue busting ((( ))) and a huge great bucket of hopes and more hugs. Love Cris xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Sorry i let you down.Sleep won the battle as I have been totally drained for past 3 days. So I stayed in bed after getting son off for respite club.

Going to try again next Tues and Thurs.
    Chris i might be saying something stupid here but have you phoned for your DLA forms? Or are you seeing CAB about work related difficulties?
    Take care and hope you were okay today.
    Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Elizabeth

You poor thing :( Bet you are well annoyed.

Means you got to psych yourself up again :(

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Elizabeth

I am sorry to read that you have felt so unwell over the past few days. You will be able to read about Chris's adventures though and I hope you can get there soon. both feeling better and to CAB.

Love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    Options
    You just cant fight sleep. I was awake at 5 a.m. but that is the problem- no quality sleep. I am still in bed now tapping away as each time I get up I feel awful. Toni I was too tired to psyche up and Im not worried about it as Im used to having plans disrupted due to arthritis.
    I just hope Chris didnt struggle,

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    You just cant fight sleep. I was awake at 5 a.m. but that is the problem- no quality sleep. I am still in bed now tapping away as each time I get up I feel awful. Toni I was too tired to psyche up and Im not worried about it as Im used to having plans disrupted due to arthritis.
    I just hope Chris didnt struggle,

Elizabeth

Let's hope eh?

No news may be good news?

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Toni

Chris is calling in again tonight. She is not going back home inbetween appointments.

Love
    Elna x

Hi Elizabeth,

What you need is a magic pill to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzs. Would your gp help you with this, if you ask?

Love
    Elna x

• tkachev
    Options
    Hi Elna.

Its the Methotrexate that seems to knock me out. Im not keen on sleeping pills as have to have my wits about me for children.OH is taking them to see Toy story 3 now. Hes already been once with Daniel. Im all alone,
    :D
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Elna.

Its the Methotrexate that seems to knock me out. Im not keen on sleeping pills as have to have my wits about me for children.OH is taking them to see Toy story 3 now. Hes already been once with Daniel. Im all alone,
    :D
    Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth

OH is coming up trumps going to see Toy Story 3 twice!! At least you are able to rest even if you cannot sleep. Are you able to doze now in the day when you are without anyone with you?

I do hope you feel better soonish.

Love
    Elna x

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry your going through it just now. Sending a ((( ))) and a bucket of hopes as well.

Hey can I go in OH's pocket for Toy Story 3 please :D I can't borrow a kid this time cus they all too 'old' for it now... they grow out of these things and I grow into them....

To cheer you up shall we watch the Frog song :wink: More ((( ))) and love Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I have more than one copy of the Frog song :oops:

I might not be on later Chris so i just wanted you to know I was with you in spirit and i hope when I log on in the morning it's to really good news - things are getting sorted :)

Love and hugs

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Right, it's 5.30pm and I have uncrossed everything. I hope it all went better than you thought it would and that you are OK. Thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Guys

Not long been in what with doc running late and buses being what they are but on balance a good day I think, perhaps, maybe! :?
    Will start a new thread as an update since this is turning into a novel, sorry! :oops: Must get a brew first.
    Elizabeth so sorry your day/week not good there. Hope you feel better soon. (((( ))))). Thank you again to everyone who has posted here and got me through today.
    to be continued.....
    Chris xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Didnt want to take over your thread just wanted to let you know if you couldnt make CAB queue (for health reasons) not to feel guilty or bad about it as its not easy.
    I feel inspired by the size of your queue!

I did have a lovely rest and boy did I need it. Now its your turn Chris.Put your feet up.
    Cris Lucy found the film very sad and I got a shock cos the pick n mix came to £9 !!!!!!coke and popcorn made it up to £15.
    :x
    Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • chris7
    Options
    Elizabeth

No prob with anyone or any thing on this thread lovey. Was sorry you had such a rotten day there. Don't feel guilty we all know that good intentions sometimes really can't be achieved. Just felt I should kinda close this chapter after all my blathering but then realised I had left it on page 13 :shock:

I know what you mean about not feeling able to get there. If it hadn't been for the good wishes and encouragement over the last few weeks I could so easily have turned over and gone back to sleep this morning. When you know people do actually care and are wanting you to help yourself it does spur you on to find a bit more strength. I am paying for my efforts now but hope tomorrow will be better.
    Don't feel bad love, we will get you there too when you can find the strength.
    love and hugs and wishing you a better day tomorrow. (((( ))))
    Chris xx