chris7 is in need of our support

Options

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Hope your feeling a bit better today? Colds can be horrible and i really think they go with either a burn of oa or a flare...... I so hope you can get hold of some help and well the queuing thing... may be the other people can help more than CAB? DIAL help they tell me... I am going to go see them but as yet haven't rung.... I know I must... and get a blood test!

Leaving you some ((((( ))))) and a healing draft as well as setting you a place for a cream tea later. You rest up, find your favorite book (what is that by the way>) and feel a lot better soon. hang in there Chris, sooner or later things will change in your favour flower. Love Cris xxxx

DD you rest uop and have this healing draft as well xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi all, nice to see so many of you again.

Thanks for keeping me going here.

Elna once the CAB queue gets in the building at 9.15 at least a few of us can sit down thank goodness.

Speedy good point there, it would get the 2 ordeals over in one day, so not looking forward to the doc. I had forgotten the DEA angle till Iris reminded me here. If there is time inbetween perhaps I could go the job centre aswell and really be on a roll! :shock:

Ironic thanks for the hugs, sorry you not so good there and needing the MOT. I will check with CAB bout the council tax thing first, me list is quite long here now! :? I'm not a honey fan sadly since a jar of the runny stuff exploded on me bench at work. Sticky horrible mess. :lol:

Tilly thanks it does help to know all you guys are looking in and make me so much want to post some more positive news soon. I do hope so. Hope you have a better day.

Iris, bless you re the cunning plan and the pm's. Sorry to need it explaining again, am sure you have told me before. :oops: There are so many organisations out there I have had no dealings with and didn't feel would give me a second glance but maybe it is time.

DD My pole dancing days are long gone love! :shock: but I like your thinking. So sorry you in a bad flare, sending healing hugs and rest to you and hope you soon feeling better. Will be thinking of you.

Rose thanks for reminding me. Haven't be brave enough to try to online shopping yet. It is tempting to spend too much but I must give it a try it would be a help if I can fathom it. Thanks for that.

Toni. Ta sorry had to ask Iris what WR meant but am on the case now thanks. Have a great time with Cris just don't forget the body armour for the cockerel !! :shock:

Jean thanks for the hugs and good wishes. I hope you are doing ok? I will pm you soon as still a bit confused here, sorry! :?

Cris Hope you are recovering a little and that you have a good day with Toni. :D Will send some shortbread for you all. Hmmm! favourite book? too many too mention and finding time awake a prob at the mo!

Sorry this is too long again, but many thanks everyone.
    Hope you all have a good weekend if you can. Rest up DD. ((( ))))
    leaving shortbread, and bestest cc fudge. from Cornwall but packed in Yorkshire. :wink:
    Chris xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 1. Aug 2010, 03:58
    Options
    Hello again dear Chris.. :D

you know, you have your very own rapid rescue response 'crew' here who will continue to listen and offer support. ...as you have done countless times for so many of us :wink:. so we're just taking the opportunity to return the favour. :D

Chris...it really IS time and you need to believe you are as entitled as anyone to apply for DLA etc.

Arther plays tricks on us with his unpredictability.. so when we have goodish days we persuade ourselves that the awful days don't somehow matter or 'qualify' us for support. The damage arther does is also insidious...it creeps up on us slowly and we accommodate the differences without recognising just how much of a problem we are coping with.

Disabilty benefits are there to help you Chris, just as they have helped many of us with managing life with this awful arther.

I do hope that you can get CAB or Wefare Rights advice next week.

love and strength.

Iris xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Oh thanks for the shortbread.... tis silly packed in York's? Not so green eh?! :wink:

Look I will do a deal with you...... If you go to somewhere like DIAL so will I hows that...... no pressure :lol::lol::lol: We will both get knocked back but we will both appeal and you know what I know all about hand to mouth living (from choice) and tis hard..... so...... you up for the deal?

Sending hugs, bounces from Haz and Primmy and a small bounce from Rowan.... Bloss said she would but she is a bit busy just now sleeping.... and the Odd-Ball well he sends a nice face and a hope he will bounce next time.

Velc's wanted to say something as she keeps hitting the key bored and I have a chicken stood here (being hounded by Haz at the door) and she said do you want an egg.......

You take care and think about the deal.... Love ad some very sickly cake. Cris xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've been asleep most of the day. The only thing I can think of to say is that you are indeed a capable and resourceful woman. Act on that. I know it's tough at the mo but we are all behind you - and not in a creepy way! - you can do this chris. I know it's not easy to accept help or support but, hun, it's not a case of giving in. Oh b***er, I wish I could do more but the time has come to leave for my shady 'other' job, yup, the pole dancing club beckons. I've got to go. OK lads, I'm on my way! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris, EXPLODING HONEY..Sorry but the image :lol::lol::lol:
    There is a bear with very little brain that would have thought all his birthdays had come at once!!!

Hope you have a restful night and the book shop is not too busy tomorrow for you.

Lv, Ix
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Chris,

The shopping online is actually quite easy and it tells you what to do and you can ask for help aswell. I've only used it once, the other week as i was so depressed i can hardly walk round the supermarket and the pain kills me, so as i was in need of retail therapy i did it! :D
    It was quite good fun! :D So have a go you will find it a blessing and no heavy bags to carry on the bus for you !!

Hope you are feeling much better today!

Rose x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning chris, I hope you are feeling reasonably OK today and the cold is clearing. I'm doing my 30 minute post Alendronic sit-up at the mo, I can't wait to crawl back to bed. The flare continues un-abated. Poo. DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Just dropping you in a ((( ))) and a hope you have a decent day. Love Cris who is meant to be somewhere and best hurry up :wink: xx
  • chris7
    Options
    Morning all

Sorry in a dash (as much as I can dash :roll: ) to get to work. Hang in there DD. up at that hour poor you. :shock:

Cris, I'm glad I don't start at your time. Good luck with sale today. Love to Toni and the gang. Hope to call in this evening.
    Try have a restful day guys.
    take care
    Chris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    thanks Wonky, Elna, DD, Ironic, Toni, Cris, Iris, Lynn (good to see you Lynn) Sorry if I missed anyone. Bit brain dead here.

Well CAB not helpful.

Didn't feel it fair to queue and spread the cold, so spent an hour trying to get through on phone this morning. I had assumed I would be able to book an appointment even if it meant waiting a month but NO!!! That would be far too simple and civilised. It seems they have been taking lessons from my GP practise.

Guess what? :x They only book appointments a week in advance and all have gone for next week. (they always get booked up on the Monday!) Says I need to phone on Monday to try and get one for the week later. Didn't care a hoot that I am trying to hang onto my jobs and work Mon to Wed. No chance of getting through on the phone Monday even if I do miss my half hour lunch trying. Has suggested that I need to be in the queue at 8.45 on Thurs (they open at 9.15) in order to guarantee seeing someone, but what is the point if they are still going to have to refer me to someone else and seems there will never be an appointment available for the following week. !!??? Is anyone following this? Am I getting this correct? What do I do now?

I am so frustrated by this turn of events. :cry: Seems you can't have arther AND try to hang onto work if you want to get some help and advice. I am losing heart here just when I thought I was for once trying to do the right thing and get some info. Do I just say hang it and resign from both jobs or join the damn queue on Thurs and see what happens? Sorry the cold making me snappy here and didn't eat yesterday which meant no anti inflamms, which was a big mistake. :roll:

Thanks for listening. Any thoughts welcome.
    take care all
    Chris x

This is my problem. You have to turn up at CAB office and wait in a queue but its not that easy is it? I have not been able to get through on the phone even phoning on the dot. Its not engaged just not answered. So I will have to take the queueing gamble too.I can imagine every Tom, Dick and Harry will be there with their many questions about housing, benefits and problems and I'm not looking forward to it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Chris.
    i hope you feel a lot better to day.
    its nice we have a happy helpfull forum to come too every day.
    i send you hugs((((((to help you)))))).
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Chris, just calling in to say hi. Hope you are having an ok kind-of day.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi Chris, I've just broken free from my gaolers and escaped to the forum. Hope you've had a better weekend and that today work wasn't too hard on you.

Love
    Annie
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Chris
    ...just popping by and hoping you're feeling a bit better with that cold.

also got fingers and toes crossed for you for better luck in getting an appointment for advice about benefits etc from CAB this week..

Annie....so nice to see you back! hope your leg and foot aren't too painful still. :roll:

Iris xxx
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Iris, Cris, DD, Ironic, Rose, Elizabeth, Joan, Speedy, Annie.

Sorry bit late, just quickly showing my face here. I closed my eyes for 5 mins after work, big mistake. :roll:

Iris thanks again for the pm's, kind words and practial advise. Hope Wally has had a goodish weekend ready to continue physio when the wound all well.

DD do hope you are having a better night. I know these things take time so do rest if you can, though I know you have work for a while tomorrow if you can. I have been thinking of you today. ((( )))

Cris glad all went well with Toni, and you all enjoyed the company. Hope you are hanging in there? Yes the fudge not very green but at least our signature dish :wink: IS made in Yorkshire. :D

Elizabeth yes I knew you were on the trail of CAB, do hope you get somewhere soon. It is frustrating. Hey! the athletics was good eh! Not that you will have had chance to catch much, like me. Go team GB. :D

Annie, bless you ((( ))) was so glad to see you home, do hope you are feeling so much better now. Hope the AB's have done the trick. No Trish about today? :cry:

Ironic if the exploding honey amused you and the nameless bear! you should have been there the day someone. (not me thankfully!)
    was carrying a 10kg bag of aniseed balls when the bag split at the bottom with some venom onto a concrete factory floor. :lol: Oh how we laughed until we realised we only had a dustpan and brush to try and get them up. Deep joy :roll:

Speedy, Rose, Joan hope you had a relaxing weekend if you could and forgot the chores at least for today.

Work okish thanks, not too busy AND I had another member of staff to help so got all the jobs done. The cold over the worst I hope thanks Guys, though I fear the accompanying mouth ulcers might be the Naproxen having just re read the leaflet. Will ask doc on Thurs, but all okish as it can be here today thanks. Not sure when I will get in again as Willy Wonkas is the tough one but if not I will let you know what happens Thurs. re CAB and Dr.

Hope you all having a good kip. Take care, thanks again for all the good wishes. (((( ))))

Chris xx

p.s. Thanks for the reply to the pm Jean, I know how busy you are. bless you. ((( )))
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chris

I have just spent the last 20 minutes reading through all the posts on this thread, and I wanted to add my support to the long list of other people who are thinking about you and helping you.

I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time at present, and I do hope that you can manage to get the advice which you need. I think that if you persevere, you will get some answers and hopefully things will eventually become easier for you.

I hope you are feeling better from your cold now.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello chris7, I hope you had a good night. Yep, I think mouth ulcers are a side effect of naproxen, it gives me chronic oral thrush, which is delightful. Oh the joys of these poisons! At least the cold is clearing tho - that is a good thing. Take care today. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Morning Chris :D

Hope the cold has gone away - at least a good bit gone anyway??

We had a great time with Cris and her lot - my lot are still asleep and might be there a while :wink:

A nap if you need one never hurst you - so you go right ahead :wink:

Catch you later lovey

Love

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris, Hope you have got through yet another day at the wonker factory.
    We had a friend in Otley who loved Aniseed balls. He got a full jar every Xmas. Yep I would have had the giggles if I had seen the cascade of sweeties rolling everywhere. Must have been like walking on marbles :lol:
    Have a good rest tonight and get rid of the last of the cold.
    I was thinking of Poo Bear with his head in a pot of honey. Oh My, oh my.

Sorry I'll go now, exit stage left.
    Sleep well, Lv, Ix
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Chris
    I only joined the forum today but after reading all your well wishes I thought I would too say I hope yo soon feel better.
    A hug from me
    Julie x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hope it stays quiet for you for the next two days........wish I'd been there when the aniseed balls bag broke!

Good luck for Thursday, hang in there Chris..........you will get through.

Annie
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Chris,

just to let you know I'm thinking about you and sending you some more positive vibes.
    hope you have a restful sleep tonight.
    (((hugs)))

Iris xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Night, night Chris, hope you sleep well. I think I shall, feel pretty shattered after my busy day. I hope you day was not too tough.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Chris, glad cold is improving. Hope mouth ulcers clear up soon ... what do you put on them? Make sure you get plenty of rest after your shifts at "wonkers"

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.