Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Afternoons all... i was moaning about the rain..now could do with a cool shower...chillios working now hahaha the gel soon gets back to normal ..i need a tub of the froyo...xx
    Joan our son is fine now thankyou.. till the next bite..bloods were back to normal ..hope all is well with you Sue and the doggies..bet they are asleep.:) xx
    Toni yes out side you would think we are back to normal...people won't listen...has long has you both keep safe..i hope its a little cooler in Scotland...our gd has only been tested once..its not good when they are woking with poorly or elderly people ....:(....you enjoy xx
    Right im off to sit in front of my fan
    Love to all
    Xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    All is well here we are in Largs (seaside) today we make our way towards Oban.
    Barbara I am so glad your boy is well again. He wouldn't want to be near mr with all the midges. We have spray.
    Joan mask on of I have to get out of the camper but mostly I stay inside and just watch the people and look at the wonderful scenery.
    Kath gosh that poem! Taylor is too modest.
    Sleek isnt at all bothered by thunder and Tia makes sure she is safe inside. Of course she doesn't realise she sneaks off to yours when she goes home!!!
    Has she been doing your washing up,? She loves washing up and does a fabulous job bless her.
    Take care everyone I'll just take a mango dessert
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (((()))) thank you we had a good day we went into town and had meal at the café we had to be back by 1. for the carers we enjoy the ride. How are you ((())) and Chris ((()))) doing. Love to Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

love to Barbara (((()))) Toni ((())) Paul ((()))Charley ((())) and her girl friend ((())) Tia (((())) Lucy ((())) Carol (((()))Chris ((())) Bill ((())) Mig ((()))

. have a good day everyone

take care
    joan xx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Morning all

This will be a short post as we are waiting for our Ocado shopping to be delivered. But I just had to send you 2 photos of gorgeous Rubie who was 2 Yesterday. I remember us all including Aidan counting down the days to her birth.

picture of her on her present from us which I gave GD the money for when We was down there. She is a big Peppa pig fan.

And I have got to show you this next one as I think it is gorgeous and will certainly be added to our new digital photo frame.

She looks so serious and thoughtful.

Gd has some gorgeous ones she has put on facebook and I will post more later. But must go as shopping has just arrived so need to put it away.

love and sparkles

❤️❤️🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Daily Poem

MeltingI

By Kath

think I’ve turned into

the wicked witch of the West,

I’m melting and I’m not wearing a vest. 

But Sleek has run me a cooling bath,

She really looks after her old Aunty Kath.

Yes, I’m melting under that huge orange blob

and I’m stuffing ice creams by the dozen

While Sleek is washing the dishes

and dreaming of latte of silver fishes.

She’s chatted with her mummy,

as Tia rubs her tummy.

She purrs as she falls asleep,

Our darling little friend Sleek. 

Oh Carol, beautiful photos of Rubie with her curly toes. I love her Peppa Pig bike. She does look very thoughtful.

Barbara, I'm so leased your son is better, and your chillows are working again.

Joan, Chris and I are NOT enoying this heat and humidity. We're definitely not sun worshippers. We don't sleep very well at the best of times. 😴

Hugs to all.

Pitta Pizza

This is the quickest, easiest pizza ever! Enjoy choosing from a range of toppings or just keep it simple with 'cheese' and tomato. Perfect for lunchboxes too :)

Ingredients: 

• 2 pitta breads or flatbreads (use GF if required)
    • 5 tbsp passata or dairy-free pesto (eg Sacla, Zest or supermarket free-from)
    • Vegan cheese of your choice (our favourite for melting is Sheese Greek Style but any will work)
    • Choose from the following toppings: artichokes, broccoli, capers, chilli, fresh herbs, mushrooms, nuts (pine nuts and walnuts), olives, onion, peppers, pineapple, rocket, spinach, sweetcorn, tomatoes, vegan mock meat

Method: 

1. Spread the passata or pesto evenly over the pittas.
    2. Add the vegan cheese and toppings of your choice.
    3. Either: pre-heat the oven to 220ºC (fan)/430ºF/Gas Mark 7 and cook the pizzas in the oven for 7-10 minutes OR pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes OR pop them under a medium grill for around 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

Followed by green tea.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    edited 12. Aug 2020, 16:59
    Options
    Evening all..it went to 35.5 in our back garden..not good is it no breeze but has just started to thunder..
    Carol little Rubie..not so little any more..she is beautiful and the photo is lovely.. a brilliant pp bike from you for her Birthday ....her little face.:)....time is going to quickly.. xx
    Kath i like the melting poem..we certainly dont need our vest...hahaha..and thankyou all is well again with our son..xx
    Toni all this midgie..i thought it was a myth till we went to Scotland...they eat you alive.. well they did me..i hope Paul has some repellent on now..you enjoy..xx
    Joan i am pleased to hear you have even to your cafe..dont you just appreciate it when let out....the carers are coming early i hope all is well.. xx
    Right im off I hate thunder and lightning.. my friend got struck while fishing ....we were only young and we used to think he was really special like superman....hahaha
    Love to all
    Xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

all

I will start by saying due to loosing post and being to hot to do anything. I only remember a few things you have all put on here, so if I leave you out I am sorry, Right let’s see what i remember.

Toni Hope you are enjoying your time away in the camper hope you are enjoying yourselves and you manage to see Lucy. Hope the back is behaving. And Sleek is the perfect house guest at Kath’s.

Joan Mr T had a good birthday, meal out was great the restaurant is walking distance from our home, but boy was it hot that night 🥵🥵🥵 even at 7.15pm .

i will post the picture he took of us but you must promise not to laugh at my hair it looked like I had been caught in a downpour of rain where I was so hot.

Chris you enjoy see your Great grandchildren. How many do you have we have 6 our eldest GD has three girls Lillie who is 8 Graycie 3 and Rubie who was 2 yesterday. Our GS has a girl and 2 boys Faye 4 Ashley 3 and Kian 1. Faye and Ashley are GS Step children. However they are still treated the same pictures of our eldest and youngest GGC

Lillie who is often called Lillz

And Kian called Kiki by his mum and dad.

Apparently Rubie had great day yesterday on her birthday a couple of pictures for you of her birthday

helping Daddy put her bike together. 😂😂

Unwrapping her presents.

How are you all coping with this Hot weather Me T brought a new fan yesterday as our old one broke at the end of last Summer so nice and cool in our living room . It’s amazing how many of the things you buy today have remote controls both the fan and the new digital photo fame I brought last week have remote controls 🙂 Still hot in the night though but I have my chillows.

Kath And Barbara thank you yes not so little Rubie is beautiful as are her sisters her mummy and her Auntie but then again I am biased.

anyway it is time for a little potter before I get stuck to the armchair 😀😀

love and sparkles to you all

stay safe ❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) yes it's too warm at night. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good your son is better ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (((()))

Carol lovely photo's you have good memories there (((()))) love to Mr T ((()))

love to Toni (((()))Paul ((())) Charley (((())). and her girlfriend (((())) Tia ((())) Lucy (((()))

Love to Bill (((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Just s quick hello!
    Kath I love your poem...sleek will be printing it off for her ickle house and you caught her washing up!!!
    Hi Joan you've eaten out!!! Hoorah!
    Carol grest pics Rubie looks so sweet in that pic set one for the album.
    Barbara I doubled up Pauls antihistamines on advice of pharmacy so starting to improve :)
    Love to you all Skye today xxx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Take this kiss upon the brow!

And, in parting from you now,

Thus much let me avow-

You are not wrong, who deem

That my days have been a dream;

Yet if hope has flown away

In a night, or in a day,

In a vision, or in none,

Is it therefore the less gone?

All that we see or seem

Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar

Of a surf-tormented shore,

And I hold within my hand

Grains of the golden sand-

How few! yet how they creep

Through my fingers to the deep,

While I weep- while I weep!

O God! can I not grasp

Them with a tighter clasp?

O God! can I not save

One from the pitiless wave?

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Allan Poe

Well, it;s Tesco and the bin men day. I'm too hot to bother today. We had a power cut this morning and a poem just popped into my head, but I'll save it for another day. 😀

My eldest daughter Marie Claire is 50 today. Her sister was 49 last month. They are the same age for 6 weeks of the year.

Marie Claire

Helen

More gorgeous photos from Carol, and Barbara's son is doing well. Chris has finished his anti biotics and his leg is looking so much better. Toni is trying to avoid the midges in Scotland - good luck with that.

Love and hugs to all.

It's too hot to eat, so I've treated us to a huge bowl of ice cream.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options
    Evening all another phew from me..more floods in the next town and was going through the doors no rain here...
    Carol they are gorgeous and you are allowed to be biased..i love the photos was that you helping put the bike together.. us women can do these things hahaha...i know what you mean about the humidity with hair..mine the same im like a wet rag ....glad you enjoyed the meal at least..xx
    Joan do you managed to sleep at night..i didn't last night..even with my chillo ..hope you are all ok xxxx
    Kath another good poem by Edgar Allan..cant wait to read your new one
    I am glad to hear that Chrises ABs are working....what would we do without them..
    Your daughters are lovely..so you had them so close together..blimey..thankyou for all thst icecream just what I needed..xx
    .Tini I am glad they have upped the antihistamines for Paul ..hopeful the midgies will stay clear..you enjoy Skye..its beautiful and so peaceful...xx
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Morning!
    Edgar Allen Poe first thing in the morning! Kath thank you I feel most cultured! Cant wait to read your poem <3
    I am drinking coffee waiting for Paul to wake up.
    His midgie bite was the whole of his forearm red hot and swollen is now less misshapen and much better. On normal dose now of antihistamines.
    I am spraying myself with repellent!
    Foind a chip shop which sells vegan food last night so had to send Paul in so we coulf try some things....
    We'd already eaten!!!!
    Today is a short journey to Inverness so plenty of time to look around I hope.
    Last night we were actually cool!
    Lad on site which has Learning disabilities keeps chatting to me. But he knows his social distancing rules!
    Love to Joan and Sue did you say what youd had for your birthdays?
    Barbara's lad still ok I hope. Hard to dodge insects completely though :/
    Carol the pics were lovely gorgeous gf you must be so proud.
    Hope Chris is ok. Must be thinking of your holiday too now.
    Miss you all
  • dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) your daughters are lovely ((())) that's good Chris's leg feeling more comfortable now ((()))) love to Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) yes we sleep alright thank you. I hope your son doesn't get another midge bite ((())) love to your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) is your back feeling a bit better now (((())) love to Paul ((()))Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia ((())) and Lucy((())) got sue some jogging trousers and she got me tee shirts

love to Bill (((())) Mig ((())) Carol ((())) Chris ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (written yesterday)

Power Cut!

by Kathleen

We had a power cut today,

and I’m too hot to bother.

Putting the clocks all right again 

put me in a right lather.

And when Tesco came, 

without any bags!

I was so angry, I lost my rag!

So a huge bowl of ice cream

was certainly needed

to cool me down

so I didn't feel jaded.

Well that was rubbish, where's Edgar Allan when you need him? Never mind, I'll try harder next time..

Love hugs and sparkles to all.

Broccoli and garlic noodles

Category: Main meal | Serves: 2

Prep time: 2 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes

INGREDIENTS

200g/7oz broccoli florets, 5-6cm /2 1/2 in long

2 teaspoons rapeseed oil

1 medium Spanish onion, thinly sliced

2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

2 green finger chillies, finely chopped

2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and crushed

1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts, crushed

2 tablespoons dark soy sauce

1/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground

1 teaspoon Demerara sugar

1 teaspoon sesame oil

200g/7oz wheat noodles

1. Wash the broccoli in cold water. Cook it in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain well.
    2. Heat the oil in a wok or large, heavy-based pan. Add the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
    3. Add the garlic, chillies and broccoli and sauté over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
    4. Stir in the ginger and peanuts. Add the soy sauce, black pepper, sugar and sesame oil. Mix well.
    5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following the manufacturer’s instructions.
    6. Drain the noodles and quickly mix with the garlic and broccoli mixture. Serve immediately.

This recipe is reproduced from India with Passion, by Manju Malhi.

• barbara12
    edited 14. Aug 2020, 15:58
    Options
    Hello all
    Last night was much cooler but today is so hot again..Niamh has been in the pool with dad and has now gone home..
    Think she might be back Sunday..she doesn't come near us unless we have a mask on..she even reminds us..hahahaha
    Kath noo that poem is good much better then anyone I could think of..yes we all need more icecream...and thankyou fir the noodles and broccoli..might just try this..Niamh likes noodles..xx
    Toni i am pleased to hear Paul's arm is going down..the nurse told lee to take antihistamine is he goes out..just in case..and they can stop bites..not sure how..so you found vegan food.hope it was good..bless the young man talking to you..i like chatty people...:)...and he knows to social distance...unlike lots of people..is Lucy coming back with you ...fingers crossed..xx
    Joan i am glad you both sleep ok at night..not easy in this hot weathet..do pepper and Lexi sleep in your rooms..my little susie used to sneek into our room..love to all of you xx
    My kitchen doors haven't arrived yet because of covid..hopefully next week..
    Love to all
    Xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Kath the poem is very good! I certainly got the idea of your frustration yesterday!!! Very good and relatable :|
    I am missing my ice cream too.....I get Ben and Jerry's vegan or oatly vegan. Ah well....when we get home.
    Will definitely grab some pasta thanks.
    Joan you didn't buy each other the same presents this year?!
    My back is not too bad at all thanks for asking - l hope you aren't in too much pain either ((()))
    Barbara no kitchen doors yet? :( never mind hopefully soon. It will be lovely when it's done.
    Niamh is such a blessing to have around and such a good girl.
    We are in Inverness today but travelling to Clackmannanshire later. That site is 5* looks fabulous! I have loved it here though we are right by the Caledonian canal! So pretty!
    Right love to Carol and Chris mig if she pops by.
    Miss you all
  • dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath that was a true poem it showed how you felt frustrated ((((()))) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

. Barbara ((())) it's colder now. It's nice Niamh comes to see you ((())) love to her Dad ((())) and Mr B ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (())))

Toni ((())) it seems a good few years we've all been in this forum love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia ((())) and Lucy ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Mig ((()))Chris ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (Another brilliant one by Poe)

The Raven

BY EDGAR ALLAN POE

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

“’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door—

Only this and nothing more.”

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December;

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Eagerly I wished the morrow;—vainly I had sought to borrow

From my books surcease of sorrow—sorrow for the lost Lenore—

For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore—

Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain

Thrilled me—filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;

So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating

“’Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door—

Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;—

This it is and nothing more.”

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,

“Sir,” said I, “or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;

But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,

And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,

That I scarce was sure I heard you”—here I opened wide the door;—

Darkness there and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;

But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,

And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, “Lenore?”

This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, “Lenore!”—

Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,

Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.

“Surely,” said I, “surely that is something at my window lattice;

Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore—

Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;—

’Tis the wind and nothing more!”

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,

In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;

Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;

But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door—

Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door—

Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,

By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,

“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,

Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”

Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,

Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;

For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being

Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—

Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,

With such name as “Nevermore.”

But the Raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only

That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.

Nothing farther then he uttered—not a feather then he fluttered—

Till I scarcely more than muttered “Other friends have flown before—

On the morrow he will leave me, as my Hopes have flown before.”

Then the bird said “Nevermore.”

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,

“Doubtless,” said I, “what it utters is its only stock and store

Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful Disaster

Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore—

Till the dirges of his Hope that melancholy burden bore

Of ‘Never—nevermore’.”

But the Raven still beguiling all my fancy into smiling,

Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;

Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking

Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore—

What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore

Meant in croaking “Nevermore.”

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom’s core;

This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining

On the cushion’s velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o’er,

But whose velvet-violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o’er,

She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer

Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.

“Wretch,” I cried, “thy God hath lent thee—by these angels he hath sent thee

Respite—respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore;

Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost Lenore!”

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil!—prophet still, if bird or devil!—

Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,

Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted—

On this home by Horror haunted—tell me truly, I implore—

Is there—is there balm in Gilead?—tell me—tell me, I implore!”

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil!—prophet still, if bird or devil!

By that Heaven that bends above us—by that God we both adore—

Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,

It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels name Lenore—

Clasp a rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore.”

“Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!” I shrieked, upstarting—

“Get thee back into the tempest and the Night’s Plutonian shore!

Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!

Leave my loneliness unbroken!—quit the bust above my door!

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!”

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting

On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming,

And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor

Shall be lifted—nevermore!

• Kitty
    Options

Hello everyone, I'm pleased you enjoyed my new poem. I've re-read it, and it does sound better than I at first thought.

Joan, you are right, I was frustrated, thank you. 

🤔

🤗

Toni, another EA Poe to give us a bit more culture. Ideal for reading on a dark and windy night in Scotland. We miss you too. 

💝

Barbara, it is a lot cooler today thank goodness. Although we didn't get muah sleep last night due to people shouting and rowing outside all through the night. 

🙄

Hugs to Carol, mig, Chris and all our friends on here.

Balinese Summer Curry

Fragrant, fresh, zingy and summery... what's not to love about this curry! 

Ingredients: 

Paste

• 1 red onion, diced
    • 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
    • 2cm piece ginger, grated
    • 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
    • 45g/⅓ cup roasted cashew nuts 
    • 4 kaffir lime leaves
    • 1 tsp coriander 
    • ½ tsp turmeric
    • 1 tsp chilli powder (use a little less if you don't like much spice)
    • Juice of half lime

Curry

• 2 x 400g/14 oz tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed or 280g (approx.) plain vegan chicken pieces (eg Quorn Vegan Pieces) 
    • 1 x 400ml/1¾ cups plus 1 tbsp tin light coconut milk
    • 1 tbsp sugar (ideally brown)
    • Juice of half lime
    • 1 ripe mango, stone/skin removed and cut into small bite-sized cubes (or use around 150g pre-cut mango pieces, chopped into smaller cubes)
    • 2 sticks lemongrass, bashed all the way along using rolling pin or similar (optional but it adds incredible fragrance and flavour)
    • Bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped and also save some whole leaves for decoration 
    • Salt

Serving suggestions: Thai jasmine rice, steamed or stir fried pak choy, broccoli or spinach, toasted cashews, fresh chilli, vegan Thai crackers (eg Sainsbury's are vegan) and an absolute must is coconut yogurt

Method: 

Paste

1. Lightly fry the red onion until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a further few minutes. 
    2. Transfer to a food processor or high speed blender and add all of the other paste ingredients. Blend until nearly smooth. 

Curry

1. In a large wok or deep frying pan, heat around 1 tablespoon oil (medium heat) and then add the curry paste. 
    2. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until the fragrance is released. 
    3. Stir in the coconut milk and sugar and bring to the boil.
    4. Add the chickpeas or 'chicken' pieces then turn down to a low heat. 
    5. Add the lemongrass and mango and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. 
    6. Stir through the lime juice and fresh coriander at the end of cooking. 
    7. Add some salt, taste the curry and then add a little more if necessary until you achieve your desired result.
    8. Serve with our suggestions and enjoy :

• barbara12
    Options
    Hello all
    Much cooler today..perfect weather I would say
    Toni it does sound so idyllic nothing nicer than being near water..
    5star sounds good to me.
    I am sure you will make the most if it..i am glad to hear your back has behaved ..any news on Lucy coming back wuth you xx
    Joan its nice and cool today..Niamh is so good and easy to look after.. she even likes washing up hahaha.. never any cheek off her..love to all of you xx
    Kath i quite like Edgar Allan's poetry ...very in depth...and interesting..but so is yours...:)
    Thankyou for the summer curry recipe..they do say have curry on hot days it cools you down later.. xx
    Tiday is a quite one for us watching the snooker final...
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 16. Aug 2020, 06:46
    Options
    What an epic poem that was Kath.....I read it from beginning to end in the living area of the van Paul snoring away in the bed!!
    It is totally perfect for a misty and dark scottish morning!
    Very atmospheric....a very vivid imagination E A Poe. I noticed almost a reference to Aidan' did to see?
    Thanks for the curry looks really yum.
    Today we hopefully pick Lucy up for a week with us before she starts college!
    Tonight's working our way down we pitch up in Nantwich I think of all places so we practiced putting the extra bed up yesterday. Quite easy I think Lucy will enjoy her one day holiday this year bless her. We will treat her to nice food and our company :D
    Joan we have indeed been her a while haven't we? Time well spent I say and some good friends made.
    My back has behaved Barbara the bed is really good. Hands not so happy though. Had a meal outside the on site restaurant last night. Excellent food!
    Niamh still likes washing up? And hoovering? That's great long may it last. Hopefully you have her again today.
    Will be back in England later on today!
    Love to everyone Chris and Carol and mig.
    Xxx
  • dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath how are your aches and pains doing I hope they are not too bad ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara how are your eyes are they sore ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and Niamh's Dad ((())) love to your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((()))) is Lucy's 5 years up so she can learn to drive (((()))) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girl friend (((())) Tia ((()))

Love too Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (an old one, but appropriate for the time of year).

August Afternoon

Out in the garden I sit and laze

Feeling my skin begin to glow,

sweltering in the summer haze

Listening to the Ashes on the radio.

The butterflies flitting here and there,

wondering which way next to go.

The bees buzz around the Roses, fair,

then down to the Lavender bush below.

An aeroplane flies overhead

visiting lands that I don't know.

But I'll stay here by my garden shed,

listening to the Ashes on the radio.

I found dad's Friday club page and pinched some photos of him from it.

Playing Dominos with his chums.

Cutting his cake in November 2019 he had turned 89.

• barbara12
    edited 16. Aug 2020, 18:43
    Options
    Evening all
    Toni so you will be back in England now..so glad Lucy was able to join you..was it a week or for a day..i think of her often . A brave young lady now out in the world doing her own thing but knows you are always there..glad the bed is OK for you ..did you take your own pillow like i do when on holiday...hahaha..must have been really nice having a good meal outside the restaurant..some normality...xx..
    Kath its nice to be able to put a face to your dad...i really miss mine...he died at 70...was that one of your poems..its really calming thankyou...must say dads birthday cake looked good..:)xx
    Joan thankyou for all the hugs..its so kind if you..my eyes aren't sore at all..just one i see like blue blobs that move around ..has long as I have the other for now..are you and Sue ok xxxx
    Quite cold here today but such a relief at night:)
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 17. Aug 2020, 05:54
    Options
    Joan Lucy's 5 years are up but she can't drive because she's had her last seizure this year.....February I think it was. I think because she gets no warning at all of a seizure she'd be too scared to drive.
    Kath oh I remember my Dad and 1st love used to listen to the ashes! Those really were hot summer days.. long too. Also I remember when we would watch the tennis Wimbledon - everyone did!
    Your Dad looks adorable! I bet he isn't always though :wink:
    Special birthday for him in November then :smiley:
    Barbara I lost my Dad at 66 so you have my sympathy it's too soon. I still miss him and my Mum she was 70 when she went.
    Lucy is here fast asleep for now I have a coffee made and will wake her and Paul up soon. We have the yucky job to do this morning though.....emptying the loo cartridge :neutral:
    I am pleased for Lucy she is brave out there it's a long way but I'm sure she knows I'm here for her.
    She also seems to have made her peace with her natural father which is good.
    Anyway time to get on a busy day ahead back to normality and SLEEK! :smiley: