Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 26. Apr 2021, 11:55
    Options

Mike, I love Ketchup on my fry up, but I also like Brown Sauce too. I'm the same with chips. Dipping them in any kind of sauce is OK with me (OK sauce, get it)

Supplies for the Café.

Chris, I'm sure you will do Sleek's poem prou with whatever you sketch.

Barbara, Emily id tell me the dimension of their allotment, but I've forgotten. I think it's something like 16 yards x 10 Yards. It's just a big field to me. I can't wait for the chickens to arrive but it has to be made fox proof first.

Toni, thank you for the Ready Brek - ICE? it's cold here, but ice. Brrrr. I went outside to empty my recycle bag into the blue recycling bin this morning, just as Holly set off for the school run. She saw me struggling and very kindly helped me. So I think we'll be fine tomorrow.

Where's our Joan? I can't see her on today's posts' I hope she and Sue are well. Maybe they've popped out on their scooters to get a bit of fresh air and sunshine. 💕

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Oh Kath! Behave😁

Thanks for topping up the brown sauce supplies

shall we use these or shall we be posh and use these?

Yes definitely must make the chicken coop fox proof. can't have naughty foxes getting in can we? It is a wonderful plot they've got are there others nearby?

I agree Chris will do a lovely sketch to go with Sleek's poem. She keeps checking over my shoulder and reading my messages. Thanks to that I woke up with a dreadful whiff on my legs turned out to be emrokeayshun to be fair it's done the job on my motorhome bruises!

I'm glad that Holly saw you struggling with the bins and things are ok again 😊I bet you are pleased.

Mike we will continue to support Elliott in his journey of course we will. Oh just a thought will it affect his sponsored walk the delay do you think?🤔

Glad you had your bacon, but why so salty? Thank goodness for brown sauce eh😁

Joan I hope everything is ok not like you to be AWOL😕had a cuppa with my neighbours yesterday which was lovely turmeric tea. Love to you and Sue((())) xxx

Heard from Chris yesterday she was having a PJ day - sometimes the very best plan all round don't you think? Hope today is better.((())))

Love also to Barbara I hope just resting those eyes ((())

and of course love to Carol Miss Cookie and Mr T

Irish rarebit!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I was in yesterday ((())) we had a fox a sleep in our garden yesterday if you went too close he goes.

Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((())) the result of my blood test is too much calcium he just said drink plenty of water that's what I do any way. Did everything go well yesterday with all you had to do ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) have a good day love to Mr B (((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig (((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike we will continue to support Elliott in his journey of course we will. Oh just a thought will it affect his sponsored walk the delay do you think?🤔

Thanks. I don't know about any delay to his sponsored walk as I have not heard anything about him since last Wednesday, I do know that he is determined to do it though.

• Kitty
    Options

Well today is Holly Day, she popped over as she was taking Esmae to school. Esmae has a brand spanking new bike. It's ginormous compared to her old little girl bike. It's a big girl bike.

She brought our bits home within 15 minutes. 

😊

Joan, I'm sorry I missed you yesterday. Yes, foxes will run off if you get too close.

It's quite dull here and a bit chilly too. So here's a warming recipe.

This dump-and-bake Buffalo Cauliflower & Chickpea Casserole is cozy and hearty, plus you only need 10 ingredients to make it!

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Mix the vegetable broth, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, and onion powder together medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. 
    2. While the liquid is heating up, pour the chickpeas a 9×13″ pan or casserole dish. Sprinkle the cauliflower and celery evenly over the chickpeas, then add the uncooked brown rice over the top of the dish.
    3. Remove the vegetable broth from the heat once it comes to a boil and stir in the minced garlic. Pour the liquid evenly over the casserole dish; if any spices stick together you can gently separate them with a spatula. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil (or parchment paper, followed by aluminum foil) and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 60 minutes.
    4. Remove from the oven and top with green onions and/or vegan ranch, or serve as desired. Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to one month.

NOTES

• If you are using canned chickpeas, be sure to drain and rinse them well. You can also replace them with any other bean of your choosing!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hi to all of you

As Toni has said I had a PJ day yesterday. I had been feeling good all last week and had been doing lots. Yesterday when I got up I soon realised that I had been doing too much. So yesterday I had some work to do on the computer after breakfast so I thought today would.be a resting day. It did help so much that today is another good day. I'm taking it easy again today and again tomorrow as I have my 2nd Jan on Thursday. Before I go for my jab at nearly teatime, my daughter is taking me shopping so I can spend my voucher that she gave me at Christmas. I just hope I don't have the side effects that I had with the 1st one.

Kath you are so clever helping Sleek to write her poem. It is lovely. I have copied and printed the final copy and one that I can play with and decide where things will go. I have lots of ideas already and I'm going back in the cafe as I think I can remember easily things that Sleek did. It may take me a while to complete the Illustrating of the poem but I assure you I will do my very best to compliment this beautiful poem.

Thinking of all the lovely people who use this cafe and whose posts are so interesting. It's actually a short post today as I've got lots to do online. Gentle hugs to. Toni Kath Barbara. Joan Carol and Mike.

Be good love

Chris aka CatLady

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Afternoon all will keep this short if you don't mind

Oh has resul from an xray or his right hip..that's age fir you 🤔

Toni Weymouth us si lovely and next door us sandbanks not to be missed ..if I win the lottery 😎I'm going to live thete

Thankyou fir the readybrek it has gone really chilly here xx

Mike neck and shoulder are so painful but you know this ..hope you get quite a lot of respite from them ..good you got that fryup 🙂xx

Kath I was thinking the same about Emily's allotment it will need fencing off ..flash eggs will be wonderful

I'm so glad you and Holky are getting there xx

Chris how long now till your cruise ..sorry I don't have any energy to spare ..I am hoping you find some xx

Joan hiw lovely having a fox in the garden fast asleep ..I remember you saying the doggies bark when they see one xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

Barbara I can see yesterday was a tough day on your poor eyes😕 I hope today is better for you ((()))

I don't think we need ready brek today it's wet but much warmer.

Paul has mentioned Sandbanks I'm not sure we want to live there with all the posh people you know.....we wouldn't fit in!!

So has Mr B got OA in his hip? Bless him if he has he knows what he faces with you having done it before.

Hi Joan too much calcium and the only thing you can do is drink more water🙄that's it then all you can do. A fox I love them (unless you have chickens of course) they are so pretty. love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Mike I am sure Elliott will do that walk and really hope he can do it on the date he had planned. I expect you will hear soon that his bloods are ok and his chemo has started ((())) xxx

Kath a new bike eh? A rather big girls bike! Vay can have her old one I expect.

I'm impressed that Holly was back with your bits in 15 minutes she is certainly making an effort that's a good thing I hope Chris is happier with her too.

Oh thank you for the chickpea and cauliflower casserole it was exactly what we needed wasn't it? Today is warmer, but wet I think🙄

Sleek reckons she will stay inside where it's dry, but will visit you through the gate not on her broomstick.

You will also be getting a visit from Sleek Chris because she wants to make sure you do not overdo things with having your 2nd vaccination on Thursday!

I suspect she is thinking you might need her to pose🙄she can be a tiny bit vain you know.

It will be lovely to spend your voucher before you have your injection 💉 if you are a bit rough (Charley and Annie were fine after their 2nd) you will be able to think about whatever you bought 🙂

Thank you for doing us an illastrashun for Sleek's poem, but please don't overdo it on our account will you?

gentle hugs back at you take care.

This morning I fancy some crumpets....by any name 😉

I'm sure that they will taste the same!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike I am sure Elliott will do that walk and really hope he can do it on the date he had planned. I expect you will hear soon that his bloods are ok and his chemo has started ((())) xxx

Spoke to my baby sister yesterday and apparently the whole family are staying in Bristol until the medics decide to give Elliott his (hopefully) last dose of chemo, she found that out on faceache and we have no news other than that.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's a posh bike Esmae will love it ((())) that's good Holly is getting the things for you ((())) love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((())) and Emily ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good Mr B ((())) has got his results know he will know what to do ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Chris ((())) Good your second jab ours is the 5 'th may you have got a lot to keep your mind busy ((()))

Toni ((())) yes posh people live in Sandbanks you are has good as them even if you have not got there money.

Love to Paul (()) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((()))we will be thinking about Elliott ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Well I'm feeling proper poorly today. All say AAAAAHHHH poor Kath. It is very damp here and was very cold first thing, so my joints are misbehaving. Also my hay fever and Asthma are also being nuisances because of the pollen being high. But the sun is streaming through our living room window, so I've chucked my blankie on the floor for now.

Chris, oh I can't wait to see your art work on Sleek's poem. I hope your rest has encouraged your aches and pains to wave goodbye.

Joan, you should see Esmae racing round on her big girl bike.

Toni, I don't think LaVay will get Esmae's old bike, partly because of her Autism. She can walk a little but apart from that she has rather a lot of difficulties. I'm pleased you enjoyed the casserole. I'm certainly enjoying the crumpets, I put goat's butter on mine.

CREAMY LEEK & MUSHROOM PIE (VEGAN)

Yield: 4 people Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes

Creamy mushrooms and leeks encased in a crispy, golden pie crust. Delicious, filling and a great choice to serve to both vegans and meat-eaters!

Ingredients

•  1 tbsp olive oil
    •  2 medium leeks, trimmed and sliced into discs
    •  3 cloves garlic, minced
    •  500 g button mushrooms, sliced
    •  1 tsp dried mixed herbs
    •  A pinch of salt and pepper

For the sauce

•  1 tbsp dairy-free butter
    •  2 tbsp flour
    •  350 ml dairy-free milk
    •  1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
    •  A pinch of salt and pepper

For the pastry

•  1 roll vegan puff pastry
    •  4 tbsp aquafaba (liquid from a tin chickpeas or other legume), or just 4 tbsp dairy-free milk, for glazing

Instructions

1. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan on a medium heat. Fry the leeks and garlic for 2 minutes, to soften. 
    2. Add the mushrooms, herbs, salt and pepper and stir for a minute. Place the lid on top and cook for 8 minutes
    3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the dairy-free butter on medium heat. Add the flour and stir until combined. Slowly add in the milk, a tablespoon at a time and whisk, until you have a smooth thick mixture. Stir in the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper
    4. Combine the cooked leeks and mushrooms with the sauce and leave to cool completely
    5. Make sure your puff pastry is at room temperature (if using frozen, leave at room temperature overnight) and preheat the oven to 200C. 

1. Add the leek and mushroom mixture to a pie dish and top with the puff pastry, cutting off any excess pastry around the edges. 
    2. Crimp the edges using a fork and score a criss-cross pattern on the top with a sharp knife. Finally, dip a pastry brush in the aquafaba (or a little dairy-free milk) and brush the top of the pie, to help it brown, plus secure the edge of the pie crust to the dish.
    3. 8. Cook for 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve straight away. 

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all gosh it's cold..but sure the sun will be back soon 😁

Toni how odd our eldest son made crumpets yesterday..something I have never made ..they were so good and so were yours

Yes Mr B has to have another xray ..to determine how bad his hip is..he is now using a stick ..its all the years of going under floors doing people heating he has trained people in martial arts for over 40 years so maybe its that 😏he says no

Don't think we would fit into sand banks..but I can dream 😅xx

Mike I love faceache 😅will be thinking if Elliot xx

Joan yes Mr B now knows what he's up against..its half the battle ..thankyou fir all the hugs 🤗love to all of you xx

Kath Holly is young and sometime they don't see how wrong it is to let people down..its good to know all is well

I am hoping you feel a little better very soon 🤗🤗

Thankyou for the leek and mushroom pie Recipe xx

Love to everyone xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

Barbara funnily i was looking for something for Lilymary about her hip and one of the questions someone asked was whether they could resume martial arts after hip surgery!! I would think it is definitely relevant 🙄but why not he enjoyed it didn't he? I bet he is extra worried seeing what you went through with your hips🤨not alot you can do about that though is there.

Glad you enjoyed all those crumpets yesterday. I love the things!

Joan says we are as good as the posh people so i think we should buy one huge mansion there and adapt it for us all to share🙂

It was colder and darker yesterday but here the sun is out already!

Morning Mike I have to confess I have a slightly ruder name for facebook than yours....started by a chap off here @Mellman (hopefully that's him) it has book at the end something else at the beginning. I can't be doing with it. It is a leecher of time. I am glad they are all there it has to be easier than another potential wasted journey they can check his bloods more often and strike as soon as the iron is hot.👌

Moning Joan thank you we are as good as posh people you are quite right. In fact probably better than any who aren't nice people. I expect we might go and look at Sandbanks though. Paul has worked over there before. Love to you and Sue of course ((())) xxx

Morning Kath I do hope today is a bit better for you😕 I am having trouble with the pollen too as is Kari🙄((())) for you and those poor bones too😔 Sleek has been over with the hembookayshon so maybe you are feeling a bit better? Oh and the chest powltis which I have also been subjected...er treated to!

LaVay will probably be better off with one of the 3 wheelers especially for special children do you think? Much safer and still good for her.I hope her Dad is contributing financially.

The creamy Leek and mushroom pie was a-ma-zing! Thank you so much for that I had thirds😋

I bet Chris' illustration will be just purrfect. Chris I hope you are ready for your shopping trip and vaccine today. Mine is next Thursday.🤞no side effects this time.

Love of course to Carol Miss Cookie and Mr T ((())) is that knitting finished yet?

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

A neighbour fell over yesterday I phoned the hospital because I had known her 20 years she has pain in her hip she has artificial hips anyway so will have to see what happens.

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you feel so bad I hope it does not last to long ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad (((()))

Barbara ((())) it's good Mr B ((())) is having some thing done about his hip that is the problem you work had not knowing the damage you are doing to your body when you are older. Love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) we had 3 wheeled bikes they were good. Yes Sandbanks would be a good place to retire and rest after all the long years of working hard. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol (((()))) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Joan, those trikes were pretty good. They had them at the first special school I worked at. Sometimes I'd ;borrow' one of the wheelchairs abd we would have races in the dining hall after we'd taken the children back to class.

Toni, I don't feel quite as bad toay, thanks to Sleek's hembrakayshun., although my tumm feels a bit peculiar.

Hugs to all, hopefully see you tomorrow. Catch a bit of sun in my garden.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all been emptying my drawers today ready fir the new ones.. were on earth does it all come from..all day it took me on and off.. sat down 😳

Toni j haven't had an omelette for a while thankyou

I can do most things with these hips its just my back that us letting me down..I was told not to ski though..😅no chance the best exercise is a cross trainer ...it depend on the martial art some involve kicking ..don't think that would work ..🤔

Yes we can all go to sandbanks..show them what real people are like 😁xx

Joan you are so right all the hard work catches up in later life ..

How kind of you to call the ambulance for your neighbour..I really hope she hasn't damaged her hips bless her ..love to all of you xx

Kath I'm so pleased you feel a little better..every day is different if only there were more good days for you ..its poring down here so glad of your lovely garden with the sunshine xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning all.

Joan I very much hope your poor friend's hip is ok fingers crossed 🤞 for her. It's so scary to damage your hip as you get older. Oh yes Sandbanks to retire to....

Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Kath you can do the garden that one is absolutely lovely. Mine will be started in June so we can start thinking of plants to put in maybe September when it's done.

Who won the wheelchair races then?!!!

We used to skate up and down the corridor at the hospital on the drip stands when Lucy was in having her treatment. I suspect it sent us all (maybe temporarily) slightly mad!!!

Sleek said yes of course the hembrokayshun works it is from Tosca's book🙄 that's us told. She has something for your tummy too. Not cockles apparently. sounds a bit nasty - good luck!

Barbara emptying your drawers eh😁yes we collect stuff we keep stuff that doesn't fit right no idea why but we all do it. Paul is the worst. I bought a lovely blouse online during luckdown I love it but have to take it off because it's too static. Will I bin it? No!

It will be worth the effort.

Glad you enjoyed your omelette😋

Gosh yes it rained yesterday I was helping P clear out some stuff ready for CHRISTMAS that woman is determined! It was in her garage so we had to keep sheltering. Not together of course socially distanced, but it was funny!

We can show the posh people how amazing 'normal' people are. I always thought they were normal too just in posher houses until I saw the housewives of Cheshire once on TV 📺 Lucy was watching it! How teh other half live eh!

Mike Hoping Elliott's bloods are coming up. ((())) Now if you don't want to leave Cornwall i quite understand when we all move to Sandbanks. We'll put in a helicopter 🚁 pad for you to visit as often as you want.

Hope Chris is ok after her 2nd vaccine yesterday. Sleek reckons she is but let's hope so she hasn't been great this week has she?

Love also to Carol Miss Cookie and Mr T ((()))

kedgeree posh breakie for us posh lot!!!

• Kitty
    Options

Well it's sunny here, but so cold. My back seemed settled at the moment, but It kept going into spasms this morning. We've been up since 01:30 😔 so now my eyes are closing. Sandbanks looks too posh for mr, much prefer Skeggy. Holly is going there in June, and I have some free tickets to give her so they can visit the seal sanctuary and petting zoo. JaVay starts nursery this afternoon, odd day Friday, especially as next week is half term! Hoes she enjoys herself.

Barbara, you have a job and a half on with those draws. Be careful of your back. How is Mr B's hip? I'd swap for mine, but I don't think it would do hm very good.

Joan, how is your friend after her fall? You are a really good friend, ringing for an ambulance.

Toni, I won the wheelchair races of course. I made sure I had an electric one and the others had a manual. The only thing was that you have to be careful taking corners. And going through the automatic doors could be a bit tricky too. Thank you for the Kedgeree, now lets see if I can sort out a supper that would make those Sandbankers sit up and take notice.

Kickin’ Vegan Taco Pasta with Sweet Corn

Delicious kickin’ vegan taco pasta tossed with sweet corn and a savory vegan taco pasta cheese sauce. This flavorful and easy vegan taco pasta recipe is packed with protein and might just be your new favorite meatless dinner!

Ingredients

• For the vegan taco pasta cheese sauce:
    • 3/4 cup cashews + water for soaking
    • 1/2 - 3/4 cup water
    • 1 clove garlic
    • 2 tablespoons lime juice
    • 2 ½ teaspoons cumin
    • 2 teaspoons chili powder
    • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
    • ½ teaspoon paprika
    • ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
    • ¾ teaspoon salt
    • For the pasta:
    • 8 ounces large elbow noodles, cavatappi or shells (or pasta of choice!)
    • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 1 ¼ cups Birds Eye Sweet Corn, cooked according to directions on the package
    • 3/4 cup your favorite chunky salsa (or sub ½ cup tomato sauce)
    • For serving:
    • 1 jalapeno, sliced
    • Cilantro, for garnishing
    • Salsa for topping
    • Diced Avocado
    • Hot sauce, if desired
    • If not vegan, yogurt is delicious swirled in too!

Instructions

1. Soak the cashews in 2 cups of warm water for at least 2 hours; otherwise I've found that you can easily speed up the process by adding the raw cashews to a pot with water and placing over high heat. Bring water to a boil, then immediately turn off the heat; let the cashews sit for about 15-30 minutes in the hot water, then drain.
    2. Once the cashews have finished soaking you'll be ready to make the sauce: add drained cashews, ½ cup fresh water, garlic, fresh lime juice, cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne and salt to a blender. Blend on high until sauce comes together. If you want a bit of a thinner sauce or if it is hard to blend, add 2-4 tablespoons more water.
    3. Next cook your pasta in a large pot according to the directions on the package; drain the pasta and place back in a large pot. Add in drained black beans, cooked Birds Eye corn, salsa and all of the vegan taco cashew cheese sauce. Stir well to combine.
    4. Top with your favorite garnishes like jalapeno slices (pickled jalapenos are fantastic!), cilantro and extra salsa or hot sauce and avocado. If you aren’t vegan, I highly recommended stirring in some plain yogurt for extra deliciousness. Enjoy! Serves 6.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) are your Tesco deliveries coming OK now. That's a good garden love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara (((())) how is your bad leg ((())) it's raining here now. love to Mr B (((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) how is bot the mower doing. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((()) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Thought I would come on early to wish our lovely Toni a very Happy Birthday..hope you have a really good day a bit better than last years🎂🍧🥮🍸🥂sorry can't do a pic like Aidan would have done 😻💕😻 xxxxx

Thankyou for the posh breakfast must say the one time I had kedgeree I loved it

Yes housewives give you an insight 😅

Can just see you skating down the corridors on the drip stand 🤣🤣xx

Ksth we also love Skeggy has you know..I hope the weather is good fir Holly and the children

Glad your back has eased but the spasm are horrible 😢Mt B is hobbling along ..not a good time really with all the backlog

I like anything with cashews nuts in ..might just try the tacos xx

Joan it's very cold here but at least the sun is out for now..this time last year it was in the 20s...but it will arrive

My leg is behaving thankyou love to all of you 💓💗

More drawer sorting today

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Is the forum different? or is it my laptop???

Thank you Barbara.

I had a lovely birthday and will post a pic of my present from Paul for you in a bit.....you will never in a million years guess what it is!

It was much better than last year. I was able to have an outdoor meal with my bro SIL and Kari and Lucy as well as paul!

Those drip stands make great scooters honestly they do!

Glad you enjoyed the kedgeree I used to love it....and ate tooooo much!

Kath wants Skeggy to retire to what do you think?

Joan thank you Bessie Bott is having a rest ATM because it was so dry the grass wasn't growing, but I will switch her on later today. She does a great job. How are you and Sue doing? ((())) xxx

Kath that pasta looks amazing I am definitely going to give that a go I have cashews ready and every single ingredient! Not today though as I have friends coming over for another outdoor curry tonight! Two days running😋

Maybe the idea is that LaVay has a great introduction to nursery and a break before starting full time?

Charley enjoyed her first day, but wasn't impressed that she had to go in EVERY day for EVER after that😁

Skeggy it shall be but we must find a property big enough and with room for a helicopter pad for our visitors such as Mike.

Aidan used to find posh houses didn't he? sigh.... I hope today is a good day off social media for you.

Chris I hope you are ok after your vaccine not too achy and had a great shop with your daughter on Thursday ((()))

Love of course to Carol Mr T and Miss Cookie holidays due this month now!!!

Saturday breaki is of course Aidan's:

• frogmorton
    Options

My birthday present from Paul!

Front view

Back view!!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope Holly and the children have a good holiday (((())) and you and Chris ((())) have a good Bank Holiday.

love to Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) the posts on here seem so small they make your eyes ache it is a lot better answering here.

Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I'm pleased you had a good birthday ((())) and your Figaro had a present as well it looks good as well.

love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((()))

and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Toni what a brilliant present abd so unique.. good one Paul ,he must have given it lots of thought

So glad you had a good Birthday abd everyone was able to join you ..it was my 70th last May in lockdown I am hoping we can gave people round this year..I remember taking my youngest to playschool they had to ring me to pick him up 😅 xx

Joan I can have my phone near my eyes and enlarge the text but some days they go all squiggly and into each other ..but I will carry on has long as possible..how is your neighbour doing have you heard anything ...love to all of you xx

We had Niamh today she played swingball in the garden but it was really cold till late afternoon

Love to all xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options

Took these at 8 tonight when the sun came out

Love
    Barbara