Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,924
    Options

Good morning everyone

Chris ((())) that's nice you had a good ride out in your wheelchair. Sorry you over did it and had more pain (((())) we live in Swindon.

I hope you feel better today (((()))

Barbara ((())) I bet it was lovely meeting your niece yesterday ((())) I hope you had long enough to have a good chat ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) I hope you don't have to wait to long for your appointment ((()))

Toni ((())) have a good time when you go to Dorset to see Paul's ((())) sister ((())) that will be a good change for your lovely neighbours (((()))) what part of Swindon is Paul going to. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) band Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Love to Kath ((())) and Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily (((())) and your Dad ((())) and Carol (((())) Mig (((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((())) and Bill ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Today is quite sunny, but I feel the cold. I'm enjoying my Soya milk. it's not going to last long though so I have 2 cartons. Next week I will try Almond milk. I rang dad yesterday, Anita has forbidden dad from walking himself to the club. As the club were expecting him to come they didn't fetch him and they didn't send him some foo. Thankfully he has lots in thanks to Anita. She took him to his cataract appointment on Wednesday and he has a macular appointment on Monday, so a busy week for Anita.

Toni, I didn't have anything to do with poetry on Saturday - did you get the 3r draft? I've scrapped the summerhouse but will attempt a different one which hopefully will include all the puskins including Smutty, Miss Pond and Bertie.

Well, onward and upwards, hugs to everyone I haven't mentioned, I think about you every day. Here is a poem by someone else,

The free bird leaps

on the back of the wind

and floats downstream

till the current ends

and dips his wings

in the orange sun rays

and dares to claim the sky.

But a bird that stalks

down his narrow cage

can seldom see through

his bars of rage

his wings are clipped and

his feet are tied

so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings

with fearful trill

of the things unknown

but longed for still

and his tune is heard

on the distant hill

for the caged bird

sings of freedom

The free bird thinks of another breeze

and the trade winds soft through the sighing trees

and the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright lawn

and he names the sky his own.

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams

his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream

his wings are clipped and his feet are tied

so he opens his throat to sing

The caged bird sings

with a fearful trill

of things unknown

but longed for still

and his tune is heard

on the distant hill

for the caged bird

sings of freedom.

Maya Angelou

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 16. May 2021, 13:54
    Options

Afternoon all its beautiful today after yesterday and just fir my Birthday 😁I have flowers galore and a pair of slider off our eldest son they are like the old Dr schols but made if rubber and squishy 😄

Toni thabkyou fir the breakfast I did keep some😅the breakfast away will do you good ..and glad your neighbours are just having holiday xx

Joan thayou so much for all the love and hugs you are so kind and remember everyone xx

Kath poor dad hopefully they will send someone for him the next time bless.. the poem is so lovely 😍xx

Right back to my garden while I can

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options

First off my gd in London second off my old neighbour it was lovely to see them the third off my neices and plants for the garden xx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,412
    Options

I very much hope you had the best day EVER Barbara

After the family reunion I bet you did. I am so sorry i am late but typical me I was convince your special day was today😳

To try to make up for it I will pop some flowers in here for you too although you might want to leave them here you have so many at home!!! wow! how lovely to know you are so loved❤️ They all know you so well.

Hi Kath 😊 I have 2 drafts, but the 2nd draft stops at 'The Hunter'? page 5/6 I think the other pages are blank 🤨Am i doing something wrong? Sleek and I have two more lines, but they need not to be where they are if you know what i mean?

Your poor Dad😕 I bet he was so upset. I did rather think the walking was a bit ambitious bless him, but still at least he tried. Should be ok now I hope. I hope his macula apt goes ok.

The 'Free bird' poem is lovely, but rather sad methinks.

Joan thank you it will be lovely to see my sister in law and her husband's new home. Paul is at a massive tyre factory in Swindon which used to the the old Renault car factory??? Do you know where it is? Love to you and Sue. ((())) xxx

I hope all is well with Mike? and that you can see Vixen's birthday cake it's on the previous page. Thinking of Elliotta and family ((()))

Love also to Chris I hope you are ok. Is your lightweight scooter the one they are advertising on TV at the moment? Hope your day out didn't wear you out for yesterday!

Love of course to Carol.

This afternoon I have an apt at the florist....the girls asked me to deal with their flowers!

so I need a good breakfast....

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry I don't have time to read anything that's long because of going for a dog walk and then dinner then the carers coming Ben tea and the carers coming again. I know you write good things ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((())) I hope they remember him next time ((()))

Barbara ((())) lovely flowers thank you for putting them on here for us to see ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) yes I know the place Paul (()) is working. Good luck with the flowers ((())) love to Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I hope all is well with Mike? and that you can see Vixen's birthday cake

Surviving thanks, not impressed with the lowering of restrictions from today, it is actually making more anxious if that is possible despite having had both doses of the vaccine. I will continue to be a recluse and satisfy myself with hugging Vixen when she will let me and nattering with my home help once a week. Thanks for the cake for Vixen, very nice.

• Kitty
    Options

Mike, I agree with you totally. Chris, my husband, says he wouldn't know how to behave now. I didn't tell him he never did. The thought of shopping terrifies both of us.

Barbara, such beautiful flowers, you really deserve them.

Joan, how lovely, you have a very busy day with the carers and then dinner. I think it's a matter of opinion whether anyone writes good stuff or not. Thank you for saying I do. I was hoping the nurse would come to o my blood test today, but she hasn't yet. 🙄

Toni, that's right, I've only done 6 pages up to now and I'm getting a bit fed up of it now as I can't seem to write any new stuff. So I'll just keep on keeping on. Nobody seems to be looking at my recipes ib Matron's Munchies, so I'll put one in here.

Curried cashew dip

Just blitz cashews, coconut and curry spices for an easy vegan dip that's perfect for any party table. Serve with chicken skewers or fluffy naan bread

Ingredients

To serve

• chicken skewers, carrot sticks and naan bread

Method

• STEP 1
    • Tip all the ingredients, except the Bombay mix, into a food processor. Blend until smooth, then season to taste. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more lime juice or a splash of cold water.
    • STEP 2
    • Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle over the Bombay mix before serving with chicken skewers, carrot sticks and naan bread.

Hummus with pickled red onion & pomegranate se

Take shop-bought hummus to new heights with a topping of pickled red onion and pomegranate seeds. Serve with pitta bread as a party snack or a weekend lunch

Ingredients

Method

• STEP 1
    • Put the red onion and radishes in a bowl with the red wine vinegar, sugar and a good pinch of salt. Stir, then leave to quickly pickle for 15 mins. Meanwhile, toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan until starting to pop.
    • STEP 2
    • Spread the hummus onto a plate. Pile on the red onions and radishes, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and sumac. Spoon over a little of the vinegar and serve..

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all we have had quite bad floods nearby..there were lots of traffic stuck in them ..

Toni ooh don't you worry I try and forget my birthdays now 🤣

Thankyou so much for the lovely cake and flowers I had better leave breakfast had to much cake 🎂yes a lovely weekend all round..didn't do much yesterday just chilled 😊

How exciting sorting the girls flowers I take it they have chosen them already 🙂xx

Joan thankyou

You do have a busy house abd taking the doggies for a walk hope you didn't get to wet xx

Mike I am the same still scared of going into our cafe, think I will leave it for a few weeks xx

Kath thankyou

Poor Chris can't behave 😅he would get on with Mr B..you really are a good writer or I wouldn't be reading them 🙂I like the sound of the easy dip might just make that thankyou xx

Love to everyone xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Those dips look amazing Kath! I just need to brave having guests......

I am guilty of not making time to read your recipes ATM the café comes first then I check if there are any newbies in trouble and try to post there. By then I always think I ought to get on with stuff here sorry😳.

The book looks brilliant!! All your own work. Sleek says can you fit 'ours' in about you? Mind you at the moment she is always out (between the heavy showers) or inside asleep after her morning 'rounds' I just said to her - what shall I put on teh menu for today's breakfast? She said 'Choona Mummy'🤢

Going into a supermarket a big one would be very scary I think. If I did so in future I thought I'd start with going at 6am when less people are up and about. For now though i'd rather wait until things settle a bit more. We are vaccinating over 38s here.

I think most of us in this café feel like this about the opening up especially with the new variant first found and wreaking havoc in India Mike. I was talking to Charley (the eldest) yesterday and we aren't planning to meet up indoors any time soon I haven't so much as touched her in nearly a year and a half. I have the summer house which can open up 3 and 3 1/4 sides that's where we met since garden visits were permitted and we are all double vaccinated!

Having said that a lot of the medics are saying 'just because it's allowed doesn't mean we should' so for now. There's no rush is there?

Ah Joan I am glad you knew where Paul is working apparently it's the biggest tyre making place in the country. He makes electrical control panels I will have to ask what they are controlling there. It's probably just ventilation. Flowers all sorted and at a good price too I think. All being well it should look really pretty 🙂 I hope you are both well? and the dogs too? ((())) xxx

I wonder whether Chris made her masks....🤔 Better not be overdoing it.

and hope all is well with Barbara and she is just resting her eyes - or even herself after the emotional time she's had lately.

Love of course to Carol and family and Cookie!

Take care everyone

So I have kind of gone with her idea of fish and knocked up some kedgeree

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (((())) I hope the nurse comes to do your blood test today. I'm having mine and my blood pressure took on Friday at the surgery.

I like Bombay mix as well. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((()) yes we had a lot of rain yesterday as well and thunder. Your flowers are lovely ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) we are going to town on Friday by the bus that picks up wheelchairs we went for the jab we wear our masks it will be nice we have not been to a shop since before Christmas. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike (((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Joan, yes my nurse came at about 12 o'clock thank you. I hope your blood pressure was within the normal range. Enjoy your shopping trip, but please stay safe. Do the doggies go on the bus with you?

Toni, As soon as you and Sleek have finished your poem, send i to me and I will jiggle mine around to fit it in and send you a copy. After you have approved it I will ask our mods to sort a donation page and upload it. I still think there's room for improvement in the layout anyway. I'm so glad you are enjoying the recipes. Thank you for the Kedgeree.

Barbara, I don't bother with my birthday's either, I don't even tell anyone when it is.

Vegan chickpea curry jacket potatoes

Get some protein into a vegan diet with this tasty chickpea curry jacket. It's an easy midweek meal, or filling lunch that packs a lot of flavour.

Ingredients

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then put on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 mins or until tender when pierced with a knife.
    • STEP 2
    • Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 min until fragrant, then add the onion and fry for 7-10 mins until softened.
    • STEP 3
    • Put the garlic, ginger and green chilli into the pan, and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the spices and tikka masala paste and cook for a further 2 mins until fragrant, then tip in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 20 mins until thickened. Season.
    • STEP 4
    • Put the roasted sweet potatoes on four plates and cut open lengthways. Spoon over the chickpea curry and squeeze over the lemon wedges. Season, then scatter with coriander before serving.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Toni I was on yesterday just above you 🙂so glad you have the flowers sorted and not to expensive..I say the same just because the goverment tells us we can hug and meet up ..dosent mean its safe 😏thankyou for the kedgeree nice and tasty ..we had a little trip out today and saw our cafe was open but its only small so gave it a miss ..Will see how things ho6xx

Joan what a nice change to go on your bus shopping just wear your mask and enjoy xx

Kath glad the nurse has been ..has Holly been treating you OK or are they on holiday in Skeggy..I can't wait to see your book ..proper exciting and I will certainly donate ..thankyou for the recipe..think you know I like chickpeas xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning!! So far teh sun is shining and I think it will rain less.

Now where was your post yesterday Barbara? Perhaps I didn't refresh the page?? very odd it's there now.

I like chickpeas too they are so sweet and creamy and healthy!! and you can use the liquid in the tins to make vegan meringues and as an egg replacer in cakes. It's called aquafaba.

A trip out will have done you good and plenty of time to go into your cafe when it feels safer and the rush has settled down which it will.

I would like to hug Carley. I would like to hug her for the time in March last year when she had COVID and I could only speak to her on the phone and she was frightened, so frightened, that she would die alone. That is all i want to do.

Kath that chickpea recipe looks fabulous! I love curry, chickpeas and sweet potatoes! Imagine I will soon be able to have Kari over to eat with us! She'd love it too thank you 😘

Now our poem is so nearly done you should be able to expect it today tomorrow at the latest.

I am trying to decide whether to go to an outdoor ♻ recycling and plastic free event in a nearby village. It's in a pub car park later this morning🤔My lovely neighbour has asked if I can pop by and suss it out.

Glad your bloods were done ok. That is what l like to hear.

Joan I am so glad you have a plan. A bus which is wheelchair accessible is exactly what you need. Will Sue start posting on Fridays again now then? As long as you are jabbed and masked and feel safe I am sure you will be fine. 🙂

I hope the home help was ok yesterday Mike and your voice has recovered from all that nattering? Still sending love and ((())) to Elliott xxx

To Chris I wonder what you did yesterday? any more of your projects 🤨As long as you aren't overdoing things that could be a mistake, but i think you know what you are doing.

Must water or at least check on my lovely neighbours' plants this morning.

Now breakfast i fancy cheese on toast:

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I hope the home help was ok yesterday Mike and your voice has recovered from all that nattering? Still sending love and ((())) to Elliott xxx

Home help excellent yesterday as usual, I had not seen anyone since she came last week so I actually started to croak with so much nattering, luckily another brew helped that out 😁

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's good your blood test was done I hope it's alright ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita (())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((())))

Barbara ((())) no we can't take the dogs on the bus we take then on the scooters when the weather is better next month I think. Love to Mr B ((())) how is his hip/knee ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother (())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) I read Boris is deciding whether we should have a mother lock down so we shall see. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

,I've to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((()) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Hello everyone, nice to read your messages. I love you all. Just to let you know, we started watching a new series on Monday. The Pact, 9pm on BBC 1 on Monday and Tuesday night for thee weeks. Some of my favourite actors are in it. Jason Hughes (Midsomer) Julie Hestmonhalgh (Hayley from Corrie) and Eddie Marsan (War Horse) It's brilliant and I know Toni would love it, and possibly Barbara.

Joan, I'm assuming my blood tests are OK as the consultant hasn't contacted me.

Barbara, Holly goes to Skegness some time in June. She has a ne boyfriend, so we're hoping he looks after her and the girls properly. In the past she's had some right unmentionables and she's had 3 girls (one sadly died as a baby). Esme was born with her bowel outside of her body, Vay is Autistic so we worry about her.

Toni, or should I call you T. S. Castle poet extraordinaire. I have your and Sleek's wonderful poem thank you and after I've finished her I'm going to re-edit THE BOOK. Thank you for the cheese on toast. Yummy.

Vegan Broccoli Casserole

• Cauliflower
    • Raw
    • Notes: 
    • 1 head small (4" dia.)
    • 265 grams
    • Cashew nuts
    • Nuts, raw
    • Notes: 
    • 1 cup
    • 137 grams
    • Nutritional Yeast
    • Vegan - Whole Foods Market
    • 8 tbsp
    • 60 grams
    • Vinegar
    • Cider
    • Notes: 
    • 1 tbsp
    • 14.9 grams
    • Garlic
    • Raw
    • Notes: 
    • 1 clove
    • 3 grams
    • Salt
    • Table
    • Notes: 
    • 3/4 tsp
    • 4.5 grams
    • Pepper
    • Spices, black
    • 1/4 tsp
    • 0.53 grams
    • Flaxseed
    • Seeds
    • 1/4 cup, whole
    • 42 grams
    • Miso
    • 1/2 tbsp
    • 8.6 grams
    • Lemon juice
    • Raw
    • 1 tbsp
    • 15 grams
    • Almond milk
    • Plain
    • 1 cup
    • 240 grams
    • Olive oil
    • Salad or cooking
    • 2 tbsp
    • 27 grams
    • Onions
    • Raw
    • 1/2 cup, chopped
    • 80 grams
    • Wheat flour
    • Whole-grain
    • 3 tbsp
    • 22.5 grams
    • Broccoli
    • Raw
    • 2 bunch
    • 1.2 kg

Directions are based on the original recipe of 6 servings

• Step 1
    • Soak cashews in water for at least one hour prior to cooking.
    • Step 2
    • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove cauliflower cores and chop into florets. Chop onion. Cut broccoli into pieces. Set aside.
    • Step 3
    • Place cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until broken down into couscous-sized granules. Set aside.
    • Step 4
    • In a food processor, add cashews, nutritional yeast, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, flaxseed, miso, lemon juice, and ½ of the almond milk and pulse until smooth and creamy.
    • Step 5
    • In a large saucepan, add olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and let cook for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add flour and whisk until oil is absorbed and onions are coated, about 60 seconds. Add other half of milk and whisk until thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in cashew cheese until smooth and creamy.
    • Step 6
    • Add broccoli to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Pour cashew cheese sauce over broccoli and mix to evenly distribute. Sprinkle 1 cup “cauliflower rice” over top.
    • Step 7
    • Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until cauliflower rice starts to turn golden brown and sauce is bubbling. Enjoy!

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all a lovely day today thank goodness

Toni I really feel for you not being able to hug Charley when she was poorly bless her being scared 😔you won't let her go when you can hug

We are the same with our 2 eldest gds ..I know our eldest us coming in June and staying 10 days we can't wait..did I say how my lost neice and my other one that are sister are like two peas in a pod..it was unbelievable how alike they are ..always upbeat .

.hope the reclying centre is working we have a couple that are not..thanks for the info on chickpeas I am them with all sorts xx

Mike glad you like your home help abd having a good chat is good then your cuppa xx

Joan dud you and Sue have a good time out..doesn't it feel strange but nice ..makes us appreciate things xx

Kath I also hope Holly's boyfriend looks after them the poor girl really has had an awful time bless her ..so glad she has you and Chris

Now I have never put broccoli wuth cauliflower..must say it sound nice xx

Had my haircut today yes the first hairdresser in 35 years I have always had a mobile one ..and I love it a dry cut because I can't bend my beck over the sinks 🙄

Love yo all xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 20. May 2021, 06:06
    Options

Morning!

Tesco order coming any minute so must be super-quick😊

Extra cups of tea for Mike who has talked too much, (Vixen only requires short sentences like "I'm coming" and "more treats?" I expect!), has a lovely clean house.

Joan If we need another lockdown then sadly so be it. I heard there are 6 cases of the Indian variant in Stafford😮 not good eh? At least we are all double vaccinated. Love to you and Sue ((()))

Kath I can't wait to see what happens next with your book! I hope the powers that be can do something with it and it can raise a little money for VA. Thank you our (Sleek's and my) poem was very hard work indeed I am very glad you like it.

I do hope this new chap of Holly's is a goodonen. She has had enough bad ones 😠 and enough hard times with her children bless her. He had better be nice!

I have the pact recorded ready to watch with paul when he comes home from Swindon. He is back tonight but back there again tomorrow just for the day.

The cauliflower and broccoli bake looks lovely I will definitely have to try it. It has been done very cleverly I think sneaking some flaxseeds in for our good health 👌

Barbara you did say how alike your two nieces are. I think it's wonderful for both of them to find family again. How did you find the long lost one or did she find you?

Wait till you see the finished poem book! I did one for Kath - with Sleek's help of course! I am not sure she's ever had one before bless her. She's worked so hard it's very good.

I think we can hug them now can't we? So next time I see Charley I might. We are all double vaccinated and you can your eldest GD. I'm sure we can. The risks those girls have taken to help people while all this has been going on. It's all being forgotten now I think they had nothing no PPE nothing, but they carried on didn't they?

Ooops sorry a bit maudlin there!

Right breakfast now!

Love to Chris I hope all is well with you ((())) xxx

and Carol of course who must be away very soon.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) yes Holly's had it so hard with her children but she loves them she's a good mother to them ((())) I wish her all the best with her new boyfriend ((())) I have my blood taken tomorrow a fasting one I have to be there by 8 20. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((())

Barbara ((())) it's tomorrow we go to the shops. I bet it felt different going to the hairdressers (()) yes I have a dry cut they spray some water to make it damp. Love to Mr B (((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I read Virgin media and O 2 are merging we are with both. Charley and Annie have been so brave caring about other people more than their selves ((())) I'm grateful to the carers because sue would be in bed all day she would not have a life my arms are not strong enough. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Morning all, our Froggy has been hiding her light under a bushel. S has written a fantastic poem - with help from Sleek of course, As she hasn't posted it herself, I'm sure she won't mind if I do it on her behalf. It has been put in our poetry book, which our lovely MOD Sharon is arranging for us to download, so watch this space. Anyway, here's the poem written by Antoinette and Miss Sleek.

To Kath – Val’s Café’s Poet Laureate

She brings to us our daily treats,

Some words to read and daily eats.

Pain and pandemics have trapped us inside,

So Kath took us on a virtual ride

Beautiful places we have seen,

All from the safety of our computer screens!

She’s fought and won her own health battles,

Her pill supply would make you rattle

In spite of this she still finds time,

To help us all, or write a rhyme

A loyal-er friend you will not find,

Than Kathleen T - our friend – so kind.

Toni (AKA Frogmorton) and Sleek.

10/10 and a gold star from me.

Joan, a fasting blood test - I hope they don't come late. Yes, Holly is a good mum and she has a good heart, even though she can be a bit thoughtless some times. But I don't want her to be hurt.

Barnara, I bet you are feeling quite light headed now you've had your hair cut. And in a salon too, how lovely.

Hugs to all.

• Kitty
    Options

Just thought I'd mention this website.

I've ordered 4 of the silicon ones, 2 because I'm Steroid dependent and 2 because I have Asthma. They also provide metal ones and steroid alert cards. Brilliant products, wonderful service, and very fair prices. I highly recommend them.

• CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    edited 20. May 2021, 13:08
    Options

Oh just my luck. After a long time away, I go and loose my post.

Hello to all the lovely people in the cafe who feel very much like friends. I have been out about a week ago. Had to go and pick up a prescription. Silly me forgot to order it when I put my large monthly one in.

On the 13th my daughter messaged me to say she was face timing me in 10mins. I answered when she contacted me, and wondered where they were going as they were dressed up. They were down in Cornwall on a few days holiday. I had a very happy but very surprising shock the devils had only gone and got married that day. They had been planning it for 18 months. I was so happy for them. They'd been together 7+ years. They were friends back at school. Both marriages broke up and they somehow got together.

Not been able to go out again as the weather has been rubbish. I have found out that I can go to several places on the bus once the weather settles.

Just listening to the news. That Indian virus is spreading. Are we heading for another Lockdown. Oh I hope not.

Hoping you all are keeping as well as you can. I havent much energy, but feeling better than I was 7-8days ago.

Take care and stay safe. Gentle hugs

Toni. Kath. Barbara. Joan.. Carol and Mike. Also Ms. Sleek.

Chris aka CatLady1.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Will keep this short I have read your pist but won't type much

Chris what a lovely surprise your daughter

getting married and facetiming you all dressed up 😁xx

Joan you enjoy tomorrow I hope the weather is better for you xx

Toni thankyou for breakfast ..yes we can now hug 🤗 I found my neice a couple years ago but wasn't sure till we found her on Facebook ..and my other neice messaged her because they have the same last name..so glad she did xx

Kath I am loving Toni poem ..we didn't know she had such a talent 👏😍a gold star wow..

The bracelets are a brilliant idea ..xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Oooh! I am embarrassed but so proud of my Gold star Sleek has of course printed it off for her ickle house and is taking credit for the whole poem.

I think though all the café crew (us lot) will agree with the poem sentiments for Kath?

Joan I'm not surprised that some phone companies are merging there are so many of them nowadays aren't there? Absolutely what would we do without carers?? I think they remain undervalued. Charley and Annie called round yesterday and I gave Charley that hug one and a half years late. BUT it was the best hug😍We are all double vaccinated and have done our lateral flow tests at home. ((())) xxx ENJOY YOUR TRIP out today😊

You found your niece yourself Barbara! I am very impressed indeed no need for long lost family with you on the case🙂super sleuth. Well I am so pleased you did it over the moon for you all.

Erm talent...nope that poem took how long? a week two to write? I got there in the end and really wanted it written for our Kath because she does them all the time for us and I wanted to showhow much we really appreciate all she does for us.

Kath thank you for posting my poem - what did Chris think? He knows you best and must be used to poetry?

I was happy enough with it in the end; I had wanted to include all the bits you do for us all here. A gold star that is so kind😳😳The printer woke me up whirring Sleek printing it off in triplicate at least....one for herself one for.....Rosie one for Mrs Darcey etc

Holly does deserve to be happy and with the support of a GOOD man would probably be much more reliable I think.

Can you believe we are off to Dorset safe in our little motorhome tomorrow in this weather?!

EVERYONE WELCOME!

Chris - I am very pleased to see you and amazed with your wonderful family news!!! You must be thrilled😊 Childhood friends finding each other again and living happily ever after that is so very lovely.👰🤵 Good job, with all your health conditions ,you heart is not one of them😉

We are definitely really all friends here in the café 100%

I very much hope no further lockdowns, but maye total opening up will be delayed a bit🤔 we even have the Indian variant here in Staffordshire.

That trip out did you so much good didn't it? I very much hope that soon the weather will let you out again and you can do some more exploring. This time on the bus!

Mike I bet your weather is better than here; rain and blustery wind it's horrible

scarf and hat back on. Still sending strength to Elliott ((()))

Well better get something done hadn't I?

hot buttered crumpets/piklets