Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike I bet your weather is better than here; rain and blustery wind it's horrible

Storm down here yesterday evening and overnight, strong wind continuing this morning. Vixen doesn't like the wind so much but it didn't stop her going out last night and bringing two mice in to play with, one I managed to rescue by opening the front door and one that went to the mouse house in the sky!

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning Mike, Don't know if it's me or hat, but I can't see anybody else here, so let's have a cuppa and a round of Toast and a boiled egg.

You can help yourself to Marmalade from the café cupboard if you like. I think there might be a packet of Dreamies if Vixen fancies them.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I went to the surgery for the blood test. Toni is right you are a kind helpful nice lady who knows about things because you have had them ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Chris ((())) that's lovely your daughter finding her boyfriend (())) from when she was a school and getting married lovely good luck to them ((()))

Barbara ((())) you did good finding your niece's a gain good work on your behalf ((())) love to M B ((())) and your son (((())) and your brother and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) have a good time away you deserve it ((())) we did not go to town too wet and windy we shall see next week. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) love to Carol ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Oh, I've just found you all so I'm sorry but this is a bit late in the day and after I'd spoken to Mike and Vixen. I think I must have taken a wrong turning somewhere.

Toni, Chris agreed with me and said you write better poems than I do. I know it was you really, what is Miss Sleek like.

I'm hoping that I il be able to post our Poetry Book at the beginning of next week an hopefully it might star earning a bit of money for VA.

I'm loving my bangles and hope someone else might make use of the website. BT Toni, Sleek has invited me to join you on your motor home trip. I'll try not to snore, but you know me.

See you all on Sunday. ☺️

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all what weather we are having I used to look forward to May

Toni have a lovely time in Dorset whatever the weather you will be nice and cosy..so glad you got that hug with Charley dosent it feel nice..and you did well with the poem I would have taken months 😅 😀xx

Mike same here we have had storm after storm..we have many mice here wuth the fields Vixen would love it..but like you I would be trying to rescue them xx

Joan hope your blood test will be OK, you always think of others xx

Kath I can't wait for the book didn't Toni do well ..see you Sunday xx

No Niamh today she has a party to go to..

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options

Kath it was a new page so we were all on the last page yesterday. So annoying when that happens you can miss things.....

Erm thanks to you and your Chris, but my poems are extremely simple not in your league at all. I hope something can be done with the book to help VA as they say every little helps!

On the subject of poems Chris (cafe Chris) sent me a hard copy of your 'Ickle house of Sleek' poem! complete with her illustrations and framed too!

Honestly this café is full of lovely people it really is :)

Enjoy your day off of the net. You will be very very welcome to join us in the motorhome it has two double beds one which comes down electronically from the ceiling. I'll make it up ready for you.

Coronation street was good I'm glad the little lad is ok and not being unduly frightened he thinks he got locked in the van by mistake which is good. I was worried it would be scary for him.

Mike, Vixen has sense not liking wind much. How delightful not just one ickle mousey, but two🐀🐀one of whom lived to fight another day at least. The only bad thing about our motorhome trip for me is that I will miss my pusskin. She has Lucy so she will no doubt be just fine.

Joan I am really looking forward to getting away in fact I can't wait! Just have to water the neighbours plants for them first and have a shower and hair-wash here (easier here to be fair). It was too horrible to go out yesterday. Paul finished the Swindon job yesterday got home just in time for Coronation street. Hope your blood results are good🤞

Morning Barbara. The hug was lovely it made me cry. Because of her being so frightened last March when she was sure she would die alone in hospital with COVID and I couldn't go to her.

No Niamh?! Well that's lovely that she can go to parties again bless her. That's what we want for them all isn't it? To be ☺ happy.

Thank you that poem was hard work. I had a few lines and knew it was time Kath had a poem about her she is so good to us all isn't she? I think we all agree.

Yes the motorhome will be dry and cosy it has heating I have packed extra food Kath is coming along everyone welcome!

Aidan's breakfast! Heard from Bill yesterday (I expect so did Barbara) he is doing really well getting a visit from his brother this weekend.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) have a lovely days rest today ((()))) I'm fed up with the scheming woman in Coronation street. love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's nice Niamh going to a party ((())) I hope you have a good week end ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) how is winnie getting on ((())) have a good time a way I hope the rain stays a way. Love to Paul ((()))he must have long drives home from work at the end of the week ((())) love to Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())) that's nice Bill ((())) is seeing his brother ((())) thank you for saying ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((())) and Mike ((()))) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all a sunny but cold day bit much better 😀

Toni you enjoy your time away, it must be so nice to have the motorhome with all its comforts ..I am ready packed me and kath can share if she doesn't mind..

The party is Niamhs cousin so she will have a brilliant time

How kind of Chris to send you the illustrated poem

yes I heard from Bill so glad he is doing ok and very busy xx

Joan I am fed up of the women in corrie..sorry forgot her name I like to watch the old corries in the afternoon it really takes me back 🙂did you get to the shops and your cafe..love to all of you xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Is it Sharon Barbara in Coronation street? I dont like her at all! She's vile! Mind I'm not over keen on the little lad they have in the van. I'm sure I will in time they always introduce characters extreme don't they?

You and Kath have been no trouble at all! I cant believe you even had the kettle on when I got up.

We've left Paul asleep for now he did do the driving!

I think its lovely Niamh going to her cousin's party bless her🙂

Would you believe the chip van came to the park last night??? It did a roaring trade!

Joan we actually drove past Swindon again on our way here yesterday!!! He loves driving luckily because I dont mind but this is a bit big for me!! ((())) xxx

Kath I hope you had a lovely day off :) fully de-internetted!

You and Barbara have been excellent passengers...apart maybe from the singing 😫😫😫 HOW many green bottles?!!

Morning Mike I hope you and Vixen are ok and Elliott is now home and working on his real recovery ((()))

Love to Chris too. Having a restful weekend I hope maybe just pottering about or doing whatever project you are working on now.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) Niamh will have a lot to tell you about the party ((())) they say we will have some warm weather in June. No we did not go shopping last Friday it was too wet. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) it must have been a long drive to Dorset but it was worth it love to Paul's sister ((())) I've to Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())))

love to Kath ((())) Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Hello my beloved café Dwellers. I was hoping that our lovely Sharon might have arranged something for THE BOOK. But I guess it takes longer than I was expecting. We'll get there soon.

Barbara, I hope Niamh enjoyed her party and has told you all about it. I don't mind you sharing at all, as long as I don't keep you awake with my snoring and popping to the loo. I'm not trying to put you off, honest. 😃

Dad went to the Friday Club again, He walked round with his wheelchair (against Anita's wishes). One of the carers came and walked round with him. He has another Macular appointment in June.

Toni, I've helped myself to most of the breakfast, except for the black pudding, and I had a pint of milk with it. I'm not strucj on the Almond milk, so next I'm trying Oat milk, then I'm going to try sterilized milk. I used to enjoy that as a child.

How lovely of Chris to send you a framed picture and poem. We really are lovely peeples.

I don't like that little gravelly chuckle that vile Sharon does. Sam is lovely, but a bit too clever and he wouldn't get frightened easily. Like Barbara, I also watch the afternoon older Corrie.

A Kitten

He's nothing much but fur

And two round eyes of blue,

He has a giant purr

And a midget mew.

He darts and pats the air,

He starts and cocks his ear,

When there is nothing there

For him to see and hear.

He runs around in rings,

But why we cannot tell;

With sideways leaps he springs

At things invisible -

Then half-way through a leap

His startled eyeballs close,

And he drops off to sleep With one paw on his nose.

Eleanor Farjeon

Pity I didn't find this sooner, I'd have put it in our book.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all Another wet day

Joan I have just heard on the tv yes we are in for some nice weather soon later in the week I think sorry you couldn't go shopping ..they must never say we are short if water again ..love to all of you xx

Toni I am enjoying kaths company ..and yours and Paul of course very kind of you

Yes Sharon what a voice she has 😅.I have just watch it on catchup and the little boy locked in the van ..I think Sharin likes him abd might let him go..

Hope you are having a nice time meeting up with Paul's sister xx

Kath it's OK I snore has well think that is what Toni mistook for singing 🤣what about a bucket by the bed one for each of us 🤭I say good on your dad fir getting to his club bless him..my dad was the same he wouldn't give in

What a lovely poem thankyou xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 24. May 2021, 05:55
    Options

Safe enough I should think for your Dad to go round to his club IF and only if one of the staff goes with him.

I imagine Sharon (here not Coronation street!) Has to look into the book properly so we can wait.

The kitten poem is adorable but much better that THE book contains only original cafe poems in my opinion it makes it far more special.

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast....I can do you vegan black pud if it helps?

You and Barbara have been no trouble at all....that's what the loo is for I am always going! 😳😳😳

Joan it is a fair way down here probably 4 hours? Maybe a bit more to stop for a break on the journey. Weather has been hit and miss...really blustery and stormy last night but I sort of enjoyed it. All safe warm and dry in here. Heating and call the midwife on telly🤗 ((())) xxx for you and Sue.

Barbara like you and Kath I dont like coronation street's Sharon's evil voice. Surely we have enough with that Ray's evil sister?!

I think she will see to it Sam is ok.

They just want Simon and Leanne really the baddies...

Paul snores too so that's not a problem the singing was you and Kath doing 101 green bottles standing on the wall! 😫

We will be coming back later today wonder what you'll sing on the way home????

Your Dad was another determined man then? I tend to think it's a good idea to keep going as long as it's safe.

Oh dear the rain is coming down again🙄

Mike I hope you and Vixen are ok. Lucy is looking after Sleek and just had one minor cat-flap issue sorted by Tia so all is well. ((())) for Elliott xxx

I hope Chris is doing ok not overdoing it. Mind you this weather should stop you doing too much Chris!

Expecting to hear from Carol soon she must be in Margate by now 🤔

• Mike1
    Options

Mike I hope you and Vixen are ok

Yes thanks. Vixen is resting now having chased a stranger from our back garden, she came back in and stuffed her face before taking up prime position on my wheelchair as usual. Have actually had some news about Elliott after 3 weeks of hearing nothing, my baby sister said that at the weekend my niece posted on faceache that he has had an MRI which showed no sign of the brain cancer and he has to have MRIs every 3 months for the foreseeable future; I presume that his chemo is over and that he is home. All he has to do now is learn to walk, talk and get back his other motor skills.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Have you heard of gummies they were the idea of two sisters the gummies have cured people of all kinds of Arthritis Dragons den has given them the money. I don't see how they can be so good and they are giving people free bottles.

Kath ((()) I hope you and Chris ((())) had a good weekend thats good your Dad ((())) walking to his club. love to Anita ((())) Val ((()))) and Emily ((()))

Barbara ((())) we went to town yesterday and to the little cafe I sat in side they have a NHS app for people to scan Sue's dinner time call was 2 30 so it gave us the time. I hope you all had a good weekend ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) that's good you enjoyed your weekend ((())) when we were out yesterday we saw a power point for electric cars. That won't be very good for the carers will it. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())))

love to Chris (())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Joan, I googled the Dragon's Gummies, they have CBD in them so as I am on morphine, I don't think they would be safe for me. I hope they work for others though.

Barbara, how far did we get with 101 Green Bottles before I fell asleep? I remember up to about 76, then it gets a bit woozy - or was that 76 trombones? e are enjoying ourselves so much. Yes, I'm so pleased that dad is getting out.

Mike, oh what smashing news about Elliott. I bet the whole family is cheering him on.

WELL DONE ELLIOTT

Toni, I wonder if Sharon from Corrie has a conscience? She's too afraid of Horrible Harvey. It looks as though Nick is in trouble this week, because He has gone to look for Sam.

Even if you made a vegan Black Pudding, I still wouldn't eat i as it contains blood.

Leviticus 17:14“You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him.

I'm not sure if I would call dad determined, or jus stubborn.

Vegan Aloo Gobi Traybake

In this vegan recipe, the classic flavours of aloo gobi have been reinvented as a tasty tray bake. It’s fuss-free and ready in about 40 minutes, and can have some chicken added if you really don’t want to miss out on the meat. It’s the perfect quick and easy comfort food for busy work-nights, and is also dairy and gluten-free. Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander/cilantro and some wedges of zingy lime to squeeze over, then enjoy!

ALOO GOBI TRAY BAKE

Ingredients

425g/1 lb baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved

425 g/1 lb mixed cauliflower and broccoli florets

5 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped

2 x 400 g/14 oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed

3 tbsp tikka curry paste

1 red chilli, seeded and sliced (optional)

25g/1 oz fresh coriander/cilantro

low-fat cooking spray or mist

lime wedges to serve

Method

1.  Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas 6 and line a baking tray with easy-glide or non-stick baking paper.
    2.  Par-boil the potatoes for 5 minutes then drain well.
    3.  Place in a bowl with the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes and chick peas.
    4.  Thin the paste slightly with a little water if very thick then add to the vegetable and chick pea mixture with the chilli, if used and half of the coriander/cilantro and toss to mix.
    5.  Transfer to the prepared baking tray and spritz liberally with low-fat cooking spray or mist.
    6.  Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
    7.  Sprinkle with the remaining coriander/cilantro to serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Afternoon everyone

First of all I have not been on for quite a while. I have been struggling. With all these restrictions we have on us at the moment. This last lockdown and restrictions have been for me far worse than the 1st lot to cope with. It is only the last week that I feel a bit better about things, now that I can get out a little bit more and have a coffee out and a chill in coffee shops /pubs ect . It has been so much so that I have lost interest in anything. However I battle on. We have not been to Ramsgate yet we are off there tomorrow afternoon until Saturday. I Am looking forward too it although the enthusiasm not as it normally is but I know I will enjoy the time there seeing the big peoples and little peoples. Also due to all the lockdowns ect my Mobil has got worse but I am working on that.

a couple of Sundays ago our Lillie and Graycie. Both took part in a baton twirling competition. Here are a few photos of them.

Gs brought his three a hamster the following picture is Kian getting acquainted with said hamster.

Mr T and Cookie are fine. And I know both mr T and myself will benefit from our little break we both so need it.

well that’s about it for the moment I am not sure wether I will be able to post again before the weekend as we will not have Internet this time but if I can get my hotspot working on my mobile I will be able to post.

love and Sparkles to you all xx

Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Hello all it say warmer weather from midweek😁

Mike thankyou for letting us know how Eliiott is gettting on ,I'm so very pleased the mri was clear xx

Toni so you are on your way back soon..we used to love hearing the rain when we were young on caravan holiday's

You must plan more trips for the nice weather ..Kath and I are ready packed

Thankyou for the porridge nice and warming xx

Joan I am really pleased you abd Sue got to your cafe..I bet it tasted much better than you remembered 😋 xx

Carol you enjoy your break away itp will do you both good..and thankyou for sharing the photos of the little ones they are adorable 😊 xx

Kath not sure how far we got with green bottles 😅I heard you snoring and that sent me off .. Toni says we were that good we can go on the next trip

Thankyou fir the recipe it sounds so tasty xx

We had a trip to the Grange just to look for cushion cover and no one in the cafe so we had coffee and a sandwiches ..think we will brace our pub ..we will have to ring and book

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Well Kath and Barbara were very well behaved 76 green bottles Kath then Barbara was on her own.....nice to be home with Sleek 🙂

Mike I am so pleased to hear Elliott is home albeit with frequent tests to check the tumour stays gone. Now the hard work starts, but it is within his control so i am sure he will get there he is very determined👍️ Well done Vixen chasing off intruders🐱 Not on her watch!!!

Carol lovely photos I can't believe how grown up Graycie is now and joining Lillie in her own beloved sport. You must be so proud of them both. Ooh Kian! very brave and gentle 😊

I am sorry to hear these restrictions have finally got to you. I am 100% certain this time away will do you the world of good. It is exactly what you need to feel better. Mixing with the family again. You can go to your little café at home now and do a spot of knitting ((()))

Kath I would not give you any blood products!! Vegan black pudding wouldn't be vegan with blood in it so don't worry. To be fair I don't fancy it anyway so I shan't get us any! You got to 76 green bottles before you nodded off and started snoring.....then Barbara started on the trombone song so you must have heard it as you dropped off.

Lovely cake for Elliott!

I'm glad the boy is ok in Coronation street Nick is in danger now for sure silly not to call the police and get Sam and his mum put in a safe house too for now. Or will 'they' use this to trap further baddies???🤨

Thank you for the  Aloo Gobi Traybake it looks fabulous. Have you tried the vegetarian butcher's food? Wow the chicken is amazing!

We will plan more trips for the summer for definite in the motorhome Barbara. You two were so well behaved even when you found there was a pub outside on the site😁 The rain was lovely wasn't it? Proper childhood memories of holidays in the UK - not much changes😉

Well done going to the café that will have done you so much good! We are fully vaccinated if we don't go soon we might never brave it :) Yes book the pub go on do it!

We got home last night Lucy had paused Coronation street for us so all was well.

Joan I think those gummies are cannabis oil ones so i probably won't try them sadly 😥 Ought to really, but I have known people (in my previous life as a Social Worker) who got 'addicted' to cannabis and could be nasty without it.

The best bit about being away is coming home to Sleek! She was first behind the door to greet us😍 ((())) xxx for you and Sue

Love of course to Chris - I hope all is well Chris I was down in Weymouth it was lovely there we will go again. Saw Paul's sister's new bungalow very nice too!

What shall we have for breakfast today?

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) no I would not take the gummies Toni says there is cannabis in them I did not know what the letters stood for. I hope you have a good day ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara (()))) did you get the cushion cover you wanted ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Carol ((())) thank you for the photo's they are lovely Lillie and Gracie look happy with the batons ((())) love to Mr T ((()))

Toni ((())) did you have a good drive back ((())) some of Sue's carers are leaving because they have to work to rule sue takes a quarter of an hour the carers have to stay half an hour it makes them so late everywhere. Are you planning your next trip in the motorhome (((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())

Mike ((())) that's so good about Elliott ((())) Good luck to him ((())) I hope you are has well as can be ((())) and vixen ((())

love to Chris ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Another day but still no message about THE BOOK. But I'm now turning Phoenix Cottage into a book so that I can upload it to Obooko, where others can download it to read. Only it's really hard work, as I have to turn it into a .DOCX file first and all sort of other malarkey so please excuse me while I clamber up into my writer's garret lit only by a candle, with a family of mice to keep me company.

I've ordered myself a dog tag which will be here in a couple of days.

Thy will engrave the back (free of charge) with the following information. 1 x Maroon Medical Dog Tag - Filled @ GBP12.22 (inc. engraving) each

This item will be engraved as follows:

LINE 1: Kathleen Thorpe

LINE 2: Rheumatoid Arthritis

LINE 3: Leflunomide

LINE 4: Methotrexate

LINE 5: Fentanyl Patches

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all

Toni I am glad to hear you are back safe and sound ..like you say nice to be home with Miss Sleek and Lucy 😁

Yes Kath nodded off and left me singing sorry I think I noticed you and Paul had ear plugs in..a pub did you say so that we're you disappeared to..

We rang our nice pub but no room they are at 50% so at least its safe xx

Joan can you imagine us all on cannabis ..we are funny enough without 🤣..I think I would give it a go when it on perscriptipn 🤔 oh yes I got my covers thankyou ..love to all of you xx

Kath I hope you hear soon about your book I am looking forward to it ..

The dog tags are such a good idea and can saves lives and save the medics time xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone🙂

Was there a supermoon last night?🤔

Joan I think for now I wouldn't want to try cannabis oil, but as Barbara said if it was on the NHS and you knew it was safe maybe....in future. The drive back was ok except for all the showers. One was a hail shower one I am sure was sleet and one was thunder and lightning! we are having strange weather! That's not good about Sue's carers😯they'll be back though? I expect they are trying to get the bosses to be reasonable about travel time? Can they give Sue half an hour? I'm sure they can find something to do. My lovely neighbour's carers are allowed to wash up if there is any to do for instance when they have finished getting her ready ((())) xxx

Barbara I have posted a pic of the pub for you to see - that's Paul after someone's dog☺️. We only stayed for one even though it was outside. It is open 4pm until 8pm. For the best really as our pitch was right opposite! Sorry yours is fully booked for now I am sure that will settle down or you could book for next week? as you say good to know it's safe at 50% capacity.

The singing was fine....honestly......erm no those weren't ear plugs they were hearing aids. All the better to hear you with!!!!

It's lovely to be home it always is isn't it?

Morning Kath 😊. I suspect there is a lot more to 'publishing' The Book than we realise being a charity l expect there are procedures for something endorsed by VA. Sharon (used to be called our webmanager l think) is definitely the right person to carry it forwards will no doubt be in touch when she knows more.

So you have your mojo back for sure! if you are wanting to turn 'Phoenix cottage' into a book and post to obooko! Great idea. What about the other one.....the scary one you didn't finish? The ghostly one?

You will be eating in your garett I hope? Sleek says are there really mice because she can help with that.....

The dog tags are such a good idea as are the bracelets. Safety first. I am still working on Lucy having something like that just in case.....

👋to Mike. Hope you have the biccies ready for you and the home help and plenty of tea for your vocal chords.

Love to Chris I hope all is well with you? I am letting Miss Sleek out to annoy next door's dogs (3 white small fluffy ones)😁They bark (yap actually) all the time when they are out, but they go mad when they see her on the wall!!!! The weather is improving so hopefully you can get out soon on another excursion.

Carol will be in Ramsgate or on her way at least, but i think actually there. I hope the trip down went ok and i KNOW this is exactly what you need to get you back more to yourself. Don't worry I have also been feeling a bit down. This has all gone on such a long time hasn't it?😔

Breakfast 🥣 now.....

plenty of choice, but no fighting over the coco pops!

• Mike1
    Options

👋to Mike. Hope you have the biccies ready for you and the home help and plenty of tea for your vocal chords.

I missed the arrival of my Home Help yesterday as she decided to start earlier and I had a chiropodist appointment to get my toe nails cut, when I got home she had nearly finished her chores and then stayed for nearly 2 hours having a brew, biccies and natter. My baby sister drove me in to town and back, the first time I have been out since the last appointment 6 weeks ago! It was my chiropodist's birthday so I took her some choccies which she was greatly appreciative of especially as her husband, with whom she works in the same practice, had apparently forgotten! No card, pressie or anything. On the subject of CBD oil, I have given it a try both orally and vaping but got no positive benefit from it. I have also tried cannabis in the past (my last girlfriend got me some) and after 15 minutes I had no pain and slept the night, I told my GP at the time and he was not phased by it. If it was not currently illegal and I could get a prescription I would have no hesitation on going back on it, better effect than morphine for certain!