Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,937
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (())) I had those Fentanyl patches they gave me blisters even the low dose one's. How is Holly ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I had my check up at the dentist yesterday that was alright. It's hard term next week what does Niamh think of that ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) you had a good assortment of weather on the way back you must have wondered what was coming next. Sue only takes a quarter of an hour there is nothing to wash up at 7 00 we would not have had our breakfast sue s in dependant and wants them to go to their next person our neighbour comes to see us around 7 30 to check we are alright. That's a good photo I thought that looked like Paul ((())) Nice cafe love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) Kari ((()) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) it's nice to have a chat love to Elliott ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Toni, Sharon now has a copy of THE BOOK, and Obooko have accepted Phoenix Cottage I'M BEING PUBLISHED who'd have thought. I am looking through my other stuff and will attempt another one. How about another poetry book called The Cancer Files? Sharon has all sorts of ideas for our book, I'm so excited. When Obooko publish my other one, I'll post a link so you can download it.

My dog tag arrived today too, it's fantastic. They are such a brilliant company.

I had to reload the page before I started this post, as Joan was invisible. Now I've lost the other posts. 🙄🤔

I noticed on FaceBook that Carol and Mr T have set off on on their holidays, and I didn't mention the photos she posted yesterday.

Joan, I remember you telling me the patches damaged your skin, that must have been awful. Holly and the girls are well, Esme has been riding around on her bicycle. I don't see Vay often as she stays indoors unless someone can be in the garden with her. I don't know how her Autism affects her.

Barbara, I certainly enjoyed our sing song the other day - well, you sang, I croaked. I'm not sure that Toni and Paul appreciated that, no matter what she says. 🤐I'll keep it zipped in future.

ZUCCHINI FRITTERS (GLUTEN-FREE, LOW-CARB, KETO)

Zucchini fritters are the perfect appetizer or small bite. And these goat cheese zucchini fritters are topped with a creamy garlic, chive, yogurt sauce.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, about 2-3 medium to large zucchini
    • 1 shallot, finely diced
    • 2 eggs, beaten
    • 1/2 cup almond flour
    • 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
    • salt and pepper, to taste
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying

GARLIC, CHIVE YOGURT SAUCE:

• 1 cup yogurt
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp pepper

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Grate the zucchini and put into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, stir together and let stand for 20 minutes. The salt will work to draw the moisture out of the zucchini.
    • Squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini, with either a nut milk bag or cheesecloth, then return to a clean bowl.
    • Add the shallot, eggs, goat cheese, almond flour, salt and pepper. Then stir to combine.
    • Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Using either your hands or a spoon, dollop out mounds (approximately 1/4 cup worth) of the mixture into the hot pan. Using a spatula, push down each fritter to flatten.
    • Cook the fritters 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they're lightly golden.
    • Remove the fritters from the pan and place them on a paper towel to dab away any extra oil.
    • Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, stirring until creamy.
    • Serve the fritters with a dollop of the sauce, then enjoy!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Afternoon all dry today 😁and we gave just had lunch in our pub it felt really safe and it was lovely to see the staff again

Mike I know people that are in severe pain and take cannabis..like you I wish it was legal.. nice for your home help to have a good natter with you xx

Joan I am glad you reminded me it was half term coming up..thankyou ...dentist all done for you I must ring mine xx

Toni Paul does have his eye on the labradore.. bless maybe fir his Birthday 😁

Nice to sit outside with a drink..even if it was cold..I think Kath outdid me with the singing..xx

Kath you deserve your books to be published like Toni says there is the scary story has well ..think we both need singing lesson 😩

Don't the fitters look good I like the crispy bits xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

You can download Phoenix Cottage from here.

https://www.obooko.com/free-books-for-teens/phoenix-cottage

I can only download it in .PDF format, the other formats don't work. Let me know what you think.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Evening to all my lovely friend

Does anyone have any spare energy. Couldn't find any up in the shed. I know why I am tired today. I went out to the Bear (a rather well known hotel in Devizes) for a coffee and chat with Arts Together. I wasn't sure whether or not to go as I would only know 1 person. I went and it was good. Hour and three quarters of good chat about everything. My problem was sitting. It was a straight backed pew like wooden seat, I'm going to take a cushion next month.

Roll on my doctor's appointment next week, hopefully he will be able to come up a suggestion or two. They've taken plenty of bloods recently.

I have enjoyed ready all your posts, especially Kath's poems. Well done Kath on getting your book published.

Until I get time and energy to post again, I always come on and have a read, I hope you all enjoy whatever you are going to do.

Gentle hugs to you all - Toni, Kath, Barbara, Joan, Carol and Mike.

Take care and stay safe everyone. Chris aka CatLady

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    edited 27. May 2021, 06:09
    Options

Kath Mike's post is still there just at the end of the last page 🙄

Mike - good to have been to the chiropodist. I bet she enjoyed her present - naughty husband forgetting his own wife's birthday! What a cliché 😮 Good job you went. Also very good that you got out with your baby sister. Lovely to get back though and have a good natter then with the home help with your home all spick and span.

Interesting your experience with cannabis as pain relief. I think all of us here have said we are happy to try it once it's available on prescription and you safe;y know the dose.

Joan yes I gathered Sue might be a very independent person like her twin is! I hope it doesn't affect her getting her carers only needing that 15 minutes though. They are such a good bunch. Any plans for a trip out tomorrow? the weather is better...((())) xxx

Hi Kath wow wow wow! Sharon has ideas. I rather thought she might have and I bet she loves The Book too? and WOW WOW WOW! 'Phoenix Cottage' is a proper book with a cover now! I will definitely download it. Have you made any alterations to the original?

Sing away Kath we don't mind. Next trip end of June the Figaro (car's) 30th birthday celebrations. To Stratford (Shakespeare's not the London one). Someone can come in the Fig with me. I have never driven that far in Penelope before😯

Good to hear Esme is out and about on her bike hopefully Vay will do just fine in life especially when she gets to school. Holly is probably extra protective of her. I would be.

Thanks for the fritters I am sure i can 'veganise' them😋

Yes Carol should be in Margate by now and hopefully feeling more herself. there will be many more photos now!

Chris! Lovely to see you I am sure your trip out and good chat has done you the world of good mentally if not so physically ((()))That is a long time to sit in an uncomfortable chair. Best to take a good comfy cushion next time.

The weather is improving so maybe you will be able to get out again when you have recovered from this trip. Gosh i hope the Dr has some ideas for you, it's about time they did. Sorry I do not know where the energy is stored. Missing hours are stored in the shed for definite that's where Carol and Aidan used to fetch some from!

I am glad you read even if getting time to post can be harder. Take care Chris 💜

Barara your singing was fine (🤞) honestly....

I'm so glad you ate out at the pub! Brilliant did it feel good to be out in the community again?😊 Paul wouldn't have a dog because of Sleek he wouldn't do that he used to have a lab but usually had Jack Russells.

Dentist? Yes I must book. Dermatology for Lucy now though first this afternoon. Kari and me at P's this morning for an hour or so.

Half term coming up already? Time absolutely flies. Hope that means a good visit from Niamh 😚

I know you finally have flowers on your wisteria! Wilhelmina has plenty too this year I hope the garden work won't disturb her too much.

Right best get myself dressed!😳

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's good having your book published you have worked so hard for it ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita (((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Chris ((())) that was nice for you going out and enjoying it ((())) I hope the Doctor can help.

Barbara ((())) I bet that felt nice going to your favourite pub it takes a bit of nerve to do it but you did (((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) yes we are going to town tomorrow. Did you know Marks and Spencer's are closing some of their stores some are going to be just food one's. Good luck to Lucy ((()))this afternoon ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley (((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((()) and P ((())) have a good time this morning ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) have a good day ((()))) love to Elliott (((()))

love to Carol ((())) and Mig (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

I've just had an email full of gorgeous recipes so I am saving them. Here is the first one.

April Breakfast Recipe – Gingerbread Oatmeal

The taste of a favorite cookie in your morning oats. Not only does this breakfast taste delicious but it starts your day off limiting excess inflammation. Rolled oats are gluten-free whole grains and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Whole oats are high in antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds called polyphenols. Most notable is a unique group of antioxidants called avenanthramides, which are almost solely found in oats. Avenanthramides may help lower blood pressure levels by increasing the production of nitric oxide. This gas molecule helps dilate blood vessels and leads to better blood flow. Coriander is full of antioxidants that demonstrate immune-boosting, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects. Nutmeg is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds called monoterpenes, including sabinene, terpineol, and pinene. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory compounds that function in the same way as COX-2 inhibitors and is particularly beneficial to those with arthritis. Though there are not as many studies on the anti-inflammatory effects of cardamom in humans, research shows that supplements may increase antioxidant status by up to 90%. Combining all these spices is a great way to lower inflammation and adds depth of flavor to a simple breakfast staple.

Ingredients:

• 4 cups water
    • 2 cup old fashion oats – Use rolled oats, not quick/instant cooking oats.
    • 1 ½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
    • ¼ tsp. ground coriander
    • ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
    • ¼ tsp. ground ginger
    • ¼ tsp. ground allspice
    • ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
    • ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
    • Sweetener – Avoid using processed sugar. Try sweetening with stevia, honey or maple syrup

Directions:

1. Bring water to a boil in a pot
    2. Add the oats
    3. Add the spices
    4. Reduce heat to keep oatmeal at a low simmer
    5. Stir occasionally until the oats are done (around 20-30min)
    6. Add your choice of sweetener and serve
    7. Cooked oats can be stored in an air-tight container for up to three days

Toni,  I'm so pleased you like my book. I haven't changed a thing. I love the way they put a background of Roundhead soldiers behind the cottage picture I sent them. Do you think I should have given myself a pen name? Something like Antoinette Castle? Oh, that's your name, maybe not. 😍

Yes, Sharon says she and the team have lots of exciting ideas. Perhaps one of them will record a reading and put it on the radio? So Penelope is 30! I'd love to join you on the trip.

Joan, thank you. You always say nice things, and cheer us up. 💖

Chris, I hope your appointment goes well.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all what a lovely day ..spent pottering and listening to all the birds 🐦😁

Kath the book looks so professional..it really does I will read it in bits 😍this could he the begging if more books frim you

Gingerbread oatmeal sounds good yo me abd so much goodness in it..thankyou xx

Joan I made Mr B gave a peek in the pub before to see how many were in its a very small pub but people were well away from 9ne another..its sad about m&S..our in the next town has closed but we have a small fiid one nearby..not the same though..you enjoy your next trip out xx

Chris energy is hard come by ..I wonder if its chane in the weather ..your little group meeting sounded so nice and a change if scenery xx

Toni thankyou for the omelette..love them fluffy . Yes we enjoyed the pub and the staff are so funny..and foid delicious..

So your next trip is with Penelope ..ooh hiw nice to show her off 😁xxtake lots of pics xx

Love ti all

Xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

I'm not sure you need a pen name, Kath, yours is lovely unlike mine which is a bit much (French Mum!)😁 The picture is amazing - they did that for you like they knew the story! You know my lovely neighbour's door is on the wrong way around.... you have to put the key in upside and turn it the wrong way!

Had a busy day yesterday, (Took Kari to P's and we all made cards for an hour or so, then Ocado then Lucy to dermatology), so no chance yet to download your book which is will definitely do. I went on the site straight away when you said you might publish it through them.....

If they wanted a poem read out would you do it? I'd LOVE to hear your voice East Midlands is lovely!

That porridge! I am so tempted to try it - I have all the ingredients and some vegan honey.

Joan l am much less interested in the M&S food-halls aren't you? Where will we get our undies if they do that😀 Lucy is starting on roaccutane (sp) the dexamethasone she took (which damaged her hip and shoulder I'm sure you remember) also gave her acne🙄 The medication they gave her for her scalp made it worse🙄 She isn't very lucky is she? Ah well at least they are trying to help.

Make sure you and Sue enjoy your trip out today! ((())) xxx

Morning Barbara as long as the pub was doing social distancing l am sure you'll be ok anyway you do the tests so you can check in a day or so though I am certain all will be well. Sounds as tough it aws just nice to be with lovely staff and eat good food that none of you had to cook🙂

Do you not have a decent M&S anymore? Oh dear me. The food-halls are all very well, but nothing to write home about are they?

It was indeed lovely yesterday spent the morning with P and Kari card-making for the cart. It was lovely we all nattered and laughed and got loads done too.

Penelope is having service and very early MOT today ready for June's big event. Then my bro is going to try to make the seat firmer for me and I should be ready to go.🚗

Morning Mike I hope all is well with you and Vixen, Elliott and family too. Oh and you lovely baby sister who sounds such a good sister.

I'm sure Carol is having a great time in Margate I wonder if the weather was as nice yesterday....

Love to Chris I hope you managed a little ride out on your scooter yesterday and hadn't worn yourself out with your Art group coffee. It was such a nice day. Today is not going to be quite as nice - possible rain ☔

What shall we have for breakie? Shall we go American? I never do american, but why not?

(to mitigate the ill-effects of breakfast a bit!!)

• Kitty
    Options

Toni, this is what I found in my inbox today, I knew you would love it.

"Oh this is wonderful. I am just forwarding it to fundraising to check a few details on how we link it to a page and hopefully we can finalise it next week.

Thank you so much for putting this together, I miss Bubbles too 😪"

Isn't it exciting, Aidan would have been thrilled. NO! My reading is atrocious and I splutter over my words. I think either you, Barbara or Joan should read it for a recording. And I think your French name is really classy. I'm pleased you enjoyed the recipe, here's another one. Sadly not vegan, but I'm sure you could do something about that.

Barbara, thank you, you are too kind. it will take a while, but I'll see what I can do. Did you read the lovely Sharon's message? We should be so proud.

Sending hugs to Joan, Chris and Mike. It's a beautiful day today. so here is a pic of a beach in Weymouth..

I think that should be enough deckchairs, don't you?

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) what about Kathleen T well known writer of poems and stories in the Arthritis Cafe. Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val (((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) our neighbour was telling me he's been working on Windsor Castle he checks the work has been done properly.

That's good you can go to your pub ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your Son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())

Toni ((())) I'm sorry Lucy has to go back on that a gain was it a steroid I remember that did the damage to her hip and shoulder I hope it does not cause more damage to her body ((())) Good luck to Penelope today. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) the front door that's different.

Love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all Sorry about all the typos yesterday I can't be bother going over my post to put right apart from the naughty word instead off post 😜

Toni I do like the waffles now and then with a mixture of fruit .. it was very nice thankyou..I bet P enjoys you and Kari spending time with her..taking her mind off things

I really feel fir Lucy bless.. its so much to cope with especially being so young but she is being look after like you say and you get there between you xx

Joan how good to do work on Windsor Castle can you imagine him with that on his website..now you have come up with a brilliant title for Kath ..love to all of you xx

Kath I will look for Sharon message ..its you that should be proud ..you are moving forward and its all very exciting

Thankyou for these recipes I am saving them and going to get some spinach and chicken in tomorrow..I have wraps 😋xx

Right my eyes are squiffy

Love ti all

Xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

Not sure what the day will bring weatherwise, but looks ok so far.

BarbaraI have some of that 'Vegetarian butcher' Chicken I was so fooled I got the packet out of the bin to check it really was vegan so i can easily veganise Kath's recipe.

Don't worry too much about Lucy she is doing just fine and will get there. Aidan can you sort out a nice lad for her please?

I bet P does enjoy seeing Kari especially and talking things 'art'😊 Is Niam over this weekend it's half term isn't it?

Joan yes it was a strong steriod 7 times as strong as prednisone is that damaged her hip and shoulder joints and it also affected her skin. Still she will get there now with treatment.

Poor Penelope needs surgery! She has to have a new sill driver's side😮

Did you both have a good trip out yesterday? Where did you go?

Kath I LOVE Joan's new title for you❤️

Great news that Sharon is able to progress things for you for The Book I am VERY proud and cannot wait. I'm so glad my 'Kath' poem is in there as it should be.🙂🙂🙂 Aidan would indeed be thrilled to bits and probably is looking down.

The wraps sound Yum! I have some vegetarian butcher chicken which will go in them really well. Coddled eggs will be replaced by vegan mayo with some mustard (French of course!) Leave it will be with some effort most things can be veganised.

I'm back in WEYMOTH! Thanks for the deck chairs did you hire them? Let me know what i owe please.

One has blown over but once it's up there are enough for all of us easily

Has anyone got bank holiday plans? Paul is going to his first car racing event (observing!) in Bradford on Monday other than that we are preparing for the builder's arrival a week mOnday to start the garden. I know Chris has plans so we might not hear from her and think maybe Carol might still be in Margate.

Mike and Vixen will be keeping a low profile as there may well be a lot of tourists coming down to Cornwall with it being school hols and bank holiday weekend too. Love and best wishes to Elliott and family.

I intend to keep off the roads.🙄

It's Saturday again so Aidan's breakfast.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike and Vixen will be keeping a low profile as there may well be a lot of tourists coming down to Cornwall with it being school hols and bank holiday weekend too. Love and best wishes to Elliott and family.

Morning all. There are reports of the roads being blocked in places already and my baby sister says that it is manic on the roads so, surprise surprise, I ain't going anywhere as usual. Had a healthy breakfast of sausages, hash browns, an egg and (as part of my five a day) tommy sauce; I trust the cholesterol pills will be working well! Besides I am 63 today and my beloved Vixen deposited two dead mice in the hall for me! The covid rules in Portugal are that face masks are to be worn in the street, then you see all the Brits who have gone over for the football (I can't stand the game, its Rugby for me) chanting in the streets, drinking and not one of them wearing a mask; I suppose we now wait for yet another surge in cases shortly. Have a nice day all.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) have a good bank Holiday ((())) and a rest have you heard about your hip/ knee pain yet ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())

Toni ((())) I'm sorry Penelope has to have a op I'm sure it will be pain less for her but not for you more money ((())) we went to our cafe then had a look around it seemed deserted so many shops closed. Love to Paul ((())) I.hope Lucy ((())) soon finds a nice friend ((())) love to Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P (((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) Happy birthday ((())) have a good weekend you can have anything you want to eat on your big day love to Elliott (((())) and vixen ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((()))and Kath ((())) and family ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all Niamh has just gone ti he'd so here I am..and what a lovely day we have had

Happy Birthday Mike..at least Vixen thought about you bringing 2 mice 😯..I'm not surprised the rd are bad with the sun and bank holiday..better off were you are xx

Joan I see a consultant at the end of June si I am hoping not a new knee ..when is you next trip out ..xx

Toni thankyou fir breakfast ..I am sure Aidan will find Lucy a nice boy...there's no rush 🙂

So penelope needs a new sill ..you must have her just right for the anniversary..Not long now till the gardeners di you know how long it will take xx

Right I'm off to bed

Love to all

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

I made you a cake to make up for my tardiness Mike

We went out yesterday and drove over the M6 it was solid! Half term travel I supposed, but oddly enough NORTH not south which I would have expected from here. Oh dear English football fans not behaving as usual🙄I feel sorry for the Portuguese if they get a surge too due to the need to accept tourists back in.

As Joan says you can have anything you want to eat on your big day, but probably not mice🤢

Morning Joan I am so glad you braved your café I bet it was wonderful to see the staff! The streets were quiet? Well that's odd isn't it? Maybe people were all going away it being half term🤨 Yes I'm sure you're right Lucy will meet someone in time all being well.

Kath I very much hope you had a restful no-web day? You missed Mike's birthday. Mind you he did rather keep it a secret from us🙄

Barbara bacon butties this morning l do hope Grandad has the 'right' bacon this week😁Niamh will be up bright and early and desperate for her buttie! How long have you got her for?

Yes the sun, the bank holiday and half term all means plenty will be out and about especially to the sea-side poor Mike. In spite of our vaccinations it is still quite scary people are still dying of COVID and we do not want to be one of them do we.

The garden preparation is underway I have been tidying my shed....painfully and steadily. Paul has been moving Bessie-bott's wire so she will be safely away from the workmen. They arrive on 7th I think and it could take up to 3 months!!!😣

Yes Penelope has to look good for the 30th birthday celebrations. I can't wait!

Love to Chris enjoy your family this weekend and to Carol who I hope has had a fabulous time with the family in Margate.

It's Sunday so in honour of Mike's birthday we shall have a full Cornish breakfast:

obviously extra eggs and veg sausages and bacon also available to order......

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Thanks for the cakes, greatly appreciated.😋

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) don't you have new knee's. I weighed my self yesterday and thought artificial bits must weight a bit I weigh 8 and a half stone. I hope you have a good day ((())) love to Mr B ((()) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) we can't go to the cafe today sue has to be back for her carers by One o clock then she's in her wheelchair

Toni ((())) is it a long way you have to take Penelope to her show. Love to Paul (()) and Charley ((()) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((()) and Tia (())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())))

Mike ((())) have a good day love to Elliott ((()))

love to Kath ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

I've been fast asleep for most of this morning, did you hear me snoring? One day recovering from Tesco is obviously not enough. Let's look at one of those recipes. Vegan chicken, who knew?

Barbara, you won't be able to find Sharon's message because it was addressed to me alone, which is why I copied it into the post. I'm pleased that you enjoyed Niamh's company. Now we are getting better weather you might be able to take her on trips.

Joan, I've always wondered if replacement joint made you heavier.

We'll have a good trip with Penelope Toni. I'm packing some cockles and kipper sandwiches so we'd better have the windows open to keep the smell down a bit. 🤢

• CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hi to all my friends in the cafe.

A happy belated birthday to Mike, Vixen remembered it even if it was two dead mice.

I hope you are all enjoying the sun Quite unusual for a bank holiday weekend. I had to go down to town again yesterday because when I was there for a few bits I needed, I forgot the most important thing - my prescription. I stopped at a rather nice cheap cafe at tbe top of the indoor market and had a humongous sausage bap and a coffee. It was very pleasant to sit outside in the sun. Made myself more washing as I got the tomato sauce down my fleece and my leggings. It was then home to my sewing machine and some craft I'm doing. I have some small slices of a tree branch which I am making into little name plaques. My daughter has a little memory garden, in the middle of which she has a bird bath with holes round the edge. These name plaques will hang from the holes.

My family weekend has been cancelled. I have ended up in bed with sickness. Never mind there's always another day. Today I was taking my dsughter and new husband out for lunch. Tomorrow is my other daughter's birthday. My granddaughter and her partner were bring her up here so we all could go out for a meal. That's what I call sods law. Never go out on a Sunday then when I was this happens. That's typical me. 😄😄

Take care and stay safe. Love and gentle hugs to you all Toni. Kath. Barbara. Joan, Carol and Mike.

Chris aka CatLady.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

Mike If we know it's your birthday you have to have cake😉

Joan what do you think replacements weigh then? I bet they do if they are metal and ceramic - our ones are sort of hollow although marrow must weigh a bit mustn't it?

The Figaro 30th birthday event is near Stratford (Upon Avon) we are on a caravan site in the motorhome there.

It's a 3 day event so I will need a comfy bed. One day is a drive through there are 4 routes I have chosen the one which goes through Paul's Mum's old town. Shipston upon Stour. It's all about an hour and 3/4 from here. Another day is a trip to Caffeine and the Machine for an outdoor BBQ.

The third is the special day when all 250+ cars will line up in colour order and we have to dress up in 50's 60's clothes. I will try to get loads of pics!

Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Kath the snoring - was that you? I thought it was one of the tractors coming down the lane! Next door the new ones) had a party yesterday - there must have been 14 cars parked outside! Is that even legal?

The Figaro 'do' is the end of June I will give you all plenty of notice - shall we all dress up in 50's gear? I have got a load of the stuff, but need some white pumps....thinking maybe skechers? Sleek has several outfits ready as you acn imagine.

Oh yes please! Those peppers look yum I love a stuffed pepper very much. So do Paul and Lucy so I took 3 I hope you don't mind? Really good to hear just why that meal is so very good for everyone, but us with Arthritis most of all.

Chris I am so pleased to hear you went out again even if it was because you forgot your prescription!🙄 You got a lovely sausage bap for your trouble and some extra laundry - typical!

What a lovely idea to make those name plaques for the bird bath it will be so special then won't it?

I am so very very sorry to hear you are feeling poorly just when you had such a lovely weekend planned😕 sending you a café 'Get Well'. Sleek is on her way and says she will keep an eye on you and let us know what is happening.

I hope Barbara is ok just super busy with Niamh I expect. When she stays more than one night is it bacon butties every morning? I bet it is!

Wondering when Carol will be home from Margate I bet it was brilliant 😊

• frogmorton
    Options

Look how tiny the motorhome looks in the barn at the farm. The garden work starts a week today and its safer to not be here. We have a smaller barn for the cars. Penelope wont go down until she's had her skills fixed. Its 5 minutes walk from here so perfect.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) how are you feeling today not quite so worn out I hope ((()) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((((()))) and your Dad ((()))

Chris ((())) I hope you feel better today ((()))

Toni ((())) we are going for a ride to our little cafe if they are open. Thank you for your saying about your trip that's sounds good ((())) love to Paul (((())) and Charley ((()))and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Barbara ((())) and her family ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((()))and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx