Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 9. Jun 2021, 11:00
    Options

Morning you lot, sunshine is out.

No scaffolding yet, I hope it either comes today/tomorrow or wait until Monday.

Holly didn't bring our stuff over yesterday, but she popped over this morning. She'd had to take Esmae to Ilkeston Community Hospital because she had an argument with a schoolfriend and they had a fight! So her face was cut and swollen. She will pick my Radio Times today. She already got the Paracetamols.

Toni, I can't wait to see your 50s outfit. Here's a few suggestions.

Be back soon, I have to restart my laptop because of Windows updates.

Right, I'm back.

Barbara, how lovely to be able to hug your hope your roof is finished soon, Mine isn't even started yet.

Baked vegan cheesecake with raspberries & clementine

Ingredients

For the base

Method

• STEP 1
    • Put the cashews in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Leave to soften for 1 hr.
    • STEP 2
    • Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line the base of a 20cm (4cm deep) round cake tin with baking parchment. To make the base, put the oats, sugar and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blitz to a fine powder. Pulse in the coconut oil until combined, then gradually pulse in 3-4 tbsp water until it comes together into a dough – it should be crumbly, not sticky.
    • STEP 3
    • Press the dough into the base and up the side of the tin using the back of a spoon. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Leave to cool.
    • STEP 4
    • Reduce the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Drain the cashews, then transfer to a blender along with the coconut cream, soft cheese, cornflour, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Blitz on high speed until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
    • STEP 5
    • Pour the cashew and soft cheese mixture over the base and bake for 1 hr-1 hr 15 mins until the edge is just coloured and the centre has mostly set with just a slight wobble. Leave to cool completely (it will sink slightly as it cools), then chill for at least 3 hrs, or overnight.
    • STEP 6
    • Put the raspberries and sugar in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 1 min 30 seconds on high. Stir and leave to cool completely, then pour this over the cheesecake. Scatter over the pistachios and candied clementine peel. Will keep chilled for up to three days.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Mike my mug is never empty too! That's why I'm always in the café! I try to drink 3 litres a day and usually exceed that because it helps with my lungs. Good news the risers are there and all is as it should be now. You can answer the door in time!

Thinking of you this afternoon. Let's hope the surgeries 'best' can do the job first go 🤞

Joan apparently there will be about 300 Figaros there! I can't wait! I saw one here yesterday when I was picking Lucy up from work. Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Kath I have a choice for the Fig do! I have 2 50s dresses one skirt and top (all flared and I do have an underskirt thing if I use it) I have also got one pair of pedal pushers and a short blouse. Washed them all and ironed them now as they are mostly really vintage so were a bit smelly. I have some fab shoes which I think will only be good for photos....so ordered some white plimsolls as well.

Would you like me to take some pics of the outfits? Not with me in them of course!

Oh and I have bunting for Penelope too ☺️

Holly is a good girl really glad she brought your paracetamols and hopefully she'll find your magazine today. Oh dear me Esme! Still she'll heal.

Thank you so much for the cheesecake very posh indeed!

Love to Carol and Chris ((()))

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toni (((())) that's not too long to wait now you have been looking forward to it for a long time ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P (())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) I was told it has to be water there is water in tea and coffee. That's good you have your risers (()) love to Elliott ((()))

Love to Kath ((())) and family ((()))

Barbara ((())) and family ((()))

Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Morning all had a busy day yesterday with GD then put the pool up filled it and the sun went in and not come out since

Toni poor Lucy toes they can be painful I hope it settles down for her x

Yes Bill would love to see the book ..he got in touch and sure he has with you ..he's busy decorating

Thankyou fir the jam on toast I am hooked on lemon curd xx

Joan yes our roof is fished so hopefully all dry when it rains 🌧love to all if you xx

Mike glad to hear you have the risers fitted I'm the same I drink loads but they always struggle to get blood's but I like Tonis idea of the heat xx

Jarh so you are still waiting for your roof to ge done I hope it doesn't rain meanwhile..we need the rain to check ours..thankyou for the vegan cheesecake now I must try that will see if our gd will make it xx

Love to all

Xxxxxc

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

Yesterday I took a parcel in for my neighbour 2 doors away. She fetched it after work at 6pm, at the same time that Holly arrived with our RT. Still no scaffolding as yet. Is anyone waiting to watch the partial solar eclipse? I can remember the one in 2014, it was rubbish so I'm not bothering this time. It's gone a bit gloomy though, so I expect it's begun.

Toni, I just know you will look amazing for the Fig do, but I would love to see the outfits anyway. I'm happy you enjoyed the cheesecake.

Joan, I've never ha tea without water, but I do enjoy coffee made with hot milk. A friend of mine used to put the tea in a tea pot, fill it with cold water then stand it on the stove until it had boiled. A bit like a Samovar really.

Barbara, I hope your eyes aren't bothering you too much.

Mediterranean Buddha Bowl

Toni will love this

1 teaspoon olive oil

• 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed, and dried, skins discarded
    • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the quinoa:

• ½ cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
    • 1 cup water

For the salad:

• 2 cups mixed field greens or lettuce
    • 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
    • 2 cucumbers peeled, halved lengthwise and chopped
    • 1 yellow bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
    • 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
    • 1/2 cup Homemade hummus or store-bought

Instructions 

To roast the chickpeas:

• Move an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
    • In a small bowl, combine chickpeas with olive oil, basil, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
    • Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the chickpeas and rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.

To make the quinoa:

• Meanwhile, combine quinoa and water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave for 4 minutes on high. Remove from microwave, stir, and heat again for 2 minutes longer. Stir and let stand 1 minute in the microwave.

To assemble the salad:

• Layer greens in the bottom of a bowl or on a platter. Arrange the grape tomato halves, cucumbers, bell pepper, olives, chickpeas, and quinoa in sections around the bowl. Spoon the hummus in the middle of the bowl and serve.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Well, back to the surgery in a fortnight for bloods and pressure! Went yesterday and the Nurse Practitioner decided to do the blood pressure test first with one of those new fangled machines; the first one broke so she got another, that one broke too so she resorted to the good old fashioned manual machine which resulted in a high reading despite being on BP meds so she said the test has to be re-done in a fortnight. Then came the blood test; I gave her a summary of the problem in getting blood out of me but she was convinced that she would be OK. The end result was two abortive attempts out of my arm despite moving the needle around each time to find some - ouch - then she decided to try the back of my hand which hurt even more when she wiggled the needle around and resulted in no blood but a sore lump which has now turned into a bruise. End result = she has booked me in for a double appointment again in a fortnight. I told her to sharpen her scalpel and aim for the jugular next time, at least that would have the double effect of getting some blood and ending the pain of arthritis! She didn't laugh!!

• frogmorton
    Options

Ooops! Not much sense of humour the senior nurse then Mike! I thought that was rather clever. Probably embarrassed that she failed too! Not good your BP was high....now to get that lower you have to drink LESS!!!!!! Seriously Lucy had very very low BP and they used to give her extra fluid in a drip to get it up! Don't you do it though else they will never get the blood out🙄

Joan yes I have been waiting since the end of last year for this Figaro 'do' Luckily it's all outside so should be no problem whatever COVID is doing. Spent some time with P yesterday (took Kari) she is very much weaker now I am a little worried. Hope you two are ok though? ((())) xxx

Barbara we need rain and plenty of it to test your roof out! That's 3 of us this year. You, me and Kath at least that should be the last.

Lucy puts my gardening shoes straight on in the car when we pick her up she says they are bliss!

So the pool is out!!! Fabulous but no sun it's still warm enough though surely?

Yes thanks I heard from Bill things are looking good at his place I think. Unlike here.....🙄

I will put lemon curd out next time I promise.

Morning Kath. Just like the number 11 bus (in Brum) your neighbours see none all day then two come along at once!

I LOVE the Mediterranean buddha bowl it looks wonderful and really very healthy indeed. Exactly what we should be eating all of us for our health😋

Didn't even know about the solar eclipse yesterday! What time was it? l'll think back to where I was. They are rarely that spectacular are they? It was probably too cloudy.

Right I shall take pics of the clothes for you later and you can give your opinion what i should wear!

Why ever not do tea that way? It will work the same just be a strong brew l should think.

Well I rather fancy a (in my case vegan but you can all have the 'real thing') sausage butty:

Got to be unhealthy white bread! All the sauces are on the table so help yourselves 🙂

• Kitty
    Options

Oh dear Mike, talk about pride comes before a fall. But it's you who are suffering in the meantime. Wait until they have to try getting blood out of your knuckle (I have a vein through mine and it does hurt!)/

Toni, it was around 10AM.The picture I saw looked like a Baby Bel cheese with a tiny bite taken out of it. Thank you for the butty, I've got every sauce going on it. Reminds me when I used to go ballroom dancing at the YMCA in Nottingham (Shakespeare Street if you know it) During the break we'd all traipse upstairs to the café. I'd buy a packet of Nibbits and put Ketchup, Worcester Sauce, vinegar, sugar and anything else I could find among the condiments.

I'm looking forward to your fashion show. Have you got a bolero?

curried cauliflower wrap

• 2 cups cauliflower florets
    • 2 teaspoons olive oil
    • 2 teaspoons good quality curry powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt (see note)
    • 2 wraps or pita bread
    • 1/4 cup hummus
    • 3 cups arugula, spinach, or lettuce
    • 1/4 cup diced scallions (plus extra for topping)
    • 2 tablespoons minced cilantro (plus extra for topping)
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1. Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Cut cauliflower florets into small, bite-sized pieces. in a roasting pan or sheet tray covered with parchment paper, toss cauliflower with olive oil, curry powder, and salt. Bake until browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
    2. Meanwhile, spread hummus inside the wrap or pita bread. Toss greens with scallions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over the arugula and toss until well coated. Divide the greens into the wrap/pita then once the cauliflower is done, divide on top of the greens.

Tips and Tricks: if using a curry powder that has salt, omit this salt.

Ditch the bread and add extra greens to make a salad. The curried cauliflower is great when paired with a lemon vinaigrette.

Stock up: Get the pantry ingredients you will need: pitahummuscauliflower

Plan ahead: Find this recipe in the Naturally Ella Real Plans meal planning upgrade

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (((())) there is scaffolding in a road of near us. That's good you got your Radio times. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily (((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good your roof is done. Loved to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your granddaughter ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Mike ((())) I'm so sorry your hands are sore there must be a way they can do it ((())) love to Elliott ((()))

Toni ((())) I'm sorry P ((())) has got so weak I hope she is not in too much pain ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy (())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all eldest gd and fiance gone to see her mum and now Niamh is here..Friday again were dies the time go

Mike they have put you through it trying to get blood..hopefully the next appointment will ge easier..but not the jugular 😯 bet you are glad you don't live in Carbis Bay..they have even blocked sea views with the fence xx

Toni Niamhs favorite bacon butties..thankyou..I really hope that Ps pain is controlled,saying that there is a fine line ..I know she like to keep busy..the pool was very cold its humid but no sun not warm enough to go in ..Niamh did try 🤣

Mr B is going to put the hose on the roof if we don't get rain 😅xx

dare I ask how your garden is coming in ..have you designed it xx

Joan thankyou fir all the love and hugs ..some back to all of you ((((()))) xx

Kath thankyou my eyes are not to bad if I close one like you say I need a patch 😉 it was nice of you to take the parcel in ..our neighbours are at work all day so it's the norm here thankyou fir the cauli recipe xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 12. Jun 2021, 06:11
    Options

Morning! Chris had outpatients yesterday. Checking out something of worry did you notice the cloak pic you up? I think Kath was snoring so it's a good job Aidan put that soundproofing in! Sleek looked lovely in her nurse uniform😊🐱

Joan P is keen to stay awake you see so won't have as much pain relief as she could and also it being the bile duct she feels very queasy bless her. She's doing ok her daughter is here and SIL . I think she'll be ok a bit longer yet. It's so unfair though. ((())) for you and Sue XXX

Morning Kathleen (trying Kathleen today😉) a baby bell with a bite out? That's good! it was so cloudy here no sun to see at all, but still very very hot and humid yesterday. Today is less cloudy already sunny. Good job I am up with my friends (and Paul) for BBQ later on that will do us good. One of them is the friend who had b cancer a few years before Lucy was ill. She just had a bowel cancer scare but all is well.

Happy memories of dancing sigh.....but I am a bit unsure about your taste in snacks😁🤢

No bolero I hope it will be warm enough. I will take some pics I will honestly! Washing Pauls jeans complete with turnups now.

Enjoy your day off!

Barbara I am sure that Niamh tried the pool out bless her. Surely it will heat up soon if this weather keeps up. Have you got a cover for it?

How long is Niamh with you? Grandad better have got half decent bacon!

You could always try a patch, but i suspect it won't work 100% maybe a little though?

You are so right about P she will struggle on so she can enjoy life. She was arting with me and Kari on Thursday it was lovely. Small pleasures.🙂

We did not design the garden I would have gone so much smaller no we had a designer do it and our builders do teh actual work it was much cheaper! It's going right enough😁 just a mess atm they anticipate 12 weeks!

Morning Mike. That's a bit cheeky what they have done in Carbis bay for the G7🤨 Hope you aren't too bruised after your needling the other day.

I will tell you something. I had my eldest 2.5 months early and was in hospital ill before on my first day they made 7 attempts to get a line in 4 different nurses, one Dr and finally successful anaesthetist. It actually gave me a bit of a fear of needles for a while, but I'm ok now. I know most peoples veins are easy, but NOT all of us and I hate the way you can be made to feel it's somehow 'your' fault?!!

Anyway I'll shut up now!

Breakfast is Aidan's!

• Mike1
    Options

Morning Mike. That's a bit cheeky what they have done in Carbis bay for the G7🤨 Hope you aren't too bruised after your needling the other day.

Carbis Bay (6 miles from me) was totally the wrong place to hold the G7 due to the very narrow roads hence it is carnage over there, the G7 has had a wider effect though as for some daft reason Falmouth (26 miles from here) is chocker-block with the media village and the cruise ship being used by the Police for accommodation therefore the roads to and from Falmouth and Carbis Bay are swamped with traffic, a lot of which comes along the main road by my village. The Police have also taken over the Sports Club up the road, which is used for the weekly car boot, as their R&R facility so members and the public are barred from it and the field is covered with their cars, plus no car boots until next month.

I ordered a blood pressure machine yesterday which should come today so I can keep a record of my pressures myself to take to the next appointment on the 22nd, hopefully they will use those figures as they are more likely to be accurate as I am relaxed at home. I did not know that drinking lots raises one's blood pressure until it was mentioned on here. That makes it absolutely stupid to do BP checks at the same time that bloods are to be taken as they tell you to drink loads before the blood test!

Ruddy football all over the TV for the next couple of weeks - deep joy - can't wait for it to be over!! Stupid game!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) when is it you go to see about your knee / hip pain did you say the end of June Good luck ((())) love to Mr B((())) he will need long arms to reach the roof or he could climb up the chimney. Love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your granddaughter ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) I know how bad the big C can get my mum and Dad had it as well as Auntie's and Uncles our favourite uncle was only 40 and he did not smoke. I hope Chris was alright good she had it checked out ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers (()))) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Kath ((())) and family and Mike ((())) and Elliott.

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all it has warmed up today after a couple if very cloudy days ..Niamh is out with dad and will be itching to get in the pool😅

Mike they don't seem to care who they put out with this G7..why can't they spend the the money on others things there are many struggling..its costing millions..xx

Toni thankyou fir the croissants..

I totally understand P she will want to make the most if her time bless her

12 weeks will soon pass bet it will look amazing ,especially when you can plant it up..

I am glad you got iver your phobia needles ..not easy after going through what you did.. xx

Joan I think my apparent us for the 25th or 27..I had better look ..they are so behind wuth this covid..Mr B rang about his physio then xray but they said we are months behind ..so if ge needs a new hip he will have to wait..hope you are all OK xx

Love to all .xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Poor Mr B having to wait such a long time. I expect you think his hip is bad Barbara? You'd know the signs from personal experience wouldn't you? My lovely neighbours....his needs doing very badly and he is now on 'the list' finally.

Yes you had better check when your apt is for your leg! I expect 25th as that's a friday 27th is a Sunday...

I hope the pool warmed up enough for Niamh today and tomorrow are supposed to be stupidly hot!

Yes P does pretty well know what she is doing and life is for living isn't it? She has done well to accept her limitations being such a busy busy person.

Morning Joan yes Chris has had a similar problem before to the one they are testing now she has a date and it is in good time not to muck up her cruise 😊

Vile isn't it cancer? Truly scary and vile. One day I am sure we will find better treatment and people wont believe what we used t go through to stay alive. ((())) for you and Sue xxx

Mike what on earth! I hope a lot of money is at least coming into the Cornwall area? The disruption sounds horrendous. I hadn't had the sense to think of the police and the press too in their vast numbers needing places to stay and the impact it must be having on such a beautiful place.

It finishes soon today technically, but I suppose it will take many days to get back to normal🙄

I have no idea whether drinking loads raises you BP levels too high that's something you can look at with your BP machine. BTW I think using that is a great idea. They say home results are as good and also much more accurate as there is no 'white coat syndrome' to contend with.

Kath or Kathy (trying out another name today) how did your 'day off' go? I hope a bit more restful and that Tesco came? No substitutions? 🤞

I was out yesterday at some friends having a lovely BBQ all vegan. They are actively considering it themselves. Like I was they have been veggie for years.

Right better get on I am excited as today i am going to take possession of the Church key (it's HUGE) and like a Castle key woudl be as the wifi is going in tomorrow 🙂finally! Zooms can then be done from Church for those who are unable to leave their houses. Oh the power! Aidan would laugh at me wouldn't he?!

Well the good news is it is Sunday so we can absolutely stuff ourselves stupid!

• Mike1
    Options

I have no idea whether drinking loads raises you BP levels too high that's something you can look at with your BP machine. BTW I think using that is a great idea. They say home results are as good and also much more accurate as there is no 'white coat syndrome' to contend with.

Morning. I looked it up on Google and indeed drinking loads does increase blood pressure! Considering that next time will be the third time this month that they have tried to get blood out of me there is every chance that my blood pressure will be raised anyway!!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I'm sorry Mr B ((())) has to wait so long to be seen I hope it goes quick. Love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) Do you have to supply tea and coffee to the builders for 12 weeks. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) I hope he does not have to wait to long to be seen ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((())) Kath ((())) and family ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Morning everyone, I did get some extra sleep yesterday but I'm flaring. Left arm from shoulder down to fingers, spine and both hips. Right leg down to foot. Teeth, Salivary glands and eyes. Oh well, I'm not alone, am I!

Toni, not Tesco this week, but Asa. Thankfully he was a great help and spot on 10am. We have Asda again next week so I hope things go just as well. Back to Tesco from then on. Asda don't sell long life Soya milk, just non UHT which doesn't taste as nice.

I can't wait to see your outfit. Have you ever thought of Espadrilles?

VEGANUARY: VEGAN SAUSAGES, CHIPS, BEANS AND ONION RINGS

Extra ketchup or Worcester sauce available for those who want it.

• frogmorton
    Options

Aha Did they wear espadrilles Kath in the 50s? I got some white pumps on order a size bigger so I can insole them. Skechers and Hotter didn't have anything suitable although i do have one pink pair of trainers which are skechers🤔

So it was Asda. In 'real life' Charley has bought me UHT soya milk, but it's only the posh make. Tesco do their own which Kari swears by. I get mine from Ocado in vast quantities less often and have a stash. It was a nightmare to get hold of in proper lockdown last March 🙄

Thanks for my veganuary sausage and chips....lovely I had it last night.

Sleek is bringing poultices I'm afraid as she already knew you were flaring. She has also dropped off two bush babies? I hope you can cope and some jammie dodgers too....

Oh yes Joan 12 weeks of cuppas! How much milk with that be? I have just bought another box of tea bags! My lovely neighbour has been seen and all tests done including that his pacemaker is up to it so he is on the list for the actual surgery now. He wants epidural so he can get home to his wife ASAP. They are so close ((())) xxx for you and Sue.

Morning MikeTo be fair I don't think the hospital woudl have given Lucy fluid when her BP was frihteningly low if it didn't work I should trust myself I'm just always loathe to give out medical advice! They did to me when I had my back op too for the same reason now I remember. You will have to drink plenty for your bloods but can prove your figures at home are not overly high with your own machine can't you?

Morning Chris I hope you are doing ok today gently getting back to 'normal'. not so long now your cruise is within sight! Sleek is a busy girl on her way to you after she's been to Kath who is flaring. We are a poorly bunch ATM😕

Love to Barbara I think Sleek was going to check on your eyes too....since when was she an opthalmologist?

american pancakes today with some ice cream!

All sugar free of course for anyone with diabetes!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you feel so bad I hope it does not last long ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((())) not long to go now you must feel so excited ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) I hope he does not have to wait too long ((()))

Love to Barbara ((()) and her family ((())) Chris ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Morning all sorry had a long day yesrday with family in the garden ..our eldest GD and fiance dud a BQ..so tired but very happy 😊

Toni the breakfast and ice cream and pancakes went diwn very well..thankyou

Yes extra tea bags will be needed fir the builders

I'm soo please Chris will get her cruise..well fingers crossed 🤞sge is one strong lady ..and your neighbour us in the list bless him x

Goid for you getting your footwear sorted very important 👌xx

Joan I suppose Mr B won't be on his own..I just wish he had gone to the Dr's sooner ..hope you are all doing ok xx

Kath I had esperadrills and was always falling out if them 😅glad Asda came thank goodness fir online shopping xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

Emily is a chicken owner.

These are not they, but I'm sure I'll get photos in time. They arrived on Saturday at 11:30 am.

Joan, thank you. I'm wearing an arm splint which helps a little. I don't know why I'm flaring - unless it's humidity!

Barbara, how lovely for you to enjoy a barbeque with your family, Sadly some people are still breaking the rules as this news item from Nottingham shows.

" A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following an illegal gathering in Basford, Nottingham.

Residents told Nottinghamshire Live more than 200 people descended on the illegal street party in Bramble Close, Basford, before it spiralled into chaos resulting in an 18-year-old man suffering 'serious' stab wounds.

They said a sound system was set up in the street between 2pm and 3pm and hundreds of people were seen singing, dancing and drinking from bottles, cans and plastic cups."

Disgusting behaviour!

Toni, yes they did wear espadrilles in the 1959s. There's a picture on this page

but I can't copy it but you can see for yourself.

Sleek has brought the poultices an I am spreadin them liberally all over my painful area. Even my eyes. So I'm sure I'll soon be as right as rain.

2 vegan recipes today

Vegan BBQ teriyaki tofu

Serve this easy vegan teriyaki dish at a summer barbecue. Allow the tofu to soak up the delicious flavours of the marinade before placing on the coals

Ingredients

Method

• STEP 1
    • Mix the soy sauce, soft brown sugar, ginger and mirin with 1 tsp sesame oil and brush it all over the slices of tofu. Put them in a large, shallow dish and pour over any leftover marinade. Chill for at least 1 hr.
    • STEP 2
    • Heat the barbecue until the coals are glowing white, or heat a griddle pan. Mix the remaining sesame oil with the rapeseed oil and brush the courgette slices and broccoli. Barbecue (or griddle) them over the coals for 7-10 mins or until they are tender and then set aside and keep warm.
    • STEP 3
    • Barbecue the tofu slices on both sides over the coals for 5 mins (or use the griddle) until they turn brown and go crisp at the edges. Serve the tofu on a bed of the veg with the remaining marinade and scatter over the sesame seeds.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cauliflower steaks with roasted red pepper & olive salsa

Unlock the flavours of cauliflower with a red pepper, olive and caper salsa, topped with almonds. Healthy and vegan, it makes a tasty light lunch or supper

Ingredients

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Slice the cauliflower into two 1-inch steaks – use the middle part as it’s larger, and save the rest for another time. Rub the paprika and ½ tbsp oil over the steaks and season. Put on the tray and roast for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
    • STEP 2
    • Meanwhile, make the salsa. Chop the pepper, olives, parsley and capers, and put into a bowl and mix with the remaining oil and vinegar. Season to taste. When the steaks are cooked, spoon over the salsa and top with flaked almonds to serve.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

Sunny again today. Lucy back at work after her days off 12-8pm today. Hoping her blisters are ok.

Joan I am excited about the figaro 'do' very excited think it had better be good I am placing all my hopes for the year on it😁They've told my neighbour 6 months to a year. the important thing is help for her when he is out of action 😕 ((())) for you and Sue xxx

Mike I hope the kettle is on so your vocal cords are ready for the home help to come and immaculise (an Aidanism that one not a real word!) your house. It will be lovely all done😊

Barbara lots of family visitors is just lovely none of us expect to see much of you while your eldest is there. It must be wonderful. I bet they are keen to meet your long lost niece too at some pint.

Mr B is silly to wait so long isn't he? At least my neighbour got on with it as soon as he realised he was in trouble. He will be waiting 6 months to a year.

Still making tea for the builders.....😁

Chris is a strong lady yes and was sorting through her cruise clothes yesterday!

I sent of for the white pumps they have arrived (plimsolls) they are ok I ordered a size too big so I can add an insole if needs be and they don't hurt my feet.

Kath they had great shoes in the 50s so much to choose from!! I wouldn't know where to start. Luckily no evening do. Well there was one which i wouldn't have braved with COVID anyway which obviously has been called off too many people.

The chickens have arrived! How many and are they all named? I bet they are bless them they must be so happy.

Sleek reckons the poll tis ez should work in a couple of days. Are you ok with the bush babies?

Wow great food today. I LOVE cauliflower so much I have it a lot and particularly enjoy cauliflower hash browns😋 As for the BBQ'd tofu bring it on!

Right breakfast sausage butties methinks.....

obviously veg/vegan available!

• Mike1
    Options

Mike I hope the kettle is on so your vocal cords are ready for the home help to come and immaculise (an Aidanism that one not a real word!) your house. It will be lovely all done😊

Ready and waiting 😁 and so is Vixen 😺

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) That's good the splint his helping your arm ((())) a lady at the back of us had chickens some one complained now they have gone. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily (())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's nice you enjoyed the B B Q. Mr B ((())) is the only one who knows how bad his pain is then the Doctor can do something ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) not much longer now how often do they have the Figaro shows. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia (())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) Good luck with his hip I hope it's less than 6 months.

Mike ((())) have a good day love to Elliott ((())

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx