Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Happy Tuesday to everyone. It's a little cooler today and they have said Notts/Derbys are to expect a yellow warning with thunderstorms and heavy rain - and we are sill waiting for the scaffolding to arrive. EEEEK

Joan, did your neighbour have a cockerel? I can't imagine why they would complain otherwise. Emily only has girls, because they lay eggs all by themselves.no cockerel necessary.

Toni, I only know there are 3, but not their names. Not until I get photos or a phone call. Ches and Cam will name them. Sleek's  poll tis ez worked (with a bit of help from the Bush Babies). Only my right hip is still hurting and I can't do nowt about that.

Sending hugs to Barbara, Mike and Chris,

Mediterranean Vegan Bowl with Beet Hummus

Ingredients

4 cups arugula1 cup cooked farro½ cup tomatoes (diced)½ cup cucumbers (diced)½ cup red onion (thinly sliced)½ avocado (diced)¼ cup beet hummus 3 Tbsp lemon vinaigrette Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe Juice of 1 lemon2 Tbsp olive oil1 tsp red wine vinegar¼ tsp cumin Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Cook your farro according to package instructions, be sure not to overcook it.
    2. Wash all of your produce well and prep veggies according to ingredient list.
    3. Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a jar and shake well.
    4. Place your arugula in a large serving dish (or individual dishes) and add all ingredients on top. Drizzle your vinaigrette over your power bowl and toss.

CRUNCHY and yummy.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all we had a nice warm day today 😊

Toni thankyou fir breakfast..Mr B has made the girls 3 breakfast now ..he's getting famous fir them just like yours 😁

I think the Figaro anniversary will be brilliant..hope the weather is then you can have the roof down ..yes the BQ went well ..Still mot got a photo of all granddaughters together though Niamh keeps missing them xx

Joan like you say only thoes that have the pain know what's its like..I just hope they get things moving fir everyone's sake..Shame about the chickens xx

Kath I would love chicken's but not the energy to clean them out ..I bet Emily will love collecting the eggs ..thankyou fir the link to the shoes ..I remember my platforms 😲 xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options

Morning everyone!

It's sunny again and no air out there already - poor builders they will struggle today bless them😕

Joan this Figaro do is a special one being 30 years since they were built, but they meet up in smaller numbers probably 3/4 times a year when there is no COVID. How are you and Sue doing? Are all the carers well? ((())) xxx

Mike glad you and Vixen were ready and waiting for your weekly visitor🙂hope she was well and you are up to date on all the news now!

Morning Barbara Mr B is doing great breakfasts is he? I bet most of his involve bacon? Go him! I bet they will go down in history and become a family legend 🙂It's a shame Niamh keeps missing the girls she would love to meet them and a photo would be lovely for all of you.

I would love chickens too, but suspect they would get eaten here with the fox i saw in my garden the other morning.....Sleek STALKING IT!!!!! Luckily it was sacred of me, but it would have eaten her!

Let's hope the weather is good for the Figgy do. It isn't far from here and Paul will drive down in the motorhome and we are staying in Stratford upon Avon for 3 nights so a proper holiday too.

Kath I have your scaffolding! It's here honestly. I was at P's yesterday afternoon and got home the tiles were coming off the garage roof. It's being extended again🙄Paul and his cars!

We also had thunder warning but so far it's not happened....maybe tonight? It feels stiller out there and is very very hot.....

Sleek says you can keep the poll tiss for the hip if you want, but she's probably already said that to you?

I can't wait to see pics of the girls and hear their names I am sure Ches and Cam will come up with good names.

Thank you for the buddha bowl it looks lovely i have never had beet hummus before....🤨

Love of course to Carol and Chris I hope making the most of this lovely weather...however long it lasts.

a banjo!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) yes it must have been a Cockerel we heard him we liked it. Sorry your side hurts ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) it's nice the weather good for your granddaughter ((())) and her Fiancé ((())) you have not had any rain for your roof yet. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) how are your migraines this weather ((())) and your bad back ((())) love to Paul (((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) sues carers are well thank you one of them fell down the stairs carrying a laundry basket. love to Lucy ((()))and Tia ((())) and Kari (((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) how are sleek and winnie ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig (((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Morning lovelies. I can’t be bothered with my laptop, so I’m on my iPad. I can still get in the cafe and if I get too much pain, or too tired, I can put it down and have a little snooze. Chris is watching a film on the horror channel, in between snoring. You think I can snore, but I’ve got nothing on him. Lol.

Holly pushed our Radio Times and paracetamol through the letter box after we’d gone to bed. We didn’t hear it, but I woke to go to the bathroom and glanced downstairs and there they were. So I crept down to put them in the living room. Chris didn’t hear a thing. He now thinks he’s got narcolepsy.

Joan, I think I would like to hear cockerel and chickens too. The only noises that keeps me awake are babies crying and dogs barking. I think they might be distressed and that makes me anxious.

Barbara, I know exactly what you mean. It takes me all my time to keep up with the housework.

Toni, my choice of names would be Milly Molly Mandy. But Ches and Cam have better imaginations than me. They might even pick names from the bible. Possibly Naomi, Ruth and Hannah.

I’m dreading the rain and storms. Tell Paul to bring my. Scaffolding back please. I want the hole in my roof mending.

Hugs to Carol, Chris, P, Mike and Elliott.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all last night with our GD and fiance gosh I will miss them ,today they took us out for a meal at our little pub I say little they have a large room at the back so can spread people out..abd they went in the pool 😅

Toni thankyou for the banjo Mr B will be making the girls breakfast tomorrow before they head fir London 😪

Yes the heat today was bad I always feel for people having to work in it..ar least the girls have missed a few days if working in the 30s..yes foxes are a pain were there are chicken they smell them a mile away..keep safe miss sleek 😒xx

Joan you are always so kind thankyou ..we are still waiting fir rain ti test our roof side law 🙄Love to all of of you xx

Kath Mr B snores something awful so our separate rooms help 😅glad ti hear Holly put you mag and paracetamol through ..I know what you mean babies crying it does upset me I think there cry is very clever at making mum and anyone else take notice 😯xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning! Started to rain! As long as the builders can work I am very happy about that. It will test Barbara's roof too.

Joan thank you for asking the migraine's don't seem to like bright sun but so far been ok and now it's raining not sure for how long. Poor carer falling down the stairs I'm not surprised though you can't see over laundry baskets😫 ((())) to you and Sue xxx

Has Mike got rain I wonder? Oh no its' stopped already here! Is there any news about how Elliott is doing with his recovery lately?

Right Kath do not bring your narcolepsied snoring husband in the motorhome with you if his snoring is worse than yours!!😁 Very funny not telling his the stuff was already through the letter box😂

Our new neighbours on the one side have yappy dogs 3 of them, but they only bark in the garden. Babies crying should wake you up we are conditioned to wake up to look after them I suppose.....

Let us see what names emerge for those chickens. You choice is good I like alliteration too.

Paul says you can't have the scaffolding yet! Isn't he mean? mind you our builders have made a hole in our garage roof thing to peep inside🤨

Barbara What a great time you are all having with GD and fiancée! Imagine them going in the pool! Mind it was very very hot wasn't it? You are ok inside with space and masks and jabs try hard not to worry it's worth it 🙂 I hope they have a safe journey back and you will see them soon this time I am sure.

One final Mr B breakfast - hope he hasn't undone all their hard work dieting!😉

Paul snores too bless him like a train as they say....

Miss Sleek says she is being careful, but I'm not sure I trust her. Maybe the foxes are after the wild rabbits😮

Lucy has bloods this morning so must get on and wake her up have to feed Tia's cats first.

toast today we've all eaten enough lately - especially Barbara!!!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Has Mike got rain I wonder? Oh no its' stopped already here! Is there any news about how Elliott is doing with his recovery lately?

Morning petal, no rain yesterday but overcast and chilly all day. We don't have rain down here anyway, it is liquid sunshine!! No news about Elliott, had a chat with my baby sister on Tuesday and she is fed up being kept out of the loop, our other sister doesn't keep her up to date anyway. We have basically said let them get on with it as it is doing our heads in at times, we are both old, live alone and have no kids let alone being disabled and in my case no transport so it is probably no wonder that we are out of sight out of mind.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's good you have your radio times there's not a lot on at the moment is there. Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) sorry your granddaughter ((())) and her fiancé ((())) are going it will feel a bit strange for you with out them ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) Good luck for Lucy's blood ((())) we have a school near us and all you hear is children shouting. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P (((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Well it's right miserable here, we had some rain early on, but no thunder as yet. I don't know what EMH are playing at with our scaffolding. I think we'll end up with the only indoor swimming pool on the estate. I hope Emily's chicken coop is storm proof.

🐔 🐓 🍳

Joan, you are right. It's either rubbish or football (other sports are available)

Barbara, Yesterday was horrendously stifling, it's already mich cooler here.

Toni, it's not just the snoring. He also suffers from night terrors. He often shouts and screams because he is convinced someone is in the bedroom. He's even had imaginary fights. Thankfully I'm across the other side of the room, but it does scare me.

I hope Lucy's bloods are OK. Tell Sleek to step away from the foxes.

Ingredients

OPTIONAL FILLINGS

• non-dairy cheese shreds (I used daiya cheddar)
    • Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella
    • sautéed vegetables, such as mushrooms, spinach, kale, broccoli, onions, tomatoes or zucchini

OPTIONAL TOPPINGS

Instructions

• Drain any liquid from the tofu package. Add the tofu, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, brown rice flour, unsweetened non-dairy milk, paprika, onion powder, turmeric and black salt (or regular salt) to a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Set aside.
    • If you want to use sautéed vegetables as your filling, cook them now in a small pan with a little olive oil until soft, then set aside. You can even use the same pan you will make your omelette in, just place the cooked vegetables on a plate and keep them close by. Have any vegan cheese you will use nearby as well.
    • Make the Omelette: Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a medium non-stick pan (or spray with oil) and turn to medium-high heat. Once hot, pour half of the omelette batter into the center of the pan, trying to make a circle. You can use a spatula to encourage it to spread, sort of like a pancake. You don't want it to be too thick, about 1/4-1/2 of an inch thick is perfect.
    • Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the top looks somewhat dry and set, no longer liquidy. At this point, if for some reason it was thicker than you thought or it's not cooked all the way through, you can carefully flip the omelette over and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
    • Add any fillings you want (I used cooked onions, mushrooms, spinach and daiya cheddar shreds) to one half of the omelette, then fold one side over to cover the fillings. Cover and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
    • With a spatula, carefully transfer the omelette to a plate and serve with any additional toppings desired. Repeat with the rest of the batter and toppings. The recipe makes 2 omelettes. Enjoy!

Notes

1. Silken firm tofu, such as Mori-Nu brand in the vaccum sealed packages, is the best option here. I did try it with regular firm tofu that comes in water, and it worked okay but I had to add more liquid because the mixture was so thick. If you have to use firm tofu, add 1/4-1/2 cup of water until it is pourable and not too thick.
    2. Black salt, also known as Kala Namak, gives foods an "eggy" flavor. I don't personally like it because it makes things taste a little too real and egg-like for me, but some people love it and it's the secret to making this omelette taste very much like eggs! You can simply use regular salt instead if you want.
    3. Nutrition facts do not include any fillings or toppings, just the omelette itself.
    4. This recipe can be easily doubled or even tripled to make more omelettes. 
    5. Leftover vegan omelettes will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. I do not recommend freezing.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all Another lovely day here but still no rain

Toni you had rain ..think we need plan b our hosepipe for the roof

We have really enjoyed seeing the girls.. there were tears all round today 😢they have just landed un London 5 hours on the coach 🙄

They walk there breakfast off usually but not today..but it will be back to the gym for them ..I do hope all will be OK fir Lucy xx

Mike I feel fir you being left out if the loop ..maybe they don't want to keep bothering you and your sister xx

Joan yes the house is quiet now,they are trying to see for a deposit for an house ..near by so that would be nice ..I hope all is well with you Sue abd the doggies xx

Kath it has been a bit cooler today, any news on your roof ..we just need rain to test ours..

Thankyou for the began omelette recipe it looks so tasty..

I have night terrors always have had ,so I feel for Chris..sometimes I'm scared if sleeping they are that bad xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options

A salad our granddaughter made before she left

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

The rain we had overnight was temporary sadly that was it apart from half a dozen large drops later on about 5pm🙄 blimey are the farmers moaning!

Mike liquid ☀ that sounds like bliss how gorgeous🙂 I think it's very sad that you and your baby sister are being forgotten when you care about them all so much. Your other sister is a bit remiss leaving you out although I doubt Elliott and family will still be busy working on getting him better. ((())) for you 😻for Vixen.

Joan guess what? I had no less that 4 migraine auras yesterday! No headache with them yet so probably more to come. Thank you they got Lucy's blood so easily (sorry Mike!) and our school is primary so lots of shouting here and too many cars parking outside the house. ((())) xxx to you and Sue

Kath oh thank you for the omelette it was fabulous. I make them with chick pea flour, but they are very rich this seems much lighter 😋

How much water are you catching a day through the roof? They really are very naughty not coming - have you chased them up?

I am sure the girls will have made sure the girls (Chickens) have a dry place to shelter they are so caring.

Night terrors? Gosh that's awful. Poor Chris. Has he always suffered with them?

Barbara sending you some ((())) it is tough I expect they cried half the way home bless them you must feel lost, but at least it is in this country and you all have so many happy memories ☺️

and a rather lovely salad....hmmmm.....it woudl go well with Kath's omelette!

They will be back at the gym for sure after all their hard work they won't let it go. Do you really think they might try to move back up nearer home? Does your GD's Fiancée come from your way too?

Right breakfast

absolutely the wrong time of year, but still yum!

• Kitty
    Options

No rain here thank goodness (at least until the roof is fixed)

Chris hasn't always had night terrors, only for the last couple of years. But he does suffer from anxiety so maybe that is behind it.

Toni, I listened to an item about migraine the other day on World Service, Here is a link to it for you.

Thank you for the tea cakes.

Barbara what a lovely looking salad, I'll certainly have some of that.

I'm following our Asda delivery. We booked a slot for 10am - 12pm. It looks as though it will be here by 10:49.

I'd better go and get ready. 😊

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry perhaps they have forgotten about your roof. Sorry about Chris's night terrors ((())) I hope you get all you want in your delivery (())) love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that would be nice if your niece lived near you ((())) I'm sorry you have the night terrors ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother (()))) and his girlfriend (((()))

Toni ((()))) I'm sorry that every time I mention migraine's you have them ((())) that's good Lucy's ((())) blood went alright ((()))

We have rain all weekend. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Love to Mike ((())) and Elliott ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all

Toni thankyou fir the hotcross buns I am hooked on the m&s ones

Our gds fiance is from London they live with her family ,bit she like how cheap things are up hear so happy to move ,she has been so good for our gd

No rain here in afraid xx

Joan I would love our gd ti live nearer ..but getting on the housing market is so hard...I think they would live with dad till they do How's things with all if you you xx

Kath you don't want rain and we do ..but I won't sing yet just so it holds off till your roof is done ..hope that asda order arrived OK xx

Did I say I have been bitten with an horse fly they get me nearly every years..my leg is double its size just hope when it burst it doesn't get infected

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Oh Barbara!! That's awful you poor thing. They are vile horseflies I am always dodging them here. Keep an eye on that leg! Ah Sleek says Tosca had a Hwors fly poll tis in her book......

That's great news if the girls could live this way it is way cheaper and they've been there for years now so maybe fingers crossed. 🤞

Well we had some rain....not enough but it was this day (yesterday) last year our roof was proper leaking so we ought to get rain!

M&S do a vegan hot crossed bun they are yummy I have to agree.

Joan it's most definitely coincidence about the migraine auras....or it could be the air pressure sometimes bright sun seems to make them worse too. I am loving having the weekend off the builders! It's restful! I actually don't mind if it rains. Today we get Penelope back all ready for her trip next weekend. I can't wait.😊

Love as always to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Kath how good is that being able to proper track your driver. Tesco can't beat that even if they do have a lovely driver🤨

If the customer talks too long though it might get later!

If Chris' anxiety has been getting worse it makes sense it could be that causing his night terrors. Poor him and you too though that's just not good how often would you say?

Thank you for the article about migraines you are so thoughtful. As I said in my poem! I got you😉

Enjoy your day off the net today.

Well so far today Mike we also have liquid sunshine! It's lovely and I am happy to say I am getting my beloved Figaro back ☺️ I hope you and Vixen are well.

I heard from Chris she is doing ok but still very weak at times not doing too much just a small amount each day and lots of rest making sure she eats well.

Sending best wishes to Carol Miss Cookie and Mr T of course.

Saturday is our Aidan's breakfast

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I'm sorry you have a bite on your leg I hope it's not too painful (((())) we had rain yesterday. love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend. Have a good weekend ((()))

Toni ((())) that's good you have the Figaro back ready for the show Penelope will be the best one there ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())) have a good weekend ((()))

Love to Kath ((())) and family (((())) Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott (((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Options

Well so far today Mike we also have liquid sunshine! It's lovely and I am happy to say I am getting my beloved Figaro back ☺️ I hope you and Vixen are well.

We are both tickety-boo thanks. Clear blue skies and hot sun down here today. Got to try to clean the pond out a bit later but having a brew first, putting it off a bit really as I know what agony I will be in when I finish. Will watch a few episodes of Game of Thrones when I have sorted it as that will help take my mind off the pain. Fred and Ginger deserve a bit of a clean out anyway.

• Mike1
    Options

Here we are then, managed to crawl from the pond to my recliner once I had finished!! Here are Fred and Ginger, Ginger is the white and gold fish with an orange mark on her top lip.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all a lovely warm day here but our gd said irs been miserable in London ..usually the other way round

Toni I stood in a bowl of hot salty water and used my long handles sponge to bathe the bite ..not burst though..they do love me

Penelope us home 🏡and the builders are not there today..bliss..make the most of it.oh nearly forgot thankyou for the croissants lovely and fresh thankyou fir the update on Chris please give her my love xx.

Joan the fly always get me ..but I will keep an eye on it trouble is I have to wrap up to water the garden..love to all if you xx

Mike well done fir cleaning out the pond..I keep looking at mine. Thats has far has i get ...what lovely fish the white and red one is striking xx

I emptied the pool because we thought it was going to be cool ..Niamh wasn't best pleased 😕

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Joan thank you I am so happy to have Penelope back ready for this next weekend. She won't be the best there some of them are in amazing condition, but she is the best in my opinion!!! Just so you know P has been in hospital but she's home again now. ((())) xxx for you and Sue.

Mike I am so glad you are enjoying lovely weather ☺️ I bet Vixen is a happy pusskin. Well done doing the fish! I find it hard enough doing our inside ones. Fred and Ginger! 😁

Barbara of course i will send your love to Chris she is doing so well. It's tough recovering when you've been so ill, but she is certainly getting there through determination rest and good food.

Oh dear that's you in trouble taking the pool down though I think you are right aren't we due more rain?

Bacon butties Mr B? That might cheer her up a bit and the pool will go back up when it's really nice again won't it? Bless her😃

I'm glad you enjoyed your croissants yesterday today is of course Sunday breakfast and will be shareable 😉

Penelope now needs another clean as well as she got dirty and the picnic basket attaching to her bottom. I ahve some bunting too to pretty her up. I am so excited to meet all the other Figs!

Haven't asked lately, but how is your bro doing?

Hello to Kath hope you feel rested after your day off?

Of course much love to Chris and Carol

vegan option.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Mike ((())) what does vixen think of Fred and Ginger I bet she sit's there looking at them wondering what can I do. love to Elliott ((()))

Barbara ((())) sorry your leg is sore ((())) do you have to wait for it to burst. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh (((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())))

Toni ((())) not long to go now what time do you have to be there by. Love to Paul (((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie (((())) and the carers (((())) ;cut ((()))Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) I'm sorry she went to hospital ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Kath ((())) and Chris (((()))) and Chris ((())) and Carol (((()))) and Mig (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Morning all, I'm fairly well rested today thank you and I hope all are well.

Toni, I hope you found the migraine information worth a listen. I love finding things that might be helpful/interesting to my friends.

Chester has named one of the hens, I'm not fussed. He's called her Hennifer Haniston? We'll have to wait for the rest. Emily is working on her next blog. As soon as it's available I'll stick the link on here.

Holly is off to Skeg at the end of next week, so we've given her our shopping money and 6 tickets for free entry to the Seal Sanctuary. I get them because I'm a Gold Supporter for them.

Mike, Fred an Ginger look beautiful.

VEGAN GINGER COOKIES (GINGERSNAP)

These vegan ginger cookies are super crunchy and made in a ‘gingersnap’ style for a perfect holiday cookie. Packed with ginger flavor.

INGREDIENTS

• 1/4 cup (56g) Vegan Butter
    • 1 cup (200g) Light Brown Sugar
    • 1/4 cup (60ml) Unsulphured Molasses
    • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
    • 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour*
    • 1 tsp Baking Soda
    • 1/4 tsp Salt
    • 2 tsp Ground Ginger
    • 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp Allspice
    • 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
    • 2–3 Tbsp Non-Dairy Milk
    • 1/4 cup (50g) White Granulated Sugar (for rolling)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. 
    2. Cream vegan butter and brown sugar together and then add molasses and vanilla extract and mix in.
    3. Sift all purpose flour into a bowl and add baking soda, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves and mix together.
    4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir in by hand until crumbly.
    5. Add 2 Tbsp non-dairy milk and mix. You should get a very thick cookie dough. However, if you still have crumbles and it’s not yet ‘sticking together’ then add another 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk. Only do this if you really need it though.
    6. Break off pieces of the dough and roll into balls. Place them evenly onto your parchment lined baking tray. Aim to get 20 cookies from the batch.  
    7. Roll the balls in white granulated sugar and return to the parchment lined tray. 
    8. Flatten the cookies with a fork.
    9. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. If you want more on the softer side then bake for 10 minutes, if you want more snap/crunch then bake for 12 minutes and if you want them super crunchy then you can bake them for up to 15 minutes, but keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn. 
    10. The cookies will be soft when they come out the oven. Allow them to cool and firm up directly on the tray before moving them. 

NOTES

*Measure the flour correctly using the spoon and level method (spoon it into your measuring cup and then level off the top with a knife. Don’t scoop it and don’t pack it into the cup). Or weigh it on a food scale. 

*Molasses: The molasses should be unsulphured molasses. Grandma’s is a good brand if it’s available to you otherwise just use any molasses that says unsulphured somewhere on the label. If you can’t get molasses at all, then you can substitute something like maple syrup, but you will lose that richness of flavor that you get from the molasses. 

*Gluten-Free: If you’d like to try these cookies as gluten-free then I recommend using a gluten free all purpose flour blend that is meant to replace regular flour in baking. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour is a good brand that we have used before and recommend. We have not tested these particular cookies as gluten-free but this is my recommendation based on other cookie recipes that we have tested.

*Storing and Freezing: Store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for a week. They are also freezer friendly up to 3 months. 

• Mike1
    Options

Mike ((())) what does vixen think of Fred and Ginger I bet she sit's there looking at them wondering what can I do. love to Elliott ((()))

The pond is nothing more than an extra large planter about 3ft across and 18inches deep which I surrounded with lawn edging, I built shelf on the side of it so Vixen could sit there looking at them. Occasionally she will put her paw in when she sees one of them near the top but immediately pulls it out and shakes it as she hates getting it wet. She loves fish food though so if she is around when I feed the fish I have to give her some.

The cat with the lamp was a birthday present from my Home Help.