Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,146
    edited 1. May 2022, 18:30
    Options

Hi again, not much to add from me but just to say hi to frog on today's bit of the trip - nice to be able to go to a McDonald's bathroom wherever you are 😀 - hope you've had a lovely day 😊

and hello to everyone -

Joan you're marvellous to drink that much water it puts me to shame, must make more of an effort 😳 after all we're so fortunate to have clean water. Damp here today out of doors so haven't seen mousie - mice are one thing! rats something else altogether, eek. Scientists have invented a prototype robot rat apparently to maybe help find disaster survivors etc in future. Have a good Bank Hol :) xx

hi bosh, why do beds in pictures and shopping websites etc always look more comfortable than your own, when you're free to buy the same things and recreate it if you want to 🤔 never quite the same somehow.. I could get right in that one now. Turmeric stripes is great, what a good idea that would be, bedding that sorts your troubles out for you 😀. Anyway I'm not too bad today thanks you too I hope x

Hello again Kitty hope things getting sorted🤞xx

Wave to Barbara & Mr B too 👋 xx

and best to Carol, Mike & Vixen & any late callers-in xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,090
    Options

Thanks t yes the beds etc in ads always look amazing and comfy but that rug itself would be very hazardous thing to have in our rooms I’d imagine falling due to a slippery rug now that’s one of my nightmares.

I hope you have an ok sort of night anyway toady I’m not too bad thanks but my mum has a stomach prob that’s been going on for awhile now and it’s a bit worrying anyway hopefully it’ll go soon , have a good night to toady and everybody take care. Xx

ps hopefully we’ll sleep better than the princess In the pea - related fairy tale, lol. Xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

Is Kitty ok?

Anyone know?????

Kitty I am sending lots of love and ((())) and my beloved pusskin to look after you🐾🐱🐾

I hope you are all doing ok otherwise?

Today we are in Vienna I will try to take some photos for you all.

Toady do some extra gardening for me would you? I missed Monty but have recorded him.

And Reshmi take care and enjoy your walk come and look round Vienna? The food on board has been fabulous spot on too much and too often but fantastic nonetheless. The bed looks so comfy!

Mike I hope you aren't feeling too bad today and the ondansetron are doing the job at least enough ((()))

Barbara take care look after those eyes. I am very worried about Kitty😕

Joan all is well here food is good I can rest a lot keep dozing off!!!

Take care everyone

• frogmorton
    Options

The boat.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) that must have been so frightening for you both I hope you are both feeling a bit better today did you make it to the papers. I know I said you needed help but not that. Thinking of you and Chris (()) take care love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope you have a good day I hope today is a bit warmer yesterday was cold.

Reshmi (()) I hope you have a quiet day today love to your mum (())

Mike (()) how are you feeling have a good day today love to vixen (())

Toni (()) thank you for the photos what is it like sleeping is it like you are being rocked has you are sleeping. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Barbara ((()) love to Mr B (()) thinking of you both love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece and her fiancé (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Still inhospitable, feeling safe and secure. I spoke to my eldest son and my middle daughter. Anita fetched some things from the house. Jonathan and Dawn came to see me too. I don’t know what has happened to Chri, still in police custody as far as zimmer know. I suppose I ought to pity him really, but when I consider the implications of what he’s done, and the fact that I am in a better place than I was before, I find it difficult to do so.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• toady
    Options

Kitty 😟 I am so sorry things came to a head and wish there had been another way, we're all relieved to hear you're safe but not that you had to be where you are in order for that to happen. Won't type any more now, love & hugs & glad that your family are up to date. xx

• bosh
    Options

hi including T and t J B and K really tired atm but I hope everyone is okay or sort of okay nice pics T I need to get some sleep bye for now.

• bosh
    Options

hi all I know It’s not night but good night anyway lol.

• frogmorton
    Options

Kitty my dear friend.

Contact your congregation please too the family ate being wonderful but the Church will help too.

Sending ((())) xxx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Just to say Kitty my thoughts and prayers are with you ...so glad you at least feel safe bless ..we are all here fir you 💕💕

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Good morning everyone

Just a quick post to check in on us all. We are all looking after each other just now two of our cafe dwellers are having really tough times.

Mike with his gruelling chemo regime to get through ((())) and Kitty in a place of safety which is good but must be dreadfully upsetting. You have a good family Kitty and us lot here too.

Love of course to everyone else I think of you all every day. Yesterday was very hot 24 degrees and sunny in Vienna. Walked too much in the morning so had to lie down in the afternoon. Back and hip were very cross with me 😕

And I found yet more McDonalds!!!

Breakfast today

In Slovakia all day I think today cant remember if we go to Hungary next🤔

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Sorry to hear the news Kitty, thank goodness you are OK.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I’m so sorry I hope you will soon feel a bit better (()) I don’t know what to say about Chris but I’m glad you are being looked after (()) thinking about you take care. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I take 10 tablets a day I was told to take them with water I have to much calcium I should drink more than that. How are you have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you how’s your knee love to Mr B (()) and Niamh (()) and your son (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s a big boat thank you for the photos how long do you have to look around a place

it’s worrying about Kitty(()) at least she’s being looked after. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Mike (()) how are you doing love to vixen

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Hi all

Kitty sorry to hear your news but so very glad you are ok and feel safe. We are all here for you. And I send you a few gentle hugs (((())))

Toni your pictures are lovely. I have never done a river cruise it sounds great. Hope you are enjoying it.

Mr T and myself are ok. Our eldest granddaughter will be arriving to us today and be staying untill Thursday as she and her sister will be in London as their dad has been diagnosed with Lung cancer, and has been transferred to one of our big London hospitals for an operation today to put a stent into his Lung. And both girls want to be in London so they can be nearby while he has the op. So I will probably not be posting for a couple of days.

love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi all how are you today? hope you’re well or on the well side, with my bipolar to be frank I try to stay clear of getting involved or reading about certain issues so this post is very short of course I mean no offence bye for now. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi all Nice peaceful scene. Xx

• toady
    Options

Hello all, once again I won't do a general post under the circs but just to send Kitty my continued best & of course v sorry to hear the update xx

Love to everyone, hope Toni is having a lovely day in Slovakia and all the best for wherever's next :) xx

Carol very sorry to hear of your family illness, best wishes for the best outcome & hope your granddaughters are ok as possible x

Joan have a good day (& sorry for slightly tactless comment re your water intake as I should have considered it may be for a reason, not that you would take it as such I know, but anyway was a bit thoughtless). Hope things ok with you all xx

bosh hope you are less tired, totally understandable re posting x thanks for the nice calming pictures, take care x

Hello and best to Mike & Vixen x

Love to Barbara too xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Thanks Kitty for the update sending ongoing support to you I hope you are doing ok.

Sleek is with you as you know.

And Aidan is there too.

Hi everyone else it's really hot here am lying down again resting after a train ride round Bratislava.

Mike I hope you know you have my ongoing support

❤❤❤❤

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

hi Toady thanks the girls are in London and I believe have seen their dad before the op. they are hoping to be with us around 6pm once the hospital have rung them to say their dad has come through the op ok. Peaceful here at the moment but that will change later when they get here , although they are both in their Twenties 20 and 29 when they are together they are as bad as a couple of kids. Ha ha 😃😃.

Stay positive always👍xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi toady Toni Joan Barbara and everyone else, hope you’re all doing okay? Thanks for understanding toady I did have some sleep after my recent post but I am still feeling a bit drained stomachs not good actually but nothing serious I think my mum‘s stomach has not been good for quite awhile it’s a difficult situation she may have to make a GP appointment tomorrow I offered to help her but she won’t let me help if I don’t mention anyone else in this post it’s not that I’m not thinking of them but just sort of just sort of trying to put my own mind first if that makes any sense I looked on the Internet today toady and I found out that today is national password Day - that’s quite hilarious isn’t it really toady? A whole day to celebrate passwords I think five mins would be more than enough the info on this day says that you shouldn’t choose your cat‘s name well that seems a bit discriminatory to me most people on this site would have to burn the laptops ha ha talking of which I don’t even know where my laptop - part of this family chaos I’m living in, lol, my dad may have commandeered it for many years tbh oh well the glories of family life, lol. Yes am indeed quite tired today but Im hoping for a good nights sleep, hello of course to Toni as well glad you’re enjoying the holiday and seeking out all the McDonald’s you can find oh dear, Apple and cinnamon tea for you and anyone else who wishes to partake I think we need to calm down caffeine free lol have a good evening all. Xx

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Kitty thank god you are safe 🙏 ❤️ xx

Mike I hope chemo is going to plan and the antisicknes meds are working fir you xx

Toni what lovely weather you are having..I am hoping it arrives here very soon..I'm loving the photos, Vienna is somewhere I always wanted to visit and never did xx

Joan all us well here thankyou ..love to all if you xx

Toady hope you have been able to get in the garden without any nosy neighbours ..🤔xx

Reshmi ypu find some lovely pictures and they cheer my day thsnkypu xx

Carol it's good to see you posting..our Eldest Granddaughter has just come back up north from London xx

Love yp all xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara you’re welcome, have a good night. Xx.

• frogmorton
    Options

Kitty I do hope you are feeling ok and not too down such a dreadful time you've had. Things had been escalating but now you are safe and plans can be made to keep you safe. I do hope Chris is ok of course but he needs help now he should get it.

Joan this river cruise is lovely so restful even if I have done a bit much I can lie down in the afternoon. It's been sunny temps of 23 24 all week. Today I expect rain for the first time! ((())) xxx

That apple and cinnamon sounds spot on Reshmi just what I needed.

Mum is struggling with her stomach and has been for a while? Bless her I hope they can help her. Mine is o....k if you know what I mean it certainly has been worse. Sorry about yours ((())) I learned how to say kofienfrei for decaf in German for Germany and Austria. Managed ok in Slovakia as there was a vegan restaurant and I had beetroot juice. Nice! And a vegan pasta. I have honestly never eaten so healthily in my life! Getting probably 10 of my five a day.

What? I can't use Sleek's name for my password?🙄 l bet half of the nation do that or a child's!

Mike I hope you are doing ok and not feeling too rough. The ondansetron should be helping enough for you to eat 🤞 strength and ((())) coming from Hungary today.

Toady I have seen some lovely wild flowers here and want to bring them home with me. I won't though in case I introduce some new invasive sort of like Japanese knotweed but with pretty flowers!

I hope all is well in your garden? All should be ok at mine especially as you've had rain at home.

Won't be long before we need to come back but it has been lovely. So restful.

Are you having a good time giggling with the girls Carol? 🤭🤭 Kari my brother and me can be very silly too even at *cough* 31 33 and 38 😉 you never really grow up with your siblings.

I do hope their Dad does ok.

And of course that you are well Mr T and Cookie too😻