Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,952

hi toady 🐸 how are you today?

I’m not feeling too bad thanks compared to yesterday managed to walk which I haven’t done for ages thanks to the blood test job sorry not really a job of course but def feels like one sometimes lol.

the walk was v good and then I had some sleep afterwards which was also much needed

im still feeling a little bit drained but after my shower I’m sure I’ll feel better thanks

i’m having too many sweet things this week no doubt so I may leave the lollipop for another time ha ha

I know what you mean I have several notepads most of them and sort of cheap rubbishy sort of ones and then there’s one or two nice ones that I get from time to time and I think what should I write in those? I don’t want to waste them but I think definitely nice notepads etc should be used even though we are tempted to sort of preserve them as gallery pieces ha ha at least that’s my opinion anyway 😀.

no this wasn’t a a med chart notepad which is unusual in itself really lol I’m just writing little bits of things like poems 👍.

it’s meant to rain here a bit later on today but now it’s dry but quite nasty and stuffy really.

LA’s Enthusiasm got me thinking about Slough so I looked up some info on it apparently one of the first professional female scientists, an astronomer used to live in Slough - I’m not a scientific person by any means lol but that got me thinking about starry skies and I found this pic online which is titled “starry sky”.

I’ll go for now because I’m still have a few things to do hope you’re having an okay Sunday take care, xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺how are you ?

looks like you’re having a good break I’m glad nice pic

I think maybe that people generally sleep well when they’re by the sea because of the fresh pure sea air. I remember when I lived in Bangor that the air was so pure I just spend time breathing it in after my hold in the gloriously polluted Reading, good for the skin too.

yeah it was unfortunately vampire nurse witch lady , sounds like a bad Netflix film doesn’t it? Lol, Toni she actually v uncharacteristically did remember, so I got text from one of the docs who said the next blood test on Monday and my lithium is a bit low but at least it’s not high, same reduced dose for two more weeks 😀.

as for the metho hangover I feel like I’ve had one for a week lol, but I think various things are upsetting my stomach one mxt no doubt but also other things like stress, but thanks for asking

how long you at the seaside for ?

EF ate going on hol tomorrow so there is an empty house in Maidenhead where we can all squat and break into to bills Deliveroo account lol, I can just foresee him shouting “who ordered all those vegan burgers 🍔?! I know it wasn’t my sister-in-law! “ ha ha, parents seem ok atm thanks as for lava situation, tranquil atm but I feel that lava is brewing, no tea, TROUBLE thats the word lol, sorry for caps

Bye for now Toni take care xx

ps pic of veg monitoring witch and her familiar or should that be vegan burger monitoring wizard aka bill and his 🐈‍⬛? Lol. Oh look there are Also some toadies 🐸🐸perched on the mushrooms Lol. Tc. Xx

• bosh

hi again toady sorry forgot to answer your question, new things can be v annoying indeed especially tech 😄. Bye for now still drying my unruly hair. Xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096

Hi all, bit of a grim night (digestion-wise not sleep disturbed by cats & birdies) so am making an effort to wind everything back early today and get off earlier tonight too. All's well with Mrs B, I had not seen her all day (partly the weather was so foul hardly any birds were about anyway) - but round mid afternoon I went to check round the garden, looked up and saw her way up on the gutter! clever girl, she then executed a beautiful swallow dive down near me to perch perfectly on the garden arch which is lying part-assembled on the grass 😂 and which all the birds are having fun with needless to say. Nothing much else to report except I have done a bit more to the painting, and have been wrestling with stubborn bits of tech etc so have had enough of internet and gadgets for one day. Lovely to see where frog is, as Joan says that looks very open and a bit chilly today - bleak out of season I expect - but, the view! 😊 have a great weekend and some more of that sea-air sleep 😴 fantastic. xx

Hello joan I am not doing anything with ladders there's no need for one at the moment so I'm fine thank you 😊 hope all's well with you & Sue today and love to the dear dogs. Have a good Sunday :) xx

Hi bosh glad to hear things not too bad today & that you had a nice walk, I haven't for ages! ashamed of myself, partly the weather but partly being disorganized too, must get a grip of myself and try to get back to it. Oh good that you are using the nice notebook for nice things, I hoped so, you are right they should be used I find this stuff v difficult.. I keep things 'for best' clothes etc of course 'best' never comes but it's a bit of a family trait unfortunately. Thank you for the tea I am just going for a cup now that lovely pot would be very nice 😊 I have been wrestling with the new phone, half the morning to pay in a cheque with a banking app that's not bad is it I could have taken it to the bank in half the time 🙄 not that I have a branch. Interesting about Slough! 🌘 I know nothing about it apart from the unflattering poem by John Betjeman from school, people are not that complimentary about it as a place I seem to think but that could be unjust for all I know. It can't be bad if you can get a nice bicycle there can it :) Hope the weather suiting you not too badly today perhaps it will be a nice cool twilight evening like your pic and all the little toadies will come out to enjoy it 😀 have a good Sunday :) xx

Love to Kitty whose bungalow is in the offing apparently 😊

and to Barbara & family & birdies 😘

and all present or missing - thinking especially of Mike & Vixen 😔xx

• bosh

Hi toady

thanks for your message I’ll just give a really quick reply I think so I can get some stuff done before bed, yes the poem isn’t very flattering is it? Lol, also Seems to involve a waste of good nutritious cabbage lol 🥬,

Ive been to slough occasionally in evenings tho, so I didn’t really see it properly but it’s much like a lot of places really v over populated urban area I don’t think it’s pretty really let’s put it that way lol i mean Reading isn’t that great either but at least it’s got some parks and things and prob has a few more “classier” areas than Slough for what that’s worth, anyway don’t worry about difficult family traits I have about a 1000 of them lol have a good night toady take care. X

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning everyone the sun is out and was out pretty well all of yesterday

Yesterday was a much nicer day weather-wise. Got a walk on the beach with my friends and their dogs. Paul watched the tennis 🙄

Mike will relate to the sea and sea breeze though it's way quieter up here much less tourists. Still sending you my strength and ((())) Mike I hope you are recovering well xxx

Morning Joan. Having a lovely time (back still ok👍) enjoying my friends yorkie. We played scrabble last night which was fun. I lost🤭🤭🤭 I had all vowels only about 4 consonants the whole game((())) for you and Sue xxx

Didn't hear from Kitty yesterday I dont suppose much progress will be made with the bungalow at all over the weekend. Sleek has been going over and telling Kitty I've a-ban- dand her😻

Morning Reshmi. I am making the most of the cleaner air here it's just lovely 😊

Lithium levels a bit low then? Hopefully if that's still the case after Monday's bloods they can eek it up a tidge? The vampire witch nurse yes definitely sounds like a bad Netflix series!) remembered! wow I am shocked. Her familiar looks rather like Lucy's Winnie.

The weather really picked up yesterday here perhaps it also did in Slough. I'm sure not as nice as Reading although I am pretty sure Spain will knock both off of LA's top holiday destinations soon sadly 😕

Oh yes let us hack BIL's deliveroo account! What shall we have (apart from maccies vegan burgers of course)? Imagine how sore all our tums will be though😒 BIL would be able to track the culprits via excess ordering of online loo roll supplies....🚽🧻🚽🧻

I hope HV remains stable and calm for you.

Barbara if you get online I hope all is well with you all. Have you seen Niamh or any of the other girls? ((())) xxx

Toady its lovely here I am still sleeping like a log.

I see you need some rest desperately. I hope the chicks will soon fly the best and Mr and Mrs Blackbird can chill out. No second 'litter' please. Mrs B is doing so well all healed I am really happy😊

Has Sleek been over telling you how neglected she is? Bless her.

Lovely that the birds have already taken possession of your arch imagine how they will love it when it's up!

Well done persisting with the painting I am really glad you are. It will soon be done. Ready just in case you get noisy neighbours

Right better get some clothes on. Being on the beach front people do rather peer in!😮😮😮

Breakfast anyone?

Vegan option available of course....

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope your breathing is better. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) they say the weather getting better have a good day.

Barbara (()) have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Thank you for saying about Kitty it’s nice to know that she is alright (()) I’m glad you are enjoying your time there. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day. I hope you feel better. Love to your mum (())

Mike (()) we are worried about you and vixen love to your sister Sue (()) and Sue the cleaner (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni 🌺 toady 🐸 Joan and Barbara Hope you’re all doing ok?

Sorry got v tired today did “proper” walk after long time, stomach v slightly improved blood test tomorrow but not with vampire 😀.

Glad you’re enjoying sea air T thats great. Family are all ok thanks.

BR was happy to be on plane what a good baby 👶. BR is pretending to be veg monitoring wizard I think. Sis ate a substantial breakfast 🍳 good one my skinny sibling, Bill is eating everything and everyone in sight no doubt lol.

dose I’m not quite sure how it works tbh but doc who texted is a partner and v good so I guess I have to just wait and see and hope for best but thanks again for asking Toni 😀.

Hi again toady 🐸hope you’re well? Sorry about your digestion probs, did walk this morning but it was hot and nasty weather for me 🤢.

Yes its def nice to shop in store at WR if there’s one nearby isn’t it? I think staff are more polite there too sometimes, i once asked a shop assistant to help me find something in Tesco and he wasn’t pleased about it all , I almost said that I’m already well acquainted with many monsters and other supernatural beings, I don’t really want to add you the list lol.

toady has got me thinking now, JB and the slough / cabbage poem lol, who likes cabbage? Who hates it? Who refuses to eat it? I don’t mind it all eat a lot of it well when stomach is ok 🤢. My sis hates and never eats it, silly woman lol.

Bye for now all. Tc, xx

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 385

Had to stop for a moment when I reached the fry up. I'm trying out some Tumeric and Black Pepper, but not sure if it goes with fry ups when its in a capsule. Also got some ground Tumeric powder which would probably go better, I don't seem to mind the taste. If my Mrs would let me put some on I would try it. I cant notice a great difference. Maybe I recovered faster from the latest flare up in a day instead of in a week. It's all a bit subjective when it comes to trying something new.

• toady

Hi all, just a quick one as I have had to make a longish phone call 😬 not my favourite thing but there we are, so I didn't post earlier in the interests of having a quick nap beforehand. All ok with me, bit tired but not too bad and actually it was quite a nice day.. many many birdies enjoying the weather and splashing in the bird bath and squeaking around the garden playing hopping on pots and up twigs and in and out of things 😊 Mrs B fine & has been spotted in the front and back gardens.. and going into her nest.. so she may indeed be planning a sequel frog, it would be at least her third if not fourth. Never mind, I accept that chick-monitoring is my life now 😂 so what will be will be. Sleek did make a brief appearance and was a great help as she gave 'arch-nemesis kitty' an extremely nasty look which should have put the frighteners up her & no mistake 🙀. She was actually not tooo grouchy about having been left because she didn't want to come with you to where all that water is - ugh, horrid stuff. But that's a lovely sky today ⛅️ makes all the difference - hope the locals were not busy admiring the view themselves, of you, before dressing 🤭. Bit more painting today, another stint should see me able to at least put some things back thank goodness and get at the other wall (by the way, edges? I have to worry about edges?!) I'm just sitting here now trying to buy some curtains.. relatively simple you'd think but no, all my windows are non-standard drops 🙄 no idea what everyone else around here does about that. Have a lovely rest of weekend 😊 xx

Hello bosh I had a much better night, ta so not feeling too bad. I had kale with lunch which is the cabbage family I guess, I do like savoy cabbage as well, anything with some texture/bit crinkly etc - I'm not quite as keen on the flat leaved sort like white cabbage. Broccoli is another story don't get on well with that no idea why as it's all similar you'd think. Anyway I do kind of agree with Betjeman, more cabbage less people haha one day Nature will take everything back ✌️ Slough included. Hopefully you can trust cabbages not to start wars or pollute things. Although when they take over will they be nicer to those that used to like them and eat them or vice versa? 🤔 not sure if your sis would be on their blacklist, or you & I 😄 anyway glad the EF got off alright on their trip not sure if you meant they were already there & you'd heard from them (as you said BR was being good etc), hope all's well anyway, glad you got a good walk in and good luck for tomorrow's bloods, have a good night :) xx

Joan yes the weather is much nicer today brighter too & less windy. Hope things ok with you and it was nice to take the dogs out. Have a good new week it has not felt like Sunday to me so I'm not sure what tomorrow will feel like! Have a good night xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara and I will be putting the kettle on shortly for anyone passing 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    edited 4. Jul 2022, 05:55

Morning everyone

I found the kettle so must stick it on

Morning to Mike if you see this. We are all here thinking of you and still hoping you are recovering well from your treatment. Soon I think all being well you should feel much better ((())) xxx

Morning Joan how are you doing today? and Sue of course how is she? I think Kitty was much better although she said her antibiotics were for a bit longer than most people's due to her lungs. ((())) xxx

Reshmi your sister ate a substantial breakfast? Well that is very very impressive indeed. You think BR is a good influence? BIL is maybe not😉 hehe! He is eating everything in sight including possibly small children???? He will have to get his belly out on the beach that might make him think twice when he gets home afterwards. I bet BR was very very popular on the plane the little darling and LA very chatty😁

Well done you going for a proper walk I bet it took it out of you! It would you haven't been able to for weeks. Not the vampire witch nurse then today? Let's hope it's the one who gets your blood in one go.

I have three large cabbages in my garden which are ready to eat. I am trying to decide what to do with them.....they are the dark green type and it's slightly the wrong time of year for cabbages to eat......best think....🤨any ideas?

The staff are more polite at Waitrose! and Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer. Just a different attitude or expectation from their management perhaps?

Lovely to see you @Baloo I know what you mean about the subjectivity of eating things to try to help ourselves....I suggest you sprinkle a little of your turmeric on your food once it's on the table. I do that with chia seeds 😊

Toady just a quick pop in is fine no apology ever needed.

Sleek would definitely see off any naughty kitties who might come in your garden she owns yours (the whole of our village including the Church) as well as Kitty's bungalow!

Oh No Mrs B!! Not another 'litter'😂 looks like you have a job for life there. The number of starling I am seeing here is ludicrous must be 60 or so eating the bugs in the grass. Not a lot of variety here just them and the seagulls one crow with a white head (really!) and I thought I heard maybe a curlew yesterday.....

I inspected from outside and the neighbours can't see in unless the light is on so I can stay in my dressing gown all day if I want to😉 I won't though home today.

Sorry to say it but you do have to try not to go over the edges a bit really.....😒 New curtains....non standard drop, not so easy and thick enough to keep the warm in and light out too is a must.

Woo-oooo! To Barbara if you happen by I hope all is well and the family are all doing ok.

I keep forgetting to ask about your brother.

I need to tell Kitty about her book as she is struggling to get online.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) how are you feeling I hope a bit better now. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) how can you tell Mrs B from all the other birds. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) How is Mr B (()) getting on with his hip. Have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Baloo (()) I hope the Tumeric helps you have a good day.

Toni (()) how his your back after the long journey. Have a good day love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how is your tummy today. Love to your mum (())

Mike (()) how are you we care about you and vixen (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 4. Jul 2022, 12:56

Hi toady 🐸 how are you today?

i had a blood test today which seemed to go okay Vampire nurse was holiday it looks as long as she hasn’t gone to Spain lol.

BR etc were being good on the plane I saw some pics but they reach there now and seen more pics, there is a really funny picture of LA in the hotel restaurant looking at a mountain of doughnuts as if all his holidays have come at once haha, oh dear pack the antacids.

no bloods tomorrow unless they change their mind at last min goodness for that

The cabbages taking over the world now there’s a thought lol i think by then toady the cabbages will be so hungry that they’ll eat anything or anyone that crosses their path lol.

im not too bad today thanks tho stomach was playing up in the morning def feeling cooler than yesterday but it’s quite nasty outside still at least for me hope your day goes well and Take care. Xx

Ps pic is of pollen free flowers lol. Xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺 how are you today?

Have you come back from your brief hol? Okay Toni i May have got a bit carried away I think bill may draw the line at eating small children lol 😂. Had blood test today seem to go okay no vampire nurse at least 😀, no bloods tomorrow as far as I’m aware and thank goodness for that my arm needs a holiday lol, stomach has been bothering me for a while recently pains been getting worse et cetera so doctor phoned me and said she needs to do some more tests basically, One of the receptionists may have caught me talking about her to another receptionist was just being frank not rude anyway beyond caring about some receptionists and their evil eyes 👀, lol, yeah I agree about Waitrose staff etc I think poss management tell them to be polite. Yes EF really seem to be enjoying the holiday got sent such a funny pic this morning of LA in the breakfast room with his eyes popping out of his head as he encounters a massive mountain of doughnuts lol lucky boy if I just looked at those doughnuts my stomach would start to ache again in the lovely acute way it seems to be doing a lot of the time 🤢.

Feeling too bad atm thanks Toni all things considered

just wanted to reassure you about lithium because my mum said and I agree with her that’s I’m not in at an acute stage Mental Health wise they’re just trying to get dosage right and it’s not like before when I need to see one million mh specialists and etc and at least the gp has seen me face-to-face so she must’ve done some kind of basic assessment of the mh variety. Also I’m starting to feel a little bit better already in some ways skin is a bit less dry and headaches a bit less too 😄. Got to go now unfortunately otherwise won’t get everything done I’ll try to post again later hope you’re having a lovely day and take care. Xx

ps saw this cabbage recipe on Pinterest haven’t looked at it properly at all but could be vegan take care. Xx

• bosh

Hi Sue

Nice to hear from you I’m not too bad in general thanks but the stomach is not so good doctor has talked to me tho - she will do some tests mum is okay hope you and Sue have a good day bye for now take care. Xx

Ps pic is LA’s breakfast lol. Tc.xx

• bosh

greetings baloo sorry meant to write that long time ago nice to hear from you.

• bosh

hi again Toni 🌺 toady 🐸 Joan and Barbara etc i know I’ve been relatively quiet today but had blood test in afternoon more or less and then had to get some things done as I was too tired to do yesterday anyway am relatively relaxed but my tummy isn’t that relaxed at the moment tbh 🤢Anyway at least at the docs are looking into things 😀.

it was also good of course that I didn’t have vampire nurse today of course ha ha.

toady I just wanted to say I noticed coincidentally that today is Alice in Wonderland day so I found this pic of a mad hatter cake, don’t worry I can’t eat it either lol now I’m thinking about the last time I ate a proper cake anyway let’s not dwell on that today lol, just take it as an aesthetically pleasing collection of high sugar and calories that only LA can eat now and then although i think he needs a break after consuming the doughnut Mountain lol, hope things went okay with you today Toni toady Joan and Barbara?

okay so signing off for now have a nice night and remember this is a picture it’s not an invitation to go crazy on the icing haha. Tc all. Xx

• toady
    edited 4. Jul 2022, 22:28

Hi all, rather late & disorganized so just to say hello.. I won't say sorry it's short (I don't know why I say that anyway frog, especially as it usually isn't all that, by the end 😂 ) but there is not much to tell anyway. Funny sort of day did not get much done, & most things I started doing did not go well (trying to set up this new phone and well, if anyone understands vodafone's payg then all I'm saying is I admire your intellectual brilliance 🙄). Did a little in the garden, nothing very thrilling - must pot up tulip bulblets from ones I lifted, I think that's right that you do that now not in the autumn? Birdies all fine and all quiet on the cat front, thank you Sleek. Not sure what time you were setting off today but hopefully by now someone is mollified and purring 😽. If we can believe that there is going to be a mini heatwave shortly you were away at the right time to not be baking in a hot car by the sound of it! 😎 ☀️ Hope you all have a good night.

Just a quick hi to bosh too, no bloods tomorrow oh good well hopefully they will definitely stick to that 👍️ they seem to be doing a decent job of monitoring you and looking into your stomach situation ie taking you seriously etc which is good. Glad to hear all well with the holidaying EF and hope somebody helped LA out with those doughnuts to save him from himself 🍩. Alice in Wonderland Day, how cool, I expect people do interesting themed things for that 😀 I think I could manage a piece of Alice cake (well cakes in the book do say Eat Me don't they so it would be bad manners not to 😉) although tonight I think I would more likely be asleep in the teapot like the dormouse, than awake enough for tea parties 😴. I love the garden in the pic I wish my sunflowers were that tall! (I am not going to admit how tall mine actually are Toni will be listening 😂 they are an embarassment this year 😳). Have a good night don't let the cabbages bite :) xx

Hello Joan hope you have had a nice day, weather quite pleasant overcast enough not to be too hot outdoors. I can tell Mrs B (and Mr) because being a fairly small garden there's only enough territory for one blackbird pair, also they get used to you like Barbara's so they come over for food and you get to know their habits &c. Sometimes you do see more than one male or female if it's a male Mr B will see them off, haven't seen another female around this year. Have a good day tomorrow it will be warming up but more towards the end of the week than the next few days I think. xx

Hope Kitty can get online sometime and the antibiotics are coming to an end🤞😘 xx

Love to Barbara of course 😊 xx

hello to to Baloo who I didn't see earlier (one of those page-refresh hiccups), interesting to hear how you're getting on with the capsules, very true what you say that it's hard to tell for certain if something helps - really you need two of yourself, one to compare with! - but if you think it may have helped shorten a flare that would be great obviously 👍️ good luck with it & hope things not too bad with you in general :) x

Must go to bed or I will be in exactly the same position, running behind all day 🙄 not much to do tomorrow so no excuse not to pack off at the birds' bedtime & get into better habits. 'Night all & thinking of those not in at the moment love to everyone xx

• frogmorton

Morning Everyone who pops in old or new

The kettle is boiling

Mike if you pop in we all still check every day to see if you are well enough to drop by. I do hope you are finished with your treatment and recovering now sending you strength and ((())) xxx

Morning Joan thanks it's nice to be home it always is really with my pusskin and Lucy and her Winnie-cat too. How are you doing are the dogs ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am very glad to hear you are having the day 'off' of blood tests! I bet your arm does need a rest honestly! I'm not pleased to hear how much your stomach is hurting either I agree with the Dr it needs looking into... Oh dear the receptionist overheard you talking about her😯maybe she needed to!

To be fair I don't think BIL is likely to eat small children or animals either come to that!!! How lovely to hear what a great time they are all having. Bless (big boy) LA overawed by all those yummy (naughty) doughnuts! I hope BIL saved the poor boy at least one!!

I am glad to hear you are ok MH wise and that really just getting your longer term Lithium levels right is all that needs doing. Thanks for the reassurance 🙂 The GP would definitely have been looking for any worrying signs and you also probably know what to look for I know Kari does. ((()))

We are indeed home to the usual post holiday washing ⛰ mountain🙄 Working my way steadily through it...

Thanks for the recipe they sound rather yum don't you think? I might give Kari one of my cabbages too I know she will know what to do. I might prepare some blanch and freeze some too then there will be space to grow something else 🤗

Toady it's so nice to be home with my pusskin. She has been very busy so she said checking on Kitty and calling at yours to scare away any naughty cats who might fancy eating small chicks.....

Yes a heatwave I need to be HERE to protect my garden and water hanging baskets etc. It is a long journey about 4 hours without the necessary comfort breaks. If the heatwave had arrived we would have been struggling you are right.

Well done sorting your baby tulips bulbs yes now is the time. Do you have enough pots? I still want MORE!!!!!!! Can't help it it's necessary.

Ate a load of my salad leaves last night with a baked spud and some mixed beans so nice and healthy. To be fair when you self cater you can remain healthy even when you're away. I think Reshmi's family won't find it so easy in Spain! I just need to eat the cabbages soon they are taking up so much space and I want to plant more stuff!!!!

Don't be embarrassed about your sunflowers mine didn't even come up!😳

Better post this Lucy needs a lift to work...Odd time but at least not 'a night'

Food!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are feeling better today. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) we have a big garden we are on the end of a row of bungalows. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) yes we are alright and the dogs thank you. How is Oreo doing. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you have had your blood test have a good day and your mum (())

Mike (())we are thinking about you take care love to vixen

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi all sorry v tired today will poss post properly later. Xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Hello all sorry can't really read much

Our car has broken down thank goodness fir rac bring us home from the shop ..but can't be mended yet its a big job apparently 😪

Had blood and wee results ..inflammation and more ecoli 😒

I did see that Toadys Mrs B is OK 😁we have 2 family's but not sure how many young there are wish we could see the nest xx

Toni were are you now ..like most people I feel at home by the sea..thanks for asking my brothers not good but hanging in there xx

Joan it was lovely to see both niece's one we list fir 40 years ..but found her through Facebook love to all of ypu xx

Reshmi I'm loving some of the pic you put on ..hope all us OK with you xx

Love to Mike and Kitty xx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    edited 5. Jul 2022, 16:33

Hi Toni 🌺toady 🐸 Barbara and Joan how are you all doing today? Blood tests for me so I’ve mentioned before so that was good all these tests are completely finished at least it’s better than having a daily vampire nurse experience ha ha.

hi again toady 🐸so the cabbages bite people in their sleep as well? Oh dear i May have nightmares tonight lol.

This is meant to be a brief or “from memory message “ as it were so forgive me if I’ve forgotten some points as I haven’t done my neck physio yet. Who finished the doughnuts is anyone’s guess but my money is def on bill lol.

hi again Toni 🌺 How are things going with you this afternoon? Laundry Mountain? oh dear sounds exhausting I hope your back is okay? mine is more or less okay at the moment thanks, in the summer I sleep on the not so good mattress in the daytime which isn’t so good for my back, but without it I’d be getting very sleep at all potentially ☹️ But atm back is Bearable and the cushions of course do help too. Yes I’m sure Bill must’ve saved LA at least one doughnut 🍩 otherwise mummy would’ve dispensed one of her terrifying killer looks 👀lol. Yes looks Like a nice recipe but to be honest I don’t really want to talk about yummy food right now because I don’t know if I’ll be able to eat any ever again exaggeration of course but that’s what it feels like 🤢.

hi Joan I’m not too bad today thanks yes its good that I have no b test today hope you and Sue are having a nice afternoon, Tc. Xx

hi Barbara how are things with you Mr B? I’m not too bad atm thanks, Tc. Xx

ps pic is just a nice image I found online. Tc. Xx

• toady

Hi all, well this definitively is a very quick one - I have just called in for a stiff cup of tea and a sitdown as I have just seen something nasty (of the spidery variety) in the garage when I went to read the elec meter. Meter reading began with 666, and, well 😱 highly appropriate, enough said. Shudder. I may well still be sitting here when Toni opens up in the morning, too unnerved to go to bed 😂 alternatively, if I'm not in at all tomorrow, perhaps someone could come & check if I've been wrapped up in a cocoon. 😬

Apart from that all well, have had a good day (much better than yesterday, for no reason just felt totally different, most peculiar if you ask me but no two days being the same just seems to be what life thinks of as fun). So have been catching up on some odds & ends, chilling a bit, not much work done - not a washing or ironing pile in sight frog 😉 all right for some. Glad you had a good trip back and will catch up soon :) xx

Hello to bosh, and hope you have had a not too bad day all things considered, & that you have a good night - don't worry about the cabbages they only bother people who don't like them, how are you with lettuce? lettuces help you sleep, who knows they might read you a story & send you off with nice dreams 😴. Ok toady go to bed before you get any sillier (but they do help you sleep, apparently). Have a good day tomorrow will be in for a longer post hopefully :) xx

Quick hello to Joan, I expect you get a lot of variety of birds in a larger garden, do you get squirrels or other visitors hedgehogs &c. Have a good day tomorrow and love to Sue & the dear dogs xx

Barbara sorry to hear of your troubles 😕 life has no business being mean to you. Hope you are not without the car too long either. I would love to see Mrs B's nest 🐣 no idea how she managed to share such a small tree with nesting robins but they seemed to get on alright, I will round a few pics up soon (bit too superstitious to do it while I still feel nervous about their safety). Love to all 😘 xx

Best to Kitty too xx

and goodnight to everyone here & not here at present xx

• frogmorton
    edited 6. Jul 2022, 05:54

Morning everyone who calls in 'old' and new! The kettle as always is boiling

A quick post to our Mike in case he feels up to calling in. Mike we are all still checking in every day hoping to see your name. Sending lots of strength and ((())) xxx

Morning Joan I am glad to hear you are both well and teh dogs too now all teeth are fixed. Oreo had a check up yesterday the vet is very pleased he can go outside after 2 weeks and they don't need to see him again! AMAZING!! Thanks for asking ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am so sorry you don't feel like you could eat ever again. I know you are exaggerating a bit, but a sore belly is just horrible isn't it because eating is kind of essential.

Unless you are BIL then it's a hobby if not a vocation!!! I am sure LA got at least one doughnut I think I can imagine your sister's 'look' I am quaking in my 👢 just thinking about being on the receiving end of such a look!

Cabbages are nothing compared to that look. Talking of which I took a cabbage over to Kari's and gave my Charley's wife some kale for their bearded dragons - they love it!!

No more bloods EVER would be lovely but at least not every day now for you😊

My back is ok ish it's the hip really ATM I think from a different mattress when away. I see you and I share a dislike of mattresses which don't suit us 🙄

I hope you manage a walk today I hope I do too yet another busy day ahead here😕

Morning Barbara lovely to see you.

Not the car?! No! I do hope you can sort out another one soon this is not what you need. Poor Mr B has only just got back behind the wheel!

My Dudley has just had a 'new' (2nd hand) door fitted after his close encounter with a bollard a while back. That bollard jumped out at ME!!

More ecoli? Does that mean more ABs?

We were up in Newbiggin in Northumberland home now it was just a long weekend.

I am so sorry your brother is struggling😔 has done so well from that initial diagnosis I hope he is being looked after. These ((())) are for you.

Morning Toady Don't worry I am here HazMat suit on and will protect you. We need Kitty I shall have a word she is not at all afeared of such 8 legged people and will kindly move yours on for you.

how are you this soon-to-be sunny day? Up on bird watch or are you having a rest yet?

The washing and ironing mountain has shrunk a little. Not as much as I'd like with all the other stuff there is do do ferrying people about....Lucy DIL etc. At least found welcome homes for one (very large) cabbage - Kari and a bag of kale leaves - Charley's Bearded 🐲 dragons.

I also would love to see pics of Mr and Mrs B and the chicks maybe you take take the pics just not post them until the danger has passed?

Sleek will be over later after she's checked on Kitty which must be where she is now......

Kitty me duck if you are able to call in - think reception was better in hospital🙄 - we all check in on you every day too. Still no sign at all of Mike though😕I know you worry.

Take care everyone