Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Aug 2022, 05:52
    Options

Morning everyone

The kettle's on

I am so upset to read about the monsoons in Pakistan those poor poor people😓

Morning Joan I take lansoprazole too 30mg too even with that I get acid reflux like you. So Sue doesn't take sugar or salt (that's excellent) she can't cut down there then can she? Lucy and Winnie are doing really well. The flat is lovely though I miss them both way too much I go over most days. She is going to cook for us this weekend coming! Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Oh my gosh I am sure Kitty has news for us very very soon.....what's occurring Kitty?

Morning Reshmi well I am glad to see our friend is back on form (posts in installments works for me). A slight MTX hiccup excepted of course get well soon and may the Festival noise cease now please.

Love the poem😊

Spock was the best though I also liked bones....

Bil's ancestral pile is rather lovely he is a lucky boy. It sounds as though the celebrations went very well you know with BIL happily hoovering up all the sweetest most fattening 🧐 stuff....

Maybe LLF was after doing some special occasion celebratory lunch? Yes best to tell a white lie rather than try to explain yet again about MTX she sounds nothing like Joan's Sue at all I agree. Did you arrange another time though?

The fall was part pure accident and part mobility issues. She hasn't got much feeling in her feet for one, two the step is very high, three she was carrying hot food and wanted to put it down and 4 the bench was in 'the wrong' place. Bless her she's doing ok though.

BTW my brother had hyperthyroidism for a while they gave him propranolol for his palpitations but in the end they 'nuked' his thyroid as they thought it was putting too much pressure on his heart. Now he has hypothyroidism like me. I would HATE having palpitations your friend is very self controlled.

Have a good day and take it steady yourself.

Morning Toadster how the diddly are you? I'll bring my bamboos over (the longest ones) and we'll definitely do 'the ol' bamboo'😂 Can you imagine it? us stamping around with our slightly less than perfect hair in our garden clogs?

I love a mock orange the smell is delectable . Go for it they are pretty hardy I don't think you'll regret it. I started cutting back yesterday some of the catmint and the lavender to keep them under control for next year.

We still say pokey pola! Boom boom!!!

You'd get on well with my nephew if you don't like phones. I don't mind them toooo much except if it's someone who talks for England - oh could that be me?! Maybe it is😳 Sundays are no longer sacred are they? Nope do what you jolly well like.

The lady who fell is doing ok bless her she's such a good person always helping someone. She bakes, makes jam (and yummy marmalade), walks old people's dogs etc etc I'm sure she'll be ok I will make certain they sort out where everything is positioned for next year. Now she had just done mine and Kari's vegan burgers....even though I stayed with her until she left for hospital (at least half an hour) it was still warm enough to eat!!

The good thing is that we had a really good time at my poorly friend's house her, her wife (my 'original friend if that makes sense?) me and Paul. I deliberately wore my baggy dungarees so Paul could call me Coco, every 5 minutes to make her laugh. Saved up plenty to tell them as much silly stuff as possible. All good but by the heck she is thin such a worry.

Today already looks nicer than yesterday - outside we go!

Take care everyone

Toni xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day with not too much pain. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) good luck with your selling. How is Mr and Mrs blackbird getting on. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) i hope everything is alright there. Have a good day. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I login did my post I was not login now I’m back her with some of the post done. I’m sorry you have so many problems. I miss Mike it’s as if he’s on holiday and will be back I bet he’s talking to Aidan.

that’s good Lucy is happy and it’s nice to have a meal you have not cooked. That’s good the lady is feeling better. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you fell better today does your mum (()) have Arthritis have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi all good morning

will post properly later. Xx

ps pic is quirky tea tin I found online, lol. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Oh Dear me where is the morning and some of the afternoon gone?

hi toady 🐸just wanted to say I do vaguely remember Basil Brush but I may have been watching reruns at the time, not sure lol, hope you’re well today? Xx

hi to the Toni 🌺

how are you? Okay so this is a quick from memory message at least that’s my aim ha ha, very sorry to hear about your brothers thyroid problem, birthday celebrations went well for everyone else I really felt very ill on Monday with my stomach though it’s a misunderstanding though my mum meant well 😀 lovely to see the kids of course but LA has grown even more naughty with opening everything he could find my presents Amazon deliveries oh dear… anyway I won’t go on too much about his lovely but a mischievous antics not enough time right now, as for LLF well she once told me these invitations are meant to happen about once a month that’s if she doesn’t forget or whatever but really less bothered about it now to be honest with you anyway what happens with her happens, but as for eating baked beans and bubble and squeak on a mxt hangover day, “a no means no” as LA is fond of saying now lol 😂.

So if I try and answer this point by point I’m going to get nowhere at all sorry Toni it’s just I had to book my blood test and that was a massive hassle as you well know 🤢

ok so my aim is to use the shower before a DV situation, I hope you’re having a nice day T , it has gone fairly cold hasn’t it? at least over here anyway I def prefer it to the heat bye for now take care. Xx

hi Joan how are you today? I’m not too bad thank you take care xx

👋 Barbara xx

ps first pic is a “nutritious” tea set, haha

second pic is another funny tea tin, lol. Tc everyone , xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    edited 30. Aug 2022, 20:49
    Options

Hello all 👋 whoever has had bosh's morning and afternoon had mine as well, and then came after my evening too 😮. This has not been my day, I bought the mexican orange blossom last night quite late thinking don't procrastinate, get on with it for a change.. this morning the price dropped. Not having ever done so before in the time I've been keeping my eye on these plants, or having done in the past for that matter. 🙄 I've also been trying to research a couple of other items and wrestle with a tech issue having no joy at all. Hey ho, these are tiddly little problems in the scheme of things and the news, as you say frog, but we all still spend part of our days tutting and fuming about trivial things 😳 so will hereby stop. No news really so mostly a couple of pics - Mrs B's beautiful new 'pin feathers' 😍 isn't she doing well & isn't nature clever - if only we shed our 'mops' and grew a completely new lot that quickly! She loves sitting on those bricks, and also she sits and sunbathes on a daft little net-curtain covered flat frame I made as a temporary coldframe cover and which she has adopted as her own haha. Also on isn't nature marvellous theme, one example runner bean - that size today, from being a blossom, in under 3 weeks since I posted. I love beans 😊. A couple of my tomatoes which are my first ever grown up tomatoes so if they can just squeak in and ripen I will be v excited. And lastly a sunflower that made it to, ooh, all of 4 foot 😂 will it flower - stay tuned.🌻 I too am cutting back my lavender, always feel I should do something with the sacksful of cuttings, do they compost for you? Glad you had as good a visit as possible to your friend's, and that you are seeing plenty of Lucy. Too windy for me to call today nice but hope it suited you, and have a good one tomorrow :) xx

Hi bosh, I love the tea tins, I even looked up to see if you can get them, they mostly seems to be in US shops. And not all that cheap but I suppose that's fair enough. The cabbage ware is fab too 😀 sorry the time thief has made off with most of your day, feels like Monday again, too. Hope you are having not too bad an evening even though it's been a bit of a hassle-y day. I have been known to have the odd palpitation, mostly when I've been more inflammatory - I get 'missed beats' too occasionally. Not very nice anyway, and your friend obviously copes well and has some v admirable personality qualities, so it's good that he has overcome some of his past and is in a better position now which seems only just (not that life is just very often, to those who deserve it 🙄). Anyway I ought to turn off here and I really out to go for a walk for at least 10 mins.. can I manage to 'boldly go' up the road I ask myself or not 🤔 will report back! And on that subject I must say sorry to everyone for failing to do my bold typing yesterday for about the 3rd time. Well done getting the bloods booked at least, is it Thurs? Will chat again tomorrow :) xx

Hello to Joan and Sue, hope you have had a good day - thank you (about the selling), I hope to make a bit of spare space one day but there is not much sign of it yet 🤔 I suppose I bring things in too and it cancels out what goes out 😄. Mr and Mrs Blackbird are fine, Mrs B is regrowing her feathers in her tail, Mr B is not moulting quite as much not yet anyway, just a little raggledy looking. Have a good day tomorrow :) xx

Hello Kitty and Barbara, sorry I have not bolded properly lately 😑 you have not missed much - here is a pic of Mrs B and her new feathers, which will be better than anything I've been writing about, but will post some news or something as well next time 😘 xx

• toady
    Options

Mrs B growing her new tail 🤩 and a nearly-sunflower

• toady
    Options
  • bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Wppl xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

I will put the kettle on then tell you some news....

Right well I had a phone call yesterday and our @Kitty is in the bungalow!!!!!!! She is eating what she wants watching her favourite stuff on TV. The carers are lovely and she already has plans to attract birds to her garden☺️ Isn't that fabulous Sleek has already been for tea!

Morning Joan that is so frustrating about not being logged in I check every day now. Is it when our laptops or ipads update or something? Lucy is already planning the menu for us for Friday. You know I am pretending that Mike is just away too! I bet he has met Aidan now! I heard from Bill at the weekend he had been to see Mandy remember her Aidan and Bill's old neighbour? You take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi - I love those 'healthy' cups can we use them? I'm sure the tea will taste fine not of cabbage 😁How are you today has your stomach settled back down to it's usual state of 'not great but ok' like mine?

LA is that 'that age' is he? I remember one of my nieces thinking everything was for her and opening everything in sight spoiling other people's enjoyment really, but they do grow out of it🤞

I think you don't need to see LLF if it suits and it's not baked beans and bubble and squeak on MTX hangover day🤢 then lovely. You have plenty of people in your life, but nice to see her if it suits you too. Talking of other people are you going to get to the group this week do you think? Both or just one?

Weird weather it is cold particularly first and last thing, but if you get in the sun it's HOT!!! I hope to get my walk in today. I hope your day is good

BTW I love those tea tins! They are fabulous😊 I got you some posh Ceylon tea from Harrods

Morning Barbara how are you doing today? I hope not too bad. The weather has certainly got a bit cooler, but gosh there's still heat in that sun!

Have you seen any of the family lately? Your niece, brother or even your long lost niece? of course the adorable Niamh?

All is well here I am missing lucy and Winnie, but they have to get on with their lives don't they? xxxx

Morning Toady how are you today? I think I might get a bit of gardening in today - not much I am having a cuppa with my lovely neighbours this afternoon.

That is so typical the mock orange price dropping just after you bought it😣 I think I'd be fuming, but you must forget it it was a fair price anyway and you want it and will give it a good home.

Oh Mrs B's feathers look lovely they will soon be prefect, (I think ours will stay as it is and we'll cope!) nature is indeed wonderful. What a sweetheart sitting there and on the cold-frame cover like she does. It makes you feel loved doesn't it?😊 Nature is also wonderful to give us that fruit and veg from tiny little 🌱 seeds💗You just need sun on your grown up tomatoes and they turn red.

It's windy here too, but I still think it's ok just makes my hair worse!! I wear my overalls and get too hot still I have to move around the garden dodging the sunshine when it's too hot! I haven't composted my lavender maybe we could though? I put it in our green bin, but a quick google says it's ok to compost so maybe we should be keeping it🤨

Right I'd better get some clothes on and go and feed Tia's pusskins.

I'll try to get a pic of Oreo the one who was run over so you can all see how he is now.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I’m pleased you are in your bungalow that’s good you can do whatever you want have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s a good photo of Mrs B. Have a good day it’s getting colder.

Barbara (()) I hope all is well there. Have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) thank you for saying about Kitty’s move how lovely and good carers. How are you. It gets darker in the evening’s now. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) does the cold make you feel worse. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    Options

Hi all - thank you for the tea frog, it was my 4th of the day counting bosh's - I was woken up by various cat yowlings, magpie squawkings, robin alarm calls at other cat sightings (in the garden 😠) & so on, every hour on the hour or so it felt. Not sure how much sleep I got but can't have been that much, so I'm a bit incoherent - nobody accept a drink from me today, it will probably have gravy browning in it or something. Will keep mine shortish today in case I don't call again but just to get my basic hellos in - thank you for Kitty's news 😺 own food and routine and TV, oh glory 😀 and I can't wait to hear about any birdies. Hope everything ok with you frog and have a nice afternoon at the neighbours :) I may not get in the garden much but I am going out and moving my toms round to the sun when I remember haha 🍅 . I shan't grumble about the plant price drop, main thing is if they're nice plants & the sale price doesn't reflect the tail end of stock, hopefully should be fine. Nothing will be on way yet of course owing to RM still. I must get on with the rounding up of pots and cutting down of things that have gone over, soon, before the untidiness gets away from me. I did get out for a walk last thing (& acquired a couple of handy bricks for my collection from a skip only round the corner - I may make another ninja trip out under cover of darkness tonight 😂), sadly I did not see any 'new life or new civilizations', just the same old locals 😂. Yes Bones was always very good and oh for one of those lovely diagnostic gadgets, but I'm not sure I'd want to know what it would report if he ran it up & down me today 🤔.

Hello bosh & if I don't see you later have a good day, I will be sleeping through some of mine I imagine, did not get much last night too many noises. I forgot to admire the lovely little pumpkin witch, what a kindly looking witch you wouldn't mind running into on a dark night, would you - I'm trying not to think that I set myself a target list of jobs to get done by Hallowe'en at the latest, not sure I'm going to make it unless I knuckle down and get into a better routine & no late nights poking round the internet, ahem 😳. Thank you for the early morning tea I was very glad of it 👍️ I did have a little walk yesterday see above post to Toni, not sure about today - if you've already had yours hope it was a good one :) xx

Hello joan, yes it is definitely colder, I was out early in the garden and there was such a nip in the air. Not too bad now but windy. Hope you are both well today and the dear dogs, hope the cyst is not bothering her. xx

Kitty 😺 so pleased to hear your news and full steam ahead garden, and birdies, they will be so glad to have you as their 'friend' and not a non-nature type person 👍️🐦️ xx

Love to Barbara, I am half awake thanks to the local cat population 😼 - see you another day 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you this is definitely from memory message and a tiny one and since my memory can be a bit unpredictable in its glory ha ha I’m very sorry if I’ve only covered a tiny amount of points etc, yes little kids do tend to generally grow out of bad behaviour don’t they? that’s def a good thing to look forward to 👍. Yes I did Go to the group today thanks, Tuesday one I’ve only gone once so far but it’s fairly laid-back , anyway I’ll see how it goes with that one.

I didn’t walk today, other than in a little bit in the town centre but there were some steps involved but that was okay I tackled them slowly 😀.

day isn’t going to badly thanks Toni family are all okay including EF

hows L and Paul?

another exciting lithium blood test tomorrow 😂

id better go now before I fall asleep take care , hope you had a good walk and have a nice afternoon. Xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan how are you and Sue today?

I don’t mind the cold as long as it doesn’t get extremely cold and long as I’m warmly clothed of course, does the cold affect you very badly? have a nice afternoon and take care. Xx

hi toady 🐸how are you today?

I’m glad you managed a little nocturnal wander ha ha, i’m not too bad thank you bit tired but other than that okay I’ve got a blood test tomorrow thats right but yesterday I was booking the bloods for about two weeks from now , One funny thing I’ve been meaning to tell you is that rheumatology keep me send me loads of blood test forms and they keep saying don’t use the old ones use current batch and all that kind of thing which is very irritating but but anyway I’ve so I’ve stuck post its on the different piles of forms according “form age” or however you want to put it ha ha, and I’ve just noticed that the most recent forms were under a post it which said “most recent and Slough- like blood forms” or something like that lol, whether that means those forms are made of cabbage and made for people who eat a lot of cabbage I’m not quite sure, lol, maybe it means high haemoglobin count that day? I hope so, actually I do remember a doc saying my iron is a bit low but nothing to worry about so I’ll stop worrying then , well maybe for about 5 mins 😂.

Id better go for now otherwise I’ll have to wage the battle of the bathroom hope you’ve caught up on some sleep? take care. Xx

ps salad based tea pot for ladies with low iron count lol. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

I'm putting the kettle on then we can have a cuppa in Bosh's cabbage Teapot

Joan I have definitely noticed how much darker it is in the evenings now. By 8pm you need the light on😒I'm so pleased for Kitty too I'm sure she will be really happy in her new 🏡 home. How are you and Sue doing? I had a cup of tea with my lovely neighbours yesterday they are doing well. ((())) xxx

Morning to Kitty as and when you pop in remember i said just let us know your news don't try to read back to start with! ((())) xxx

Morning Toady how the diddly are you this fine sunny (if a bit breezy) day?

Where are you?

oh there you are! Good luck with your stealthy acquisition of more supplies.....

I had a lovely cuppa (or two) with my neighbours and a good chat and catch up. All is well with them they are just such genuinely lovely people.

I'm sure your mock orange will be the best example and do really well. Any sale ones will be not as good obviously 😉

Not a great start to the day all that racket and a cat in your garden...you think you're the only one who can Ninja eh?

Remind me just how are the plans to potentially move bedrooms about going?

The original Trekkies were just so reassuring weren't they? You just knew they would save the day however they managed it. One day they may well have one of those things to diagnose us. It would be fine as Bones could also fix us too😊

Winnie checking out Lucy's flowers in the flat yesterday

and this for anyone who is interested Joan maybe? is Oreo the wounded soldier all better yesterday morning when I fed him:

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today? All is pretty well here today I am planning to see my sister later.

Good luck with your bloods today i hope it's not 🧛‍♂️ nurse....

Yes luckily little kids change so fast and LA has a good family he will turn into a lovely boy having a younger brother will help too sharing is good. Thanks for letting me know the family are all well I take it no HV yesterday and mum was ok too.

I can't always remember everything people here have said just do our best and not worry too much none of us would take offense. We can't all have memories like that person you know can we. I forget things going from one room to another. Apparently it's a phenomenon doesn't mean I'm getting Alzheimer's (yet!) called the 'doorway effect'.

Well done going to the group; mixing with others outside of the immediate family is always healthy for us. Even if it's just someone in Costa. Take steps steady it's good for our hearts to do them isn't it?

L and Paul are both really well. I am missing lucy and Winnie so I called in yesterday on my way to feed Tia's cats and took the photo above of Winnie smelling Lucy's flowers. I have Paul working hard in the garden putting up a laurel hedge...

Thanks for the cuppas in the snow I bet we'll have some sooner than we expect!

Have a good day.

Love of course to Barbara if your eyes let you in and hope it gets to you anyway even if they don't ((()))

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I bet you are singing has you do your work. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) sorry you had a bad night with the cats chorus and birds as well. I have a Mock orange. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) it’s September now the months go so quick don’t they. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Thank you for the photos Oreo looks lovely and Winnie have a good time with Kari (()) that was good having a chat with your lovely neighbours it’s nice to know they are well. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) good luck with your blood test i hope you have a good nurse. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today? No toady so far? That’s a bit worrying, hopefully she’s just resting😔.

I’m pretty tired myself to be honest, thanks about what you said about not worrying about missing points, I had a blood test this morning but not with the vampire nurse so that was good 👍, A quick trip to Waitrose just to buy a few naughty things like a cheese sandwich but it wasn’t toasted and it’s not methotrexate day so hopefully I’ll be okay and a little bit of vegan chocolate not the whole bar another thumbs up for bosh I believe 👍, sorry I’ll leave the Self - congratulating there lol.

i liked the rose gold posh tea tin by the way

glad L and P are doing well, mum introduced me to great energy drink substitute btw coconut water, is this something you like drinking? I put just a tiny bit of sugar in, but it worked so well, def worth a try I think.

I’ll leave it there for now, as am practically in dreamland, 💤, F and EF are okay thanks.

👋 Joan, yes had good nurse thanks, mum’s ok, Tc for now, v tired.x

ps funny tea tin pic, maybe my dad’s drinking this? Would explain a lot, lol, xx

• bosh
    Options

hi again Toni

it feels odd that toady isn’t here anyway I am sure she will emerge soon 😀

i’m getting a little bit bored so I just write a tiny bit more now I think👍 Still Feeling a bit groggy really so I’ll have a shower fairly soon at least that’s the plan, how was your walk this morning?

I didn’t really manage to walk today just blood test and very tiny bit of wandering around Waitrose

Think you’re right art guy is definitely another source of good material for me it seems the other day he told me that I am having too much sugar which is making my eczema flareup where is he is eczema free now because he’s stopped drinking Coca-Cola which I don’t drink anyway and he has a healthy diet chocolate brownie for breakfast, chips for lunch and vegan chocolate biscuits for supper!! What kind of healthy diet is that? The worst thing is that he eats his breakfast chocolate brownie in the café we go to but it’s a different café so he’s having a Marks & Spencer‘s treat in another shop! Goodness people can be strange and the worst thing is that he’s offering other people brownies too, it’s a good job he hasn’t offered them to me otherwise I might kick him in the stomach as LA once almost did to me ha ha okay not really going to resort to violence but it’s not good is it really? Offering mere acquaintances sugar snacks, what’s the world coming to?

oh dear okay I guess id better get going with things now even though I don’t really feel like it what are you doing in the weekend Toni? anything good? Im not sure yet maybe nothing much really unless there is a thing my sister may be inviting me to but it really depends on which day of the week, methotrexate and you know the rest lol, okay bye for now T , have a nice afternoon take care. Xx

ps pic is wicked witch tea pot, auntie of vampire nurse apparently, lol. Tc. Xx

• toady
    edited 1. Sep 2022, 17:15
    Options

Hello all, did somebody call 😀 I have been in and out reading today, like I usually do (I 'come in' for my early tea, whoever is making 😉) but as far as posting, I often do do it a bit later in the day.. unless I've been up early or know I won't be around in the afternoon etc. Sleep yesterday did not come off as I had an Amazon man (who I was expecting today) tapping at the door, followed by 'DIY Dad' up the road & his drill. Not constantly you understand, just on & off, so that you never knew when it was coming next, or if he may have finished. 🙄 But I did get more sleep last night, have been hanging around half on the alert in case of the builder, but no sign or sound 😕 will have to be chased tomorrow I suppose. Hope things not too bad with you & HV today, yes gunpowder tea could well explain why DV 'goes off'! Hope they are happy with your bloods now they've extracted them from you well at least it was not by vampiric means I suppose that's something. How was Waitrose in terms of being busy, does it tend to be not too bad when you go & do you use self-service tills? I don't know what things supermarkets have in place now for social distancing etc, have they mostly done away with it? 🤔 I am trying to do some online shopping, I sometimes buy top-up food from ama*on etc if I see anything on offer, but I have a £5 off thing and today can't see anything I want. It's where I buy chocolate brownies as it happens 😳 they are gluten free & I only buy them on offer. But at least I'm not claiming they are healthy! they are just part of the fatten up toady plan. Does art guy believe what he says about his diet or is it tongue in cheek 🤨 anyway, bringing your own food to another cafe, sounds like some sort of minor rebellion like walking where it says keep off the grass. Definitely a character (do different people come to the different day groups btw?) I might have a walk later, we'll see.. have a good evening yourself :) xx

Hello frog, how is the room renovation going you ask? Well apart from the fact the paint I backordered isn't here or back in stock yet, and that therefore everything's in chaos til I can get finished, and the fact I really still would rather not have to do it, and the major hitch that if I do sleep in there I will be at the front and not able to hear the birdies SOS calls, you mean? Oh, awfully well 😂 seriously I don't see how I'll get round the cat/bird situation - the ideal spot is where the bathroom is, which doesn't help.. unless I make myself a bedsit in there.. don't think I haven't considered it 😂. Anyway thanks for asking. All the frog family kitties are gorgeous 😍 what a sweetie Willow is, and so lovely to see a well Oreo eating up 😀 gosh little does he know, I expect. I was out in the garden a bit earlier once it warmed up, but gosh it was cold first thing and not just first thing either. It's going to be a long 9 months of grumpy toad from here on, once my shoulders are hunched back up to my ears against the cold, where they go as soon as it 'turns'. You have all been warned. How is the laurel hedge - that will 'take off' for sure, they do, don't they! Is it in a particular open to being overlooked spot & have you said so already (my memory is not brilliant either! mostly names.. most of my Dad's family went 'woolly' so that's something to look forward to.. 😬). Even Bones McCoy could probably not do much for that, but yes he was very comforting (and competent! say no more). I didn't make it out for a walk and a recce in the end yesterday, so I will go tonight but I fear them having taken away my lovely skip as it was full. There were some scavenge-worthy looking things outside another house but right up outside, loose, and I don't have the nerve for creeping up paths or asking people for that matter I am too 🐓😂 but it does pain me to pass up useful stuff. Well as I was telling bosh I have a £5 coupon to spend, so I will sit here & knit my brows til I think of something. Have a good evening :)

Hello joan, I remember the lovely picture of your mock orange it helped decide me into thinking about getting something similar 😊 the difference with this variety is it will keeps its leaves, I don't want something that loses them as I want the density and 'cover' over winter. Hope you're both well and if it's Sue tomorrow have a good Friday :) xx

Waves to Kitty, hope everything's tickety-boo 😊

Hello Barbara 😘 no news except I have been skip-scavenging again, someone will come out one day and catch me skulking about like Granville pretending to be a 'b-burglar' outside Nurse Gladys's house 😂 . Love to all xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady 🐸

nice to hear from you don’t worry I think T and I were worrying too much at least I def was ha ha, not suggesting that no one should eat chocolate brownies of course but having them for breakfast and saying it’s healthy that’s definitely seems a bit weird to me lol.

yes minor rebellion perhaps

He was also telling me about when he was a student he didn’t have a lot of money, well who did? Not most People , so he used to eat a lot of those £1 McDonald’s burgers 🍔, because he was living on such a small budget, would it have killed him to boil up some pasta? Odd

About Waitrose i usually use self-service but sometimes express queue, they’re quite hygienic there, sorry getting tired now, so incomplete reply, I’d look on their website, distancing - think law has changed now, I wouldn’t live in fear of the distancing issue, but as with T and her hosp fears easy for me to say 😀

Regarding Bloods who knows? But thanks for asking though.

have a good night t. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Good night Everybody enjoy your tea. Xx.

• frogmorton
    Options

Good Morning everyone who calls by 'old' or new for a cuppa

The kettle is on

Morning Joan how are you and Sue doing today. Or is it Sue herself? IF so hello Sue I hope you get out today and have a nice time ((())) xxx

Morning Kitty if you pop by I hope all is well in the bungalow. It has rained here overnight which is great I hope you had some too in your new garden. Sending ((())) and of course Sleek with some choc ices in her coolbox. xxx

I see the problem Reshmi! Your Dad has been drinking gunpowder tea😄 that's brilliant I bet that's a strong cuppa there😣 Shall we give that a miss?

Well done getting the bloods done and good it was a nice nurse. You went to Waitrose lucky thing! I see no harm in a cheese sandwich sometimes - we all deserve a treat every now and then. Vegan chocolate too kept the milk to a minimum and you managed to not eat it ALL!!!!👏 You know I think I have tried coconut water and quite liked it. You've reminded me to try it again thanks.

These tea tins are just lovely I think if I didn't see them here I'd want them in real life and potentially turn into a hoarder!!!!

Toady appeared in the end so all was well😊

Art guy is a great source of material! Now those burgers cost i think 99p back when he would have been a student, but surely he could have bought a loaf and a tin of beans probably a packet of pasta or a potato for less?🙄I also don't drink Coca cola like you mainly the sugar and the fizz. You definitely do not overdo the sugar Reshmi eczema is autoimmune not within your control apart from using your creams and emollients of course.

Chocolate brownies for breakfast i think that would really make me feel queasy. 🤢 I wonder what everyone makes of him trying to force feed them all them too! Of course you wouldn't resort to physical violence like LA you are not 3 and know better🤭

I hope you can join your sister we are visiting paul's sister in Weymouth on Sunday hope to be quiet tomorrow although it is Staffordshire Pride this weekend. That is not likely to be as safe as Waitrose which is fine. Bomb in and bomb out in less that 15 minutes gel your hands I am sure you will be fine.

Oooh! Wicked witch of the west teapot! Scary! I prefer the cabbage one😉

Hello Toady! was it another of 'those' days for you yesterday someone drilling and no sign of your paint. What can you do about the birdies' distress calls if Ninja cat get's in? Mmmmm🤔open doors/windows? Will that help? Sleeping in the bathroom would help them, but absolutely not YOU! Another cat has gone missing in the parish I am quite worried to be honest. I hope Sleek is safe as she is very shy and would not go near anyone except family and as she was 13 yesterday is inside a lot more now.

Winnie is adorable so affectionate as for Oreo I think he is indeed in blissful ignorance about how much he cost and how much he scared everyone. There are others too you know Grandcats. I will try to get pics.... oh and Grand-dragons! Can you cope with a pic of one eating some of my chard? I'll pop one at the end for you to see.

Yesterday I planted Christmas new potatoes, some more kale (a later variety) some more beets (only 1 had emerged) some kos lettuce and some radishes lets see what happens. I am frantically winding my composters as the soil there is very deficient in worms very poor needs picking up.

The laurel hedge is safe for now, as it overlooks a field, but no doubt at some point it will become houses so for now we will keep it low ready to grow higher if needs be. It is actually partly to screen and protect the raspberries and gooseberries I want this side of it. Must take some pics as things progress.

I wouldn't have the nerve to ask someone if they were getting rid of something to be fair, but I really hope the skip is still there waiting for you🤞Our tip has a 'shop' where they rescue things for people to buy at a very nominal cost/

You have a voucher? Oh lucky you what fun, but l bet it leads to you spending £15!! Well it would me anyway!

Woolly hat on Toady and the weather is much easier to cope with. I think it will be okish again soon after this few days of rain which our gardens are desperate for.

A quick wave to Barbara who will probably pop in today I hope. Sending ((())) to you and hopes that all is well with you and all the family. ((())) xxx

guaranteed cholesterol and fat free honestly! Vegan option available as always!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) you must feel a different person in your bungalow and you have good carers. Have a good weekend. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) is your mock orange white or can you get other colours. Have a good weekend.

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) and his pain. Have a good weekend. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Happy Birthday to sleeke. Have a lovely time in Weymouth our neighbour goes to Weymouth when he gets a break from work. We are not going for a long walk today because of the weather. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours.

Reshmi (()) that’s good you had a nice nurse taking the blood do you have it taken a lot of times. Love to your mum (()) have a good weekend.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hello everybody hope you’re all well? good morning

wppl

pic is fog comfort hawthorn tea or something like that lol, Tc, xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni toady Joan Barbara how are you all doing?

MV has erupted again tbh, EF are coming next week on Wednesday AGAIN , just found out, no reason for it this time, so no group for me next week. nice tea tin T 👍

the sis thing is a late night meal out kind of thing so Ive decided to leave it, let her and megabrain do the trendy indigestion by the light of the full moon kind of thing that these sis and their best friend werewolf - types specialise in - joking of course…or am I? lol.

H t 🐸its diff people in diff groups, don’t think artist is talking tongue in cheek no, not in his case 😀

Toni 🌺this weather is weird isn’t it? Getting warm again here, feeling like I’ve been sweating nonstop for 3 months 🤢

hi Joan am having quite a lot of bloods atm yes, until doc sorts my lithium level out , hopefully just one more of these “extra’ tests left 🤞. How are you and Sue today?

bye for now all, feeling tired after the volcanic eruptions take care everyone. Xx

ps pic is my sis in her element free of the shackles of makeup, not even a hint of foundation, just as well really, lol 🐺🐺 (time to hide the caffeine too, I believe ☕️, lol) Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Everybody it’s me again! an energy burst due to coconut water- Yes! I’m no scientist or white witch for that matter but that stuff is like magic! toady 🐸 that made me laugh your having a spooky nocturnal roam around the neighbourhood haha.

Toni 🌺 I have to agree with you there chocolate brownie for breakfast is def a very rich and yucky option 🤢, So the art guy waits till he’s got into town and done his food shopping before he has breakfast and I guess get so hungry that he loses all self control and goes straight for the most sugary item in his shopping bag lol. The leader of the group , a lady I’ll call J , She is an older lady who is v into fitness and goes to the gym every day, so she’s very Health conscious general basically, well this guy offered her a brownie, she politely declined and said “if I eat that there will have been very little point in me having done a workout 💪”, subtext being of course, “its not always wise to stuff your face”, lol 😂 but the Reading Rembrandt of whatever he’s called was only listening to his own voice and his own stomach it seems, oh dear.

ok I will end this message now so I can use my energy wisely, everyone take care

Ps pic is RR going to cinema with outfit stuffed with brownies. Xx