bosh Member Posts: 4,058
    Options

Good night everyone Tc. Xx

ps scary pic I blame that toady for talking about Poe, lol, Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,133
    edited 5. Sep 2022, 21:32
    Options

Hello all - gosh it's awful out there 🌩️ ⛈️ 2nd night of thunder and lightning, woke me up last night, today it's started in early 🙄 rain in the daytime I can just about stomach, but heavy rain overnight petrifies I will wake and find leaks everywhere (a not unjustified fear). Well lovely weather for the builder who will (having been prompted) absolutely definitely be here this week 🤨. Glad it was not doing this for your drive yesterday frog, I can't believe you didn't see the sea 😫 but that's such a long day and I can see another detour would not be on. I hope your garden is ok too I am hoping not to find too many battered plants tomorrow it does seem to be having a good shot at causing at least some damage🤞. Thank you for the picture 😀 aren't they absolutely fascinating looking creatures, lovely to see (him?) tucking in to your chard obviously going down nicely 😀 quite right too only the best and no air miles either haha 🥦. All birdies are fine at the moment hope they are roosting well in from this, and will be glad to see them tomorrow. I imagine you are asleep by now so have a good night and a special kiss for Sleek 😽 xx

Hi joan, I don't use the buses at the moment I'm not even sure how & when they run now 🤔 they were always changing the service & timetable (for the worse). Used to be about £1 return to town I think. I walk now or go without, luckily I have prescriptions etc delivered, everything else I can get round some way or other. There aren't many things where the price isn't going up - maybe our new PM will make some helpful changes 😉. Have a good night hope it is not this bad weather for you as here. xx

Hello bosh 👋 I didn't remember that Star Trek ep at first but I do now I've seen the picture. Yes it's an excellent Spock scarf 😀 sorry yours is for medicinal purposes, and your Mum's throat is not 100% either 🤔 annoying things bad throats 😕. Hope she and DV feel well enough for their holiday 🤞🤞for all the obvious reasons. Well done little LA making it through a whole hour of school, there was never any gradual intro in my day, such a good idea! always thought a 4 day week would be brilliant but ofc I wasn't thinking about parents, & that 3 days of their children at home wouldn't be as welcome to them. Thanks to your Mum btw she is quite right that I should try & go out a little bit more, at a time, kind of her to say; if I'm honest part of it is that I've taken the pandemic personally, like if life wants to take yet one more thing (shopping) off me, I suppose I feel go on then, have it if you're so determined (this is me cutting off my nose to spite my face, I know, it wouldn't be the first time 😉). But I do go out still & I guess if the situation improves I'll try & do a bit more. I didn't make it out amongst the bats the last couple of nights, though you made it sound beautifully poetic & tempting, the weather has been against it, hopefully soon 🦇🌘 but thank you for that pic, that is my house, well it will be if I don't get these repairs done soon 😂 have a good night and btw pleased to hear they have stabilized your meds up nicely 👍️ xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara as always 😘 xx

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff the weather is not an aid to concentration, I will hopefully be a bit less distracted tomorrow - will accept any tea going, at any hour, ta ☕️🕚️ xx

• toady
    edited 6. Sep 2022, 00:20
    Options

While I sat engaged in writing of the storm (and cups of tea), little did I know a ghostly post was sitting next to me..

Sorry bosh missed your last one again I must remember to refresh properly! PS I'm not really here 🤫 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Morning everyone😊 I see the Conservative party have a new Leader.

Pretty stormy night and lots of rain due today good for the garden, but not for drying washing, walking etc etc....

Morning Joan it was a long way to go in one day a bit much for me, but Paul was good and kept stopping to stretch my legs and I reheated my wheaty at SIL's house. How are you both doing ATM? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I love the Japanese tea house pic so like our cafe then?😊 How are you doing? I am glad to see how close the Lithium is now to normal. Can you feel the difference now in yourself? I hope so really that was a bit scary back there.

Aww LA!! I knew he'd love school and he saw one of his old ladybabies too😊that will have really helped him knowing people can be constant in your life is spite of change happening. Yes they do build the younger ones up don't they just an hour then mornings until they do full days. It tires them out to start with too they are so worn out bless them💗

My hip did hurt and my foot did that 'proper' numb bit you know? Worse than when you used to stop the blood supply more when you are trapping a nerve. That didn't really go off until I went to bed. Neck was cross about it too, but things are easing back again to usual rubbish levels.

Weird about your throat. Maybe it's just going to be a weak spot for you. I make lucy homemade honey and lemon with a dissolvable paracetamol in it when she gets a sore throat. I have vegan honey in mine. I hope you and your Mum can cope because if you're like me the Drs is your least favourite place!

Walk today has to happen at 9am as it's raining the rest of the day 🙄 are you joining me?🚶‍♂️

Morning Toady same here for storms and rain. I am sure many of our plants will have taken a bashing, but for my new laurel hedge I think it's a good thing. I hope our more delicate plants survive fingers 🤞 today it's set to rain most of the day.

The good thing is it will keep the cat inside at yours and hopefully Mr and Mrs B are tucked up cosy in their nest. Wings crossed. We will need to supply fruit/food early this year as we have had a false Autumn and the berries are ripe too early.

I'm glad you like Groot eating his chard yes no air miles or CO2 at all as I was seeing my DIL anyway. As soon as he sees it in his bowl he runs for it you know - Grandma's chard. Must see if they are allowed purple sprouting broccoli🤔 I have planted more kale for him (and me).

No time to see the sea this time, but maybe next time we'll try to go down in the motorhome and stay nearby for a day or so then we can enjoy the area better.

The builder is actually coming? Are you sure he isn't Cornish? That would have made Mike laugh your builder was coming dreckly ie. whenever he gets round to it!

I missed a call from Kitty yesterday (phone was on charge) so I'll try to ring her back today. Much love to Barbara too😻

we need a rainy day breakfast again!

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone xx

wppl

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

we had heavy rain last night with thunder and lightning it started at 8 o’clock in the evening I was sat by the back door with the dogs watching it.

Kitty (()) I hope everything is going well for you and your family (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) The only bus we use is one that comes to our front door it has a ramp for sue to go up inside the bus takes us where we want to go and brings us back home when we are ready. I hope you haven’t got too much damage with the rain. Good luck with the builder coming.

Barbara (()) I hope you have a good day. Have you lived in that house since you got married. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) have a good day How are your pains. At least the gardens look better. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) How is your throat now. Where do you come from Sue’s carers come from all over the world I have a job understanding them. Love to Your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Joan how are you today? throat is sort of medium I would say thanks for asking, I was born here but my parents are Indian, North Indian to be Precise, interesting about Sue’s carers must be frustrating though funny thing happened when I was having a blood test the other day one of the nurses said to another nurse “ there is a Chinese gentleman who is my patient and the problem is he’s barely speaks English I can’t understand what he’s saying can you get Dr F for me please?” Dr F is a young female GP of Chinese origin I went to her once she was a bit moody apparently Dr F was on the phone but I can imagine her saying “I am NOT a translator, I am a doctor!!”, oh dear discord at the GP surgery hope you and Sue are have a nice day? family are all ok thanks, hope you both have a nice afternoon, take care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toady. 🐸 my mum Said you’re welcome about her advice I understand that things can be daunting and it’s easy to get trapped in a kind of vicious circle situation I was terrified the first time I got the bus after because that COVID situation had improved, my mum inspires me a lot though for over 20 years she was on dialysis but she still had such a lust for life I had given up all hope of her getting better but then she had the transplant done, you see you’ve always got to keep hoping 🤗 and like Toni says some kind of conversational interaction with other people definitely helps everybody’s minds even if it is fairly superficial, that’s just how I see things, thought it might help, better go now I hope your afternoon is going okay take care, xx

ps pic is Halloween goth type stuff. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺thanks about the lithium thanks to toady 🐸 too sorry forgot to mention that toads

Sorry to hear that you’re not so well with the pains today Toni I do sometimes have that numb foot sensation perhaps not quite as severe as your one but I can understand it must be difficult to bear glad that the pains are getting less gradually though👍

about lithium yes feeling the difference in my skin and frequency of nausea etc thanks so that’s very good indeed thanks

also doc phoned a reasonable hour yesterday not at 9 o’clock in the night when I was practically asleep 💤 lol

yeah throats a bit weird but thanks about the tip I do sometimes have honey drink sometimes even though I’m not a massive fan of honey I sweeten with it with sugar to be honest it’s not quite at soluble para stage but it’s good to know these things in case I need them worth considering 👍

weird thing is of course that my mum has got it so maybe it’s just season change who knows?

I agree with you no one likes hanging around the GP surgery mind you NHS queue jumper neighbour used to do exactly that so she could interrogate people like me and mum about our blood tests etc - evil 👿.

good advice about keeping meds up high thanks

BR was sad going to nursery without LA but cheered up later , bless.

LA and his mummy are coming tomorrow

so I definitely need to shower and do some organising before any explosions eruptions or green- faced witch situations, witch shouldn’t appear today because I do religiously eat up all my green veggies 🥬 , but you never know with these witchy types do you? Lol, okay bye for now T , Hope you and your family are all okay and hope you’re having a good afternoon take care. Xx

ps nice and spooky goth house, full of littleys who haven’t eaten their 🥕 🥕 lol. Tc xx j

• toady
    Options

Hello all, just calling in to say 'night as it has got so late - I had to stop and look into some fiddly overseas post for an ebay chap, which made me late finishing a letter that I really wanted to go in the box to be picked up first thing, so have been doing that sort of thing til not long since. Actually I have had two walks today to two different postboxes, get me, practically globetrotting. 🌎️ Well actually it wasn't a bad walk added together - and it didn't rain on me, it was quite nice and warm/sunny for a few minutes there today, not many of them consecutive but better than nothing 😂🌞. So just to let you know I am ok and will be in tomorrow 😊 waves goodnight to all 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

I am working today outrageous I know!!! How could it happen to me what have I done to deserve it? I am helping Paul on site up North so wish me luck. I will have my uniform on and pass the odd spanner.....

Morning Joan how are you and Sue today? I am doing ok here went to the lady who had that fall the other week's 70th birthday do yesterday. It was lovely and I got to feed a 6 week old 🍼 baby ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi love my cup for the day yesterday so elegant. I suspect it's one of LA's because he only shops in Waitrose remember? I'm sure he won't mind us borrowing it.

I am glad the throat is at least bearable by you and your Mum. Very odd you both have it. Like some sort of low level virus or something🤔 Such good news that you do feel the benefit of the Lithium reduction so all that jabbing and stabbing and tweaking and those phone calls were worth it☺️

Aww poor BR missing his hero big brother at nursery. Before we know it he will be at big boys school too. He has such a sweet nature.

Yes organise yourself today as LA and Mummy are on their way. Tablets up high and an early (Pre DV ) shower for you. I hope it goes well and he has lots of funny tales to tell about school which you can entertain us all with in time.

take care now.

I've eaten my veggies I promise!

Sending love to Kitty and Barbara hoping all is well with you both.

Toady had a busy day trying to get stuff overseas🙄 aren't some people annoying? Mind it's not their fault they live there really.

I went in the garden 3 times yesterday to inspect my veggie patch for anything growing..... nothing....nothing and nothing apart from some potato leaves peeking up.

TWO walks? I managed one and felt proud of myself for that with all the showers. Two different post boxes? One with a wide mouth or later collection?

Please put me a deck chair outside later for when I get back from work I will need a sit down to recover from the trauma....

Love to visitors old or new!!!!!!!!!!

Today's rainy day breakfast is a bit naughty!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day I hope are having less pain now. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I’m sorry you are had a problem with your post. I hope you have a good day today. We got wet yesterday.

Barbara (()) I hope all is well there. Have a good day. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) How kind of you to work i hope you get a drink and something to eat for your time there. You don’t think it will be a full time job. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day all of you. have you tried green tea. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 7. Sep 2022, 11:35
    Options

'Morning all 😊 quite nice and sunny out there but rain later 🤔 maybe. Frog has been dragged off to get her hands dirty & not in the garden, hope it's all going well and will pass your NVQ 😀 you are welcome to borrow my favourite King Dick spanner, I know I will get it back. Hope it's going well 👍️. Sorry not much is coming up in the garden for you at the mo, well yet, I'm sure there will be a nice surge of happenings soon. I have not got a lot going on either I will have to do a bit of old things out & new things in like you, any good bit of weather now can't be turned down. Must try & fit a walk in too. The postboxes, well you were on the right lines, the first thing I had to take to the small-mouthed (but has a pm collection) box further away, the letter had to go in the wide-mouthed nearer (but only has early morning collection) box because I hadn't got it done in time to go with the other thing.. still following 😂 actually it is quite annoying the nearest box doesn't have the afternoon collection, it used to 😕 so there is a lot of this sort of postbox juggling. Not that my late night letter will do much for the next couple of days with the strike, but at least it's been picked up aka off my conscience. Right well a cup of coffee for me and I do like your cafe chalkboards, good choice for yesterday just a coincidence I expect that it followed your mentioning the conservative party 😉 oh well what else is there when you're powerless to do much except resort to petty criticism - 'oh dear what is she wearing' - in the face of LT & the ghastly JR-M pontificating about workers needing to 'graft more' 🙄 god help us. Well you can whack a few things with a socket wrench and daydream 😂 have a good rest of day :) xx

Hello joan my ebay customer will probably not come back now I have quoted them for their postage, that often happens. I have done everything else even though the postal strike will hold things up but nothing is vital to get anywhere. I keep thinking they are not coming today either, he will probably tap in a minute and make me jump. Sorry you got wet yesterday 😔 today is much nicer, not sure what it is in mind for later. Have a good day :) xx

Hi to bosh, hope the partial EF visit is going ok or will do if it's later on, and hope your Mum is not overdoing the prep and cooking etc. She is amazing as you say for what she has come through with the transplant, I can't imagine where anyone finds that sort of determination tbh but everyone is different and has different things to call on and I suppose you never know until you are in the position. Hoping to have a fairly quiet day so am posting now and will try & have a walk and arrange my day sensibly, well until something crops up probably haha. See you later I expect. Oh look it's literally starting raining this second out of a clear blue sky so walk will have to wait, ah well, a bit of online browsing then, it's not my fault I can't go out 😉 xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara 😘 xx

and anyone that hasn't been in lately, mig Carol Arthuritis and anyone I've missed xx

• bosh
    Options

Good afternoon everyone!

wppl. Xx

pic is masala chai yum xx

• bosh
    Options

Oh my Goodness me what a day! didn’t even get time to post properly , will try to rectify that now. 😀

hi Toady 🐸 thanks about my mum yes I agree no one knows how they will react until they’re in the situation hope your day is going okay? Xx

hi Joan how are you and Sue today? Thanks about my mum she seems okay today tired of course because LA and sis came to visit, she also has a bit of athroat prob but is refusing to wear scarf 🤷‍♀️, hope you’re having a nice evening. Tc. Xx

hi Toni 🌺 hows your day going? I did go to the group and narrowly missed by being drenched by the rain showers👍.

I was trying my best to organise myself as you so wisely reminded me, but that included having breakfast a bit too early so by the time I got to the group I treated myself to a soy hot Choc, anyway could be worse.

i must admit i ate a bit too much today when waiting for lift back, not extremely unhealthy stuff tho in general, unlike RR (Reading Rembrandt) can you imagine being his flatmate? being tempted being offered brownies for every meal? I think if I lived there I’d be giving bill a run for his money belly wise , lol, RR Actually not present today so maybe overeating of brownies has mean metho - like tummy issues🤢.

so of course LA came today with his mummy for the day he was being very naughty indeed and hit and kicked me, did no harm of course, him being so tiny, but he said it was Auntie Goddess Mima Hitting Time, oh dear.

he also referred to himself as a “ big matcho Daddo”, he’s such a funny child.

Once he was shopping with his mum probably at Waitrose when he said “that’s a nice birthday card I’m going to buy it for Auntie goddess Mima” and then his mum said “but you’ve already given her a card her birthday is finished now” he said “oh I see so when is the next birthday? I’ll buy one card for her next birthday is it tomorrow? “, bless him.

okay that’s it I know that was really not the best message because I didn’t read back properly I hope that you had a nice day Toni I’m glad you enjoyed the birthday party of the 70-year-old lady and got to feed a six week old baby that would’ve terrified me though the baby bit that is I don’t hold them I don’t feed them I’m just a Mima who appears now and then holding jelly babies in my hand.

okay bye for now wave to Barbara, hope you all have a good night take care. Xx.

Ps LA is a Big fan of owls so he is an owl tea cosy pic. Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan just remembered your question 😀 I did try matcha tea once, but mixed up with other ingredients, it seemed to upset my stomach unfortunately 🤢, do you like having green tea? Tc xx

good night everyone, xx

Ps. So I started to think of novels, Welsh mythology and all that “stuff”, so here’s an alternative good night pic, “Mists of Avalon”. Xx

• frogmorton
    edited 8. Sep 2022, 05:56
    Options

Morning everyone!

or really love of coffee and tea.....chai....vegan food etc etc

Morning Joan don't worry I do help Paul sometimes I didn't get paid nor pass my apprenticeship, but i did get my lunch out!! Bless him the real apprentice is on jury duty and my nephew was at outpatients so it was down to me. I've always wanted to do jury duty you know. have you ever done it? ((())) xxx

Morning Kitty from whom I had a text yesterday which was lovely bless her she has had a really tough year hasn't she? xxx

Reshmi well done getting to group! I was worried the 'part' EF visit might prevent you from going. Was RR there? now be fair why not have the odd soya hot choc? it will do you good and we all deserve a treat. Just don't become RR's flatmate whatever you do.

So LA has already chosen your birthday card for next year? That is just so sweet what a darling boy. Now the Auntie Goddess Mima hitting time is actually a compliment and probably what he does with his friends so an honour😁Big Macho Daddo indeed he is so entertaining!

I take it your sister was ok even if her husband was at home nursing his belly? Lovely to see them in the week when you don't have an MTX hangover for a change.

I think that is actually the art with babies you know - not to be terrified. If you can be cool about it they usually don't make you drop them! This one was so well behaved and drank almost his whole bottle in one! two big burps and back to sleep. Unfortunately that is not what he does in the middle of the night🙄

get that tea cosy on the teapot will you I think the cabbage teapot! Oh the cake the lady had! I must get a pic for you it had vegetables on it in icing!!!!

Have a good day 😊

Morning to Barbara who sent me a lovely pic of the gorgeous Niamh ready for school she is growing up far too fast. ((())) xxx

Morning Toady. Thank you so very very much for the honour of borrowing your king dick spanner here it is returned to you safely. Interesting site visit yesterday just a survey really and I stayed largely clean in my high vis jacket and with my ear defenders in I rather think I looked the part😁I am also a very good 'bluffer' and can appear to be quite intelligent🤥

You know I thought that about LT typical they criticised clothing in a woman don't you think? We just have so much more pressure don't we? I'm glad you are enjoying the chalk boards. I have some chalk board place-mats which from time to time (when I can find the chalk mostly) I write on.

I also have some fabulous news!!!!!!!!! I can see some seedlings appearing outside! I went straight out when I got home and there they were! I was sure they would be with this sunshine and showery weather! I think beets and cos lettuce and possibly kale though that could be a weed....time will tell.

Kari is posting most days. Our post box in the village is small mouth late (ish 4pm) collection hers is wide mouth early collection. Can't win can you🙄Still it does make for an adventurous life I suppose. Maybe that's the rule now wide mouth early collection. I agree once it's in the box you can forget about it can't you😉No need to feel guilty.

Right better get me dressed i suppose - has the builder been?

still raining....

potato cakes

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day I hope you don’t have a lot of pain. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Barbara (()) have a good day has Mr B (()) heard about his hip appointment yet. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toady (()) have a good day I hope you hear from the man this week.

Toni (()) No we have not been offered jury service our neighbour has but it was cancelled a few days before. That’s good a meal out. I hope everything was alright at outpatient’s. How was the lady that fell over (()). Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day you were good going to your club (()) I hope your mums throat feels better today (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how Are you today? It’s a semi public voice controlling session so I have to be somewhat careful what I say 🤫.

good tip about babies 👍

is actually not Bill who had the stomachache it was RR, least I think that the art guy may have had a stomachache because he wasn’t here yet he wasn’t present yesterday which was quite unusual for him, be he was just having a “brownie fest morning” or something like that and actually did the rare thing of having breakfast straight before he left the house, followed by lovely dessert of with fizzy water coffee and Gaviscons (actually the Gaviscon dessert joke was not mine originally but I’ll maybe waffle about that another time 😀).

it was nice to sis indeed she seemed okay busy but okay BR was at the nursery and bill had been left to his own devices probably bankrupting Deliveroo again as well doing bits and pieces of work and doing some online shopping for hair products, he is one of these gentlemen who is a big hair products fan to be honest they don’t do much for me despite being a female and even if I didn’t have our friend psoriasis etc most of the time I just couldn’t be bothered with the time and expense 💷, Well he has a lot of money though not much common sense so let him blow his bank balance on relatively silly stuff if that makes him happy.

LA told his mother in the vid that he had a great time but he missed BR then and then he made a v astonished face and said “I even missed daddy and my toys”! So poor daddy comes second place in a tiebreaker situation with some Lego 😢.

BR said “yeah” when his mummy said that Auntie Goddess Mima (AGM) etc missed you, bless🍼.

those potato cakes look great by the way.

feeling a bit drowsy today went on the walk then had a sleep after that but other than that that haven’t really achieved much how’s your day going?

Thinking of making a carob and chai kind of cake I’ve got a recipe which I can adapt but I wasn’t quite sure I had all the ingredients plus haven’t quite got the energy right now but will do it one of these days I may even give it to LA and tell him it’s chocolate but he would give me such a beating I’d have to go into hiding away from big macho daddos lol, maybe BR will find me a sanctuary? LA is becoming quite full of himself when he was in nursery a few days ago He got in the car and his mum was about to take him home when one of the many lady baby friends tapped on the door and said by “bye bye LA” very affectionately because it was her last day at the nursery But he did not even look in her direction just looked straight ahead in pure Hollywood or poss even Bollywood film star style ⭐️⭐️, no fond words of farewell for that poor innocent little lady baby oh dear that was really wasn’t very nice there should be a limit to machismo after all shouldn’t there Daddo? Lol.

how are L and Paul today?

I had a bit of an email disagreement with my trans lawyer friend, not about gender identity of course or anything like that, she made some stupid comments when I gave her some and info about types she often asks me about things like fashionable tights

even though I’m no expert , so I gave her a name of a good brand and just a made a throwaway comment really about I sometimes wear these tights when I haven’t sorted out my legs, is one way of putting it, She said not to mention this again as writing about leg hair removal is v offensive and unladylike - what?! The annoying thing as I know she has some family probs but she only contacts me when she feels like it and lets face it, we’ve all got problems going on, I met her once long ago, it was ok, but she mainly talked about clothes etc, anyway I just told her I’ll be silent for a while no offence, also she talks about morality but her wife is not well at all, not sure of the details, but she’s still married after all and once she went on holiday with her wife while secretly flirting with some other people she’d met there - I don’t see anything right about that, anyway sorry Toni, just wanted to get that off my chest really. Though now I reflect it was a bit of a self -absorbed waffle 🧇 lol.

Bit of an odd question now, do you like tomato sandwiches? I bought a cheese and tomato sandwich from bakery today, but took half the cheese out, was quite delicious.

ok will end message now, hope your days going not too badly Tc. Xx

hi Joan , thanks about group, mum’s throat is a bit better today thanks, how are you? Tc. Xx

👋Barbara

🐸hi toady how are you my nocturnal friend? Quick question, I know of course that S Trek isn’t real life, well scarves excluded, lol,but do you think Spock was poss as*xual?

ok bye for now everyone and Tc. Xx

hi and bye also to any new browsing guests. Xx

ps found this kids book cover that mentions the toadster !! How good is that? Lol. Xx

• toady
    edited 8. Sep 2022, 17:46
    Options

Hello all - hope all having a good day. Rather worrying about the Queen 😔 Royalist or no, it's not what you want to see headlining the news today. Hot sweet tea definitely called for.

Frog is back among us & can 'stand down' for now & hang up the overalls - jury service, now as soon as I read that I was waiting for you to say 'ooh no thanks' so I got you completely wrong there. Definitely not for me! I might manage to pass a guilty verdict on the funeral director who has been fiddling money out of people to go on cruises though.. obviously took 'you're a long time dead' to heart (not surprising) and decided to live it up now. If I brain my no-show builder with the king dick can you plead leniency for me? Ta. 🙄 Well he's got tomorrow and then I'm out of ideas tbh, a houseful of repairs + a month in which I've managed to get someone round for 5 minutes & a few promises, is not going to add up. Anyway I have caved in and ordered 'the paint', should be here tomorrow, and I DARE my original order to come back in stock before I can at least get a few days to say 'oh well it would not have paid me to wait'. Glad to hear Kari is doing enough Etsy (I presume) to make lots of postbox trips 😀 funny about the wide-mouthed boxes 😂 even though it means going further for same day collection, I suppose I'd still rather have the wide-mouthed one as the nearest. Glad to hear too there is life in the frogmorton veg plot 👍️😀 seedlings! I knew they could do it. Have posted some of my lunch for you, beet greens, chard, few runners, and toms. Style over substance haha, nothing in any quantity this year really, but I expect I can get my junior Bayleaf the Gardener badge? 👩‍🌾

Hello joan, no builder as you may see, really does get tedious waiting & not knowing. Apart from anything else I have to keep tidy in the meantime, which does not come naturally 😂 Oh well I'll get there in the end even if I have to have 20 more quotes 🙄. By the way the ebay customer did not come back, but I have a bid on an item for later. Rain on and off every now & then today, have not got much done. Hope you did not get wet if you went out, see you (or Sue) tomorrow & have a good Friday :) xx

Hi bosh, well I am going to start straight in by saying the Frog & Toad books are (hand on heart) some of my favourite books in the whole wide world 😍 I found them years ago by accident, I think they were being sold off in my library? Anyway there are 4, I wish there were more, they are brilliant, and oddly I am like Toad. Well I like to hibernate & not be woken up til half past May, enough said. 😂 I hope LA and BR will like them if you happen to get them, they are just the best kid's books (and nice little life friendship &c messages in the stories). Fancy LA finding he even missed Daddy, that's sweet haha, but no kind words for the ladybaby, ah life is cruel. About Spock, interesting point, there is an episode where Spock has to return to Vulcan for a sort of wedding ritual (or die) - it is played out in the plot as if it's rather like salmon swimming upstream to spawn etc, has to be gone through but not so much as something you want to do but must. The plot is rather complicated but ofc the whole question of Vulcans being an unemotional race means yes it's not like a human marriage but as Spock is half human there is always that blurring of the lines 🤔. I was saying to someone today how annoyed I get seeing (in this case the Royals) little girls having to go off to school in little dresses still, while little boys can go and run and be active & mess about in sensible clothes, I don't understand why we are still so backwards on gendering clothes 😕. (You may or may not agree that's fine obviously! just thought I'd bring the topic up out of interest). Hope you have a good evening :) xx

Love to Kitty glad Toni has heard from you 👋 xx

and hello Barbara, hope things as well as poss 😘 xx still waiting for builders, tempted to get a book out the library and a handful of chisels & do it myself!

Kettle on all xx

• toady
    Options
  • toady
    Options

Since typing I have refreshed the news - sad day 😔👑 x

• bosh
    Options

hi toady

yes def sad about queen (tho def not a royalist).

nice tomatoes 🍅 perfect for my sandwich

interesting about Spock, thanks for that info

glad about the books 😀

I agree about gendering of clothes most def, even the Royals are not living in Victorian times, can you imagine that petticoats corsets and so on? feel rather boa constricted just thinking about it lol 🐍.

Im ok - ish thanks, think I’ll feel better after a good nights sleep 💤 hope your evening is going ok?

Was thinking of the old fashioned gender related stereotypical traditions, etc, sewing being of course one of them, I wish I could sew properly but the reality is I’m hopeless lol, so anyway basically pic is an appropriate meme, lol.

hey end of week is a approaching so a second pic just another Avalon related one, sorry they’re the wrong way round , Tc. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

RIP Queen Elizabeth the 2nd she was a lovely lady. Hopefully with her dearest Philip and beloved Mum and Dad.

My flag is at half mast. Will need to take time thinking about her successor.

Morning Joan such a sad time for the nation. God bless our Dear Queen she was amazing. Would you and Sue liked to have done Jury service? I think you'd have been good at it. The lady who fell over is doing ok her cheek is all colours now though. ((())) xxx Are you out today?

Love to Kitty I hope still very very happy in her new home😍

Hi Reshmi how are you doing? Lovely Autumnal picture there so restful thank you.

Isn't it just lovely that LA missed his baby brother first? Remember when he was first born and he was just not impressed now look at him. Yes Daddy last on the list🤫 don't tell him! He is getting rather full of himself i ahve to agree I wonder whether he rather likes that particular ladybaby hmmmm🤔

I had no idea BIL was vain! His hair must just be perfect obviously. I'm ok with a wash and condition thank you very much as infrequently as I can get away with it being such hard work!!

Your lawyer friend doesn't sound as though she thinks much what she says before it comes out of her mouth! I hope you don't let it upset you though do you? Tights are great for when you haven't shaved your legs aren't they? Like WINTER😁 Her morals sound very iffy indeed going on holiday with your wife and flirting with someone else. That's really not nice at ALL😠Especially if her wife isn't well.

You found books about me and Toady? Wow frog and toad that's the best thing ever I need them I definitely need them!

Yes I do love tomatoes in my sandwiches thank you very much😋 especially in a nice fresh sandwich they are 👌 Toady's did look rather nice don't you think? With some rocket hmm yes that would go down nicely!

Morning Toady how are you doing today? What will you do if the builder fails to turn up again? I think get on google and find someone else.🙄

I love our book(s) Bosh is so clever to find them.

Well your harvest is wonderful might not be huge, but it's perfect for you I bet it tasted fabulous home grown always tastes wonderful don't you think? My veggie patch inspection yesterday revealed even bigger veggies! Fabulous made me very happy soon be big enough to post a pic. Rain and sun is really perfect for seedlings to grow😊

Well done ordering the paint let's see whether that forces the other paint to arrive. I think it might just do that what will you do then?

Yes Kari is doing ok through Etsy thank you. She would probably prefer the widemouthed post box too to be nearest.

I'm sure I'd be a realy good juror, but probably the criminal (suspect) would kick me off as being too old and mad looking😁

Barbara if you happen by I hope all is well. Did you hear from Bill yesterday. He seems to be doing well doesn't he? Take care ((()))

Right better get on hair cut for me today with Kari.

Breakfast anyone?