Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,131
    Options

Hi everyone 😊 getting in earlyish before I need to start faffing with some ebay things, quite a nice day really but I'm convinced it's Sunday 🤨 I can't get that feeling off me even though there are many reasons I know it isn't, postman's been, etc. Frog I hope you got on ok at the dentist 🤐 or did you cry off.. that's a whole other sense of wide-mouthed frog-ness, oh dear (tries to stick own head in sand). Maybe your veg patch has come on in leaps and bounds for something nice for you? numbers certainly aren't meant to be going down not up 🌱🌱, have you got cloches or anything, if you think it's birds then probably not unless they are very sneaky birds. Mrs B and everyone fine despite the cat population; I just meant he (the neighbour) as representative of they/his family, cat-wise, they just seem big dog people going by the big cars big everything (judging them unjustly no doubt but🤷‍♀️). Orange peel does nothing for the one side's cat, I suppose every cat may be different - I am just concentrating on making it less easy for them to get over the fences and then hopefully hedge the lot off one day. Yes the paint saga is becoming a bit farcical, but I have let the firm know they have sent me this latest pot without my having paid - the other 3 I may never get - so I may not be quite as overstocked in the end. 😂 I now have to definitely think about the ceiling though, no point my asking you, and my neck won't be keen either, in fact is there one decent neck between the lot of us 😂. Have a good day and btw no I didn't eat 2 cooked breakfasts, I had my Saturday's croissant and then my Sunday fry-up 😂 not too bad if you deduct all the bits I can't have (even if in cafe terms anything goes). xx

Hello joan I hope you get on ok with your rheumatology appt when you get it, I mean to say. Is it because they were checking inflammatory markers etc while they were checking your calcium levels or did they not mention. Hope you do not have to wait too long. It is now up to me to sort things out with the builder next because I have things to decide etc before asking him to do anything else. Have a good week tomorrow looks quite nice :) xx

Hi bosh, oh The Horta I remember it so well - 'No Kill I' 😀 you now think that with futuristic technology they ought to have known if a thing was something's egg or not, but all these slightly dubious bits of plot strike you much more later than at the time of course. The Horta also always looked a bit like pictures of hot lava do to me but obviously that isn't any nicer a comparison for you than slightly singed pizza 😣 I hope HV is fairly stable and the holiday prep is not reaching overload. Glad your Mum will be ok with the flight tomorrow ✈️ . I did actually fit in a small walk last night I had to go to the post which isn't far but did a bit extra, partly because I heard an owl calling very near and hoped I'd be able to see which tree it was in but just couldn't quite in the dark etc. May go and have another go if it is going to stay around the area 😀🦉. Poor Mona Lisa btw I identify 😬. Have a good evening :) is it coffee group tomorrow or are you going to see your parents off (or neither of these!) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara will post more tomorrow if I can rustle up any news/gossip 😉 xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Hi toady 🐸Nice to hear from you

good that you has a small walk Of course I’ll do my duty and poke you with a virtual umbrella 🌂 lol,

The group that I usually go to is on Wednesdays, there was another one on Tuesdays but that’s something I haven’t been to for some time parents are going on hol tomorrow but I am not seeing them off, as it would be a lot of hassle really as I can’t drive.

It got really warm this afternoon was it the same where you live?

that’s nice Nice that you saw the owl, long Time ago when my sis was at law college She and one of her mutual female friends had a male friend a fellow student Who they used to call “the owl”, When I asked why I was told because he’s overweight and wears unflattering glasses, that was a bit harsh really, poor boy, I dread to think what she used to call me, hopefully not a Horta lol 😂.

bye for now, have a good night xx

Hi Toni 🌺

how was your day?

I know I’m repeating myself, but On the subject of my sisters friends, she’s got an especially awful one, this girl, ex - uni pal, it was when docs were taking time to diagnose arthritis and at one point thought prob was torn ligament, I told this person and she took such glee in my pain, what painkillers I took etc, but there was no compassion there, I blocked her on FB , pretended there was a tech error! 😀

anyway hope you have a nice night and will give you details on LA’s walking “partneresses” as and when I receive them, lol. Tc. Xx

ps pics are a tea monster and of course our nursery rhyme pals xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Morning everyone

I've put the board out...

and the kettle on....

Morning Joan thank you the dentist went ok it looks like I had a tiny filling from decades ago and some of it is out so booked in to have it actually filled on the 20th🙄 Luckily my neck coped 👍 How are you and Sue doing today? ((())) xxx

A quick wave to Kitty 👋

Morning Reshmi I am very pleased to see your bloods are all done - for now at least! Thank you for asking my day yesterday was ok although the dentist said I do need a small filling😕 booked in for 20th that was lucky appointments are like gold dust here.

If your Mum is scared of flying then I am very proud of her managing to go abroad like she does. I hope there is no DV over there for her to cope with on her own.

Please do keep me updated of any future LA walking partneresses either new ones or even if he is able to swallow his 'Daddo macho' pride and reconnect with his elephant expert Ladybaby😉

Oh gosh that pizza monster was gross....Maybe BIL would actually eat it if Deliveroo dropped it off???🤢

What a horrible friend your sister has to actually enjoy hearing about someone's pain! Very odd indeed she would have made a good torture chamber staff member. Erm oh yes facebook can be like that tech problems blocking anyone horrible🤭. I keep getting messages from a vague acquaintance on FB I really think she's been hacked so going to ignore them.

Look at the owl and pussycat! Sleek must have made friends with Toady's owl!

Have a good day - I am going to see a friend this morning who is very poorly indeed. We'll have a cupa of tea or two and play board games.

Another quick wave this time to Barbara👋

Toady was in early yesterday!!! Wahay! Good time management there Toadster. I failed badly had loads to do and achieved very very little😳

All went well at the dentist's yes I cope ok there always have for some reason. It seems a small bit of (a small) filling has broken off. Two Xrays done and booked in for 20th to have it cleaned out and filled before it gets worse.

I checked in on my veggie plot nothing much doing except all spuds leaves are up and waving not ready for banking up yet though. Considering laying some envirofleece or mesh over seedlings I can still only see two kos though I'm sure I saw 3 before😟 How is your garden doing? this sunshine and rain must be doing some good. Kari reckons the temps at night will drop suddenly very soon🤔

Today is Tuesday yesterday didn't feel like a Sunday to me gosh no it was definitely a Monday I think the trip to the dentist (first since before COVID!) centred me. It was a real wide mouthed frog job indeed being right at the very back at the top😖 We'll come with you if you need to go we will honest.

Aha I see DIY dad has big old 4x4 type cars then yes he should have one of those HUGE dogs they have these days very pretty with blue eyes. The dog not DIY Dad.😁

I am very pleased to hear Mr and mrs B are doing fine in spite of extra cat visitors.🐦️

Oh no the ceiling - the worse job of all must be done in very very very short bursts or you will be in a pickle. Very honest of you to let them know about the extra (free) paint they sent you.

Ah yes! You ate Saturday and Sunday's breakfasts (I remember my two posts went on together!) I'm sure you'll be fine to eat any of it you fancy as you know cafe food is quite safe for all health conditions and digestive issues😊

Today's breakfast shall be healthier

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options

Good morning everyone

Have you heard that you have to use your £20 and £50 pounds so they can have the Kings head on them My appointment is the 28 of October at 2 30.

Kitty (()) that’s good you have nice carers. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope today is less hectic for you have a good day

Barbara (()) I hope everything is alright there. Have a good day. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s good just a filling. Sorry about the lady that’s poorly. Did you see the King and Anne Andrew and Edward standing by the coffin for 10 minutes. I could not stand still for that time could you. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope your mum (()) and Dad have a good flight. Have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺toady 🐸Joan and Barbara, how are you all today?

h again toady I hope you get to see that owl again on the subject of nocturnal creatures I had a friend once long time ago when I was in primary school and her mother was member of some kind of bats protection society and once she actually showed me some bats in her loft or something like that I was only a littley really so I found it quite scary spooky 👻🦇even lol, have you always liked bats? or did you grow to like them more when you were an adult?

hope your day is going okay toady take care xx

• bosh
    Options

hi again Toni, how are you ?

that’s nice of you to visit your friend who isn’t well at all, you’ve hit the nail on the head there about good old bill he will eat anything delivered by Deliveroo, prob even a tin of dog food but I won’t go into any more details just in case you’re eating 😂.

lady baby friend update / alert LA has made up with elephant expert as you so aptly named her 🐘lol, but now there’s also a new French lady baby friend in the picture my goodness he is a popular littley isn’t he? Yes he seems to have swallowed his “macho Daddo” pride, but how long that will last is anyone’s guess ha ha, I think you’re right at least to trace of his daddy’s ego is present already, hopefully that will only be a short term thing that he grows out of 🤞.

parents got off okay thanks for asking yes my mum is a bit afraid of flying but she manages in the end I remember there in the past when we went on holiday my mum would either hold my hand or my sisters when she got scared during landings etc bless her as you know my dad isn’t the kind of person to comfort anyone in anyway but the holiday was her idea and I know that she’ll be okay 👍.

i had takeaway myself today McDonald’s but of course I only have it at decorous intervals as Jane Austen and toady might put it haha, only joking toady, it feels strange to have the house to myself but good.

I hope the dentist goes well for you on the 20th, yes lucky that you got an appointment I know it can be very difficult to get appointments at the right time for dental work.

I remember once the private dentist I went to a long time ago said I should stop eating sugar completely even things like fruits and veg for example have a salad with no tomatoes in it…what.?! Salad with no tomatoes in it I wonder which nutritionist has advocated that diet? Silly dentist.

id better now because it’s getting sweaty and nasty in this room even though I’m not actually cold yuck hope you have a nice day Toni and take care. Xx

hi Joan how are you and Sue today? Thanks about my parents’ flight, you both take care. Xx

ps pic is when female version of bill runs out of hair gel (I like your cafe board T too btw). Xx

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Good afternoon everyone.

it’s been a long time since I posted.we have been going through some tough times during the last couple of months. Since our SIL passed away back in mid June, the day before his 49th birthday. Then of course came the funeral in July. Also in July was one of the bright spots it was our Ava’s 1st birthday party. On the August bank holiday I had a flare up of my eczema again and again needed to visit the walk in centre as it was weeping in one place. That is under control now. I have had a big argument with eldest daughter and youngest GD and both have told me they don’t want me to contact them any more. Not last Sunday but the one before I had a bit of an accident at church, scraping my leg on the stone steps. Which created some nasty water blisters that have burst and I have a couple of really nasty sore places on the back of my leg. They day after I fell we went to Somerset to a cousins wedding it was lovely. We came back last Wednesday, on Thursday morning Mr T woke up unwell and tested covid positive. I took a test and was negative. On Saturday morning I tested positive too. So at the moment we both have it.

I hope you are all as well as can be given our various forms of arthritis and other health problems.

love to you all

Stay positive always👍xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Turbogran

sorry to hear you’ve been through so much, I have eczema too, it’s a nasty disease isn’t it? Unpredictable, I hope you recover from Covid soon, you take care, be careful with steps, maybe try crutches? Tc. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Good night to Toni toady Joan and any browsers of the casual type,

Remember it’s better to chat on here rather than to certain dodgy characters on Skype 😀.

ps pic is another goth related Halloween image 🎃. Tc xx

• toady
    edited 13. Sep 2022, 21:57
    Options

Hello all, a late line from me I have been good at staying off the internet today as I was on it so much yesterday. Thank you for the goodnight pumpkins bosh and very appropriate, because it was after midnight when I finished all my odds and ends last night so I was expecting to turn into a pumpkin at any moment 🎃. Actually that's the fairy coach not Cinderella isn't it 🤔 in that case, I suppose I turned back into a poor unfortunate badly dressed person, well that's par for the course 😂. I did fit in a little walk tonight, no owl although I did hear it briefly in the distance. Bats? Well I don't know an awful lot about them, although like your old schoolfriend I knew someone that had bats in a building they owned and they had to make provision for them if they wanted to do any work. They are v interesting though, I mean being the only flying mammal is cool 😀 and they're just kind of generally fascinating but some are definitely much weirder looking.. but that gets back to dividing animals into cute & non cute which is not good really but hard to break that instinctive sort of bias. Hope you are getting on ok and have heard from your parents throughout to know they've arrived ok & all's well. Also hope you will be able to get the most out of sleeping in the cold room or upside down like a bat even, or wherever you please 😄 so long as you get some relaxation. Thanks for recapping about the coffee groups and if you go tomorrow hope it's good and not too warm for you. Have a good night :) xx

Quick hello to frog and I will catch up tomorrow, sorry you had a get nothing done day yesterday, mine may have started well haha but after that it just spiralled out of control 😂 bit of painting, some emails, parcel packing, booking in post, making some new listings, why does it take so long and how do people list so much on ebay? I have done better today and been in the garden, should be nice tomorrow too, I will iou for gardening chat and tell you what's what with me next post as my eyes are shutting 😴 have a good night :) xx Well done for the dentist btw of course and sorry you have to go again but glad they did not find anything more to do 👍️.

Hello Joan, yes it was definitely a less hectic day and just as well! yesterday was just silly but some of the things could have been left really if I was sensible. My new orange blossom plants are in and look very nice, I will take pictures if I remember. I have not heard about the money I must look it up, not that I can remember the last time I saw a £50 note actually! Have a good Wednesday it should be fine & quite nice xx

Hello @hebee nice to see a new face 😊 hope you're well

Carol nice to see you too and thank you for the update on yourself but so sorry that it is not all good things to report lately, I will say hello properly tomorrow do excuse xx

and love to Kitty and Barbara 😘 sorry not much to add this evening, I am running down like an underwound clockwork mouse 🐁 xx

Tea anytime ☕️ xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone who pops by 'old' or new the kettle is always on

Foggy start to the day here.

Morning Joan yes just a filling which I'll have done on the 20th it should be ok too as it hardly hurts yet. Yes imagine standing for 10 minutes. It's been a while since I've had to queue, but I can't just stand still it does my back in. Bless them though they probably don't feel it. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi lovely Hallowe'en picture

Mind you the hair photo is like mine every morning when I get up without the need for pegs or a washing line😂😂

Aha LA has settled his differences with EE has he? bless him that must have taken some swallowing - his Macho Daddy side😉 I wonder whether he is doing the pretending it never happened bit? You know as some people do? A French lady baby too! He is indeed a very popular - I suspect entertaining - littley.

Have you heard from your Mum? I hope all is well, the flight was ok, the hotel is a good one and your Dad is behaving himself.

I survived the dentist for now but a return trip is planned to have it filled now. You must eat fruit! What a mad dentist I do think though it erodes our teeth the acid in it, but it's good for the rest of our health so a glass of water afterwards makes sense. What does not make sense is eating no fruit I can't imagine salad with no tomatoes that would be tasteless wouldn't it?

Did you enjoy your Maccies? Sorry no discount anymore as Lucy has left there. I have the Mcplant if I have anything no chips and the fresh orange juice - even if it will rot my teeth! I think if you have one occasionally they are actually quite nice.

Well how lovely to see you Carol! and to hear all your news.

I am very very sorry indeed to hear about the rift between you and your eldest daughter and youngest GD I am sure sure sure it will settle given time. We have 3 very strong women here don't we? It might take a good bit of time, but it will settle blood is thicker than water. You should keep sending birthday cards and gifts to any small people expecting nothing back. In the meantime here are some ((())) for you it must be so upsetting for you.

I don't like teh sound of the eczema and the weeping legs after the scrape. Have you been checked for diabetes recently? That can make healing much slower.

I'm so sorry you both have COVID but so glad it's now and not two and a half years ago otherwise the outcome might have been far far worse. Get well soon

Hello @hebee Do say hello and introduce yourself.

Morning Toadster how are you today?

Sounds as though you did manage quite a bit yesterday to be fair more than I did! I spent the morning with my friend in Stoke. I won at scrabble😉 lots of very practical talks about the future and she managed to eat something. Operation is on Thursday.

The afternoon was mostly at home (some housework😣) I did some posting on here and some housework then took Lucy to Asda so she could do her shopping and I could see her. She didn't take too long so I was home in time to relax and chill before bed.

I'm so glad you managed to get outside I think it will have done you so much good. I will try today although I am back at podiatry later to get referred for gait assessment. It was a foggy start which bodes well for some decent weather. I might take some pics if I can. Oh I cooked with my own onions yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! They were sooooo tasty!

I have no idea how some people list so much on ebay I think it's a full time job for them probably like 9-5 and they don't have gardens and someone else paints their houses and takes their teeth to the dentist for them.....

Well I am going to chuck some clothes on and go for my walk last test of the temporary insoles the podiatrist made for me. Have a good day now.

A quick wave to Barbara and Kitty I miss you both very much ((())) xxx👋

Breakfast:

eat up Bosh ignore the dentist!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Do you feel more relaxed now you are in your bungalow. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good day last year I was in the garden and I picked up a green flat thing that was heavy when I put it down it disappeared my neighbour said it was a toad.

Barbara (()) I hope everything is alright there you take care (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Carol (()) it’s nice to see you (()) I’m sorry you have had such a lot of sadness do you think when your daughter has a problem she will come to you i hope so (()) love to Mr T (()) Ava is 1 now. How are your other grandchildren.

Toni (()) is Lucy getting on (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Tia (()). I have boots made by the Orthotics they are comfortable they are made to the shape of your foot. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I bet it feels strange there have a good day ((()) I hope your mum and Dad are enjoying it there.

Hebee (()) it’s nice to meet you have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 14. Sep 2022, 11:48
    Options

Hello all.. I am doing all my jobs early today, knock off this afternoon, walk in the evening and early to bed. Has Toady been hacked I hear you say, who is this imposter 😂 well we'll soon see if it works. Foggy start for you & maybe others frog, don't like the sound of that, I slept through it I take it. Windows are starting to condense overnight though, nasty little telltale signs of cold nights/mornings 😬 but it does look v nice out there now so I am off to the garden. Have done a fair bit of tidying and border clearing, bit tricky to know what to put in while I contemplating new hedges as I don't want to have to move too much. May be a case for some of the overflow biannuals I have standing around the place and then see what happens. Lovely onions, oh good.😀 🌰 Anything else coming up apart from the spuds? Hope you can get out today yourself if you haven't too many appts or visits - ooh winning at Scrabble, any super scoring treble wordys or just plodding along? I haven't played for ages I tend to wish the rules were just play your go or maybe pass if really stuck, I've played with people who keep passing and changing letters etc and then it can drag on & on & on. I see you have got podiatry though (not a bad scrabble word) and I hope that's useful. I'm just off to ring Healthcare @ Home (I can't possibly call them Sciensus), which I'm not thrilled about, ingratitude I know considering they are a lifesaver atm but I loved the chat option online which has been under maintenance for months - translation, we're taking it away altogether (just say so!). Once on the phone you have to listen to a million prompts to get the app 😣. I will creep up on the ceiling painting, yes, then again how do you do a short burst and not get problems where your previous edge has dried 🤔 I have had some success with a paint pad and very thin coats and feathering it out but maybe go mad and a really thick coat quickly with a brush? 🤪 I am trying to pay the people for the paint but I have probably just given them an admin headache and really a lot of the time people probably just wish you hadn't said anything. 🤷‍♀️ Have a good day (and all the v best for your friend for tomorrow🤞) xx

Hello again to Carol, and hope you are getting throught the Covid as well and quickly as possible. So sorry that you both have it and do hope it's as mild as possible. Most people I know who have had it have had a mild dose, but even then & with the vaccines it is not anything you want even a touch of is it, I am still extremely nervous myself and keeping away from everyone - v restrictive when you already have plenty of other restrictions in life! Such a shame for you when you had come back from a wedding, too, something nice. Hope the leg is healing well whatever you are doing to help it along, and that you do not need any further medical doings for it 🤞. And of course really sorry you have family probs at the moment and like others have said hopefully it will all come out in the wash, all the best. xx

Hello Joan, it is very easy to mistake a toad for something they are so so good at blending in! Fancy getting as far as picking it up, it must have not been on the alert or you would think it would move if someone was nearby. When younger I used to pick up frogs in the garden occasionally but even though I was careful I realize they wouldn't like it and I wouldn't do it now. I would quite like a pond or some water just to watch them though. Have a good day both of you & the dear dogs :) xx

Hi to bosh and I expect we will see you later for tea and maybe a cheese & tomato sandwich 🥪😀 without crusts of course and dainty china, if we are having an Austen style day, hope your day is pleasing and felicitous so far :)

Wave to Barbara and Kitty 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady🐸

flying mammals are indeed cool 😀. Things Are not going too badly in the parents absence thanks for asking more freedom indeed as you rightly mentioned. It Didn’t get too hot today thankfully I managed to get back before well before midday so that was good planning 👍.

hows your day going so far? I’ll Set my alarm so I can prod you with a virtual umbrella for your evening walk, lol ☔️

I’m leaving this message quite short because still got a few things to do take care. Xx

Hi Toni getting quite tired now but glad you’re well, queuing that’s not good, I would’ve thought they’d provide seats, nvm, maybe take a crutch next time? Just to ease back pressure a bit? LA’s brain is v much mystery to me, but you may well have a point, don’t worry I do eat tomatoes 🍅 etc lol. Stomach was bad yesterday but better now, over - indulged yesterday perhaps.

tc for now xx

hi Joan how are you? I’m ok thanks, parents are good too, mum likes the hotel near beach and dad is pleased too well generally speaking 😀. Tc you and S xx

👋Barbara x

Everyone I may write more later just need to do a few things atm. Bye for now. Xx

ps another bad hair day pic, bill, sorry about ML’s hairspray, it’s not V Sassoon , but Superdrug lol. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni how was your evening going I’m not too bad thanks even though it was a Lucozade day I didn’t have coconut water because my stomach is I was not 100% I think I enjoyed the Maccies thank you but I think in general i ate a bit too much rubbish yesterday don’t think it was the takeaway by itself I think the main culprit was some Bombay mix dad had left around the tempt me so he’s causing problems even when he’s abroad typical dad

I was fairly careful with my food today very plain sandwich and so on and so forth so hopefully fingers crossed I will be okay in time and well enough to visit the Maidenhead mansion on Saturday if I’m going which I most probably am tho not hundred percent certain yet.

No one was actually there in the coffee group today but that was a okay because not that many people go to it anyway especially relatively early birds like me so the likelihood is they just were on holiday or something like that.

J the organiser fitness fanatic lady she does go on a fair amount of nice holidays actually usually quite exotic and remote destinations I remember someone once she said she went quad biking in Egypt or something like that or maybe near Egypt I remember someone told me she had cancer once and she did the biking not long after being getting better She’s a brave person I think she is 83 years old like Lucy is, the bravery I mean of course, not saying she’s 83 years old lol 😂.

my poor mum she said she had to work walk a lot in the at the airport here before they got on the plane she can’t walk a lot due to knee injury, meniscus tear and she said that the buggies need to be booked in advance which none of us knew so she walked a lot and got really tired but then when she eventually got to the hotel she rested and she said she’s ok now bless her.

Dad got in a bit of a mood surprise surprise initially because he said that the desks was too big and the furniture was too big it was the wrong size and it’s made the hotel room look cluttered my goodness Toni he does have to find something to complain about doesn’t he? He’s a bit of a silly character there, elephant - sized ego syndrome going on there is no doubt lol.

Ok I think Ive done enough waffling for now ha ha I hope you’re having a good evening mine isn’t going too badly thank you I’m watching Star Trek I think tomorrow I’ll have to rest because I’ve got really tired today and of course don’t want to make myself Lucozade addict addict lol take care I’ll chat to you tomorrow. Xx

ps pic is one LA’s lady baby pals I met in the library…ok not strictly true lol. Take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸sorry I’ve run out of steam but I will of course share a sandwich with you tho maybe just tomato today 🤢

take care have a good night xx

Ps unusual sewing machine pic lol, Tc. Xx

• toady
    edited 14. Sep 2022, 20:56
    Options

[turns out I didn't get in until after bosh it was meant to be before, I was typing at the time 🕰️ sorry] Just a quick goodnight to bosh (and everyone), glad to hear your parents are getting on ok bosh even though your poor mum had to walk a while (who would think about buggies ahead, I know I wouldn't, even with lots of planning something will always catch you out it seems 🙄), glad she is ok after that and hopefully your Dad can learn to live with the oversized furniture - very Alice in Wonderland! - perhaps better that way round, than a tiny hotel room door you can't get out of 🚪 😬. Glad your day was ok apart from stomach not being the best and good to hear you are chilling with Star Trek 😀 no late night GPs calls or anything to disturb you I hope. I did not get my walk because from not being able to get hold of the builder, he has now gone to the other extreme and texted me 3 times, called round once on the offchance and eventually saw him tonight round 8. The time that he knocked at the door, I was literally - actually literally - injecting my medication, no-one has ever managed timing that perfect before you should get points for that or something. Unbelievable. I will have to wrestle with my own mad hair soon like Mona Lisa, ugh - but nice to know I will be in good company, I buy all my shampoo and stuff from Superdrug because it is cruelty free 😊. Have a good night 👋 xx

and 'night to all 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

wppl xx

• frogmorton
    edited 15. Sep 2022, 07:14
    Options

Morning everyone

The kettle is on

Morning Joan - Lucy is loving her new job and the flat too. I still miss her and shut the curtains in 'her' room at night silly aren't I? I remember you having some new boots a bit back thanks for that. How about you two though? How are you doing? ((())) xxx

What?! Toady? What time was that??

You have been busy! In the garden border clearing, on the phone to scien* (did you actually get anywhere in the end?) trying to pay for paint and deciding how best to pain a ceiling is rather impressive. Thick coat long handled roller or paint pad shower cap on head is my best bet.

Still only spuds

and one and a half cos lettuce

the second one (half) being by the wooden marker🙄

You are right about the windows being steamed up in the mornings as for the fog i can see it easier maybe being in the country(ish)??

Still today looks glorious even if I am going to to Goodwood in the motorhome for the weekend from today. With a bad neck too honestly. All pretty well loaded up plenty of my food just in case and some silly clothes if we decide to dress up....maybe.... it's all outside so should be safe enough and the motorhome is there so I can lie down if needs be.

We play scrabble 'properly' and do our best with the tiles we are given even if it means two letter words quite often! Today is surgery day she will be 'in' now. I have sent a good luck message waiting to hear hwo it goes thanks for remembering.

The builder actually came of his own free will? timing though not so good. I hope you finished your injection though. I had TWO walks yesterday believe it or not!

Morning Reshmi how are you today? I hope stomach is ok? it will be the bombay mix oh yes! That does it to me very time doesn't stop me though if I fancy some😳 lucozade though is the perfect solution.

We are off to Goodwood for the weekend in the motorhome so 'my' food is packed ready to minimise the impact on my stomach. They only sell fizzy drinks and alcohol it seems at this sort of place. I do hope all will be ok for the Maidenhead trip on Saturday. LA and BR will be so happy to see Auntie Goddess Mima😊

Thank you so much for the picture of the lady who marks the roads with her sewing machine! Now I see hwo it's done I always wondered😂

What a shame no-one was at the group😕 I expect as you said anyone who turned up was later than you. Gosh that lady is amazing 83 years old wow doing all that. Lucy is 24 I know you know that, but the cancer part is what you meant i knew🤭

That little girl in the library is adorable and would be a good influence on LA don't you think? I don't know whether he would tolerate being told to be quiet though🤨

I am going to shower and wash my hair now in the hope that I won't need to wash it again while we are in the motorhome. Shower yes hair no it's just too much hard work. Love the pic that could be me if I tried styling it in the motorhome 😁

Next time you Mum goes she must book the buggy (assisted travel is it??) so she can be rested before she gets on the plane. Honestly your Dad does make me laugh! I expect the furniture is lovely. Good luck to your Mum not having you there to talk to. Does she text?

Of course I must send my love to Kitty and Barbara and hope they are both well and happy ((())) xxx👋

Breakfast

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone Sue is visiting the café tomorrow.

Kitty (()) I hope all is well there thinking of you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope things have settled down there. A few years ago I painted our ceiling. Then I liked putting wallpaper up. Not now. Did you go to the door with the injection needle in your hand.

Barbara (()) have a good day I think about you. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) have a lovely time at Goodwood I hope the weather and your back behaves. That’s nice Lucy likes her job (()) love to Paul (()) (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours.

Reshmi (()) have a good day. That’s good your mum (()) and Dad are enjoying the holiday.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi Toni toady Barbara and Joan how are you all today?

I’m a bit sleepy to be honest been feeling drowsy all day but it happens sometimes doesn’t it? A cleaner came today so my mum wanted me to let her in and all that kind of thing so I didn’t go out in the morning and it was an early start for me too so basically haven’t been out and feeling drowsy but otherwise not too bad generally speaking thanks, had a nice lunch kind of Indian beef thing tho not cooked my me to be honest tried to be careful with the portion size but it was so yummy and anyway didn’t eat massive amount that’s all I can say hopefully my stomach can tolerate it, was really tempted to get the tuna mayonnaise sandwich or at least this kind of tuna sandwich thing I make with ketchup and other things but somehow managed to control myself, because on Monday night I was really feeling quite weak with the stomach I was so tired I couldn’t even get up and make some squash but I did sleep well so that was ok in the end 👍.

hi again toady 🐸 so the builder went into overdrive that’s quite funny in some ways tho must’ve been really annoying though when he turned up when you were injecting your meds 😡 oh dear.Jane Austen day that’s a great idea, I’m not that Keen on cucumber sandwiches though bit bland for my taste mind you I’m so hungry at the moment that any sandwich would do, Barring perhaps a pizza alien monster sandwich of course lol. You’re prob right dad may have be having an Alice in Wonderland experience in Portugal or more likely he’s just cranky but he can’t spend all day on his iPad doing “life-saving work” for the cultural society that he’s obsessed with here in Reading, Think I’ll leave it there for now toady hope you’re having a good afternoon and take care. Xx

Ps pic is a female bill having “slightly too much coffee” , time to post him some chamomile tea please t lol. Xx

• bosh
    edited 15. Sep 2022, 13:59
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you doing today?

i am keeping it fairly brief today

i hope you have a nice break in the motorhome 👍

it was slightly unfortunate about the group but I don’t mind that much to be honest because at least it was a motivation to get out and about.

I feel I have to go to see my sister even though I’m very apprehensive about it but it would upset too many people if I didn’t go I guess

my sister said that LA has got very excited about auntie goddess Mima visiting and his is already starting to make stipulations for example he said I have to bring the flowery handbag, I think I know what he means its a fabric shoulder bag with a sunflower pattern and he really likes it he was about to take it from me but then I said that it was mine and that it was a ladies bag and then good old macho Daddo recoiled from such a feminine device and said “look you’re my you’re my auntie there’s not Jane Austen if you want a bag why not have a bag with spaceships and dinos on it like a normal auntie” okay that last line may have been a bit of a fabrication but it is Jane Austen apparently according to toady lol.

glad that Lucy is enjoying her new flat and job

my mum does text yes, she went to botanical gardens with massive plants and there’s a banana tree inside her hotel, good job i didn’t go really, can you imagine the pollen count? ok bye for now Toni tc xx

ps pic of holiday gardens was similar to this. Xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all, later today because it was nice earlier for getting things done so I shuffled all my order of jobs around - it cut up quite windy later on actually so I'm glad I had a good spell. Frog your potatoes are splendid (I really should have a go, shouldn't I 🤔) even if your poor cos are having a hard start in life 😔 I do hope its marker doesn't turn into a little RIP one 🤞. What do you do indoors from here on in the season, greenhouse etc? Also do you go in for windowsill herbs etc because they always seem to hate me 😕. Hope it has been niceish weather for you, I have mainly been tidying & also looking at some other hedges on line for the cleared (ish) border, thinking of laurel possibly Portuguese. Pic of my mexican orange blossom hedges, only a lazy snap through the window haha, and pots of foxgloves that are about to belatedly go out, with their 'baby photo' - a few of the pots that is, I have pots and pots of them they were just so successful. Two walks yesterday, oh, teacher's pet 😄👨‍🏫 I have to stand in the corner in that case - but maybe later - I could still restitute matters. Hope you have a good(wood) weekend even if you are not able to 100% punch the air with excitement owing to iffy bits of back/neck etc, hopefully with liedowns at intervals all will be fine 😀. Is Kari popping in for Sleek or Lucy (no it's not silly pulling Lucy's curtains, at all). I did get through to HAH after about 15 mins and 20 repetitions of the 'app app app go and get the app' message 🙄 and I did finish my injection yes, by dint of ignoring the door, but it could have put a lesser person 😉 off their stride. We are in talks over the next little job which will be the judge of whether he will be ok for future things, touch wood, hopefully nice beautifully planed wood not knotty old splintery wood 😬 oh please. Have a good evening and I do hope things are as well as poss with your friend xx

Hello joan, here are my first 2 orange blossom hedges hope they do well as they were nice healthy plants so have got off to a good start. 🤞Yes that would have given the builder a turn if I had gone to the door syringe in hand 😂 it was too late for that! It just illustrates what I always say that no-one should ever be tapping at your door uninvited, because they just do not know what you are doing 😬. I have never hung wallpaper I think I would get in a twist over it, even my Dad used to get exasperated. I don't think I will give it a go now it will have to be white paint everywhere & like it 😄. Have a good evening - Friday tomorrow already, surely not. 😮 xx

Hi to bosh and glad to hear your parents are getting on ok the botanical gardens sound lovely 🌴🌺 and nice that she is sending pictures :) Hope everything else going ok and not too much else you needed to do after letting the cleaner in. Looks like LA is looking forward to Sat the most 😂 I hope it's not too bad for you 👍️. Very funny that he has specified the sunflower bag 🌻 maybe he will grow up to be a stylist among all his other job roles (good example of course of why everything about 'things for girls and things for boys' is silly, because if you'd said sunflower bags are the very height of manliness, that would be alright presumably 🤔 nice that he's pleased about your visit though, aw 😊). I'm putting the kettle on this very min so we can have a plain sandwich or a plain biscuit if you'd rather, and tomorrow we don't have to worry about etiquette, one day of Jane Austen manners is enough we can drink out of any old mugs ✌️. xx

Hello Barbara did you see the builder called round and tapped when I was mid-injection 🙄😂 I know I wanted him to come round 'sharpish' but... 😂 Hope things as well as possible with you all xx

and love to Kitty hope you are getting on fine 😘 xx

have a good evening everyone xx

• toady
    edited 15. Sep 2022, 19:46
    Options

Mexican orange blossom, and Apricot foxglove plants (from seed this year) 🌱