bosh Member Posts: 3,948

Hi t 🐸

the roobarb and c theme tune!

I remember that!

sorry gtg rest will post again later tc xx

• bosh

Hi again toady 🐸

to be honest I am ceasing my wittering on for today to your good self as you may or may not be glad to know lol.

just not feeling too great

hope you have a good night Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

That must’ve been v annoying when L realised halfway through journey, easily done though 🙂

yes mums v good with LA

during half term meal out almost near time to leave I couldn’t really take the backache related to cold interior and bad seating any longer so I told mum I’d wait for them outside restaurant, she told LA too, but he was so entranced by his orange juice etc he forgot then he suddenly thought mima had vanished- maybe eaten by the excess- fruit - Witch 🧙‍♀️, who knows? So he ran out of shop without coat crying and shouting Mima, but luckily my mum managed to put his coat on him just as he left the building (not in an Elvis manner of course, possibly elvish tho, a concerned nephew elf lol) - bless.

Ok I wrote more than I intended still trying to ration my energy as it were I know you’ll understand.

yes worrying about mum, but glad it’s nothing worse

have a good night in advance, save me some vegan hot choc if you’re in the kitchen please 🙂

bye Toni Tc xx

Ps found an interesting new baker 😂

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

mum has chest infection so not good of course but at least not more serious thanks 🙏

I was feeling a bit better but now sore throat etc kicked in dads got it too, but we don’t have chest infections

have a nice evening and night bye tc xx

• bosh

Hi everyone

no extensive post just a good night xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096

Hi all, just a quick goodnight wave - the boilerman cometh tomorrow 😬 so I have been in full-blown groundhog day mode, not too early a morning thankfully but will probably be stuck with him for a fair while while he takes it to a million bits and goes to get parts & who knows what.

Will be back in when I can so just a thanks for everyone's chat etc and see you soon, thanks for the goodnight wish bosh (and anything else would have been wasted on me today while I'm in a froth about tomorrow, so another time; wittering always gratefully received 😊 👍️), all the best for your mum's speedy recovery and hope your sore throat goes quickly too, tc xx

See you all tomorrow, love to frog joan & sue Barbara Kitty & everyone 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 22. Feb 2023, 07:26

Morning everyone!

Joan thanks for asking my ankle is doing ok now pretty well ignorable! You know what I mean I think. Lucy is doing well thanks bless her check up next week at the hospital for her. How about you two? and the carers are they all keeping well? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am very impressed that you made it to group. That's determination for you, but you were very wise indeed to keep your mask on of a lot of the members have germs ATM.

Thank you for asking I am doing ok ATM just need a few extra hours in the day

Good that the Drs know what's so wrong with your poor Mum - no wonder her temperature wouldn't come down. Fingers crossed the antibiotics work really quickly.

Hope the bloods come back ok I am sure they will🤞

Woo-woooo! get BR! Star of the week indeed. How much did my girls love being star of the week! He is a very happy and friendly chap I imagine they all love him at nursery.🤩

How sweet is LA caring so much about his Goddess Auntie Mima! I know he didn't realise (probably busy doing LA-type things!)you were ok, but me clearly loves you very much🤗

Love the purple cup and saucer so pretty.

The 'new baker' (the kitten pic you posted) looks like the kitten Lucy found who is it seems definitely a girl and called Minnie now.

there you go one each and I have more in the back of the café for Joan and Toady and anyone else who pops in. The marshmallows are optional of course.

Take care of yourself.

Toady oh dear😣 We are thinking of you today probably stressed (I know I would be) with the boilerman in situ. Still he's going to fix that boiler and it needs fixing doesn't it? A cup of tea and a biccie he'll be happy I expect.

My fingers are crossed that he's done and dusted early leaving you with enough time to get outside for a bit. It's raining here so I'm not sure when I will get out - but I WILL! Somehow.

I doubt I said anything important yesterday to be honest I rarely do😁 I do remember admiring the finished Cold frame though and particularly the spot you put it in near some pots - lovely!

Take care

vegan option too.

• bosh

Morning everyone xx

Hi Toni 🌺

glad you’re ok

im not feeling too good sore throat congested etc

mums bit better now I think but had bad night

she’s sleeping now

she needs the rest poor lady

what did you think of LA running out of restaurant?

bye for now Toni Tc xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you I hope you are well. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope the boiler man is there hard at work. I hope he doesn’t take too long and then say I have to come back we haven’t got that part. Good luck (())

Barbara (()) How are you and Mr B (()) thinking about you take care (()). Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Another posh cafe thank you. I hope Paul is doing alright (()) Minnie is a little girl nice and cuddly. Yes the carers are well thank you. Love to your friend (()) and Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Keef (()) and Lisbeth (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Joan

mum had a bad night but she’s a bit better now thanks

I haven’t been feeling too well today but slightly better now

bye tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

How are you this afternoon?

thanks so much for vegan hot choc lol

I needed that

mum is a bit better now thanks

dad went to doc today and got antibiotics- he’s got some kind of virus

I started feeling a bit better after lunch and paracetamol but still not normal appetite had to remind myself to eat which isn’t normal for me at all

ape ancestors thats funny

LA sometimes tries to climb my legs but then I remind him about how my leg got “stuck in the mud” to use P Pig terminology then he stops lol.

yes odd about time isn’t it? Either there’s a horrific abundance of it or there’s not enough time to breathe or so it seems to me sometimes.

that’s good about L’s cat 🐈

ok I’ll stop for now as not using the stand need to be careful with neck

bfn Toni Tc xx

ps vehicle for my sis lol xx

• bosh

Hi toady xx

• toady

Hi all 😊

Boilerman been & gone thankfully, and thank you everyone, hard work but all in all am v fortunate because things went as well as possible. Looks like his original horror stories of having to as good as uninstall it down to the bone & lord knows what else may not transpire 🤞, it's still on the wall, awaiting part deux tomorrow but he did get on well all parts were in stock. He accepts tea & declines biccies frog but he also usually has a string of little 'have you gots' including string today actually, masking tape, rags, odd bit of wood 😂 what the experience lacks in actual fun, ie the stress as you say & the housework & the general ghastliness, it makes up for in entertainment value he is a 'caution' & no mistake. Should be downhill all the way now thankfully, even later start tomorrow which is an absolute mercy, no heat & hot water for now but no big deal, as long as I have water. Ta for the good wishes and also for kindly admiring the coldframe 😀 the pots were put there afterwards, picture posed by models shall we say 😂 2 lots of own tulips, and the pre-xmas purchases of dwarf buddleia & sarcococca ruscifolia so shop-bought rather than grown by me (but I haven't killed them that counts for something). Looking forward to a really good rearrange now 👍️. I will look into the compost further, they have other products with good reviews on a certain website but the compost is too new on there to have any yet. Sorry yours is not quite 'there' but if you say it will do for toms well that's something. Hope you're all well today, what is this talk of Lucy & kittens what have I missed? Minnie & Winnie, does this mean she is staying 😺? Good luck for Lucy's checkup and glad to read in passing that your ankle is all but better 😀. Thank you for the 'supplies' hot choc and cheese on toast, needless to say normal catering has been 'off'. 'night from me, I am going to tidy up after events maybe make it as far as the wide-mouthed postbox & head off early. xx

Hello joan, things are well on their way now with the boiler thank you 😊 he did have to go for parts but that was always going to be the case because he didn't want to buy every last bit & then not need them, once he got in there. He is very good it all went well he was here quite a while so it was better for me that he did have to go out part way it gave me a break. Tomorrow should see it finished hopefully🤞. Thank you about my cold frame too I am glad it is outside now I was starting to think it would still be in here next winter, there are jobs in the house waiting their turn from a lot longer than that 😂. Hope you have had a good day :) xx

Hi to bosh, sorry your dad is having to have antib's too 😔 you are not getting an even break atm, like frog said it was good you got to group at all and hope you carry on feeling better yourself, glad your mum is too. Well done baby BR (can't really call him that but never mind) for his star 💫 how lovely he's settled do well. LA running out after you was sweet and I liked the elvish play on words, very good 😄. Too busy with boiler/housework scenario to do much today but hopefully will get a bit of free time later in week now. Not even sure what day it is at the moment 📆 . Glad I reminded you of the R & C theme haha as long as it is not running through your head, was a bit 'zany' cartoon type like some others of that time, actually I've seen some products featuring it lately probably remarketing it as retro/cool/post-ironic something or other like they do with these things. Have a good night if poss and a better day, see you when I'm next in hoping I don't have to write too huge a cheque otherwise I may have to go into the cheese sandwich entrepreneur line myself 🥪💰️. 👋 xx

Love to all 😘

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Hooray, my carer (well one of them) took my phone to be unlocked. Only cost a tenner and now I've had the [joy]? Of setting it up. GULP so I am available again, and have tried ringing a certain Ms Sleekipus owner. Where are you Antoinette?

Anita has been for a DEXA scan today, as yet her bones aren't bad enough for treatment, but watch out little sister, they will be! Why did I call her LITTLE sister when she is 5ft 7 and I'm 4ft 8?

I'm trying to get back into poetry again, but the old brain cell isn't playing! Must get some sleep - if my bladder will let me.

SPRING IS KNOCKING ON MY DOOR

Good title for a poem. I'll have a ponder on that one.

XXXXX

My phone and tablet wallpaper.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

glad gasman visit went well 👍

im feeling a bit ooky but relieved mums getting better thanks

I’ll save my stories for another day

have a good night Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 23. Feb 2023, 07:13

Morning Joan I will try to post a pic of Minnie in a bit! She is tiny I hope Winnie will like her, but it might take time. Glad the carers are doing ok they have been a great bunch Sue has. Take care both of you ((())) xxx

Hi Kitty! I did see I had missed your call. Will try you today if I can might fail I have to see two people one being my bereaved friend and the other a grumpy person from the village who I have to tell something she won't want to hear! GULP!!!! Help me!

Madame La Sleekipuss has been over again last night she reckons it's warmer at yours!

Love the screensaver he is adorable. What fabulous carers you have ☺️

Do not worry your poetry mojo will return all of a sudden it happens. Now you've had your eyes done and got your new specs do we need big writing? Just a thought 💭 ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am very concerned that you have caught your Mum's cold. As long as it doesn't go to your chest too you don't need that. No appetite is quite worrying.

I hope she (your Mum) is starting to feel a little better now and her antibiotics are working quickly. I do feel for her and know how much you care about her ((())) for you both. Hope your Dad also feels better soon. I can't see you being able to see EF this weekend you are all too unwell😒 Though I don't think it was planned anyway was it?

I did see that LA ran out of the restaurant after you I thought it was the sweetest thing! That boy loves his Goddess Auntie Mima very much. 😍That's why he tries to climb up your legs too even though they are stuck in the mud Peppa pig style😉

Loving your sister's motorbike😂 If she had one that would definitely be it!

Well you take extra care for now and if you can't cope with posting much today don't worry the main thing is you are ok. I will just make you another vegan hot choc

Morning Toady. The boiler is fixable!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee😊

Your boilerman sounds a card indeed he does!! String and masking tape and a later start today. Well done him only accepting tea no biccies. He is probably wise in his job he could get quite rotund 😉 No hot water or heating overnight, but you have a kettle and hopefully plenty of blankies and jumpers? Sleek brought you this

Looks like Minnie can stay if no one responds to the vet database of lost and found animals.... kids eh🙄 I will try to post a pic in a bit of her she is tiny! Have done it's with my message to Joan.

Posed by models! Brilliant! Love it beautifully posed by models shop bought or home grown all of our plants are lovingly cared for and hopefully not killed by us aren't they? I so want to get outside and be 'selfish' that's where I am really 'me' you know? Struggling for time this week. Paul's birthday Friday and he's having the day off so have lost tomorrow. Lucy was off yesterday so had to spend time with her etc etc....

Such is life.

I hope you got to the wide-mouthed 📮 yesterday. I managed a walk miracle of miracles. Take care and have a good day.

yum!

• bosh

Good morning everyone xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) It’s lovely seeing you on here (()) that was kind of your carer unlocking your phone nice wallpaper. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good your boiler can be fixed. Did the boiler man say how long it will last or is it a young boiler. I hope you weren’t too cold last night. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you doing I hope everything is alright there (()). Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry I thought Lucy had changed Winnie’s name to Minnie I didn’t realise there was two cats. What did you do to your finger nail (()) have a good time with your friend (()) I’m sorry you have to give bad news to someone (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I’m sorry you don’t feel well (()) is your mum feeling a bit better (()) and your dad has antibiotics now good. Have a good day

love to Keef and Lisbeth (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

im not too bad atm thanks but still not quite normal

glad you’ve got some less busy days

last night was better for me thanks

partly because I knew what to expect I guess the horrible blocked nose and somewhat blocked and ooky ears, still feels like I can hear the tidal waves in them though lol

got twinges of toothache from time to time but I think it’s the type related to ears and virus or whatever anyway Choc free house atm coincidentally not sure how long it will last though lol

Ah the cheese sandwich business, now that’s a lucrative one, lol, it appears first sandwich was made by LA and the rest by granny though 😱

best not to tell that to your customers though 😂

mum seems same as yesterday thanks, she had a big Barney with dad this morning but that’s nothing new 🤷‍♀️

dads complaining a lot but he’s got more energy today

ok I’ll stop there still tired but less than yesterday thanks

bfn toady Tc xx

ps National toast day apparently xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

im feeling a bit better today def not normal but getting there thanks

mums a little bit better thanks

dads got more energy but won’t admit he’s got so obsessed with energy bills that he’s stopped putting light on when using stairs at night 😡

if I see him I’ll put on light of course but this is the last thing I need

he also tried to make mum and I do the same, but we’ve both fallen / injured ourselves on stairs before so we refused stood strong 💪

and so on lol, still if I start listing all my dad’s disturbing characteristics this will be a never ending post lol

My sis invited megabrain and i to a meal out tomorrow oh well there’ll be other opportunities

i read you had to see the grumpy person in the village- oh dear, how did that go?

I am feeling more hungry today so that’s good thanks 🙏

No EF visit planned

thanks about pic

i just wanted to say that I boiled some eggs recently, a strange piece of news I know, but the good part was that my mum showed me a lightweight cooking jug and sieve so I didn’t have to hurt my wrist carrying anything heavy👍

it’ll be even better when I use the lightweight sauce pan so I can at least cook rice and so on but I of course won’t bother mum about the location of that atm

recently the docs pharmacist made a stupid but v stressful mistake with my MH meds, Ive got enough tablets but they got dosages wrong so I’ll have split tablets or whatever so I panicked for a while until I’d sorted it out, I really hate it when they do this kind of thing, I sometimes feel I’m halfway to being a pharmacist myself now only joking of course lol

and if my maths is better than the pharmacist’s that’s something extremely worrying indeed double ook😱😱

im no mathematician unlike megabrain

Elephant trunk lady baby and family will be returning to India in July unfortunately- her dads job was just short term

LA’s mummy told him this and said that he won’t see her at school after that time, but LA said she’ll still be there she’ll just travel from India in the morning and return there in afternoon- a kind of cross - ocean commute, lol, what a terrible idea lol, even more tiring than the cross - county commute I used to do.

Thanks for the drink

bye for now Toni Tc xx

ps more toast humour and I can’t quite remember exactly where ETLB’s family is from but here’s a nice Indian river scene with traditional Hindu lights anyway xx

• bosh
    edited 23. Feb 2023, 16:37

Hi Joan

im feeling a bit better thanks 👍

so is my mum thank you 🙏

Dad’s improved a bit even though he won’t admit it lol

I hope you both have a good afternoon

bye tc xx

ps cabbage art lol xx

• bosh

Ok I’m not doing a toady - wait today no offence

Far too cold

but back to what t said, not starting school till ten am

interesting but like a lot things it’s weather - dependent

keep warm everyone try not to stay up till the wee small hours freezing and brooding about things not good for you my reptilian friend lol

but then again I may well be misunderstanding in which I case I humbly apologise

good night all xx

• toady
    edited 23. Feb 2023, 23:06

Hi, all, just a v speedy line to say am ok, have heat & hot water back and all done & dusted, touch wood 👍️. Am a bit of a spent force now 😴, I thought it might go slightly easier today with not being an early start but if anything it was slightly more trying because I was tired from yesterday I suppose. Was still here for 5-6 hours and by then I was fairly desperate to shut the door behind him, you can't really say it's dreadful torture having a perfectly nice chap you've known for years here & mostly minding his own business, but when you're pining for a liedown & a cup of tea and to take your public face off time doesn't half crawl 😫😂. Have a grocery shop tomorrow (will I get my overpriced tomatoes? 🍅 and other such fascinating questions 😂) and a couple of odds & ends to do but will be in later to catch up. Love to all & thanks, going to bed now and v glad to be back to my own ramshackle existence (and genuinely grateful to mr boiler who has done a 5* job and for less than most). Have a good day frog and Happy Birthday to Paul 😊 (how v inconsiderate to have a birthday & for Lucy to have time off & take you away from your 'yourself' time, people, honestly 🙄😉 yes I do know exactly what you mean. Maybe the weekend🤞we might get outside). xx

See you all tomorrow, thank you joan I wasn't cold it did not seem to be too bad and I had a hot water bottle (courtesy of Sleek 😉😘), it was chillier this morning than yesterday but by then I could put fires on. The boiler is middle-aged should be alright for a while yet 👍️ after that who knows. Have a good night love to both :) xx

'night to bosh too and do hope the tide is not still going in & out for you tomorrow, not nice at all I know what you mean. See you tomorrow and tell the cheese entrepreneur formerly known as the gas toddler that he may well be wise to keep his boiler maintenance skills up to date it's certainly a jolly good living 😱 (but could have been worse I consider myself lucky). Tc and bfn :) xx

Love to all 👋 and lovely to see Kitty will chat next time, I am a bit past my best tonight 😘 xx

• bosh

Morning everyone xx

• bosh

Where is Toni 🌺 this morning?

hopefully she just forgot to post

ok everyone bfn xx