Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options

Morning everyone

Morning Joan. How are you and Sue doing today? It is good that they are doing tests on Paul the sooner the better. Only Tosca was still alive when Aidan went, but of course she helped Bill get through his losses with his Dad going only a month or so after Aidan. So much suffering for him I'm glad he has Glenn now. He seems nice I have met him. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I expect you to be quite tired after going to the group yesterday. When you are recovering from a virus you can still be weak for weeks. Very wise wrapping up it's chilly out there.

Your Mum sounds to be getting there and how nice of you to get a treat that you can both share.

All is well here thanks.

Aha those book titles are fake! Very clever thanks for vetting them for us! Your Dad also wanders off does he? Paul does it all the time I'm sure it's that they are still about LA's age in their minds, some men, so stubborn!🙄

Carrots? I need to eat 🥕 and plenty of them 'adequate' enough to defeat my enemies? Ok got it off to Unesco asap😁 I suspect it will work for any foe including neighbours, Rileys and even nasty neighbours. Do you really think it needs to intravenous consumption? You can drink the stuff but it's ever so sweet. I had some at the airport your Dad wasn't wandering about there you'll be glad t know) it was shockingly sweet.

A hygiene rating of -7?!😄 I don't believe it!😅I think anyone cooking toad tresses might have though. Possibly is our Toady was to let any of her garden wildlife in too🤨

I never eat late either it gives me belly ache and there can be consequences😮say no more.

Love the porridge with the heart shape on it you just want to EAT it don't you?😋

Take care ((()))

Morning Toady How are you feeling today?

Thank you Kari has worked very hard on her channel bless often from early until far too late for her 7 days a week. She does multimedia type art hang on I'll quickly take some pics...

This is a 'junk' journal she made for me. At the moment she is doing the 100 tags in 100 days challenge.

I think she may have to get her DIL to help with maybe getting the Etsy shop stuff packed and posted.

What you do is great very much handyperson stuff - you are an engineer! They make things don't they? I wish I was as handy. It was cold yesterday wasn't it? Today I am busy busy again including church cleaning. Most people on the rota are over 70.

My email inbox is here on this poor ill-treated laptop. I did delete a couple on pages yesterday and more importantly unsubscribed from stuff I don't remember subscribing to!. I doubt it has made a significant difference to the overall percentage which still stands at 99%😳I think very like yours about 4,000!

hah!

Have a good day and roll on spring 😊

vegan option

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,068
    Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,934
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day I hope you are well. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) It’s a quiet day for you enjoy it. How is your roof.

Barbara (()) How are you and your family (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (())) that’s nice that Bill has got a new partner (()) how are your pains (()) all the best to Paul for his test (()) love to your friend (()) and your brother (()) love to Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s nice you went to your club (()) love to your mum (()) have a good day .

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Everyone

just a little poetic contribution here will write properly later xx

Poem for VC called Ode To Breakfast Etc

sorry toady, I didn’t intend to write some libel

I know your spare hair is just for birds who like to recycle

and if a lady - bird’s intentions are bridal

she can, of course make a hairy wedding dress without fear of reprisal

but it just makes the time go faster, if I write jokes and rhymes

and who knows? one day maybe we’ll all eat high-fibre hair porridge - I might just need to move with the times 😂

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,138
    edited 2. Mar 2023, 20:52
    Options

Hi all - bit of a funny old day if you ask me.

If you had seen me fixing the washing prop earlier frog you would not have good things to say about my DIY, pride goes before a fall &c I made a right hash absolutely anything I could drop or mess up I did 😂 and I seem to have literally every spanner than the one size I needed. Did the silly thing when you press on with a job and overran lunch, made myself cold & tired & grumpy 🙄 ah well I took a hold of myself eventually. All would be solved by a top spec workshop of course, ok well only the room to manouevre, not the human error bits. I love your notebook of Kari's 😊 I only have to see anything like that and I want to start scrapbooking or something myself, but have to stop myself as I know I become paralysed with the inability to choose what to do where any craft thing is concerned - used to buy the odd jewellery making item &c but it's no use - too much choice too many permutations 😫. Love her choice of fabrics/patterns/beads etc 😍 I'm guessing she has a lot of nice storage things full of bits. Hope the challenge thing is a success & not so much of one you, Paul and Sleek all get co-opted into packaging - I wonder if you ever saw the episode of big bang theory about 'penny blossoms'. 4,000 emails, you are a lightweight my child 😂 luckily my webmail has a decent limit and also as it's not being stored locally they aren't taking up room, so I can't worry about slimming them I'm afraid - files and folders, now.. 😱. Hope the church cleaning was fun in its own way 😀 ageing congregations/membership numbers are such a problem everywhere really aren't they, and thus funds, etc 😔. Hope you have a good Friday (omg already? well I'm not putting out my recycling bin, so there). Love to all & thinking of you both for tomorrow's medical doings :) xx

Hello joan hope you have had a good day, yes it was quiet, well if you ignore the not too distant noise from a new housing development they are throwing up on a former nice green space 🙄 and I am trying to ignore it, and just be thankful I'm no nearer. I can't remember, did I answer you that the skip is still next door? If not, yes, and not much going on there thankfully🤞. Have a good night :) xx

Bosh your poem made me laugh so much 😂😂 was having a bit of a grumpy day so you really cheered me up, thanks 😊. As for that baby, well, talk about an old soul as they say, where do some babies get a face like that from 😄. Hope things ok with you today (I am going to check you haven't posted anything in the meantime) will catch up with your news when you do. 👋 :) xx

Love to all 😊 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this evening?

thanks yes I’m still not feeling quite 100 %, but I’m careful, just did a small walk today 👍

Thanks wasn’t really a v big diabetic choc, just what was available at health food shop but she enjoyed it so that was good 😀

I was on the verge of upsetting my stomach yesterday, perhaps had a bit too much dairy, but the old squash and water trick worked yesterday thank goodness

you’re right, I’ve no idea why bill isn’t following docs advice properly, I can’t imagine what it must be like to suffer from acid reflux all the time, brother in laws move in mysterious ways it seems, all of which lead to cafe eyebrow plucks it seems, lol.

lm glad everything is ok with you 😀

you’re welcome about the book pics👍

some of them are really quite offensive, quite sexist really, I wonder which decade they originate from 🤔

well maybe IV carrots is step too far, it sounds funny though lol

Dad wasn’t at the airport lol, I see, well maybe a short or not so short break would do him and us good lol.

Carrot juice that’s interesting, raw veg juice doesn’t agree with me unfortunately though.

Theres a kind of Indian dessert/ pudding that’s made of carrots, gajar haluwa, it’s so delicious, but full of butter and not really good for anyone, well definitely not “adulks” anyway lol.

im sorry Toni it’s been a higgeldy piggeldy day

I started writing this post ages ago, various things going in the house

mum has kidney checkup tomorrow so things are tense

i love K’s junk journal, she’s so creative 😄

I’ll go for now we all have to get up early tomorrow

have a nice night take care xx

ps maybe the receptionists and their managers need an image change lol 😂

• bosh
    Options

greetings to the toady 🐸

No time to chat now really or even to eat your porridge that I know is hair - free really 😂

I may poss be able to send a another post in a few mins will see how it goes

sorry about that

saw a littley, he was cycling to cake shop def in school hours, I blame that Riley, lol, the only prob is if you gave R a mask he might lick that too lol

have a good night t and tc xx

ps giant mushroom apparently xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you both?

thanks about the group

we are all not too bad Ty

mum has kidney checkup at hospital tomorrow

hope you and Sue have a good night tc xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan how are you doing? I am not struggling too much atm thanks for asking . Just the usual which I'm used to I expect you're the same? Thanks I'm sure the scan will be fine for Paul this afternoon. ((())) xxx

Reshmi brilliant poem👍🤭

Loved it. We must make use of our mad hair mustn't we?!

How are you today? A short walk is better than no walk I think.

Regarding the choc you and your Mum shared....a little bit of what you like does you good 👍

Well done averting a bad stomach though with the water and squash trick. You know I have acid reflux and take lansoprazole 30s every morning. Couldn't manage without. I know what makes it worse too. I think BIL is very silly , but l can't imagine telling him makes any difference at all🙄

The book pics are so funny glad you are digging the offensive ones on our behaves though. I reckon they are from the 70s maybe what do you think?

Dad's can wander off anywhere🙄🙄

Early start for you oh dear you'll be tired today.

I'm glad you liked Kari's junk journal thank you she is creative. She can get a bit carried away. Atm she is making a tag a day for 100 days!

Take care now thinking of your Mum's kidney check up ((())) xx

Morning Toady how are you today?

You know at least you roll up your sleeves and try! The clothes prop did not win, but running over lunch isn't good at all is it? Oh dear I hope you've recovered overnight.

The one spanner Size you needed🙄 typical. I still admire your hard work.

Oh my gosh Kari has everything you can imagine so many storage boxes and shelves in her studio. She has journal prompt cards too to help you decide what to do. Like a pack of cards? You shiffle them and it tells you sort of, what colours/materials etc to use.

You rebel you!!!! Refusing to put out your recycling bin 😆😆

Take care have a good day everyone 💗

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have a good day (()) thinking of you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (()) have a good weekend

Toady (()) I’m sorry your prop did not prop up where you wanted it to (()) I hope you can get it to work somewhere like a bean pole or something like that. Have a good day and weekend

Barbara (()) I hope you and Mr B (()) have a good day (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (()) have a good weekend

Toni (()) good luck for Paul’s appointment this afternoon (()) Sue takes Lansoprazole 30 morning and night she has a Hernia in her food pipe. She knows what she can eat has well i take 1 a day for Acid in my throat. Sue likes trifle at Christmas so she has it for breakfast Christmas morning. That’s good Kari (()) is doing well with her crafts. How is your friend (()) and Lucy(()) and Winnie and Minnie doing. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (()) have a good weekend

Reshmi (()) I hope your mums appointment goes well (()) don’t worry have a good day and weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi toady

how are you today?

im really glad you enjoyed the poem 🙏

mum’s appointment went well thanks

kidneys are ok 👍👍

she had chest x ray too, but doc didn’t seem worried about chest

will write more later

bfn tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

sorry I temporarily forgot you have acid reflux

but my main point was of course bills making it worse through his own greed lol

mums kidneys are working well according to doc 👍👍

but i actually got the chest bit wrong doc said they’re some issues with chest it seems we don’t know if it’s serious yet, waiting for x ray results

its been a tiring day already and I must self inject methotrexate fairly soon

i saw a littley, he was cycling to cake shop def in school hours, that Riley, he’s even contaminating school dinners!

sorry this isn’t a proper reply

ps a world book day costume, I really hope this isn’t a female bill in his / her youth 😂 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you both today?

mum’s appointment went fairly well thanks

her kidneys are fine

she had chest x ray though

were waiting for results

bfn tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺 and toady 🐸

I’ve found a pic of one of Riley’s great grandfathers- scientists are now wondering if his novel approach to dining is genetic- good job I avoided a lunchtime tuna sandwich- double ook 😱😱. Xx

• bosh
    Options

hi again Toni 🌺

another amendment from me lol, my mum was v tired when she got home from hospital, as was I, so I misinterpreted some things she said, she said no issues really about chest, doc just did x ray to be thorough or something like that, so that’s good 👍

yes dad and Paul do like wandering around it seems, it’s a good job I haven’t been on holiday with dad recently, doubt if I’d have the energy to catch up with him these days lol, it was bad enough when I was young and slim haha

The Wed group was ok thanks, but the second M as I call her came, she’s ok at times, but basically she told me that her problems regarding anxiety aren’t constant, so they are times when seating details don’t really bother her, but sometimes I feel she’s taking advantage of the situation a bit, like this Wednesday she arrived last out of J the organiser, RR and myself, but when she arrived she made J the organiser move herself, her large winter coat and two heavy bags of al fresco shopping, just so that she could sit in a certain seat that “faced outward” or something like that - “faced outward” ? I’ve not heard that stipulation from her before, I just don’t think it’s very nice or respectful really, if she’s that bothered she could turn up earlier instead of last minute, anyway I’ll leave it there.

The Tuesday group is a bit different, she goes to it too, but she’s one of the people who won’t even greet anyone if she doesn’t feel like it, which is ok of course, but it makes it harder for me as I don’t really know anyone else there, apart from one of workers a lady called A, but I don’t know A that well at all really, not yet and I’m not really an extrovert even though I spend a lot of time nattering on here lol.

I remember the Tuesday before last, there was a group of young people who kept themselves to themselves, a young worker / volunteer type person who welcomed me who was friendly enough and then a group of old ladies who seemed in the middle of some sort of discussion and of course second M sitting in her special seat talking only to people who matched her particular criteria on that day or whatever was going on lol, but it will get easier, unless there are too many massive dog situations, then I’ll give it a miss.

A long time ago, pre - lockdown, I used to do some charity voluntary work in the town centre, which wasn’t too bad, some nice people used to volunteer there, but I had to sort out bags of old dirty secondhand books and it really wasn’t particularly clean work, of course I’d wear gloves wash hands and so on, but I really wouldn’t feel safe going back to that work in these times of Covid of course, bit of a shame though in a way.

It’s world book day today so here’s some book art

bye Toni tc xx

• toady
    edited 3. Mar 2023, 21:21
    Options

Hi all - just a quick visit - bit gloomy all day wasn't it, no sun to be had 🤨 soon surely.

Will be off to bed shortly to get warm & turn the internet off, whence I have been too much already. Just in case you or anyone has porridge envy frog I hasten to stress I can in no way eat late either, I don't have an evening meal at all these days & only have something little if I feel I haven't had enough - mainly I try & get more calories in earlier at breakfast &c, not that they go anywhere 🙄. I have occasional forays into making an effort to stock up on extras like calorific flapjacks & slip them in as well as what I'd have normally, but the price of some of these things is ridiculous! and the more I read blurb pushing them as the very thing for super keen type cyclists so they can push themselves to the very limit the more I burn off calories fuming with irritation 😂. Hope you have had a good day in all ways medical & otherwise 👍️. HAH failed to send me a text ETA after I purposely if reluctantly coughed up a mobile number for them last time I was on the phone to them, mercifully the driver was really early so that got it off me for the day. The chatbot was even more peculiar than the last time, got so far into the auto delivery check then told me sorry he 'couldn't talk for a while', you have to laugh 😄 omg what a shambles. The Frankenstein washing prop is up now thank you, bolted together, it will give up one day, but at least I persisted & it's in its rightful place for robin to perch on again 🐦️. Have a good weekend :) xx p.s. hope bro's recovery is going along steadily 🤞.

Hello joan, the prop is ok now, well as far as it goes, it's a bit old and won't last forever but saves getting a new one - it wasn't that I couldn't get it fixed as in fixed in place, it needed fixing as in mending, it's shorter than it was but never mind 😂 bean poles, yes I need to sort out those too! When it's half way decent to get out there & do things. I should have said, the roof is ok thanks as far as I know but it hasn't been very wet at all since (if it isn't right after what I spent on it I will not be happy 🤨). Hope you have both had a good day not much sun for you either I expect, have a good weekend :) xx

Hi bosh, pleased to hear your mum's results are ok or at least it seems not too much to worry about 😀. Have not done much today really has been a bit cold and uninspiring. Didn't know it was World Book Day 😳 very interesting that you volunteered at the charity shop; even though as a customer you do have an idea what the staff have to do in the way of sorting donations, it's not unless you've volunteered or talked to someone who has that you know what it's like 😱 can be quite awful and like any shop they have their share of awkward & horrible customers etc. Must go for a walk soon 😬 maybe tomorrow? 🤔 I will keep my eye out for any cycling littleys and hope they are not ones that are madly keen competitive cyclists like I was complaining about to Toni (well we all have our pet hates 😖 it's not just envy either, zealous sporty types just annoy me haha). Hope you have a good night and a quiet weekend :) xx

Love to Barbara, Kitty and all cafe people 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady

you’ve got a point there, some of the books were really in a terrible state, I didn’t serve customers, I hid in the basement sorting lol,

do feel that you don’t enjoy eating sometimes?

or that possibly loss of appetite is connected to your medication?

bye toady and everyone good night tc xx

• frogmorton
    edited 4. Mar 2023, 07:02
    Options

Morning Joan I hope you and Sue are doing ok? Sue is very sensible to eat her trifle really early so it's digested well before she has to lie down. Great idea I might try it for things like that. You won't believe it, but the machine broke down and Paul didn't get his CT scan yesterday! He was quite upset apt remade for 17th 🙄((())) xxx for you and Sue.

Morning Reshmi how are you today?

Thanks for letting me know that your Mum's chest X-ray was precautionary rather than diagnostic that's good well very good really they do look after her well. 😊 She does do well really looking after herself.

Oh dear me well Riley can't be blamed can he seeing that historic photo if the food-licking is actually genetic?🤭

I think wandering off might be a gender issue? I didn't have boys and Joan can't help can't she she has a sister like you. I will ask my SIL whether my bro wanders off. I mean not ATM with his leg op I'm sure that wouldn't be possible, but normally.🤔 Do not go running after your Dad not now maybe we can get him one of these

You think you may have a group member who somewhat manipulates the situation to her advantage? Hmmm.. Possible that, given what she said and the consequences for J's shopping. I wonder whether it was more to do with being late which as you said ought to be within her control. She goes to both groups then? It's not easy if you don't know many people and sometimes someone you do know doesn't speak. Maybe you're like me? I sort of appear gregarious, but really it's hard for me too to talk to people I don't know too. 😔

You're not an old lady so that conversation was out for you and if M was being odd that day it would have been tough for you to join in. I agree though it should get better. Doesn't RR go to that group then? I know he would chat to you if you can cope with him that is! I think you do well to persevere a lot would panic or just give up. If you were a volunteer there you'd make sure no-one felt left out wouldn't you?

Kari used to work at the British Heart Foundation charity shop in Scotland when she was up there, but she is to busy now with her art. She did say it could be a bit smelly the stuff donated. You know I'd stick my nose in the shops and see if they smell before you go volunteering. Can you do anything with Versus Arthritis I know they have volunteers.

Those beautiful books/shelves! Wouldn't it be wonderful to live somewhere with shelves like that?😊

for you to read have a peaceful day ((()))

Morning Toady. How are you doing today?

Right you need extra calories do you? Sleek says doughnuts will help. Flapjacks are good too I agree and can be eaten with a cuppa AM. I try not to eat after 5-6pm so I have at least 3 hours before bed not too much longer or I will struggle with reflux. I also pop chia and flax seeds on anything sloppy from soup to vegan lasagnes/bolognaises. Aidan gave me that tip. The problem with eating early is you are often too busy then. What did you think of Sue's eating trifle for breakfast on Christmas day!! I LOVE it!

Oh honestly HAH are a shambles it's wrong not to be able to communicate with a human isn't it? Especially for you with ten different mobile phones (Toni - you exaggerate!) and naughty chat box going quiet!! At least your delivery came early.

Bro saw his consultant yesterday for his post op check up and is doing really well he is now supposed to walk with crutches but start walking so that's great news thanks for asking.

Well done getting the prop fixed for now Robin will be very happy again. You remember me leaving the verbena heads on for the winter? I have a pair of finches who love eating them! Adorable to watch😊

Take care.

Heard from Barbara yesterday by WhatsApp.

• bosh
    Options

Morning everyone xx

wppl xx

ps this pic reminds me of bill lol xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope everyone is alright there have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good you have the prop it will come in handy for something. The weather man is still saying snow next week. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry Paul (()) couldn’t have his CT scan. That’s good your brother his doing well (()) love to your friend (()) have a good day. Love to Paul (()) Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good your mum was alright for her scans (()) have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    Options

Hello all, early for me 😊 one of my must try to get on days and not too much internet.

Glad to hear bro is doing well frog, consultant pleased &c 👍️ not so pleased for poor you & Paul, oh really did it have to 🙄 if it broke on the patient before you that's rather a dirty trick but if quite a way in advance couldn't they have forestalled you? So sorry he has to gear up for it again 😕. Yes you can speak to a HAH person in the daytime, before (supposedly) the ETA is available 🙄 (it's 7 mobile phones, I think 😉 not so much of an exaggeration haha, not all in use though). Ringing them is no fun with long waits which they even warn you on the website. One day they will get straight I suppose but we want live web chat, we want live web chat 😫 never again sadly. Postie has bought my extra compost today so it's seeds weekend for me or I'll need a jolly good excuse why not. Have also codged up the extra food rations order now to try & apply myself to the weight thing. The trouble with adding in extra is it's hard for that to not even out; ie you want less at another meal if you stuff more in between. And some things like peanut butter and dense foods especially. Ideally you want things you hardly know you've had, it's just a matter of finding and having a more calorific something or other where you won't notice, but it's remembering, as you say, and not becoming a chore. Seeds etc, yes things like that 👍️ doughnuts? oh well if I must then 😉. Lovely to hear about your finches 😍 so nice to purposefully leave things and know how grateful something is for it. Glad you heard from Barbara 😊 hope all are well as poss. Have a good day yourselves :) xx

Hello joan, not sure about snow I saw the word sleet in the forecast next week and looked no further 😬 oh must we. Certainly cold to come, trying to do a few things today while it's not quite so Arctic. Have a good day both :) xx

Hi bosh, ah you lurked away from the shop customers, yes that sounds best. Shops weren't taking things in during Covid were they what a hoohah that all caused, shops shut, people probably leaving bags outside anyway, shops losing custom and volunteers like yourself not feeling like they could keep things up - horrible if you've been somewhere for years and are used to going in every day. The food thing, it's a few issues I suppose - I do eat ok-ish, probably not enough maybe, though I think enough not to lose weight under normal circs. Being not that active I suppose it doesn't give you a big appetite but then again I'm not burning it off so you'd think it would even out. It just either doesn't go on in the first place, or I lose it more easily - more with the RA I think than the meds though I can't be sure ofc 🤔. As I said to Toni the problem is you can't really eat more than you want, but I could do better by making an effort to sneak calories in what I do have. I've never been a big eater or all that bothered about food really, 'eat to live' etc unlike the world's bills 🤨 (that is so what that pic looks like haha😂), so it's not something I really want fo faff about with. Hope you are having a good day as I'm early I will keep you a place and a cup of tea for when you come in, no problem finding a seat 😀. Bye for now tc yourself :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

Anyone want to help me tidy up & redo some of the bathroom grouting in case of plumber at some point? No? Hmm, I shan't forget, miserable lot 😂 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this afternoon?

thanks about my mum

I love that pic it’s sort of almost like a dad - leash 😂

my sis used to wander off too as a child, mum told me, I also remember it too, I was quieter and more well behaved apart from some dolls’ face graffiti of course

mum has a bad backache today unfortunately

Yes I think second M can be a bit difficult, she goes to both groups yes that’s right, it’s a bit odd if she’s having such a quiet day that she doesn’t even say “hi” though, I used to be really introvert when younger, now I suppose I’m a bit more like you, I get on with certain people well, other times I’m polite of course but don’t always feel at ease.

it would be nice to speak to people of similar age indeed, but the prob was more that it was a bit hard to get involved in conversations that’d already started, but that’s ok, it happens.

RR knows about T group but he doesn’t go, I think it might be one of his painting - days, I guess no one wants to fight R Rembrandt’s muse on a Tuesday lol, I get the double ooks just thinking about it lol 😱😱.

Thanks, I think the first day in T group I panicked because I was a bit under the weather physically and the recent big dog in group experience was a bit scary for me, I was also v worried about covid first time as a man leaned over me as it were to look at someone’s photos,leaving maybe 1 mm “social distance” not 2 metres or whatever, I think a younger me would’ve def panicked or maybe a “me” who’d just come out of hospital.

how was Paul’s appointment? Was it this afternoon?

That might be a good idea volunteering for VA thanks, I’ll look into that 🙏

Thanks for the book pic

im not too bad in general thanks, but the cough is still bothering me a bit, mainly in the early mornings when it’s cold.

may have to ring docs on Monday I’ll see how it goes

LA is going to teach mum how to bake cakes apparently lol

i might benefit from some instruction, granny is the expert though my cheeky monkey friend LA 🙉

I’ll go for now hope you’re having a relaxing day tc xx

ps late Valentine’s message, is this QJL’s husband? It’s a distinct possibility lol. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

how are you?

I see about appetite etc, do you prefer sweet or savoury foods?

I know cooking is a bit of a hassle but maybe if you tried some new recipes or cuisines maybe?

Ive got a bit if a stiff neck

So I’ll leave it there for now

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

thanks about mum

I’ve got a stiff neck

mum has backache

bfn tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi again toady

A little bit of stiff neck -itis there

paracetamol did seem to help a bit so that was good

good posture is such a difficult thing though, isn’t it?

I Think that probably like a lot of people, my neck muscles tense up when I’m stressed

I just don’t realise it at the time

I know that a lot of people like yourself have a stiff neck all the time, and I’m of course, not trying to make light of that 🤗

The littley I saw who was going to the cake shop was a lone cyclist and seemed quite innocent to me. I don’t think he was one of those competitive obsessed types

I did once see a male cyclist though an adult who was training some little cyclists, I think they were about four of them but it was a terrible day for cycling a lot of fog freezing cold bad weather conditions Basically it was just about okay for walking I’m not sure how safe it was for kids learning to cycle, but I think you’re right as with any sport there’s some good people and some other people who just get totally obsessed and competitive that’s true

I’m really no good at DIY, so I don’t think I’d be the best person to help you out with the bathroom maintenance to be honest ha ha

ive acquired some Percy pig slippers by the way from cinnamon barks, Just thought I’d mention that, because when LA finds out, he’ll be very jealous, he may even try to misappropriate the slippers. Don’t tell his mother, she’s a lawyer, apparently, lol.

I think I probably should leave it there for now because I don’t want to risk any more nasty aches and pains and I need to do one or two things Ideally. I hope you have a nice night toady take care xx

ps slippers and another Indian river scene xx