Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) you go careful if you go out. Have a good weekend. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good you got everything you needed in your shopping. Have a good weekend. let’s hope that is the end of the snow.

Barbara (()) How are you and Mr B (()) kkhave a good weekend. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Is it Paul’s appointment today I thought it was the 17th. That’s such good news for you and Lucy about the Leukaemia Lucy has done so well you got her through it 👏 and Paul 👏 and the Doctors 👏 Have a good weekend I sure the Safari dinner will go well. Happy late birthday for Charley (()) love to Paul (()) and your friend (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how are you. that’s good your Dad went to the Doctors. Love to your mum (()) have a good weekend.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

im ok thanks

mum said she’s not feeling too bad thank you 🙏

thanks about dad I think he’s feeling slightly better too

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl but first a little poetic offering of mine thanks 😀

poem for VC called Ode to certain VC ladies and savoury food containing no jelly babies

Time to make a different kind of day

let The child in you come out to play

If you can’t catch the Sunshine’s bright Ray

put on your four hats and roam around in the Moonlight anyway

remember when the snow falls it’s best to sit quietly and wait for better times

and consume toady and Toni’s hygienic stew made with wild Rosemary, and the most fragrant of thymes 🪴

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you this afternoon?

regarding the strength of us tea bag ladies, lol, don’t worry I like weak tea

im quite odd in that respect

ok maybe in practically every respect lol

there may be some sort of takeaway here on Sunday with EF attending

not sure yet

I know what you mean about nostalgia

still fond memories of the past can be no bad thing in essence

i remember when I was studying German I saw a G language film, how much I enjoyed it I can’t quite remember now, but I was v pleased that I’d remembered the meaning of film title “Sehnsucht” which means not quite nostalgia, but something v similar, “wistful longing” - so there you have it I’m a veritable treasure too of currently useless information 😄.

ill leave it there don’t want create neck strain bye toady tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this afternoon?

My cough is a lot better today I think it will disappear v soon thanks

i hope you enjoy seeing Tia’s grandad etc at nursing home- sounds nice 👍

so P may be face - planting some curries oh dear 😂

mums ok today atm thankfully 🙏

dad has started making really nasty comments again, which is a sign he’s feeding a bit better No comment there 😡

my hairdressers were offering half price snow haircuts or something like that lol

im not sure who would’ve risked life and limb to get there though

its possible that EF will come here on Sun for takeaway for parents m anniversary

not sure yet

I’ll end this here as cleaners are coming

milkman spilled a lot of weetabix in kitchen - ok that part was a joke of course

glad your snows melted

bfn tc Toni xx

• bosh
    Options

Good night to the wooden - boxed moonlight strollers

drinking weak tea in dressing gowns and rollers

if you have extra hats sell them on nosegay

ill buy posh biscuits with the profits if I may

Mxt has almost defeated me, so I’ll exit this online cave for the night

maybe things will look less dreary in the morning daylight

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,149
    edited 10. Mar 2023, 21:21
    Options

Hi all - it will be a quick line from me as it's getting a bit late and with temps of minus 4 overnight I'm going to throw in the towel shortly and get off to bed 😔. It will allegedly be plus 10 overnight within a couple of more days, that's almost unimaginable but can't wait 🙏.

Only a little hello to everyone then, and a very big hurrah for Lucy 😊 oh gosh frog what lovely news to come in and read when one is feeling at a real low winter's ebb and could do with good news. As joan rightly says it's hurrah all round for everyone who got her to here 💗 it's just a fabulous milestone (lump in throat). xx Hope all well with Paul too, I was thinking it wasn't yet as was joan but I presume different days different tests and the CT is still the 17th 🤔. Hope everything ok anyway and all the best for the supper tomorrow too if I'm not in before. Glad everyone can make short trips although might still be a case of being careful on foot too, maybe there will be no residual slush or anything by then I hope. No wind either thank you very much. I hope you do spot the finches' nesting spot, I saw 2 robins yesterday so I will be looking to see if they have plans for their previous spot in a little conifer. The churchyard is beautiful and again rather a comfort oddly on a miserable day like this, or maybe not so odd. Have a good night all and a kiss for Sleek's sugary little face 😘 xx

Hello joan, I was very glad to be doing nothing today it has been rather horrid, yes I do truly hope we have seen the back of the worst weather now and can thaw out a bit 🤞it will be so nice to get on with something useful instead of just getting through the days. Saturday already, gosh 🤨 have a good day yourselves :) xx

Hello bosh, thanks so much for posting the lovely poem this morning, as already mentioned I am feeling at a bit of a wintertime low today and that was just the thing to give me the feeling it was ok to give in to a little bit of an emotional moment & at the same time know that better times are coming 😊. I love the word “Sehnsucht” (well remembered) and yes there is some wistful longing going on with me today for sure, so your posts have chimed in with how today has been 👍️. I love all little bits of remembered snippets & knowledge the more the merrier 😊. Nostalgia is a two-edged thing for sure, quite nice sometimes to just 'go with it'. Glad things not too bad with you & good luck with the EF event if it does come to pass. V glad to hear you have enough meds 'in hand' I get mine posted & have done that myself once or twice ie have more than I think, it's a relief. Btw I would be sensible if I was told to wrap up, quite right, but I ought to be sensible without telling really 😬. Keep warm tonight yourself, I am off for a cocoa with semi-skimmed, no I don't like whole either and mostly have soya anyway (I'm one of those who was put off by school milk quite apart from anything else). The cream is in v small doses no going mad with it, only a little extra teaspoon in something so I don't notice really. I look forward to a roam in the moonlight soon and being my usual (slightly 😉) more cheery self.xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Morning Joan well remembered Paul had an echocardiogram yesterday and is having a cardiac CT scan on 17th (same day as you see someone) so two tests. We were over the moon about Lucy's results so grateful. She knows how to upstage people though - she had her last ever IV chemo on Tia's birthday (a few years ago now) and gets discharged on Charley's!!! After the blizzard yesterday morning it's now just icy out there 🙄 Stay safe and warm ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi TWO poems! you were feeling in a creative mood yesterday! They were lovely and both very 'us' thank you 😊

The rollers don't help the hair much though.... nope I would not go out in the snow for a cheap hair cut!!!! Just stick my rollers back in😁

How is your cough today and how is the MTX hangover? I hope not too bad. I had a super early night last night due to needing to be on the ball today.

Sorry to hear Dad is getting back to normal - well not his health I mean his mood🙄 At least your Mum is ok so you two can support each other.

Paul did very well with his share of the curry bless him😣 It was a good evening. Tia's Grandad enjoyed himself which was what it was all about. It was so unfair his nursing home being on lockdown for his birthday (22nd Dec) and Christmas day. I hope if EF visit a takeaway means you can chose something which will suit your stomach as well as possible.

Did I not say our snow came back yesterday morning?! A veritable blizzard it was🙄 it's definitely gone now it's just icy instead.

Have a good day be careful it might be slippery out there.

Morning Toady! How are you doing today?

We were so happy celebrating Lucy's discharge from the hospital. Now she only has the Epilepsy to contend with and that is manageable.😊 It was worth every minute of it now looking back to have her here and well. We do really have a brilliant NHS you know we do.

After a further unexpected two hours of blizzardy snow yesterday morning it's all over thank goodness! I then located the birds' water under the snow and their food then the sun came out in the afternoon and melted most of it! How about you? snow all gone before this ice? Gosh I was cold in the night. Will it really be plus 10 soon at night??? The flushes will be back I know they will🙄

Yes you were right it was an echocardiogram yesterday for Paul the cardiac CT is still (machine permitting!) on the 17th. It happened! No idea about results though.

I'm sure tonight will go well. I love going form house to house bumping in to other people with our torches (remember we have no streetlighting here) going to someone else's! I am sure it will be fine although I will wear my boots.

Sleek says Hi!

whiskers all clean again!

Glad you saw the robins I didn't see the finches all day here sadly the wind maybe more likely the blizzard🙄 I agree seeing the beautiful Church covered in snow is lovely I am so lucky. Just think - all three children healthy, inside in the warm in winter, my own garden to enjoy, enough food to cook for guests, everyone here to chat to and that view! Many blessings to count.

Love of course to Barbara and Kitty ((())) xxx

Take care everyone!

• bosh
    edited 11. Mar 2023, 08:30
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you?

congratulations about L being discharged 👍👍

wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope everything is going alright there. Take care. love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good day let’s hope spring is on the way now. Take care

Barbara (()) love to Mr B (()) have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s good Paul (()) has had that test good luck for the CT scan on Friday. Yes I would never fault the hospital’s. Yes Lucy worked it out well (()) Have a good day (()). I’m sure it will go well tonight (()) love to your friend (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I’m pleased you feel better and your mum (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

thanks about mum and I 👍

im not too bad today thanks just tired after mxt

mum is ok thanks but her and dad had big row in morning

its my parents Wedding anniversary’s tomorrow

bfn tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you?

sorry, I’m so tired today

parents had a massive row yesterday and this morning

I am completely boiling in this house

nice to see a pic of toady online though lol

ive got her bank details and dna sample lol

she may be suing us soon, I’ll ask sis to find us some good lawyers 😂

thanks about the poems

we’re going out to a different restaurant near EF tomorrow

other one required deposit you see

ok I don’t want to face plant ipad

so bfn xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

how are you?

the chemist still forgot to give me the most essential medicine which I didn’t have many of, so the whole thing got sorted but it took v long time, also pharmacist was v hostile on phone really, one step away from shouting at me, how charming😡

im not feeling that great today tbh

hope your day isn’t going as badly as mine

bye tc xx

• toady
    edited 11. Mar 2023, 21:04
    Options

Hi all 👋 well it was really not bad there for a bit this morning and then by 3 / 4 it just dropped again 😱 really felt the change in temp.

Yes it truly is going to be 10 at night this very morrow frog 😮 back to zero by the next day or so but we'll take what we can get won't we! And if you don't particularly want it that hot well that will work out for you too. I hope all safari related doings are going well and no-one goes rogue and starts a stampede (oh enough safari references, just hope everyone is enjoyng themselves 😊). Lovely pic again (is that near you? I'm assuming), v artistic composition and 'lines'. Nicer to look at than to negotiate those steps if it's icy as you say. Not sure if there is anything much here now, haven't been out proper, certainly nothing hardly in the garden but an icy layer on the bird water so less trouble to unearth than yours. Mr or Mrs 'main' mouse was first out for breakfast, it's so super that they have survived not only the winter but just this length of time all told since first sightings, probably already as long as average - it's the nice habitat I hope. Not much doing with me, I am sorting some clothes and shoes and trying not so much to be brutal, but honest about certain categories - every year I get out any cardigans & conclude they are quite nice, nothing wrong with them, don't hate them, but I just don't gravitate towards them when it's cold cardigans so it's just an eternal process 😂 perhaps this time they really ought to go. Have a good Sunday and best for Paul's results as & when :) ps lovely pic of Sleek too ofc, always has such a clever knowing look, what is she thinking.. 🤔 xx

Hello joan, it is going to be warmer this week and yes Spring really must be on the way now - clocks go in in a week or so - I think we've done the worst of it, thank goodness. 😊 Have a nice Sunday :) xx

Bosh, how very dare you 😂 I challenge you to find any hair curlers in this house 🤨 rabbit slippers, maybe, well I would wear those anyway. Good luck with my bank details & DNA I am struggling to think which one of those would do you the least use 😂. Sorry I missed your last night's poem (2 mins!), very nice as always & lovely image but sorry the mxt added a bit more ookiness to the moonlight than just the natural amount. The EF thing is going ahead then, maybe, I was wondering if it was still at the 'off' stage. 'Parents have big row day before wedding anniversary', I wonder how many families that's being replicated in the world over, many many I imagine 🙄 oh dear hope you get through the day either way perhaps it being a different restaurant is better for you than the other, hope so. Borderline shouty pharmacists? 😱 gosh really, I mean we (the poorly) aren't exactly the ones to be nasty too, hardly fair! I used to see a particular rather hard-faced shall we say lady when I needed to ask if they had a particular brand of meds which they often didn't (couldn't tolerate the other - cheaper generic - one), no-one could have looked less sorry to tell you 'no sorry', or to maybe say they'd do their best to get them 😕. Hope yours goes properly next time maybe you won't need to contact them. Well you're too hot & I'm too cold, so I'm going to have one of the many nice hot drinks you've posted and cut the evening short, hopefully it's a bit better for you by this evening. See you sometime tomorrow will have fingers crossed things go ok and the littleys who are coming I assume are in good form and full of beans, possibly jelly. :) xx

Love to everyone Spring is round the corner 🌷🌼🐣 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady

Yes marital bliss can often be in short supply I know, but like you or maybe someone else once said, being caught in the middle of it is horrible

also my mum is such a kind person and my dad is the opposite quite frankly it just really saddens me to see her so sad

i may have time of month coming on not sure, am feeling quite horrendous though really

I hope you have an ok night bye tc xx

ps RR has helped me replicate your face so don’t think I’m above invading your privacy via face recognition lol xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

before the safari supper...

after....this morning!

Thanks Joan. 1 test down 1 to go for Paul. I think he already has an apt with the cardiologist for results. How are you doing? It's sunny here this morning lovely out there. No ice no snow😊 Take care both of you ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I see you were exhausted yesterday and today are off to meet up with EF near them to celebrate your Mum and Dad's anniversary.

I hope two things: 1 that they have stopped rowing poor you in the middle of that yesterday ((())) and 2 that you feel well enough to eat something.

I suppose at least you'll be out of the hot house🙄

Yes i found that pic of Toady don't tell her i got it. She looked pretty good didn't she? Well done getting teh samples I will not say a word🤐

We are off to meet EF on Paul's side this morning. I think he is recovering from last night first though....😉 I am ok if tired from the late night.

Thanks Toady that stile is one of the village ones. It's near me yes I took that pic before it all came down. So pretty isn't it? I took one of a cow peeking over the same stile a few years ago must find it.

10 degrees? Wow i believe it today the sun is just lovely. Rained all over us last night between houses. people did such a good job with vegan food I was so touched. Our starter went down really well. Nice and easy I did think I had over-catered, but as you see above...

I am sure your habitat is perfect for Mr and Mrs Mouse. I bet it was lovely to see them after the dreadful weather they have endured.

Sleek coped well with our visitors last night. This morning she is happy it's just us. What was she thinking in teh photo? Hmmmmm probably 'Are there sweets in that phone mum?'

Get rid of the cardies just keep one for emergencies. I am going to do the same with our wardrobe as part of the Swedish Death clean.

Guess what? Well you won't ,but Paul and I are going to Luxembourg with the Figaro club in May!! woweee! I am so excited as is the car to see her friends😊I was on the reserve list and someone dropped out.

Right time to do some more washing up🙄

after breakfast

• bosh
    edited 12. Mar 2023, 08:13
    Options

Thanks Toni

glad you’re ok 👍

wppl

sorry posted wrong Gandalf pic, meant to say Sunday lol xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope everything is alright there. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes sorting clothes is difficult you could end up keeping them all. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) How are you and Mr B (()) have a good day (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Congratulations going to Luxembourg with the Figaro club you must be excited (()). How are Winnie and Minnie getting on. That’s good the supper went well. Love to Paul (()) and your friend (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you and your mum (()) and Dad (()) have a good day on their Anniversary.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni and toady and Joan

how are you all?

survived anniversary ordeal somehow

am in car on way home

my hair not looking as glamorous as lions though lol

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

I think my parents had a nice time thanks 🙏

but it was v tiring

bro in law decided we should walk after lunch outside but I wasn’t dressed for walking so my legs got cold and knee hurt but am ok now thanks

i was worried about mum but she didn’t eat dessert even though bil pressurised her and I think she enjoyed the walk in the end

LA ate as many sweets and cakes as he could find lol

BR was v sweet and liked my coat because it was pink like the peppa pig toy lol

have a good night both of you tc xx

pic is not the real LA and BR of course but reminds me of them xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

im glad your s supper went well that’s good

my stomach is ok atm thanks

I used my water and porridge breakfast trick 👍

But whether it stays ok later on tonight is really in the laps of the Cods as it were, sorry just trying not to use words that could offend and also something weird happened to formatting when I used asterisks.

Ok I’m hot and tired and I don’t want to strain my eyes so good night Toni tc xx

Good night toady 🐸 tc xx

• toady
    Options

'night to all from me and well done bosh on all fronts 😀✌️and well done frog on the catering front, sorry only a hello but have been on the phone a while this evening so I am going to salvage what's left of my energy and call it a night, look forward to calling in tomorrow, someone save me a seat/tea/biscuit etc and will see you all then 😘 xx

'night to Joan & Sue too (yes that is what exactly happens I get clothes out to sort, take too long thinking about it & put them back 😉) xx

love to all have a good night everyone & see you soon 👋 xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone.

I think we are all very very 😴

Morning Joan how are you today? Are Sue's carers all ok? All well here now all the clearing up is done! Phew! Yesterday we met up with Paul's sis and bil and his bro and sil so I had to eat again! When we got home we both fell asleep on the sofa! Have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I think you did really really well to survive the day. At least your parents' anniversary was finally celebrated😊

Naughty BIL trying to get your mum to eat a pud! He knows she's diabetic! She did well to keep refusing and good that she enjoyed her walk. Not sure it was so good for you even in your lovely Peppa pig coat.

I bet BR loved it he is a sweetie. Erm yes and LA likes to eat sweeties - better watch out BR! Gorgeous pic of two little brothers I can imagine your nephews being that close💖

I was out too yesterday for lunch in Evesham with Paul's sis and BIL Bro and SIL so too much food for me to be honest and a bit much after the Safari supper the night before.

Is your knee recovered from your unexpected walk? I hope you slept well and your stomach survived.

Take care ((()))

Morning Toady

Another shattered café member! Oh dear me we are all exhausted. I hope you slept well too and feel more yourself today.

Perhaps yours was more a mental fatigue after the phone call?

There you go a restorative cuppa and biccie awaits.

It's pretty dreadful outside blowing a gale and set to rain soon I hope all our feathered and our furry friends take shelter😕

Take care ((()))

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day take care. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) It’s very difficult when you want things to go you have memories of all of them. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) have a good day take care. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) It will be nice for you to have a quieter day today (()) yes thank you Sue’s carers are well they said what would happen if they went on strike. How is your friend getting on (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) That’s good your mum (()) and Dad (()) enjoyed their day (()) you were good to walk did you have posh shoes on. And your tummy coped with it all. Have a good day. Take care.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

I can understand your being tired that s supper looks v impressive

yes bill shouldn’t have done that

maybe you’re right though he could be such a sugar addict that he automatically pressurises, but a when a person is diabetic, I agree it’s just not right, but what goes on in his head no one really knows of course, I’ve tried to explain the serious nature of diabetes to him, but whether it’s registered 🤷‍♀️

I like the pic, again Bill may start living there, we need to keep it a secret lol 🤫

No the walk was far from ideal for me but never mind I guess

I was wearing trousers but no winter tights but bill knew best 😡

my mum was in one of those moods when she was being too polite but I could tell she was struggling at one point because she’s not used to walking, let alone outside

anyway she got a nice hot drink at end of walk so that was something

funny thing was though, that the destination of the walk was the coffee shop!

its good that bills walking that’s for sure, but hopping and skipping along to the coffee shop to drown his sorrows in lattes and monster - sized cake portions- not so good.

I had some really nice coffee cake but I shared it with BB lol

i can’t pretend I eat healthily all the time by any means, but maybe halving portions or just walking in another direction, these are things I sometimes do and remember, just in case a doc ever asks you, lattes don’t contain caffeine, at least according to dr bill and his young protege dr LA, as for the rest of medical profession, jury’s out lol.

ok posts from me probably instalments today so I’ll stop for now bit tired

bye tc xx

ps teddy abuse pic lol xx