Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) how are you. Do you have those happy carers or do they change. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your dad (())

Toady (()) I have butter on the hot cross bun and just a little paste. You are doing well getting your jobs sorted yes we need the sun. Have you decided about the clothes prop’s new job. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you sorry about all your problems (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) my appointment tomorrow is 10-15. Good luck for Paul’s tomorrow (()) at least Winnie and Minnie did not fight. Do you see the deer when you go on your walk or are they just out in the summer. Have a good day. Love to your friend (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) you are doing well going to your clubs. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,064
    Options

So was toady squashed by police elephant?

I guess only time will tell

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

thanks about bear pic, I think I just browsed for teddy bears in Pinterest 👍

How are you this afternoon?

im ok thanks, well the monthly “visitor” is here 😡

but otherwise ok

I do tactically retreat whenever poss, but if I eat supper alone it causes another tsunami, that’s the prob

mums ok atm thanks 👍

you’re v right there stress does indeed affect my stomach too

i need to go for now got maybe 25 secs of solitude to get on w things 🙄

bfn Toni tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

we’re all ok - ish today thanks

I can imagine fish paste and h cross buns taste nice

i like fish

I had tuna sandwich yesterday

I really love tuna I think one reason is that it was something i practically never got to eat when in hospital lol

Bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni

I love the etiquette pic, lol

i agree with you about Second M, you’re right about her clothes shopping tastes too, she only ever seems to be buy quite posh brands really, no cheap t shirt or whatever from any discount shop for her ever it seems oh dear!

she also doesn’t seem to realise that etiquette also involves being polite, not just carrying ( well getting your servant to carry) the right kind of cup haha.

last time I spoke to her she seemed a bit put out that I’d said “ hi”, which was a bit odd really, but people can be odd there’s no doubt about it, the cup - carrying stipulation was def too much though, it was in the Tuesday group and one of the kind admin guys was transporting madam’s beverage lol, I think he was just being helpful and didn’t know any better, but some people there are really not well physically, there’s the support dog lady and lots of much older people, so I think it’s not v nice if someone tries to take advantage, anyway I’ll leave the golden chalice - carrying topic for now lol.

RR was being annoying in other ways too, as per usual, he’s one of these know it all types, very smug indeed, he thinks he’s an I.T. professional amongst other things yet last time I went to the group he asked “jovial gent A” as I’m calling him what the difference is between “Cats nap” and FB, so then A proceeded to explain, but RR disagreed and said WA isn’t related to phones - what? - so A just agreed with him, he was wise enough to realise it’s by far the easiest way lol.

RR also told me coconut water and coconut milk are the same thing, so I just practiced my polite smile even though it was getting a bit strained by then lol, my face was on the verge of cracking really lol, but not like sevres porcelain sorry second M, more like al fresco value crockery or something like that.

thanks about LA and sharing etc, LA has forgiven Noel for throwing a ball at him and on Valentine’s Day he wanted to send him a card saying “you’re my pal” lol, bless, but it’s ok he has millions of friends of course, mostly female.

I’ll stop for now, neck pain

bfn tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Hi all 👋 this turned into a busy slightly silly day for me, everything ran late from a late start and didn't get much better. My main mobile appears to have died out of the blue so I am indeed feeling a little squashed, by life if not by the police elephant, the effect feels much the same 😕 so it's early to bed for me, well after I put out recycling bin, deal with a fiddly nosegay thing, finish putting a charity bag ready for out tomorrow etc etc...

I was hoping to get on further with my tidying, too, for the record frog I take back that I said I like sorting cupboards & storage boxes 😂 my master plan did not go well, every box a quarter inch too big for a cupboard, or too small for its intended contents, etc etc, I laugh hollowly today at the very idea I ever said it was fun 😫 (I would rofl, if there was enough free floor space to roll on!!) Bookshelf ladder, oh yes please (drool), and some hinged knee joints too please to get to the lower shelves 😂. See you tomorrow I hope all the best for Paul's appt 👍️ will tag along if required xx

Sorry no proper post I've enjoyed everyone's news and all your interesting tales bosh as always, I will be in tomorrow all being well and my laptop doesn't get any ideas from my mobile 🙄

Love to Joan & Sue - the clothes prop is doing its own job still at the moment, just not very well 😄 as it had to be made shorter than before - when I buy or make a new prop find the old one something to do I'm sure 😊. Have a good day tomorrow I will coming along in spirit to your appt :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 17. Mar 2023, 07:20
    Options

Morning Joan I didn't see the deer recently, but I will see them soon I'm sure the herd roams across the land here but are out of sight at the moment. Good luck for your apt and thank you for your kind wishes for Paul. Fingers 🤞 they can help you ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. How are you doing today? Good to hear your Mum is doing ok.

Doesn't sound to me as though RR does realise the negative effects of chocolate on MH. Do you think he maybe bought too much and needs help eating it up? I'd rather have a mug of your bat brew tea!

RR really thinks Catsapp has nothing to do with phones???? A was very wise indeed to not argue with him it sounds pointless. Has RR got family at home? If so they must have a tough time bless them. You were very patient not fetching written information about the difference between coconut water and coconut milk. Very patient Reshmi.

I think for me that you come before 2nd M. Don't you go fetching and carrying for her let some other 'mug' carry her mug! I agree she is playing people probably intimidating them a bit by her attitude. Very rude to seem put out because you said Hi! very rude indeed. Glad you liked the etiquette pic I loved the bear and piggie pic one you posted so sweet.😍

A tactical retreat is good if you get away with it when HV is erupting. It's to hard to eat when stress is around you isn't it?

LA is a kind boy at heart wanting to send a 'you're my pal' card to naughty Noel. I hope Noel appreciates him - the ladies certainly do!!!

Sorry it's that time of the month again for you. Not good. One stomach problem added to by another

🙄

Make sure you rest up when you can. ((()))

Morning Toady. How are you today?

You certainly got me going yesterday I cleaned out 5 (yes 5!) drawers. About 105 still to go and they weren't the worst of them, but a start! I am so sorry the boxes weren't 'quite right'😕 Pass them over here they might fit my cupboards. Problem with cupboards is you have to get down on the floor and then back up.🤨

I know you though, you will find a solution to the problem. Nothing will defeat the mighty Toadster not even the elephant police

nor a nosegay and definitely not the wrong sized boxes.

A book shelf ladder imagine having our own! Shall we have a reading room in the café? We won't need hinged knees as the shelves will roll upwards for us or our knees will miraculously work perfectly😊

Thank you for your kind wishes for Paul for his cardiac CT. Joan's leg apt too both around the same time though I think Joan is first.

Take care Toady today will be a good day😊

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl xx

• bosh
    edited 17. Mar 2023, 14:38
    Options

Hi toady

sorry about your phone

Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this afternoon?

I s - injected mxt a few hours early so not really feeling that glorious (also combined with “monthly pest” too of course)

yes RR really didn’t know about WA etc which is a bit odd I agree, but the annoying bit of course was that he pretended to know all about it lol

elephant police- I like that pic

im glad you like the pic

Mum said her b sugar was a bit low this morning but not a hypo so that’s some improvement from before

kidney doc has adjusted one of her dosages so that should help her diabetes 👍👍

Dads being his nasty self but at least is getting better from virus

my cough is still there but only when it gets really cold, bit of a throat issue too, but not extreme, my mum had this throat thing too

how is Lucy?

I had a friend at school once with the same name, she was my only friend there really, all the other girls teased me, she was one of the cleverest people I know, but not snobbish with it, unlike a lot of the other girls, we’ve lost touch now unfortunately. She had a funny sense of humour, she said she used to call her mum Adolf lol 😂

I’ll leave it there Toni as I’m the cold room, but don’t worry wearing thermal leggings etc and feeling a bit v tired

okay just one thing what’s a good r slang term for FB? all I’ve got so far is Brace Book, but that’s a bit too dental for me lol

have a nice afternoon Toni tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

ive had mxt and have time of month too but otherwise not too bad thanks

mum is ok at the moment thanks

bye tc xx

• toady
    edited 17. Mar 2023, 17:52
    Options

What ho everyone 😊 just nipping in quickly now before anything can occur to stop me 😄

Oh no, I've passed on the drawer-tidying baton to you frog, don't end up like me in a tizz 😱😂 5 drawers is a jolly good effort, were you purposely avoiding the worst offenders or was it just not their time. Yes watching me getting up from the floor would be an amusing pastime for anyone so I'm glad no-one is 😂 there is an art to it, definitely. Thank you for your confidence 😀 I have fought back & made a bit of progress, a key element was giving up trying to fit a large box somewhere and admitting that a couple of smaller ones would be better, or rather the one box was heavy enough to probably be a pain for every future reshuffle. Will return to it when I have a minute although the idea one is ever really going to fit a quart in a pint pot is a bit of a delusion really 😂 more cardboard boxes must go too. Hope all things have been going well for you today 👍️ it was warm, outdoors earlier, truly warm! I had to nip up the loft too, and it was warm up there, most odd. And with that vital little bit of sun - robin, Mrs B, a little sparrow, have decided it's 'the day' - all spotted gathering 🌿. Yes the birdies can really look quite 'gone out' when they sitting basking, quite still, beaks agape, it is unnerving til they move again! What wagtail was he? or too far to tell. I am a little downcast over my phone still but I have found a nice used but not much model on nosegay, that would do me nicely - please please cross your fingers I get it - not for a few days yet. Sorry things were less cordial in the cat dept yesterday will hope for the best. btw Jason Donervan 😂 oh gosh, well shan't be going there obvs but it is very good. I am plodding on with the extra cals and even if I may not be 'Soon Fatt' I am hoping for at least a layer over my bones by summer 💀. Tea & biccies if you call in :) xx btw did you know it's national composting week?

Hope things are all good with Joan and Sue today, see you tomorrow :) xx

Hi bosh 👋 thank you, I am hoping to maybe replace my phone with a 2nd hand nosegay one, we'll see🤞bit of a risk but if it's cheap enough it's worth a go. I've bought phones before with peoples' cat pictures and text messages on, imagine not wiping your phone first 😱. Sorry you are beset by more than one unwanted visitor/pests today inc mxt 😕 not the best timing but when is it ever 🙄. Hope your mum has been ok since this a.m.'s low b sugar. How does this weather suit you today is it not too bad as long as not in the cold room. Black clouds here so I don't trust it not to rain. Might just make it out to the postbox later 🤔 it is a waning crescent moon so is that more ooky than a full moon? it all depends. Have a good weekend if poss :) couldn't find anything pertinent to say about it being St Patrick's Day, but it is also apparently World Sleep Day so putting on our jimjams and getting our teddies seems like a good idea to me 🧸😴 xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Good night toady and everyone xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Left hanging on 'read' oh dear😕

loved it Bosh!

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan how did you get on yesterday? I hope the Dr has some idea how to help you and a plan of action? Paul's appointment happened he said it was weird they injected something which made you feel like you had wet yourself! How mad is that? Luckily no-one does😁now we have to wait to see the cardiologist again. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you today? You got the MTX jab over with early I hope the TOTM is easing back soon. A cough when it's cold? I hope the really cold days are numbered now for this year and that your throat is ok.

Sounds as though your Mum is doing well with her diabetes bloods low but not too low. Hopefully the kidney doc's tweak has done enough.

RR seems to need to pretend to be what he isn't that's a shame for him. I am happy to admit there is a lot I don't know about lots of things.

The elephant police pic was cute wasn't it?

Lucy is doing ok I dropped off a parcel for her being in a first floor flat with security key entry only to downstairs she can only have deliveries when she can guarantee to be in. Thank you for asking. Your Lucy sounded nice. To be fair (odd I know) I chose the name because Lucies are usually nice people. Same with Charley (Charlotte). Reckon your Lucy's Mum had a 'tache or was very very bossy.

It's good your dad is recovering from his virus - it's taking a long time - but the downside is he's being moody again. Poor you and your Mum at least you have each other.

Space-nook? I agree about brace-book. There was a chap on here who had a rude alternative name for facebook he hates it!

Keep warm those leggings are essential March wear and take care ((()))

Morning Toady how are you?

I think I was avoiding the other drawers because they are a HUGE prospect as they are the ones you shove things in you know the kind😳 Yesterday there was no time to continue in my quest for tidy drawers tidy mind or the start of the Swedish Death clean. Charley and Annie came with my Mother's day treats as they are both working on Sunday.

What do you think of Charley's card?!!! I rather thought the bottom looked more like my knee caps!!!!

I have to agree more smaller boxes is probably a far better idea. As you say you can fit a quart into a pint! Smaller boxes will help for locating things you need or future reshuffles quite right. My reshuffle was spot on for access to pots and pans I am rather pleased so far.

So glad the nice day yesterday (today looks promising too) got your birdies out.

The birdies scared the life out of me yesterday! I actually thought Sleek might have had a '3 year-old' burst of energy and killed a pigeon he was still for so so long. Luckily all is well. The wagtail was only just recognisable as a wagtail sorry will keep an eye though. Guess what? I saw two - not one but two black bunnies! We do have them in our village. This year seems to be a good bun year after that awful year 2019 when they were all dying of that evil bun-killing virus/disease. I will try to get pics as the weather improves.

I have got all of my phones on nosegay, but recommend you try to have a plan B one in mind. Of course I will cross my fingers for you🤞

Oh! National composting week! Brilliant! I am always composting of course but the warmth yesterday should have helped us all with our efforts.

Keep eating! You can only do your best😊Soon Fatt!!

PS do feel free not to eat at the above cafe it being probably meat only. I think Bosh's BIL might be in there anyway.

Aidan's breakfast - it's saturday

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

sorry I didn’t reply properly yesterday I was feeling very tired

how are you this morning?

both moons could be sinister in their own way I agree

temperate weather is definitely a good thing, but I didn’t go outside at all yesterday so couldn’t judge properly

I’m still feeling fairly tired to be honest but I’ve got the fan on and I’m living on squash and willpower. I’m trying really hard not to have Lucozade today as of course it’s not exactly good for us in the long run

EF are coming tomorrow, which is understandable in theory but they didn’t give us much notice my mum said she’s not going to cook too much. I really hope she means that

Glad you’re looking into replacing your phone with a nosegay one

bfn toady bye take care xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) how are you take care have a good weekend. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) thank you for thinking about me yesterday my artificial hip could be working loose. Sorry about your phone i hope you can fix it have a good weekend.

Barbara (()) How is your son (()) i hope he’s not in too much pain. Have a good weekend love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) That’s good Paul had his scan (()) I hope he does not have to wait too long. Thank you for thinking about me yesterday when you have Paul’s problems (()) I saw a Surgeon he’s not sure what is causing the pain I have to have a scan he thinks it could be my artificial hip working loose. Have a good weekend have a lovely Mother’s Day (()) lovely card. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry about your problems. Happy Mother’s Day to your mum (()) have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

im still pretty tired really but not fiendishly so like yesterday thanks

Thanks about my throat and mum 👍

Yes def inferiority complex w RR

Yes lovely e pic thanks

Ok I know I haven’t quite answered everything but still quite tired

Just wanted to say funny card from C lol

btw LA called my mum “a massive pum pum” because she didn’t stuff him w biccies lol, I told him off but he said pum is not same as b**, he’s quite a character really lol

Bfn Toni tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

I’m feeling better than yesterday thanks

mum is ok atm thanks

I hope you’re both having a nice morning

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan

how are you and Sue today?

Sorry just saw your message.

Thanks about me, my problems and Mother’s Day

EF are coming here tomorrow to celebrate Mother’s Day and on Monday we might go for a meal outside that’s just us though, not EF.

I hope you both have a nice day. Bye take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni,

how are you?

I just thought I’d share a tiny poem, but please bear in mind fake pics do not of course refer to yourself😀

thanks xx

Poem for VC called arthritic FB Advice or How to get rid of digital head lice

Welcome to F Book

Or to empty hours that Monsieur Zuckerberg took

meaningless incessant chats - some infernal babbling brook

real pics of fake? No one really knows

I’d try just minimal usage

don’t add to your (joint - related) woes.

maybe read a real book, even if it’s just a page at a time

you may find your mind uncluttered and your phrases free to rhyme.

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni

just wanted to say, I really like Space - nook

that’s a good one

do you watch Star Trek Picard on Prime Video?

it’s quite enjoyable

bfn Toni tc xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all 👋 just a quick visit because I really really must go for a walk, not having done so on the last 10 occasions I said maybe I will/if it's not raining/etc etc.

The box sorting (spare empty ones that it) continues today frog partly because I had such a fiddle finding something the right size for the nosegay parcel that I thought I'd have a really proper go at getting them rounded up and see what I have & haven't got. And then hopefully buy some of the missing sizes and chuck some less useful ones. As I suspected from a brief look before, Americans have got all the sensible box sizes and for some reason it's a different story over here - try getting a 16" x 12" x 4" from anywhere that doesn't end in .com 🤔 search me why this is but infuriating. Anyway the general tidying is going on too, I have another charity bag due for tues, shall a cardigan go in this time? stay tuned. Yes I know the nasty 'shove things in' type of drawers, good luck with those 😱 glad your pots & pans are a success story, anyway. How are your cutlery drawers & that sort of thing? Mine are awful, ancient bottle openers & odd old spoons, must go on the list 😂. Would you believe I was up the loft fetching something with my patent method of lowering it down tied up securely with a surplus old extension cord, when someone tapped on the door? 🙄 Lucky (and lucky for them!) it wasn't a ming vase and I was at a delicate stage of the process. Hate not being in a position to peer out the window & see who it is - I should have called something down in sepulchral tones from where I was, maybe they would have thought they were hearing heavenly voices & given them a fright, serves them right. Gosh, a still as a statue pigeon, yes that would have alarmed you. But oh bunnies! black ones! is that common in the wild, I would never have thought (or ones that have been pets once and now assimilated). Oh yes if you can get pics please 😍. Ok this is turning into not a quick visit so I will wish you a Happy Mother's Day - that card 😂 yes, those are my knees, uncanny 😂. Have a lovely day whatever you do. Good to get Paul's appt done, hope next stage not too long. I may try & get some more seeds in tomorrow if poss 🌼hope you have some sun :) xx

Hello joan, sorry that the drs think that may be the reason behind your pain 😔, hope you don't have to wait too long for the scan🤞. Tomorrow doesn't look too bad sunny intervals and a gentle breeze for me, and not too cold. I don't know if my phone is beyond repair I haven't decided whether to try and get it fixed but I have my eye on a spare from ebay so we'll see. Lucky there was not much stored on it as I don't back up my stuff 😳 it's the reinstalling of apps which will annoy me 🙄. Have a good Sunday both :) xx

Hi bosh thanks for the reply in parts, and the goodnight, funny old day if you ask me I seem to have been busy but actually I've hardly done anything. Well it is the Ides of March 🤨 if that isn't an ooky day then what is. Hope EF goes ok tomorrow and your mum resists cooking too much 🍴, and Monday's meal too 👍️. LA is so funny, I rather like 'pum' 😀 I knew a little boy once who said blum but that was accidental I think on the day by muddling up blast or blah and *um into one word. Thanks I hope to get the nosegay phone I have 2 different auctions in mind, they are not fancy phones so in a way no-one else should get into a bidding frenzy with me🤞. I like Toni's Space Nook too 😄 & that's a poem after my own heart, I've never been a fan of fb or Mr Z. Apparently > 🕰️ (you'll know what app I mean by that) are bringing in some parental controls, but really more like suggestions, to limit under 18s use. I don't really even know the point of that app it has passed me by completely. Anyway yes less of all this sort of thing would be v good if you ask me. Have a good evening and I must go out into yonder night 🌘👋 Too many lovely pictures to comment on btw I love them all so those are just a couple of selected 'likes' :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady

I don’t like WA much either I use it mainly for EF related matters

thanks about pics

I bought some no added sugar stevia choc online so nice but quite expensive really and large size too so bit of a temptation still in some ways no malitol though as far as I remember

i keep getting emails about reduced price choccies one of the many curses of the Internet lol

i haven’t walked for a few days was feeling too weak

hoping for a quick constitutional before EF come tomorrow at least that’s my intention, but we all know what the road to “the wishing well” to attempt r slang / euphemism is paved with lol.

it is funny the words kids make isn’t it ? 😂

I hope you have a nice walk

good night to you and all your familiars lol tc xx