Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,159
    edited 18. Jun 2023, 17:32
    Options

Hi all ๐Ÿ˜Š

Just heading into the nasty weather bit of the day here, very thundery feeling, but better than the forecast I suppose which was for it to set in earlier. Managed to fit some gardening in this morning frog, just inspecting a few things & adding a bit more to the shed painting (yes, in the face of oncoming rain ๐Ÿ˜ฌ playing the odds a bit but got away with it). Nothing much going on but my salvia bloomed today literally ๐Ÿ˜€ took a pic yesterday of it not looking like it would open for a while yet. Fewer foxgloves are out than I hoped, maybe some might follow on, but anyway pic of the sort of colour, & height - the tall one was about 3 not quite 4 feet, forgot to get one of the big lower leaves, will fit them into another one. After doing very well and despite pinching out the tips the blackfly have finally cottoned onto my broad beans ๐Ÿ™„ I hope they won't do too much harm but at least they did grow which I am gratified about, first time I have got them to this stage. Btw who knew they grew upward, not me, and I must have seen pics ๐Ÿ˜‚. Scabious is flowering too but will not photograph. Wonder what the weather is doing with you, nothing too horrible & none of this 3cm of rain in 20 mins malarkey I hope. That's quite enough litter to have picked up even without the other bits ๐Ÿ™„. Will keep crossing my fingers for you about the workmen, yes it must be v tempting to make a run for it, maybe they won't turn up and you'll get a reprieve ๐Ÿค” good luck either way. Have a good week :) xx

Hello joan, I love your pic ๐Ÿ˜Š does the mock orange need much attention, like pruning &c. Such a pretty plant. I don't recognize the one in the pot next to Pepper (or Lexi? sorry tried to find a past pic to go by, there must be one, but couldn't). Weather very very heavy overhead, thundered a bit earlier, now raining hard ๐Ÿ˜ฌ will be glad when it passes over. I love that the fox can lie in the long grass ๐ŸฆŠ for now anyway, too-long grass is nicer than too-short. Awkward about the water butt ๐Ÿค” I've got stuff in the way at the moment too mostly to put the cats off from coming round by the shed, they are more in my way than theirs ๐Ÿ™„. Hope you & Sue have a good week, things are ok with me thanks :) xx

Quick hi to bosh and will catch up later ๐Ÿ‘‹ :) xx

Salvia nachtvlinder, flowered since taking the pic on the left yesterday!

Apricot foxgloves

• toady
    Options

Broad beans ๐Ÿ˜€

• toady
    Options

Hi again bosh ๐Ÿ‘‹ sorry, I missed you by a min or two, also the rain was really drumming down by then so even if I'd spotted you it wasn't best conditions for concentrating ๐Ÿ˜ซ. Has eased off a bit now and the birdies are singing so hopefully that's because they know it's passed over. I've also been online a bit much today like yourself ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I was looking up someone else's family tree because I came across a book that might be useful to them. I think I've got the right person but it's a long time since they posted on this particular forum (and anyway I have to make 3 posts before I can PM ๐Ÿค” I'd feel a bit silly going on 3 random people's thread and just saying 'that's interesting' or something ๐Ÿ˜ณ). Anyway! yes good idea to rest our necks & what have you. Excellent pics today ๐Ÿ˜€ are you sure I can't move to the woods and plot nasty revenges on my neighbours.. and on the council, who are busy ensuring there are no woods to live in.. maybe that's part of their plan. Oh well if I mustn't I mustn't, I suppose ๐Ÿ˜‰. Have a good start to the week glad things are ok today with your mum etc :) not much else happening with me will have a better chat tomorrow :) xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,124
    Options

Ok no worries

good night toady tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,469
    edited 19. Jun 2023, 06:06
    Options

Morning!

Following Reshmi's theme.....

Morning Joan how are you and Sue today? Love the garden picture the flowers are gorgeous! Who is it I can see peeping in the corner? Erm yes I don't think I'll try the Bobcat I'll leave that to the men and youngsters like Lucy. Imagine still being there in the morning๐Ÿ˜‚Love to you both ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you today is your neck ok? I see you overdid it a bit yesterday.

How is your mum too? and is your Dad recovered from his tooth extraction now?

Some great pics from you yesterday really made me smile.

I hope little BR is doing ok and I understand sometimes best to say nothing even if trimmed nails would be a good thing. Maybe your Mum can tell your sister.

How cute is little Adeek! Having such fun he forgot the answer to his question about the kheer๐Ÿ˜‹If that was me i'd suspect dementia starting๐Ÿ˜‚ I don't think it happens at 7! So he isn't 100% a good influence on LA then? Oops! I see DC gets in the way of having fun for LA. I get that.

Oh dear me he wasn't the little boy (Adeek I mean) who went missing that time? I can see why your sister would worry if he takes LA off to the play park and your sister doesn't know. Scary.

I am also very glad to hear your ex colleague is at least able to afford WR prices and hopefully not on credit ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well you take care and I hope your day is a good one.

Morning Toady hope your garden survived that deluge!

My peonies are not so happy I really must try to find an umbrella for them!

What a storm! I needed to go over to Lucy's and had to wait it out. What a day it was in the end.

Luckily we got over to Stratford and back in the beetle before it came down - just!

Well done getting more painting done I am impressed๐Ÿ˜ฎ Thank you for the photos. Those broad beans aren't far off at all are they?๐Ÿ˜‹and the apricot foxgloves are they inside a wigwam? Your salvia look really good too I confess I bought mine this year๐Ÿ˜• oh the shame๐Ÿ˜ณ

Sleek enjoying being outside ignoring the buns bless her before the heavens opened.

I hope your day is good.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,946
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are getting on all right. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope you have a good day today. Thank you the mock orange just needs pruning. That is pepper. The plant is a Rhododendron sue grows them. There was a photo in the local newspaper of a man having sex with a tree sue said she read where a lady married a tree because she didnโ€™t want it pulled down. You never know whatโ€™s next.

Barbara (()) Have a good day and Mr B(()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) Iโ€™m sorry you had so much rain I hope the bobcat doesnโ€™t get stuck in your garden. Sleek likes to keep her eye on the garden like pepper. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) sheโ€™s doing well.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni toady and Joan

Hope youโ€™re all well today?

mums feeling ok today thanks ๐Ÿ™

Toni apparently the penny - pincher did spend money on his nieces but no one else ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

toady itโ€™s interesting that you mention G Durrell book - itโ€™s on my almost infinite mental reading list lol

Mum said no, it was another little boy who went missing once.

poor innocent Adeek, though, he asked Bill if BR was a girl or a boy, as he was counting the number of boys at the party, he also said that BB was a boy too, a v v old boy, but a boy nonetheless lol, itโ€™s a good job no one else made that observation, otherwise it wouldโ€™ve caused another volcanic situation lol.

I have a haircut soon, this Thursday I think, so Iโ€™ve filled my conditioner bottle with vegan mayo and have vandalised the HDโ€™s window in preparation, the message says, โ€œWhat did bosh put in her hair? Vegan mayo, conditioner, emulsion paint, Toniโ€™s foundation, processed egg whites, pulverised jam sandwiches? You work it out! Failure to comply will result in new customer toady removing her 4 hats and entering the salon- be aware once you start cutting her you will condemned to do so for all eternity- no other customers for youโ€ ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Ok that paragraph may not be strictly true, just donโ€™t tell the lawyers lol.

Yes I did overdo the neck a bit yesterday Toni, but itโ€™s a lot better now thanks ๐Ÿ™

I think it was because yesterday was a kind of normal energy day having recovered from mxt hangover, but because the hangover made me feels so weak this time it felt like high energy and I overdid things. I also think being so close to the big fan didnโ€™t help me either, but Iโ€™m being more careful today thanks.

thanks about the pics

Iโ€™ll go for now bye to all of you tc xx

ps pic of LA contemplating the role of jelly babies in his life maybe? Lol xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all, just a quick line, I have been on the phone and am hors de combat ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Not just on the phone but to someone who wants to come & see me sometime ๐Ÿ˜ฑ oh lordy. This always reminds me of how Victor & Margaret (one foot in the grave) used to react with horror to the prospect of visitors - 'oh why do people always want to Meet Up' - always heartily agreed with this ๐Ÿ˜‚. Hope everyone doing ok and will be back in tomorrow when less chewed hopefully. Not much time outdoors today and rain tomorrow apparently ๐Ÿ˜• you had much the worse of it yesterday apparently frog ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. Sorry about the peonies ๐Ÿ˜”. Btw my salvia were bought too ๐Ÿ˜„ so don't worry about that haha, they were last year's, have been in with tulips over winter, I was just happy they survived & are doing well so only posted them for that & for prettiness' sake. The foxgloves were doing their best to add a little something to that wigwam, yes, which should be covered with other stuff and as usual isn't, as yet ๐Ÿ™„ but still working on it. Hope you have had a good day, love to all :) xx

Hello joan, Rhododendron! thank you ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ I was stuck thinking of Azalea, they are sort of related I think so it wasn't a million miles off. Sorry I got the wrong doggie, I never do choose right even where the odds are 50/50, no wonder I never win the lottery either. Is the the tree lady the one that married the elder tree in the US? I remember it vaguely I think, I hope it is still there, I will bear it in mind in case I need to try it round here ๐Ÿ˜‚. As for the chap yes there is always something in the news to raise an eyebrow over ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Have a good day tomorrow :) xx

Hi bosh, nothing interesting from me this evening I am a bit tired from being on the phone so am only fit for tea & bed ๐Ÿ™„ better be herb tea as well. Back tomorrow, hope things are not too bad with you this evening๐Ÿคžgood that the mxt hangover had worn off & gave you a normal energy day type day yesterday even if you did a bit much, hopefully had a happy medium today. I haven't read the G Durrell book either haha, I read a lot of his other naturalist books long ago though (probably was more interested in the animals than the people ๐Ÿ˜‰). I remember envying something he wrote about his young days, & being somewhere where he'd pick and fry mushrooms for an early morning al fresco (the actual outdoor sort!) breakfast; I suppose it figures, seeing as I was destined for toad-dom & to be interested in fungi ๐Ÿ˜‚ . Not that the early mornings would have been any good for me in reality. Have to get up for an earlyish HAH delivery tomorrow which is quite bad enough would rather stay in bed ๐Ÿ˜•. See you tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘‹ :) xx

Love to all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

Hi Joan. I hope you and Sue are well? Pepper and Sleek are keeping their gardens (and probably us) safe. Sleek is currently avoiding the front even though she likes to go over to the Church that way. She doesn't much like workmen. I expect people have always done odd things to/with trees and the like, but luckily we didn't used to hear about it. Now we do๐Ÿ˜ฎ Hope your day is good ((())) xxx

I know what you mean Reshmi! You were making hay while the sun shines, boom and bust, but your neck has recovered from overdoing it now that's good. Any blood results yet for you?

Hope your Mum is well today?

I expect there were quite a few more 'boys' than girls at LA's party? and of course Adeek was quite right that BB is indeed a 'boy'. Your Mum is a girl. Bless him๐Ÿ˜

Oh no! A haircut on Thursday me too on Friday. Toady Joan what about you both???? Especially Toady who seems to avoid such matters with a passion and the aid of a pair of garden shears maybe?

I wish you all the best and think you should threaten HD with a visit from said Toad if he mentions conditioner to you even once!!!!๐Ÿคฃ

Loved the dog pic methinks all dogs are motivated only by treats.

BTW I read all the Gerald Durrell books as a child has he written something recently?

Take care Reshmi ((()))

Morning Toady how are you this slightly damp morning?

Right just going to neck back this tablet....it's dissolved. Ooooh! Shudder! All done and decaf coffee to take the taste away too.

Oh dear. Are you going to have a visitor (s)? I don't suppose you could say you will be away??๐Ÿคฅ I love seeing people, but it is hard work to arrange and prepare for. Always worth it when you are all together though.

Gosh yes it was pretty dreadful yesterday. My peonies were staked, but it didn't work the rain was just a deluge for quite a sustained period of time.๐Ÿ˜• The delphinium Aurora took a hit too.

Managed to trim the existing laurel hedge between us and next door a tiny bit just the long stragglers as it has gone a bit mad. Just in case the birds might be nesting there. It's green bin (garden waste here) day today.

Aha you overwintered your salvia?! Well done you Toad!

I hope you find indoor/garage stuff to do today I am seriously considering my walk rain or no rain. What do you think?

My Figgy goes in this Friday for weeks and weeks for her respray๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“

Oh well let's eat something to cheer us up

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone

hope youโ€™re all well?

lithium b test today - but just standard one - checking cholesterol etc

which should be fine I donโ€™t stuff my face on s rolls like BB lol

bfn tc xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day love to your carers (()) and Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) we donโ€™t like visitors they stop you doing what you wanted to do. Yes there are Azaleas there has well. Have a good day your visitor might have come to give you a present.

Barbara (()) have a good day and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) Thatโ€™s good you have taken the nasty for today (()) I had a trim about a fortnight ago. Our gardener always says I will cut it with the lawn mower. Your Figaro will look good when it comes back. Tomorrow is the longest day. Have a good day. Is the bobcat working. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) good luck with your test (()) love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 20. Jun 2023, 13:55
    Options

Hello all ๐Ÿ‘‹

The sun is shining & it's dry, for a bit, it certainly wasn't in the early hours ๐Ÿ˜ฎ too much rain at one go, that's enough for now, ta. Sorry about your garden frog, it took out half a dozen wild poppies here, most things ok otherwise I think except things being chewed ๐Ÿ™„ one runner bean plant, one pea, sunflowers,... and I blame the rain for that too, for bringing out the culprits ๐Ÿ˜ . Will have to look into pest resistant varieties as if you're anti pesticides etc you're just a sitting target really, no good relying on companion plants, when something's had those too ๐Ÿ˜„. I do have indoor stuff to do mostly housework ๐Ÿ˜• and an al fresco shop, which is no fun, with half a dozen of the things I most wanted out of stock & the rest going up by 20p 30p 40p at a time ๐Ÿ’ต. No chance of putting off the visitor except by the more or less truth, that I don't feel up to seeing people, especially anyone coming from any distance. To fib I may be away just opens the door to their picking another time. I always expect people to wait to be invited (I would..) and to take it as a pretty obvious indicator, if I haven't done so for 10 or 20 years. Or is that expecting people to read my mind? ๐Ÿค”. Anyway it will have to be the sort of carefully worded email that gives them the gist, no offence, etc - at which point, their next phone call will be all handwringing and 'oh dear I didn't realize you were that much of a knackered old wreck' - precisely what I spend my phone calls trying to gloss over ๐Ÿ™„. Is it really only poorly people that 'get' poorliness? Sigh. I'd like to say that it's worth it when you see them, but honesty compels me ๐Ÿ˜‰ I exist and cope much better in my own world where no-one hammers home your shortcomings. Did you fit in your walk? I had HAH in the morning, I'll see if it clears enough this evening. Good luck with the haircut ๐Ÿ˜‰ just read an article about hairdressers chatting to you about screening and awareness for various health things, I'd rather they just asked if I was going on holiday tbh! but yes it's the shears for me, put haircuts on the list for the next life, like allotments haha. Love to all, enjoy Fig til Fri then you can start chalking off the days ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ :) xx

Hello joan, nice to have Azaleas too they are lovely colours, do they lose their leaves? I can't remember except maybe it varies by type. Quite nice outdoors after all the rain in the night, I was lucky to see Mrs B take a lovely rainwater bird bath up close ๐Ÿ˜€. I'm afraid no present would be enough of an incentive to want visitors ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm too much of a lost cause for socializing and I was never all that keen, but it's different if you're well. It takes a different type of person to be someone's 'poorly friend' with a good grace. Not the shortest day already ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ no, I forbid it ๐Ÿ˜• gosh must get a move on with some stuff or it will be christmas. Have a good day yourselves :) xx

Hi to bosh hope all's well ๐Ÿ‘‹ & that the test was ok ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ I will come back later for a proper catch up, haven't made time for any lunch yet and who knows what my GI will be doing if I leave it any later and have to resort to unsuitable snacks for speed ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. See you then :) xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

go and have some lunch please

otherwise Iโ€™ll call GI Joe lol

ill write more soon

b test was cancelled btw no one told me ๐Ÿ˜ก

bye for now xx

ps ice dragon xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

how are you?

lot of tension at home here tbh Iโ€™m fed up with writing about it and fed up with dealing with it, but never mind

Wasted trip to docs- v frustrating - I consoled myself by going to C A Packet and eating a toasted cheese sandwich- I must admit lol

Load of teenagers there - skipping school I see - most naughty and ooky ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Iโ€™m trying to go to the group tomorrow, because I really need to talk to someone face to face even if itโ€™s RR lol

ok Iโ€™ll go for now already tired lol

bfn toady tc xx

ps the evil eyes of a certain physio lol xx

• toady
    edited 20. Jun 2023, 19:53
    Options

Hi again - back & now adequately nourished, to finish my grocery shop, just about; currently trying voucher codes at the checkout from here & there online that aren't doing any good at all ๐Ÿ˜‚ worth a try.

Had to buy 'good' teabags bosh because you couldn't offer cheapo ones to that beautiful owl teaset could you - in fact just imagine ever being able to live up to that teaset at all, what sort of life would you have to have ๐Ÿค”. No doubt some life coach or other would say you have to have the teaset first and then become worthy of it after the fact.

So sorry that your appt was cancelled, and to not tell you ๐Ÿ˜ซ hope you can get them done not too far ahead, waiting is bad enough no-one wants to do it twice over ๐Ÿ˜•. Joan's will be coming up again soon you can both get your stuff behind you hopefully. Nothing much going on here, DIY Dad has just mowed and strimmed his little empire, so that will keep him happy for a bit, everyone else quiet for a changeโœŒ๏ธ. Hope everyone else ok; if you'd like to let me recruit LA the mega-efficient social secretary to write my excuses for me to the friend who wants to visit, then I'm sure we could could come to some arrangement in jelly babies ๐Ÿ˜‰. Or of course you yourself could have a go, all you have to do is forge my sig on an email, just between ourselves ๐Ÿค. V stuffy here this evening, even I wouldn't mind visiting that ice dragon ๐Ÿ˜ will have to settle for a walk round the garden a few times for some air, a walk is a bit beyond me tonight I think. Hope you have an ok night ๐Ÿ‘‹ :) xx

ps. edit because just seen your interim post, hope going to group works out would be v good if you can 'play truant' yourself from HV and get there ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. Hope there are at least a few there as well as RR. I'm sure you can be excused a toasted sandwich today you can plead provocation after all, silly drs ๐Ÿ™„. See you anon, 'night ๐Ÿ˜ด xx

• bosh
    edited 20. Jun 2023, 21:45
    Options

Thanks toady good night tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone

wppl xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

Morning Joan yes I get the nasty meds over with really quickly if I can. Well I suppose it would be cheaper to cut our hair with sheers. but a mower?๐Ÿคฃ Yes the men were here yesterday with the bobcat but they've nearly done their bit. Then we have to wait for the tarmackers to come back. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. How are you today? and your Mum is she well?

Sorry about the house tension fingers crossed it's better today. I think you are very strong to cope with it honestly I do.

What?! They cancelled your blood test and didn't let you know? Gosh that is annoying. Have they given you another date at least?

Cost a packet was full of children? What's that about? Maybe skiving, maybe teacher training or if they are older maybe exam time???? No way I could have afforded that sort of place at their age๐Ÿ™„

It's not raining here today so I hope it's the same with you and you can get to the group comfortably. It will be nice to hear how RR is if he gets there too.

Loved yesterday's dragons especially the teapot one. So beautiful.

Take care ((()))

Morning Toadster how are you today?

This morning there is no rain! Finally! Let's hope it stays like it.

Oh no....not slugs and ๐ŸŒ they can do so much damage in a very short space of time. They ate your companion plants too? How dare they?! They must have been hungry ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Have you done the 'egg shell' bit? I expect you have. Yes pest resistant varieties will probably have to be the way forwards.

Hmmm.... some people are pushy and will ignore the fact you haven't actually invited them for 10-20 years. As you know my poor sister has a fairly regular visitor who will not be put off. Would they - dare I ask? - expect to stay at yours too?๐Ÿ˜ฃOf course I would wait to be asked too but that's because I value my privacy and think it's rude. I think you will have to be honest about your health but stress that you are definitely ok and manage just fine within your ow limitations.

I did my online shop too yesterday what prices!!!!!!!!!!! Outrageous everything goes up every single time and as you said not by a couple of pence. No! huge price rises๐ŸคฌI think a lot or jumping on the bandwagon trying to recoup covid losses at our expense.

I fitted in my walk late, but unfortunately bumped into several people from the village, so a 20 minute stroll turned into one an a half HOURS!!!!!! So a late night resulted as shower still needed to happen. I will go early today. It's dry out. If I see 'early' people they are usually in a rush. Much better a quick 'good morning, nice day' suffices.

Seriously? they tried to palm off GP's work on to pharmacists and 111, now hairdressers?๐Ÿ™„ what next? the postie?

It was too wet to take the Fig out, but I will try today maybe. Then I will ring a lot and annoy the garage when she's in until they give in and hurry UP!

Take care

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are getting on alright there. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I know how you feel your body aches all over its only people who have Arthritis that know what itโ€™s like when Iโ€™ve said they say yes I have it in my little finger. Have a good day (()) yes the Azalea keeps its leaves.

Barbara (()) How are you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) I hope the tarmac is ok this time. And the garage doesnโ€™t keep the Figaro to long (()) today is the longest day. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Iโ€™m sorry your appointment was cancelled i hope you donโ€™t have to wait too long for the next one (()) I hope you can meet someone to talk too that helps. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

How are you?

I think the kids โ€œborrowedโ€ their parentsโ€™ bank cards - or maybe even Billโ€™s! Ooky ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Avacado - what will LLF say!

ok Iโ€™m early here at the group- hopefully someone will turn up

bfn Toni tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

how are you?

RR wasnโ€™t there today- I think heโ€™s gone on the eating holiday!!

prawn - filled chocolate buttons anyone?

bfn tc xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all ๐Ÿ‘‹

Somewhat irritating day, noisy outside all morning from 3 different sources ๐Ÿ™„ and a late grocery slot to hang around for, & got a chatty driver, which I was not in the mood for. Nothing missing though ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. Yes the prices frog, definitely needs all those exclamation marks! really noticing now how little it looks for the money, people must notice even more in person, what a trolleyful costs. So haven't done much else today. I am writing emails to would-be visiting person in my head ๐Ÿ˜• (I don't know if they would want to stop over, it is a reasonable distance to come, but there is as much chance of me hosting guests as hosting the G7 talks ๐Ÿ˜„). All v awkward, on the one hand I know I don't/can't contribute that much to my friendships, so it's not asking much for people to want to see me, but subtle guilt-tripping isn't nice either. Birthdays are a case in point, certain people like me to celebrate them because they like to (the less I dwell on how many years have gone down the swanny the better!) If I said 'no cards or happy-birthdays-to-me thank you', I'd feel selfish & a spoilsport & blah blah ๐Ÿ™„. People do know I'm not keen, in fact, but nothing changes, I'd have to issue an actual ban which seems like overkill; but is taking hints & using your common sense so hard! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ Of course easier to say no birthdays IF you say yes to other things, but as I'm also the no visits no facebook no whatsapp group person, I do realize I'm a nightmare ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. Sometimes I do feel selfish, sometimes I just think well at the end of the day I'm the sick person, I lose out the most from not socializing, you can go & do other stuff. It's a minefield ๐Ÿ™„. Right enough eye-rolling at humanity! V sorry for your poor sister, and poor you as well with your quick walk that turned into hours days weeks of chatting omg ๐Ÿ˜ฑ yes you are far better off with the mornings by the sounds! Might be wet here later, tomorrow not too bad? Will potter into the garden in a minute & check for casualties, some of it was avoidable, should have planted pot marigolds not french, etc. But some things I've been fine with before, it must be a bad year. Some talk of slug-hunting at night with secateurs ๐Ÿ˜ฑ can you see me!!! so it will have to be eggshells etc & better choices. Have a good evening & sorry for the essay ๐Ÿ˜ณ love to all xx

Hello joan, yes people don't understand if it's not at first hand do they. I find they don't understand tiredness they think it's the sort they know about. Sorry to complain though it feels mean not to appreciate visitors etc but if it was me I would just gloss over what someone can't do in case I made them feel awkward, & talk about other things, that's all I want - it takes your mind off illness. Thank you about the Azaleas ๐Ÿ˜Š. I was talking to the grocery delivery man about how people have changed their tune from being grateful during the worst of the pandemic, now they have gone back to complaining about little things ๐Ÿ™„. I still appreciate them I wouldn't want to go to the supermarket. Love to you & Sue :) xx

Hi to bosh I saw your live on the ground bulletin from the group earlier, I hope it was ok in the end, but sorry about RR - surely he hasn't gone over to the dark side and the prawn people have got him ๐Ÿ˜ฑ will be in again later for tea โ˜•๏ธ :) xx

• toady
    Options

'night all, 'night bosh, I went in the garden for a bit and did make it in for tea by half 9 but by the time I did all the other things I hadn't finished like put rest of groceries away take meds lock up etc it got late quickly, I will be in tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘‹ and hopefully spend less time talking about the great I Am (is that what they call self-absorbed people) ๐Ÿค”. I don't have an audiobook to listen to at the moment so if you have any bedtime stories handy, frogs toads forests fairy castles no people etc, do telepath them over to me ๐Ÿ˜„ have a good night yourself :) xx

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone

wppl xx

• frogmorton
    edited 22. Jun 2023, 05:15
    Options

Morning Joan. Yes it was the longest day! at least we've had some good weather this year. Are you all set for your appt this time on Monday? How are you getting there? It's nice and cool here at the moment so I have all windows are doors open to let the air cool the bungalow down. I took the car over to the foodbank yesterday and then to Kari's. Love to you both ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you today? I hope your Mum is doing ok too and your Dad is not causing too much HV.

Well done going to the group. You made the effort. No RR though?๐Ÿ˜• Darn! I like to hear his latest. Prawn filled chocolate buttons? Luckily for me they are not vegan. I'm sure BIL would give them a go though๐Ÿคข I hope other people did at least turn up. I think the warmer weather is putting people off going anywhere.

Did the kids really get hold of their Mum's card? Please tell me it was a Bosh joke. Mind I have heard of children doing that ordering 300 pizzas etc๐Ÿคญ

I smashed that avocado on purpose right there to annoy LLF!!! Talking of friends have you spoken to that old chap who lives on his own lately? The one you support and ring up.

Well I hope you get a nice cool and preferably dry (watch your hair!!) walk today.

Take care

Morning Toady oh dear....

lots of noise lots and lots of noise๐Ÿ™„ I didn't get outside at all because I went to the foodbank, (good although we have no custard), then Kari's - nice cuppa and chat.

Then I sort of went 'flat' in the afternoon? Just lost all motivation. Lucky that I had made too much to eat the day before else i might have not eaten. Feeling better today which is good I have to catch up on a lot.

I just think some people think it will help you when they visit they do not understand pain or long-term conditions (let's hope they never do) and genuinely might think you want company.

If they did understand they would believe you when you say you are happy with emails, letters and the odd phone call. Those pics of Bosh's really are appropriate she is so good at finding them.

When my friend's wife died she said please no Christmas for me this year. I got it. No cards no tree no pressies. Quite understood why - we buried her wife 2 days before! still some people thought better๐Ÿ™„

What are people doing with their secateurs at night?๐Ÿ˜ฅ Nope I will not harm anything if it's avoidable. Like you pest resistant is best maybe rehoming a few to the wildflower garden and eggshells. My niece has to save them for me. They also add nutrients to the soil Sorted!

BTW you are not self absorbed.

Take care