Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    edited 3. Jul 2023, 05:03
    Options

Morning Toady I hope you are feeling OK today?

I prefer our Lane 'car free' too so no apology needed. That was the best thing about lockdown. No cars.

Don't worry about the man overhearing you😂 we all do that sort of thing. I hope no-one ever overhears me😖

Le Mans was good but not as good as Silverstone Classic nope. We did win two races I know because I heard God Save The King (King, Toni not Queen) twice.

This site is just gorgeous stone walls gates, stables turned into loos! You name it. Just beautiful.

Last night almost everyone on the site turned out for a communal meal we sat by a couple from Newcastle so had a good chat. Unfortunately (for the poor poor pigs) it was a hog roast. I ate a tin if suma ravioli before we went down.

Bad timing foodwise.

I did risk one glass of wine though.

I am not volunteering to help the person reproducing the bayeux tapestry nope😲 it was incredible though.

No signs of riots wherever we've been although there was a definite police presence in Bayeux itself.

It's been very warm here rained overnight again unfortunately. But that's good. Off again nearer to home this time

That is the pic Tia sent of Sleek eating treats!!!

I do miss her.😒

I hope the wind dies down for you and you can get outside today.

Take care

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,065
    Options

Hey @frogmorton what takes you to Le Mans?

It was always my first stop on my bike when heading south from sous le manche.

I did an extended stay in 2016 (OMG was it that long ago) and wandered around the track as there was a bike track day on and did the museum too. Also rode the street part of the track that was open to traffic and absolutely did no wheelies at all.

enjoy your travels.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,957
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Love to your carers (()) and Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good day today. Yes it’s nice hearing the baby birds chirping. That’s nice the man was helpful and not asking anything personal good. Yes I have a problem I have not got the strength in my hands I had I use a carpet sweeper the vacuum cleaner is to heavy to lift and move.

Barbara (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) yes I still have a sore throat thank you I have been having liquorice that’s helped. How is your tummy. Have a good day at Le Man’s. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) good church posters. Have a good day take care love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

My post was in the box again when I pressed submit the box was blank.

Kitty (()) love to you and your carers (()) and Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes it has been a cold wind Sue’s carers don’t understand they say it’s warm. I hope you have a good day today (())

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Sorry you and Paul have got tummy problems (()) have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) love to you and your mum (()) have a good day.

Keef It’s nice to see you again. Take care (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,176
    Options

Hi Toni toady Joan and Keef

how are you all today?

Thats a nice pic of sleek Toni

mums bs is ok today thanks 🙏

BR asked if mummy could switch off the bathroom light so that LR could fall 😱

nice cold morning here 👍

More later

Ps pic of when the grandparents are in charge - well my dad anyway lol

bfn tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

l’m glad the soup didn’t upset your stomach

mum is ok thanks 🙏

I got an insect bite on my foot somehow yesterday- ouch 🤕

i think LA’s stomach was ok thanks

but yesterday he went to another birthday soirée and ate all the cheese he could find, despite making promises to parents that he’s just consume ham sandwiches!

he also lead a group of his international under- 6 mafia boys in a biscuit-stealing mission - they stole masses of buttercream filled biccies from a separate room for “adulks”! I said “think about the glycemic index”, he said “ don’t lecture me mima, I’m a hungey fully grown man and a T - Rex, don’t preach to me, just eat your weeta - bex”, I started to say, “it’s actually pronounced…” but then the I saw the opening of the dino’s jaws, so I ran back home, while Bill who was “working” with NF on condescended to press “Pause” lol. Ok so that was all true apart from the last bit when I started “waxing lyrical”, lol.

I hope you’re enjoying Le Mans.

I’ll stop for now, bye and tc xx

ps apparently this sign was found in an university exam centre - ooky 😱

do you hear that toady? You can only cry for 15 mins, i don’t care if LA has stolen your rich tea biscuits lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni

my back isn’t too bad at the moment thanks

Thanks about the pics

Bill’s Shirt Fund, I like it, not to be confused with BSE of course, which may be potentially be a concern for bill if he persists in eating raw beef! Ooky 😱

Nice pic of hotel in Le Mans

Nice tent 👍

yes the stomachs I know 🤗

one problem for me is that sometimes at home I get pressurised into eating food I wouldn’t normally eat, anyway I’m trying to be careful at the moment

I’m glad the site is nice

not much news at the moment

have a good evening Toni tc xx

ps carrot cake - not today - but maybe we can eat it tomorrow xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

mum and I are ok thanks

I hope you and Sue are having a good evening

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady

I must admit I don’t always keep up with local news etc, I didn’t know about the replica tapestry

the museum is slightly non - central, for me anyway, so I’d have to make a bit of an effort to go there, I may at some point though, thanks

I’ve left all the FB groups I’d joined as was having some weird experiences, for example I wrote happy Eid or something like that and almost 50 people got in touch and assumed I was Muslim Pakistani Urdu speaking and so on - I know, it doesn’t make a lot of sense lol - and asked me lots of questions about Iranian mosques and all sorts of things, someone even tried to convert me - anyway you get the general idea - not that I’m prejudiced against anyone of course - it was just a bit of a strange experience i didn’t really need and seemed to have overstimulated my brain in a way, so I’m glad that’s over at least lol.

So a bit of anti Facebook humour again lol

I hope you have a nice evening toady tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Hi all 👋 detained by nosegay (and one of those killer afternoon naps where you wake up feeling worse than when you went off 😱), back tomorrow, talk amongst yourselves 😉. Will be in the corner for now having my umpteenth tea & a biscuit if certain small biscuit thieves have left any, and possibly a 15 min cry as well.

Have a good night all and sorry I missed where you mentioned your sore throat before joan, hope it has started easing off and will be on its way tomorrow🤞xx

• bosh
    Options

Ok good night toady tc xx

enjoy the pear / banana iPhones - glycemic index calculation - most illogical according to Spock lol xx

• frogmorton
    edited 4. Jul 2023, 04:28
    Options

Morning! Moved on again yesterday. This time working our way towards home.

Hi Joan. How are you? Is your throat any better yet? All is well here we are the one before last site now arrived to beautiful sunshine. Fabulous site BUT the showers are unisex and the loos! Luckily I have the motorhome so quite safe but nope. Can't give the site 5 stars can l? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. How are you? Is it group today? I don't know what day of the week it is!!!

Hope your Mum is OK too.

Some carrot cake...sigh looks lovely.

It's tough not to eat when others want you to isn't it? I Hope your stomach is more comfortable today.

Does BIL eat raw beef???😲 they do here in France they love the stuff🤢 yes BIL's shirt fund. I will start a go fund me shall l?😂

This site has such poor WiFi I can't post the pic I want to for you to see. I will try again when we're out.

Take care ((()))

Keef that sounded amazing your trip to Le Mans. What a fantastic experience! For us it was the classic we came for. We were travelling in North France in our motorhome and the timing was perfect.

Its so much easier to access than all the British tracks isn't it? Normally in the UK you queue for hours to get in and parking us a huge issue. Here easy peasy.

Morning Toad😊

How's you?

I hope much better than yesterday 😒 🤧

Did the tea help? Sleek os on her way with some Jammie dodgers.

Bloomin nosegay is sooooo infuriating!

My sister has taken 3 weeks off. No youtube no etsy. That's it she is taking a mental health break and posted a video telling all her supporters. They have all been so supportive. You can close your nosegay for a week too if you need to.

Can't have our Toady worn out can we?

I'm sure Bosh"s funny pics cheered you up.

Take care today will be better ((())) xxx

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone

wppl xx

ps GI Joe went shopping xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Morning all. Love the banana thing. Hilarious.

@frogmorton Getting into most circuits on a bike is relatively easy, the few times I’ve done it in a car yes nightmare. Snetterton is normally easy.

@dachshund thanks for the welcome back 😁

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to you and your carers (()) and Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope you feel better to day (()) things can easily get on top of you. Don’t worry about other people (()) thank you my sore throat is calming down.

Barbara (()) I hope everything is going has well as it can. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s a lovely photo of sleeke she’s not off her food. How is your tummy now.my sore throat is not to bad now thank you. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Have a good day when is it you have your talk (()) How is your mum (())

Keef (()) Have a good day (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Options

Still laughing about the banana maths guy 🤪

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,184
    edited 4. Jul 2023, 11:57
    Options

Hi all 😊

Filthy weather out, same yesterday, less said the better about that 🙄. Fingers crossed for a bit of decent gardening weather to come, even a bit please, it's not much I ask. Am fine apart from that frog, thank you, nosegay was not being awful in itself (I seem to have had my share of silly questions for the while), it's always just that I try to list on the fortnightly offer when you pay less fees, and of course I leave it til the last min Monday evening. Tea was a lifesaver as ever 😀. I have been known to mark myself away for a bit though and quite see the appeal, and for Kari, to have a break. My long held grudge against taking time off is you have to keep at the back of your mind will you 'lose' a listing that isn't live, you do get 90 days, but I've still lost listings or drafts before it's always horrible 😱 I wish they would let you keep at least some indefinitely but it's too much storage for them I guess. Templates are not the same. Hope Kari has a nice break and comes back to it all the better, good that her customers are nice people 👍️. Glad all is going well with you I don't suppose you sneaked us some of the lovely stone wall and gables &c &c from the posh site? room in the van, surely 😉. Today's site sounds lovely too, give or take the unisex showers (no) and hope the weather is nice. Sleek is not pining and dramatically refusing her food, then, as Joan says 😄 well that's good - and I will be very glad to see her with the Jammie Dodgers, I am down to a ginger nut or a digestive. Will give her a kiss on your behalf as well as mine 😽. Sorry you have patchy wifi where you are hope you can do the main things you need. Have a lovely day :) xx

Hello joan, glad you are improving 👍️ hope you will be all better soon. One day I will learn not to leave things til the last minute then they will get slightly less on top of me 😳 a bit more energy would help too but there are probably things I could do about that as well by getting better habits. Hope Sue is well, it is cold, I don't call this summer temperatures - the King has decreed that Buckingham Palace thermostats will be kept down to 19 apparently. He's very hot on going round turning off lights if no-one is in the room as well they say, I suppose that's all good. Someone said 19 is too low to keep paintings in good condition though so you can't win, my heating would never get above 19 over winter, at least I don't have any Rembrandts to worry about 😂. xx

Hi bosh, I didn't see your last night's post again, obviously, so annoying 😕 I love the Spock poster 😍 I do like that Shepard Fairey style, I had something similar once, now where is it these days 🤔. Yes getting to galleries isn't easy, I am quite sad I will never see our major museums & galleries but as I mentioned at least going online now is better than when you had to make do with an art book to look at or something 😀. Bananas cropped up yesterday in a quiz, that the first time they were seen in a shop in London was in the 1500s, I would have guessed much later than that. If I have a banana I always think about monkeys opening them from the other end not the stalk end ever since I heard it 😂. I'm not a big enough fan of them to buy a banana iphone, but maybe a pear 🤔 haha. Facebook yes a very mixed blessing indeed, has never appealed so I don't find it hard to stay away from, but even sites I like better I know I would get too drawn into and that would not be good; hope staying off it for now is a good choice for you. People do get very intense that is a LOT of comments & contact to get back from you just posting a little amount 😬. Hope LA is well and not too full of cheese or cream-filled sandwich biscuits and also successfully avoiding all dangerous unlit bathrooms 😱 oh the perils of being a littley 😱. You mentioned the noisy naughty boys too the other day, the roof-playing ones, I think I thought they were a bit further up the road not quite so near, eek, maybe they will all go away for a very long summer holiday in the school hols🤞. Hope all EF well too, and HV & your mum of course. Are you skipping the Tues group and going to Weds instead? Have a good day today anyway 😊👋 xx

Love to all :) xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you?

mum is ok thanks

i felt a bit lightheaded and physically unbalanced today briefly when I walked to WR

I think all it was me having breakfast early and then forgetting to eat something before I went out

but mum got temporally worried which made me worried in turn, so I maybe had too much fruit juice when I got back in an attempt to replenish energy fairly naturally or at least without having a chocolate bar or whatever, so then I upset my own stomach of course but it’s not too bad now thanks

I’m not going to Tuesday group atm, I feel it’s better for me to the long walk on this day instead 👍

when bill went to France ( poor little France, lol) he ate a massive amount of raw beef, I know, completely ooky 😱

It’s Tuesday by the way

go fund me, that’s funny lol, he sometimes pretends he’s only got a couple of al fresco basic range cheese spread sarnies in the bank lol, but I know otherwise haha, top notch mouldy cheese baguettes locked in the strongbox or whatever 😂

don’t worry about the pic, you enjoy yourself

bye for now Toni tc xx

ps pic of golden temple in Amritsar India - no special reason 😀 xx

• bosh
    Options

👋 Joan

👋 toady

wppl xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

mums ok thanks

the psych call has been delayed till 12 July I think, but at least I get to speak to a female 👍

good night tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

glad you liked the pics

LA’s stomach is somehow ok 👍

im not fully off fb, but I’ve left the groups, using messenger to chat with some friends, that kind of thing, not making any more multi faith posts or whatever lol, I agree do people really have nothing better to do than criticise and imagine insults? I’ll leave it there, lol.

Really tired so I’ll go now sorry,

good night toady tc xx

• frogmorton
    edited 5. Jul 2023, 05:00
    Options

Morning!

I got up there!! Not the easiest thing I ever did🙄 Supposed to take 15 min took me nearer 45 but we got there.

Morning Joan good news your throat is easing off. My stomach is a little better thanks too. Woken to a beautiful clear day after thunder and lightning overnight. What weather am I coming home to? ((())) xxx

Keef bikes are great they can squeeze in and nip past can't they? We hate the queue to get out at the end of a race day🙄

Snetterton is your recommendation?

I will investigate.

The banana pic made me smile too! Why on earth though???? Is he a smoothie maker??😂

Morning Reshmi How are you today and your Mum too?

You let your blood sugar drop too low perhaps yesterday that makes sense. Your poor tum having lots of fruit juice 😖 Still safety first. Feeling lightheaded is more dangerous than potentially passing out.

It was Tuesday. I think a walk to Waitrose is a really good thing to do. So today is weds and tomorrow we come home😊

I bet BIL ate lots of that beef🤢 sounds gross. So glad we didn't witness that.

Nor would I believe he is a penniless waif😅😅😅

That Temple is beautiful knocks the socks of Richard the Lionhearts castle!

Have a good day today. We are off again later to our last site closer to the tunnel.

Take extra care today ((()))

Morning Toady. Now how are you this Wednesday morning?

We had thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening last night! Wow! This morning clear and cool will only get up to about 22ish. I feel I am missing potentially great gardening weather but maybe not?

All Kari's customers are mostly artists and tend to boom and bust themselves so understand. The odd one? Well knickers to them! Hah!

That's annoying nosegay not allowing some listings when you are taking a break. So even when you are you can't totally relax🙄

I hope Sleek brought the jammie dodgers? And hadn't licked the jam out of the middle?🤭 she looks fine doesn't she bless her. I suspect if anything that she will have gained weight while we are away.

I can't wait to see her tomorrow night❤️

We are moving nearer the tunnel later today ready to cross tomorrow.

Turns out that you can have WiFi but have to pay for it!!!! Cheeky! Not just unisex loos and showers but money grabbing too😲

Take care and I hope you get outside today.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

@bosh that photo is the most beautiful photo I think I’ve ever seen of a building.

morning everyone.

@frogmorton Snetterton is my ‘local’ circuit and has free entry during the week for spectators when something is on like a track day, but also for testing including BTCC and BSB and it’s always nice to go and just have lunch if there’s just a few wannabe racer’s thrashing their own cars / bikes around. Although last time I hired a van and took my wheelchair and everything was closed 🙄 even though website said open, went to MacD’s next door. I bumped into Billy Monger there couple of years back. At the track not at MacD’s. I was sitting on the kerb nest to my bike in the shade of the tree next to race control and he wheeled by in his chair. He smiled and nodded as it’s what I did, think he was just grateful I didn’t go chasing him for an autograph.

I’m back on two wheels again now having taken a two year break after my doctor’s warning of how fragile my spine is and what the consequences would be of even a low speed tumble, but I was so miserable without a bike my wife said just get one and take it easy. So I scored a 30th year anniversary model of a BMW 1200GS which is my absolute favourite bike and is my third GS, on the very first day of looking for one.

Sorry to all those that aren’t into bikes but I just started typing and all this came out.

sipping my first cuppa tea hoping my headache doesn’t turn into a migraine as I’ve had some real bad ones lately. All to do with nerve compression in my neck according to the absolutely fantastic in every way not to mention totally gorgeous young lady that does my acupuncture and bone cracking each week. It also means I can’t travel by car as the first pothole starts my neck off, fortunately due to the slightly different seating position I’m still ok atm on my bike 🤞

anyway enuff of me prattling on. Have a good day everyone, sun is shining here this morning.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) It’s nice to have the sun at last. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) We have the sun at the moment but they say we have rain today. I hope you have a good day (()) I read the king walks a few miles everyday and no one can keep up with him.

Barbara (()) have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Have a good journey back thank you for the photo’s. Yes sleeke looked happy. That’s good your tummy feels better. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi sorry your talk is now on the 12 ‘th don’t worry (()) love to your mum (())

Keef (()) that’s nice you have a bike you like even if some days you can’t ride it you have it to look at and admire (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl xx

ps pic for bill lol xx