Val's Cafe

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 24. Aug 2023, 17:28

Hi all 😊

Am gaining on my list of jobs for the day, I think, at one point I thought it wasn't happening 😬 but time for a cuppa now. Had to put my mind to a grocery shop as a shelf of refrigerable meds is not quite what you call 'well stocked' 🙄. Can't say I enjoy shopping at rice land as so much of it now is bound together in offers, 3's for this and 5 for something, it takes so long compared to just chucking individual things in. Good job it isn't mice land, they would have fat chance of me paying ther cheese prices 😮. Still, all mousies fit & well & plump here, frog, and Mr & Mrs B fine too. Good timing yesterday to see robin having a lovely bird bath, haven't seen much of him for ages, now he is singing away a lot. Glad you got in the garden yesterday 👍️. I have a few african daisy out, will take a pic when there are enough for a decent photo. Mostly tidying up now 😔. Hope you had a lovely time with Kari and I hope she maybe found something nice herself in the shop 😀 I just got her a little cupcake for crafters as I know she won't want to derail her weight loss, and many happy returns too. Sorry to say you won't be getting your flasks on Monday whatever happens, bank hol 😱 has probably struck you since. (Edit! Joan mentioned it you this morning, sorry didn't spot that). Will affect me too probably 😕. Hang on start airing your picnic rug, metaphorically anyway, the time will pass 😄 🥪. Have a good evening :) x

Hello joan, yes it's fine all day here but keeps going overcast and I check the forecast again, 'are you sure it's 0% chance of rain' 🤔. Will be some tomorrow, anyway 😕. Hope not bad for you & Sue to go out in :) xx

Hi bosh, that teacosy is just amazing I love its frilly skirt for the wiggly-edge-of-snail effect, so clever. No idea how people design knitting patterns they must be quite mathematical. As it happens I lost my streak at Wordle game yesterday because I nearly started with 'snail' and I should have! the end word began with S and if I'd stuck to it I would have saved going wrong. Hope things not too bad with you today and your stairs and sleep related foot pain is better. I see Sept for your mum maybe, well if she wants to go sooner than later I hope she can get a suitable appt. Might see you later if you are in :) think I'll sit take my tea/coffee and sit in that lovely tearoom from this morning, looks blissfully quiet xx

Glad you had a good birthday keef though not the best night. Hope Sucré forgot about his bad dream ok. Look forward to anything interesting Loanda brings back that you want to show us 🕷️🎃🦇. Hope the pain is settling down🤞ps I was going to make much the same remark as you, if I wanted to deploy any BLT I'd have to find mine first, fellow skinny 😄.

Hi to @Jewels1973 do hope things improving for you.

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,714

Hi toady

how are you?

i love the inedible cupcake

the pain is still there sometimes but it’s a lot better than yesterday thanks

I am hopeless at knitting, let alone at designing knitting patterns lol,

not really dealing well with the heat to be honest

I didn’t go to group yesterday it was too hot

mum isn’t too bad today thanks

when LA is really angry he shouts “go to the toilet!” -I hope he doesn’t say that to bills mother - oh dear.

dad has taught him the Bengali word for, well, let’s just call it “excrement”, and LA likes to shout that word in the garden! My goodness what a troublemaker my dad is.

mum wants her procedure in September so she can be sure the stomach virus, if that’s what it is, is fully gone.

bye for now toady tc xx

Ps pic of Seville, Spain

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Back to migraine city again ☹️

has to be using wheelchair. Bumps are compressing my neck.

so not much from me today. xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you?

happy birthday to Kari - I hope she’s having a great day

im glad the food bank went well

Yes BR is a cute clever clogs lol, I got it bit wrong though, mum said he actually said, “ I smile” at the end lol.

Smiling with the teeth of a very junior dentist, no doubt, well why not, I guess haha

He actually hit LA quite hard on the stomach recently though, without provocation apparently, but I think all those months of blue teddy - stealing by LA must have taken their toll.

Thanks about mum 👍

it was actually a takeaway but you’re right tasty and a bit healthier, I think they make everything from scratch, there were so many fries that I had to give some to Big Babu, I’m not sure he deserved them though really.

EF are coming on Monday as far as I’m aware, including sisters MIL, she’s vegetarian, but not in a healthy way, she has a lot of ghee and paneer. I think LA isn’t staying overnight because of the MIL situation.

I hope the hot weather disappears fully soon.

Have a nice evening Toni bye tc xx

ps cake for Kari xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

mum isn’t too bad thanks

I’m ok too thanks

just waiting for hot weather to pass

have a nice night bye tc xx

• toady

'night bosh 😊👋 btw you can't possible be having a birthday yourself soon can you, haven't you just had one 😱 good grief I think the Dormouse has been dropping his pocket watch in the teapot again and messing with time . I have a suspicion I've got that all wrong 🤔😄. Have a good night and I see what you mean about your mum & her test, that makes sense. Sorry the heat was too much for you to go to group, rain here and definite drops in temp next few days so should be better for you 👍️. Will LAs neighbours understand if he is being 'silly' in Bengali, if not it's a bit of a licence to say anything isn't it 😂 and if they do, well yes, naughty BB. Good luck for Monday but a few days yet to brace yourself. Have a good night :) xx

A good night and better day to keef too, hope the neck/head behave themselves tomorrow.

night all xx

• bosh

Hi everyone

wppl xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 25. Aug 2023, 06:06

Morning everyone!

Morning Joan are we expecting a sunny bank holiday then? Maybe not! It's the parish BBQ in the next village for us. 7 of us lot going. Are you and Sue out to town today? If so have a nice time. ((())) xxx

Morning Keef

Hope today is a bit better for you.

Maybe it's an overdose of cake migraine(joke). If it's the wheelchair (seriously) maybe you can look at adding some sort of suspension by way of cushioning?

Hope Anda and Sucré are at least well? No more night terrors for the little one? That's so awful for him and tiring for you. Did she get any bargains? Hallowe'en or otherwise?

Yes please I'd love to see the Portugal pic if you can find it. I will continue to look out for my boot rack pic with basket on for you. Due to the respray I'll only add the boot-rack for 'shows' for now. Sure you'd agree.

'Does my bum look big in this?' 😂 love it!

Have a good day.

Morning Reshmi

How are you today? and your Mum? All well here busy day ahead though.

Kari did have a good day thanks and loved the antiques place. She got lots of stuff for her art. The cake is so pretty and just right for her thank you☺️

So the meal was actually a take-away. Big Babu certainly doesn't deserve any chips, but it sounds as though there were too many anyway. If they cooked it rather than it being mass produced I am sure it was better than Maccies anyway.

Oh. BR punched LA😮I am shocked, but always thought he might get the upper hand with LA when he grows up a bit 🤭 yes revenge for stolen Blue bear. As long as his lovely white 'future-dentist' teeth don't start biting all should be well.

Oh dear me. You have your sister's MIL at yours on Monday? 😯 Well your sister does need teh support I think. Oh I used to love paneer so so much it's one of the things I miss. I am sure your Mum can handle her she seems up to handling most things. The best Auntie (you) can just hide off with the children and play dinos or watch paw patrol. That's what I'd do.

Big Babu! Tut tut teaching LA the word for poo in Bengali! My Dad taught us some choice Hungarian swear words too when we were kids.

The weather is definitely cooler this morning and has been a bit close for me. My hot flushes were pretty bad the last few days.

Have a nice day and take care ((()))

Morning Toady

how are you doing today. Looks ok out there again today. The house is tidy so you'd think i could garden, but no. I have to visit my widowed friend and pick up Lucy's prescription which wasn't with the rest ready at the pharmacy which means a return journey🙄 Then do Lucy's dosette (again) and help her make her bed. I always do because of her shoulder replacement.

Worse news ever! No Flasks until at least Tuesday? Outrageous😠

I am mostly tidying outside too apart from watering my hanging baskets and the post which are just about still flowering. harvested two cucumbers and loads of tomatoes though yesterday so that was nice for our salad. Yes please to the African Daisies!

How lovely seeing Robin having a bath and that all wildlife seem well plump and healthy. Exactly what we want at this time of year☺️Our winter ought to be mild at least after this rubbish summer. I bet it's a rainy one🙄

Kari got loads of ephemera for her art at the vintage emporium. She had a great time there we had a coffee and thanks for the cupcake. Her diet is going so well she already looks much better.

Sleek has bought cheese for your mice. Miceland's prices were prohibitive. No idea where she got it from...do they sell it on catazon? That's where she usually shops....

Well best get on you take care

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope everyone is as well has can be (())

Toady (()) there is a fox under our neighbour’s shed with her babies. I will try and get a photo when I can see one. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your family (())

Toni (()) that’s good Kari (()) found things she liked in the shop. Love to Paul (()) and everyone (()) yes we are going in to town. Your car looked lovely yesterday.

Reshmi (()) Have a good day. Love to your mum take care (()) both

Keef (()) have a good day all of you.

Julie (()) thinking of you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni

how are you?

instalment time I think

like a silly mima I had folic acid this morning

so I’ll enjoy mxt tomorrow instead

paw patrol and dinos in the kitchen lol, sounds good in the theory, but it’s the bending down picking toys off the floor that I’m dreading

yes bill’s mother will be attending

mum is more or less ok thanks,

but I’ll explain more later

bfn tc xx

ps another South Indian temple xx

• Skinny Keef

Another massive pain day today. I am very miserable. Been back on to docs to say i forgot I couldn’t take naproxen as it disturbs my vision and they trying me on a new drug that works for both inflammatory and osteo arthritis pain. I hope it works.

• bosh

Hi again Toni

you’ve got a good point there, I know BR enjoys a bite - and we’re not talking about McDs of course, lol - but he hasn’t bitten his own bro recently lol, otherwise trainee dentist may become trainee vampire nurse after all - what a thought! Lol, but should a littley vampire nurse eat the lollipops destined for his NHS patients by the boxful? That is one of the great dilemmas of the universe that even the great LA cannot solve, lol.

I’m glad Kari liked her presents and had a great birthday, you’re welcome about the cake.

Yes bills mother is coming too, I think as a guest she won’t be too much trouble, as long as she doesn’t start giving me life advice, like, “ you need to find a husband before your birthday, time is running out!” or something like that, but I can’t see that happening somehow, lol she may ask me to eat more saturated fats, in that case I’ll refer her to the physio 👍

mum has got all her blood test results back and mostly ok apart from her blood contains too much acidity

she thinks the doc may change her medication or medication dosage soon.

Ok I think I’ll stop for now

have a good afternoon/ evening Toni bye for now tc xx

Ps yes, pic of one of bills famous recipes again lol, ok I’ll throw another one in for good measure- this ice cube roll is not recommended by the NHS lol xx

• bosh

👋Keef and Julie

hope you’re both ok ? Or ok - ish?

tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady

glad you liked the tearoom

how are you today?

we’re all preparing for the customary b hol invasion plus sisters MIL,

ice cream, cake and cheese have been purchased in abundance motivated by our fear of the potential lordly temper tantrums,

all the al fresco fields - well supermarkets really, but that’s far less poetic- lay fallow, how will we get through the autumn?

I have no idea, maybe Keef will take pity on us and bake us some pies lol.

Toni said that as long as future dentist BR doesn’t bite big bro everything will be ok, but now I think about it, I do recall he did bite LA once in the past, I suppose that’s one way to apply local anaesthetic haha.

Bill himself will of course be attending, last time he complained there was no hot sauce, well excuse me for not having all the “healthy” Kangaroo sauce options, why doesn’t he buy his own portable hot sauce mountain? I saw one on nosegay, let’s just say it costs less than his hair products lol.

Any interesting dreams recently? No nameless dogs wearing warm quilted dressing gowns in 40 degree heat because bill used all the lightweight’s cotton versions to massage his giant ego and / or wallet, perhaps? Please let me know, lol. You know I think know the reason you were dreaming of not having enough change for the bus, it’s down to bill again, lol, one of his many irrational fears is running out of hot sauce money, so any penny he sees he pockets and dreams of heartburn apparently, it’s got so bad, he’s even been known to barter a whole box of nhs lollipops for sachets of brown sauce - he’s just covering all possible sauce deficiencies - I can’t really blame him for that, lol.

well I’ll leave it there for now toady

thanks for facilitating the therapeutic tangents

bye for now toady tc xx

ps bill made a cake lol, who am I kidding? He’s never boiled a pan of rice in his life xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

im not too bad thanks

mum is more or less ok thanks

I hope you both have a nice evening

bye and tc xx

ps artistic sushi xx

• frogmorton
    edited 25. Aug 2023, 18:40

The flasks arrived!!

What great service eh?

Reshmi I will reply properly tomorrow I want to consider my reply.

Folic acid though😖 oh 👎 ((()))

Keef I do hope you feel better soon. If you want to do tell us what the new medication is in case one of us has already tried it. We might have some tips ((()))

• toady

Hello all - has been a tiring day so no chance of me stringing more than 2 words together tonight I'm afraid 😔

Have had Chaps In Looking At Jobs again 😱 say no more, well I'm sure I will tomorrow haha - they were held up for an hour which was then followed by the shopping etc - I did deliberately double-book (I mean why comb your hair on 2 different days when you can get 2 things over at once 😉). Anyway once I had disposed of them all (not quite as permanently as that sounds!) that was about me done for the day. Back tomorrow will see you all then - flasks, frog!! 😀 oh hurrah indeed. No Tuesday for you. One of my late ones turned out to be in the recycling box btw where postie put it instead of asking for a sig 🙄 one to go! Proper chat tomorrow, have a good night :) xx

Hello joan, it was supposed to rain today but there wasn't a drop, which was fantastic as it was forecast for just the slot when I was standing about outside pointing out stuff to potential workmen. Yes please I hope you can get a foxy pic that would be lovely 😊🦊. Love to you both have a good night :) xx

Hi bosh, I will properly come back to your wonderful tangent/s tomorrow 😊 thank you for something excellent to read before bed 👍️ with a small coffee and a couple of cream crackers if anyone's interested. Btw I believe you were in the market for a new back from nosegay for EF visit, I have sourced you this colourful spare spine so that you can start getting used to it now in good time 👍️ I couldn't find a Lego one this was the next best thing (wouldn't surprise me if they do make one though!) I accept all major credit cards, paypal (and payment in beautiful pictures of scenery and temples and flowers 😉). Have a good night I will be in tomorrow :) xx

'night to keef sorry such a bad day, I wish I could rustle up a new spine for you too 😕 as Toni says let us know how the drugs work out. Love to family xx

'night everyone 😘 xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 26. Aug 2023, 01:24
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • frogmorton
    edited 26. Aug 2023, 05:06

Yes today is the day of the Parish barbecue. Obviously it's going to rain!!!! Sleek has ordered herself a new mackintosh for the occasion....

Morning Joan. Hope you and Sue are well today. Did you have a good time in town and a trip to your local café? I had a walk with Kari then up to see my friend then helped Lucy change her bedding. Have a nice day ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you? Well no MTX hangover just yet for you after yesterday's mistake. You know I've actually never done that, but now l know it's possible I'll be extra careful.

Now I've heard of rice-cakes (used to like them!) but a cake made of rice? Blimey if BIL can eat all that.....and yukky! an ice-cube roll hope they actually have food inside the ones today at the BBQ.

I am glad to hear the appropriate supplies have been purchased for the arrival of the Lord A which should fend off any temper tantrums in front of the in-laws (out laws). I think I do remember BR once biting LA but it was only a one-off and not unusual in tinies. I'm sure he can still enter dentistry with that one his permanent record🤔 If all else fails as you say he could become a vampire nurse.

Good news about your Mum's bloods, but will she need treatment for acidic blood?

I had a feeling your sister's MIL was the type to try to marry you off to some eligible man somewhere🙄😂 Has your Mum bought paneer to put in any food? I bet she has. I LOVED the stuff before I was vegan.... sigh. LA can eat my share of cheese. Back in the day that would have been quite a good sized share too.

Well you take care today ((()))

Morning Keef

how are you doing? I do hope a bit better on your new medication. I so hope it helps. You can't go on like this. Has your Dr thought about getting you to a pain clinic or have you tried one before? Just an idea as they are pain experts.

Thinking of you

This is a cup of tea

just add your preferred milk. Cow's, oat, soya whatever you like best. ((()))

Morning Toady

Yes the flasks arrived so unexpectedly🤗. I love my postie again! Actually he is a lovely postie ours. I want to go somewhere and use my hamper. We have to go to the parish BBQ instead. they are providing the food there🙄 Kari's and mine will be cooked separately of course.

Was that al fresco and men?! In one day? Overlapping? How awful - I wouldn't have coped Toad😫 how did you manage? Sleek said she put some shopping away for you. Was that doughnuts or jammie dodgers in her tummy?

Didn't have time to even set foot in my garden yesterday not a minute!

My sister's postie does the same with her parcels which can be very useful if you're not in. Better than getting carded anyway.

Well I hope today is less disturbful (new word do you like it?) and that yesterday's chaps were good.

Take care

• bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day and weekend. Love to everyone.

Toady (()) I hope you find the man you want for the Job. Good luck will your parcels. Have a good weekend.

Barbara (()) I hope everything is going well for you. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother’s girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Yesterday I went in Wilko’s all I wanted was some chocolate drops for pepper I couldn’t get them anywhere. That’s good you got the flasks. Have a good weekend (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Have a good weekend (()) that’s good your mums blood is good (())

Keef (()) I hope your pain has calmed down now (()) love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (()) have a good weekend.

Julie (()) have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Hi all 👋

Gosh it's horrid out there 🌧️ I was so lucky yesterday. Sorry about your BBQ though frog, it is the curse of the bank hols 😣 so unfair, it should be lovely in theory! August, I mean to say, time was, in my day, etc etc. Hope it's not a complete washout what are the contingency plans? Barn again or is it not the right locale. Wish I had a magic wand for you to be able to go & play picnics, imaginary (vegan) scotch eggs & sandwiches isn't the shame 😔. They still are lovely flasks, perfect for it, their time will come. Yes postie often leaves things for me as well but for signed they shouldn't really just leave it, what's the point of the seller paying for a sig, and I didn't know it was there because I was expecting a tap not a leave in porch. Anyway that wasn't the supposed 'it came back I'm sending again' one, I was hoping for today but prob not. We won't be getting in our gardens today either at this rate, I hope the rain doesn't do for my daisies before they even have a day or two in the sun. Lots of lovely tomatoes, oh good 🍅 mine need I say are still green 😂. Shop bought for me. Thank Sleek so much for the help putting groceries away 😽 I think they would still be strewn about the hall otherwise. She does look like she's saying 'do I look pretty in my mackintosh' then again it might be 'what were you thinking, get this off me right now' 😄 (but it does suit her). The work chaps are a possible, fingers crossed, quote dependent - I did quite like them but I've said that before 🙄. Hope you have less chores & errands today after helping Lucy etc, you did say your house was tidy so unless it has slipped back overnight you shouldn't have too much housework :) xx

Hello joan, not the nicest day but at least I don't have to go anywhere. No birds around at all this morning, they must know it's going to rain again or else they're just staying in this morning with the Saturday papers 😄. Were the shelves getting empty of other things in Wilko too. Thank you have a good weekend yourselves too 😊 xx

Hi bosh, hope things ok with you today especially if it's mxt instead of Fri. Oh dear what a good job I did my shopping in the nick of time before the shelves were cleared for the b hol invasion (I love 'all the al fresco fields lay fallow' 😊) 😱 all I would have had left to choose from are 1 or 2 things not wanted by lordly littleys, maybe a carrot or two and some slightly-too-boring cake 🤔. I just don't know what will become of us but yes keef might help us out, and Toni has some cucumbers & tomatoes - no good looking to me in the produce department I've only got a few runner beans in the garden and some straggly lettuce. No cheese, oh woe 😥 . Still, I will at least be noble in the face of these shortages, stiff upper lip, no making of demands for hot sauce 🙄 and however hungry I get I won't resort to gnawing on any unfortunate big brothers that happen to be passing 😄. No, no bus fare dreams etc for me this week, I did have a spider in mine last night which is never fun 😱 probably because I have been weeding the gravel outside the house and keep seeing many many small fast little spiders, eek. The worrying bit was I think I also spotted their parent.. 😬 especially as it was hanging about too near the air brick for my liking. I do not want that spider 'phrogging' - living secretly in my house - new word to me this week (seems to be a netflix series of that name &c so poss not new to you). Let's hope sis's MIL does not decide to do that either! Perhaps make a few security measures to the cold room just in case 🔐. Bye for now :)

Best to keef 👋 and everyone else not here today xx

• bosh

Hi toady

how are you?

im glad that you won’t be gnawing on any big brothers passing by lol

i can’t quite promise the same lol, after all living in a volcano means I need to take my stress relief wherever I can find it, if biting a brother feels right at the time I may just go for it haha

yes mxt Saturday for me today will be injecting it fairly soon ookey 🤢

I’d better get on with things really as I don’t want to inject too late in the day

ok bye for toady tc xx

ps waterfall in Scotland not sure of exact location xx

• Skinny Keef

Etoricoxib is my new drug.

Migraine all day again.

post tomorrow if i feel better.

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you today?

im still enjoying the mxt hangover as it were

I wouldn’t worry about the folic acid, you’re a very careful person, I’m not, not always, plus in the morning like Keef I’m just trying not to wake people up, so I get a bit distracted at times, it also slows me down even more than our common arthritis fog or whatever it’s called, at the start of the day, but that’s just how things are.

Mum may need adjustment of meds for blood acidity yes.

To be honest I’m struggling to keep my eyes open and my neck is hurting despite a scarf, so il stop for now

have a nice evening Toni bye tc xx

ps pic of sushi dragon xx