Val's Cafe

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Can I ask a mod why quote style looks like it will be single spacing when you draft it but goes back to double when it's posted? I thought I'd cracked a way to do this as nothing else seems to, is there any way? hold down shift and carriage return works on other forums not this one 🤔.

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,712

👋 toady and Keef

• bosh

Hi Toni

you are right about LA, he is indeed a chip off the old paternal block lol

i hope when he eventually weds his thousands of girlfriends, he allows them to eat at least 3 chocolates out of 28, but it seems an unlikely ratio for our young gang member friend haha.

he was eating a bite of his burger which was in one hand and a bit of BR’s cod goujon that he’d appropriated in another hand and staring at granny’s face, trying to get a reaction, he looked very much like a monkey eating consecutive bites from green and yellow bananas in an effort to displease the chief matriarch lol.

Ps pic of LA xx

• toady

I love that t-shirt bosh 😊 didn't see your post at the time sorry. Glad your arm is only a bit sore atm, hope that's only mild & goes off. You will be glad to not have any appts now for 5 mins, not as many anyway. Funny story about LA I can just imagine 😄 it reminded me of the fable of the monkey (or boy) who would not let go, I wonder how long LA would hang on to a cheese sandwich in a jar 🤔. You mentioning the mafia reminded me I saw a nosegay seller yesterday with the username larco (& some numbers), don't tell LA 😬. Hope you have a good night 👋 xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Hi Reshmi, great T. Will have to get one of those. I got the do not disturb T from a post last week, and a not interested one both from RedBubble.

what a long day after 2 hours sleep. I ended up getting bike out and going to see Sucré and am reaping the pain now after riding, so I’m off to bed. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Good night everyone xx

• bosh

Thanks toady

no need to apologise

larco! The Larcos are everywhere! Oh dear - I will keep it top secret

thanks about the appointments

my leg was hurting a lot today though, that’s why I ended up asking for a chair and sitting down in the queue

I’ll see how it goes but if the pain remains bad I’ll tell the nurse that this isn’t normal for me and it’s affecting my mobility so maybe she can talk to the doc and they can possibly increase mxt dosage, I’m going to group tomorrow but if it’s still hurting might have to get a lift unfortunately.

I know this isn’t exactly an earth shattering problem but the nurse said she wanted to minimise side effects, which i understand of course, but the medicine needs to work properly, anyway not a big deal at all, just frustrating.

I hope you have a good night toady and everyone else too bye tc xx

• toady

'Night all 😘 batten down the hatches for storm weather, if in doubt all round to keef's bunker to sit it out 😁 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 27. Sep 2023, 04:53

Morning ❤️

Hi Joan. How are you and Sue and the dogs? I'd Pepper fully recovered from the shock? We shall see today whether the tarmackers turn up🙄 very convenient planning to come the same day as storm Aggie🤔

Ah well take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you ? Your Mum too of course.

The poor thing still not really good fir her but at least there's a date for her colonoscopy now👍

Thanks for the tea it was lovely.

Glad your covid jab is done and dusted and hope your arm isn't too sore. Still it is worth it.

Gosh that's a privilege for LA being the only non-Italian member of the MH primary school mafioso!😅

He is a chip off his Daddy's block still slim though for now no wobbly belly😉

I can totally imagine him daring Granny to say something about the purloined goujon!!! Just like that adorable baby monkey!

Do think he'll let his future spouse have more than 3 chocolates? Nah! Unlikely 🤔

Well I hope you have a quiet restful day take care ((()))

Morning Toady

Here comes the weather🙄 Sleek has been out and the door slammed shut so maybe it is a bit blowy.

I am sure those darn drive people have done this on purpose. Giving the best weather to paying customers.

I did get outside a bit yesterday but not much more than you to be honest.

Her Royal Sleekiness will be over later but carefully she really wants to do some packaging. She definitely dies not smoke she's extremely anti to be honest. Quite judgemental about owners who smoke too. What about feline passive smoking she mutters quite right too.

I rather like your poetry method you know! For someone like me it might work I don't have an idea in my brain. Not so our Bosh she can manage on her own.

Glad to see your sp***really has moved on. Poor thing.....some woman careered into his garden yesterday morning.....money sp**er in your hair? That's 👍 👌

Quote style? Wassat? Too much fir my small brain. Didnt know there was such thing?

have a good day Toady😊

Morning Keef

Like your new TShirt very smart.👍

How are you all? Are the gang home today or is it tomorrow? I betyour boy was thrilled to see you which must mitigate some of the pain thectrip caused.

I expect you have some gastronomic delight planned for when they are home. I watched bake-off last night. A good start I think.

If the weather is bad you know we're all coming to your bunker don't you? Toady says we can.

Take care everyone

• bosh

Good morning everyone

my leg is feeling a bit ookey

may get a lift to group

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good day. Love to your carers (())

Toady (()) I read Lavender and ones like that keep spiders away. I hope you have a good day. I hope you can sort the cupboard out. I saw Monty Don has got a new book out called gardening.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) yes Pepper is better now Thank you (()) I said to Toady Monty Don has a new book out called gardening. Lavender stop’s spiders coming in doors. I hope you are feeling better (()) have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you had your jab we have ours on Saturday. Love to your mum (())

Keef (()) I bet Sucr’e was pleased to see you (()) have a good day. love to Loanda (())

Julie (()) I hope you have a good day (()) did you manage to sort things out.

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    edited 27. Sep 2023, 12:58

Migraine city again today. Not surprising as i felt neck crack as i turned over at 3 am thought then today would be a write off

wppl if i feel better

• Skinny Keef

Toni, you would all be very welcome but I’m not so sure we’d all fit, trust Toady to get you into trouble.

going now feel sick typing.

• bosh

Hi Toni toady Joan and Keef

how are you all today?

i went to group but my leg was feeling ookey so I got a lift and was carrying a lot of stuff, like coats or whatever so got a lift back too

not feeling too good after covid jab

poor mum is feeling even worse than I am

she had covid and flu jab, one in each arm,

she has a slight temperature

in an effort to carry less things I ate less sugary foods and also in an attempt to make up for my sins at birthday meal.

LA charmed the waitress into giving him free baked beans- then he didn’t even eat them!

ok I’ll go for now due to the aforementioned ookey- ness.

bye and tc everyone xx

ps a relevant sign, at least for me, I sometimes wish the pharmacy sort my meds out without an almost omnipresent “situation”.

• Skinny Keef

New throw. What ever is she gonna buy next.

• Skinny Keef

Head just starting to ease. Wasted a whole day of alone time for guitar today laying down feeling rough. I get so annoyed.

• Skinny Keef

Yes the tv really is that big. Got it when Sucré was born after years of not having one. Making up for lost time.

• toady

Hi all 👋

Nothing too awful here so far in the way of weather so perhaps we won't need to re-enact Twister in keef's bunker after all 😄 not to worry looks like we might have had to draw lots, at which point I would get the short straw as sure as night follows day, & serve me right. I will be under the cafe table with a mug of tea instead 🤪. Joking aside poor anyone having it worse than here, Cornwall pretty bad apparently 😔.

Hope all ok at yours frog. I sent Sleek home well before the worst of it, better to be tucked up safely at home with her pink blankie 😊. All well here anyway, just keeping an eye on things, the worst should be over by bedtime which is the main thing, hate bad weather overnight. Was lucky that I already have toasted teacakes in so I could look at that pic this morning without being sad 😄. Funny old day, feels more like a Sunday than any Sunday ever imo. Have just been poking about with the tatty cupboard I mentioned to joan, it will reappear on here only if something half decent becomes of it - its intended destiny is just a little garage cupboard so I shan't go mad & start decoupaging cherubs onto it (not that I would), it'll probably get the sort of quick non-invasive facelift (lucky it..) that someone could just clean off & start over. Nothing else to report. Quote mode, well I didn't especially want that either or get the hang of it 😄 I was just poking in the special formats menu because I feel it should be possible to start a new line without a new paragraph 🤔 that just seems to give you an indent and that grey bar 🤷‍♀️ will look into it further one day. Take care hope everyone ok :) xx

Hello joan, hope everything ok with you & Sue✌️all fairly calm here, no problems not too much rain either. I got the door off the cupboard ok this morning 👍️ it will go onto the project list til I have time. The veneer needs mending, much easier when the door is off. I will look out for Monty's book thank you (very original title 😄) - he would be very unimpressed by what I've done in the garden this year, the snails just got the better of me 🐌. Next year I will just grow things they don't like, that does include lavender, I have quite a lot already I could do things with it to deter spiders as well good idea 👍️. Have a good night :) xx

Hi bosh, sorry you & your mum both feel not too brilliant after the jab, hope you feel better soon. You did well to get to group considering and your leg as well, hope it was ok and there were a few there today. Hope you can sort out what the best thing to do is about the not-normal leg pain if you talk to nurse, will you ring up and speak to her in the first instance? Good pharmacy sign btw, yes that's not the word you want in the context of the dreaded prescription 😱. Nothing much going on with me today, hope you have an ok night :) xx

Sorry you've had a bad day keef, hope that now the head has eased tomorrow will be better, no cricking it in the night again that's an order. At least you were not lumbered with us lot today 😉. Nice throw 😀 shame it doesn't really go with anything else in the house 😂😂 yes, what next?? Have you got any further with the bunker ceiling btw, I realize u probably haven't felt like it, just asking as I'm looking at buying some paint conditioner which promises to eliminate brush & roller marks, make painting easier and generally transform your life etc etc, wondered if you'd tried that sort of thing yourself. Hope you get some ok sleep xx

Love to all hope everyone safe 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning Everyone ❤️

Joan I am so glad Pepper has recovered well from that trauma. Lavender Monty says? That's good to know I have it in my multipurpose cleaner from the refill shop. I shall clean more🤭🤭🤭

Take care have a good day ((())) xxx

Reshmi How is your leg? I hope ots eased a bit.

Poor you and your Mum after your covid jab I feel lucky with mine I've always done ok pretty well. Hope your Mum's temp has settled.

Very wise to get a lift to and from the group.

Oh LA! I can imagine him charming the waitress with his long lashes 😍 but yo not eat the beans!!! 😖

Love the pharmacy situation🙄 that's just spot on isn't it?!

Take care and rest if you need to today ((()))

Love the throw Keef!

It's lovely and soooooo Loanda! How are your two by the way?

That is a rather large TV but why not? It's your money and for those of us who don't get out much very useful.

I'm so glad the migraine eased for you it's the last thing you need really. Bloomin necks.

I know it feels like a wasted day but sometimes rest is all we can do.

Take care((())(

Morning Toady

How are you this not too windy day? No harm done here just one cracked pot which probably was on its way out anyway. What about you? Mind it's dark yet...

I totally agree I hate storms overnight too best done and dusted before bed.

The tarmackers did turn up I expect Sleek said? They ate all my biccies every one. I bet she told you that too! Kari got dome more and some cow's milk.

I believe she hid the Roy Rogers in her ickle house....so some biccies are safe...

Glad you has some teaches to eat! 🥰 it dies or did feel like a Sunday and I fear it still does 🤔

Aha! That's a cute little cupboard plenty of potential there I like it.

Tarmackers jolly well better return today and finish the job. If Sleek comes over send her home later on but remind her to use the back door please.

Have a good day!

• bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• Skinny Keef

Morning everybody. Just a quick one. Head seems to have cleared this morning finally.

Sucré greeted me in bed this morning with a coffee flavoured burger from his play food. I tasted it and he had great delight when i told him it was disgusting, so much so I had to taste it several times to make sure.

off to xray this morning the one i missed last week due to migraine. Will read back over the posts later.

wppl.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to everyone have a good day.

Toady (()) that’s a nice cupboard. That’s good your weather was not too bad ours was alright just windy. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) That’s good the tarmacer’s came back I hope they do come back tomorrow. If they eat your bickies they did not do a lot of work. I hope you all have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) i hope you mums feeing better now (()) have a good day

Keef (()) Loanda throw is different. I hope your neck feels better today (()) love to Sucr’e (())

Julie (()) i hope you have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef

Currently waiting for xray.

It was SO NICE to get out on bike for a ride. Even if it was just to ride to the hospital hopefully they won’t keep me too long.

• Skinny Keef

Hi Toady, yes bunker ceiling/roof is all done. I have the ultimate thing for making painting easier, get someone else to do it. 😁 i am very lucky that Loanda absolutely loves doing stuff to make the house nice, not just filling it with Halloween stuff but also painting so she did the bunker for me.

I haven’t tried that paint additive. Cant really see how it would work apart from thinning the paint somewhat, which isn’t always a good thing.

• Skinny Keef

Loanda has informed me that we now have a skeleton spider. Foto to follow….

• bosh

Hi Keef

good afternoon

i hope the x - ray went ok?

are you back at home now?

bye for now tc Reshmi x