Val's Cafe

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 6. Oct 2023, 17:31

Hi all 👋 nice quiet cup of tea please 😊☕️

Got all my deliveries and stuff over with by 3 which was good. Groceries were mid morning so that left me a window to do a coat of paint, just about. I know what you're thinking, I am going to say that the neighbours turned up 5 minutes into starting again and put me right off my (brush)strokes, but you would be quite wrong boys & girls, they turned up 5 minutes before I finished and put me off instead 🙄. I heard the van door & said aloud to myself "oh lor' I hope that's not the drug man" 😂, don't think they would have heard - but if so perhaps they might have 2nd thoughts about the sort of neighbourhood & move somewhere else 🤨. Anyway one coat of paint to go for good measure and I'm out of there. Hope the finger is sorting itself out nicely, I see that I have to be careful not to be no. 3 😬 eek. Hope you will at least be able to sit in the garden & admire things & plan things even though we're not really the sitting type 😣 do your best. Not getting any more bites either hopefully. I have found 2 fleas in the house the last few days 😱 oh dear not as bad as the alleged Parisian bedbug outbreak but I don't want these little blighters either. Sleek is entirely above suspicion, I hardly need say 😽 looks like I'm more likely to give them to her! I shall try not to. Knots are one thing! No doughnuts in my today's shop but she would probably accept a viennese chocolate bic? Hope everything ok with you today & everyone, btw it's clocks back not forward but same effect as you say, lighter mornings 😀 darker evenings.. 😫. Have a good weekend :) xx

Hello joan, I have got all my stuff done with today, I have to pack a little ebay parcel to be picked up tomorrow but it's only easy. I meant to say yesterday about the plan to raise the smoking age, that you mentioned, that would be good and I hope it does mean people don't even start one day. In the meantime they will try to get around it I expect but would be lovely to just call time on the tobacco industry. Have a good weekend love to Sue :) xx

Hi bosh sending good wishes for mxt day🤞and glad to hear BR is improving & your mum's back is better too, that's all good news. Hope you've fitted your rest in too. Not much happening with me today I have had my medication delivery (drivers don't half vary, some remind you to put it in the fridge this one couldn't have been less bothered. Never know either why they say your name and get you to confirm, surely they should ask you, anyone can say yes that's my name 🤷‍♀️and then skip off to the dark web with illicit biologics to sell (ok, unlikely 😄). I have a very small nosegay parcel to send only pocket money but perhaps having one customer will encourager les autres haha. Have a good evening 👋 :) xx

Yikes keef, not the curse of the finger 😱 I know Loanda likes her garden gothic but blood-soaked planters, is probably too far 😬. Sorry it was mid-job & v annoying if you can't get on with it how you would like (looks around at all my half & un-started projects 😕 frustrating, innit). I will be careful if I am doing anything, should be safe enough with the paint at the moment. I did get on ok with the 'wonder stuff' (not the band on this occasion bosh, they weren't on today's playlist), it's quite gloopy actually so doesn't seem to have a thinning effect, I did feel it kept the wet edge better & the paint workable 🤔 but I might just have had better mojo today, I'd have to control test it really. Love to family have as good weekend as poss :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138
    edited 6. Oct 2023, 18:07

Anyone follow F1? I gave up on it after the terrible race management at the final round 2 years ago, and I’ve just heard on radio news that Verstappen is on verge of taking the championship again, 3 times in a row.

That reminds me I’ve got 2 months worth of WSBK and MotoGP to catch up on. I subscribe to the world feed for those so really should get around to watching them but every free second has been spent playing guitar lately.

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

Hi Joan

how are you both today?

I’m not feeling too bad thanks just tired after methotrexate

mum’s back is getting better thank you

I hope you both have a nice night take care xx

• bosh

Hi Keef

sorry to hear you cut yourself and are having a very bad day pain wise

thanks about nasty M, I do stay and deal with her sometimes, but I didn’t feel like dealing with her this week

I hope you have a tolerable night, take care x

• bosh

Hi toady

how are you today?

im glad you got your medicine delivery ok even if the driver was a bit “stroppy”

biologics on the dark web- what a thought! Please don’t tell mafia member Lord A - it’s not a good idea to give a criminal mastermind “ideas” lol.

I did manage to get some proper sleep in the end thanks

Don’t worry I’m sure that ‘Les autres suivront mais mefiez - vous du genie malefique et du flaneur”, ok I’m very rusty with French and had some help lol, but as Sartre once said, well the Reading - based Sartre at any rate haha, I’m sure you’ll get some more customers, but I’m afraid when the time comes for evil genius and great observer of people LA to be let loose on nosegay! How potentially ookey! Time to double check those debit card numbers again 😂

BR is getting better thanks

so is mums backache

I may create a neighbour- repellent type spell in my now empty mxt couldron - missing one ingredient though - 5% cashmere hat lol, I must have to substitute - al fresco style - with spider and her web that’s scarily near front door - ookey again

Ok getting a bit tired, so have a good night take care xx

ps good job you’re making your own coffee lol xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 7. Oct 2023, 05:41

Morning Joan. I squeezed some kitchen roll while I got all the equipment together plasters and the steri strips and the alcohol wipe. Then and only then did I realise I couldn't do it myself! Luckily one of Lucy's friends was here. Kari redressed it since. Thanks for asking all healing nicely now. Hope you are both ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Keef ah oh dear I am so sorry about your finger, but do have some good news. My friend (the one whose wife die in December?) Well her sister has cut hers because she showed me a photo yesterday so that should be the 3rd. PHEW!!!!

Can you do that planter? Maybe....but you have to do it in far smaller goes. Maybe only one panel a day. I think you are a bit of a 'boom and bust' kind of man maybe? I think because you used to be able to work all day you still want to?

Paul follows the F1 as does my friend the one I refer to above. They are going to the local football together this afternoon while I am out. Deliberately 🙄

Make sure you get your money's worth!

Morning Reshmi how are you today?

Probably like me more than a bit iffy, but still, it will pass it always does. ((())) What restraint only eating half a choccy bar! you deserve a medal.

Oh poor LA not coming to show off his beautiful 🎃 I think it is probably for the best I honestly can't see how no-one else is going to catch it yet including possibly Big Babu. He has been far too close to the patient for my liking. Quarantine that man when he gets back or isolate yourself.

Where does nasty M get all that money from? Honestly i agree rather than spending it I 'Text' she could send some over here instead. We could think of many worthier causes couldn't we?🙄

I love the cupholder from a certain large coffee chain! Remember when the customer was always right???? Funny though.

Take care today I am planning to eat something like maybe a greggs sausage roll - my staple anti-nausea food. ((()))

Morning Toady

How are you feeling today?

Deliveries nice and early with time left for a coat of paint! Well done you. I am most impressed. Maybe the 'new' neighbours did indeed hear you talking (a) to yourself and (b) about your drug delivery. Theye weren't to know it was prescription drugs were they?🤔 There may be hope yet!🤭

You are safe from the curse of the cut finger! All is well. I saw the photo yesterday of my friend's sister's it's an ouch indeed she had a few stitches. A new knife and some burger rolls being the culprit.

Sleek should be safe from any fleas she has 3 monthly drops on the back of her neck bless her so don't worry. I have used household flea spray in the past you can get it from pets at home. The little blighters live outside in the grass and apparently can lay dormant in our houses for years before deciding to hatch!

I've had a chat and yes a Viennese chocolate biscuit will be more than acceptable apparently.

🕒 back. Back Toni! an extra hour in bed, but darker evenings now that makes sense! Thanks😁

Have a good day.

• bosh

Good morning everyone

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good weekend (()) love to everyone.

Toady (()) yes your neighbour might have thought you were a druggie I’m not living there. Is it tonight we put the clocks back. Have a good weekend go careful (())

Barbara (()) love to Mr B (()) have a good weekend love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) take care have a good weekend your friend is doing well (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and yoyour lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good weekend that’s good your mum is feeling better (())

Keef sorry you cut your finger you were trying to make it more colour full. Have a good weekend love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Julie (()) have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

I’m not too bad thanks

mum is also ok in some ways, but now she’s in a bad mood, I asked her if the problem is her back, but she doesn’t want to talk about it

I hope that you both have a nice afternoon bye tc xx

• Skinny Keef

Hi all, over did the planter construction again today and feel rough.

wppl.

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you?

there was a big HV situation this morning and I was crying from it

mum is in a mood about something but it’s not bs, it may be back pain but she won’t talk about it

That was a good idea about BB self isolating but he didn’t, we had to go on nagging him just to have a shower- he’s so irresponsible

LA got 5 out of 5 in his spelling test - bless

he and his brother made an enormous mess in their bedroom- they put Lego all over the floor - mum called it “ a lovely mess” lol, but it was poor sis who had to clear it up

LA wants a stomach bug so he can stay up late and watch tv lol -hopefully not B Jones or The Exorcist though - that bill what an ookey character indeed

you’re right, BR got a stomach bug from nursery

ill go for now quite tired

bye for now Toni tc xx

• Skinny Keef

Just flicking through some of my song library whilst Sucré playing in bath after I’ve cleaned him. Found Lazy Song by Bruno Mars. Me and him watch the vid on utube and it’s the band with monkey masks on, he’s had me play it about 6 times in a row now. Monkey Song Monkey Song daddy!!!!

today we were talking about the number of drones on paw patrol. He said there are twelve, i said wow that’s a lot. He held up both hands and said 2 more than ten. He’s not even 3yo yet.

i feel very chilled and relaxed for the first time in a long time. Might be the Lazy Song or the drugs, maybe a bit of both.

Despite the pain we’ve had a lovely family day today, the sort of days a family man would cherish. I’m not a family man but i just do the best i can.

• bosh

Hi again Toni

hope you got to eat your nice vegan sausage roll

maybe NM is selling biologics on the web of midnight darkness, I really hope not though lol

remember when she pretended she could barely move her hand so someone would carry her teacup? When in reality she’s carrying bags containing the whole of “Text” with that hand -oh dear.

sorry Toni I’m so tired, have a nice night tc xx

ps beware of reptiles/ weather or whatever lol xx

• bosh

Good night toady - sorry very much cream - crackered atm.

I thought I could buy some hats for cold VC breakfast- eaters

you could buy the bats?

theres a poem in there somewhere lol, but I really need to sleep bye tc xx

• toady
    edited 7. Oct 2023, 21:52

'night all 😴

Paying the price for a busy day yesterday so v much a composite of cream-crackered bosh and overdoing-it keef 🙄 would settle for 'onesie & plate of bics' kitty's lifestyle, at least it's able to keep its eyes open & watch tv which is more than I can tonight.

Love to all & will see you tomorrow, won't attempt a coherent post tonight.

Hope things ok with you frog, & family, nice that Paul & your friend went to the footie 👍️ ..tarmac must be coming well on now, at least they did not tarmac around Penelope 😄 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-67034731.amp Have a good night :) xx

Hello joan, it's not yet for the clocks thankfully, end of the month usually I think 🤔 have a good Sunday, back tomorrow :) xx

'night bosh, sorry you had a not nice situation with HV today 😔 do hope your mum & whatever is causing her mood improves. Will see you in here tomorrow when I call in & reply properly 👋 :) xx

'night keef, fellow 'not good at pacing yourself' person, glad you felt better enough later to have a nice family evening 👍️ (not sure how to read the last line of your post, meant in a 'not a born family man' sense? 🤔). Have as good a night as poss xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef

Hi Toady, I like your hybrid description 😁

I just meant that I’m not a natural born dad type, and don’t have a lot of natural ability at being a husband/father, i just do the best I can. I often feel like I mess it all up, but today was a good day. Give me a guitar or piano and I know what I’m doing.

pain back with a vengeance now. Wish i could take some more pills but i want a clear head tomorrow.

night everyone xx

• Skinny Keef

Love your fotos as always Reshmi x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 8. Oct 2023, 05:49

Morning!

Morning Joan yes my friend is doing so much better bless her although she still struggles every single day of course. How are you and Sue doing? Saw a Corgi yesterday what a sweetie. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi How are you doing today? I do hope not feeling as upset as yesterday you really don't deserve or need to be so upset I am thinking of you ((()))

I feel a fair bit more myself today good job s we are off out to a car show.

I see Sleek was at yours making herself at home in her onesie!!! That poor cat in the 2nd pic though! Exactly perfect the cat would be thinking - 'Let me go!'😁

Well done LA getting 5 out of 5 in his spelling test. Early potential. I suspected he would be a bright one. It's in the genes. He gets it from his Auntie Mima.

Not so sure I'd want a stomach bug just to stay up late and watch TV though!

These bugs fly through places like nurseries unfortunately.

Naughty BB needing to be encouraged to have a shower when he got home I hope his clothes went in the incinerator - er - washing machine!

I will watch out for Lizzards on the M6 toll I promise😂

Sending love and ((()))

Morning Keef

Hope you are ok? Spoiling your two no doubt. I bet your little one loves his baths? My two used to love theirs hope it didn't hurt you too much. You are absolutely a family man! Goodness! Bathing your son cooking for your family and (doing your best to) making planters for your wife! That is the epitome of a good husband and Dad.

Awww 'Monkey song' how cute is Sucré! and bright too imagine knowing what 12 is already. Paw patrol eh? I quite like paw patrol. Out of the kids programmes on TV of course.

My number plates are here and I have forgotten to photograph them. Will try to remember later.

Hope your stay reasonably chilled and not in too much pain ((()))

Morning Toady how are you today? I do hope a little less exhausted.

It was such a warm day too and you probably rested. Did Sleek tell you about the incident below? I bet she did and brought you a cuppa and some biccies?

All is well here except a dreadful experience yesterday. Paul and I saw a badly injured cat dragging herself into a hedge. We managed to raise her owner and between us we managed to get her into her cat box and her owner went off to the vet with her. I really really am still upset about her I hope she's ok. Sleek has been to check but will only say she's had surgery. That's what cats do they hide to die - if we had been 2 minutes later she would have died in there and her lovely owner would never have known where she was. Oh just awful😒 Paul thinks she will be ok it looked like a broken leg.

I had to rush home and check on my puss.

Hehehe! Don't blame teh tarmackers I expect they warned everyone to move their cars!!!! Penelope is safely in the garage with Paul's cars. Will test the drive tonight!

Take care Toady rest if you need to.

veggie not vegan but good for you

• bosh

Good morning everyone

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope all is well there. Take care.

Toady (()) The leaves will be falling off the tree’s soon. Have a good day. Have you taken your drugs this morning.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) How is your finger (()) That’s good you and Paul saw that cat and you knew the owner I hope he’s doing alright. I read yesterday about a bully dog killing a cat. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope your mum is not in more pain (()) have a good day

Keef (()) you are a very good family man many people would be please to have. Have a good day (()) love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Julie (()) have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both today?

My mum had bad shoulder pain yesterday, but I only found out today when i overheard her talking to my sister, but she said the pain has gone now thanks

I’m a bit tired but ok thanks 🙏

i hope you both have a good afternoon tc xx

ps pic of bill snacking lol xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you today?

im glad you are feeling better now

I hope you enjoy the car show

no major HV today so far thanks 🙏

I’m a bit tired but ok thanks Toni

mum had bad shoulder pain yesterday but I only discovered that by overhearing her talking to my sister

she said pain has gone away now 👍

I had the veg burger and fruit juice takeaway today - but not too much fruit juice- it was really nice

LA told mum that men are almost fully bald sometimes as lice eat their hair from the roots, “ like what happened with BB” as he put it lol, lice are everywhere it seems then!! Have the lice been eating so much R Brek blended with Polyfilla that they’ve achieved immortality? Oh dear- best to hide out in the as yet not -infected VC then, my place is under the bed with bananas / choc bars, oh GI Joe is confusing me again haha.

ok that’s instalment one

bfn Toni tc xx

• Skinny Keef

So it’s Sunday again. Sucré off to nannie’s house. He been a little bit funny about whether or not he wants to go. No one moment, yes the next. I would love him to stay with me whilst Loanda works but I must admit I do enjoy a bit of time on my own to play some music (which always makes me feel guilty) but I’m just not capable of having him on my own especially if a migraine starts which as you know happens regularly unfortunately, I’ve ridden over with them this evening which he is very happy about. I guess I do always put them first. I could have been home alone now enjoying peace and quiet lol.

Nice evening for a ride though. Can’t believe it’s October. I even had to put the aircon on in the bunker today. Oh and my front tyre seems to not be leaking air any more after having that new one fitted. Must have been not settled on rim completely. A few miles has put that right. Very happy about that, hate it when anything wrong with bike!

• toady
    edited 8. Oct 2023, 19:14

Hey all 👋 still tired and somewhat grumpy 😞

Such a nice day, hate to waste a nice day feeling grumpy I'll soon have something to be grumpy about when it's cold. Oh well got a lineful of washing done and had a chat to Mr Speckly, that's about it 😄. Mowers & strimmers everywhere in force needless to say so any thoughts of a quiet time in the garden relaxing and reading improving literature is off 🙄. No wildlife to be seen frog, just robin, that's about it for the 'regulars'. So so sorry about the poor cat 😥 I am crossing everything it'll be alright🤞 poor you too seeing anything like that is so upsetting, 'lucky' you were there, but awful. Hope you had a good day out, Sleek will fill me in on all the news next visit. Funnily enough I was watching a back episode of Doctor Who this afternoon and Jammie Dodgers were mentioned, you may wish to pass that on to her, as I seem to be out 😉. Have a good Monday it will be nice again apparently 🌞 I did go and dig over a bit of border as it needs a going over and rethink, so I suppose I did something, hope the fingers lets you 'join' me soon in the garden.

Hello joan hope you & Sue have had a nice Sunday 😊. No drugs of any sort for me on a weekend 😉. Have not been busy either, just a bit of washing, at least it has been quiet (mostly). Hope the leaves hang on a bit longer or I will be having to sweep them up 😬 luckily I have a fair few evergreens. The bees were all over the flowering ivy today having a lovely time 🐝. Have a good Monday should be sunny again :) xx

Hi bosh, I have just translated your previous reply to me re nosegay, I got the vague gist but 'mefiez-vous' I didn't recognize at all (good verb! I like it). A Beware of the Toad sign on the door might be good for unwanted callers but fr. for toad is the rather unfortunate 'crapaud' as you may know, would not look very good on a sign would it 😔, shame. Also 'flaneur' I only know because there is a slightly hipster magazine of that name, which I have never bought, so that helped me out. LA on nosegay 😱😱 oh, what a thought that is! Would he make a worse buyer or seller, hard to say. Probably a seller, because if anyone criticized anything he sold to them I can imagine he would probably write pages of cross responses to their feedback including personal insults about hair loss and lice 😂. Glad things not too bad with you today and your mum is feeling better, hopefully if it was just the shoulder pain and it's better she will be less easily upset. Thank you for the anti-neighbour spell it seems to be working they haven't been here all weekend which was a big help 👍️ could you augment it to include the local cats, who are currently scrapping in the back garden by the sounds of it 🤨. Have a good night :) xx

Night to keef too, glad the bike tyre is better, can you feel the difference as well? Yes lovely day to be out, very much appreciated for Oct. Sounds like Sucré was ok on balance about going to nannie's which is good not too much upset 👍️. Have a good day tomorrow :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi again Toni

I have one more story, this time it’s about BR, he saw bill wearing some of the brightly and oddly coloured shirts, I think this time at was an unsightly orange that matched his lockdown shorts at one point presumably lol, but little BR was not at all impressed, he said, “ daddy why are you wearing mummy’s clothes? You take that shirt off please, it’s not yours” or something along those lines, lol.

Thanks about LA and the cat pics, hopefully some of the cat pics are just photoshopped or whatever so no cats are actually in pain.

Yes hopefully dad did put his clothes in the laundry, heaven forbid he should ever wash them himself.

thanks for the hugs, I hope you have a good night take care xx