Val's Cafe

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Morning all 👋

Drafting this over a morning cuppa, we'll see how that works out (hopefully can only become so outdated by time of posting 😂) so yes sitting down for a change; sorry Sleek it's true I was very fidgety yesterday, jobs kept tapping me for attention 😬 more washing (I am so ahead now 😇), kitchen cleaning, online stuff, some paintstripping, bit of garden.. luckily none of Monty's jobs applied to me so I didn't have to do those. He could easily point out dozens of others ofc but that's another matter 😂. Yes the bites are the worst sort I've had, so persistent! you think they're going then they seem to reignite themselves, worse at night yes, but anytime really; 3 weeks I wouldn't be surprised. No more thanks! 😣 Must try & do the butterfly thing today. Looks nice out should be just right outdoors for all purposes. You were lucky with the weather yourselves yes 😊 glad you'd be able to stay at the proper site in future if fellow-Fig visiting, that sounds ideal👍 both indeed looking good there 😊 I always assumed pink was Penelope's original colour, I expect she's an official fig pink though? Not much chance of me migrating to the coast either I don't suppose but I would like to be nearer, at least. I used to like being central for things but as I don't utilize those 'things' anymore it's not the advantage it was 🙄 so the seaside would be nice. Noddy Goes to the Seaside I'm sure that was a thing too, you could run us some little cafe day trips 🏖️😀. Sorry you had the power off for a bit today 😱 good that gas hob means you always have that backup, it's the best combo to have really. Hope you have a good Sunday, have you got much on this week? Do hope the shoulder is holding nicely. Will report back on shopping, if they haven't got tuna&sardine they'll sub something suitable I hope, maybe 'van-eel-a' 🍦? Have a good afternoon :) xx

Hello Joan, nice and quiet here today surprising for a Sunday. That was a short notice appointment for you, was it one you already had and they moved it? Surprised they don't text they always seem quite keen on that sort of thing, mind you I'm thinking of the GPs, they send reminders but for hosp I suppose they think letters are more official for their records maybe. Hope your transport works out. I do know where my birth cert is it's in a little box, but it wouldn't be unheard of for me to move the box somewhere & forget 😬 I hate places asking for so much ID these days I must say. I've seen the little Gatekeeper butterfly again, I shall go and have a good watch later when the shopping has been. Have a good afternoon :) xx

Right time goes on now and must get a little lunch in before the delivery so it's a definite 2 parter today, catch up with you later bosh, hope everything ok with you and all littleys noses are intact etc 👋 xx

Love to all 😘

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Sorry for the very late check - in- I did however have a very good sleep though - how about you?

Im glad it’s cooler for you- it’s definitely cooled down a bit here too 👍

Mum was ok this morning thankfully 🙏

She also isn’t feel weak today either as far as I can gather

I did morning walk and am not feeling too bad thanks 👍

Yes that’s BR’s makeup look indeed lol, they call it “selfie glam chocolate / vanilla ice cream makeup filter” or something like that 😂

Yes LA is all forms of consultant now, at least in his head haha

Yes I’m sure sis had the wipes ready to edit the cosmetic filter

I think you’re right LA will be visiting Reading on the riviera soon - not sure when exactly yet

I like Swedish G*ace too, both the vanilla and raspberry

I like all ice cream that’s the problem lol, but if I had the freedom, I’d only keep SG in the house

Do you like sorbet?

Oh dear, power cut, that’s so annoying

Good that you were prepared

I know your cups of tea are fish - free at least, although when it comes to Sleek I know she’s signed a waiver haha

ps pic of LA the natural history consultant’s pals - the diplodocus was born in Portugal apparently- I’m too scared to tell him otherwise 😱😱

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi toady

Oh no the itching hour - yes insect bites are nasty indeed

Are you allowed to use S*ducrem?

That’s quite effective for me

And I guess in some ways the less time spent in the garden the better

But I know that’s not always practical for you

Have a nice afternoon toady tc xx

Ps I looked up some tea - phrases on Bin - terest and this was the result lol, good job BB has stopped babbling the Bass ( sea bass) tea for now, or even worse sea bass - ice cream the most disgusting alternative to omega 3 oil capsule - yucky 🤢

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Mum is feeling better 🙏

I’m ok thanks

Have a good day tc xx

👋 hi again toady post - missing - confusion my fault lol

Have a good afternoon toady and sandee tc xx

• toady

Hi again all

A chatty delivery driver 😱😱😱 oh no, I actually had to turn on human being mode *must change supermarkets* 😂

Oh well everything was there mustn't grumble.

I like the idea of discussing the darjeeling bosh ☕️😄, just wish I had some interesting gossip-worthy 'tea', sadly no. Thanks about the bites I think I'm ok with the cream you mention as far as I know, although my first aid box/drawer/shelf whatever is a bit random you might not be surprised 😬 I do buy sting/bite cream &c sometimes in an effort to have useful stocks in but then before you know it things have gone out of date. I've been using some aloe vera gel and the odd dab of lavender oil which is good as well. Glad EF are getting on ok and not asking too many difficult dinosaur questions, I liked the Dr Chew pic, yes that's the 3 I know as well 😂. Talking of littleys if LA has any newfound contacts in the hairgrip business then do please let me know if he (or you, or Sleek for that matter who likes a nice hairgrip too I believe), ever sees mini kirby grips for sale about 1" long, there seems to be no such thing anywhere in the world 🤷‍♀️ yet I bought some once so they did exist honest. I can find 10mm long ones for dollies that's about it 😂 why me. Bit cooler today isn't it hope you have a good night and your mum's ok tomorrow too 👋 :) xx

Hope you are ok @sandeelilly after your appointment etc and scary time of things, thinking of you hope things are better 🤞xx

Love to everyone take care xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good evening everyone

Toady (()) I didn’t know about the appointment 7-00 is no good I wouldn’t get the transport that time of night. She’s sending me another one later in the month. I had a delivery man knock on the door with coke and food I said no not me. Have a good night.

Love to everyone

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

oh dear toady

Unnecessary chatter- driver - very irritating- possibly not worth changing supermarkets over though

I’ve been swatting certain male insects on social media and all that rubbish 🏓

Oh dear more irritating than really upsetting of course

Ps bad online pun - not invented by bosh though lol

Goodnight toady Joan etc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 5. Aug 2024, 06:15

Morning Joan 7 o'clock at night far too late not good for transport or you I think. Maybe the food might have been a nice treat though😃 Hope you have a good day today. It's a good bit fresher outside this morning Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Hope you're doing ok and your Mum too? Glad she didn't feel weak yesterday the last thing you need is her being ill bless her.

Glad you got a really good sleep the night before i hope last night was as good. Well done walking I dragged Paul out for a walk!

Now there you go is there such thing as an ice cream face filter? What a funny idea that would be, after all, most small children do it don't they? and one or two adulks BIL!!!!

Won't be too long no before EF are home I bet your Mum is pleased. I do hope your sister managed some rest while she was out there she works so hard with all her boys to look after as well as her work. A bag full of wipes sunscreen and no doubt other supplies always to hand🙄

The Riviera Reading! Love it I expect your sister has booked her first born child (hopefully not the biggest one - BIL) in for a short stay .

Well better get on I am behind today already.

Take care have a good day if you can ((())) xxx

Have I missed Sandee? I think I must have we changed pages again. Sorry Sandee I hope you're ok?

Morning Toady

I am sorry to say i think your bites could be flea bites. Part of the life-cycle of a flea is in the grass and you have been outside a lot lately. You do have a hedgie and they often - well usually have fleas. Best to wear long legs if you can tucked into your socks so you look as odd as possible. Flea bites are the ones which resurrect themselves for me. I rarely get them now as Sleek is on the 3 monthly drops in the past I have been known to be late with the monthly ones. The only other bites which get me like the flea ones are the French mossies gosh they are bad😔

Glad to hear Monty didn't make you leap up and do loads of extra jobs! According to Sleek you were 'kwite bizzy enuf fank yu Mummy'. At least you are ready for any builders….

Oh yes she says van-eel-a is purrfectly acceptable!😽

Shoulder still holding up ok more or less thank you.

Penelope likes being pink bless her very much and the Fig Club have added pink to their official colour list so all good there😊

Right better wake Paul up for work - still very tired post COVID you know a bit of a worry😯

Take care Toady.

• bosh

good morning Toni wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) how are you today. It’s colder again today I’m putting my winter coat on to go for walks on the scooter you make a breeze. Friday my friend is taking me to A I have never been there before. We are going on the bus I haven’t done that either. Have a good day. Sorry about your bites.

Toni (()) I had the box fitted on the wall for the alarm. I still haven’t found my birth certificate they want it to check my age for the TV license. That’s good your shoulder is still happy. Sorry Paul is still poorly (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) take care love to your mum i hope she is well (())

Sandee (()) have a good day how is your cat.

Colin (()) love to you and sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum had low bs but not hypo earlier

She’s got diabetes checkup next week, so she’ll tell nurse

But she’s ok now and has gone out shopping with dad

I’m ok thanks

Just trying to do ablutions etc early before it gets hot

I wrote this poem about Reading and LA

Thanks bye for now Toni tc xx

Poem called “Reading On The Riviera”
    Welcome to Reading
    The perfect destination for an Indian wedding
    Oh no, I’ve jumped the gun
    It’s the best place for a littley to have fun
    Cheddar and blearios for the morning meal
    Chicken nuggets is lunch of the day, not veal
    You can pretend you’ve hurt your tummy and rest watching tv on granny’s bed with millions of pillows
    No one is weeping in this amazing kiddies’ paradise, not even the gloomiest of the willows

• toady
    edited 5. Aug 2024, 17:35

Hi all 👋

Not much doing with me except that the scooter has had an outing (complete with 'Dr Chew' sticker of course 😄), took some things to the charity shop and established that they would be glad of carrier bags too which is v handy to know. As expected, the scooter is absolutely great on nice smooth and level or gently up & down surfaces but no fun on rough ones, or hills, which is most of the route to town. Still, worth it to find out whether I even can do it at all 😬 and what I would & wouldn't look for again if I ever wanted a better one. Trims a bit of time and effort off a trip like that, anyway, and one bonus is I passed an absolutely super front garden frog by going that way (off main road very secluded) where they had built a small A frame type structure, a very Monty hazel-twig type of thing, with 2 beautiful doves perching on it one each side. They had little sunflowers in an unmown border, among other things, I was absolutely taken with it wish they'd been around for me to tell them how much I loved it 😍. Hope all's well with you & garden today, anything interesting? One fresh bite for me, yesterday 😣 yes may well be fleas but I've had cat flea bites and these don't remind me of those, maybe they are hedgehog, or my system has mutated & reacts differently since I last had a fleabite 🤨 I always have jeans tucked into boots, looks like I need yokel style string round the knees as well! Hope Paul gets back to normal slowly but surely, nasty old tiredness as we all know, but early days I guess 🤞. Yes hope Sandee is ok she was worried about her lungs last post 😔. Have a good evening love to all xx

Hello Joan, I expect you have tried reconstructing what you were doing when you last had your birth cert, you said you'd seen it recently did you have other paperwork out for that it might be still with 🤔. Hope you get on ok going shopping on the bus 😊 I don't even know what time they run here now it's been a while. Is it a branch with a cafe. Yes there is a bit more of a chill around out of the sun and it's been breezy today. Have a good evening :) xx

Right, excuse pause for quick rest and a teabreak, back later 👋 xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you today?

Mum had low bs before but she’s seeing the nurse soon, so she’ll tell her about it

She’s better now though 👍

I’m ok 🙏

Have a nice evening tc xx

• toady
    edited 5. Aug 2024, 20:38

Hi again, nice to see another round of tea bosh, don't mind if I do 😀 thank you kitty 😽.

Hope the social media pests are less irritating today, no handy suggestions for that, avoiding the garden wouldn't really help would it 😬 ookey though. Glad your mum went out shopping & hope that was ok, and that her diabetes appointment goes well. Love the poem, that sounds like a top holiday to me, no queues no airports no tourists, well not too many, obviously some will be drawn by the allure of the same attractions 😄. (I don't just mean I like the sound of the hols ofc, the whole thing, the poetry itself the willows &c).Nothing much going on with me this evening at least it's quiet, Edward Strimmerhands has not been around, but 3 doors down have taken up the slack by building themselves a porch most of the day ⚒️🙄 what will he do when he's run out of projects I wonder, there can't be much he hasn't done to the house by now. Yes moving supermarkets only half-joking 😉 partly because I wouldn't mind doing anyway, have become disenchanted with al fresco somewhat, though they are probably all much the same now. But a serial chatter would never do, luckily drivers usually only turn up on rotation so it can be a while, but let's hope so 😬. Have a good evening, are you watching anything interesting these days? :) xx edit: omg an email from a company has just suggested I 'get prepared for the spooky season 🎃', they must be joking!! 😱😱😱

Love to everyone have a good night 😘 xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

Yes I slept well thanks

That’s good that you dragged Paul out for a walk too

There may well be lol, but I’m not going to talk about ice cream at 945 pm Toni 😂

Yes LA will be booked in I’m sure, I hope bill won’t be though, hot sauce and blearios 🤢

Have a good night Toni tc xx

Ps estate agents haven’t changed much lol xx

• bosh

hi toady

Glad the serial chatter is on rotation

Not watching anything too brilliant currently

Mum enjoyed going out but she said she’ll eat something before bed to see if that helps her sugar levels

Ok I am the cracker selection box aisle

So have a good night toady tc xx

Ps Kirk’s sleep hygiene technique lol - his grammar is not quite what it should be though 😂 xx

• bosh

night sandee xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan Have you found your birth certificate? It wasn't where you found Sue's? That is odd. I had to send off for a replacement one of mine it didn't cost too much if that helps? It was really easy didn't cost much a lot less that the price of a TV Licence anyway so ell-worth it. Paul is ok but needs to do his physio better too to help himself. Hope your day is a good one😊 ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee hope you are doing ok? That work isn't too bad and you are getting enough sleep

Morning Reshmi

I hope it helps your Mum eating something before bed like my MIL used to. She just had a weetabix (no sugar) in a little cow's milk before bed to see her through.

Hope you are ok though?

At least your Mum got out to do her shopping I hope your Dad was patient with her and as nice as BB ever can be.

Loved the poem! It's perfect I think we will all now book to visit the Riviera of Reading. (In fact I can organise a day trip in the Figaro for us all at the very minimum!). I am sure a certain somebody has beaten us to it and is ready for his holiday there. Just out of interest is the food like an all-day buffet or just at traditional meal times? and can I book the cold room please I have a scarf if it's very cold.

Kirk up to mischief again in his younger days on the planet matel

Nothing exciting doing today other than a man coming to look at the motorhome fridge-freezer….

Thanks for the porridge it looked lovely.

Hope your day is a good one ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

I did not get outside at all because i had to visit my widowed friend then my sister who has a friend visiting then it was practically dinnertime so had to get on with it.

Well done you getting oot on Dr Chew! Love it I am very impressed and think you'll do well on it. You can carry more on your return journey and nose at more people's gardens too😉That garden you spotted sounds lovely and you can go again and one day get your chance to compliment the gardener.

Of course charity shops need carrier bags I never thought of that! They are then reused👍️ We need them at the foodbank too when people come for supplies they very often don't have a bag so i ought to have thought.

I have workhardo coming today Toad they take their bags back and give you 10p back on each bag. The other place i go to 'in real life' is Daz-da which I actually quite like although they don't do all that I need including my vegan marge.

Just thought if the bites are not much higher than your knees (or waist for kneeling gardening) they are probably fleas they are evil bites incredibly itchy. Yes probably Hedgie ones. I use anthisan cream on them. It does help a bit and sometimes if gardening later on into the evening spray that vile green stuff on even before i go outside.

Right better get on I have a man coming luckily to go inside the motorhome not the hoose! The fridge isn't always working.

Take care now!

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I have care line now they don’t come out they phone your friends and they come to see you. and I have a key safe. I hope you have a good day. My delivery is coming today he brings it in side for me.

Toni (()) I hope the man can fix your fridge/ freezer. Sorry Paul is having trouble with is physio it can be difficult how much you do. About the tv license they are happy me sending the paper with my tablets on that has my date of birth on it. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry your mum (()) had a hypo I hope it didn’t last long. Take care both

Sandee (()) how are you feeling now

Colin (()) love to you and Sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum is ok today thank goodness 👍👍

The toast at night helped her 🙏

I’m ok thanks Toni

Just a bit behind myself today too

Ok well - overdue ablutions time lol

More later

Have a nice afternoon Toni tc xx

Ps Bill advertising pizza as well as scoffing it 😂 xx

• toady
    edited 6. Aug 2024, 15:41

Hi all 👋

Nice day but that heavy rain & thunder in the early hours was a bit of a shocker, was it just me that had it? 🤔 Hope your fridgeman came at the right time frog and did the trick, if it's on & off sounded a bit loose connection or something maybe. Thanks about the scooter I think my technique leaves a bit to be desired but that will be partly lack of a really good practice stretch of ground, I don't think I'll go down to the kids skate park and start going up the curved concrete thingys 😄. Something that surprised me is that as you're supposed to stand with a bent leg I thought that would be ideal for my knees, but actually I find I want to straighten mine, which is all wrong especially as the other one needs to reach the ground obvs. Yes will go back past the nice garden it really was like a lovely little sudden mirage 😊. Sorry you didn't get outdoors yesterday. I had one nice surprise, my geum I transplanted because it looked so unhappy where it was is sending up new shoots, I really thought it had bitten the dust 😀. Hope you get more free time soon, and that workhardo came & went ok. That's good they take the bags, I will be glad to get rid of my miceland ones, they are quick thick sturdy ones & they stack up quickly over a few shops. Al fresco don't use them. My main 'can't get elsewhere' thing is their soya 'milk' I like it better than brands and it's only 50odd pence, no-one seems to do a near-enough similar one. Hope you had a nice visit with Kari, how is the running? 😊 Hope everyone well, have a good rest of day :) xx

Hello Joan, that sounds like a good happy medium system with the careline and the keysafe system 👍️. Hope your shopping was all there, does your delivery man tend to be a different one or often the same few round in turn. Did you find out who the coke & food were actually for, that the person tried to bring? Van drivers for supermarkets is maybe not a bad job but those motorcycle couriers etc I always think that can't be much fun and you are quite vulnerable really. Have a good afternoon it was heavy rain overnight here but you'd never know today it's dried up & sunny, just a bit blowy. xx

Wave to bosh and catch up with you later 😂😊 did you not go to group today 🤔 hope everyone as well as poss and you are not too far down the cracker aisle and well away from feeling oatcaked 😱 :) xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

How are you this evening?

Yes mum enjoyed the shopping thanks

Dad is never nice or patient but at least he condescended to drive 🙄

Just one funny thing before I forget

Mum spoke to EF this morning, not sure whether it was audio or video, but she tried to ask sis if everything was ok, but before she could reply, motorhome LA, sorry motormouth LA said, “Everything is fine, apart from that BR punched me”, lol, he didn’t mention however that it was a self - defence punch, as he’d punched his little brother first ooks 😱

Nice Kirk pic 👍

Sorry I’m getting tired now

Have a good evening/ night Toni tc xx

👋 toady

How are you?

No I didn’t hear thunder etc but I was asleep at that time

Group is tomorrow

I’m planning on going

Sorry need to go before the snoring hour - or something like that

Good night toady tc xx

👋 greetings Joan hope you’re well?
    good night tc

👋sandee too xx

ps not sure what this pic is about - maybe DV looking for the cold room lol xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan Hope you're well today. I am glad they are happy to take the Dr's date of birth on your prescription as proof of age for your TV licence. Are you going to keep looking for your birth certificate?

They didn't turn up to fix the fridge freezer🙄 Honestly! Not sure why but no sign of them maybe I got the day wrong and it's today? Well hope they don't come while I'm at the foodbank. Unfortunately Paul isn't doing his physio he is not giving it priority because he forgets unless I remind him.

Take care ((())) xxx

A quick hello to Sandee hoping you are well and work is not too taxing. I also hope the family are ok. How is your driving going on? ((()))

Morning Reshmi

Hope you are well. Good news your Mum's toast did the job I hope she can force some down every night she may solve the problem permanently then which would be so good for her and you too I know you worry.

Group today for you? Hopefully not too warm if you go early it's nice and fresh outside ATM.

Oh dear young LA🤨 tut tut! Trying to get in first and blame BR for the fighting!!! Good job your sister was there to set the record straight. To be fair though I expect you all would have suspected the truth anyway. BR doesn't seem the type to attack anyone for no reason.

Well yes I suppose at least your Dad did drive your Mum to the shops. Be better still if he was nicer about it. Sometimes you two must feel like treading on eggshells.

Well foodbank for me today hopefully not too busy, but of course the children are off school so there won't be free school meals for them.

Have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Oh yes! I hadn't thought about bending the knee to push off on the scooter🤔 I'm sure you'll get strnger the more you use it though. My bike is the same I am pretty sure it doesn't help my shoulder really but i love doing it and it helps my legs and lungs so what can we do? Oh and my mental health too it helps that.

Well done little geum I am so proud of you😊 All seems well in Frog's garden ATM too although most bedding plants are/have gone over now.

We were at the hospital last night as my stepdaughter's grandad is very very poorly in SSCU. It's where my friend's wife was so not good to be back, but let's hope he does ok. He has a lot going against him unfortunately, but they are doing their best for him.

Miceland do a good soya milk do they? I didn't know that. I will try it. Is it fresh or UHT? I use UHT ATM and oddly get mine from Workhardo in large quantities so I don't have to carry it home. Carrier bags are so annoying aren't they? Is there are co-op near you within scootering distance? Because they sometimes have carrier bag/soft plastics recycling there.

No-one showed up to fix the fridge I hope maybe i got the wrong day….I don't think I did though🙄

Anyway l hope you have a really god day I think it will be nice out there.

• bosh

morning Toni

How are you?

Wppl xx

Ps Bill is doing some research 😂xx