Val's Cafe

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I can just see you at the skate park going up and down the slopes. No I never found out about the coke and food it has happened before most things are for the main road we are in a little side road. That’s good your Geum enjoy’s where he is now. No it’s a different delivery man every time. I never had any rain last or thunder. Have a good day.

Toni (()) sorry your man didn’t come I hope he makes another appointment to come. I wish all the best to Tia’s granddad (()) yes I will carry on looking for my birth certificate it has to be somewhere. Yes it’s hard for a man to remember his physio. Have a good day. I still text Barbara she’s had a problem with her phone. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) take care both of you.

Sandee I hope all is going well for you

Colin (()) love to you and Sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Morning all 👋 quick early hello, have a good walk to group (if you are walking) bosh, sorry I keep mixing the day up, the cafe is already littered with me saying oh yes wednesday mustn't forget again 😳. Anyway I have an aide-memoire now, it's 'We = a group of people, and We is for Wednesday' 😁👍. See you later :) xx

Not a no-show fridge man after all frog 🙄 well I do hope they don't turn up randomly if it isn't their day today. Hope food bank is ok too. No plans here today just some pottering might clip a few things back in the garden. Sad when it comes to things finishing and needing to be dealt with, the lavender will need pruning any minute now too 😱. It's al fresco's cheap soya drink sorry, well it's under another name 'something harvest' but still theirs; their branded own one is more like 1.25 it's good too as far as I remember but this one I have mainly because the taste in tea is not strong. No co-op any more they closed it 😣🙄 I take my soft plastic to al fresco but I'm never sure about thick carrier bags 🤔 miceland's just say 'use til worn out & we'll replace' etc on them - suppose I should find out. Have a good day and kiss for Sleek 😽. So sorry about your stepdaughter's GF, oh dear, very best wishes to everyone 😔. xx

Have a good day Joan will probably pop in again later for tea 👋 :) xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Yes mum’s snack at night seems to be working so far thankfully 👍👍

Her bs was normal today

I’m ok thanks

Went to group and showered

Just a bit tired now

EF are on their way home about now I think

I saw a pic of the littleys on the plane watching cartoons in a state of rapture lol

Cold room wasn’t cold yesterday though ookey 😱

Ok I don’t want to face - plant the why? - pad

So bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps just a pic I found of Scottish black bun cake apparently xx

• toady
    edited 7. Aug 2024, 16:42

Hello Joan, sorry I didn't realize you'd already been in earlier & I missed you by a few mins. Yes I think we'd all know about it if I started going to the skate park I would probably make the main news, and not in a good way 😬😂. Quite chilly now today I think, really not that nice 😔 what with the wind as well. Drop of rain later apparently but not much, weather all over the place this week it says - 27 degrees on Sunday down to 18 by Thurs, ugh. Hope we get some more nice days yet 🤞. The ice cream van is going round they must think it's hot enough. Glad you've heard from Barbara 👍️ have a good evening :) xx

See you later bosh glad EF ok :) xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

The group was nice thanks

I spoke to Tina, a nice lady, a bit older than me, whose mother was not well at all, but she’s better now

I was a bit later than usual so luckily no encounter with nasty M

Not near enough RR to hear any gossip though lol

Had a tuna sandwich from the town centre cafe which I rarely have, it was very nice

relatively fresh weather at least for part of the time thanks

Eggshells, broken glass, hot coal- yes very much indeed

Hope the food bank wasn’t too busy.
    Have a good night Toni tc xx

Ps weather app idea lol xx

• bosh

👋 Joan

How are you?

Mum and I are ok thanks

Glad you heard from Barbara, I like Barbara- nice lady

Have a good night tc xx

• bosh

hi young at heart toady

How are things?

Don’t worry I mix things up all the time lol

I like the aide memoire

Thanks about EF

I’m afraid I am a whole al fresco branch stuffed with cream crackers

I had a naughty amount of chocolate today

But did avoid the dentist’s favourite beverage of hot chocolate- today at least lol

Do you like chai tea lattes? Vegan or otherwise?

mum is ok today 👍

Have a good night toady

I found you a hand bag

Make sure the nosey neighbours go to bed before the curtain- twitching hour if possible lol tc xx

• toady
    edited 7. Aug 2024, 21:49

'Night bosh, sleep well 😴 and less crackered-ness tomorrow I hope, & have a good day. Funny you should mention the curtain-twitching hour 😣 the neighbours, well the empty house owners technically, were in & out 3 times today 😱 twice for only 5 mins at a time, in one car, then for a while longer in another - as you can see, it was me doing the twitching 😂 sadly no eavesdropping but trust me I tried.

Thank you for the bag I have just been having fun researching it 😂 lots of interesting things about it, glow eyes, comes in other colours, & you can buy it accessories even little hats you know how fond I am of hats 😉 and a little snail friend etc. Three figure price tag though might have to wait til my 'ship comes in' 😁.

Glad you had a nice sandwich etc. as well as the naughty chocolate. Chai tea, well I bought a tub of a chai drink one time I'm not sure what exactly but I didn't like it too much, not sure what about it though 🤔 should give it another go maybe.

Bye for now 👋 (btw I appreciate the 'young at heart' if I haven't said so before, one tries 😁) xx

Night all 😘 tea anytime xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792

Morning Joan how are you doing today? That birth certificate must be somewhere. Guess what? I am doing ancestry dna thingy. I've sent the kit off so we'll see what comes back shall we? Paul is pretty bad at remembering anything except work stuff so physio stands no chance! Tia's Grandad seems a good bit better he had sepsis. Will try to get to see him today if Tia can go. How annoying for Barbara that her phone is playing up. Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning to Sandee. I do hope you are ok Sandee not flaring or being ill-treated at work. I am also thinking of your daughter and son in law hoping all is well there and healing nicely. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am so glad to hear your Mum is doing better with a bedtime snack keeping her sugars at a safer level😊 Hope you are doing ok though?

I rather think (honestly!) that BIL ought to have done his parenting reading a few years back🤣 he's obviously been winging it up to now!

I rather like the idea of Scottish black bun cake never heard of it though till now. I will ask my sister about it she lived up there for 30 odd years.

Aww EF will maybe be home by now bless the boys watching cartoons on the plane. Such a good idea having TVs for small children. they will all be exhausted though. Will you/they perhaps see each other this weekend maybe?

I love the weather app for people with social anxiety! Would help no end😁

Darn it no RR gossip but on the plus side no nasty M which is probably more important. Nice to have met the lady called Tina she sounded friendly enough. I hope the group helped her I'm sure you yourself did of course.

Well have a good day it looks nice enough for a walk early. Outside in the fresh air no egg shells or not coals😊

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

I hope all is well at Toad's. I can see you now with that fabulous bag swinging from the handlebars of your scooter🙂 I googled it too just like you all those accessories!!!

Decades ago I had a Frog T shirt the frog was rubber and you could put your hand inside the T shirt and make his mouth move. I used to make him sing 'Unfrog-etable that's what you are'🎶 unfortunately the rubber sort of perished went all sticky and I don't know where it is now😒

I started pruning my cat mint and yes some of the lavender too yesterday afternoon Toad what a coincidence! I think i might also do a leaf chop on my tomato plants so they get as much sun as possible what do you think? Is it too early yet?

Might even plants some kale and chard. Not too late for them at all.

Have you tried alpro's 'my cuppa' honestly it's like cow's milk in tea. Problem is it's expensive and not UHT so doesn't last. I only buy it for special visitors. Worth a try though just once. I rather like the sound of the miceland soya milk though. Good price for definite. I think you can put all soft plastics no matter how thick they are for recycling♻

Still no sign at all of fridge fixers😓 maybe it was next Tuesday not this Tuesday and I got it wrong???? If they don't come then or ring I will look elsewhere.

Well have a good day see you in the garden😊 Sleek is coming over to help you trim the lavender apparently.

Breakfast anyone?

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I have my Thermal vest on. The washing dried on the line yesterday. I read where all the oots shops are closing. Have a good day.

Toni (()) that’s good Tia’s grand dad is feeling a bit better. When I find my birth certificate I will say yes I remember putting it there. It’s not where I’ve kept it for years it’s not where I was going to put it. It’s between the two. I hope the man coming to look at the fridge soon comes it’s not nice when you don’t know when they’re coming. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I saw your photo on book yesterday you looked lovely. Love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day are you getting on alright.

Colin (()) love to you and Sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mums bs is ok

But not a brilliant day so far

About to do mxt

Bye for now tc xx

• bosh

hi Toni

No need to worry,

Nothing extreme is wrong

But mum is the most horrific mood

It’s of course not her blood sugar

She won’t say what’s wrong

Even right at this moment she is exploding

I asked her if she’s feeling unwell, she said no, but she might be hiding some illness

But rest assured everything is my fault

it wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t mxt day

I didn’t get enough rest after mxt

But I did inject it properly this time,

Although I was stressed out

This is a poem I wrote yesterday morning

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Poem called “Waking with the birds, without being stampeded by the herds”
    Morning - a sacred time
    When I make tea with lemon, but never with lime
    When the silence is complete
    It’s pindrop in fact
    I make something healthy to eat
    Write down my thoughts in an extensive form, not compact
    There’s a freshness in the air
    An enjoyable chill
    No family members with tempers that flare
    I feel contentment without taking a pill

Ps Bill is preparing dinner lol xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Thanks about my fb pic

Mum is in a mood but otherwise ok

Goodnight Joan tc xx

👋 toady

How are you?

Mxt and Mum Vesuvius have got the better of me today unfortunately

How are the phantom neighbours?

Don’t twitch those curtains tonight lol.

Good night toady tc xx

• toady

Hi all, routine rheum appt for me tomorrow and have not exactly spent the day wisely resting & preparing 😬 so am off to bed a bit frayed, see you all tomorrow, take care send me a little sunshine if you can 🌞 xx

Phantom neighbours have indeed been around bosh contributing to my frayedness, I fear they may be not phantom enough for my liking 😱. Sorry not the best day for you one way & another hope tomorrow's better 🤞xx

Night all see you soon 😘 xx

• frogmorton

Morning All!

Morning Joan - oh yes exactly! That certificate will turn up now when you don't need it so urgently. I also put my vest back on yesterday because I am NOT putting the heating on yet I refuse. No sign of the fridge man but the man who cleans the outside of the motorhome came and it's gleaming!😊 Poor Paul got trapped at his job in London as it was tricky so I was on my won with Sleek. He'll be back later all being well. I visited my lovely neighbours yesterday it's her birthday today so I wanted to drop off a little something ready. I hope your day is a good one ((())) xxx

A quick good morning to Sandee. I do hope everything is ok and you are not too frazzled with work or feeling rough. Still it is Friday so you can hopefully rest a bit soon. Sending ((()))

Morning Reshmi Hope the MTX jab went ok and you are not too 'hung over' today.

I am so sorry yesterday your Mum wasn't in a good mood. I am sure it was nothing whatsoever to do with you. Probably your Dad had a go at her when you didn't hear him. Glad to hear her BS was ok at least the extra snack seems to have sorted one problem out.

Will they go to see EF this weekend if so maybe you will get a couple of hours peace to yourself. I suspect they might as they will have missed the boys a lot. If so make the most of it Reshmi.

Love the poem it actually sums up how I feel when I am alone and peace reigns first thing. All I can hear are the birds outside isn't it bliss? Wish I could write a poem like that but it doesn't matter - I have you to do it for me!😍

Oh dear me BIL is a bear now eating people in tents🤭

Morning Toady

Sleek is ready for the appt today. I hope you invited her? She was hoping you'd have a Frog/toad bag, but is happy to get in any sort of bag. Watch her though - her tail often pops out! I will be thinking of you sure it will go well as long as you and they are happy. Don't let them weigh you Toad!

It rained all day yesterday unfortunately but the good old motorhome people came and cleaned the motorhome in the rain. It looks lovely which is fine by me _ am happy to share some with you. Still no sign of fridge people. I wonder if I got the wrong week and it's actually next Tuesday afternoon🤔 If they don't turn up then I will ring another company.

Today it will be a nice day it's my lovely neighbour's birthday. I will be outside as much as possible although i think there is something I need to do…?

Hope all is quiet next door. Still you have done a lot of prep there in-case things do not remain quiet. Sleek plans to sing🎶 loudly if they move in!

Take care and good luck!

• bosh

good morning Toni wppl xx

Ps Nasty M and her pals hit the supermarket xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

I hope you all I’m going with my friend to A Wall I haven’t been on a bus before it’s a day out. It’s my birthday I can’t believe I’m having it on my own.

Toady (()) good luck with your Rheumatology appointment. I hope your neighbour not moving in yet.

Toni I’m sorry Paul got locked in. Happy birthday to your lovely neighbour love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day don’t worry love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day

Colin (()) have a good day and sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

happy birthday Joan

Sorry this is a difficult time for you

I’m very tired after mxt

Will post later tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

How are you?

Mums bs was low unfortunately this morning

She’s ok now though

So is her mood

I think mum got angry because dad doesn’t want them to go on holiday so he can do some stupid tasks for the cultural society

Mxt - wise I’m feeling better after walk and sleep thanks

But it is definitely ablutions time

More later

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps Bill’s healthy sandwich recipe lol xx

• frogmorton
    edited 9. Aug 2024, 15:21

Aww Joan😓 Your first birthday without Sue what a very upsetting milestone. It's come so soon ((()))

I do hope the day out with your friend has helped a bit

sending love

xxxxxx

• frogmorton

Afternoon Reshmi

I hope you feel back to normal after a good sleep tonight.

I bet your Mum wanted to go away of course she does bless her and mean old BB wants to stay at home for functions which probably happen quite often🙄

Glad that she's ok sorry about the bs this morning being a bit low.

That was funny nasty M shopping🛒😁

Not so sure about BIL's BLT!! Honestly how much bacon can one man eat?😃

Take care ((()))

• bosh
    edited 9. Aug 2024, 17:56

Hi Toni

Good evening

You’re right there about mum wanting to go on holiday

Yes dad is obsessed with these society functions and all this rubbish

He acts like the society can’t operate without him when actually they’re are a lot of people involved- I tell him he’s not a surgeon on call “ 24 - 7” saving lives or whatever- that pesky BB.

Maybe they will go on holiday for a short break, I hope so, poor mum, she doesn’t ask for much

And as she kindly said, if they do go, I’ll have a break or rest too, I forced to see EF in MH, which wouldn’t necessarily be bad (weather permitting) as long as my stomach’s non - ookey

On the subject of my stomach, it really wasn’t too good yesterday- I think it was the stress.

Today I thought it had more or less healed, by afternoon it became a bit ookey again, although still better than last night, oh well these things are sent to try us and so on, is your stomach ok now?

I’m not sure what’s happening about the next visit to EF but it’s a certain mima’s birthday this month ( though not quite yet) so no doubt LA and BR are already practicing eating chocolate cake, it takes skill and self - discipline- I’ve heard they’ve just had the bare minimum portion of breakfast blearios for days, blearios and water in fact, not even Goya milk, as the artists like to call it lol, but yes I will make the most of any precious solitude👍

Thanks about the poem, yes nice to hear the birds, less nice to hear the cats screeching, which sometimes happens, no offence, lol.

Yes bill is eating everything and everyone in sight it seems lol.

thanks about mums bs

Im actually not feeling too bad right now thanks, backs aching a bit but that happens sometimes

Thanks about nasty M’s pic lol

I think that’s a light snack for bill, the equivalent of one witch- tea biccie

Ok I’ll stop for now

Bye Toni tc xx

• dachshund

Thank you Toni and Reshmi I went in M and S and A and a carvery the Shops were so big.all I bought was a bottle of milk shake and a pack of cracker bread..

I hope everyone had a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi toady

How was the rheumo appointment?

Those evil phantom neighbours

I read something about a woman who gulped down tea, Betley admittedly, not earl grey, to avoid insulting friends, neighbours and acquaintances!
    only problem is that would mean a lot of extra tea bag - related expenses, we may have to “borrow” Bill’s golden coffee cup and sell it on nosegay - you can use hairpins as arrows if we need some military defence - if you can pry them away from LA that is 🤷‍♀️

Have a good night toady tc xx

👋 night sandee tc xx

ps the phantom neighbour is pouring the tea - ookey