• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

hi all

Just a final bill - pic of the day
    bill is happy with his body - just don’t mention salad lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 12. Aug 2024, 22:28

'night all, just a quick line, was picking in the last of my washing quite late and then heard scufflings so was waylaid by hedgehog watch for ages 🦔 you were quite right frog, there are little ones about 😍 three at least! They were on all sides it seemed at one point! Too tired to chuck a coherent post together tonight now but details tomorrow and hopefully a pic. Do hope they'll be ok, have left water at all sorts of places but will have to make a point of not feeding the birds on the ground unfortunately for a while as their diets will clash. Proper post tomorrow, hope all's well, yes snap rain here overnight and I was just as cross having watered religiously like yourself, and left stuff out because I trusted it like a fool to be bone dry overnight. Certainly warm today but I could live with this 365 at a pinch, well a good chunk out of the 365, to never be too cold. Glad your bro saw the perseids 🌠 😀. Have a good night :) xx

Hello Joan, have been watching all the little hedgehogs this evening, I was just saying 😀. Yes the lavender is lovely I always feel I should be doing something with it but you could only use so much really. Stuff pillows or something I suppose! I was looking at some cushions today and I didn't know they still used feathers 😮 I suppose they do for pillows but I wasn't expecting it somehow. Thanks for telling about your appointment 👍️. I still have meringues left they were the brittle ones not the chewy sort, I like those too - the good thing is they keep so no hurry to use them. Did you see the lady that was overcharged £533 for 2 peppers on her online A**a shops and it made her overdrawn 😬 glad I've never had a bill like that! Have a good night :) xx

Hi bosh, glad your mum is feeling better that's good news 👍️ and probably will help moving her appt. I like BRs little medley of songs 😄. Love the lego shark as well that's exactly the face 😱 did you happen to see that a rare lego shark did turn up a couple of days ago from all the lego that was lost at sea once, so I bet that was the exact bit your shark stepped on! That would be ironic. No, no sign of the elusive hairgrips 🤷‍♀️ someone must make them, everywhere seems to think 2 inches is 'little' 🙄 I use large hairclips for the actually hair holding purposes but I like little ones for keeping odd bits in that don't behave and don't need them to be visible. I will continue on my moby dick type quest. Good ghost family 😂. Take care and catch up tomorrow with the stuff I haven't replied to 👋.

Love to all, do hope @sandeelilly is ok and the weather is not too much where @Arthritic_Adventures is. xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 13. Aug 2024, 10:41

Morning Joan I'm so glad the MRI appt is Thursday soon you'll know exactly what is going on. My friend has gone to her caravan for a while with the dogs she felt like she needed a break thanks for asking after her. What can you do about the birth certificate? Oh dear if it doesn't turn up you can always get a replacement as you know I had to for our marriage certificate. It will probably turn up then one day somewhere stupid!

Have a good day it's still very hot ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you? I hope you don't catch your poor mum's virus (I presume that's what it is) glad she is on the mend though. She was very considerate rearranging her diabetes checkup - some people would have taken it off and spread it all round the surgery.

How sweet is BR singing a 'get well' song to his Granny🤗 he knows quite a few songs now doesn't he? Erm yes LA is the cheeky monkey in the family we do all know that.

Wasn't it hot yesterday?! Phew!!! Glad you got in the cold room and your booking was honoured. Very bad of your Dad to feign illness just to selfishly be cool! Don't worry too much about me I have a dyson fan which I love when it's too hot. I also work on keeping the bungalow coolish all day by shutting windows when it's warmer outside than in and curtains when the sun come son the windows. Right now every window in the house is open. A cool room though would be bliss…..

Oh I am glad to see BIL standing while cooking at least he is getting some exercise as you said😁 Dread to think how much food will go on that BBQ though😂

A yes a lovely pic of one of Sleek's pusskin friends she said it was Ginger apparently they pay her in tuna with a herring 'bone-us' at Christmas.😉

Take care and do your best to stay cool. ((())) xxx

Morning Toady I hope you are well this very warm day?

I am ok the ceiling in the bathroom is being repainted today (after the leak and replastering) so there will be men. Maybe even the motorhome fridge men too? Who knows?😣

Oh wow wow wow!!! Imagine that seeing a whole family of Hedgies so your Hedgie was female like we suspected. She was out foraging probably when you spotted her before❤️ No wonder you spent ages watching I bet you were transfixed there! Pics would be wonderful if you got any. Yes water everywhere and Sleek's cat food can be helpful too when it's this hot.

I tried to see the Perseids or even the Northern lights when I went to the loo at 2am here last night. It was clear the sky but i failed unfortunately. There I am on the ring doorbell in my nightie😳. Sleek was most concerned!

No rain here overnight typical as I didn't water😕 will check on everything soon.

Take care have a good day and yes enjoy this weather. We would adjust I'm sure if we had it 365 days of the year☺️

Love to Sandee hope all is well with you and the family. That work isn't too exhausting and Den's veggies are growing for him 😊

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Lavender can relax you and help you have a good night’s sleep. I’ve been having some cherries and blueberries and a plum and an orange in the evening. Have a good day

Toni (()) I hope all your people turn up to do their jobs today. How is Tia’s granddad getting on (()) that’s nice for your friend to go to her caravan (()) my friend is having problems getting her cat to eat she is 15 so the lady from the kennels where she came from thinks. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) love to Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend(()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day. I hope your mum (()) feels better today (()) take care both of you

Sandee (()) have a good day. I hope your work is easier for you.

I miss Skinny Keef and Sucr’e and Charlestown

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton

Oh dear Joan same age as Sleek. Maybe the cat needs her teeth done? If not they apparently lose their sense of smell as they get older so I went onto smellier food. Cat tuna that works for me and I mix it up with a bit of water so it's sloppier to eat. Don't know if that might help? ((())) xxx

• bosh
    edited 13. Aug 2024, 10:03

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

Ps enjoy your cake party lol xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mums bs was ok 👍

Regarding the flu / virus She’s feeling a bit better thanks

I didn’t sleep enough and walked too much

But am feeling better now thanks

Good about your fan

Yes BR knows many songs and also did a ‘get well dance” that we couldn’t see - aww ❤️

I’d better go and do the ablutions while BB is sleeping, secret ablution - related mission lol 🤐

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

That’s good that you’re eating plenty of fruit

Mums a bit better 👍

I’m ok thanks

Have a good night tc xx

• bosh

hi toady

Lego shark steps on Lego shark, ironic indeed

You could almost write a French classical novel about it lol

BR somehow took a selfie of himself with his mummy’s phone

It’s expertly taken though,

So he’s professional photographer as well as junior opera singer of course

Now toady if you have a bit too much earl grey it may give you the aristocratic courage to indulge in some very loud opera singing of your own and scare those phantom neighbours so much that they’ll emigrate to cabbage land!
    It’s not the worst of ideas lol

Have a good night toady tc xx

• toady

Night all 😴 the tiredness got me the 2nd half of today, see you all tomorrow - not too much overnight rain I hope - have a good night 😘 xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan I think it's good my friend can get to the caravan to have a break. Tia's Grandad is doing better they just need to wean him off the oxygen and he can go onto a normal ward not the special care one. Hope you have a good day not too long now for the MRI what time is it? ((())) xxx

PS fridge man came to teh motorhome and guess what? That bloomin thing worked🙄

Morning Reshmi

How are you feeling today? A bit better overnight wasn't it just cooling the house down now hopefully it will stay cool.

Is your Mum back to normal now after that flu virus she had I hope so.

How sweet BR doing a get well dance too on the phone. He'll remember feeling poorly it wasn't so long ago he was pretty rough himself. Already he has empathy that is a really good trait in a small boy.🤗

You got a great photo of my hair when did you take it🤣🤣🤣

Sent some children to help you do your top secret ablution mission

They know how highly sensitive the it is - I told them.

Bathroom ceiling was fixed yesterday and also the man came to look at the motorhome fridge - which decide to pick yesterday to work😣

Hope it's not raining and you get to group I honestly think you deserve some time out today.

take care ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

i do hope your energy levels are a bit better today. It's cooler if that helps well ATM anyway.

Just in case I've left you an energy potion to be going on with.

The fridge man came I had got the wrong week but the darn thing decided to prove me a liar and work for him!!! Typical!🙄

Still bathroom ceiling is now repainted after it's issues with the leaking pipe so that was one success.

Went to see Tia's Grandad who is on the mend just got to get off the oxygen.

My Grandogs came to play in the garden.

That was about it for me I think.

Take care Toad Sleek is on her way wants to sit and watch some TV she has brought some chocolate fingers with her.

A quick wave to Sandee hope all is well👋

• bosh

good morning Toni wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I hope you feel better today. We had rain last night and it’s on and off today. Have a good day.

Toni (()) Thank you for helping Sadie my friends cat. my appointment tomorrow is 9-20 I’m being picked up at 9-00 That’s good the men came. So he couldn’t find out what was wrong with the fridge has it decided to work. That’s good Tia’s granddad can go into a more relaxed ward. I have ordered another birth certificate. We have rain have a good day love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) enjoy it if you go out. Love to your mum (()) is she better now.

Sandee (()) I hope all is well there.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 14. Aug 2024, 16:55

Hi all

A touch more energy today, ta for the potion frog, could do with a bit more, I might sneakily have a double dose, at my own risk 😉 Sleek is here but we are not watching tv now because there are people next door and she is too busy pressing a glass to the wall for me 😱 well my neck won't permit 😂. They could've picked a better day but if they are really the new or potential new folks there will soon be no better days 🙄. Glad the ceiling is sorted but oh blah to the fridge, well it would, wouldn't it.. 😒 'not working, who, me?' innocent face. Little blighter 😣 poor you, what now? Hope everything else going ok today. Glad Tia's grandad is hopefully poised to come off the oxygen that does sound like a heartening turn of events 👍️. Not much else happening here, it's drizzling on & off but might get out later I suppose if it holds off, haven't forgotten hedgehog pic will fish it off the camera and post it at some point. I'll try and pick them up a few cat bics but I think my days of forking something's kidney & lord knows what out of a tin are behind me, no offence Sleek, just can't quite bring myself. I forgot to ask, did you enjoy the little birdies' google olympics, they were the best well the only good bit, loved the gymnastics on the windowsill with watching cat, and the chimneypot podiums at the end. Have a good evening I am going back to the curtain-twitching see what I can glean 😬.

Hello Joan, yes I've picked up a bit today thanks, it was a bit of a tiring week I suppose but I never understand why I can feel ok straight after a busy few days but then it gets me after that 🤷‍♀️ makes it very hard to plan things. Yes rain last night too it promised heavy but luckily it wasn't that bad in the end. I like all the fruit you have 😊 some of my favourites, apricots too but they can be hit & miss best if you can choose your own. Plums are lovely I used to buy cookers too to have stewed from al fresco they were very reasonable but have gone up lately, everything has I suppose. Thinking of you for your appointment tomorrow hope all goes well 👍️ :) xx

Hi bosh, I have genuinely considered anti-neighbour opera 😂😂😂 well through a loudspeaker not me singing, though I could keep that as a last resort. The only trouble is I'm not that keen on it either, wonder if there's a way I could pipe it next door & not hear it myself 🤔. If only they would just be a silent spectral presence like your ghost family, but are there any quiet people any more, front doors car doors whatever if it can be slammed, no-one closes anything gently or walks around & talks quietly, can't understand it personally. Whatever next, laughing out loud? 🤨. Hope your day is ok and it was a bit cooler for group 👍️. Hope your mum is feeling better too? How is the morning R Brek going? it's a bit too wintry associated for me at the moment it's mostly yogurt and something or other with that whatever is in the house but its day will come 😬. I loved 'witch tea bics' 😂 have just opened a new pack and felt the recipe had changed so I always go and read reviews then & see if other people say so, half did, half said they were every bit as good as mckitties, I seriously doubt anyone could honestly say that & mean it, hmm, rather suspicious. Sorry I made rather a blunder with a tshirt for hosp on formality Friday 😬 oops, yes it really should have been something more decorous 😳 what was I thinking. Point taken 😄. Have a good evening 👋 :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you this evening?

Sorry I didn’t post properly today

Nothing is especially wrong

It’s just that I’ve been feeling really tired most of the day

Only just “recovered” from the fatigue really

Mums bs was ok 👍

But she still has flu - ish symptoms, even though they’re gradually improving thanks

She has however thankfully tested negative for covid 👍👍

I did go to group but my stomach was really bad last night so it wasn’t as pleasant an experience as it could have been, basically I gulped down some water, went to “Cahoots” and that was more or less it

I resisted all the delicious food around me but it wasn’t easy

After I came home I did eat a little bit more normally

But I’m not sure yet whether the stomach - gods are pleased or not

I talked to lady on crutches who comes to the group sometimes

I told her one of the LA - related stories- she was very moved, bless her.

Before I left the house dad decided to hoover the hall and stairs, just to annoy me and delay my leaving the house and in the process I lost one of my favourite earrings 😡

That BB quite the character

I don’t think I mentioned this to you but BR somehow managed to take a selfie of himself on his mummy’s phone! It was very expertly taken lol, what an excellent little photographer in the making aww.

Yes house was cooler overnight true, thank goodness

Yes BR is very empathetic that’s true

I have secret cameras and recording devices all over your house Toni - absolutely true lol.

Thanks for the kids helping with the secret mission

Glad about the bathroom ceiling and the fridge

It was raining a bit, not too badly though, also not constantly.

I was reading this book that suggested that if we want to insult the vampire nurse or someone like that, just gulp down some earl grey instead lol, only problem is, I will need a bear - sized thermos of the stuff each time I go to the docs’ surgery lol, toady can be in charge of carrying it for me, she can use the opportunity to work on her biceps lol

Ok Toni have a great evening and take care xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Mum is getting better thanks 🙏

I went out but my stomach wasn’t feeling great so I just popped out quickly thanks

Have a good night Joan tc xx

👋 greetings toady

sort of a bit busy so won’t repeat too much

But I will forgive you for transgressing formality Friday regulations lol

Went out but stomach wasn’t ok so I had water and watched people ate cakes 🤢

Didn’t stay out for long

Then got absolutely shattered

But felt better after a nap and had energy burst at 6 pm haha

R Brek is running low actually so I too may have to resort to yoghurt and snails, sorry the eggs of quails, like your good self, only joking of course

Enjoy your enchanted biscuits and have a good night toady tc xx

Ps a bit of Matisse xx

• frogmorton
    edited 15. Aug 2024, 06:41

Morning Joan good luck for today all going smoothly. I hope they can find out what is causing your pain but far more importantly that they can do something to help. It better not pretend to be aright like the fridge in the motorhome did! Take care Joan thinking of you fingers crossed🤞 (well done ordering a new birth cert) ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Your poor Mum sounds rough still gosh nasty nasty flu virus. Glad it's not COVID of course.

Sorry to hear you had stomach issues the night before hope the Gastric Gods have been good to you since? They have been neglecting me😕 I was up half the night with gastric issues too. I didn't take any stronger painkillers yesterday just paracetamol🙄

Well done braving the group anyhow and going. I'm sure the lady enjoyed an LA tale I always do so I'm sure she did. That's such a good thing about the group you support other people and hopefully feel better yourself for doing that. Just watch out for anyone who is actually likely to drain your energy though.

Naughty BB deliberately hoovering where he knew you needed to be! I hope you can find your earring🤞

I loved that pic of Tudor bloke pretending to sing in the car! So funny I remember myself and Kari doing that exact thing when we were little.🤣

Clever little BR taking a selfie I know your sister will keep it on her phone forever now. Hmmm🤔 a portrait photographer?

Early grey? Earl grey?! ok I can do that if you're sure it will help. Toady will be happy to help with teh thermos I'm sure we can add a trailer to her scooter maybe?

Sleek can hop aboard too!

take care Reshmi have a good day ☺️ ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Feel free to drink as much of the energy potion as you like I don't think it will do any harm. we need our Toad back to normal.

Hope all is well and the new neighbours if they are there permanently are quiet. Sleek has bought herself this from

I am slightly ashamed of her…almost!!!

Yup you were right the fridge decided to work darn thing😡 'there was never anything wrong with me Mr' so I rang Paul on loudspeaker to prove I wasn't making it up!!! Paul is going to drive the motorhome at the weekend and try to get it to do it again then he can make a not of the 'fault' code.

I can't believe we didn't mention the google Olympic birds at the time! Weren't they adorable so clever. Makes checking in on google an essential part of one's life!!

Yes please to the Hedgie pics I do think they might be ok now without cat food if the rain keeps up on and off. Cat food is rather yuk sleek only eats cat tuna with rice but she wolfs it down every day with the odd treat so it's not tooooo bad🤢

Oh Tia's Grandad still in SSCU. They want to do an echo of his heart before he is moved and as he needs hoisting he needs a huge room so there are issues yet to be solved. I popped into his home to update them before I went as the hospital won't tell them anything.

Take care Toady hope today you have more energy😊

Have a good day everyone love to Sandee ((())) xxx

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

ps toady lol xx

• bosh

good afternoon Toni

How are you?

Mums bs is ok

And flu - ish symptoms improving

Went out

Ablutions time

More later

Bye tc xx

• toady
    edited 15. Aug 2024, 15:54

Afternoon all 👋

Blowing most of the day and now raining 🙄 so not a day for outdoors but I did get a little bit done yesterday frog, and even an evening walk because the weather was just perfect 😍 thought I may see the coos but no, in fact the pasture had now been let go completely to weed, as far as the eye could see, didn't photograph true to life really but actually rather striking en masse. Wonder where the cows were as I had 'reason' to think they weren't far 👃🤔 but didn't have time to go further. One little hedgehog for you 😊 they were scuffling away last night, fingers crossed they're getting on ok. Hope Sleek well today, probably see her tomorrow I daresay, especially for a go on the special scooter 😄. I love her glass, oh brilliant, good find 😂. Good luck Paul trying to recreate the fridge fault, glad it will put up an error code (in theory) to back you all up 🙄 do hope the chap didn't want Paul on the loudspeaker in the worst sort of 'go over your head' way 😒. Hope your day has been ok, am trying to behave fairly well, is ironing new curtains sorting things for charity and starting to install a magnetic double glazing kit not too many jobs? Yes, probably 😬😄. Well the secondary glazing for the little bedroom is in the shed and can't be bothered to drag it out & reinstall it tbh, and I've always been curious if the acrylic DIY stuff is any good, so thought I'd try it for the lolz. Oh tell you what I did as well, went through an old handbag, which was full of receipts (I am my mother's daughter..) and was astonished how often I went out pre covid 😮 I really had truly forgotten, quite depressing how much those few years have derailed things. It was like a little time capsule, stopping in Jan 2021 😔. Have a good Friday, love to all and best to Tia & family 🤞xx

Love to Joan, hope all went well today 👍️ and you got in and out and home in good time. See you soon xx

Hi bosh, nice little ghostly me 😄. Hope your day is going ok and your stomach behaves itself, you and Toni both apparently 😔. Your mum's symptoms are improving I see 👍️ and glad the nap gave you a lift yesterday that's always good, the energy potion helped me out. Ok well and a nap too 😉. Will probably have a small one now too and prepare for this evening's itinerary of taking the wheelie bin out and possibly going to the postbox. Not much else going on no apparitions next door (so far), time will tell. Oh gosh imagine smart coffee pots in days of yore, like Alexa in the time of Shakespeare, well that sort of thing anyway, what a horrific thought 😱 . I shall be putting my own kettle on for my earl grey thank you, come what may ✌️ the witch tea biscuits may be shadows of their former selves but standards must be kept up. Have a good evening I hope :) xx

Love to all 😘 wonder how @Jewels1973 is getting on 🤞 xx

• dachshund

Good evening everyone

I hope you have all had a good day with not too many problems (())

Everything went well with the MRI . Last night I found a lump on peppers leg so my friend took him to the vets to remove it and check it’s all gone its £965 36 pepper thought he would spend some money..

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 15. Aug 2024, 20:25

hi Toni

Sorry about your stomach, how is it feeling now?

I thought mine had settled but now it’s not so good, but still it’s better than yesterday

Tea needn’t be earl grey, that was poetic licence lol

Any type of tea will do apparently 😂

Have a good night tc. xx

👋 Joan ,how are you?

really glad the MRI found nothing 👍👍

Mum and I are not too bad thanks

Have a good night tc xx

👋 toady

How are you, my ghostly friend?

I’m ok thanks just rapidly running out of energy

Glad nap etc worked 👍

Have a good night toady and everyone tc xx

Ps when vampire nurse runs out of earl grey 😱🐍xx

• toady

Oh poor Pepper Joan (and your poor purse! 😬) do hope he's ok and comfortable etc. Glad the vet's could see him promptly like that. Pleased to hear your MRI was fine, here I am sending your good wishes second after Pepper but you won't mind that 😉, hope you have a good night 😘 xx.

Night to bosh hope the energy elves or whoever's department it is to make such things overnight will bring you a nice generous amount for tomorrow, take care sleep well :) xx

Have a good night all xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan I hope you're ok today. Glad to hear all went well with your MRI. You did well i don't like those scanners at all not the noise the enclosed bit you know? When will you get the results to find out what is causing the pain.? I know that can take a little while. Will they go to the GP or the consultant?

Oh Pepper!!! How much?! They are insured though so I hope you can claim a good bit back yes? You did the right thing of course no way do we want our animals to be in trouble ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi Hope you are doing ok today and your stomach is not too bad. You were quite tired yesterday i could tell.

Mine was settling yesterday and is ok-ish today thank you for asking.

Such good news that your Mum is finally on the mend and of course that her bs is ok.

Plans to visit EF this weekend I expect. Will you go along too or take the opportunity to have some alone time in peace?

Tia's Grandad is finally out of the SSCU and in a normal ward. Shouldn't be too long before he can go back to the nursing home. He can't wait! I am going to collect some clothes there later when I see my sister so he has some clean ones to go home in when they say he can leave. Honestly this week has been exhausting. His son and DIL are on holiday tia finishes work too late and Paul is in London with work so I have done all the visiting.😩

I can drink tea of course earl grey is just delightful perfect for formality days with our little fingers out😉 what ever sorts the vampire nurses out is fine by me.

Well have a good day my friend take care cooler but sunnier out there today i think.

((())) xxx

Morning Toady

You went all ghostly yesterday…..can you go through the wall to next door and eavesdrop properly now?

I love the little Hedgie!!! thank you so much adorable just adorable❤️

The coo field is now poisonous (even though it looks lovely) to coos I think those yellow ragwort are so toxic they can go back until it's cleared. I think sheep can cope with it but not small cats either nor dogs or horses.

Tia's Grandad is on the mend (see post to Bosh) I am so pleased. Bless him. Lucy came with me to visit yesterday.

I do rather think you have a few too many jobs on yes but Sleek is keen to help with the magnetic stuff I think it's a great idea.

Isn't it awful how our lives have shrunk(en???) since covid? I agree. I was thinking something similar only yesterday myself. I used to manage so so much more now look at me. Doing nothing compared to pre-2020. I hope you will get back to 'normal' soon.

I have a sort of 'pre-dentist' appt this morning in-case I need treatment next Friday when Lucy and I go properly. I have to stop the blood thinners you see 5 to 7 days before treatment so I don't bleed out…. Then I am going for a walk with Kari then to the nursing home for clean clothes for Tia's Grandad.

What a day! All I want is my bed atm did I say I am doing nothing? 😴

Take care Toad have a good day if you can.

A quick wave to Sandee 👋 Yes not seen @Arthritic_Adventures nor @Jewels1973 Toady is right hope everyone is ok ((()))

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx