Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

hi everyone

Just wanted to say my sisters posh handbags have reached fame or notoriety in Venice 🐊 haha

Goodnight everyone xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Hello all 👋

Just popping in to leave a little posy for Joan's birthday, sorry it's late in the day Joan, you seemed to be alright for cake with the lovely ones here already so I though these were sweet 🌼 (and are actually paper! so they'll last 😉) thinking of you and Sue too, glad you went out today. I went in M&S too in the next town everything is very odd there these days, will tell about it tomorrow. Thank you my appointment was ok I only have to have another in a year's time. 😘 xx

Night all I will catch up tomorrow, thanks for good wishes appt went ok, well the medical bit, the rest of the day was a bit of a damp squib and tiring and whatnot but never mind, more news next visit. Sleep well all xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 10. Aug 2024, 05:41

Morning Joan how are you today? It sounded like the perfect distraction for you I think that trip out with your friend😊 The shops were huge or the area was huge? It was my lovely neighbour's birthday too yesterday I think she was 78 this time. Her husband was 80 a week or so back. Did the dogs stay at home or did they go too? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Hope you are ok and your Mum too. Thanks for asking my stomach isn't too bad ATM I have had more painkillers than usual which I think masks any 'issues' a bit and also not too much stress unlike you. 100% stress sets things off.

Hopefully your Dad will give in and give your Mum at least a short break somewhere. I am sure you are quite right - the society can manage perfectly well without BB for a week! What did he used to do for a living? I think he is used to being in power maybe? The thought of others managing without him is too much for him!

It is indeed a certain Mima's birthday looming…. the boys will be looking forward to it almost as much as their own as you say on starvation rations in anticipation of chocolate cake🤭

Well I am not sure how long your Mum will be able to hang on without seeing them so surely a visit will be soon.

Oh dear your neighbours let their cats out at night? I keep Sleek in. I have a dusk till dawn cat flap so she is trapped in overnight. She said to tell you that she does not lower herself to 'yowl' with common felines but no offence at all taken😹

She did however love the newspaper picture! She says dogs are stoopid anyway.

Well have a good day Reshmi ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Hope all is well at Toad's. Sleek says it was and thanks for taking her to M&S she enjoyed it very much. What did you buy her?🙄

Glad to hear Rheumatology over for another year - no changes I presume?

Boring day other than that then.

Not too much doing here either I just polished the car ready for the local festival where we are showing it today. It's clashed with Pride but can't be helped I can't be in two places at once. One is more than enough!

Love the flowers you bought for Joan. Reminded me of Marie Osmond - paper roses🎼 yep I wemember paper woses!

Take care Toady.

A very quick hello👋 to Sandee I do hope you are ok the family and Den too. Work isn't too stressful as well ((()))

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

good morning everyone

Thank you for the cake and flowers lovely

Toady (()) that’s good your Rheumy when well. Have a good day yes the MS I went to was big. Thank you for the flowers

Toni (()) enjoy your day. I’m sure Penelope will be placed. Thank you for the cake. I hope your neighbour had a good day love to everyone I’m running out of battery ( the iPad )

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day

Colin (()) love to you and sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum had low bs early this morning

And is also feeling a bit flu - ish with sore throat etc

I’m ok thanks

Just in desperate need of ablutions

I wrote this poem about mxt

I promise I’ll write a proper post after I’ve caught up with “stuff”

Bye for now tc xx

“The witches’ brew (My ode to Methotrexate)
    I woke up in the morning feeling groggy
    Unusually crabby and “brain - foggy”
    But I could hear the witches brew calling my name
    That delightful, yellow concoction, I inject, even when I’m not feeling on top of my game
    Makes food taste like lamb
    And everything smell like dogs
    I feel like I’m eating cardboard or spam
    And sinking in quicksand of the peat bogs
    I crave chocolate and pastries all the bad stuff
    And the Doc changed the prescription method again, even young BR would say that enough is certainly enough.

Ps I saw this pic online - it’s called “ Mad Catter’sTea Party “ absolutely true! xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you doing today?

You’re welcome

Mum was feeling a bit flu - ish

I think she’s a bit better now, but she and dad rowed so I can’t ask her properly till later.

Have a nice afternoon

Save me some milkshake 🤗

Bye for now Joan tc xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

I’m glad your stomach isn’t too bad at the moment, even if it’s partly down to the painkillers

mum said she’s not feeling flu - ish now, just a bit of a sore throat

I’m not feeling too bad thanks Toni

Yes stress is a many faceted thing isn’t it unfortunately?

Mum and dad are most likely going to see EF tomorrow, if mum still feels well enough

I think I’ll leave it as I just need some solitude and my stomach also needs a break really, which never seems to happen at MH, someone will browbeat me into eating some pastry or whatever - a distinctly ookey situation -triple “yuck” as LA might put it, to be honest 🤢🤢🤢

Mum said they might go for a short break later on this year in the uk if the covid situation improves, I’m sure dad will reluctantly agree eventually.

One of dads old jobs was a company director- so yes he likes to be in charge lol

Oh yes the mima cake - eating event needs proper preparation and training you know, chewing technique must be perfected, the meagre portions of blearios need to be coated in sugar, honey and melted candy floss, just in case the littleys lose their “sweet tooth”, I didn’t think that could happen but the universal expert LA assured me otherwise.

yes some people let their cats out, I’m not sure who exactly, but luckily I haven’t heard their early chorus for a while

Ok I’m glad that Sleek is controlled and has JA- like manners lol

Glad you and S liked the pic 👍

I did notice that bill seemed to be keeping a low profile in the holiday pics, so I asked mum about it and she said that sis informed her that bill got in a massive strop near the end of the holiday because the weather was very hot and they’d all had a heavy lunch - especially bill of course who probably had the alternative of a lead weight- sandwich - so my sister said with nothing but wifely care and concern of course, “ Maybe you could have some kind of salad for supper? One that includes chickpeas or fish?”, but all bill heard was the word “salad” lol and yes, he had a tantrum that would put both his sons to shame - oh dear.

Ok I think I’ll stop here for now Toni

have a good evening Toni tc xx

Ps Bill's diet has gone from bad to worse xx

• toady
    edited 10. Aug 2024, 21:09

Hello all 👋 still quite tired from yesterday so might nod off mid-post 😴

Yes all straightforward as far as the appt thanks frog, the only thing that alarmed me was when the lady said 'did it go up?' to me when taking my BP, meaning did the cuff inflate properly, not 'has it gone up since last time' which is what I thought 😱 . Afraid I did consent to be weighed sorry 😳 well it's once a year for consultant & I don't do it myself so better let someone benchmark it. The chap before me was taking off his boots and cardigan, & there's me, thinking should I sneak something heavy in my pockets 😂 (nearly said 'perhaps pop Sleek under my jacket' but she's light as a feather of course 😉). She was good as gold thank you for the lend 😊. Everything else was a bit of a shambles really, taxi was early (although that wasn't too bad luckily), the driver asked was it just me and I fondly imagined he meant 'where is the more hospital-worthy looking person you are accompanying'; but probably not 😄). I mucked up my taxi journey back & didn't really enjoy town, it's such a mess, I avoided the bits I know they've been mucking about but still passed through one main street that I didn't know was being mucked about 🙄 scaffolding & hoardings everywhere, ugh. TK max-imum was a disappointment too I usually bolt in there like into Aladdin's cave but nothing really spoke to me and I found it expensive. (Thought of @Skinny Keef's Loanda ofc with the halloween stuff 😔). I was a bit like Joan in M&S, hardly bought anything, I did buy some meringues (they were by the till 😂) - I don't suppose Sleek would turn her nose up at a meringue nest with strawberries & cream? Thought not 😺. I did sort of force myself to buy a bed throw from TKs so you never know she may get the benefit of that too 😉. Right enough waffling, hope you had a good time at the rally 👍️ look forward to hearing about it. Sorry it was a clash that's a shame 😔. Hope Tia's grandad is still doing as well as poss, I was glad to hear he had rallied and maybe turned a corner 🤞. Hope things ok with you, will catch up with garden chat soon 😊 did you remember the thing you maybe had to do? 🤔 have a good Sunday xx

Hello Joan, funny I didn't buy much in MS either, tea & coffee and some sponge fingers 🤷‍♀️ and the meringues I said to Toni. Most of the tills had gone to self service since I was there. The town was not nice too much going on, they have even stopped the nice town clock at 12 while they are doing some works, so it was all at sixes and sevens (well not the clock!). The MS branch is smallish there aren't many big stores really, especially since Deb-hams went. I don't know what's happening with the oots store over there but have already lost the local one anyway. Hope your day was ok they keep saying about the weather on Monday don't they 😬🔥 I have a cotton rug I plan to wash and hopefully get dry, the heat may as well be useful. No sign of anyone next door today. Have a good Sunday 😘 xx

Hi bosh, good to catch up on all news today, hope your mum is ok to visit EF tomorrow if poss. Sorry she wasn't feeling too well. I've just been resting after yesterday, I didn't enjoy the shops really, I didn't even overhear any interesting conversations in the hospital waiting room it was fairly empty and I was in quite quickly. I still expect there to be shops that haven't been there for years 🙄 so much has changed and when you have changed yourself too inevitably it's a shame, you can't really get a good feel for whether you feel odd in town because of the town or yourself, if you know what I mean. Obviously I'm out of all routine from when I used to go over more often because you get to know the shops inside out more or less. Oh well I suppose I'm glad that me feeling better in the 'old days' coincided with when it was a better town, it would be no fun being young there now there's nothing exciting about it. Glad you managed your injection ok this week sorry they keep changing your mxt 🙄 most annoying. Hope you have a good quiet & cat-yowl free Sunday 🤞 I have sponge fingers if you want something light and plainish with your morning tea. I had to laugh at lead-weight sandwich, oh dear 😬😂. I shall remember that salad can be a provocative term in the wrong circles 😬. Take care love the pics today :) xx

Have a good night all 😴 xx

• bosh

thanks toady

I may have some sponge fingers - as long as they aren’t salmon -flavoured lol

Goodnight toady tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan. Hope you are well? Today is going to be a lovely day we must make the most of it 😊 Penelope did not win the car competition although she got the most attention. We didn't mind at all because the winner was 92 years old and had never ever won a competition. Her owner wasn't much younger either so that was lovely😍 Take care Joan have a god Sunday ((())) xxx

Morning @sandeelilly that you are ok the family too sending some ((()))

Morning Reshmi

Hope you are well and that your Mum is feeling a good bit better today. For two reasons; 1 so that she is well of course and not coming down with something, but 2 so that they will go to visit EF and you can have some respite from it all and time for yourself😊

Oh dear me naughty BIL having the temper tantrum of all temper tantrums! (Erm I think it is hot in Portugal which is one of the reasons we go there BIL🙄) What an example to set in front of the boys too! tut tut! Your sister certainly has her work cut out😁Loved the bear pic BTW😃

You can see EF later on in the month for your sugar coated birthday celebrations. Heaven forbid that your nephews' teeth should lose their attachment to sweet stuff of all varieties! Mind you I think that very unlikely with their Dad in the house to top up their sweet teeth regularly.

Great poem Reshmi I love it! Sums it all up very nicely doesn't it? Did I ever tell you that Lucy had it as one of her chemo drugs when she had leukaemia? Yes bags of the delightful yellow stuff🙄 Made me feel queasy just looking at it.

I do remember people used to 'put the cat out' at night, but thought that was a think of the 1970's or something like that. Poor cats really no wonder they yowl. As you know Sleek only yowls when I put her in her carrier for the vets…..bless.🙀 She is however keen to go to that mad catters tea party!!!

Have a good day I hope you get some solitude ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Well that all sounded as though you did ok at the vet….er sorry the Rheumatologists well done. Sleek hates being weighed too bless her. She has a habit of gaining weight😹 all those treats she so loves especially meringue nests avec strawberries and cream😋 She wanted to jump in your pocket to be weighed but as it's only once a year she said you did need to know the 'troof'.

You reckon the cheeky taxi driver though you needed 'someone' with you?🤨 Hmmph you had someone with you in the form of a small quite responsible cat!

I take it 'they' (rheumatology) were happy enough with you all in all?

Sleek was not impressed either with TK's which is one of her favourite shops as well, but thinks she will make good use of the bed spread. It is often full of Loanda stuff yes!

Tia's Grandad is doing well. We visited after the car show (lost to a 92 year old fantastic specimen which you had to crank to start and had never ever won anything ever❤️) which was fabulous. Loads of people there looking at Penelope and loving her. To be fair she probably did get the most attention.

I got myself and Kari some 'Moomin' earrings each from one of the stalls😊

oh and I saw this on Friday morning on my walks

Lovely!

See you in the garden as soon as you're ready it's going to be a lovely day😊

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

Ps Bill enjoying a drink lol xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I’m pleased everything went well for you. Town’s are getting like goats towns we have a bingo hall coming. Enjoy your meringues and cream. Have a good day

Toni (()) the yellow car looked good. Have a good day love to everyone

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day

Colin and Sue (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund

Sorry my neighbour came when I was writing the post.

Have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

Mums bs is ok 👍

But she’s feeling flu - ish again unfortunately and her throat is quite sore too

So my parents didn’t see EF today

Also she has her diabetes- checkup appointment tomorrow so she doesn’t want to tire herself

Mum is feeling slightly better now compared to the morning thanks

I went on a walk but the heat was terrible, I cut the walk slightly short

Thanks about the bear pic

True Bill Broke is very much the sugar expert lol

Thanks about the poem, yes you did mention about your daughter being treated with methotrexate, poor Lucy, I’m so happy she’s well now.

I see, yes I’m not sure why people key their cats out either

Don’t worry sleek has a VIP invitation to the mad catters’ tea party, only problem is that it’s been dipped in milk and cod liver oil, so whether sleek with eat it with her afternoon tea - I do not know lol

Have as good an afternoon as possible in this heat Toni bye for now and tc xx

ps a feline bill waiting for chicken nuggets ( don’t tell him I substituted it for salad lol) xx

• toady

Hi all 👋 beautiful day 😊

Have been in the garden on & off frog, mostly watering & poking about. Yes I've already chopped just a few yellow tomato leaves off as they aren't helping are they 🤷‍♀️ but my trailing type won't come to anything I don't think this year, flowered but haven't set, shame. Everything else looking not too bad, I panicked slightly about my sickly looking alchemilla, didn't really realise they're deciduous 😳. The lavender is huge this year I will be cutting back forever 😬. It is beautiful out though, I saw 2 cabbage whites 'dancing', and a little colourful one couldn't tell what. What's yours, is it a speckled wood? looks about right 😊 yes, lovely. Glad you had a good rally and nice for the owner to win like that 👍️. Talking of transport, gosh no never occurred to me the taxi driver thought I needed accompanying, I hoped he thought who was I accompanying; some suitably sick looking person 😱 if I'd thought for a minute he'd meant that I'd have sent him off and crawled there on my hands & knees, rather. Now I'll never know, but well I do live in a fantasy world more or less of my own so who knows 😕😕😕 yikes. The 'troof' hurts as they (Sleek) say 😣! but weightwise, yes best to know, and I did tell her it was hardly worth adding her little lightweight to the total 😉 bless, I won't give her too much cream. Yes they were happy, give or take, though it's a mixed blessing having meds that keep you under control but not feeling remotely optimal. Hope all's well with you & everyone, glad you got the motorhome cleaned and will be interested to hear what happens come Tuesday, yay or nay to fridge man 😬. Have a good afternoon take care in the heat tomorrow too xx

Hello Joan, lovely day, I got my cotton rug onto the washing line it washed up very well I was a bit worried have never put it in the machine. Just thinking what else I can put in to take advantage of the heat 🤔. You're getting a bingo hall then, oh very useful 🙄🙄 much handier than a nice shop, I don't think. Thank you yes I'm glad I got my appointment over with they changed it 3 times and I'm always happy when I turn up and it's definitely the right day. Wonder when they will send out your new appointment, hope it's convenient 🤞. Have a good Sunday hope your neighbour is well :) xx

Love to bosh, sorry to hear your mum feels no better and couldn't visit EF after all, I hope her symptoms improve soon 😔. I hope her checkup goes well tomorrow too 🤞. I am not doing much today just some online shopping, hope I get on better than I have lately, I bought myself a new tshirt to wear to the hospital in plenty of good time and it arrived yesterday 🙄 and also a little tech gadget I wanted to play with over the weekend, that arrived Friday but was totally the wrong thing 😂🤷‍♀️. Will pop in later and see what else is going on 👋 :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

hi Joan

That’s ok

How are you?

Mum is feeling a bit better than she did this morning thanks

I’m not too bad thanks I had a takeaway today

Italian meatballs etc

Have a nice afternoon Joan and tc xx

• bosh

hi toady

Sorry your tech gadget was wrong

Glad you had some time in the garden

Did you find the mini hair clips?

Personally I like giant - sized hair clips lol

Thanks about mum

T - shirts are all well and good, but according to JA you should wear a tea dress made of witch tea biccies and lace weaved with the cobwebs donated by the phantom neighbours - there is such a thing as decorum, toady 😂😂

If you fancy a change from cinnamon porridge, I’ve got some R Brek, our kitchen is on the cold side most early mornings now, which is good, so sometimes I indulge in R Brek, not much left now, I don’t know who’s been scoffing it all, maybe Edward Strimmer - hands has made a comeback? Oh dear, what a thought.

Don’t have nightmares haha

Have a good evening toady tc xx

👋good evening sandee tc xx

Ps toady this is what happens when you use your breakfast as foundation- I told you to buy it from nosegay 🤷‍♀️

• frogmorton
    edited 12. Aug 2024, 06:08

Morning Joan hope you are well? I see you were interrupted mid-posting yesterday. Such is life nice to have people around I think. The show was lovely the old car so deserved to win I wish I'd got you a photo. It was a 'Sue-type' if you know what i mean with running boards she'd have loved it. The yellow one was a Honda civic special edition a Jordan I think only 500 were ever made. Any plans for the day Joan - it was HPT last night not easy to sleep.

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you today? I hope well although your Mum worries me a bit. Is she coming down with something? Has your Dad brought germs in from the society again? Mind you can pick up germs even in the queue at al fresco. Less so at WR I'm sure - a better class of germ at the very least🤣

Shame you didn't get a few hours to yourself though as they wisely didn't visit EF.

Wasn't it hot overnight? I can quite see why BIL needed that cold beer. Even I might (probably not) have been tempted! I had cooled the bedroom down with the little aircon, but Sleekipaws left the door open to the heat of the house when she came in to check on me🙄

Loved the pic of BIL waiting for his nuggets so eagerly! Sleek is so excited about going to the mad catters party she is sorting through her dresses ready. She thinks it's terrible cats being kicked out at night. You think it goes back to the days when they were used to keep vermin out of the houses?🤔

Gosh yesterday was hot, too hot to be outside almost I spent a lot of the morning in the garden. After we visited Tia's Grandad we came home I stayed inside till it was tiny bit cooler then tidied a bit more outside.

Well Reshmi let's hope today is a bit cooler. I have all doors and windows open ATM to get the temp down.

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Toad😊

We had some rain overnight I expect the tail end of Scotland's storms. Typical after I spent ages watering yesterday evening🙄 glad I pulled up the spent poppies though or next year I'd have been overrun with them! Hasn't the lavender been fabulous? I have pruned a load and much more to go hopefully we might get a second albeit weaker flowering for the bees. I cut back some cat mint too and some of the salvia.

To be fair on the taxi driver a lot of people take someone with them for company for hospital appts. Did he not see the small feline you had with you? Yes she told me you'd said she would hardly affect your weight😉 very kind. I honestly think those injections are helping her you know she is much more active. Did she talk to the rheumatologist about them? She can take over a bit if someone listens to her.😳

It is a mixed blessing really the treatment, but needs must we have to balance things don't we?

Sorry to hear that your tomato flowers did not set😕 I finally have one orange tomato! I seem to have waited forever. Not enough sun this year l think. For you not enough insects maybe? I sort of pollinate my own brushing the flowers from one to the other. No idea if it works but I always do it.

I agree with you the butterfly must be a speckled wood wasn't she lovely? You saw two whites dancing?!😊 I saw a tiny one too in the grass not sure whether it was a moth or butterfly🦋 maybe even a male small blue? Not blue you see.

You be careful outside too today it's HOT bro is in France it is 40 and the pool is apparently 30😮 He was staying up to watch the Perseid meteor shower last night. I failed can't stay up till midnight these days! He sent me some photos the other night so pretty.

Take care and lets keep on with our lavender.😊

A very quick wave👋 to Sandee hoping all is well.

been busy this morning preparing us all a fruit salad….🤥

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) sorry I have my appointment this Thursday 9-20 I have to have an MRI. Lavender has a lovely smell. I was thinking of you eating the meringue’s I bet they were lovely. Have a good day.

Toni (()) thank you for the photo of the car’s your car always shows up. I still can’t find my birth certificate I emptied the drawer it was in and the one below. I hope the man comes tomorrow to fix the fridge/freezer. How is Tia’s granddad (()) have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) lovely photo of the dog with the toast. Love to your mum (()) take care both of you

Sandee (()) how are you. Have a good day

Colin (()) love to you and Sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning 🌸

Toni wppl xx

• bosh

good afternoon Toni

How are you?

Mums bs is ok thanks

But she’s still feeling a bit flu - ish unfortunately

So she’s cancelled her checkup today

She did however say she’s feeling better than yesterday

I’m ok thanks, I managed to walk a bit earlier than usual

Yes germs are everywhere, but not upper class germs lol

Yes no solitude unfortunately

Very hot overnight indeed, was lucky enough to find cold room unbooked in early morning though, I remember one summer dad pretended he was really ill and used it as an excuse to hog the cold room almost all summer - what an evil BB.

Thanks about the pic, oh yes one has to be well - dressed to go to that party lol

I’m sure why the poor cats were allowed to yowl outside, possibly for that reason I guess

I hope it’s a bit cooler at the end of the day at least

ps Bill’s barbecuing now, well at least he’s standing up, that’s a work out 🤥 xx

• bosh
    edited 12. Aug 2024, 17:41

hi Joan

How are you?

I hope your scan goes well

Mums bs is ok

But she’s still feeling a bit flu - ish

I’m not too bad thanks

Have a nice evening tc. Xx

Ps even sharks can step on LA’s L*go lol xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

Sorry I’m struggling with the heat today

As I know you are too of course and without the benefit of the cold room for an hour of emergency sleeping 🤗

never mind the heat can’t last forever- it’s meant to be cooling down on Thursday- at I think and hope so

Little BR sang a very nice song to my mum on the phone- a medley of “ Get well granny” - at least I think that’s what he was trying to sing lol - as well as Baby Shark - and another song he learned in the nursery, which was “I’m a cheeky monkey swinging from the tree” - it was lovely to hear, even though we of course know that LA is the cheeky monkey of the family, he’s a very good considerate monkey indeed, bless him ❤️

Mums rearranged her diabetes checkup and isn’t feeling too bad right now 👍

But yesterday she was feeling very run down and it was difficult to see her looking so tired and sad

But there’s definitely a marked improvement today, thank G**.

Ok have a good evening Toni tc xx

Ps I’ve found a job for you - well for sleek’s pal at any rate lol xx

• bosh
    edited 12. Aug 2024, 19:57

hi toady

How are things with you?

very ookey heat isn’t it?

On the plus side I’ve found a pic of your neighbours 😂

Have as good a night as poss and tc xx

👋 night sandee tc xx