Thanks very much about dads friend

It was pleasantly cold here

Have as good a night as possible

I’m almost face - planting

Good night toady tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 20. Aug 2024, 06:39

Morning Joan hope you are well today? The dogs too? yes it's great Tia's Grandad is home he is much much happier now can't stop smiling and might get a shave too🤣 It is scary but yes my Grandaughter will be here before we know it. They had a midwife visit yesterday morning which went well I think. They will induce her 3 weeks early due to the diabetes. It should all being well go within a few days of the baby arriving. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you this sunny morning? Your Mum too of course hope her bs is nice and stable and that the flu virus has gone. It's awful feeling so tired you could cry.

LA is coming soon! The end of the month is almost nigh☺️ Entertainment is imminently coming our way. Just hide your hair clips and ah I'll get some cheese in vegan for me dairy for Paul before it all goes!

Oh I am sorry to hear about QJL's husband but it is good your dad is out of the house giving you and your mum a quiet hour or two. I do hope he recovers well.

Aww BR maybe he is keeping his private information about his tryst with Ella to himself? That would be understandable with him having a big brother around. I reckon he loves her very much but was a tiny bit shy to start with. A unicorn card is perfect Ella will love it.

I feel as though the mortgage advising dog may well have a financial advisor colleague. According to Sleek dogs are well known for their monetary skills. Not their writing but numbers yes very good. I mean Joan has two I don't know what they do for a living…?

Take care Reshmi ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Windy but sunny here so far. Let's hope it's warm out there. Yesterday was rubbish too here rather windy and chilly. I also spent the whole day cleaning clearing and sorting. Some rubbish, some recycling some to give to others. Yes the Swedish death clean continues….slowly and intermittently but it is ongoing. What else could we do on such a day?

Oh yes I had the craft group too. The general conclusion was that the properly dried lavender looked prettier and you could smell the oil in it more.

My little cat now has en suite facilities. Between you and me she is maybe feeling her age? She isn't up yet I used to be hassled at 4am. I have added a second litterbox to 'her bedroom' so that she doesn't have to go out unless she is up to it. The other one is the far end of the bungalow and she used to only use it when she accidentally got locked in or had the two-bob-bits. I noticed it is now often used - wees only of course - I feel a tiny bit sad but will get over it. She will bounce back later just needs a bit more sleep I think she's lively enough in the day just wants a lie-in. No need to wake Mum up to go out for a wee if you have your own facilities which she has used. Next jab is next week I will mention it at the vet's though.

She will love the catazon 30 day trial! She'll be in there her wish list is, as you know, quite extensive. Go for it Toad just make the most of it.

Let's hope Sandee is ok nothing wrong other than life getting to busy ATM to post fingers crossed eh?

Well better get on hope your day is a good one.

If you pop by Sandee I hope you are ok ok 👋 ((())) xxx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,709

good morning Toni wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I’ve gone back to wearing my Thermal vest. My friend took me down every turning in Fresco. I hope you have a good day. Don’t work too hard

Toni (()) sorry sleek is sleeping more according to the vets they are a lot older than their age. Have a good day. Yes that’s good Tia’s granddad is home all the best to him(()) and to Charley and Annie (()) love to Paul (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry about your dad’s friend love to your mum (()) take care

Sandee (()) thinking of you

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Mums bs is ok 👍

But it’s double Vesuvius and I’m so tired of this

Mum is blaming me for everything again

Dad is being his extra hideous self

Bit tired after shower

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps earl grey and lavender - infused cheesecake apparently

Very suitable for Trials And Tribulations Tuesdays xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Thanks about my dad’s friend

Mum and I are ok thanks

Have a good night Joan tc xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

It was actually me who was so tired I was crying, but I’m ok now thanks

Sorry not a lot of time left as I need to organise this haystack and then look for a needle - which is code for I need to organise stuff as it’s group tomorrow

Have a good night Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi toad (y)

Please use the woad

to paint the phantom neighbours’ porches

Or LA himself will angrily pursue you with haddock - coffee and faulty nosegay electric torches

How are you?

The group - preparations are a - calling

Thanks about dads friend

Have a good night toady tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Hi all 👋

Just a quick line as have been quite busy and must also try and stick to not being too late to bed.

What a different day frog, yesterday was a real shot across the bows, have been very consciously doing jobs requiring the sun & better weather, wish we could have an extension on the good weather I could really catch up on things. Have almost nearly finished the little bedroom, new curtains up, duvet & bedding sorted, and have almost decided on a mattress heaven help me 😬 in the end I think you just have to pick something and take a punt if you can't go trying things in person. At least it's a non-rolled up job so it has that in its favour (I think). I am just relying on Sleek now for the styling touches I know I can trust her to pick me some nice bedside bits & pieces, coffee table magazines etc 😺 and yes she must come catazon browsing with me 😊. She will appreciate her new facilities (I know how you feel though xx) and if a lie-in helps conserve her energy that's good we will all be glad of one as the days shorten (just not yet though please!). So soon for the next jab, oh doesn't it come around 😔. Is it Friday for the dentist for you (& Lucy)? Must try and get my days in order I am a bit out at the moment and then we will have a bank hol as well, eek. Have a good night love to all :) xx

Hello Joan, much nicer weather I did some painting to the outdoor window frame and started assembling the spare room bed (wasn't too difficult) but I did say to myself Joan says not to do too much & I stopped for an afternoon rest too 👍️. It made such a difference being sunny, I can quite see how you'd go back to your thermals based on yesterday, this is around the time I remember I haven't got the right things. I browsed an online clothes catalogue I used to shop, they wanted £44 for a pyjama top, ridiculous. They used to be very good. All round Fresco then, ooer, I only go the big branch in the next town once in a blue moon I get lost there seems to be miles of it 😮 did you stop for tea though ☕️? Have a good day tomorrow :) xx

Oh dear sorry it's not been a nice day bosh 😕 poor you, hope you get to group okay and tomorrow is better. Thank you I will implement the woad in the prescribed manner 😂 I certainly don't want any faulty nosegay goods 😱 I've got enough grumbles with them at the moment anyway. Though if you are in the market for anything there is a 10% code off for very selected customers - ('only for you' they say in the email in fact which is an outright lie if we're being pedantic), which as far as I can tell means most people. Haven't done much today just chores, and had a rest. Let me know what biccies we are short of in the cupboard I will have to do a trolley dash style miceland shop soon or I will have nothing worthy to put on any of the nice cafe plates, let alone anything to offer any rabbits that call round hoping for a teaparty, that will never do. Hope you sleep well keep us posted on QJL's husband - take care 😴 xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan I hope you are doing ok. It was my friend's birthday yesterday the 2nd without her wife. I know you understand how she feels. Yes I do believe our animals are much older than us and Sleek is 15 on the 2nd September. When she goes to the vet for her arthritis jab I will talk to the vet to be on the safe side. You take care ((())) xxx

Oh my poor Reshmi!

I am so sorry you had double Vesuvius to contend with yesterday😕 I am pretty sure you didn't deserve it. No doubt you were piggy in the middle and nothing you did would be right. Hopefully today will be a bit better. At least you have the group so can escape for a good while at least.

Hope your Mum's bs is ok and that you are ok and that the gastric oracle is being kind. I hope you are not too tired too being so tired you cry is just dreadful ((())

That tea looked rather lovely😋 quite delightful in fact! earl grey and lavender just my cup of tea * laughs in a hoity toity posh manner* One thanks you very much.

Is your Dad's friend any better? I hope so, if not I hope your Dad visits this afternoon keep him away from you for longer.

Poor William he had such a lovely head of hair didn't he? Still he is doing the right thing cutting it short far better than trying to do a comb-over like some men do.

Foodbank for me in a bit.

Loved the ditty for Toady😁

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Hope all is well with you.

Yes I think you do understand my poor little pusskin is aging. Still she is as lively as ever in the evening so that's something to reassure me. I will chat to the vet when she has her injection next week just to be sure.

Well done almost finishing the small room! Perfect. Sleek says it will be hers and any chance of some en- suite facilities in there for her too once it's finished? She has done you a 'mood board' for titivating the room now it's almost complete and things almost everything can indeed be purchased from catazon at a very good price😊

I hope your mattress in there isn't smelly like ours was do you remember? (Did I say??? I think I did) if so air it as long as you can before making the bed. When is it coming?

Forecast here looks ok for the weekend so I intend to spend as much time outside as I can manage. Perhaps you will have time to do the same?

Yes Friday for the dentist for me now on my own the tooth must come out as I have an infection, but Lucy has to go to neurology with all the extra seizures she's been having. She has waited 2 years or more to see the neurologist the dentist easier to rearrange. She has a very good friend who will go with her. I can't be in two places at once unfortunately. Ah well.

Anyway you take care have a good day☺️

Love to Sandee if she pops in 👋

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

I will be later tomorrow pepper has to be in the vets by 9-30 for his op.

My friend ‘s dog that had the pups is in the vets she has been there over night she has a infection from the C section she’s very poorly.

Toady (()) you must feel very proud of all you have done to your little bedroom. Have a good day and a rest. Yes we had a little breakfast.

Toni (()) i hope your friend had a lovely birthday very sad has well for her with it being 2 years since her wife died (()) she has a lot of nice memories up there in the caravan (()) have a good day Toni (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I’m sure your mum doesn’t mean to be mad with you (()) take care love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) I hope everything is alright there.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Hi all 👋 blowing away madly out there 😬🌪️ but actually not bad at all up to now considering it was only forecast 2 hours' sun in the morning.

Hope you have had a good day frog and not too much to do. I've got a drizzly Thurs forecast, otherwise just generally dullish for the weekend but a very nice looking week after 😀 just as well as I probably hopefully have workmen, I really do hope so, as it's such a good week, would be ideal🤞. Not to mention the getting it over with and leaving room to get other things done. So sorry you do definitely have to have treatment on Friday 😫 heaps of luck with it, and yes it would clash with Lucy 😕, but hopefully her appt will be really useful. Glad she'll have company. Nothing much else doing here, the mattress is only at the nearly finally decided stage but then it's a 3ish day delivery - I don't think it will have the sort of components that caused you the trouble 😱 but yes I've taken heed from that & will certainly allow for airing, all types will benefit from that, will fling the window open etc. and bide my time. I will be very glad of Sleek, I have been moving stuff around on the shelves today and getting in a right twist, I hate everything I tried, clearly I should have left it to her altogether. Of course she can have all the facilities she wants and a teasmade too if she'd like, goes without saying there will be a biscuit tin 👍️ never mind crumbs, that's what the rug is there for 😂. Have a good evening love to all :) xx

Thank you Joan kind of you to say so, it is a very little room but then I'm only a small toad 😂 so it's all relative, it's quick a lot of work for me. I think it's even given me a bit more muscle, most of it from moving boxes out of the way that I'd not long moved in the first place, before I made these changes 😣 never mind it's made me go through some of them & sort them so it's an ill wind. Glad you had some breakfast out at Fresco's 😊 I like the fact the big branch has a cafe my local one hasn't. Sorry to hear about your friend's dog, oh dear, all the best to her 😔. Lots of love to Pepper for tomorrow and will be thinking of you both & checking in 😘 xx

Wave to bosh and hope group was ok 👋 will pop in again later after a cup of tea :) xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you tonight?

How was the food bank?

Mum isn’t too bad today thanks and her bs was ok too👍

I enjoyed going to the town centre and group too thanks

I’m tired but not in a hideous way 👍

Nasty M announced that she had a cold and then expected us react as if she had broken a limb or something like that lol, she gave me one of her infamous “looks” - as if to say “the queen is displeased”, silly woman haha.

My stomach is ok thanks

Totm does sometimes affect my stomach too, so no need to worry

LA and his parasol and frilly dress (ok, maybe not the frilly dress lol) are coming in 5 days’ time!
    Bank Holiday Monday!

There were a lot of kiddies and their parents in the town centre though, I went to WH Pith as the fruit - sellers call it haha, to try and buy a nice coloured pen, but the kiddies were in control - there was a LA - type trying to bully his mum into buying the most expensive fountain pen ever - how very ookey 😱

I found out that dad’s friend had a stroke at the same time as the internal bleeding and he’s had some scans and is staying in hospital for observation, he’s stable now - thank goodness.

Glad you liked the tea.

Reading Festival soon of course and those young “festies” will be as noisy as toady’s phantom neighbours - no respite from them, even in the cold room, oh dear.

I was watching a N Flix series where some adulks went for a very long drive, but the kids had messed up the music system and they had to listen to hours of Baby Shark! It drove one of them back to alcoholism- a bit OTT of course but that song had become almost maddening, don’t you think?

Ok I’ll go for now Toni

Have a good night tc xx

Ps cicadas are still better than Baby Shark lol xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

How are you?

Mum is less angry today 👍

I am also not tired to the extreme

LA is coming in 5 days - so I need to bulk buy chicken nuggets lol

• bosh

👋 toady

one of bills pals has saved you some laundry to wash lol

Will try to post again in a min

Unless I find that I have mutated into a cream cracker

Bye for now tc xx

• bosh

hi toady

I am almost a cream cracker I must admit

But how was your day?

I have found another name for the biccie cupboard, or do I mean H Potter - related owlery?

Have a good night 💤

Bye toady tc xx

• frogmorton
    edited 22. Aug 2024, 06:19

Morning Joan I am thinking of little Pepper this morning being a good boy at the vets I hope it all goes well. I hope the Mum of the pups does ok too🤞That's a worry. Sleek is much livelier today bless her I feel happier about her. It's windy out there so hang on tight don't get blown over. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you doing today? Yup TOTM used to do that to me and one friend used to miss a whole day with the same issue😕 Hope your Mum is ok too.

It's very windy out there I am going for my walk in a bit, shower when I get back I think makes more sense than the other way around don't you?

Well done getting to the group and oh my goodness me how narcissistic is nasty M!!! The whole world has to stop because she has a cold???!!!! Incredible. I bow down to her majesty - not!

Aha we have a date for the imminent arrival of LA! Fabulous fun times ahead. Your Mum will be happy BB has to behave slightly better and you must watch out for your hair clips and and trip hazards on stairs. I have safely stored my (vegan) cheese supplies so I think we are well on the way to being ready.🤗 Just don't take him to WHPith those fountain pens are extortionate!

I am sorry that your Dad's friend had a stroke I hope he makes a really good recovery. Bless him.

Baby shark?

Please no!!!!

Have a good day my friend ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Sleek is up and about this morning in and out of the house in spite of the wind which is terrible! So blowy out there. I am walking in a minute so I can shower and wash my hair afterwards. If not me and Donald will have something in common

It's so windy that Sleek is coming in a catsi today she feels safer in there and is bringing the mood board to which a teasmade and biccy tin has been added. She is back reading over my shoulder. Yes she has excellent taste in soft furnishings and bits and bobs especially when someone else is paying!!!

Hopefully your mattress won't be stinky, but if it is you are at least prepared for it unlike me. I am the same as you for taking forever (furrever?) to make decisions before buying anything! Paul just gets on with it.

Lucy should be ok at her appt all being well I'm sure and probably doesn't want me there anyway. She is going to the cat cafe in Brum Saturday as a treat her friend has organised it she doesn't know about it yet☺️ Lucky girl I want to go too!

I finally got Sleek's new cat carrier and like it much better than the one where the handle fell off when she was in it. It's pink. Purrfect

Just waiting for the cover which should come tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have MOT (car not me) at 8.30 then when I get back it's dentist in the afternoon. Kari is taking me so I don't go queasy we go to the same dentist it is essential. The gland is swelling on and off all day now so pretty urgent.

Take care Toady we have some sunshine due this weekend😁

A quick wave 👋to Sandee if she pops by ((()))

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

My friend who drives a pet Ambulance took pepper to the vets and she’s picking him up about 4-00 to bring him back. My scooter would have done it it was me too windy and rain.

Toady (()) I ordered jam scones in my order now I feel guilty about having them. It is funny how a person’s mind changes and you do different to what you thought before. Have a good day

Toni (()) that’s good Sleek is feeling better 15 is a good age. Good luck with your car’s MOT that’s a lovely surprise for Lucy she will enjoy it. Have a good walk you might have one step forward and two back. Sleek’s cage looks good. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) yes the month comes around quick and all the aches and pains. Have a good day take care if you go out. Love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) thinking about you I hope everything is going okay

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Like a silly hatter I accidentally just saved the comment this morning instead of posting lol

Sorry about that

Mum is ok thanks bs- wise and generally- just a bit of a sore throat

It was so beautifully cold at night

I slept deeply thanks

Yes LA - preparations almost complete lol

Good point - hair clips, I may need to acquire a cupboard- mortgage so I can store them - what was that?

The mortgage advisor is playing “Fetch”?
    How very unprofessional indeed

Thanks about dads friend

Mxt day for me 🤢

So I need to shower before face - planting situation

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps Vegan caramelised banana with oatmeal / porridge yummy not for littleys - it’s ours 😂xx

• toady
    edited 22. Aug 2024, 15:45

Hi all 👋

Thinking of Joan and Pepper hope all's well 🤞. Glad the pet ambulance people could take & pick him up, it really is very rough out there 😮 it was blowing things around here in the night. I hope they are ready with Pepper on time as they said. Of course you should have a jam scone why not, it is only a little thing, when you think what people buy for themselves and spend on takeaways etc and then probably waste half. And anyway you deserve whatever you have especially on a worrying day. Yes I change my mind about things all the time sometimes there are other reasons why you can't tell what's the right thing anyway or until later. Take care both 😘🐾 xx

Good luck again for tomorrow frog that isn't nice the tooth affecting you 😣 fingers crossed it's all as straightforward as possible. So rough again today if it settles I might go outdoors later, it was certainly throwing things about and tipping any top-heavy pots over last night 🙄 nothing vital. Hope you got your walk in ok. I love Sleek's cat basket 😊 and what a gorgeous blankie that is 👍️🐁 just wish she didn't have to go anywhere in it, but glad to hear she is lively today and in good form 😽. She was definitely best off in the catsi and the mood board is shaping up very nicely, I love her ideas 😍 full steam ahead now it will be instagrammable in no time 😄. I have really made the mattress decision (I think) but don;t want it to be coming up the path at the same time as any workmen so don't feel I can order it quite yet. I wish I had Paul's 'get on with it' ability too, is it just very good decisiveness or don't like shopping? 🤔 . All the best for tomorrow and for Lucy too, the cat cafe visit will be a lovely surprise, I expect you'd get a chance sometime 😺☕️. Take v good care 😘 xx

Hi bosh, I'm afraid the cream cracker van came for me too last night 😣 in fact I'm still in the back of it if how I feel is anything to go by..

..I shall try and bribe them to let me off and then retreat to the growlery 😂 excellent. I don't think I shall make good inroads into the pile of laundry today, oh dear, which is a shame as it would certainly dry out there! Very brisk indeed 😬. Hope you're having an ok afternoon good luck with the mxt, and glad you had a good night 😊 take care 👋 xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

Yes nasty M had a cold - what a silly person she is lol, I agree.

I see, yes totm is a massive nuisance indeed

Mum is generally in a better mood thanks, largely due to the upcoming holiday resort booking by LA of course, we will be paid for our hospitality, cheese - sandwich making expertise and bespoke story - telling with pieces of L*go and yes I must make sure the payment isn’t put on the stairs 😱

Yes I’ve hidden my hair clips now - thanks for reminding me, the aristocrat must request early access to his trust fund if he needs to buy hair clips haha, not steal them from poor unsuspecting Mimas.

Yes post - walk shower sounds good to me

yes hide all manner of cheese away for your own protection- good policy 👍

Noted, it was bad enough when we took him to “ Cahoots”, he almost opened and ate an unpaid for packets of mints, I had to tell him the sweets were medicine (methotrexate with sugar and eye of newt lol) and at one point he ran out of the shop but luckily my slim and physically fit sister managed to drag him back inside but with with an understandably very fed up facial expression - oh dear.
    Absolutely, the fountain pens there should only be bought by senior aristocrats like bill, depending on whether his over - consumption of “Broke” has literally left him broke or not that is of course.

Thanks about dads friend

Yes Baby Shark is so annoying lol

I hope your day went well?

Have a good night Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you today?

Yes the end of the month comes around quickly I agree

I was careful thanks, it was very windy but not gale force

Mum is ok 👍

• bosh

hi toady

Sorry you were / are in the back of the cream cracker van - oh dear

I had written some notes but then I almost lost them lol

Basically wanted to say that when EF last graced us with their presence, my mum said that my ood ankle socks looked too strange for the occasion lol, I bet Dr Chew never faced such sartorial censorship- oh dear.

I’m spending less time on fb now, in fact have temporarily deactivated account for 7 days - can’t do it for longer unfortunately 😡

Anyway so I’m spending time re - reading favourite poems, things like that one is by Allison Croggon, Australian poet, is called ‘A Quiet Woman’ and one line is ‘this is a day for minor survivals’, which I really like, so even though you are in the cream cracker van, remember that you have escaped the clutches of the cheese monster - well until bank holiday Monday of course - then the whole nation is in peril - the cheese - less cracker may become the norm, now even the Dr Chew writers couldn’t come up with a plot like that apparently

Have a good night toady tc xx

Ps not sure what this pic is about- I blame that Toni lol xx