Val's Cafe

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,363

Hi all 😊 brightened up nicely so hope everyone is having a good day and some sun.

What a nice walk with your sister and a cafe discovery 😊☕ you'll go again I expect. And parcel deliveries on your return 👍 I have never come across the toys what a good idea, and the cleanability, are those soft little flippers for just a bit of nice to touch-ness? Are the others you're getting different? Not much going on here but might get outdoors later. I am healing up nicely so will be careful, ah yes the sling 😂 well bless him Tommy was so very earnest, you couldn't say no, could you 😽. Yes very much like Sunday indeed I even made a Sundayish lunch, it's so like one. Will be glad to get on (I think) with the week and thank you Paul nice weather please 🤞. Good thinking I will remind myself about bird food topping up things 👍 I have fewer regulars now 😔 but will cater for all. No sign of hedgehogs, do you think they were already big enough to be ready to go and make their own ways in the world? 🤔. Have a good Monday I mean Tuesday 😬 love to all xx

Hello Joan, so glad to hear Maisie is feeling better 😊 hope she goes on alright now. I have been moving all the furniture around in the front room for something to do while it was dull & windy this morning, I have new curtains to put up, once you start changing things you get drawn into doing more. It all needs it anyway. Will be stopping for an afternoon rest now 👍. Hope your day has been ok has your neighbour popped in? Good luck for Pepper in advance :) xx

Hi bosh hope all going well in the eye of the hurricane so to speak 😬 I will be back for a proper post later excuse while I have a quick rest 👋 xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,708

hi Toni

What a nice bowl of blearios!

LA will be very grateful

He said he’s my grandson! Oh dear

I wrote a few “poetic lines” and sent them to toady yesterday by the way - just few thoughts on the aforementioned cereal etc haha

Walked a bit earlier and went to cost a packet this morning, even indulged in some toast there - I remember the time they ran out toast - most uncivilised really

BR is in fine form, he saw some photos of him and I pointed out there were 2 pics of him and only one of his “brudder”, that made him very happy indeed- bless him

He’s put Dino stickers everywhere, even on his mums dress- I was going to say that elegant ladies don’t drink tea with T - Rex - stickers on their attire, but I thought it best to be silent lol

Ok bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps Welsh honey cakes xx

• bosh

👋toady and Joan

How are you both?

What a day I broke a lamp

The littleys sang the “Reshmi - song” at full volume when I desperately needed some sleep

I ate more than I should have because it was decided that 3 pm as lunchtime 🤢

Cinema on Wednesday

Mum is ok but grumpy

LA said he was half LA and half Mima - what a terrifying thought - scarier than Dr Chew’s weeping cake - eaters (sorry angels lol) plot

I am most definitely a surplus mountain of cheese and crackers now

Have a good night everyone tc xx

I’ll talk try and talk about presents later, but luckily no one gave me a giant egg

Although bill may at some point, no doubt expecting me to make him a giant omelette haha xx

• toady

Hi again bosh 👋 glad to hear things have gone ok so far, does a broken lamp and a surfeit of crackers & cheese count as going ok 🤔 well it's all relative I expect 😬. I am re-reading yesterday's posts that I'm behind with, loved the poem I read it last night 😊 yes why oh why al fresco 😫 I'm glad you 'salvaged' that it's neat & self-contained, though in any case I liked the image of poetry not rising in the oven, very expressive. And such a lovely little pic to go with it I liked that a lot. I have had my marrots today btw and no peas so I'm glad I've done everything right. Very glad too it was just the cold room gaslighting you, to mix my metaphors, into thinking you felt cold symptomy, you will be ready for it if it tries that again 😉. Well it's been an interesting day in LA world if one minute he's your grandson and next minute half-mima himself, how very complicated, what next I wonder 🤔 sorry about the full volume serenading, it puts a bit of outdoor singing here yesterday into perspective, I got off lightly it seems 😬. I hope the cinema goes ok what are you seeing? Good luck for whatever's tomorrow look forward to more news, and happy non specific date birthday if that's the right thing to say, I won't ply you with too much cake have some virtual flowers from toad's garden instead (no pollen) 🌼🌷🌺🌻. Sleep well I hope, I am going myself now, I am a bit like those supermarket oranges 😄 goodnight xx

'night all 😴 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Morning Joan how are you doing today? I have my fingers crossed for Maisie that it bursts soon and she can go home bless her. Glad she's eating though so she must be feeling better. Pepper is definitely doing well then Sleek is also at the vet for her Arthritis jab today. We are all spending money! Hope your day is a good one ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

I hope you and your Mum are well enough to come with the invasion!

Aww BR for once felt important having two photos up when LA has only one😉 Bless him.

Erm exactly how did it happen that you are LA's Grandmother?! Bless him kids do struggle with working out how extended family works! I always thought yours was nice and simple too!I remember in Al Fresco once when I was about 35 maybe some child in a trolley look up and called me Nanny I was mortified😁

When Charley was very small and poorly (about 2/3) she was in bed with me I had the 10 O'clock news on. She woke up took one look at Trevor Macdonald and said 'Grandad'. My dad was quite pleased good looking bloke Trevor.

I did indeed spot yesterday's Al Fresco/Bleerio crisis poem. I thought it was sock on…er spot on!!! Glad you liked the ones I left ready for LA.

I do remember Costa Packet not having any toast once - outrageous! I mean really! How is a woman to cope?

Have you had your secret birthday yet? You must have done by now it's nearly September and I know it's in August.

Well I hope all is going well and that you got a dino sticker too😊

Take it as easy as you can ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

How are you doing this delightful Tuesday morning? Another good day ahead and another where I am too busy to get outside🙄I will try though.

I think you got off quite light with the sling you know I have been in the recovery position and poor Sleek had mouth to mouth😮. I'm sure Tommy will pass his first aid I mean he's had enough practise now surely!

Yes apparently baby hoglets are independent by about 8 weeks old so the ones you saw were probably learning from their mum🤗

I think we need to help the birds early too. Sad some of your old regulars must have passed on, but such is life you'll gain new ones in time.

I saw a butterfly yesterday at my friend's we discussed the insect crisis both quite worried. She said she'd had loads of flies personally I have had hardly any this year compared to usual.

Hope you enjoyed your extra Sunday lunch? Today then must be Monday but not so i put a pic of a Winnie loo-a-like saying what day it is to help us. Men could arrive today Toad😥

The linkimals still to arrive are a sloth and a moose! I antibac'd the flippers too on the Pengie🐧 yes for a bit of soft sensory i expect. If we could do video I'd have played him to you!

Well have a good day I hope no more injuries!

more bleerios!

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,093

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I thought yesterday we have things to help us but you have to help them like the washing machine you have to put the washing in and out. And your body you have to dress it and feed it. When I’ve moved things around I’ve thought no I like them has they were so they go back. The grass is slowing down less cutting. Have a good day.

Toni (()) Poor Sleek the injection helps her but she has to get there to have it. Maisie could be home at the end of the week. Have a good day Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Happy Birthday if it’s today or if it’s gone love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you today?

Mum is ok thanks bs - wise

But we’re all really shattered even LA

I’m in a stuffy hot room and it’s ablutions time

Avoided it as much as poss - but had gluco - zade

Bye for now tc xx

Ps funny note xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

I agree, like phones, you have to charge them and change their nappies lol

I may have got a slight cold but mum and I are generally ok 👍

Thanks so much for the wishes- birthday may or not have occurred lol, but it was celebrated yesterday and I even ate cake with breakfast today oh dear

Have a great afternoon Joan tc xx

Ps some cake for everyone xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you this evening?

Mum and I are feeling slightly ookey actually

I’ve got a headache on the left side of my head at times, accompanied by a toothache on the same side, but it’s not a normal toothache, more like I’ve caught a cold, mum has something similar but a bit worse, I think I’ll be ok to go to the cinema tomorrow with LA, I’ll have paracetamol tonight, I just hope mum is too, the problem is mum is so tough and stubborn she may well push herself to go when she’s not feeling well, oh well I can’t do much about that

Secret birthday, well if I give too many details out it won’t be a secret lol, but it was officially celebrated yesterday

There’s a veritable mountain of cake in the fridge- please can I email you some Victoria sponge cake?🧁

LA had a starter of biscuits before his blearios - what a naughty character

Presents - sis gave me some “coddie” shop stuff and a bag

Mum gave me some clothes

BR gave me some apples from our garden and loads of cardboard folded shapes and he drew 2 cards on the why? - pad bless him

LA gave a card and a kind of pink heart shaped ornament- he wrote in the card “we hop you hav a nice day”, how very cute.
    In yesterday’s “Reshmi dance”, BR wore my slippers when dancing.

Ok feeling a little bit ookey so I’ll stop there
    bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps bill looking glamorous lol xx

• toady

Hi all 👋 workmen early tomorrow morning 😬😱😬 I shall be cleaning til cockcrow and probably sleeping in my clothes 😂. Wish me luck, well I know you will, see you on the other side 👍️.

'Hop' you hav a nice day yourselves 🐰😘 love to everyone xx

• bosh

Good luck toady

Goodnight tc xx

Ps Medusa had too much gluco - zade lol xx

• bosh

good morning everyone wppl xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan hope you are well today and the dogs. Pepper will soon have the all-clear I hope. Poor Maisie she has had a tough time bless her. Yes Sleek's jabs do definitely help, but unfortunately she hates going to the vets full stop. She yowls all the way there from the minute she gets in her carrier. Everyone at the vets liked her new cat carrier though. Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Hope you are well and that weird ache/pain has gone for both you and your Mum you need to be on top form for an LA visit really.

Ok so you celebrated your birthday the day before yesterday and the house is full of cake awwww😊 I think you ought to have two birthdays like the Queen used to one 'real' and one 'official' so we can celebrate here. You can chose any date you like then. Not too close to the real one or you'd be caked out!

I love your presents from the boys they are totally adorable especially the cardboard shapes and your own apples!

I think BR actually was Mima when he did the Mima dance. If he was wearing the slippers he definitely felt like you😍

Well I must say BIL did look rather lovely in his dress very glam was he off somewhere special?😁

Auntie Toni says that small boys really should manage just blearios for breakfast😉 a biscuit starter may well be his father's standard breakfast of course when you think about it.

The cinema today it is! What are you going to see? I hope you and your Mum feel up to it. Your Dad will no doubt take you there but get out of watching the actual film? Hopefully it will be a Maccies afterwards save your Mum cooking. Even if it is really not the healthiest option.

Take care Reshmi ((())) xxx

PS made you a tiny cake for us to eat here not a single calorie in it I promise

Morning Toady

Sleek is on her way in her overalls ready to support you. I believe she nipped over last night too to help with last minute cleaning. Gosh her arthritis jab worked super-quick didn't it? That was money well-spent☺️

I will be thinking of you today Toad I do hope it's a one-day job? Please tell me it is not several?🤞 I know it's awful but at least now it's started it will be done and dusted soon. Once the dreaded day arrives there's less worry and dream about and absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I have sent some biscuits with her and extra strong torture T bags. Some chocolate fingers which are just for you and she to share to keep you going.

Take care and good luck ((()))

Slightly healthier breakfast for LA and everyone to try!

• bosh
    edited 28. Aug 2024, 08:01

hi Toni

How are you today?

I have never been so tired in my life,

Exaggeration, but not much of one lol

Odd aches have gone, so far at least

mum is ok 👍

Off to the cinema soon

No McDs

Bur we’re going out to eat out tomorrow

Please email me matchsticks so that I can prop my eyelids open

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps Maibowle cream cake - a kind of Wiccan cake apparently xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Maisie could be home at the end of the week

Toady (()) I hope the workmen turn up and they do a good job has quick as they can with not too many tea breaks. Have a good day if you can. Good luck.

Toni (()) that’s good Sleek has had her injection I bet the month’s come around quick. Yesterday I saw a pink mini with a black roof it looked good. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) don’t worry I’ve had that it’s where the cold gets in your ear and goes down the nerve to your teeth so they both ache. It’s called Neuralgia. I have it I used to put cotton wool in my ear that stopped it. Love to your mum (()) I hope she feels better soon.

Sandee (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Hi all 👋 so far so good 😬 on time, very good very quiet, never hardly want tea etc these lot so they're no trouble. As long as the work is ok! 🤞🤞here's hoping. Thanks for the moral support just a pitstop, back later 😘 xx

• frogmorton

Reshmi I'm sure Tom will let you have his when he's finished with them…..!!!!

Toady that is great😊 I'm so pleased so far so good eh? I hope they arrived early 8.30 and go at 4.30 so yu get the house back🤞

• bosh

Greetings toady Toni and Joan

How are you all?

I was very close to sleep in the cinema

LA watched and really enjoyed giant animated cockroaches lol

Thanks Joan, it was headache rather than earache but I’ll try the neuralgia - related cotton wool 🙏

Toni thanks for T’s matchsticks lol

Toady glad the builders are behaving and not requesting posh soft drinks haha

I penned a few lines yesterday - some more cake breadcrumbs, actually let’s call them “vegan nugget breadcrumbs”, need to start getting healthy sometime haha

“I went to Cost A Packet

It was cold and somehow hot

But I was lured by sweet tea, vegan and delicious fresh from the pot

No littleys trying to grab my hot drink and scream

Because they saw Mima eating blearios with Gorgonzola in a very bad dream”

I’m in toady’s cracker van I’m afraid, ladies

Tomorrow LA is still here, i didn’t realise that before,

We are eating out, sort of pub food / family friendly restaurant - nice yummy things like fish and chips,

Although I am in danger of turning into a chip lol

Toni thanks for the little cake 👍

good night everyone tc xx

Ps nice pic of toady in one of her male regenerations lol - no need to worry about cutting that hair now 😂

Good night everyone tc xx

• toady

Hi all - well it's a case of 'yeah but no but' frog, yes early start & finish, but no to finishing in one day 😣 things overran their estimate a bit so (I suppose) I would rather they came back & took their time on a careful job. Luckily will probably be afternoon praise be. More news tomorrow 👍 oh btw as well as it being HAH yesterday I managed to have it be my injection day today as well, clever me 🙄 I had Sleek's heartfelt sympathy over that of course. There were only light cleaning jobs to do this morning so she I only gave her some dainty dusting 😽. Have a good day yourself:) xx

Thank you Joan all well so far they were on time and no teabreaks at all 😮 hopefully will finish tomorrow but that wasn't definite it has to be confirmed🤞. Have a good day will catch up properly soon :) xx

Night bosh, glad the cockroaches were fun for all the family as they say or the intended audience anyway, I think nearly sleeping doesn't sound such a bad idea to me, hopefully littleys don't have nightmares only ones about blearios & gorgonzola although neither would be your dream of choice would it 😬. Peace & quiet in Cost a Packet would be much more like it I will try and work them into mine tonight. Have a good day tomorrow and enjoy the nice meal, I will catch up properly after the workmen finally go or my next regeneration whichever is the sooner 😂 great knitted Tenth Doctor I'd know that Barnet anywhere 👍. Take care 👋 :) xx

• bosh

good morning Toni wppl xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan hopefully Maisie will get home tomorrow I really do hope so. Are the pups with her at the vets or at home? Have you seen photos of them being bottle fed it sounds adorable.

A pink mini with a black hood? Sounds very pretty I'd like that. Is it today that Pepper has his stitches out? If so best of luck🤞 Yes the month flies by and before I know it it's Sleek's injection again. She is a good girl the vets all love her and the nurses and receptionist too.

Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you and your Mum today?

Oh dear me I read the poem….LA is still there and you thought you'd be resting by now?! It won't be long I'm sure well I hope until peace is restored.

Did you really get a short bit of respite at costa packet? If so I hope it helped child free for a while adults only and civilised vegan tea😊

What on earth was the film?😯 Were the coak-roaches friendly? I often fall asleep in the pictures especially if the film isn't really my thing so I get that. Tom's matchsticks did they help at all? The only problem with sleeping in the cinema is your neck it will set off your neck so be careful!

How adorable is that knitted tardis. I had no idea Toady had had short hair in one of her previous regenerations bless her🤭

Well enjoy today - possibly the last day with your little visitor? Get him to read you a nice book so you can go to sleep😉

Take care Reshmi ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Sleek reckons not enough sweeping under rigs or something? She said the workmen were lovely but they were a bit messy and she had to clean up after them. 'The dust getz evreware' apparently.

I am glad they are doing a good job to be fair that's what we need we don't want them coming back do we?!!!!!😣

HAH and your own jab! Sleek told me she sat you down with a cup of tea and a biscuit afterwards and put a soothing damp cloth on your head and your feet up. Hope you coped? She was going to phone Tommy over again, but luckily he had a first aid training day on. You got off light there. Did she spray you with feliway too? Sorry if she did. Not sure cat pheromones help hoomans really.

Take care Toady hope you day ends really well a lighter purse maybe but a job well done too😊

A quick wave to anyone else who pops by👋

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I hope you will be pleased with the work when the workmen have finished. You will sit down and think that’s done I can have a cup of tea in the quiet. Have a good day.

Toni (()) Maisie’s pups are at home they can’t be with her. Her milk has been dried up because of the gangarine. I haven’t heard yet when she’s going home. Yes the Mini did look good. Pepper has his stitches out on Monday. Have a good day love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good the little ones enjoyed the cinema. Have a good day enjoy the meal love to your mum (())

Sandee (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning Toni toady and Joan

How are you all?

It was animated cockroaches, so not that scary

Mums ok 👍

LA wanted a whole bakery of cheese sandwiches this morning

So I distracted him by telling him about the time when BB ate all my blearios and then I had resort to walking on the pavement and scooping up snails for breakfast with my long and exceedingly ookey reptilian tongue, it made him laugh

Lovely walk this morning, cold and crisp outside but not quite winter hat weather

Yes I sneaked to cost a packet Tuesday morning

LA did his gorilla dance in the garden yesterday

He wasn’t going to get dressed or brush his teeth today, it took a reprimand from his all - powerful mummy on the phone to get him to listen - very naughty indeed.

It was takeaway McDs yesterday- so no hassles of queuing in the restaurant etc 👍

I hope Sleek’s injection goes well

You hit the nail on the head there - I’m very much caked out lol

LA is however of course a bottomless pit for anything sweet

Ok I’ll stop for now

Bye Toni tc xx

👋 Joan

Thanks, about cinema etc 🙏

I’m feeling better thanks, don’t think it was neuralgia in my case but thanks for the advice

👋 toady

Glad you liked the new haircut lol

And that the builders are more or less behaving

bye for now everyone tc xx

Ps bills doing some work, oh well at least he’s cooking his own breakfast 😂xx

• bosh

good afternoon Toni

Report from the front line here

LA has just about left

That lovable tiny tyrant

I had gone the whole day without the gluco - zade

But mum woke me up for no reason, she knew I was sleeping and I really felt horrific so had some just now

My goodness, meal was heavy but nice thanks

I had chicken, mushrooms, treacle sponge pudding etc👍

Another subject now

Toni remember when I was mentally unwell and had feelings of hyper…( well you know what I mean)? obviously don’t want into detail on here

Well nothing like that thank G**, but I have the totm - related and / or premenopausal type feelings now, nothing I can’t control, but it’s so weird isn’t it, this change of life stuff etc? Plus totm went on forever, so I was weak for ages, also not feeling myself - anyway just wanted to mention it really, I know can do anything about this, I just sometimes wished I lived in a family where people talked openly about these kinds of women’s issues, my sister has always been very stuck up and stuffy, love her though I undoubtedly do🤷‍♀️

LA had such a big portion of ice cream he couldn’t finish it, even though he took a break in his eating to gather gastric energy or something lol

Ok bye for now tc xx

Ps me trying to grab some “me time” whilst putting the bins out xx