Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,702

hi young at heart toady

How are you today?

Bit an ooky day for me all round unfortunately

Builders condescended to appear

They put the heating on to test it

I injected our difficult friend mxt, actually injected myself three times with the same syringe as I’m not sure if “took” as it were, then decided there wasn’t any point in making myself into a pin cushion, so left it there 🤷‍♀️

So was sleeping and confined to one room for most of the day

Did quickly walk in the morning, but overdid chocolate consumption as I wasn’t allowed to access the fridge due to builders’ situation

No shower either
    I do so hate that when it’s been a sweaty kind of day and no shower is permitted for whatever reason

LA liked the start to the new school year, he liked the English lesson in particular and he said he had the most delicious lunch of gammon, bless him lol.

One of the builders kindly received my parcel of “posh” leather gloves and didn’t sell them on nosegay, so good for him, he wasn’t the main guy who lies a lot about why he’s often lies about why he’s absent, he was a humble salt of the earth subordinate, a plebeian, member of the proletariat, a man of the people, ok this is bosh - ian licence, as you well know lol, it’s just been such a boring day. The boss comes out with most unbelievable lies sometimes, once I’m sure he said he couldn’t work because he had some mild hay fever, I did tell him not to stuff his nose full of elderflowers in toady’s garden, but he threatened me with a rather ferocious looking lawnmower- oh dear 😂

This is the poem i wrote before

Poem for VC called “Cheering Up”
    Sometimes my notes get thoroughly lost, I’m afraid
    But we persevere even when life is yet more dull plaid
    Than a hot bright colour that “pops”
    You can be semi - cheered up by a trip to the shops
    Or a journey outside to eat your favourite meal
    Whether it’s veggie, vegan or Bill’s rather pretentious Wiener - Schnitzel- made of the costliest veal

Ok bye toady have a good night tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,359
    edited 5. Sep 2024, 22:09

Night all from 'slightly less young at heart than I was a week ago' toady, workmen have been & gone on this dark chilly day, so different from last time 😔 but not raining so that's all you can say. Work ok (although in a life imitates art way, there are things I actually do think Sleek and I could have done better; will be tidying up certain elements & doing finishing touches, so tell her not to put away her toolkit quite yet frog 😉). Charley is ok I trust but that is a long time to be stuck 😣 I hope the lady is alright too, no doubt not in a hurry to get in one again but unavoidable I imagine 😕. Will be sleeping the last couple of weeks off over the next few days but will totter in here for tea not too long hence all being well 👍️. Have a good Friday it looks rather nice, which is more than I can say for the sudden drop to 15 degrees that is looming up on us 🙄. Best of luck for Goodwood and the motorhome and all its fixtures & appliances 😬. Love to all xx

Hello Joan work all done thank you, shan't be booking anything else in a hurry, well I need to have the boiler serviced etc but that chap is a gem in comparison. I noticed the people got their invoice in a lot quicker than they could manage to phone people & let them know if they're coming or not.. 😉. Yes quite agree buying online is difficult, I'm looking for a new mattress protector for example and a lot say they are cotton then you look at the label in the picture and it says polyester. And pictures of items are glossed up to look nicer. Have a good day tomorrow it should be sunny at least :) xx

Hi bosh I love the poem 😊 and that line 'semi-cheered up by a trip to the shops' I really liked how very true & very expressive. Sorry about your builders the boss sounds a definite type 🤨 but glad at least one is a nice straightforward sort, I'm not sure the salt of the earth is the best expression these days, the people it applies to seem to be thinner on the ground than might be hoped maybe the saffron of the earth?! At least mine have gone thank goodness I hope hot water and order will be restored asap for you🤞. Have a square of choc for me I'm a bit short at the mo 😱 must rectify this when I next get to the shops 🍫. Sorry about the mxt is it worse to deal with than before they changed it do you think? 🤔 Hope you have an ok day as poss after it and glad LA liked his English lesson, there will be some mima influence in there somewhere ✌️. More chat soon :) xx btw yes to that 'good use' for lemons 😂

Night all 😘 xx

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,789
    edited 6. Sep 2024, 06:16

Hi Joan I totally agree two fishcakes are too many for anyone except maybe Reshmi's brother in law who might eat 4 (packets!!!)

We're here at Goodwood and gosh it's wet raining now well pouring mud everywhere.

Charley did sing to the lady to try to take her mind off it! She sang In the Jungle

Which we used to sing to Lucy when she had methotrexate in her spine😊

Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi from your friend knee deep in mud and rain somewhere in Chichester.....woe

Hope mtx went OK and you and your Mum are both well today.

I understand now BIL can morph so he gers extra food supplies, into anything he wants. Well maybe he'd like to morph into a duck and take some photos here. It's wet enough!

Wahay the builders arrived! No shower though at least one very delayed😒

Will check in a mo whether Our friend Toad's builders also turned up with or without their own thermos flasks. They'd better have done.

I wonder at the moment whether you did write any more lines of poetry?

We got soaked yesterday when we got here so one pair of boots are out of action already and we're here till Sunday! The downside of being vegan is non leather....not so waterproof. Mind Paul's we're leather but he ruined a pair too.

We'll have trench foot before the weekend is out. Still our lovely food vendor is there again who sells vegan food. I'm going to have porridge for lunch! Or stay in the dry in the motorhome and have toast!!!

Take care and stay dry! ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Oh dear me but it's wet here. How could I let myself get talked into this?!!!!

I'm so glad the job is done and not yet dusted. Sleek is come over to help with the finishing touches. She says she's just glad they've been and gone! Oh yes and agrees she and you could have done it a good bit better🐱

Anyway it's over.

Not great here I was just saying to Reshmi I think if I don't have trench food by the end of the weekend it will be a miracle! Gish its wet. Mud everywhere and most people won't arrive till today even tomorrow!

I've seen a little friend for Penelope

Hope you can see it. My parents had one when they first married!

Take care and get the kettle on for me!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,090

Good morning everyone

My neighbour had an appointment with the Diabetic nurse this morning she said to him you are fat you need to loose weight you have to have 3 meals a day no sugar. I said to him how many spoon full’s do you have he said 3 spoon fulls in each mug I have 4 mugs a day. I phoned the Doctor’s to see if he had the results of my MRI he said you have wear and tear of your spine that’s why you have the pain in your legs. I thought that is good to know..

Toady (()) that’s good your workmen have been and gone.. we had thunder and lightning this morning. Do you have a sign of your new neighbour yet. Have a good day. Yes a lot of things have polyester in them.

Toni that’s a lovely little car thank you for the photo. If you hadn’t gone there you would not have seen little car. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day. Have the workmen finished now. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 6. Sep 2024, 13:51

hi Toni

How are you?

Sorry you’re knee - deep in mud

Yes bill has many incarnations lol

Mums ok 👍

I’m feeling a lot better today thanks

Builders said they’re returning tomorrow

Dads friend came out of hospital today 🎉

I wrote the little poem in a message to toady yesterday, it’s called “cheering up”

LA was a good boy all day yesterday apart from in the after - school club where he was given a “time - out” because L and LA splashed in the mud like pigs lol 🐷

And even splashed some members of the fairer / superior s** haha

I told LA this is no way to show his affection,

If he saves up his chocolate pennies for a years he can buy them h**a hoop rings - as long as he’s had his lunch 😂

Ok just a quick message

More later hopefully

Bye for now Toni - stay dry and eat toast 🍞🍞 - tc xx

ps the ultimate badge for us lol xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you today?
    builders finished for now but returning tomorrow

Mums ok 👍

I’m not too bad 🙏

Have a good afternoon tc xx

Ps pic of bill before and after eating Toni’s toasts lol xx

• bosh

hi toady

Sorry you’re slightly less young at heart and had a dark and chilly day

I think the mxt is working better on the whole at the current dosage so that’s the main thing thanks 👍

Saffron of the earth- I like that

Thanks about the poem

I seem to have inadvertently started a debate on fb about whether curly fries are better than straight fries or not lol,
    well at least it made some people laugh

My sis did a degree in English- and Latin too btw how JA - like lol - so I think she’s the main influence on LA there, but thanks for saying so

Good evening toady tc xx

Ps I’m not sure what the funny pic exactly

But JA will no doubt be turning in her royal cheddar cheese soup which presumably contains potatoes in non - emoji form lol xx

• toady

Hi all 👋

Quite tired after yesterday but ok, hope everyone has had as a good day as poss. So nice here frog I can hardly believe it was so horrid for you 😮 did any of this sun ever make it over to you? Hope so, tomorrow looks not awful, Sunday is going to be a bit of a stinker by the looks 😱 BUT then some ok bits again thankfully, though not as warm etc. Anyway it being so nice today, and what with Sleek having been abandon-erated, we put in a very good days' work indeed on the 'snagging' as we professionals call it. The upside of people not doing a tiptop job is you get a feeling of superiority if nothing else. Sorry lads, I own you at workmanship 😉😂. Everything else ok here, chaos is restored haha, feet up and tea and custard creams for us in peace & quiet 👍️. Kettle on for you too of course ☕️ and for flask refills if required. Do hope you can stave off the trench foot and have a nice weekend 🤞lovely car! 😊 yes pic displays fine. For sale you say, nice for someone. Take care both :) xx

Hello Joan, it felt thundery for a while this evening but didn't come to anything, I wasn't sure if there was a rumble or two or it was people still bringing bins in, it always fools me 😄. Your poor neighbour he will find it hard cutting down from that many sugars 😮 I can't even imagine what four would taste like in tea 😱. No, no sign of any neighbours it hasn't sold as far as I know, occasionally people come in but they seem to be different ones, I wonder if they're viewing but they don't have anyone with them. Would people be allowed to look around alone? surely not 🤔. Thank you it's so good to have got shot of the workmen 😊 it was that week of delay that got to me, if it was over last week it would have been ok. The workmen never had a single cup of tea by the way 😮. Have a good weekend take care :) xx

Hi bosh, glad to hear the mxt is working well, yes that is the main thing 👍️. Builders on Saturday, oh no, just when you think it's safe to go back in the water 🦈 well to turn it on and have a shower, anyway. Hope that side of things is less disruptive by this point. I've never had a curly fry! not even one, singular! how sad, I will have to sit out the debate 🍿 glad it amused people 😊. I don't think anything I've ever done involving potatoes has warranted a rapturous look like that 😂 I did cook some today as part of a chucked together omelettey type thing but it was not the stuff of literature. Nice and quiet here today and such a better day I am almost my old toady self again thank you 😉😊 and got a few things done. Going off to bed to listen to the radio now 👍️ have a good weekend hope your mum is well at the mo 🤞:) xx

Take care all have a good weekend 😘 xx

• frogmorton

View from outside our habitation door....erm to us normal people the door! Paul thinks we should go home today not wait for others to start to leave and make ot worse.

Joan hope you are well? Right so you know what the issue is it's your back. I am sorry so what's the plan? Is there anything they can do? At least you know what it us I suppose.....

Sending some ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Hope you and your Mum are OK today.

Aha LA no! You have mud too! Listen I could quite happily have splashed the stewards here letting it rain like this , but no LA we must restrain ourselves!

We had wall to wall sunshine at home🤣🤣🤣

Very good news your Dad's friend is home now he can recover better there I'm sure.

Great poem I found it! Made me smile as they usually do thank you.

Curly fries? Oh yes very very nice indeed. I had some crinkly ones yesterday here. A stall selling battered tempura cauliflower. It was yum eith a capital Y! I even went back to thank them. They were really chuffed.

I'm so glad BIL enjoyed my toast in another of his manifestations!!!

Take care and stay dry.... please cross fingers we get home/off this site in one piece if we try today.

((())) xxx

Morning Toady

I know you had sunshine yesterday everyone is telling me at home. The foster babies were even in the outside pool!!

Sleek was also calling it snagging! She reckoned your definitely nailed the workmen in her professional opinion!Dead proud of you both she is. She face-timed last night on catsapp here is a screenshot

Did we see any blue sky? Erm yes briefly

Just before it started raining again.

I am genuinely fearful as to how we will get off this site. Paul wants to try this afternoon (a few motorhomes are already banked) as that will be after the longest dry spell. Tomorrow our original plan Is likely to be worse as rain due overnight again today.

Better eat I think before venturing out again.

Byeeeee!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

I’m having a problem getting on here again

Toad (()) No I thought a person would have to be there from the estate agency because they would have the keys. Have a good day. I don’t think my neighbour will try very hard. He asked me if I wanted to go to him for Christmas. He comes every day he would get any shopping I wanted so I can’t tell him what to do.

Toni (()) yes that looks bad with so many motor homes there you stand more chance not getting stuck the sooner you go than later. Good luck. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Sorry you have the builder’s today. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

Ps bill in his old job xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Did you stay dry and eat toast in the end?

Mums ok bs - wise 👍

But in the night she had a terrible nightmare and was screaming a lot, she doesn’t remember what it was about but she said I am the source of all her problems,

I know she doesn’t mean this, but I get upset when she’s like this.

I’m ok generally though thanks

thanks about dads friend

Mum makes something similar to tempura cauliflowers sometimes - very yummy I agree

Wall to wall sunshine 😂

Ok I’ll stop for now ablutions

Bye fir now Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you today?

Sorry you’re having a problem getting on here

Mums ok now 👍

I’m also ok thanks

I got it wrong about the builders

They’ve finished now, which is great, I had a nice shower 🌧️

Have a good evening and take care xx

Ps I’m doing a chocolate survey - what’s your favourite type of chocolate? Which chocolate do you dislike? Xx

• bosh

👋 toady and Toni

Don’t worry I am sending proper messages, I’m just doing things methodically lol

This is a poem I wrote today 🙏

It’s called ‘A Brave Encounter with The Upper Class Makeup Counter’

The sophisticated makeup counter attracted me with its bright colours and lights
    Every conceivable colour of nail polish and perfectly matched foundation - such lovely sights
    But the woman selling cosmetics looked down her nose at me
    I heard her thoughts, “ When did you last get your hair styled? Is that supermarket jewellery I see?”
    But one day I gathered my courage, straightened my head and resolutely strode up to the till
    The makeup lady is ok the verge of saying, “Are you sure you’re in the right place? Are you sure you’re not feeling ill?”
    But I look her fearlessly straight in the eyes
    And say, “ I know about matching rare discontinued shades - does that come as a surprise?”
    Because although I like books and even ramble on about Balzac periodically
    Every woman likes to look nice and to treat herself to “posh” makeup, the shades of which she’s learned methodically

• bosh

hi toady

How are you tonight?

Glad you’re almost your old toady self

Don’t worry my potato- preparations are also not the stuff of literature

Made a mistake about builders, they’ve finished here thank goodness

I was able to nap at the right time 🕰️

So that was great, slept through the noise of the cleaners who sing while they work by the way 😱

Pretty loudly - it was like a midlands music festival over here lol

Still, can’t say I blame them, can’t be the most thrilling job in the world

BR has taught all his male baby friends to say “ hello my friend” to everyone- from carers to mummies- oh dear

Great educator or aspiring male JA in toddler form?
    You decide haha.

Ok I hope you have a good night toady take care xx

Ps I’ve got enough R Brek to feed the whole cafe if not the universe ( sorry for the exaggeration- that’s my Pokémon side coming out haha)

Ok it’s too late to find a really appropriate meme, but this is modern cappuccino - stirring etiquette- just don’t tell that bill lol xx

• toady

Hi all 👋 rain stops play, well has been mucking around with my internet again 🙄 so just to say if I'm not in tomorrow it may well be that as we have buckets forecast overnight 😕 but hopefully will be able to get in at some point. Love to all & hope frog made or will make it home without problems🤞see you soon xx

• frogmorton
    edited 8. Sep 2024, 06:02

We're home we got a tow out last night about 8pm. No way were we leaving it any longer or attempting to get out on our own. We watched too many others getting stuck. The risk to our van as well as if we hit anyone else's was too high. We timed it just right. The tow driver was just knocking off when we went to have a chat about plans to help us all. He had already towed out 26 others on our campsite (about 500 vehicles on this campsite and we were campsite H so just think what will be happening later today!) most he had to rescue. We did not even attempt to get off ourselves the trenches were so deep. More rain was due in from 9pm last night until 6am this morning so it will only have got worse.

I know we lost a night and tomorrow's racing but I think they will be waiting hours for rescue come later on today.

I think the rain has followed us home so sorry everyone.😳

Morning Joan I hope you and the dogs are well? Thank you we are safely home the tow driver was amazing I mean his tiny little 4x4 towed out our 3.5 tine motorhome smooth as anything!

Sleek was so surprised to see us and playful (not what i wanted at midnight - just to clean my teeth and get into bed!) thrilled to see us. I had a lovely cuddle with her purrs so loud and gave her some treats.

Have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you this delightful day? Your Mum too of course. No she did not mean what she said, but I suspect she will worry about you after all you have been really really poorly in the past. Us Mums worry about our children I worry about Lucy a lot. No doubt I still will when she's 50 or 60 even! The other two as well and now a Grandbaby.

Now I know where those maccie D's apple pies come from that explains the 3rd degree burns😂

As you can see we are safely home I am so relieved tired of course as I was very late to bed, but I can catch up. Mud and soaked clothes to wash today along with making a start of cleaning out our poor motorhome.

Loved the poem about the posh make-up counters! Gosh how right you are! They are so snooty those staff! Spot on that poem something most of us have experienced. 😁

My lunch yesterday were frickles. Yes Paul had fish and chips the vegan option were frickles! Deep fried battered gherkins! They were lovely! They really made an effort this year with vegan food. You are so lucky your Mum makes a version of the tempura cauliflower😋 She is really an excellent cook isn't she?

That poor dog's face watching his toy get a wash🤣

I see the cleaners are recreating music festivals at yours without the mud though I hope?

Can they nip over to help me with the motorhome please?

Thanks have a good day 'My friend' ((())) xxx

Morning Toady gosh gosh we had the same with the TV in the motorhome, wouldn't tune in and Paul with his mobile. Mine was ok - different network. Also we have DVDs to watch anyway so were fine in the evenings.

As you can see and Sleek no doubt already messaged you on catsapp we arrived home extremely late last night so happy to be here.

Going to rain all day, but I think I just don't mind! No gardening for me I just need a shower and hair-wash. I shower in the motorhome but missed last night's. When we got home all I wanted to go was hug my cat, clean my teeth and get into bed!

It was like Glastonbury there and those poor people trying to get off the sites today will be waiting hours bless them.

That was me being super selfish sorry! Fingers and paws crossed that you can get online at some point today🤞🐈️ If not just sit down feet up and take it easy!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) sorry about your internet I hope it works today. We have the sun today so far.

Toni (()) have you seen the Sleek small camper van. Yes you did the right thing getting out when you did. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (())) have a good day and your mum (()) she works hard

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Mum had an almost hypo unfortunately

But she’s feeling a lot better now 👍

I’m ok thanks

Yes I understand, mums naturally worry 🤗

Yes it seems McD’s apple pie filling is manufactured on my premises 😱

Glad you’re safely home and will be able to rest properly in time

The cat (sorry Sleek - no offence intended) aka BB is away, buying reduced Marrots or whatever 🤷‍♀️

So I the mouse am seizing the day, or the bathroom anyway, lol, for ablutions

LA had just attended a birthday soirée by the way, I know the other Toni once (allegedly) said let them eat cake, but he’s taken this too literally I feel haha

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps another badge for us xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Mum and I are ok thanks

Yes she does indeed work hard 🙏

Have a good night tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady

Sorry about your internet

Here’s a sympathetic cracker for you, Im not sure who’s been crocheting it though, rest assured it’s not Toni 🤥

Good night toady tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning!

Hi Joan I have seen some totally adorable little campers but is there one called Sleek?!!! See this cute retro caravan which was on our campsite

This was on the first day i think when the mud wasn't too churned up. I have to say though even though the weather was terrible the staff were all brilliant. Still smiling whatever rain was chucking down. Paul says the showers and loos on site were always clean too. Hope you are all nice and dry no rain? I've had the washing nachine and unfortunately the dryer on all day with all out muddy clothes to get done🙄 ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Gosh hope your mum's bs is better today and stays that way too. You as well how are you doing?

Absolutely while that cat (Sleek understood and was not offended) was out purchasing bargain marrots the cat indeed must enjoy a peaceful shower. The one in the motorhome is fabulous, but nothing like my new one here now it's been done. I was straight in there yesterday morning too😊

Partying again was he our LA? Honestly his social life it's non-stop isn't it? You can reassure your sister that it does ease up in time. They stop getting invited to parties as a whole class when they get a bit older. Annoying at this stage though you seem to be constantly buying pressies for children whose name you've never really heard of.

Loved that idea 'not friendly' Yes I'll try that one. We need to wear yellow too yellow is the sign of a nervous animal which might bite or at least shout very loudly…

Sorry about crocheting your cracker i thought it would make the cheese look prettier?

Craft group in the village today we are decorating gift bags. I'll show you a pic later maybe.

Right better get dressed I think. Have a good day if you can. I am going to sort me out one of those badges😁((())) xxx

Morning Toady I am so sorry it looks as though your connectivity is proving somewhat challenging ATM. I hope you are coping ok and not got too much going on on nosegay.

On that subject what about this retro stall at Goodwood?

Not actually selling tobacco products no just cuppas.

The weather here has been raining since i got back Sleek is fuming glad to use her en suite facilities too bless her. She has booked a catsi to come over today so you'll have some furry company.

Hope your day is an improvement on the last couple.((()))

• bosh

good morning Toni

Physio today

Wppl xx

Ps knitted volcano lol xx