Val's Cafe

1150515061507150815091511»

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,093

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Do you think you will have a new neighbour soon. I hope doesn’t have a cat. We have a nice sunny week. Sorry you had rain. Have a good day

Toni (()) I’m sorry your arm is still giving you pain (()) sorry you had rain we have had warm weather since last week. Friday will be colder. Barbara said she’s been waiting since January for a white stick. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you and your mum (()) don’t need your Dad’s cold. Have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,708

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

My morning started off a bit ookey

As it’s totm time again 🤢🤢

Had some gluco - zade

Which helped my energy levels but not my mood

Don’t worry no peri menopausal type excitement

But just feeling a bit of low mood

Not so bad now thanks

But I think today it’s vital I keep busy and use the energy before it’s gone

Mums ok now👍

L’ s party went well

Full message to follow hopefully

👋 Joan and toady

Well ovedue ablutions time

Bye tc xx

• bosh
    edited 16. Sep 2024, 14:01

sorry pressed wrong button lol

But Toni did you see LA’s artwork from yesterday?

Xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,363

Hi all 😊 what a very very nice day.

Yes how right you were frog, spot on, Sleek & I have made the bed up this very day 😺 she has pronounced herself more than 'catisfied' - I will see if I can take a couple of tiny moodboard-esque pics, seeing as it will never be this new & tidy again 😄. All her hard work was much appreciated 👍️ if needs be we can now bolt into the micro-hideyhole. The unsettling things, were that not only was someone next door which is bad enough, it was all very odd 🤔. Chap turned up Sat (never seen him before), opened a couple of windows, and went again. Then came back later to close them I assumed but no, creaked around indoors for a bit and then as far as I could tell slept over 😮 in what is an unfurnished house as far as I know. And not in the biggest room, which is further away, or the littlest one like mine, no, the one on the other side of the wall to me 😬 thank you Goldilocks 🙄. Yesterday, moved on to sitting in the garden smoking, facing my fence 🤷‍♀️ go figure. Went out for most of day, came back quite late and I presume stopped over again. Here today on & off. Current theories; airing house for owners; owner is letting random friends stay there if they've rowed with their wives; try before you buy (hope not!!). Updates as I get them! Hope your day has been good but v. sorry to hear the arm is playing up 😕 blah. Glad you got a walk in yesterday without rain. Love to all and hope things ok with everyone, take care 😘 xx

Hello Joan, yes the mattress men should have tapped, especially as such a big deal was made of explaining on the website how it worked, and how you would be kept closely informed, and all that, I expected this marvellous careful delivery system 🙄. Sorry about your tv too, not good it might be in the way as well. Or they should at least have told you what to expect. Lovely and sunny here today too 😊 have put washing out and done some bits & pieces. I can't see how the person next door can be the new owner but who knows 🤷‍♀️ if I had got pally with the current owners I'd get all the inside information, so that's my lookout I suppose 😄. Definitely didn't look like a cat person anyway! Have a good evening :) xx

Hi bosh, love the fairy rings 😊 so so pretty. I don't suppose I have fairies at the bottom of the garden but then again it's quite dense and overgrown there, so who knows, I just may never catch sight of them. I am just catching up with things like the arthritic ode 👍️ excellent, as is LAs artwork, what a good idea using Rubik's for drawing hints & tips 👍️ didn't think about that for some reason. I remember drawing books I used to have where you copied a pic onto the opposite page. Hope things not too bad with you today aside from asstd 'factors', and your mum's bs is steady. No new handbag yet but when I do I will be sure it has a suitable inside fork pocket as well as a cabbage section 😄 good idea. The odd person is still next door at the moment, opening & closing doors and whatnot, so here's a question, I've never shut a room door in my life - I mean yes bathroom doors or if there's a draught and I think something will bang, but not just every room every time I go in or out all day, is that strange? 🤔 Hmm. Have a good evening and I will take some knitted cake with my next cup of tea, there are things on al fresco with worse reviews than just 'a bit woolly' to be honest 😄. Bye for now 👋 :) xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh

hi everyone

Sorry just pretty shattered today

Even gluco - zade didn’t help as much as it should’ve done

Normal service will hopefully be resumed tomorrow lol

Goodnight everyone tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Morning Everyone ❤️

Joan how are you today?

I am doing my arm exercises properly again will do gof a couple of weeks then go back to physio.

poor Barbara that's so bad waiting since January 😢

Morning Reshmi oh dear me o am sorry you will be feeling rubbish atm😕 glucozade good idea. Hope at least your Mum is OK.

Low mood I knowis understandable but not fair at all I do sympathise. Just get through it. As Dreamdaisy used to say 'it will pass'. That's all you can do. Rest more and if you can try to get out for your walk.

My goodness me LA'S artwork gets better and better. Kari would be impressed!

Take care Reshmi today should be better ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Yes please a small pic of yours and Sleeks hard work would be lovely. I am sure it sounds more than catisfactory👍

What very very strange goings on next door though!

Surely not try before you buy....what age was the man? Their age? Maybe he has had relationship issues and is having respite🤔 All very odd. If it was his house though he could smoke inside so at least sounds temporary. Phew!!

Weather not so bad is it? Oootside again today at least for a while all being well.

Sleek said her glass against the wall did nothing he didn't talk to himself.....

Well take care Toad get sleuthing!

Kettle's on😊

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I hope your new neighbour is not one of those who comes and asks for a bowl of sugar. Have a good day. It is fine all week so they say just colder after Thursday.

Toni (()) Barbara said her husband is fitter than she is and he doesn’t have any vegetables. Have a good day. How is everyone. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni Joan and toady

How are you all?
    mums bs is ok

But dad isn’t well

V high blood pressure etc

Taxi is coming soon to take mum and dad to the hospital

Mum wants me to stay here

Bye for now tc xx

• toady

Oh dear, bosh 😧 sorry to hear, all the best, keep us posted will be popping in & out 😘🤞☕️ xx

• bosh

hi Joan Toni and toady

how are you all?

Dad is back home now thankfully

He had stomach issues and very high blood pressure

At the hospital the doctor said the stomach problem wasn’t serious and he needs to see GP about the blood pressure medicine

Mum said his pains started feel less when he was in the taxi on the way to hospital

I’m very tired - bad totm on top of everything else- but otherwise ok thanks so much

Have an ok night everyone bye for now tc xx

Ps fairy portal or something- that toady got inside my brain again lol xx

• toady

Hi all, just a quick hello - glad to hear things are more settled with you & family bosh.

Bit of a difficult day, didn't sleep well, and am now 99% certain next door has sold presumably to this person and (who knows how large) family. Worst case scenario for me tbh for various reasons so am feeling v stressed this evening 😔 yes I have one private boxroom but joking aside it's no way to live, will feel really inhibited in every other room and of course the garden. Sigh.

Hope everyone else ok today, back in due course if I haven't packed my red spotted hanky & set off for the wild blue yonder 👋 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Morning Joan. How are you today? I hope feeling OK and the dogs are well too.

Typical that Barbara does all the right things and her husband eats no veg but is the healthiest 🙄

His hips all recovered now then? That's good then he can help Barbara 😊 Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

I hope you are OK and totm is not too bad? What a horrible day for you yesterday.

Better really to have stayed at home but more worrying. I'm so glad it all turned out to be much less serious than it sounded. Although your Dad had better get to the Drs and sort out his high BP this week.

Poor man wouldn't wish thst on anyone.

I do hope you get to the group today you need some time just for yourself now Reshmi. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

I hope you're OK and sleeping alright with this stress.

Let's have everything crossed the man has no children and you don't have a trampoline next door.

Interesting he is alone so far. Makes me think it is a divorce situation possibly 🤔 especially no furniture or other family to be seen so far. What age roughly is he?

Sleek is looking for empty properties in our village. Shame you can't move next door here kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thinking of you very much and hoping he is a good quiet neighbour. You need to show your presence more stake your territory especially outside.

Take care Toad huge ((()))

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Having one man next door is better than a noisy family. Unless the others are moving in later. Have a good day. There is a spare bedroom here.

Toni (()) how are you. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry you had the worry of your Dad going up the hospital. That’s good he’s back home (()) love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund

Toni (())

Sorry to mention it but I’m worried because you haven’t mentioned Annie Charley and the baby (()) I’m sorry to say.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni Joan and toady

How are you all?

Thanks about dad

Mums ok

But she has kidney check up today

Went to group

But totm is still raging

Still so tired sorry

Need to shower

Bfn tc xx

• toady
    edited 18. Sep 2024, 16:23

Hi all, nice day, or it would be in other circs 🙄

I'm sure Joan is exactly right frog, this is the advance party for a family. I never had hopes of a single person they aren't single person houses, but there was still a decent chance of getting quiet people and/or no kids, think I'm going to get neither (excitable & loud on his mobile and slams doors for a startoff 😕). Age I don't know, 40s maybe. Unless he is divorced + kids I'm braced for the whole works. There will be no territory staking I'm afraid sorry 😳, (well unless he wants to start chopping boundary trees down & even then I don't put my money on me); I don't want to see or hear them and I don't want to be seen or heard, simple as. Gardening will be when they are out. Call it giving others the dominant hand but all I want is quiet having had my share of noise & annoyances & funny neighbours round here, nothing drastic in comparison to some ofc, but scaled down for one small sensitive poorly person it's been enough. Yes a quick flit next to you please, now is the time 😄 just have to wait and see now. I would certainly move given the chance but not practical unfortunately certainly not at short notice. Hope everything ok as poss with you and you have this nice weather today & tomorrow, bit nasty after that - buckets of rain over the weekend, I was hoping to see a friend I haven't met up with for 4 years 🙄. Enough moaning already? 😬 Take care love to all, sorry I'm a bit too strung out for proper chat atm; thanks for the hugs & good wishes maybe fate will still come up with a twist 🤷‍♀️ xx

Hello Joan bless you I will be ok here I expect, things could be so much worse I'm sure they won't be actually nasty neighbours like some have, and I'm not stuck in a mouldy flat or something, I do have options (sort of 😬) compared to some so ought not complain. I do think there will be family to follow though like you say you are spot on I think. Hope you have some sun tomorrow looks very nice 👍️ but then colder like you said and wet with it 😕. I tried to book my boilerman in to get it over with he is away all this week and part of next 🤷‍♀️ lucky I don't have a problem with it or anything. Thanks for the kind wishes love to you & the dogs 🐾 :) xx

Hi bosh glad things aren't too bad hope your mum's check up is/was ok and then your dad's GP sorts him out with suitable meds. Well done making it to group when it's not the bext time for you 👍️ hope you get a quiet couple of days now. Will pop in later for tea maybe if not I've gone through the fairy portal (I wish!) and far far away from anywhere peopley. Take care bye for now 👋 xx

• bosh

hi Toni Joan and toady

How are you all tonight?

Totm is still going strong

My back is aching a lot - due to totm

So I’ll resist the temptation to wax lyrical etc

Have a good night everyone and take care xx

Ps vampire nurses’ convention or something lol xx

• toady

Hope you have a good night bosh less back-achy tomorrow. Tea anytime I will probably be having one myself - I've just noticed I have the same tea tray as in your pic 😊 so I can serve up in matching style. xx