frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options

Kath line two

I bent down to smile and say...

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara it said on the news it would last 3 months let's hope its no longer ((((())))) love to everyone ((((())))

Yvonne it's nice seeing you((((())))

Kath that's nice you have help ((((())) love to Chris and Dawn Anita and your Dad (((((())))

the smile lit her face up but there was. Tears

Toni I'm so sorry (((((()))) Charley and girlfriend thinking of you (((((())))) love to everyone (((((()))))

Bill honking of you (((((()))))

. Take care

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Toni, I do hope they soon recover. At least they are in a safe place although you can't get near them. 😥

What the hecky pecky is a hazmat suit when it's at home? I'll go Google.

Coo, very scary. Sending ((((hugs))))

ET phone home.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options
  • Kitty
    Options

So, only 2 lines of OUR poem up to now. Perhaps all admin would like to join in.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Yvonne I am another that missed 11ses..
    I hope Toni wasnt on her own with all the bickies...glad you are used to working from home ..my neubour us doing the same and video calling xx
    Kath chocolate cake..just the job..I think this virus is bring the best out of people.. its lively that your neighbour has given you her phone num..xx
    Joan I hope you get sorted with your shopping..has long has you have food in ..they are saying get out in the fresh air so we are ..in the back garden...xx
    Toni i hope Charley and her Gf recover very soon..it must have been scary for them when they saw the people in suits..you just keep safe
    And thankyou for 11 see even if I was late..I had a call from the doctor.. and it went on a bit..
    Thankyou for the update on Bill..I am so glad he has somthing to occupy his mind...Mandy is struggling bless...I hope things pick up for her
    Just had a call from the nurse..the water sample we sent down show some infection..:(
    Right will leave you for now
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Kath we have two/3 lines Joan has added too.....

Thank you all for being so kind.  I have had to go out again this morning to pick up some more meds sent through for them to the pharmacy.  took some milk (had to go to 3 shops for this!!) and bread while I was at it and cat food for Rosie. They are coping ok I went to the gate after I put it all on the doorstep.

They both chatted from the doorway.  They still have raging temps, but feel better in themselves for having seen someone. Even if they were in a Hazmat suit

Like these only white.

Poor girls.  I really dread to think what Aidan would have said 😯

Paul will be back tonight - he's been away on site so he will have to do the fetching and carrying after that.  I can maybe put me first.  Charley was saying she will try to get out to me as soon as she's allowed and do my fetching and carrying bless her!

Right thinking of Aidan shall we have some chocolate cake?

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 20. Mar 2020, 21:51
    Options

Evening all

Hope you are all as well as possible . And those who are isolating hope it is going ok for you. Well I have reached day 4 isolation and am not climbing up the wall yet, what with phoning a couple of church ladies for mr t on Tuesday morning then the phone kept ringing with calls from family members.mr t popped to the church to collect his keyboard that is usually kept a church. He said he could not go 12 weeks without his music practice but he was only gone for about2 hrs as he had a quick emergency meeting with the church secretary at the church. Wednesday again calls on the telephone from youngest Gd checking if we were ok. Then youngest daughter. mr t and I spent the afternoon spring cleaning our bathroom two bags of rubbish the had built up in cupboards were chucked out. Today after video call from GS and kids and call from youngest daughter. We did. A spring clean of our bedroom.

at they moment in my family we have

mr t and myself isolating because of age and my asthma

youngest Daughter isolating for 7 to 10 days advised by dr due to increased asthma symptoms tightness in chest.

eldest GD due to Rubie having asthma to add to that. Schools now closed so she has them all at home.

Gs isolating 14 days advised by dr as Ashley and Kian have coughs but nothing more no temperature think they might just have colds as they both have a runny nose as well. Also Gs May have to do it for longer as he has also had pneumonia. And he has a reduced immune system. He is going to ask his drs advice

a cousin who was sent home yesterday showing sign of the virus also asthmatic I think.

had problems with my shopping delivery as it seems when I tried to edit my order it didn’t go through think it was they closed the app then the website and I was editing at the same time. But we will have to just have what we have got. Until next week. We still have food so that’s ok . I do have people lined up who are willing to shop for us as long as they are able.

I don’t know if it is happening where you are too but it is ridiculous how people are still emptying the shelves without a thought for anyone else. Both my daughter and youngest GD both work in Poundland and they have been working up to 12 hour shifts sometimes. and been abused by customers for taking time out for cleaning the tills. Every so often . They also have to wash their hands every 20 mins. in fact youngest Gd was sent home to rest because she had just had enough. Daughter said to me tonight it was worse than the Christmas rush.

phew that’s made me really tired reading that all back.

Toni sorry to hear about Charley and GF hope they recover soon.

leaving you with lots of love and sparkles and plenty of hugs ❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈🤗🤗🤗

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Gosh Carol!!  What on earth?!  I very much hope all of your family who are isolating for their various reasons do NOT have the virus.   Just goes to show how rapidly the need to isolate is spreading! It's lovely though how the family is pulling together to keep in touch and with your youngest daughter to actually help you 🙂 Is she going to stay with is going on? I know she is on her own it would surely be nice for her...though if she is in and out she might bring something in so forget my theory!

Thank you for all the sparkles love and hugs ((())) for you and a sanity pill just it😂

A quick wave to Joan I hope you and Sue are well and carers are too ((()))

Now shall I put the kettle on?

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toni I hope Charley and her friend soon feel better ((((())) love to you and Paul ((((()))) Lucy ((((())) Tia ((((()))

Carol you and Mr T take care ((((())) I hope everyone soon feels better (((())))

Barbara oh dear now you have a water infection ((((())) how is your Brother (((()))) love to all of you

Kath I hope all of you are coping (((())) is Anita operation still going ahead I hope so (((()))) love to Holly and your neighbour ((((())))

Bill I think Aidan would have had a spray that would kill this virus don't you (((((())))

Thinking of you all

take care
    joan xx
  • YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Oh Toni,

Its so hard being Mum, and harder not being there. They are already along the recovery road, it’s taking a lot to burn out the disease, but their bodies are behaving as they should, reminders to keep drinking probably needed though. I’m so glad we all have phones, tablets and such to keep in contact. You will have to be coordinator to ensure they have all the requirements delivered to help them. I know it’s not enough - find your cat and let her mother you for a bit, that will help.

Thinking of you

Yvonne x

• YvonneH
    Options

Hi Kath,

Esme smiled at me today

And the sun came out from behind a dark cloud

Who's next?

• Turbogran
    Options

Morning all

Hi Toni I see the kettle is on I think I will have a nice cup of coffee. Most of the family who are isolating are doing so on advice as have underlying health issues most are Asthmatics. The only one who is displaying symptoms is one cousin. Hope Charley and gf are well soon. Youngest daughter is ok only has minor changes to her asthma at the moment so only needs to isolate for 7-10 days. Mr t has popped out this morning to the small supermarket at the top of our road to get a couple of bits. He is operating social distancing,

Joan thank you for your hugs for mr t and myself and the family. Hugs coming back to you and Sue. I’m sure your right Joan Aidan would have had a spray I’m sure.

How is everyone coping. I am very impressed with mr Ts behaviour no moods in fact we have been doing the spring cleaning of rooms together and not a mood or complaint from him. He has listened to things I’ve said come to think of it it has been like when we go on holiday 😃not that anyone wants this type of holiday, sooner be on my cruise. Lillie is having the same problem as me all the hand washing with antibacterial hand wash has caused sore hands. after a Quick trip to hospital Gd been told to let her was her hands with baby shampoo as it is very gentle on the skin. She is quite upset that all her things she dose her swimming, baton twirling and beavers are all cancelled. Had a video call from Gd this morning beacause Lillie has realised that they keep saying On tv that the old people are more ill with the virus so she has been worrying about nanny and grandad. Great Nanny and grandad and my sister who is her great great Aunt. So she rang to show her we were ok. It was lovely seeing them all even if only on a video call.

love sparkles and hugs to you all.❤️❤️🌈🌈🤗🤗.

Stay positive always👍xx
  • YvonneH
    Options

The poem is getting jumbled (or I'll be getting jumbled). I’ll assemble it here so far,

Esme smiled at me today

I bent down to smile and say...

'Little one, the world is yours, I wonder what you’ll do?

changed my line 3 after I found line 2 🙃, maybe we could edit this post for a bit xx🤑

• Turbogran
    edited 21. Mar 2020, 13:07
    Options

A photo to cheer us all up sorry it’s so big forgot to adjust the size girls coming home from school last week

Stay positive always👍xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Hello all, so far we have (I'm editing it in my word processor)

Esme smiled at me today

and the sun came out from behind a dark cloud.

I bent down to smile and say..

'Little one, the world is yours, 

I wonder what you’ll do?

It's coming along nicely ladies. I haven't found Joan's line yet.

I'm afraid Anita's op has been put back as the hospital is so busy because of Corona virus, but she will be given aromatase Inhibitors which SHOULD shrink the tumours until her surgery can be rescheduled.

As all the schools are now closed, Emily is on rota for teaching/supervising children of key workers. Chester is busy setting up Skype for people working at home etc. Campbell will have to hold off his college course until things start to go back to normal. Dad's neighbours are all keeping their eye on him. His Friday club was open yesterday, only 9 members arrived and they were social distancing. One of the carers was making bottles of hand gel for them to take home. My other neighbour Jackie is off to the shops around 3pm and has said if she can find any Paracetamol she will get us some.

Carol I love the photo and I'm happy that Mr T is being helpful around the house. Long may it last.

Sending hugs and love to all, now I'm off to find something nice to eat.

Fab fish, chips and peas

This version is just as tasty and healthier than a chip shop version.

Serves

Prep

10 minutes

Cook

40 minutes

Ingreients

2 large potatoes, cut into thick chips and parboiled for 5 minutes

2 tsp rapeseed oil + 1 tsp for the fish

2 x 200g pieces white fish fillet of your choice

2 heaped tsp plain flour

200g frozen peas

2 tsp tartar sauce

2 tsp low-fat yogurt

lemon wedges and freshly ground black pepper, to serve

1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
    2. Toss the parboiled chips in 2 tsp oil and season with plenty of black pepper. Spread the chips out on a non-stick baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes until golden and tender.
    3. Meanwhile, put the fish fillets onto a plate and dredge with flour, making sure they are well coated.
    4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the remaining tsp of oil, wiping it around the pan with kitchen paper.
    5. Shake off any excess flour and carefully lay the fish fillets down in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
    6. Heat the peas in a small pan of boiling water, drain then roughly mash. Mix the tartar sauce and yogurt together.
    7. Serve fish, chips, peas and tartar sauce with a sprinkle of black pepper, a wedge of lemon and a salad garnish.

Chefs tips

• Dredging fish with flour before frying stops the surface of the fish from burning.
    • For extra flavour you can add seasoning to the flour – just salt and pepper, or spices such as Chinese five spice or smoked paprika.
    • Use fine chickpea flour for a gluten-free alternative.

• barbara12
    Options

afternoon all

Not a moan but gosh we are missing Niamh ..she is usually here weds and then Fridays for a sleep over and bacon butties..

Our GD in London is working full out has a carer to cover for these that have gone off poorly or minding there children.and she has asthma...I agree Yvonne its hard being a mum and GM and not being able to be there for them..

Right back to everyone else..

Carol I do hope all your family will stay safe.., good on Mr T for not being moody .he needed to give Mr B lessons.🙂.the shops are the same here ..shelves empty for goodness sake ..you take care.xx

Joan yes a water infection or nitrates in my water so have to do another sample for the hospitals..I hope you Sue and the doggies are doing ok (((())))

Toni I am glad to hear that Charley feels a little better..it is such a strong virus..I hope they both make a good recovery..we have 2 people nearby that have tested positive ..one in hospital..you look aftert yourself in all this....some hugs to keep you going ((((()))))

Kath were is the poem I need to find it..my brain has gone again ..you look after yourselves..xx

sorry this is short nut Im on my laptop and cant focus the same

Love to everyone

❤️❤️

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 22. Mar 2020, 06:56
    Options

'Esme smiled at me today

I wonder what you’ll do?

Will your life be long and full

• frogmorton
    Options

Kath I can't find Joan's line now either 😒

What can we do with it Yvonne? Thank you yes I am chief 'boss people about' Made Lucy and her flatmate do an online shop and helped them with that in Scotland.  Paul is now doing the shopping I am sat in our van outside safe.

Kath I know I can't have the fish, but I'll have the rest of it with some of my hellman's vegan mayo - super yum!

Poor Anita I am sure the meds will actually make the op easier when the time comes ((())) for her and her partner.

Dad went to his club! Well that is good as there were so few it sounded pretty safe.  I am glad he has good neighbours.

Yours are all lovely too. Hope some paracetamol can be found for you fingers crossed.

Of course there will have to be  rota for kids of key workers - there are plenty of them too when you think about it...

Carol I am so very very impressed with Mr T's behaviour I have been trying to get Paul to see this as a kind of holiday - he can ride out in the car and go for walks etc He has yet to stop working so is struggling at the thought.

I had the same problem as Lillie so have been wearing glove now part of the day to give them a rest and used E45 handwash and body wash in my shower.  I expect there are plenty of us.  She will be missing all her usual activities bless her.  I hope she was reassured when she saw for herself you were fine! Thank you the photo really made me smile ❤️

Spring cleaning?!  I am getting spare room ready in case Paul or I gets it as we are supposed t separate (can't see us not catching it from each other though... Paul is to put  a telly on the wall and also some pictures while he's doing nothing 😉

Barbara I just posted the poem with the next line on it above hope that helps.

I thought you must be on your lap top - some emojies!  I hope you some ABs ASAP for the water infection before it takes hold.

I hope all is well you've 'seen' Niamh and your bro is still doing ok?

Hi Joan thank you very much I hope Carley and her GF start to feel a bit better soon it's a nasty one for some people.  Are the carers still doing ok? Still taking the dogs out for a walk I expect, but don't let people come too close to pet them ((()))

• frogmorton
    Options

Right breakfast...

now a pot of tea for Carol and anyone else who prefers tea

and as it's Sunday..

• frogmorton
    Options

Sleek says BOOOOH!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Carol that's a lovely photo do they argue (((((())))) that's nice Mr. T helping you take care ((((())))

. Barbara is Niamh all right (((()))) love to Mr B and your brother (((()))) take care all of you ((((()))))

Kath I hope you and Chris are alright I hope you got some paracetamol love to Anita I hope she doesn't have to wait to long for her pop (((()))) love to your Dad (((())))

Toni I hope the virus isn't with Charley and her friend to long ((((()))) love to Kari ((((()))) Paul ((((())) Tia (((())) take care

. Bill Andy ((((())))) thinking of you

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Afternoon lovely and sunny si pottering in the garden
    Toni no ABs yet..have to have my water tested at hospital tomorrow..just the wee not me...see I am on with poetry..
    Best to be prepared to sleep in separate rooms..we already do
    .our double room is not big enough for single beds..I hope Lucy stay clear if it all ..I am sure the shopping will help them..
    Thankyou for an azing breakfast...we shared it...I have one coffee then tea ...oh and thankyou for putting the poem on..will come back later..xxx
    Joan you are kind rjnzkyou Niamh is fine and we faced time this morning she say I am excited at seeing you.. bless;(..and says she will ask Boris can we go out..((((()))))
    Right bettet give
    Love to everyone xxxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem By the gang at Val's Cafe and Yvonne

Hope for Esme

Esme smiled at me today

I wonder what you’ll do?’

Will your life be long and full?

For this is what we wish for you.

Toni, I think our little poem is complete. So I'm sure Yvonne won't mind us posting it. after all, IT WAS MY IDEA 😜 Na nanna nanna How old am I? 😂 Love the picture of Sleek.

My lovely neighbour Jackie couldn't get any Paracetamol, BUT SHE ONLY GAVE US SOME OF HER OWN Bless her.Hoping all are feeling as well as possible.

Ingredients

For the Starter:

• 1/2 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons rye flour, sifted
    • 1/4 cup warm water

For Feeding the Starter:

• 1/2 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons rye flour, sifted
    • 1/4 cup warm water

For the Bread:

• 1 cup rye sourdough starter
    • 1 1/2 cups, plus 1 3/4 tablespoons warm water
    • 5 3/4 cups, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons rye flour, sifted, plus more for dusting
    • 2 1/4 teaspoons sea salt

Advertisement

Preparation

To Make the Starter:

1. Combine sifted rye flour and warm water in a glass bowl or jar. Mix well until smooth. Cover with cling wrap. Using a sharp knife, make a few holes in it for air circulation. Store at room temperature (68-69°F) out of direct sunlight for 24 hours.
    2. After 24 hours, feed the starter with another 1/2 cup of rye flour and 1/3 cup of warm water. Mix well and cover with cling wrap with few holes. Store at room temperature (68-69°F) out of direct sunlight for 24 hours. Repeat this step with feeding every day.
    3. After 2-3 days you will see activity – bubbles and sour smell. The starter will grow and will double in volume. For best results, cultivate the starter up to five days.

To Make the Bread:

1. Dissolve the salt in warm water. Combine with starter and stir well. Then, add the sifted flour and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Work until a smooth dough forms.
    2. Put the dough onto a work surface and knead for 5 minutes. This dough is very sticky and you do not want to add more flour to it in the process. The best way to do this is to wet your hands. Use a dough scraper if the dough sticks to the surface.
    3. Flatten the dough into a circle. Fold the outer edge into the center and press it down with the heel of your hand, turn the dough, and repeat the process several times. Place it in big bowl or round bread proofing basket with good layer of flour dusting. Cover with a damp tea towel.
    4. Allow the dough to rise and to fermented at room temperature until it doubles in volume, approximately for 6 hours or overnight. If you want to speed up the process for a shorter rise time, place the dough in a warm place, such as a 120°F oven. But, for a long-term process, it is preferred to keep the dough at room temperature to prevent it from tasting too sour.
    5. Preheat the oven, baking stone, and baking tray up to 430°F. Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
    6. Dust the hot baking stone with flour and place the dough. Score the top bread of using a very sharp knife. Remove excess flour from the baking stone to prevent the flour from burning.
    7. Place the dough in the hot oven. At the same time, pour a cup of boiling water onto a baking tray, set it at the bottom of the oven, and immediately close the oven door. We need the steam to form a crispy delicious crust.
    8. After 10 minutes, remove tray with water. Turn the oven down to 400°F. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
    9. To check if the loaf is done, take the loaf out of the oven and turn it upside down. Give the bottom of the loaf a firm thump with your thumb, like striking a drum. The bread will sound hollow when it’s done. If you’re new to this technique, try doing this every 5 minutes toward the end of baking and you’ll hear how the sound changes.
    10. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

and for those brave enough, Home Made Butter

Ingredients

• 2 cups heavy cream
    • 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt or sea salt

Preparation

• In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip 2 cups of heavy cream on medium speed until medium peaks form, about 3 minutes. Put a splatter guard on the bowl or drape a kitchen towel over the mixer and the bowl. Increase the speed to high and continue whipping until the solids separate from the buttermilk (you will hear sloshing), about 8 minutes.
    • Gather the butter into a ball and put it in a strainer. Rinse under cold water, squeezing with your hands, until the water runs clear, about 1 minute. Knead in 1/4 tsp. sea or kosher salt and shape the butter as you like. Pat it dry with a paper towel, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for up to a month.

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options

Afternoon everyone hope you are keeping as well as can be .All is well with us so far we have been out for a walk every day hubby tried to cheat by going down a road that would have cut the walk by 10mins I told him a porkie that it was a cul-de-sac 😳🤫

This is my great great niece Evie she's going to be quite big when I manage to see her.

Take care all .Mig.