Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options

Sussed it!

You have to do the old click and highlight the link on the ones which move!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath how is Anita getting on is the operation today ((())) love to all ((((())))

Carol I hope all is well with you and your family ((((())))

Barbara 'm glad it was not too bad for you yesterday (((()))) we have a man coming at 9 00 to check the electric and the plugs. love to everyone ((((())))

Toni I hope everything is going alright for you and Kari is she feeling better ((())) love to Paul Lucy Tia Charley and her friend (((()))

love to Chris Bill Mig Yvonne ((((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Morning all..very windy and cold here..
    Toni I have answered the lady the best I can bless it is so hard..thankyou fir bringing to my attention.. my eyes wont let me read through lots of post
    I love the little caravan..yes Wales it is..I keep thinking how our Aidan wasnt meant to go through this lockdown.. bless him..
    he would be coming up with all sorts of suggestions for out caravan holiday..
    Oh and thankyou for more dippy eggs..and the prune juice really came in useful...
    I do hope that Kari will be ok ..I am thinking about her (((())))
    Joan I am sure the people that come to do the electrics will not come near you..and have hand gel and mask...I would wipe the surface down when they have gone just to be sure..xx
    Kath yes babas nosh...hahaha..you do find and write some lovely poems..I still have found my brothers...they are hear somewhere.. he was the talented one..
    Sending love to Anita and hope all hies well for her...(((()))
    My pump should be hear today for my pond..fingers crossed
    Saturday I will be 70...were on earth did that go..
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Daily Poem

A Sister

A Sister shares your childhood,

A Sister shares your toys,

A Sister shares your sadness

And also shares your joys.

So Sister dear we've shared so much

Every single day

I really wouldn't want things

Any other way.

Except perhaps the cancer. I haven't heard from Anita yet. ๐Ÿ˜•

Barbara, I'm so sorry you had a funeral, but relieved all went peacefully. Poor mum, I'm not surprised she's devastated. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Toni, I'm so pleased we are having lots of eggs, they're good for gammy bones, and a good excuse for more prune juice. Thank you. New neighbours, hmm. I reckon it's a caravan and camping fair.

Joan and Sue, I hope you are out walking the dogs, and not ill. Stay safe.

Carol, we just like to know that you are all well.

Beetroot Dhal

Have you tried beetroot dhal before? The beetroot turns everything beautifully purple and rich and the flavour works really well with the lentils and Indian spices. This dish is inspired by a dish I ate at Slaw in London โ€“ a vibrant purple, creamy and slightly sweet dhal which I immediately fell in love with. Of course, I had to create my own version so here it is โ€“ earthy, delicious and very pretty indeed.

Ingredients:ย 

Roast Beetrootย ย 

• 2 beetroot, chopped into small cubesย 
    • Drizzle olive oilย 

The dhalย ย 

• 2 tbsp olive oilย 
    • 2 tsp black mustard seeds
    • 1 tsp turmeric
    • 1 tsp cumin seeds
    • 1 tsp ground coriander
    • 1 tsp chilli flakes
    • 1 large onion, roughly chopped
    • 1 knob ginger, gratedย 
    • 4 cloves garlic, slicedย 
    • 3 small beetroot, peeled & gratedย 
    • 200g red lentils, rinsedย 
    • 700ml waterย 
    • 4 tbsp coconut cream or plain vegan yoghurtย 
    • 1-2 tsp sea salt
    • Black pepperย 
    • ยฝย tsp garam masalaย 

Optional add insย ย 

• For extra creaminess add 2-3 tbsp coconut yogurt or creamย 
    • Fresh corianderย 
    • Chilli flakesย 

Gram (chickpea) flour flatbreadsย 

• 50g gram flour, sievedย 
    • Pinch sea saltย 
    • Splash olive oilย 
    • ยฝ tspย apple cider vinegarย 
    • 100ml waterย 

Method:ย 

To roast the beetroot

1. Preheat your oven to 180ยฐC/350ยฐF/Gas Mark 4.ย 
    2. Place the veg on a baking tray and coat in olive oil, salt and pepper.ย 
    3. Bake for 45-50 minutes until soft in the middle and caramelised on the outside. Remove when cooked.

To make the dhalย 

1. Firstly add the oil to a large frying pan and heat to a medium heat. Add in the mustard seeds. When they start to pop add in the cumin seeds, coriander, turmeric and chilli flakes. Stir for a few seconds then add the onion. Fry for aprox 8-10 minutes on a low to medium heat until soft and browning.
    2. Add in the garlic, ginger and grated beetroot and stir for another few minutes,ย 
    3. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes then add the lentils, water and coconut milk/yogurt.ย 
    4. Stir well then turn down the heat and put the lid on the pan.ย 
    5. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.ย 

To make the flatbreadsย 

1. Add the gram flour and seasoning to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add in the water, olive oil and vinegar. Mix to a smooth batter. Set aside for 10 minutes.ย 
    2. Add a little oil to the base of a non-stick small frying pan. Add 60ml/ยผ cupย of the batter to the pan and swirl around the bottom so you get an even crepe.ย 
    3. Cook on a medium heat for approximately 2 minutes until there are bubbles in the crepe and you can lift over to flip easily.ย 
    4. Flip and cook on the other side for 30 seconds to a minute.
    5. Remove from the pan and place on and cover with a clean cloth to keep warm.ย 
    6. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.ย 

To serve

1. Season well with salt, pepper and garam masala.ย 
    2. Top with the roast beetroot and coconut yogurt.ย 
    3. Scoop up with the flatbreads.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• chris8
    chris8 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Good evening all, hope your all well! Will be on more as usual next few days or so, body clock out of sync and then it's getting on with the day behind schedule at times lol it's quite nice recently but had Heating on late in the evenings for a little bit. Bad I know lol Will hopefully be on in the morning for a Cafe coffee :)
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all well what a fun day today has been. Started off with us being woken up by the buzzer to our flat on. The front security doors sounding Mr Gets up picks up the receiver on the phone in our flat and just puts it back on the hook without saying anything, as we have had this before in the early hours of the morning with the elderly lady on the top floor forgetting her key , she has dementia and dose this quite often. We have got fed up with it now so we usually answer to stop it buzzing and just put the receiver back on without actually releasing the front door. Well the buzzer rings a 2nd time So Mr T looks out our bedroom window to see our Ocado shopping delivery man outside It seems when I made the order about 3weeks ago I booked 5.30-6,30 am instead of same time pm. Oops ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„silly me , so at 6 am this morning we we unpacking and putting away our shopping. And I donโ€™t think Mr T was too pleased , ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„. And then I have spent most of the day on the blooming telephone. Receiving and making calls.. the past few days have been so busy. For both of us, we are both ok and managing not to kill each other ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ think itโ€™s because both of us spend most of the days doing our own things in separate rooms. Mr T has also been working in the garden. Preparing it for gardening people to come and level it all out and pave it so that We are able to go out there more often And sit out there. I have not been able to go out there for a long while now because it is so uneven now for me to walk on.. Hopefully we now have found someone to do it starting on Friday. They do not need to come into the flat so social distancing will be observed. On Facebook I have finished my ten day nan challenge. With. The photos of GC and Iโ€™m on the 6th day today of a mum challenge to do same thing, I have been looking through my old pictures of the daughters. And found Some old one also 1 of each of them as little peoples thought you Ishtar like to see them.

first is eldest at a few weeks old With me and Mr T

Second Youngest at about 18 months.

They both had a good laugh at them.

well this is about all on the update now all family members are all ok ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I have read but not remembered most of your post so I am sorry about not replying to things you all may have written so I will not try to remember

love to you all and will post again soon I must get into a routine again of doing. Certain things at certain times which during this lockdown I have not been doing. So I am determined that from tomorrow I must start doing it again.

love a nd sparkles to you all โค๏ธโค๏ธ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Stay positive always๐Ÿ‘xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Joan I think your electrics still need to be checked safety wise, but as Barbara said they will wear gloves masks etc. They say keep all interior doors open so they don't need to touch the handles....I think that's what i heard and you two can go in the garden with the dogs too if you want to. Kari is doing ok less achy thank you ((()))

Barbara the ump will soon be here then you can see if it works! Is the liner in? this is so exited a lockdown project!

Yes Aidan would have been very vulnerable with his heart and diabetes and he was used to being out and about and with Bill's Dad it could have been so scary. You are right.

Help yourself to as much prune juice as you need....not too much though๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Kari is doing ok less achy....

Thanks for looking in on that lady her situation is so similar I thought.

Kath I LOVE the sister poem (and the cute pics!) and have to agree i will share anything with mine except cancer that isn't great. But today is the day I have everything crossed for Anita and thinking of Val too.๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ Hopefully she will get home ASAP!

As for the beetroot dhal saved to my lap top ready to try. Next time Pom does a farm shop order I will sort us out some beetroot i have everything else.

We have pitched in the middle of a caravan and camping fair ๐Ÿ™„

Chris8's body clock is out of sync oh dear that happens to us lot and with the lockdown even more likely. I have also had the heating on a few times early or late even if only to take the chill off. Though i think today things start to pick up again .๐Ÿ™‚ Yorkshire tea ready for you or a nice caramel latte...?

Carol as Kath says all we care about is that you are ok ((())

OMG!!!!!! Ocado at 5.30am!! You asleep?!! (Mine is set to come just before virtual choir practice (Kari found some slots and rang me urgently to grab one!) you just have to take the slots you can get๐Ÿ˜ƒ at least you have food but you must have been shattered!

Yes we must all find things to do in different rooms or the garden during this lockdown. It's the best way to stay on good terms with each other!!! Good idea doing prep for the paving slabs that will save time and money...and your sanity!!!

I LOVE those photos! What adorable babies they were and you two too a lovely couple and still areโ˜บ๏ธ

Love and sparkles to you too๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’—

Right food...

That's chai prune juice for a change because we are having eggs again!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara how. Is your brother doing it's not nice having a problem swallowing ((((()))) have nice birthday on Saturday (((((())))

Kath love to Anita (((((()))) I hope it went well. Love to you all ((((()))))

Chris8 have a good day ((((()))) the days go so quick

Carol lovely memories from photo's love to all ((((())))

Toni sue took the dogs for a walk yesterday before the man came I peeled potato's while the man was doing his job sue was back then she and the dogs stayed in the kitchen. our doors stay open so the wheelchair can go through . Love to Kari I hope she's feeling better (((()))) love to Charley and her girl friend Tia Paul Lucy ((((())))

. love to Bill Mig Yvonne ((((()))))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Friendship

A friend stands by me when I'm right

And also when I'm wrong.

A friend supports me when I'm weak

But needs me when I'm strong.

A friend is worth their weight in Gold

And now I know it's true,

There's no-one in the whole wide world

As good a friend as you.

Even when we're socially distancing.

Toni, did you see my message this morning? Anita is in hospital waiting for her surgery - she might have had it now. She is in a private room, so is safe, and I don't think the hospital she is at are treating Covid patients.

Carol, lovely family photos as always.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Fig, Rosemary & Olive Pizza (Gluten-free)

This vegan-friendly recipe is ideal for your lunch-time, go-to meal: homemade, nutritious, works anywhere from at your desk, in the park, on the beach or at your table at home.

Pizza

• 1 recipe quantity of Pizza Dough (see below)
    • 4 tbsp passata
    • 100g/3ยฝoz/ยพ cup black olives, pitted and chopped
    • 4 figs, quartered
    • 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
    • 60g/2ยผoz/โ…” cup dairy free cheese, shaved

Pizza Dough Flour Mixย 

• 75g/2ยพoz/heaped โ…“ cup brown rice flour, plus extra for dusting
    • 3 tbsp gram (chickpea) flour
    • 3 tbsp maize flour
    • 60g/2ยผoz/ยฝ cup cornflour (cornstarch)
    • ยฝ tsp xanthan gum

Pizza Doughย ย 

• 210g/7oz Pizza Dough Flour Mixย (see above)
    • ยฝ tsp salt
    • 1 tsp dried active yeast
    • 2 tbsp olive oil

Pizza

1. Preheat the oven to 220ยฐC/425ยฐF/gas 7 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
    2. Dust a clean surface with pizza dough. Turn out the dough and knead for a few seconds, then shape it into a ball. Flatten the dough slightly using your hands, then use a rolling pin to roll it out to a large circle about 5mm/ยผin thick. Neaten the edge, using a sharp knife, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
    3. Put the passata and olives in a bowl and mix well, then spread over the pizza base. Place the figs evenly over the pizza and scatter over the rosemary.
    4. Bake for 12 minutes until the base is starting to turn brown. Remove the pizza from the oven and scatter the cheese over the top, then return to the oven for 3โ€“4 minutes until the cheese has started to melt. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and serve immediately.

Pizza Dough Floursย 

1. Sift the flours and xanthan gum into a large mixing bowl and mix together.ย ย ย 

Pizza Dough

1. Put the Pizza Dough Flours into a large bowl or use a food processor or stand mixer.
    2. Add the salt and yeast and pulse several times if using a food processor or stir in if doing it by hand.ย ย 
    3. Add the oil and blend well. Add 100ml/3ยฝfl oz/scant โ…“ cup warm water, a little at a time, and continue blending to form a soft dough. Knead the dough for 10 minutes if doing it by hand.
    4. Shape the dough into a ball and transfer to a bowl. Cover with cling film (plastic wrap) and leave to prove for 30 minutes.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    Options

Well Joan I think you did a good job there keeping you both as safe as possible while the man did his job. Kari si ok I think she'll be fine. She's been inside at least 8/9 weeks so must just be a cold or something.๐Ÿค” Thanks for the hugs these are for you Sue and the doggies ((())) xx

Oh Kath I am still thinking of Anita I hope you hear soon that she is safe and well God bless her. Really good that the hospital is COVID-free she will be safe enough and Val will be allowed to visit ๐Ÿค— ((()))๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ XXX

Lovely poem about friends and bang on as usual. That sums friends up perfectly. Now I need to do a 'turn' for virtual choir. Have you got any ideas? I can do a story....ditty.....something like that I am too shy to do a song although some of us have braved it. Needs to be at least a couple of minutes long. Funny maybe or appropriate for these times....?????

The pizza looks YUMMY ta!

I've been outside most of this morning...shopping coming this evening.

Might sit inside now do some of my wagij jigsaw....listen to my audiobook...๐Ÿค”

• frogmorton
    Options

Barbara that lady replied she was so pleased to get your reply!

I wonder why no-one else has replied to her you'd have thought you weren't the only ones๐Ÿค”

• Turbogran
    Options

Good afternoon everyone

Barbara sorry to hear You had a funeral to deal with at this difficult time for us all I agree with Toni our Aidan would have been so vulnerable and I would think so worried.

Joan thank for your comments about the photos of my daughters when they were little. Hope you and Sue are both well

Kath I love the sister poem. And the friendship one we all need on of those at the moment. Thanks for the comment about the photo I hope nobody gets fed up with seeing them.

Toni yes 5.30am well it was 6 am when he came yes we were asleep ๐Ÿ’ค well I had just got up to go to the toilet but probably gone back to bed. Well that will teach me to get the right time in future ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.thanks for to poached eggs went down nicely for breakfast wasnโ€™t quite sure about the chia prune juice.

we have now got someone to do our garden for a reasonable price and he will be starting tomorrow he sounds very nice In fact today he has gone to one of his suppliers to get us a garden shed, as we canโ€™t get one online for him to erect when he is here at no extra charge to us. And he is happy with the social distancing And they donโ€™t actually have to come into the house anyway . it will take about 5 days. So next week I should find it easier to go into the garden. Quite looking forward to it.

Well I thinks thatโ€™s all for now

love and Sparkles to you all

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

b

• barbara12
    Options
    Evening all..been pottering in the garden again mostly giving instructions hahaha
    Toni thankyou for breakfast..and the juice now wonder what that taste like..and thankyou for letting me know the lady answered..I will have a read...I think Aidan would have been so down not being able to go to the gc and tea rooms..bless him and yes he would have been so scared..:(
    glad your shopping came..and you did some gardening..xx
    Joan I am glad the electrics are all done..and you kept safe...nice to be able to have a little trip out with this move weather..yes 70 on Saturday.. cant quite believe it...xx
    Carol I love the photos..and I remember having a swing like that.. one of my earliest memories..ooh poor you having to get up for your shopping..I am sure you wont make that mistake again..glad you and Mr T are both ok..and thankyou it was my nephews funeral ..just 45 xx
    Chris you keep busy..but dont over do things like I do..have you had time to sit in the garden ...today was warmer here xx
    Kath 2 lovely poems especially the sister one..I will have everything crossed for Anita..and I am sure they will keep her safe from the virus..
    Now like Toni I will keep the beetroot Dahl.. and the pizza one.. thankyou xx
    I have ordered tea for 2 on Saturday for my Birthday..from our little pub again, they did it for the VE celebrations and it looked so good..
    Right I'm off love to all
    Xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Good mourning another frosty bright start here ๐ŸŒž

Carol we aren't at all bored with your photos we love photos of each others' lives keep 'em coming!

Gosh before 6am what bad luck at least that will teach us all to check EXACTLY what time our shops are coming๐Ÿ˜‰ Was Mr T ok about it?๐Ÿค”

My Flamingo order is on it's way...exiting eh?

What good news getting a nice gardener who can sort your garden out. So a future pusskin can get in your window too! Most of all though you will be able to enjoy the garden by the end of next week - photos?

Hi Barbara don't be overdoing your gardening duties will you...๐Ÿ™„ Can't wait to see the finished result! Thank you for answering the lady. I try to say hello to newbies as often as i have some spare time. Oddly enough not as often as you might think๐Ÿง

Yes Aidan would have missed his trips to the GC and the tearooms dreadfully and he had several pre-existing conditions with diabetes showing as very dangerous. Mind you he would have distracted himself helping us lot out and the neighbours social distanced of course bless him. I do miss him so much still...๐Ÿ˜“

I mostly potted my pots up they will be being hardened off for a week or so until these frosts stop. I am also hardening off some tomato plants for a friend who is a decorator - 5 in total!

Oooh what a great idea a special tea for you two for your birthday. I should have done that for mine, but yours is special one. Oh Barbara! (joke) you'll have to stay inside if you will be 70!

I hope Chris8 is ok....busy reading and gaming I expect....

Love also to Mig ((()))

and a quick ๐Ÿ‘‹ wave to Joan. I hope you ahve a great day and it;s sunny!

Ok normal prune juice from now on๐Ÿ˜€

Must stop with the eggs soon.....

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath I hope the operation is over now for Anita (((((())))) all the best for the recovery I hope it's not too painful (((()))) thank you for the poems (((())) love to you and Chris (((()))

Carol you will put plenty in the shed. Thank you for the photos are the children going back to school in June love to Mr T (((())))

Barbara you sit in the garden and give the orders that's right (((()))) love to Mr B and your brother I remember you saying you go away for your Birthday you can sit in the garden and dream of being anywhere ((((())))

Toni that's good that Kari is alright (((()))) the man came to do the electrics because our housing **** changed it's name. Love to everyone ((((()))). I think in a way it was a good thing Aidan going when he did all this might have given him a bigger heart attack do you think (((((())).

. love to Bill Mig Chris Debbie Yvonne ((((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Drat and double drat. Just lost a massive post with a poem and photos. I can't repost as it took too long and Tesco is due. Just to say that Anita is fine thank you. I'm off to have a sulk now.๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜–

• chris8
    chris8 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Good afternoon all hope you're all well! Yes body clock still upside down, feel like I'm back on nights haha and just been busy sorting house out, got a new Microwave other day so fiddling about with settings and functions and pink panthering it outside to throw away the old one :) still reading also :) hope you're all well as I say :)
  • barbara12
    Options
    Is it evening or afternoon

Sure our Aidan saud evening starts at 6...so not far off
    Joan I am good at giving orders..hahaha..yes we always tried to go away on my birthday..but the garden will do for now ..like you say I can sit and dream. :smiley: )thankyou fir all the hugs I shall send you Sue and the doggies some (((((()))))
    Kath its infuriating when you lose a post...must say this forum is much better at saving it ..thank goodness..I am glad to hear Anira has had her op..I will be thinking about her...(((()))) hope your tesco order arrived..xx
    Chris you must be getting very good at pink panthering steps hahaha..I hope you get the hang of the microwave..my last but one was easy but I still haven't got the hang of this one..xx
    Toni more eggs plenty of vit d..I am only suppose to have the white...would rather go without..:(..the prune juice did help ..phew..
    How is Kari feeling now ..its so worrying when you cant get to see her..yes I will post pics of my pond just waiting for stones to go round it now...xx
    My niece has said I have to stay put tomorrw for my Birthday there will be a delivery..and Its not flowers....I wonder..:):)
    Right I'm off love to all
    Xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Options

Evening all

hope you are all well.

Barbara think you are right about Aidan he would have missed his GC trips. I know I am missing my chill out with a coffee in my usual bar/coffee shop. And going out for lunch with Mr T. But I keep reminding myself that must put up with it. Your nephew was quite young. My dad was only 47 when he passed away. Hope you have a good Birthday tomorrow ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ .

Toni glad you flamingo order is on its way Enjoy it when it arrives. Yes Mr T was ok about the shopping order mistake he did call me an idiot when I told him it was my fault but he was ok. I had one of these rate your driver Request yesterday so I apologised on there and giving him an excellent report. Yes we had had 3 estimates and his was the best they started today about 12 noon and didnโ€™t leave till just after 6pm. Mr T spoke to them when they arrived and we just left them to get on with it. And today I have order a new table and chairs set with a parasol and a parasol base. Have to have the parasol because our garden get very hot to sit in when the sun is strong after about midday. Glad you are enjoy the photos. Here is on of me and the girls on My 60th birthday Mr T arranged a limousine to take about 12 to 15 of us on a evening trip around the sites of London as a surprise. As you can see the limo behind us.

And another one of youngest with our Snowie

Joan Yes I am sure lots on things will go into the shed. When we know itโ€™s exact size and how much can get in there. I am just looking forward to it being level and being able to walk out there easily. The children. will not be going back in June if the schools are allowed to go back As they are staggering the year groups it will only be reception, year one and year six and none of the younger ones are in school yet an Lillie is in year three and they will probably not go back in June anyway.

Kath it annoying when you loose a post isnโ€™t it mind you that donโ€™t happen as much with this new forum. Glad Anita is ok that must be a relief for you.

love and sparkles to you all. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

• frogmorton
    Options

It's got to be cake for breakfast today

*************************************HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBARA********************************

Joan yes I think Aidan would have been depressed to be trapped inside....with all his health problems too if he had have got this evil virus he would have been desperately ill ๐Ÿ˜•

Chris8 โ˜บ๏ธ a new toy to play with! What have you cooked in your new microwave then? I know some can do pretty fancy stuff in theirs I tend to defrost and reheat....mostly my cuppas when I forget them and wheat-bags for my aches!

Plenty of reading is good (BTW Alexa finds tunin for you if you ask her!) and well done for pink panthering your packaging safely away ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes Barbara 6pm was in deed evening in Aidan's book! Happy 'Lockdown-Birthday' to you ๐Ÿ™‚ Make sure you enjoy it I know everyone will be in touch so I know you will at least be virtually spoilt!

Kari is a lot better thank you thinks it was just her lungs (asthma lungs) or overdoing it. I'm not so sure. I'm glad they have an antibody test now so we can find out if we have had it soon-ish I hope. I had to take her over some flour yesterday she emerged with her face mask on, but her eyes were smiling. Darcey escaped we think she heard my voice....I had to chase her through the neighbour's garden back into Kari's.

Be aware this forum doesn't save posts any more at all because it was saving too often and stopping some people form posting at all.

Anyway have a GREAT day ((()))

Kath - oh no ๐Ÿ˜• a lost post I am sorry, but Tesco order e.g. FOOOD comes first every time these days๐Ÿ™„ I am so glad Anita is all done and dusted is she home? If not how long before she can come home?

Carol great photos! Love the one of your youngest and Snowie bless him he left a hole in your hearts๐Ÿ˜“ Mt T can be lovely can't he doing that for your 60th bless him. And forgiving you the rude awakening from your shopping! Well done giving the driver a good review and apology!

Barbara and you both doing your gardens then! I bet he's doing well and you are enjoying seeing it transformed. A new table chair an parasol set will be lovely when it's all done โ˜บ๏ธ

We got an awning put on the side here because it gets too hot in the afternoon and it overheats the living room too so I think the [parasol is essential and will also look pretty.

Will just pop the kettle on...

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Chris8 good luck with the microwave ((((()))) have a good weekend

Kath hat's nice to know Anita has had her operation(((((()))) do you remember the Beverley Sisters song Sisters. love to all ((((())) How's your Dad ((((()))) have a good weekend

Carol when will the Church be open for you all ((((())) have a good weekend

Barbara Happy Birthday ((((()))) you enjoy yourself ((((()))) how is your Brother (((()))) love to Mr B (((()))) have a good weekend

Toni I'm glad it was a cold Kari had ((((()))) how is Charley ((((()))Tia (((())) Lucy ((((())) and Paul ((((()))) it seems strange to me why Grandparents can't see their own children yet strangers can. Have a good weekend all of you ((((())))

love to Bill (((())) Mig (((())) Yvonne (((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (acrostix, look at the first letter of each line).

Mother

Who?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031919/uploads/542/mum at Beeston 1970s.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

Made me smile when I was sad?

Opened my eyes to new ideas?

Told me stories, sang me songs?

Held my hand and shared my tears?

Expected nothing but gave me all?

Reassured me through the years?

Who?

My dearest Mother.

Mum in the kitchen shortly after the extension and in the middle of a refit. She's wearing her best "Don't you dare" look. ๐Ÿ˜„

I rang dad this morning, he's as confused as ever, but not bad. Then I rang Anita. he's sore, obviously but feeling fine. Val is taking good care of her. She will have a telephone consultation on Tuesday so I hope they will be able to confirm that they managed to got it all out. Then whatever happens next.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031919/uploads/764/mum dad Anita at Beeston.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

Mum, dad and a young Anita in the back garden.

Guess what I did this morning? We had a bag of food for Holly, so Chris put my walker outside and put the bag on it, so I walked over to Holly's flat and knocked on her window so she came and took it off me. Not quite an hour's exercise, but more than I usually have.

Easy Noodles & Veggies in a Peanut Chilli Ginger Sauce

These simple yet flavourful noodles are a favourite with our customers at the van! You can't beat that salty peanutty flavour, perfectly paired with tangy lime and tamarind.

• 200g (approx.) of your favourite noodles (I prefer wholewheat)
    • A handful of your choice of veggies (I like broccoli, carrot ribbons and leafy greens in particular)
    • 1 tbsp oil
    • Salt and pepper, to taste
    • 4 tbsp peanut butter
    • 1 tbsp soy sauce (I use a really dark one so adjust to taste)
    • 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
    • ยฝ tsp chilli powder
    • Juice of 1 lime
    • 1 tsp tamarind paste - optional
    • Fresh coriander and spring onions to garnish
    • A few peanuts to garnish

1. In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, chilli and tamarind with a splash of hot water if needed. This is your sauce!
    2. Prepare your vegetables: chop into bite size pieces and slice the carrots into ribbons using a potato peeler.
    3. Heat the oil in a wok and add the vegetables, firmest first and greens last, with a dash of salt and pepper.ย 
    4. Add your sauce to the wok and mix well, adding a splash more water if necessary to loosen it up.
    5. Cook your noodles in a separate pan according to the instructions on the packet.
    6. Drain the noodles and add to the wok, mixing well so that theyโ€™re coated with the sauce.
    7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
    8. Serve topped with chopped coriander, spring onions, peanuts and a wedge of lime.

• barbara12
    Options
    Evening all..
    Had a lovely Birthday..my neighbour tied balloons all around our fence and put banners up with Birthday girl..and had lots of flowers 2 afternoon teas..and chocolates
    Toni thankyou for the cake and Birthday wishes..
    I am tired to say the least..I want that lovely tea pot or kettle.
    I am glad to hear Karii is still smiling bless her..hope mr Darcy came back.xx
    Carol thankyou..I had lovely day..I am so glad you now have a gardener..and you will be able to sit out under your parasol...how good are the photos..and so nice if Mr T to organise the limo.xx
    Joan thankyou and for the card..:):).I am now ready for bed after all the excitement.. xx
    Kath thankyou..what a moving poem about your mum..it made me fill up..and good for you getting to Holly's with your walker.. ((()))bet she was pleased to see you..and thankyou fir sharing the photos of your mum..bless..xx
    Right I'm off to bed
    Sleep well every one
    Xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 17. May 2020, 05:55
    Options

I am so glad you had such a lovely birthday Barbara. Oddly enough mine was one of the best in lockdown too๐Ÿค”

You are certainly going to miss your neighbours when they move ๐Ÿ˜• horrible man doing that to them.....the kids won't forget you know.

It was a pretty kettle lovely and retro, but I can do retro teapots too.

I am very glad you loved the cake I though of your beloved garden which was you birthday present this year and I know Aidan would have done you one....

Hi Joan I think Grandparents can see their Grandkids so longs it's outside (not in gardens) and keeping the 2m apart. BUT I bet the children want to hug their Grandparents bless them ๐Ÿ˜• Thank you we are all well hope you both are and all Sue's carers too. ((()))

Kath what a great poem your Mum would love it and of course it applied to all of us too when ours were little....even now to be fair they still need us.

Thank you for the update on Anita God bless her. I am so glad she is back and being looked after by Val. She will get the best care now. Lovely pics too....Anita with mum and dad and Mum pulling one of my faces!!! Fingers crossed for the telephone consultation ((())) for you.

Thank you for the noodles in a takeaway box too I have taken one each for myself and Paul XXX

WELL DONE you taking some shopping to Holly I bet that felt fabulous! You are a 'helper' not naturally a 'helped' like me. I am so pleased I hope you can manage that again in the not too distant future!๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

I hope all is well with you Chris8 I am still waiting for some sunshine here I want to get back outside ๐Ÿ™„

Now I know someone had rather too many of this yesterday for her birthdayso she popped some in the fridge for us all:

Thank you BARBARA!!

Kettle's on!

• dachshund
    Options

,,,Morning everyone

Kath clap how proud you must feel ((((()))) Anita is recovering that's good ((((()))) thank you for the picture of your mum. Love to Chris ((((())))and your Dad (((()))

Barbara you enjoyed your birthday old ((((()))) love to your brother ((((())) and Mr B (((())))

Toni how is your neighbour (((()))) love to Paul (((())) Tia (((())) Charley and her friend ((((()))) Lucy (((()))) and Kari ((((())))

love to Carol ((())) Chris (((())) Mig (((()))) Bill (((()))Yvonne (((()))

take care
    joan xx