Thoughts for tillytop, please.

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aww Tilly I do wish you well with the appointment...its awful when the help we need is not forthcoming...fingers crossed for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Oh Tilly, I feel so bad for you.

Unrelenting pain, espescially undiagnosed pain, really grinds you down and you certainly shouldn't feel embarassed.

Last time I was really bad and not thinking straight I wrote everything down in chronological order so that it was there to look at when O went to see the doc. It helped because then I could see that a) I wasn't mad - it was awful, and b) I didn't forget to say important things.

I hope this appointment brings you some answers.

Love Helen
    xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe Tilly

You shouldn't be made to feel you have to pluck up the "courage" to make a double app for the doc, I am so pleased your OH will be able to go with you. As Helen said writing things down will mean you won't forget anything, keeping fingers crossed that your GP will help to shed a light on what is happeing to you, thinking of you............tc...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi Tilly,Writing things down seems like a good idea it might just give you some confidence when you talk to your gp,you are lucky to be able to get a double appointment,my doctors run a triage system i had to sit for two hours last week for an emergency appointment.Anyway i hope you have a good appointment and get some answers ,i will be there with you even though you havent asked for pocket duties yet.Big hugs. Mig
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Wishing you well for your appt. It must be so frustrating to not know the cause of your pain.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,726
    Options
    Well done on grasping the nettle, Tilly. Please let us know when so that we can all come with you and chip in with our twopennorth.

As you feel this is a last ditch effort, might it be worth asking your husband to also make some brief notes on how he thinks you are each day? I know Mr SW sometimes picks up on things before I do, or just notices things that I'm so used to they seem 'normal' to me :roll:

If you get no answers this time I promise you, between us all, we'll come up with a Plan B.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Just popped on to say I hope you have a good night.(((())))Mig
  • mig
    Options
    Morning Tilly ,hope you're a bit better today.Mig
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're in pain Tilly and can't get an answer. I hope you will be able to get something positive sorted out when you next see your doctor.

Many best wishes for a better day today.

Janet xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My dear Tilly, I truely know what agonising stomach pain can feel like so I hope and prey the doctor's can find the cause quickly and help you. Will be thinking of you, Hope the pain is under control better today. ((((HUGS))))
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Tilly

I am still thinking of you and I hope that at your appointment next week you get the help/meds that you need to sort out your horrible tummy problem.

Take care
    Love & (((((((())))))) juliepf x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Thank you all so very much for your continuing support and your kind, wise words.

The pain has eased significantly at the moment - but it will be back I know cos that's what it does.

My appointment is on Weds evening next week and I am already worrying about how I will face going - given that this is the GP who told me the other week that "there were other patients waiting and I should make another appointment if (IF!!!!) I wanted to discuss things further". I always try to be so considerate and mindful of appointment times when I go and I don't ever ask to be seen as a "fit in" unless things are really bad - but who are you supposed to talk to for advice when you are in such pain and frightened? And this was the GP with whom I thought I had formed a good understanding recently.

I am toying with the idea of writing to the GP prior to my appointment, outlining the issues and the questions I would like to discuss. My thinking is that, by doing that (if he does read it beforehand) I won't spend half the appointment explaining.

Thanks again all.

Tillyxxx
  • villier
    Options
    Hi Tilly

Glad the pain is a bit better, hopefully keep away for a while. I think that is an excellent idea at least he can be well versed on your problems and the questions you require answered, but make sure you let him know you are doing this so as not to overrun the app, it's a shame he made that derisive comment just when you were feeling confident with him. I am so lucky with mine I get all the time I need although I would never take advantage. You should get your letter writen ASAP and hand deliver so it gives him plenty of time to read and study it, it might make him sit up and take notice people can't disscuss and ask questions in a short space of time, good on you Tilly I hope you go for this and gets you the answers you are looking for, thinking of you............tc...........Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    I am toying with the idea of writing to the GP prior to my appointment, outlining the issues and the questions I would like to discuss. My thinking is that, by doing that (if he does read it beforehand) I won't spend half the appointment explaining.

I can see where you're coming from, Tilly. I'm wondering if it might be simpler to just take a list in with you, reduced to its briefest in a series of bullet points, and hand it over when you go in so that he can see at a glance what you want to discuss and approximately how long it will require.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Morning Tilly hope you're a little brighter today.I am just waiting for axxa to deliver my shopping.sun is shining in nottm though its cold.have a good day. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Tilly. I hope all is as well as possible for you on what is a lovely morning here, too.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    The pain has eased significantly at the moment - but it will be back I know cos that's what it does.

:idea: I've had another thought. Brain cells in overtime today :)

I've always found it as useful to note what goes welll as to note what goes badly. Is there anything you did/didn't do that might have resulted in things going better? In such situations I note food and drink (with times taken) and meds (particularly any that are not taken regularly at the same time every day) and food taken with meds - or not.

Also what happpened next ie is it better or worse to sit down after eating? It is better or worse on a more/less active day? Does lying down affect it for better or worse?

I find all this stuff intensely boring and inherently navel-gazing but sometimes it can throw up (bad choice of words :roll: ) some potentially useful ideas.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,998
    Options
    Hello Tilly
    i hope your pain has calmed down a bit. can you have a double apat your doctors.
    take care ((((((((tilly))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Thanks peeps for your continuing support and good advice re doc's appt next week.

Today has been a much better day - stomach has calmed down after a rough start. G has a day off work (it's lovely to have him around) and I have been able to get my haircut for first time in a while which means I look less like a yeti :lol: How is it that something as simple as a haircut can make one feel so much brighter?

Thanks again.

Tilly xxx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Tilly,
    I'm pleased you are having a better day today.
    I know what you mean about the haircut. I had mine done yesterday, and I feel so much better for it.
    Take care of you,
    Numpty
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Tilly,

Well done for booking that appointment and there's some great advice on this thread about getting the most out of it with the doc. I think SW makes a sound point about noting when things are good as well as bad – the more info you can present, the more likely you are to receive a diagnosis. I make notes every day about my health and it is a bit boring, but over the years I've noted patterns that have helped my medical team to a better understanding of my health overall.

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend and enjoy your new haircut :)

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,578
    Options
    oooh Tilly!

Your hair looks nicem0443.gif

I rather like Sticky's idea about bullet points - that, the double appointment and having G there should mean this appointment is far better than the last one.

That and the power of the forum :wink:

Take care and I will be right there with you on Weds

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    Options
    In star wars they say" may the force be with you"
    On here we say "may the forum be with you"
    Hope you have a good night.
  • villier
    Options
    Morning Tilly

Hope things are still not so bad for you, I am glad your haircut has made you feel a bit better, thinking of you...............Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    Options
    Morning Tilly,hope you have a good day though if you have fog and frost like nottm it's a day for staying indoors.mig