Thoughts for tillytop, please.

Options

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,726
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning Tilly. I hope you have a good weekend. (())
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Thanks again all for your continued encouragement.

I have lots of notes made over the past few months about things which may or may not contribute to the problems and any changes I have made to try to improve things. So, as per your suggestions, I will spend some time over the next few days trying to pull out the salient points for discussion at the doc on Weds.

We are having a nice, relaxing weekend so far :D but weather is disgusting :cry: Mind you, it's a good excuse for staying indoors in the warm doing not very much :D

Hope you are managing good weekends as far as possible despite the weather.

Thanks again.

Tilly xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hi tilly
    Weather here bad too

Hope you manage some you time :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rain rain and more rain yep watching christmas films with warm drink stay warm hon
    val
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning, Tilly. I hope today is a good day for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi Tilly,Hope you have had a good day.
    Hope we have some dry weather,got to go out tomorrow don't want to get wet.(((()))) Mig
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thanks peeps.

Yep, another very wet and blustery day here today - we've all got it I think, wherever we are :cry: We went out for a bit and it wasn't raining when we set out but, wouldn't you know it, the minute we got out of the car the heavens opened!

Hope you have all managed as good a weekend as possible.

Thanks again.

Tillyxxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey Tilly, Hope things are ok with you, We have had aweful weather here all weekend (well since Thursday). Flooding and continuous rain and cold. So been wrapped up and doing playlist for my MP3 player for holiday! Feeling good! Felt a difference in me since Sunday morning couldn't tell if it was the Steriod injection or the 2 cans of Monster energy I had drank!! :lol:
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Tilly. Hope you are having as good a day as possible. It's not raining here - at the moment - but we have obviously had torrential rain overnight. Think we shall all be growing webbed feet soon!! However, looking at the weather forecast in the paper earlier I think skis may be more appropriate by the end of the week in some parts of the country. Another good excuse to stay indoors in the warm. Take care. Beryl
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Hello Tillytop,
    So sorry to hear all the problems you are having both with pain and hospitals and GPs and no answers!
    I have posted here a few times that I have had emergency surgerys a few times when I was told nothing was wrong-all digestion tract related.
    In my experience nurses do not talk to doctors in hospitals, records are not correct and GPs are not fully informed-no one knows what anyone else is doing-that can be a major problem.
    I don't want to bore you as you seem to have been going through this a long time and have maybe covered any suggestions I can make in your notes already.
    I will be brief, has your food intake been recorded to show if you are reacting to something (sure it has but sometimes the very basic info is over looked)
    Have your intestines been fully checked for blockagaes-my small bowel had twisted due to adhesions (have you ever had surgery addhesions are often silent causes of major problems)
    Dont be afraid to say whatever thoughts you have as to what the cause may be.
    Take your double appointment and remember that you are a patient and how dare the GP be rude to you-then stay calm and read your bullet points to him/her-do not leave for GP to read.
    You may not be strong enough to tackle this problem another time so with hubby by your side and us lot in your pocket go for it!
    Be aware that you and your GP mean the same thing when you use "often used phrases" for example I was asked was I consipated and said no, not knowing that people can have bowel movements (being medical, not rude) and be consipated.
    I was also asked if I was "eating enough fibre" I said plenty then found a web site that showed what "enough fibre" is and was shocked- we don't know what we don't know until we find out the truth!!
    You know you need help = time to make the GP etc sit up and earn their big fat pay packet-Very Best To You.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,998
    Options
    Hello Tillytop
    i hope you are having a good day to day.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thank you again so much for your thoughts and wisdom! Despite worrying about how I will go through with my GP appointment - don't think I can take another knockback - I am hugely buoyed up by all your support and encouragement.

Thanks again lovely peeps.

Love Tillyxxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You'll be fine, Tilly. You'll have Mr TT at your side and every pocket bulging with your AC cheerleaders.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,578
    Options
    Some great advice here isn't there Tilly

I have none other than in the words of that sad film 'The War Horse':

BE BRAVE!!!

I will be right there in your pocket with the others and tis time you WILL get some answers I hope

Love and (((())))

Toni xxx
  • mig
    Options
    Hi Tilly,Hope you have had a good day,I've done Xmas shopping on line today much easier than trudging round the shops.Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Oh Tillytop. I've only just found this thread. How awful for you to have this pain. There has been a lot of good advice given here. I wondered about something you are eating or drinking. I recently found I was intolerant to wheat. Much better now I avoid it. My boss's wife told me today about her nephew who found out a while ago that he is intolerant to artificial sweeteners. He's fine too now he avoids those.
    I hope your appointment goes well and you find the cause of your pain.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Tilly. I'm thinking of you and I hope it's not too bad today. (())
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Tilly, how are things with you today?
    Thinking of you and wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Tilly. Do hope you are feeling a little better. I've also done my Christmas shopping on-line as can't go browsing round the shops these days. All was delivered promptly and I've been busy sorting it all out and trying to get a little organised.

Am thinking of you and wishing you well again soon.

Beryl
    x
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi Tilly - just to say I am still thinking of you and wishing you well.

Bestest wishes, Susie :)
  • mig
    Options
    Hope you have had a good day,going to theatre tomorrow to see Marty Wilde having a big mac for tea,Yummy.Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Morning Tilly

Hope your appointment goes well later and you can see a light at the end of the tunnel, keeping everything crossed you get the result you are looking for, keep us posted how you go, whenever you can..........tc.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Well, today's the day, Tilly.

I'm ready for the appointment and I hope you are too. We'll all be right there with you and Mr TT (but please update us later as it can get a bit noisy in here and we might miss important stuff :wink: ) (())
    Steven Wright
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thanks so much peeps.

Apologies for not looking in yesterday - rough morning and (routine) hospital appt in the afternoon.

Re my dreaded GP appt - I have rescheduled for Friday at 5pm. I am very ashamed to admit that I chickened out and cancelled today's appointment on way back from hospital yesterday (just felt I couldn't cope with any more appts) but have been so frightened by what's been going on since that I have rebooked :roll: . What am I like eh? No, please don't answer that!

It's just occurred to me that maybe my nausea which is always worse in the mornings could be down to the morphine. Not because of the amount I take, but due to the gap in doses between bedtime and the first daytime dose - which I try to delay until lunchtime if I can. Nausea is listed as a morphine withdrawal symptom, and I just wonder if my body is reacting like it is because it thinks it is missing a dose if that makes sense. I know self-diagnosis is not a brill idea but maybe it's worth suggesting to the GP when I see him since he really has no idea apparently (and isn't really interested, but that seems par for the course).

Anyway, thanks again all and any pocket dwellers who haven't beggared off in disgust :lol: would be much appreciated on Friday at 5pm.

Love Tilly xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey Tilly, I agree with you about the Nausea, if you remember when I went into detail about the 'cold Turkey' when I reduceded my M.S.T & came off the Oro-morph. One of the symptoms was bad Nausea. You may have some of the other classic symptoms of 'Cold Turkey' but don't realise it.

I think you did the right thing cancelling the G.P's appt after already going to the hospital, I did the same remember! Two important appt's is too much in one day, you must have been tired just after the one? I was! Of course I would be honoured to be in your pocket on Friday, my OH will be back from shopping by then so doughnuts all round! Hope it goes well with G.P.