I'm in trouble.

Options

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Gosh DD, really feeling for you and Mr DD, hope that things begin to improve really quickly. Sending hugs (((((( )))))) and loads of positive thoughts.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you one and alll, it's been another tough and confusing day but we've finally ended up where we began yesterday at about 3.40pm. (the on-duty emergency doc was right, it's a shame he wasn't able to email his diagnosis to the hospital thanks to working on a different system. God bless the NHS. :roll: )

After having a CT scan (plus dye) earlier this evening they have seen a small perforation in his appendix and this is leaking yukky stuff into his abdomen. He was supposed to have the appendectomy tonight but it's more likely to be tomorrow. He hasn't seen the same doctor twice in 28 hours, his temperature did return to normal then suddenly spiked again at 38.8, his CRP results were 369 - :shock: - he's been given a whacking great dose of liquid anto-bios via one of the canulas. He is (I suspect) a little bewildered and (maybe) somewhat apprehensive. :wink: His last op happened when he was 6 and that was to correct a lazy eye. He reckons he'll be back at work come mid-week. Twerp, but he's my twerp and an unhappy one at that, he needs to hang onto what's familiar and that I understand.

I was benefiting from a smalll dose of steroids (7mg) but now I find myself returning to moo-ing. I popped into rheumatology at 2pm hoping to sit in one of their recliners (and I had my hottie with me). Anna (the infusion nurse) let me and did the hottie, she also made me a cuppa and gave me a biccy. I freely admit I wasn't coping and her kindness was wonderful. Lucky me knowing the staff as I do - my poor husband is meeting stranger after stranger, getting confusing and conflicting advice and not knowing if he's coming or going. The Xrays last night were pointless and the other 'treatment' (an enema) utterly un-necessary.

Right, I'm off to wash up and do my evening pills. I have higher hopes of tonight resulting in some rest but we'll see.

Thank you so much, everyone, for your thoughts and kindness. I sincerely wish you all loved nearer to me so that we could meet on a regular basis for a coffee and a giggle but we can meet here and this is a very good place. I have had a tough time and it isn't over yet but knowing you are there makes it so much easier. Your support is wonderful and I am truly appreciative. I send extra thanks to Sticky who has updated when possible, bless you my lovely. DD

PS I am rather miffed: I managed 170 on the CRP but he's beaten me hands down. How very dare he. :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    He's just texted me, apparently it's on for tonight, sometime in the next hour. Woo-hoo! DD
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Thinking of you both so much , DD , keep us posted , sending love and more positive vibes . Jillyb
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    DD, I'm sorry, I've only just logged on and seen this.
    How awful for you both!
    If Mr DD's op goes ahead tonight, he at least should soon be on the mend.
    I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight, and the steroid helps.
    Thinking of you both, and wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi DD, glad to hear he is having his op tonight. The sooner the better. I hope you get some sleep tonight, or are you going back to the hospital?
    take care.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    DD
    Thanks for keeping in touch......I'm thinkg of both of you.

Love
    Hileena
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh DD, I am sorry. It's all happening to you and hubby isn't it. Your hubby having to have this op and for you having to run around for him. You must be absolutely exhausted.

I really hope that once you know hubbies had the op, you will be able to rest up yourself and get some well needed sleep. You must be in so much pain. Expecially driving hubbies car with those bucket seats, I know I could'nt have done it.

I shall be thinking of you both and sending you and hubby big hugs.
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Once again my thanks to all of you who have responded. I don't know where he is in the hospital or what's happening but I sincerely hope it's been done and he's in recovery.

I'm sitting here wracked with guilt. If this was me he would be sitting there patiently waiting with me, chatting, holding my hand, letting me be, fetching anything I was allowed to have. I cannot return the 'compliment'. It isn't that I do not care, that I cannot be bothered or I'm not concerned, it simply is I physically cannot. We know from personal experience that the hospital is very flexible when it comes to poorly people and their rellies but their flexibility doesn't extend to the disabled; mind you those two concepts are already incompatible. :wink: A friend told me that he would be happier knowing that I was safe and sound at home and that is indeed true but I feel I am failing him. Feel it? Hell, I know it.

This is a very different side to living with arthritis. Over the past 25 years he's been with me throughout my various medical trials and tribulations and here he is, facing his on his own, no wife and, for the first time in his life, no mum. We both live with it but I reckon he bears the higher cost. DD
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Aw, DD, what a nightmare. I hope Mr DD has had his op now. That will mean he is on the road to recovery. Please, please don't feel bad that you are not with him. I'm sure he knows you would be if you were able. he knows how difficult things are for you now and how much worse you would be if you had stayed there with him. You need to get as much rest as you can as he may need a little care when he comes home. Please take care of yourself for yourself and for him. I hope you manage to get some good sleep tonight. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    DD you will soon have him home, he will soon be back to normal and I am sure he will understand why you are not with him now. This time next week you will be able to look back on this and remind yourself why you are beside yourself with all that tlc you are lavishing on him.
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Of course you feel guilty, you are a woman!
    Mr DD knows you would be there if you possibly could.
    In any case, what could you do? If he's having his op, you couldn't be with him, and afterwards he'll just want to sleep.
    You need to rest up and take care of yourself, so you can be there for him when he comes home, that's when he will need you.
    Take care of you (((())))
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    I hope he did have his op last night and then he will be recovering.
    You know where i am.....if you want to talk.

I said in another thread about women always feeling guilty.....if they dont feel guilty they feel guilty about not feeling guilty :lol:

As numpty says...what could you do? He'll be having the op or sleeping afterwards. He'll understand......You need to be as well as possible for when he comes home.

I do understand how you feel......I would feel exactly the same about Peter.
    He's always with me at appointments etc He has a day op in March on his foot and wont let me be there. He says if I take him and pick him up {cant drive after the op} ....Its not very far away....thats all he wants. He doesnt want me hanging around the hospital all day....yet when I have had day ops he has hung around the hospital waiting for me :?
    Take care of yourself for the minute pet.
    Oh by the way....that text went to the person below you as well :lol:
    I wasnt thinking straight :o
    Love
    Hileena
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hi DD, I hope the op went well and Mr DD is now lying asleep and mending. Hope you feel better too. I understand your guilt and need to be with him, if it helps though, when I had my appendix out (a similar rush job) I asked people to leave afterwards as the drugs and state of my body meant I just couldn't process people and their words. After a good recovery sleeping was ready for gentle visitors. Love to you both, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have news and it isn't too good. The op has been done and he has had his abdominal cavity swilled out - :shock: - but now they think he might have a chest infection so today will involve more bloods, Xrays and anti-bios. He's wearing an oxygen mask but reckons the hospital are covering their various backs. He's very fed up because he won't be coming home - I am rather pleased though 'cos it means I won't have to change the bed. :wink:

I managed some sleep last night but the mooing has resumed. :( I need to shape up and osrt myself out. Or even sort myself out. :roll: DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Oh DD, can nothing ever be straight forward!!
    I'm thinking of you both, ((((())))) Please try not to over do things.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Morning DD hope you got some sleep last night and are feeling a wee bit better this morning...............good news OH got his op last night hope everything went well and he is feeling a lot better try and keep us updated as much as you can ...................tc...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    DD Maybe they are covering their backs but the last thing you need right now is to get a chest infection yourself.Ok..You will be going to see him so pinny/gloves and mask spring to mind. They should minimise the risk to you. Just be sensible. It never rains but it pours and of course you felt guilty but thats a normal reaction. Just take care as much as you can.
    Now I only hope that when I press post this doesn't disappear into cyber space.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    As ever, May is the voice of reason and practical advice. Do as she says, DD, please. I hope the tests go well and you can both start to see an end to all this hospital malarky. (())
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    DD, you moo away. You deserve it. You must be so so worried. But as your hubby said, they are probably just covering their backs. And please, dont feel bad on yourself. It's not your fault you have this bl**dy arthur. You are doing what you can, and hubby knows this.

You need to make sure that when he comes home, you are rested up and able to give him your attention.

I am thinking of you both and really hope that hubby is back home very soon. (dont worry about changing beds, I'm sure hubby wont mind).
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah no, he needs a fresh duvet etc as his side was sodden on Thursday!

Right, I've brought out the big guns, I've just downed a 100mg slow-release tramadol. Thank god I'm not used to them so I should feel a proper difference in a few hours time. I haven't had any steroids as yet, I'll see how the trammy goes first. Meds juggling - wot larks Pip, wot larks. :roll: (For those of you who remember my early days on here yup, it echoes of the ghostly unicycle.) DruggedDaisy. :D
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Oh goodness just noticed my last post was posted just after the update so missed reading it.....................awe DD try not to fret as everyone else has said you are better trying to get well and strong for him coming home although it looks as if it will be a wee while yet if he has now got a chest infection, s*d the bed it is more important you get yourself sorted sending ((((()))))s and lots of love..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Thinking of you both and sending love . Jillyb
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi DD - I'm glad you managed to get some sleep last night and hope you are not feeling as bleak today.

I can't add to any of the advice already given, but I hope things soon improve and you are more comfortable.

Thinking of you both - Susie
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hello DD
    dont worry you are doing as best as you can and Mr DD knows that.
    you both take care
    ((((((((DDand Mr DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx