I'm in trouble.

Options

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry DD....nothing ever seems simple does it.
    As May say...look after yourself. Thats all that you would need
    on top of hubby being ill.
    Thinking about you both
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There's a deep, hot, sharp pain in my right hip and the top of my right leg is totally numb from the inside of the thigh round to the buttock. Pain is also occasionally shooting down to the outside of my right knee. I'm on very unfamiliar ground with this. The trammy is easing the worst and I've also had another 5mgs of pred. I won't lie, I'm truly bothered about this.

Thank you again for all your wonderful support - you are making this a deal easier and I am very grateful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi DD
    I have just caught up with your thread. I am sorry to see all that you and Mr DD are coping with at the moment. I hope that the antibiotics are max strength for him and that he soon can feel some improvement. As has been said, I am sure he would rather know that you are looking after your pains as he has plenty of docs and nurses to tend to him.
    But I totally get the guilt thing! Our other halves put up with a lot from us, and I know MR NB does things he didn`t sign up for in our wedding vows! Unfortunately the nature of arthur means that we aren`t able to physically return the favour, but I am sure MrDD knows you are there for him, and understands how things are xx.
    I hope the Trammy`s help, and that the hip pain subsides for you.
    I am sending healing vibes for both of you xx
    NB
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wow DD what can happen in 24hrs! Glad Mr DD had the operation done, but sorry to hear he has an abdominal infection. You need to keep strong and keep yourself as painfree as can be. Otherwise you both will be very poorly and Mr DD will not want to see you poorly! I know your feeling guilty about not being there to look after Mr DD I felt that way when my OH had his kidney op, I was kept from seeing him except for 2 hr visiting twice a day and telephone calls inbetween. But you need to look after yourself when your home by resting and keeping your pain under control. Take care and soft ((HUGS)) sent your way.
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    Thoughts and hugs are with you and Mr DD. It might be worth giving the rheumatology dept a ring and going onto a short pred burst. I know you hate having to be on them, but 20mg for 5 days may be the boost you need right now. Look after yourself as well as Mr DD. Remember, you can't be of any help to him if you are poorly too.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi DD, sorry to hear about the chest infection. Hopefully they will treat it quickly and he will be on the mend. You've got to look after yourself too, as you know very well! Use the hand gel on the ward and all that but also try and get some rest. Sometimes they let you have a room at the hospital to stay overnight, if you think that might help, then you could be nearby but nearby a bed too.

Wishing you both all the best.
    xx
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Just chipping in to lend my virtual support. I'm really sorry that Mr DD has not had things go smoothly and that you are in such a bad way too. I hope that you can both get some much needed rest soon and that your pain gets under control. So sorry. A friend introduced me to the idea of "bags of sympathy" years ago and I think now is the time to send you a masssive bag. ((()))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Update

The poor man is having a torrid time. The chest infection has resulted in one lung being very congested. He’s had physio on it this afternoon which made him cough which hurt his operation site. He could have been harbouring the infection or it could have travelled from the appendix. He’s having humidified oxygen. His kidney function is poor so he also has the indignity of a catheter. On the plus side his ECG is fine and the nurses are being wonderful.

DD is bearing up (wo)manfully as you’d expect. It can’t be easy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I am only just catching up ..couldn't get on yesterday because of the snow... :roll: only just got elec back on...
    Anyway Im here now
    DD I know what you mean about feeling guilty but your OH wouldn't have had it any other way...but I do worry has to what I would do if my OH was poorly...
    I do hope his chest infection clears up very soon...bless on top of the appendices...
    And please try... I know its not easy but be careful and look after yourself.. ....and I really do hope you feel more human very soon...I will be thinking of you both ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Positive vibes are being sent by all the Migs,special hugs for DD and mr DD. Mig
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Poor Mr DD and Mrs DD , wish we were near enough to be of help . Stay strong and ride it out . Jillyb
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Keep your pecker up DD. (((()))) This too will pass.
    Still thinking of you both.
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    As ever I send my thanks to you all and especially Sticky for doing the update.

They are becoming increasingly concerned about him because, despite being on the maximum oxygen they can give on the ward, he is only absorbing at about 90-91% and they want at least 95. His kidneys are not too happy either: having had a few bags of saline over the past 24 hours he only passed about 85ml of urine at around 2.30pm: after they catheterised him he passed over half a litre in about 15 minutes. As I left they were waiting for him to be seen by a doc with the idea of moving him to ICU for better monitoring.

He's just texted me: he's staying where he is: his appendix was gangrenous and he is staying where he is for the time being.

I'm off for a good howl. DD
  • salamander
    Options
    Oh DD, I am so sorry to hear this news. What about seeing if they have a room at the hospital where you can stay the night so you can be near by? Be strong, we are all here for you.
    take care.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Easy to say DD try and not get your self into a state(wont help your own problems), he is in the best place and by the sounds of it getting great care, remember he has got infection and a temperature which may be causing the other things, I'm sure they will be pumping strong anti-biotics into him, hopefully that will sort him out soon. I hope your wee greet will help sort out your emotions it's always a good release.
    You know we are all here for you ANYTIME my thoughts are with you and Mr DD you take care thinking of you (((((((()))))))s .............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Goodness me. One thing after another. Mr DD is being very well cared for. I know he is very poorly but they will have him right as rain soon I'm sure. Have a good cry. It will ease the stress of it all and things will look a bit brighter in the morning.
    Christine
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    This may be a repeat post? I replied but it seems to have disappeared.

DD I hope things improve soon for you both.
    The only comfort that I can offer is I have had a few ops and the meds always made me forget most of the time in hospital. most of the time in ICU is forgotten, take care and try not to fret too much, MR. DD will not remember most of what is happening.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    I've jut come back on and read yours and stickys last updates.
    I'm so sorry to hear the most recent news.
    I know it sounds awful but you be careful of bugs etc....thats what you dont need now.

Love
    Hileena
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Dear DD,I have only just seen this post.I'm so sorry to hear what your dear husband and yourself are going through.I am sending tremendous healing thoughts to you both and thinking of you both.Take care of yourself and I hope you are getting some rest,you sound like you desperately need it.
    Rita xx
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hi DD

I really hope tomorrow brings a ray of sunshine for you both. It sounds like you've both somehow kept going through huge tribulations. Sending all my love and some healing vibes to you.
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I am so sorry things aren't going as well as we hoped. Mr DD is in the best place to get the care he needs. Get as much rest as you can, try to keep up your strength. Being there for him is the best thing you can do.
    Remember, when he gets home, he will run you off your feet! and won't you be happy :wink:
    Right now, a good howl may be just the release you need.
    ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning DD
    Just wondering how you and Mr DD are today???
    Either of you any better? Still sending (((((())))))
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning all. I had a rubbish night (I wonder why? :lol: ) and his wasn't much better. They decided to keep him where he is which I'm pleased about as he's in a room and there's enough space for me, the Clatterator and all my gubbins.

They have been giving him strong anti-bios since Friday but they were not having much of an effect - now we know why. The thinking is that his appendix may have been leaking for some time but his strong immune system was dealing adequately with matters until Tuesday when, for whatever reason, the perforation in the appendix widened thus letting out a gentle, steady stream of vile material into his abdominal cavity. I think they have altered the anti-bios now and he spent a distrubed night thanks to hourly obs. I will be going up at three and hope to last at least three hours up there with him. Then I shall come home and moo to my heart's content (one cannot moo in hospital in front of a poorly husband although one can assume the stance of woman in labour with forearms resting on the bed rail).

The numbness has spread to across the top of the pubic bone, it feels just like the injection a dentist gives before dong a filling. I only have a few 1mg steroids left so I shall get some more tomorrow if I am able to get to the GP. I realise that Monday morning is the time dedicated to the worried well but hopefully someone will be able to fit me in somewhere if I can get through on the phone. I've upped the diclo to three per day, I'll have another slow-release trammy soon and it's humira tomorrow which may help to restore something vaguely resembling mobility for at least a few days.

Right, I must go and have a look round and answer some other threads if I can - it'll take my mind of me and 'im and that's a good thing. There's also the tennis to listen to on't radio. Let's go Andy let's go! :D
  • salamander
    Options
    Morning DD, hope they manage to get the infection under control now they know what has happened. I hope you both have a better day.
    Tennis is live on bbc one, am watching it myself. Might distract you for a while.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    You sound a little more cheerful this morning. Mr DD will be getting the best care now they know what is wrong. Try to get plenty of rest until you go visiting. Enjoy the tennis.
    Christine