I'm in trouble.

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you SW
    DD and Mr DD I am so pleased things are looking up for you both...I hope you will make a full recovery very soon..and Mrs DD can take things easy xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He's here. After a snacky lunch I managed a big shop round Sainsbury's buying all sorts of stuff that I hope will tickle his palate. He says he wants three fishfingers, a few chips and a handful of peas for din-dins so that is easily accomplished but we have options of fresh fish, individual quiches, filled pasta, jacket potatoes, salad veg and chicken, eggs and fruit so hopefully something will appeal. The Lucozade is in the fridge and also out so he can have chilled or lukewarm.

We got half-way home when he pulled up the sleeve of his fleece to reveal the canula and double socket arrangement. A brief debate ensued as I executed a wonderful U turn (the tyres screeched!) about whether he or me could remove said items: I said I couldn't, he said he could and I said he wouldn't. Anyhoo we went straight back and they did it immediately.

We've just watched Batman with Eartha Kitt as Cat Woman. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Cor, them was the days of telly them was! Now it's the African Cup of Nations so I'm sure he will be snoozing on and off which is no bad thing. DD

PS If purchased it will be my second rollator. He's talking about getting me another car. :shock:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    So pleased for you both. Onwards and upwards.

Good luck to Nurse DD and to Mr DD.

Susie :)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Glad you're home Mr D D you can watch all the sport you want till the week_end then the 6 nations are on.
    Ok DD Sticky wont say what you and her are out on bail for ,are you going to let on ? Or will I have to with hold all alcoholic beverages. Mig
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    :D Great news.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have to admit, Mig, that it was not our finest hour. :oops: It involved an inflatable sheep, some hose pipe, a rugby ball, French knickers, three policemen (well, they said they were policemen) and a llama. It was bl**dy good fun though! :D It's amazing how many people lack a sense of humour, I blame Sticky for bending over but hey-ho . . . . . . :wink:

Bring on the Six Nations: proper men playing a proper game, all hunky thighs, arms and chests and very few over-paid divas in their numbers. Bliss.

We're both whacked so shortly off to our separate beds. He'll sleep better for being at home and I'll 'sleep' just the same but no matter, his rest is the important thing.

Once again I send my sincere thanks to all for your wonderful support over the past few days. DD
  • mig
    Options
    DD you're just as mad as Sticky!

Sleep well both of you. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    That's great news. Mr DD will be back to his usual self in no time now. DD, you can relax now and hopefully that'll help make you feel better too. Hope you both have a good night's sleep.

You and Sticky are naughty girls. :lol::lol:
    Christine
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Sleep will my lovlies :D
  • mig
    Options
    Hope you both had a good night and things start improving. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have to admit, Mig, that it was not our finest hour. :oops: It involved an inflatable sheep, some hose pipe, a rugby ball, French knickers, three policemen (well, they said they were policemen) and a llama. It was bl**dy good fun though! :D It's amazing how many people lack a sense of humour, I blame Sticky for bending over but hey-ho . . . . . . :wink:

:shock: I was doing OK until you rolled up with that pogo stick :P
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We went to our separate beds at 9pm, I toddled dwon to him at 8.30am to find on him on my side - :shock: - because his side was sopping wet. One soggy Tshirt on the floor next to the bed, another soggy Tshirt being worn. I've changed the bed and his pillow. He's had a soft-boiled egg, toast and his meds, I'm off to shower and do my meth. Oy veh, vot a life. :roll: I'll be back later, we're dressing-changing now. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    :o I am really surprised if not a little shocked. He assures me he has been told he can shower and they have indeed sent him home with some spare dressings but, when I peeled off the soggy one I was expecting summat underneath that. Indeed there was. His stapled wound. I'm not good with my wounds let alone anyone else's but no flinching was permissable so I got on with it.

It's a good four inches long with seven well-spaced staples. It's all colours of the rainbow thanks to the bruising but he must be healing 'cos there was nothing inbetween each staple apart from a neat line. I keep forgetting he is an ordinary mortal, not an immuno-suppressed wreck of one like wot I is.

I answered the phone earlier to be confronted by a sobbing, coughing woman. It turned out to be his assistant at work who has a bad cold and has been told to go home. I honestly thought soneone had died from the way she was carrying on. :roll:
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello DD. Glad to know that everything seems to be improving for you both and that you now have your OH home once again. Not sure about your antics with Sticky - sounds hilarious though!? Hope Mr DD enjoys all the sport and the 'naps' as well. You both deserve a break from all the traumas you have undergone recently.

Take care of yourself. ((())) Beryl
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh DD......dont know who's the maddest....you or sticky :lol::lol:
    I'm glad things are getting back to normal....or as normal as possible at the minute
    You take care of yourself.

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry, as my long day of infusion is now at long last kicking in Wey Hey, I will have to reply to this post tomorrow, DD and Sticky, through trials and tribulations you still keep the humour coming through, I am not forgetting the rest who give their input as well.................nite all......xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good morning,
    How are the patient and Dr Daisy this morning?
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The patient is doing a damn sight better than his nurse. He sends his thanks to you all for your support during the last few days, he found it comforting to know that people were looking out for me and he appreciates all your good wishes for him. His sense of humour (never that far away even during the larger indignities of his hospital experience) is back to the fore which is an encouraging sign! :) DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so glad Mr DD is home and on the mend! And you DD are so much happier. And as for crazy you and Sticky are the Thelma & Louise of the Forum but with more comedy!! Without you pair my days would be very boring!!
  • Nasic
    Nasic Member Posts: 16
    Options
    DD and Mr DD sound like a comedy duo!

Glad to see both of you are on the mend :)
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad he is doing good DD, sounds as though you are not out of the woods yet, I know it must be so hard but you will have to try and rest as much as you can, it's good to see you still have your humour throughout all your pain, so

Thank you DD and SW for your comedy show it certainlty brightens up my day......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'm so glad Mr DD is much better. I hope you are taking care of yourself too DD. You do seem happier but wish you also felt better.
    Christine
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Glad to hear he is well.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    I'm so glad mr dd is home you both need to take it easy
    Maria
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    sounds like you both need lots of rest and tlc. Try to take it easy and I hope you are both back on your feet soon.