Options
    DD as always you are both in my thoughts

Sending more Hugs ((((((())))) to you and get well wishes to Mr DD

Love Julie x
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ok DD...Here is the voice of reason.It could have been a lot worse had Mr DD not gone to hospital. It sounds like the infection has taken quite a hold on him but ani-bios through a drip are definately the best meds.
    Its possible they will do a kidney function test if this is what they are worried about.Its pretty straightforward and painless.
    Its you that we are worried about. You know...so you don't need me to tell you that stress makes you worse. Try not to worry...I know its difficult but TRY. Mr DD will be fine. Its just totally unexpected complications which are getting sorted.
    Do not catch this chest infection. The ward should be able to provide you with all the cover ups to at least minimise the chance.
    Yes..now the tennis...Andy just won 1st set. Its on BBC 1.
    Take care my friend (((((()))))) May
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi DD.

You are really going through it aren't you? Poor Mr DD and poor you. I have to say I am worried about your numbness. Can you not grab a doc while you are at the hospital anyway? As a spiney we are told that numbness where you describe should be looked at straight away. I suppose it could be different for you though? Anyway, more bags of sympathy on the way to both of you. ((()))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm thinking of you. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Hello DD,

We haven't spoken before, but I have been thinking about both you and your husband. Wishing you both well :)

Catie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He has sent me some encouraging news. After the hours of hourly obs etc they have now removed the drips, the catheter and oxygen can be used as and when he feels he needs it. My thinking is they caught the kidneys just in time (well done that nurse yesterday) and that the new anti-bios have better targeted the infections once they realised the extent of the damage to his appendix. Having the constitution of an ox is also useful.

Hopefully he will stay firmly perched on this first rung of the recovery ladder.

Once again my thanks to you all for your continued and wonderful support, the difference you have made is awesome (in the proper sense of that word). ((((())))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    That is very encouraging news DD it sounds as if he is on the mend now, hopefully making you feel a wee bit better although you need to get yourself sorted at the GP's tomorrow, hopefully the next update will be even better, you take care, some more ((((()))))s to keep you both going..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Good to hear better news , hopefully now they fully know what they're dealing with , they can focus on putting him back together ! Sending love , hugs and more positive vibes . Hubby and I are here whenever you're in need of another voice to talk to . Jillyb
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    So sorry you have both been going through such a bad time of it again DD but glad to hear that things are improving. He is in good hands and getting the care he needs so you need to make sure that you are getting your rest and not over stretching the limited resources that we have so that when Mr DD gets home you are not the one that goes downhill because you have not heeded your own advice that you so wisely give to others. Rest, rest and more rest if needed ok?

Thinking of you both. Dee x
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    pleased to hear latest news. x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Great News DD after the worry of yesterday! Looks like 'the only way is up!!' As the old Yazz song goes! So you can reduce your stress levels alittle. Try and give yourself some you time to get yourself stronger now! Enjoy Andy Murray! I think half of Britian must be watching it, It's currently Djokovich 2 - Murray 1. Come on Andy!! You take care DD, (((()))) to both you & Mr DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dd glad they caught things in time rest when you can ((())) val
    val
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Well that is much better news :D
    Now you can take care of you!
    (((())))
    Thinking of you both,
    Numpty
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Oh DD, it's so good to hear things are improving for Mr DD. I hope that you begin to get some comfortableness and things ease for you too. Love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Excellent news DD. Now rest as much as you can.You are good at giving this advice to me but my bet is you don't like to take it.I am thinking of you both. ((((())))) GP tomorrow yes!
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Thats great news.....Now you can relax a little bit and think about yourself as well!!! OK!! This is your mother speaking :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello DD. Do hope that your really rough time is coming to an end and that Mr DD's recovery will now continue without further problems. Try and take care of yourself. We are all thinking of you and wishing you both well. Beryl ((())) p.s. shame about the tennis result, guess we can all get on with what we should have been doing!!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    He's back on the oxygen, he's asked me to take in a new book and a paper so he must be feeling a litle better as he wants to do stuff.

I can drive Miss Daisy. :D The last of the snow and ice cleared from her, she started (not used the central locking at all to preserve her battery) and it's great to be back in the car I know and love. I'm off soon to the hospital for another three hours of hospital chair hell. :roll: DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thinking of you both.Mig
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Give him our regards hun.
    Ask one of the staff if there are any decent chairs for you.
    X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Making one of my occasional trawls of LWA and found this thread. DD I'm so sorry that you and Mr DD have had such a traumatic time of it over the past few days. What a nightmare. Hope the numbness gets addressed tomorrow with some urgency as opposed to the hoards of worried well that Monday mornings inevitably bring. Take care you both and especially mind the driving to hospital and back. Mat xxx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Sounds like he is on the mend DD. His condition seems to be more manageable now. Now you need to start taking better care of yourself, you know he will be home soon, and you are going to need to be in good form.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD I'm so pleased to see things are getting easier and Mr DD is feeling a little better thank goodness he went to hospital, now please look after your self...((((((()))) xx to both of you
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh DD

I am so glad things for you're hubby are improving now, and yes, three cheers for that nurse.

And you, being on your own and having these news pains and numbness. I do hope that you still entend to ring your gp tomorrow. You need to see them, for yourself.

I will make sure I look on here tomorrow and hope to see that you did contact your doctors.

No pressure. But you shouldn't be going through this with the situation as it is. (hubby in hospital)

Lets hope you manage some sleep tonight DD.
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Once again I extend my thanks to one and all. It's been a curate's egg of a day (for those who are too young to understand that reference it means a mixture of good and not so good).

The good? I've probably already told you but I can't remember. :oops: He's been released from the drips (although the canulas are still in place and wisely-so), the catheter removed and, finally, the drain was taken away this afternoon as it had finished draining. The not-so-good part is that he still needs the oxygen as the bottom of his right lung is congested / consolidating and partially collapsed. Without his saturation levels fall below 80%, with they rise to 90 - 92% which is better. His CPR has dropped from 369 to 260 and he has seven staples (still beat him on that one!) He's getting on very well with all the nurses but they have yet to experience full 'flirt on' mode which is worth witnessing. :wink: Ye gods the man is personable. :lol:

Me? I have grand plans about contacting doctors etc but they won't come to fruition. I'm too tired, in too much pain, I can't be bothered, end of. I may receive some physical help tomorrow from a friend and that might galvanise me but, for the time being, **** it. I have to humira tomorrow, that may work a miniscule miracle. Yeah, right. Maybe we all have grand plans in the morning but, come the evening, we recognise their futility. DD