I'm in trouble.

Options

Comments

• Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Poor you DD you're quite wiped out - not surprisingly. What a worrying time you've had. Hope you and Mr DD get a good night's sleep in your seperate places and the pain subsides. And please do phone the doctor in the morning - you really are important, not least to Mr DD. It's good to let them know about him anyway and that way they know the pressure you are under too. Hoping he'll be flirting with those nurses in no time. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Forget about the GRAND plans methinks SIMPLE plans are better YES, you will be no good to Mr DD if you are going to be laid up for his home coming am I right? simply lift the phone in the morning and phone the surgery simple as, get yourself sorted, please even pretty please, that will be you sorted then......................tc................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    What would you tell any of us? Please DD take your own advise and phone your gp in the morning.Mig
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    villier wrote:
    Forget about the GRAND plans methinks SIMPLE plans are better YES, you will be no good to Mr DD if you are going to be laid up for his home coming am I right? simply lift the phone in the morning and phone the surgery simple as, get yourself sorted, please even pretty please, that will be you sorted then......................tc................Marie xx

Quite!
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Sorry to nag DD but please call your own GP this am. I am worried as are the rest of us. We understand that you are wiped out but please call. Nag over, here's a hug (((()))).

Love Helen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Aaaand relax

She's seeing the doc this morning.

I don't know about you lot but I know I'm mightily relieved. Thank you, DD, for lowering many forum BPs :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Do you think DD will go..or shall we have to take her... :roll: I do hope so or she will be in no fit state to see to both of them...come on DD we are all coming with you to make sure...((((((()))))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Positive vibes , hugs , cuddles , kisses , cook you a pot of chicken soup ; so much we wish we could do to help ; but can't ! Thinking of you and your lovely hubby all day . Jillyb
  • villier
    Options
    Thanks Sticky, at last she has listened to reasoning, aaaaaaah, fingers crossed now xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Phew! I'm glad that the doctor is seeing you DD. I was worrying last night so it's great that hopefully they will have some help for you today. Hope there's more improvement for Mr DD and that you start to feel better as well. Thinking of you both, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Do you think we should run a book on whether DD will go and see the G.P or make an excuse to get out from going? Only Joking!! She had better go or she will have the rath of AC crew on her back!! I can imagine when your 100% drained that going to the G.P's is a real slog and getting out of it is tempting. I hope she goes and listen's to what he/she has to say and goes along with it. Mr DD seems to be slowly on the mend the way things are sounding he will be coming home from hospital and will have to take care of DD!! I hope she's ok, and rests the rest of the day. Take care DD!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm back.

It's OA in the right hip, caused by the OA in my ankles and knees which was brought about thanks to the joint damage caused by the PsA.

I would like to take this opportunity to extend my grateful thanks to the GP who ignored my swelling left knee for five years, to the intial rheumatology doctors for wasting another year in telling me I didn't belong in their gang, and to the ortho surgeon who refused me new knees in late summer 2011 on the grounds I was too young and too fat (Ive seen fatter people having theirs done) . Their combined efforts have led to the hell in which I find myself today and thus they can bask in the glow of a job well done.

I would also like to sincerely thank my current rheumatologist who is doing her best and my current GP who is an absolute angel. I will KBO because they haven't given up on me (although, between ourselves, I have).

I'm off to do the humira and practise the brave face for my husband (who is doing much as yesterday) . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Hey that's some Bafta speech DD. I'm glad you went even if it was just confirmation of what you already suspected and is not anything anyone can do 'owt about apart from the obvious thing of pain killers and rest. Good docs are worth their weight but the many bored ones who are only in it for the dosh and kudos or even worse the power kicks are just the pits.

Hope the brave face goes on well but Mr DD knows you like the back of his hand I'm sure so it won't matter unduly if it slips. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww DD
    I am so sorry you have been messed about over the years..there are some brilliant doctors out there but like you say some that couldn't care less..I have done them all.
    But you went.. and now you know what you are up against.I'm also sorry you have to put up with this on top of everything else.
    I do hope that hubby will start to feel better very soon.
    But with us lots here, and your determination, you will get there...I promise...(((((()))) xx not sure were there is but never mind... :?
    You take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    I'm so pleased you went to the docs.....I wasnt sure if you would :wink:
    I'm sorry about the bad news and the messing about.
    Hope Mr DD is a bit better today

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    Options
    Glad you went to the doc's although not very good news, sorry to hear that, hopefully the humira will help a bit with the pain, as Matt said I don't think the brave face will wash with Mr DD as he knows you only to well, hope there is a bit better news today keeping fingers crossed ((((())))).....................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi DD
    Glad you now have a good GP & rheumy
    There is nothing worse when no one takes any notice
    I think all of know more abt our condition & the effects it has on us
    Ive been really lucky these past 4 years & have GPs my Rheumy & orthopaedic consultant support me & not make me feel like there is nothing wrong
    (((((((((( HUG ))))))))))))
    Maria
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hello DD
    i'm peased you went to the doctors. i'm sorry all the problems your having that are not your fault.
    take care
    ((((((((DD and Mr DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your hip. Last thing you need at the moment but it's just as well you went. What are they planning to do about it?

Hope your husband is doing well today.
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Am glad to hear that you went to docs DD, well done for making the effort with all you are going through at the moment. Am pleased that Mr DD is progressing. He is being well looked after, but you need to take care of yourself too. Am thinking of you and wishing you both well soon. Beryl ((()))
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi DD.

I am glad you went to the docs but sorry that their messing around over the years has had such a result. ((()))

Hope Mr DD feels better soon and that you do too, of course.
    xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    It never rains but it pours!!
    ((((()))))
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi DD

I am really pleased that you went to see your gp too, I am still thinking of you and I hope that when you visited Mr DD he was feeling much better today.

Take care and rest your joints when ever possible
    Love & Hugs
    Julie xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I am so glad you did go to see you're gp. And regarding the other dr's who let you down. They should be ashamed.

How is hubby doing now. I do hope he is improving well. And as everyone else has said, DD you make sure you look after yourself. You need to be on top of things for when hubby comes home. I hope you manage to get a better night sleep. Has he given you anything else to take some of the pain away.

Just make sure you rest up now until hubby comes home.
    Karen xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Just back from hols, so only catching up now. I hope Mr DD is improving and that you can get some rest. Being in pain all over is no fun, and I wish you some much needed relief.

(((hugs)))