mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So pleased you went to docs,hope Mr DD is responding tp his meds.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased to report that he appears to be well and truly on the mend ; his CRP has dropped to 124 (at its highest it was 389 not 369) and his WBC is falling, both indicate that the anti-bios are dealing with the infection. He is off the oxygen but still has to use a nebuliser twice a day to try to ease the congestion in his right lung, the bottom part of which is 'reflating' which is a good thing. Hopefully he will be home later this week (with a supply of oral anti-bios) so then I can don my sexy nurses uniform and do my best Mrs Overall impression as I care for him. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    That's fantastic news. You must be very relieved.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'm glad you found out what is causing the numbness but sorry you have been messed about over the years. Sounds as if Mr DD will be home quite soon. That is good news. Take care and relax a bit now.
    Christine
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    So pleased Mr DD is on the mend and will be home soon , if he's like my hubby , he's most likely worrying about how you're coping too , so it will be good when you have him back where he belongs . Please try to rest and get yourself more relaxed too . Jillyb
  • mig
    Options
    So pleased Mr DD is getting better ,now we just have to get you sorted!Mig
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    move over Nurse Gladys Emanuelle :D
    Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Morning DD ... I'm pleased to hear Mr DD is on the mend and do hope that things soon ease for you.

Thinking of you. Susie
  • mig
    Options
    Hope you're feeling a little better this morning and Mr DD continues to improve. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He had a rotten night, yesterday evening he was moved onto a public ward (there's only three others) but he he's not used to the weird and wonderful wonderful world of an NHS ward. (He is currently being lectured by Alan (an elderly, lonely and currently nappy-wearing man) about the evils of sex before marriage.) Hospitals are rubbish places for ill people, aren't they? He is on the mend though and that is a very good thing.

I'm not on the mend and won't be but hey, I'm working on doing the stairs differently, I am adjusting to the pain, to sleeping on my back or my left side (needless to say sleeping on my right side is the much preferred option) and I will get a new Clatterator which might be easier to put in and take out of the car. The current one folds from front to back but I've found one which folds from side to side into an L shape which maybe easier to handle - I know that Tom at the disability shop will let me practise that maneouvre.

The GP has put the diclo on repeat and upped my anti-depressant to 30mgs per day for the next month. She refused any more steroids until I've talked to rheumatology but I won't bother. I love them far too much to re-start so I shall forge on without. They're not the answer, the anti-inflamms and anti-deps aren't either but they might prove to be of sufficient help. Right, end of maundering, it's time to PUASU - put up and shut up. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    So pleased that the lovely Mr DD continues to improve ; just need to get him well enough to come home so you can care for each other . Jillyb
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi DD, I'm really pleased to hear Mr DD is improving.
    The meds thing is a difficult one isn't it? It seems we're bu@@ered with them, and bu@@ered without! I'm sure you'll make the right decision, you know yourself better than anyone else. It is quite easy to "get used" to new pain, and very soon it becomes "that old pain". The dreaded Pred, can be useful short term, especially at times like this, when you have so much going on.
    I look forward to hearing about your new clatterator, (how sad am I?!!)
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    :DUpdate :D

:D HE'S COMING HOME. NOW :D She's off to fetch him and I think it will be a very happy DD household this afternoon.

Gone are the plans to take him in another flask of 'proper' tea and to go in early in order to get a parking spot.

It was quite hard to make out what was actually happening as all I could hear on the other end of the phone were squeaks of delight :lol:

WELCOME HOME, MR DD. You've made a lot of people very happy :D All we ask is that you continue with your remarkable recovery - and go easy on the missus :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Thanks for the update Sticky. That's great news. Just hope that DD can get sorted with meds to help her. They've had such a rough time recently. Please pass on good wishes to both of them. I guess you live near one another? Beryl
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Thanks for that sticky, that is brilliant news! :D
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    :D
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Thank you Sticky
    that is good news. good to have you home Mr DD i hope all goes well.
    DD now you can relax have a lovely afternoon.
    take care ((((((((DD and Mr DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    Options
    Hurray for Mr DD,welcome home. Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hooray! That is good news although I hope his education on the evils of sex before marriage was completed before he was discharged. Good luck with being Nurse DD and thank you for the update Sticky. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Thanks for the update Sticky
    Thats great news.
    I'm pleased that she is looking after herself and her meds are getting changed
    I've lost track...ist this the 2nd or 3rd clatterator??
    She was changing it after she hurt her ribs {dont know if she did} so curious to know if its the 2nd one or the 3rd one.
    So glad everything is improving

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I guess you live near one another? Beryl

Not at all. It's a condition of our bail that there must be 100s of miles between us :wink:

I don't know about you lot but I'm still buzzing :D
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Think we are all buzzing Sticky :D

Now then what did you both do that you're now on bail :?: Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm afraid I can't disclose that, mig, under the Official Secrets Act but I promise you no animals were harmed :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Ha, that's why you had such trouble getting a passport! :wink:
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Great news Sticky thanks for the update :D do you know if DD has rung her Rheumatology nurse to speak about her meds, hope so, I'm sure Mr DD will come on in leaps and bounds now that he is home and hopefully now that there is not as much stress now hope that her pain level will have subsided a bit, don't be getting over excited now DD :wink: ..............tc............both of you..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles