Many thanks to...........

Options

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Tezz, not-so-dear Sidney and very undear Nellie,

I think the pupil is showing great application and determination and should be awarded at least 3 stars.

There are many things that arthritic fingers fail to excel at. My supreme failure(s) were when my stomach first bridled at NSAIDS and they therefore prescribed them in suppository form :? I must have rescued more from the bathroom floor than I ever succeeded in getting in situ as it were. I guess a stoma is that with multiple knobs on but I'm sure you'll find ways and means.

Come on steroids! Do your stuff.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Suppositories and I have never had a good relationship. The ' H ' word has been uttered today - HOME on Monday if I can fly solo over the weekend with Sidney Stoma!!

Please keep everything crossed for me.

If I come through all this I'm going to write a book about ' The Adventures of Tezz, Nellie & Sidney.' No pictures though!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Tezz :)

I can 'hear' how you are feeling much more up-beat!

I think you are doing really really well :)

I am so glad the H word has been mentioned. I have only one piece of advice here for you - get the nurses to sort out your TTOs early and I mean early (tablets to take home with you).....many were the times Lucy and I waited all day just for those!!! Once it was 10pm, but we still went home :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Tezz,

You are doing so well, and you are sorting Sidney stoma too. He won't dare misbehave when you have 'that look' in your eye that all good teachers have.

And going home soon too - wow (but not too soon you get overwhelmed)

Sending love your way

Yvonne t99005.gif
  • theresak
    Options
    AND I'VE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!

My first SOLO changing of Sidney has been inspected and passed.

One more step taken on my long journey. I can't take these steps without your support, so thank you so much for walking this road with me.

Tezz xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :o:DA++ my girl. Go to the top of the class. In this case, the ward :wink:

Seriously, Tezz, that's a big achievement for anyone but especially for you with your very unco-operative fingers. Well done!
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh my. I realised / recognised that things were rough beyond reason but not to this degree. I am humbled by your courage, humour, and strength. I send you many hugs ((((( ))))) and love. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    Options
    Sidney & I are going home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, Nellie is coming too, but hopefully she'll be dealt with in the fullness of time. Right now, I'm looking forward to my own bed.

With thanks to you all, and in anticipation of your continued support.

Tezz xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Our continued support is a given, Tezz. Hopefully, you'll be leaving Nellie behind on another visit. Meanwhile keep on keeping on with Sidney. At home :D:D:D:D
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I hope you got home and Sidney is behaving well. No need to post. I just wanted to pop in and say hello :D
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    Yes, we were home by 2.30 Monday afternoon. It's so good to be home, but I wish I didn't feel as weak as a kitten, though I'm told this is normal. So far since Monday, I've had 3 visits from the Community Nurse, a phonecall from the Community Stoma Nurse, a phonecall from my Stoma Nurse at the hospital, & a call from my GP. Anyone would think they were keeping tabs on me!! I have to admit it is reassuring to know they are on hand.

I just want some energy - even a modicum would do. My hands are continually playing up, so Nick has to get my anti - DVT stockings on and off for showers, bless him. I have another home visit on Monday. In the middle of all this Nick had his stitches out today after his mole removal op last Weds.

Sidney is doing a good job for me - we're just about best buddies now, after the initial ' getting to know you ' period. A van came today bearing another box of medical supplies - deep joy. Another van came later bearing a bouquet from a friend, and a lovely flower arrangement from our sons. People are kind.

More of the adventures of Sidney anon.

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I can understand your frustration at feeling so 'feak and weeble' (as we say in this household) but you have a great deal going on and much to contend with. Be kind to yourself, give yourself time to adjust and let those around you do everything they can to help: for sure there are nicer ways to be a 'lady of leisure' but things are as they are. ((((( ))))) DD
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    You have done amazingly well in a very short time and considering the major upheaval your poor body has undergone. Glad you have a supportive team around you. Take lots of rest, tacklingSidneyand living with Nellie is quite enough to deal with. Thank you so much for updating us at such a difficult time. You have amazing spirit.Big hugs, xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wow Tezz you are a trooper! Even being totally washed out you are on top form, I wish I had your 'get up and go'. Plus you have to squatters Naughty Nellie and Sid. I certainly couldn't be like you, I would be more 'not get up but stay'!!
    I'm on team Tez! You keep fighting, but make sure you rest recharge your mojo so you have the energy to evict Nellie. You take care love and hugs. bubbadog
    Love your adventures of Sidney and Nellie!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    Sorry Im late been being rewired ..wish it was me but its my house..I really do wish you a good recovery on this stage then they can zap Nellie..feels strange saying this its my late mums name...you are doing well ..it took my brother ages to do the stoma bag...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    theresak wrote:
    I wish I didn't feel as weak as a kitten, though I'm told this is normal. So far since Monday, I've had 3 visits from the Community Nurse, a phonecall from the Community Stoma Nurse, a phonecall from my Stoma Nurse at the hospital, & a call from my GP.

No wonder you're tired :wink:

It's good that you're home and being well-cared for but, yes, you've had an op, an anaesthetic, lots of unwanted exercise in getting to grips with Sidney and not enough meds for your arthritis. You will feel very weak for some time. That's OK. You are allowed to laze about like Lady Muck and issue orders. Your job is to rest and recover. ((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    Well, a very bad 2/3 days - My copy of my surgeon's letter made for very scary reading, my joints are in open rebellion, & Nellie is being particularly nasty. So, I ask, where are my courage & spirit now - truth is, they've been AWOL. Nick's soggy shirt will testify to that, after copious tears on his shoulder.

My GP came on Friday bearing oramorph, and tomorrow is another day, when , hopefully, I may have given myself a mental kick up the backside and feel better in mind & body.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You are on a long and very hard road - arthritis is an amateur with pretensions to grandness compared to the devastation other diseases can wreak on our bodies and spirits. It is not wrong to feel as you do, it's completely permissible and understandable so don't fight it; acknowledging your feelings (and telling others what's happening to you emotionally) is the best way to deal with them and thus regain the energy and strength to resume the fight. And you will because you are a fighter, always have been, always will be.
    ((( ))) DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You are wrong, Tezz. Your courage and spirit have not gone AWOL. There is no shame in treading water sometimes to re-coup what the healthy call 'energy'. One day at a time is all we / you can do. The better-coping days will return and Nasty Nellie will be nuked. And we will be here for the good times and the bad. ((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Sending lots of love to a very lovely lady xxxxx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Me too. (((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thinking of you still Tezz

Love

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    Options
    Thank you for thinking of me - things are not going well here. Nellie is causing mayhem, though Sidney is still doing his bit. After 2 visits today from GP, & one nurse, I narrowly avoided having to be readmitted to hospital. Hope the next couple of days bring some improvement.

So now you know - I'm a fraud : not brave at all. While the last few days have undoubtedly been rough, I shall keep plodding along trying to show Nellie who's boss. My GP is calling again tomorrow, and so , apparently is my PP, who phoned today. If he follows the GP, that ought to make the neighbours' tongues wag!!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Tezz

When Lucy was going through her Leukaemia treatment , at 16, all the other kids on the ward said they weren't brave either. They got a bit cross about that word. Making the best of a bad hand really and toughing it out are closer to the truth.

You are doing the right thing 100%

Keep plodding on and deal with each issue as it comes along. You will get there. Attitude is crucial in my opinion and yours is good so you'll get there :)

Keep the neighbours talking Tezz :wink:

Sending spoons strength and love as well as ((())

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Dealing with the inevitable does not make someone brave. It's how one deals with it that can.

I can 'hear' how tough it is, Tezz, but you keep on keeping on, you are honest about your feelings and you are still trying to raise a smile. In your current circumstances that must be as good as anyone can get. You are far from being a 'fraud'. You are utterly genuine. And we admire you for it.
    Steven Wright