edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello my lovely, I am thinking of you. ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I've been thinking of you over Easter and hoping you got some time out to be with your family. I send a few more ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    ((((( ))))) DD
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Thank you so much again for your kind wishes and gentle hugs - they are much appreciated.

I'm still in hospital - they admit you with one thing & immediately look for others . So far I've had saline dripped into me & tomorrow it will be magnesium as my salt cells are very sparse, plus they are are probably giving me a blood transfusion in an effort to boost my haemoglobin. What more? I find myself wondering. I'm to start a new tablet tomorrow - a slow release one, so hopefully will be in less pain, though I still have other tablets for breakthrough pain. Nellie must be laughing her socks off!!She's causing mayhem.

My son, daughter in law & my two beautiful grandsons came on Sunday - so pleased to see them & they give such lovely hugs and kisses. Jacob said he didn't mind the change of plan, as " my day isn't ruined 'cos any day with Gran is a good one." - bless him, he'll go far.

Talking of hugs, DD, it was absolutely no problem to give them some from you.

Must go,

Tezz x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    theresak wrote:
    Jacob said he didn't mind the change of plan, as " my day isn't ruined 'cos any day with Gran is a good one." - bless him, he'll go far.

Oh Tezz, that young man is a star already. How lovely! He will, indeed, go far and acquire many good friends in the process.

So, you are still being 'procedured'? Oh shute and bilhooks! You must be exhausted with it all. I guess, if it helps, it will be worth it and I do hope it helps.

With luck, your next post will be from home. I send more (((((((((( ))))))))))s to be retained or distributed as you wish. And more admiration for your stoicism. xxx
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Ahhh.....

Tezz I was feeling quite upset for you with all that's going on drips and transfusions Nellie being so naughty :x etc until l got to the end and read about that gorgeous boy Jacob!!

What an absolute darling he is :)

I am sending you much love and strength and ((()))

Hope you feel a good bit better after the transfusion.

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am thinking of you. ((((( ))))) are yours and ((( ))) are for the family. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((((( ))))) ((( ))) DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Dear Tezz,

How lovely of Jacob, you will long remember that little comment and smile, even on days when Nellie is a horror, and so you should.

I'm hoping you will be home soon, though not until you have been boosted with top class blood and any other ways they can to help you stay home longer.

Love from all of us
    Yvonne
    Xxxxxxx ((((((()))))))
  • theresak
    Options
    Thank you again - still in hospital, and on day 4 of a five day infusion to try and thin my blood, which Nellie constantly disrupts . i have bruises all over from attempts by the vampires to take my blood.

It's now 14 days & counting, and much as I long to be at home, I feel so very, very tired.Damian, my older son, has been bringing me Portuguese custard tarts, which I love. Not quite as good as the real thing, but there's a new deli opened in the village near his house, and they do taste wonderful. He keeps making remarks about my ' cravings,' - who knows what I'll fancy next week.

My grandsons face timed about their first competitive cricket matches, and gave me a ball by ball account. Jacob had a particularly rosy glow as it was his first time captaining the U13s.Ethan opened the bowling & the batting for the U10s, and was still buzzing. They were so happy & smiley, and brightened my day - I'm so very lucky with my family.Let's face it - Nellie can & will do her worst, but my family will keep me going.

I shed a lot of tears today - just so tired of being tired, tired of needles, tired of drips. I couldn't stop crying once I'd started, so I think Nellie won her 'round ' today, but tomorrow is another day.

Thank you all again for walking this road with me.

Tezz xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh Tezz, of course you're weary of the whole round of needles and drips and everything else. Your determined lack of self-pity is astonishing.

Those grandsons of yours are lovely young people, aren't they - talented, kind and generous and, apparently, good leaders too. It's rare that a young lad will be allowed to open both batting and bowling. He must be exceptional.

Now, about these Portuguese tarts - what about sharing some of them? If Damian could buy a few extra we could all roll up to your bedside and see if they really are that good.

I hope your next update is from home but, wherever, I send many gentle ((((( )))))s. Please feel free to share them around as you see fit. xx
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    They were having an MDT meeting today to discuss my case. I don't yet know the outcome, but I don't expect it to be good. Whatever comes,we have to deal with it, and we'll do that as a family.

This has been my first ' drip free' day since I was admitted two weeks ago, which was nice. I spent part of the morning trying to console a lady called Rita, who is desperate to get home, but isn't allowed yet. We gave her the number for the small local firm who installed my stairlift, and she's already got her son to sort it for her. She's 88, and sharp as a tack, a lovely lady, & I was so pleased to be able to help. I sat and gave her a hug, bless her.

Bedtime now, I think - I find the nights difficult, no distractions so too much time to think.

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((((((( ))))))) DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I have no doubt that, whatever the results of the meeting, you and your lovely family will deal with it.

That lady was very lucky to have you to hand, not just for the comfort but, apparently, for stair lift advice too.

The nights? Hospital wards can be unsettling at night and the constant footage doesn't help with sleep. Don't be too brave, Tezz. I had a nightmare and a meltdown one night after my mastectomy. A lovely nurse brought me a cuppa and just listened to me for some time. The old British stiff upper lip is a good default position, I reckon, but there are times when the lip must wobble. Please feel free to wobble towards us. We'll think no less of you.

((((( )))))
    Steven Wright
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Hello Tezz, just to say I'm thinking of you so much and sending hugs ((((. )))).

Your family sound wonderful (just like you)and your neighbour in the ward is so lucky to have you nearby. These hospital relationships can be very meaningful and humanity gets us through tough times.

Nightimes are the worst in hospital.I listen to audio books on my tablet which stops the mind wandering and distracts a bit from pain. Might block out some ward noises too😕.

Hope the MDT meeting comes up with the best possible plan for you to be as comfortable as possible - please don't hesitate to let them know how you feel.

You are doing amazingly well in the face of the toughest times imaginable.

Take great care,more gentle hugs coming your way xxxx
  • theresak
    Options
    I have no results yet - we're waiting for Mr. Hainsworth to come. The vascular man came & inspected my wound, & although it hasn't healed yet he's happy there's no infection, and no reason to keep me in hospital.

Mr. Hainsworth will have the last say, and hopefully I can go home this afternoon.

I still feel like my emotions are in absolute turmoil, but like I said before, we will all pull together, whatever happens.

Tezz xx
  • mermaid
    Options
    Everything crossed for your escape home and for lots of emotional support from community services etc once there.
    Are you in contact with Macmillan? Forgive me if you have already said. It all depends on the individual nurses as always, but they do understand how difficult the journey is.
    Hope Mr Hainsworth comes soon Tezz, so much waiting in this game (((()))) xxxxxxx
  • theresak
    Options
    Hi Mermaid,

Thanks for your advice - my. GP has contacted the Macmillan nurses, who will get in touch when I come out.

I'm still waiting for Mr. Hainsworth, but he has a full clinic this morning.

I know I'm still weak and wobbly, but I want to go home.

Tezz x
  • mermaid
    Options
    So glad your GP is on the ball. Of course you want to get home, no place like it, especially when you have such a loving supportive family. Hope you will be tucked up in your own bed very soon, hang on in there :-) xxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I hope that Mr H turned up and you are now at home - home is always the best place, yes?

Here come the hugs: ((((( ))))) ((( ))) DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    And more from me. ((((( )))))
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Sending more hugs (((( )))) big group squish!
    By the way, Macmillan help have a helpline if you need to talk to someone. X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((((( ))))) ((((( ))))) DD
  • mermaid
    Options
    And more from me ((((( ))))0
  • theresak
    Options
    I'm finally home, with nurses calling to dress my wound, which is taking forever to heal.

I'm sorry, but there's no easy way of saying this - Nellie has spread, and is obviously winning. Gutted; devastated. I see the oncologist next week.

Tezz x