Options
    Thank you DD, for your support.

Tezz x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tezz,

Love and warm thoughts from all the team, I hope you see sunshine today, it's here in N Wales, I hope it will make you smile

Love
    Yvonne
    Xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello my lovely; I have been, I am and I will be thinking of you.

((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    How on earth would I manage without all your wonderful support?

I've been so touched by your messages - in a dark place at the moment, so really glad to know you are thinking of me.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am not surprised that things are dark at the moment; hopefully knowing we are here sheds at least a glimmer of light We care, end of. ((((( ))))) DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    She's right, you know, Tezz. I am thinking of you very much and sending tons of positive vibes and good wishes. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello my lovely, bold but gentle hugs are here for you to collect whenever convenient.

((((((( ))))))) DD
  • theresak
    Options
    Thank you so much. I'm waiting for the stoma nurse to come and check Sidney. My GP is ringing this afternoon to let me know if I can have some steroids - I have a monster flare, and my left shoulder feels like it's clamped tightly in a steel vice. I refused to ring my rheumy as I'm fed up with her prescribing useless gel, so my GP is checking it out for me. He reckons I have enough on my plate.

The wound from the blood clot surgery is slow to heal fully - and as my GP said yesterday, I can't exactly let the air get to it.

Feeling more than a tad fed up, and I haven't even mentioned Nellie...............
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's little wonder that you are feeling fed up, you are being pushed to limits that you didn't know you had (and never wanted to find). I hope your wish for steroids is granted, anything to alleviate the RA will be welcome; I guess your body is too busy being on the attack to bother with something helpful like healing. :roll: DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Nothing is ever simple, is it? I hope that Sidney has been sorted and the steroids may be prescribed. I heartily wish that Nellie would just 'pack her trunk and trundle back to the jungle' but maybe that's a tad optimistic.

I send more gentle ones for a much-admired, very brave ( although she stoutly denies it) lady.

((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    Definitely not brave - I had an unscheduled visit from the nurse yesterday, who listened while I off-loaded my fears & worries. Bless her - she'd only popped in to " see how I was."

My GP rang with the news I can have my steroids, so hopefully things on the RA front might improve. I had a fall yesterday while Nick was out - just trying to reach something. Fortunately I was in our bedroom, so not too much damage apart from a bumped head on my stoma box, a bruised ' tailbone, ' & injured pride. It took me ages to get up - crawled across to the bed & eventually hauled myself onto it.

Our two wonderful sons gave us a gift of money to have a break when I felt up to it, so we came today to a beautiful, peaceful single-storey cottage between Bamburgh & Alnwick. We have the wheelchair, & it was brilliant to have a change of scene - haven't been out since Christmas, apart from hospital. I cleared it with my GP, who told me to try and relax, & not think about the ' bad stuff,' if possible. And do you know, it's so utterly tranquil here, with views across the meadows to the sea, that I do feel more on an even keel. It's one more precious memory to store away, just for the two of us.

Nick can potter about on country walks, & I can sit in front of our patio doors with a good book & a view to die for. We won't be going far, but who cares? We're only about an hour & a bit from home, so handy if we have to return in haste.

Tezz xxx

PS - curled up on a comfy sofa, listening to the silence, & looking a beautiful night sky.I admit I had misgivings - never taken Sidney anywhere before - but I'm so very glad we came. A slice of normality in my topsy- turvy world.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Oh Well-done Tezz :)

What fabulous sons you have :D You have done a good job with them for them to have grown up so thoughtful.

This break is perfect for you and Nick. He can do his thing, you can do yours and the break away from it all will re-charge both of your batteries :) Stunning views and peace is so good for our spirits.

Enjoy it, you deserve it.

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh no, I am so sorry you have had a tumble, it is very easily done whereas sorting ourselves out after can be far more tiring and upsetting than the tumble itself. ((((( )))))

You are in a beautiful part of the world. Back in 2000 we stayed in Alnmouth for a week, we rented a cottage slap-bang next door to the church which chimed every hour, 1/4, 1/2/ and 3/4 for 24 hours. Lovely. :|:wink: Mr DD acquired a new nickname (Grippa Man) and me a reputation after I went around the village long after closing time on Sunday night banging on the doors of the various pubs trying to find our missing husbands. I can hear it now: 'Anyone seen Grippa Man?' then finally 'Oi! Grippa! Your wife's looking for ya!' followed by boozy gales of laughter. I wasn't laughing.

I am so pleased you have been able to get away, a change of scene (especially to one so tranquil) must be balm for the soul as well as the body. Drink it in, soak it up, recharge those flagging batteries as best you can and, the next time you see them, give your sons a hug from me: what a lovely, thoughtful gift. You've brung 'em up well, girl. ((((( ))))) DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I hope you have similar sunshine to me but it's deceptive; it looks warm outdoors but it isn't! ((((( ))))) DD
  • theresak
    Options
    DD, we've been extremely fortunate with the weather - sunshine & mostly warm, but a cool breeze off the sea today. We were in Alnmouth yesterday morning, but no sign of ' Grippa Man.' Your tale made me chuckle!

We spent the rest of the morning at our favourite, peaceful place - the Sugar Sands at Howick. It's still a glorious, peaceful spot, though more people seem to have discovered it. Our grandsons love it there - there's a particular rock which the boys jump off into the sea, known to us now as ' Jacob's Rock,' since he was always jumping off it whenever we bring them.

I don't feel particularly well, but coming here was the right thing to do, as Nick has so much enjoyed his morning & evening walks, & it's so cosy at night in front of log burning stove.

Home tomorrow, & back to reality.

Tezz x
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Dear Tezz, how lovely you have had this time away, well done to you and your special sons and husband too. Going away for this break was such a good thing to do, being in beautiful surroundings and away from hospital can certainly feed the soul and make special memories, so very important. Well done to you too as you are coping with so much and being away from home can be a challenge in those circumstances. So glad the sun shone on you both and it was all a real breath of fresh air. How lovely to visit your family's special place. Take good care and hope back to reality isn't too harsh for you. Hugs from Liz (((( ))))
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((((( ))))) DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Dear Tezz,

You said you were storing up precious memories - and so you have, and in your special place too - they will lighten up the dim days for you and for Nick. Home again now, and (whispering softly) it could be that Spring is here, so get your comfy chair just so, put the coffee table nearby with a magazine, a book, a way to chat to your friends online and a mat for your cuppa, and enjoy looking out of the window.

Thinking of you and sending DD's super strong (((((()))))) from all of us

Yvonne x
  • theresak
    Options
    You are all so very kind, with your hugs and your wise and comforting words.

We are indeed home, and for a first break with Sidney, I didn't do too badly - he behaved quite well.

As ever, Nellie was determined to be noticed, which was a nuisance, but hey, we did enjoy ourselves in spite of everything. I'm looking forward now to the weather being warm enough to sit in the garden and read/relax/enjoy our lovely flowers and plants. Our cherry tree will soon have its blossom - we planted it 19 years ago when my mam died, & I love it when it's in flower.

Thank you all so much,

Tezz x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    We give no more than you deserve, Tezz, and indeed far less.

I'm so pleased all went well enough for a good break. It seems it did, despite Nellie's best efforts. So good for all of you including your lovely family.
    I like your future plans. They sound beautifully positive.

In the interim, I send more gentle ones (((( )))) to be taken regularly as required.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I am thinking of you very much. I hope that the break enabled you to recharge your batteries and that the memories will sustain you in times to come.

What a lovely tribute to your mum, the blossom this year in my neck of the woods (Suffolk) has been beautiful. I have a white peony in my flowerbed (a gift from a dear friend) in memory of my Ma, it's still a relative newbie but its making its presence felt.

I send more bold hugs to you ((((( )))))

Brace yourself, my lovely, because here comes a curve ball :oops: May I also be very bold in sending very gentle hugs to Nick and your sons? DD
  • theresak
    Options
    Feeling gutted - back in hospital : probable blood clot, again. Please cross your fingers they can sort it without another op.

Just feeling so fed up - I should have been spending tomorrow with my sons & my two beautiful grandsons.

It's all down to Nellie - I hate her.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh. I have no words but I do have these. ((((( ))))) DD
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Echoing DD (((( )))) Do hope it can be sorted for you so you can be with your loved ones xxxxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Tezz, I do hope things are going a little better for you by now.

Of course you hate Nellie. Who wouldn't?

I do hope another op was not on the cards.

I am thinking of you very much and send more gentle ones ((( )))
    Steven Wright