Many thanks to...........

Options

Comments

• mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck today Tezz. Your courage and spirit are an inspiration, wobbles make us human and are necessary, but thank you again for sharing, it is a privilege for us and am sure will help many going or who will go through similar situations.

We are with you all the way 💐xxxxxxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Just a top up for a lovely lady. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Well, the drain was fitted Monday afternoon, after a rather complicated procedure. My surgeon had requested a particular radiographer, who explained each & every step as he went. He injected a lot of local anaesthetic, & only had a tiny ' window ' in which to insert the needle. He was very happy with the outcome, & I was very happy not to come out with a punctured lung.

I now have two bags - one on each side so at least I'm evenly balanced : Danny the drain is with me now, but for how many days I do not know.

I'm still on IV antibiotics - my 2nd lot, but my white cell count is still too high, though my CRP is now down to 60 from 295 last week.

My grandsons Facetimed tonight & I asked them to hatch an escape plan - at this rate I'll be digging a tunnel, a la Colditz!!

Danny is a rather painful, but necessary companion - I carry him everywhere, like a rather large - but unfashionable handbag, so now it's me plus an extended family of Nellie, Sidney & Danny.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    The CRP is down and that is good. Facetiming with the grandsons is also good. But I think you should now stop gathering appendages or you'll be running out of names :wink:

I'm pleased they're being so careful and thorough with you.

I am prepared to volunteer my services re organising the escape plan(s). Should we have several on the go just to be on the safe side?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello you, how's it all going? I won't be around for a little while (for pleasant reasons) but will be thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    Options
    It's going slowly, DD - but I live in hopes of getting home soon : it depends on what they find when they analyse the contents of Danny.

Enjoy your time-out.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hi Tezz,

You're doing so incredibly well. You are courageous and strong. Not only do you have your new extended family attached to you but you have us too. We shall be (virtually) by your side.

Sending gentle healing hugs.
    Love Sophie x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sending many hugs to you Tezz..we are with you all the way...let us know if we need spades for the getaway...(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Tezz,

You are so positive, I feel that's a big part of the ability to live with, and overcome, the trials you've been sent. Danny the drain will be a visitor, soon to depart, hopefully then you can get home where you can relax.

Very happy to help with breaking out when needed, not too bad at forging if you need it!

Love from the team
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    ((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    I'm home!!!!

Danny was safely - if painfully - separated from me, & a nice, neat dressing applied. Bloods not yet perfect, but good enough for now. My GP will re-test them on Friday, in the hopes I don't need more antibiotics.

I feel better than I did after the first spell in hospital in January, though not yet up to doing much. I'm being sent an appointment with the oncologist, & I have an appointment on Wednesday with my rheumy- if she's satisfied I'm infection-free I can start on steroids to calm down the RA, which would be rather good. The iron infusion has helped quite a bit - I don't feel quite so weak & wobbly.

My neighbour in the next bed was not as lucky as me - they couldn't fit a drain into her liver, so she can't have chemo, & there is nothing else they can do. It could so easily have been me.

Sidney & I are getting on well - nurses will be coming & going to inspect him, & check the wound Danny has left behind : it's all go here!

Nellie, of course, is still claiming ' squatters' rights,' but hopefully I'll start the eviction process soon.

Love & thanks to all who had spades & shovels at the ready, & I may definitely find a use for the forging skills of Yvonne - most intriguing.

Tezz x
  • mermaid
    Options
    That's wonderful news Tezz, well done!🙌 Hope so much that you will be allowed the steroids to help you feel better. Good luck with the appointments too.
    You have done amazingly well with a wonderful attitude. Enjoy being home in your own bed and with your family around you.

Take good care and sending hugs and a bit of sunshine🌄 Liz xxxxx
  • mermaid
    Options
    Whoops, what happened there with the emojis?!! Bit over the top but hope you get the sentiments:-) xxxxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Great news, Tezz. Farewell and good riddance to the dastardly Danny and here's hoping the antibios will soon join him in exile.

As for your neighbour – sometimes so much hangs on so little. When I had my mastectomy my sons were teenagers but a young woman in my ward had two little toddlers. She died a few months later. I'm still here. I guess these things teach us to appreciate the gift of life and make the most of it. I'm very pleased you are now feeling a bit more able to do things.

Nevertheless, my spade and shovel will remain at the ready. (Our Yvonne has forgery skills, then :o Best not ask how or where she acquired them 8) )
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Still thinking of you, Tezz. ((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have returned from my wanderings and send more best wishes and positive thoughts than you can shake a stick at (what the Dickens does that actually mean? :lol: ) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Tezz

Home again! Hope you are copying the cat xx :animal_busy:

Danny has left - never to return - that's one less to bother about. Sidney has settled in, that's good, and steroids soon, that will be a huge bonus.

Forgery - well I forged my brothers sick notes and sort of vice versa, Steve got away with it, not me. They worked out I'd been 'economical with the truth' when I took in my note and was quizzed about it! I got on the 'silver' list, which I had thought good as an 11 yr old just going to big school where I knew no-one - turns out it was a detention!

Ooops

Love
    Yvonne x
  • theresak
    Options
    Well, folks, just to make my life more interesting, I have acute sciatica, so my leg is extremely painful and my foot is numb. This all kicked off on Saturday night & is still bad. I've had sciatica before, but never as bad as this.

My GP called on Tuesday, & checked my circulation etc, & upped my dose of amitriptyline. He asked my permission to phone my surgeon to get a fuller picture of what's been going on & his plan for my treatment. I duly gave my permission & my GP rang me later having spoken to Mr.H - who, he said was ' very impressive.'

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Mr. H, so please keep your fingers crossed he doesn't have any more bad news. The last time I saw him resulted in me being kept in.

Nellie continues to be a nuisance, but Sidney is doing a good job.I have an appointment with the oncologist on the 22nd.

Hope you are all as well as you can be with the good old RA, OA etc.

Tezz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    we will be keeping all our fingers and toes crossed for you tomorrow
    Much love
    Sharon and the moderator team :sun:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh Tezz! You are a glutton for punishment. I know it's Lent but this is taking the mortification of the flesh a little too far. Thank God for Sidney who seems to be doing sterling work on your behalf. And for your GP who seems to be as caring and pro-active as mine was when I had breast cancer. So glad he's impressed with your consultant too. It all helps, doesn't it?

My very best wishes for tomorrow. I do hope there is some good news.

((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • mermaid
    Options
    Sending you loads of luck and hugs for tomorrow, will be thinking of you xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Will be thinking of you today Tezz and very much hoping Mr H is very pleased with you :)

Best of luck

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    Options
    I've been kept in again - fed up.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh Tezz! You really will have to stop breaking the rules. Far too many detentions :roll:

I am thinking of you very much and sending hugs ((( ))). I hope you'll soon be allowed out again.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    Had more surgery this afternoon - unplanned. More news later.