Many thanks to...........

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hear, hear Stickywicket :D

Tezz you might not believe it, but you are doing really, really well ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Thinking of you Tezz,

You really are doing really well, you are brave and resourceful and persistent - you will come out of this soon - lots of resting and relaxation needed

I've got a couple of spoons for you and lots of gentle ((((()))))

Love
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm thinking of you. ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    B****r & botheration! Naughy spiteful Nellie!! I'm back in hospital unfortunately - not sure for how long as yet, depending on what they have lined up for me. Bloods are all over the place, so lots of needles coming my way.

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I completely agree with the sentiments expressed, I guess this is the 'nature of the beast' (and what a beast Nellie is) but, for the time being, you are in the right place. ((((( ))))) DD
  • LisaJ86
    LisaJ86 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Tezz, it sounds like you are going through a gruelling time, I just wanted to pass on my best wishes and positive thoughts for you.

You sound like a very strong person and I really hope things go well for you,

Lisa xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    theresak wrote:
    B****r & botheration! Naughy spiteful Nellie!! I'm back in hospital unfortunately - not sure for how long as yet, depending on what they have lined up for me. Bloods are all over the place, so lots of needles coming my way.

Tezz x

Lots of ((( )))s too, to offset those needles.

I hope things are settling down a bit, Tezz. I don't know about 'naught, spiteful Nellie'. I reckon it should be 'nasty, nauseating, noxious, nagging, narky Nellie.

I have no words of wisdom so I just send some ((( )))s.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    Sorry you are back in hospital but like the others have said the best place for now..so easy for us to say ..but I am sure your courage and spirit are ready to leap...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I am thinking of you. ((( ))) DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Me too. ((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Tezz

Just a quick pop-by to say hello I am thinking of you and hope you have escaped home or will do very soon.

love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    Options
    Bad news - Nellie has got bigger. They want to start chemo as soon as possible. Feel devastated right now.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am thinking of you very much. ((((( ))))) DD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    theresak

I am very sorry to hear Nellie has grown so quickly. The prospect of chemotherapy must be very frightening.

Sending you much love and all of our thoughts. We will be with you every step of the way.

Ellen

The webmanager and all the moderators.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    ((( )))

Oh Tezz :cry: We are all with you and will stay with you. Don't doubt that. Chemo is scary (I've had it) but, right now, it's your friend. And so are we.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    A very mixed, emotional few days - my surgeon said on Tuesday that chemotherapy may be too risky for me, & surgery not an option due to all the bits Nellie has attached itself to, which left palliative care. The nurses were magnificent. There was to be a MDT meeting on Wednesday to discuss my ' complex case.'

Late Tues night they put me on an IV antibiotic drip - they'd found a UTI. Weds brought news I had a small abscess on the stomach wall - this meant draining it via ultrasound this afternoon. Unfortunately, it's too near the lining of my lung, so the drain will go in tomorrow via CT scan.

The surgeon's registrar - a lovely Greek doctor called Thalia - promised she'd come up & tell me the outcome of the meeting. She came at 5 pm, & said it was good news - the oncologist gave them the go ahead for chemo to start once I'm clear of infection.

It's like being on a rollercoaster, but it seems I now have a fighting chance - and believe me, I WILL fight. Never in my life have I -& my wonderful family - experienced such a range of emotions in such a short space of time.

I have no idea how long I'm going to be in hospital - the antibiotics are being given at least until next Weds, but this hospital fully deserves it's fantastic reputation, & the care is exemplary. Hopefully, together we can get a positive outcome.

Thank you for staying with me, every single one of you - it means such a lot. Sorry this is long-winded,

Tezz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sending lots of hugs your way Tezz from all the moderator team.
    Sharon (((())))
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    If anyone has the 'right' to be long-winded it's you (and you weren't).

I am thinking of you. ((((( ))))) DD
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    My goodness, so much to go through. Sending you tons of hugs and healing thoughts, by your side while you fight this all the way. Thank you for sharing at such a difficult time, very thoughtful. Hope all goes as well as possible for you xxxxxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Not at all long-winded, Tezz. It's a lot for us to grasp so goodness only knows how hard it must be for you. At least chemo is now possible and that is good.

It doesn't surprise me that your family have come up trumps. From what you've told us about them they sound the sort of people who would not just rally round but also push all the boats out. And you deserve them.

You are very uncomplaining about all these procedures but they are draining enough, emotionally speaking, when we are well. You are far from well and your emotions must be all over the place and yet you still focus on the positive which will help enormously.

Keep us updated when you can, when you want to and when it's convenient. In all other circumstances stay away. You owe us nothing but we are here for you whenever and however we can help.

((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    The drainage is postponed until Monday - I had further scans this afternoon, but they didn't want to do the procedure on a weekend in case of complications. They are being extremely careful.

My youngest grandson is 10 today - we had a ' virtual hug ' - thank goodness for FaceTime.

I'm so touched by your messages of support - I originally started this thread in case someone found themselves in the same boat as me some day, & it would maybe help them, but it's actually helping me.

I certainly have ' wobbles,' but don't want Nellie to win. Sidney is performing well - even my stoma nurse refers to it as Sidney now - I think it's a trend that could catch on.

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Tezz, we are your friends (albeit of the virtual kind) and we care, end of. It's understandable that you wobble (and who wouldn't?) but we will be here. In footie terms arthritis is a known foe but merely at Championship level; this enemy is effortlessly in the Premier League of evil but can lose at home: and will. ((( ))) DD
  • theresak
    Options
    I like that analogy, DD - & thanks for your kind words. I can't tell you how much all this virtual support means.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm delighted they're being so careful. On such small matters of a slight delay might a great deal of good depend.

I'm also pleased you have a friend in Sidney. Your determination has clearly sorted out that problem.

If the thread is helping that's a great reason to continue with it. We will be here.

Good luck for today.

((( )))
    Steven Wright