Many thanks to...........

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Tezz

So sorry to read you have had to have further surgery.

We are all here thinking of you too.

Ellen

On behalf of all the mods.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hello all,

Yes, I'm back at my 2nd home - the Freeman. After a dash to hospital in Durham late at night by ambulance ( a 2 hour wait for the ' emergency one,' I finally saw a doctor, ( 4hr wait ) who pronounced my excruciating leg pain, foot numbness, pins & needles as sciatica we were sent home with painkillers & naproxen.

At Mr. Hainsworth's clinic on Friday he took one look at my foot & summoned a vascular doc. Yesterday they operated to remove a large blood clot via a drain inserted in my groin. Feeling rather sore, but glad I have back a nice pink foot - not to mention my leg - I've acquired vascular docs & haematology docs too. And -big drum role here - Charlie catheter ( only until tonight ) and Danny's cousin, Dennis the drain.

I've been up today in my chair for a bit,& the physios came to try a few paces with a walking frame. More practice tomorrow.

Whatever will happen next??? Apparently tumours can make the blood more ' sticky.' I knowI must sound a bit sorry for myself, but honestly, I still feel shell shocked with recent events.

Tezz xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You are certainly going through various mills at the moment so no wonder you are feeling both shell-shocked and sorry for yourself, both are entirely natural and reasonable reactions to the dross which exceeds all others.

From what I can tell you seem to be receiving good, overall care albeit with a couple of hiccups every now and again (sadly they are bound to happen but they have been sorted and quickly). I don't have any wise words - in fact no words at all but I assure you I am thinking of you very much. ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Dear Tezz,
    Indeed, whatever next?!! You must feel so battered and bruised as well as very shell-shocked and exhausted from the pain and assaults on your poor body. Thank goodness you had that clinic appointment and the appropriate care now.
    There are no words to help but just know you are in our thoughts every day. Sending so many ((())))and a bit of extra strength. You are doing amazingly well and hope you feel you can always be open here . Take very good care, love xxxxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Tezz, you don't sound at all 'sorry for yourself'. Indeed, you sound commendably sanguine given all that you are currently undergoing. We are a few days on now and I just hope things are improving a bit and you'll soon be back in your proper home. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Dearest Tezz, you do not sound sorry for yourself at all, even though you are more than entitled to feel very miffed with all the goings on. It must have been a fair old shock to you too. Your body is going through the mill and it affects your emotional state too. Take gentle care of your lovely yourself and wishing you speedy healing. Sending extra positive vibes you way >>>> xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dear Tezz,

I can see you are testing your NHS to make sure it's perfect. You should be paid for checking out dept by dept for them, where next?.!!

I think next - and for a long while - it should be outpatients and district nursing that gets your attention, what do you think?

Please have a few spoons from me today, I don't need all mine

With love
    Yvonne x
  • theresak
    Options
    I'm home again - sore after the op, but still here to tell the tale : I was apparently lucky they got the blood clot in time.

I see the oncologist on Wednesday - please keep everything crossed for me.

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am pleased to read that you are home and tomorrow I will be with you in spirit. If you are able to let us know how you get on that would be appreciated but it's not a demand! DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Everything is crossed for you. I hope tomorrow goes well. I'm so glad you're home and get to sleep in your own bed. Can't put a price on that, eh? Take care of yourself x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Tezz

Wondering how you got on yesterday and hoping the news was positive.

Sending strength and ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    Options
    Thank you. The oncologist said after three lots of surgery I'm nowhere near fit enough to start chemo. I'm to have a CT scan in 4 weeks, & a follow-up oncology appointment in 5.

I'm also being referred to the Macmillan nurses. Things are not good - apologies if I sound down.

Tezz x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    I really don't have much to say but I want you to know we are all here for you. My hubby had a Macmillan nurse when he had cancer and she was wonderfully supportive to him and me. She helped him get through the chemo and continued to visit him right up until he was discharged from the oncologist. We are still very greatfull for that extra support, I am sure she will be very helpful to you.
    Sending lots of hugs
    Sharon
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh my lovely, that is not good to read but far worse to live. I don't know what to say apart from there is no need to apologise.

As you may know Sticky is away at the moment, her internet access is limited but she has asked me to pass on her thoughts and best wishes so I do. These are from both of us. ((((( ))))) DD
  • theresak
    Options
    Thank you DD, to you and Sticky - I'll take all the hugs I can get. Some days are tougher than others.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Oh Tezz you poor thing.

Don't apologise for how you 'sound'. We understand.

I think all you can do is try to look after yourself eat healthy and rest so that when you see the oncologist in 5 weeks it can go ahead.

As Sharon indicates by her story of her husband; the Macmillan Nurse referral is definitely not a negative thing and should be really supportive.

I am sending you some of my spare strength and some extra ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, just to let you know you are being thought about a great deal. ((( ))) DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'll second that ((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • mermaid
    Options
    In my thoughts every day Tezz xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((((((( ))))))) They look strong but I promise they are gentle. DD
  • theresak
    Options
    Feeling rubbish today - all hugs gratefully received.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hang on tight, Tezz.

More hugs from me. (((( )))).
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Tezz..more hugs from me...(((()))) xx and wishing you well...
    Love
    Barbara
  • mermaid
    Options
    Thinking of you and sending more hugs too (((( )))) plus some extra strength. Hoping for some light for you at the end of this particularly dark tunnel xxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((((((( ))))))) DD