Many thanks to...........

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good Morning Tezz

I am so glad to read your post. Fellow-Forumers sounds rather good anyway :wink:

Nellie is very, very naughty causing you to need so much blood - I hope the IVs helped you feel a bit better.

Hospices are such special places aren't they? So calm and caring. They will sort out your pain levels and the support they can and will give to Nick and the boys will help you all and hopefully recharge their batteries.

You have a view - that is lovely. Visitors are welcome day or night and people are there to put an arm around anyone who needs it. Yes indeed special people. My heart swells to know you are in such a loving place - you deserve it.

We are here walking along with you Tezz never fear.

With love and ((()))

Toni xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    I am so glad you have found the hospice and that you and your family are getting lots of support. I was fortunate enough to work in a hospice as a nurse before my arthritis got too bad, they are very special places and we had lots of wonderful people like you who would come in and out for a sort out and time to relax.
    Of course myself and the forum team will continue to walk with you every step of the way. Sending you special forumer hugs ((((()))))
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,717
    Options
    Walk alongside you? Tezz, believe me, there is no way you can shake us off (though I must say we must be the strangest collection of unsteady props ever known :wink: ) We'll be here. Have no doubts.

So, you have cornered the market in meds? I have a drawerful: it sounds as if you might have an entire wardrobe. However, the main thing is that they do a good job. It must be so disheartening to have to keep going back into the hospital but it's good to hear that the hospice is doing you proud. That will help Nick and your sons every bit as much as you. And that's a very good thing. I'm very glad that 'no-one minds if you have a good cry'. If ever they do just tell me and I'll come and give 'em what for :wink:

Thank you for letting us 'walk with you', Tezz. It is, indeed, a privilege and one we shall all hang on to.

(((( ))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Thank you so much Tezz for letting us know how you are. St Cuthbert's sounds a wonderful place and despite everything you are going through, your post sounded quite peaceful - you are truly amazing. Just so glad you have the hospice for when you need it, that must be a comfort. I think about you every day and hope so much that the transfusions and ocean liner of meds can keep you more comfortable. A lovely view is so therapeutic and as you say the wonderful caring hospice staff are just what you need as a complement and respite for you and your boys. Thank you again for sharing your journey which we all wish you weren't travelling. It is a privilege to walk beside you. Sending lots of very gentle hugs xxxxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it was lovely to hear from you, I hope not too much of an effort was involved. I hope you know you are under no obligation whatsoever to keep in touch with us but, rest assured, we will be keeping in touch with you because we care.

036.gif

The hospice sounds wonderful, they are the best places to be at such times because they truly understand the situation and make the time to be there for each and every person involved. I am thinking of you, Nick and the boys.
    ((((( ))))) ((((( ))))) DD

084.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Tezz we are always here ..not sure about props but we are here.. :)
    my family and myself have had so many dealing with the hospices..whatever would we do without them..and the McMillan nurses..so glad they are looking after you, and the main thing is the tweaking of your meds..they are far better at this than the hospitals..hope you are more comfy when you get home...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Just to let you know I'm thinking of you, Tezz. We have a wet weekend here and friends to entertain but you are never far from my thoughts. (((( ))))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Thank you all so much for thinking of me - I cannot emphasise enough how much it means to have you wonderful cyber friends. The hospice is a great place - every need is catered for , but the reason I'm here for is always at the back of my mind, and I know there will be dark days ahead,which I and my family must face.

Nellie may be the winner of the race as in tumour v treatment, but I'm determined she won't be the champion. I'm not going down without a fight.

Love to all my cyber mates,

Tezz xx

PS Sticky - enjoy your weekend, hope the sun comes out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Tezz,

You sound like you are in a much better place mentally as well as physically, and if the mental place is as lovely as your description of Durham hospice that's exactly what you need.

Much love
    Yvonne x
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Tezz that my girl...you will get the strength you need to see this through..you give it what for..sending many hugs and love...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    theresak wrote:
    PS Sticky - enjoy your weekend, hope the sun comes out.

How typical is that? Still thinking of others despite all you're going through. I hope you realise that, by your attitude, you're forging a path which, as and when we must all travel it, will be easier for us because of you. Thank you.

(((( ))))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    Oh dear, Sticky - you make me out to be someone I'm not. Of course I hope the sun came out for you and your friends. I'm trying to forge my own path - never having been in this position before it's very difficult. My grandsons face timed this afternoon after their cricket games - both fresh from the shower and full of smiles. We managed a conversation until it was time to go, then I shed the bucketful of tears I'd been holding back. It's knowing I won't see them grow up that upsets me.

Gosh, I must stop being maudlin- does no good, does it? Onwards and upwards!

Tezz x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    Good to see your posts Tezz,

I can assure you, in the battle between you and Nellie you will certainly be the champion. Well-put!!

Your Grandson will have so many happy memories of you smiling even though it must be one of the hardest things to keep it in. I am so sad that you won't see them grow up, but they are here because of you :)

Be maudlin from time to time if you want to be, you have the right you know. Then as usual pick yourself up, dust yourself down and carry on :)

with love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Apologies for my absence over the weekend, however you, Nick and your boys have not been far from my thoughts. I admire your courage: you may not be feeling it but you are certainly showing it in your modest way.

I hope you are as physically comfortable as you can be. In addition to the hugs may I also send some love?

((((( ))))) p050.gif ((((( )))))

DD
  • theresak
    Options
    Thank you so much for hugs and love. I'm feeling much more comfortable pain-wise, a combination of drugs and one or two new ones seem to have made quite a difference. I do still feel weak , I need to build up my strength so I can get home.

I have to go to hospital tomorrow to see the vascular doctor about my leg, which looks horrible - marks & bruises of every colour. I don't want to be kept in. The hospice is so peaceful. It's a lovely day here, so Nick put me in the chair & off we went, around the grounds. We bought some plants at the greenhouse too. We rounded off the afternoon with coffee and cake at the cafe.

This round went to me, not Nellie !!

Tezz xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Tezz I can only imagine what you are going through, and so glad you have us your cyber friends to talk to...crying is a good release...you are not maudling at all ,so glad to hear you are more comfortable...thats what the hospice does best..(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mermaid
    Options
    Beautiful garden wheelchair walk, plants, coffee and cake - definitely this round to you Tezz:-) Bless you, of course thinking about missing your wonderful Grandsons growing up is devastating and so very, very sad for you.
    However you are making the fondest memories and are a fantastic role model for them, please don't underestimate how important that is.
    So glad the painkiller cocktail is working better for you, hospices are so good at this and so many other things.
    Sending you peace and love and many hugs xxxxxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :D:D:D Well done you! And Nick.

I, too, hope today's appointment goes well and you don't get detention. No wonder you feel weak. Believe me, I feel weak at the thought of all you're going through but, as mermaid says, you are, in the midst of it all, creating some lovely, happy memories for your wonderful family. That's some achievement.

Please update us on the appointment but only after you are rested and feel up to it.
    (((( ))))
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    A quick top up (((( ))))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    My check-up saw me discharged by the vascular team - my left big toe is black, and I will lose it. The other horrible bits of my legs will be dressed as they are now , by the wonderful nurses here.

I had a very bad night last night - awful pain, so they gave me extra meds, & I have slept most of today : most of the afternoon while Nick was here, poor man. The doctor has prescribed pain - killing injections for if I need them tonight . It's hard striking the balance - the physios want me to walk as often as possible, and the nurses wanted me in bed resting my legs today, as they are so swollen.

The doctor was a very nice, calring lady, and as we sat watching the squirrels, I said how we love to sit in the garden at home and just reflect - preferably with a G & T - so she promptly had one fixed for us!! Apparently there are all sorts in the kitchen, and mine wasn't the first G & T made today. Medicinally, she said it would stimulate my appetite, and Nick declared she was definitely his kind of doctor!

Joking apart, Nellie definitely gained the upper hand today - I couldn't fight the urge to sleep, and I'm ready for sleep now, hoping for better things tomorrow.

Tezz xx
  • theresak
    Options
    Sorry, thank you all for the hugs.
  • mermaid
    Options
    Oh Tezz you poor love, that pain sounds horrendous - hoping so much for a better night tonight for you - hopefully with the help of the injections .... and the G and Ts. Glad there are more where they came from! Definitely my kind of doctor too :wink:

Think you must do what your body is telling you - at the moment sleep when you can.

Sending more very gentlest hugs (((( )))) xxxxxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sending you lots of hugs Tezz and raising a glass of G&T to you and hubby, enjoy!
    Lots of love from the moderator team
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I disagree again, Tezz. You did, strongly, defy Nellie with:

1. Your G&T.

2. Your pleasure in the squirrels and the garden.

3. Your care for Nick's feelings in the midst of your own, turbulent ones.

4. Your not only posting on here but also returning, despite all you're going through, specifically to thank us.

At worst, it was a tie today but, for my money, you scored the winning runs.

And don't apologise for sleep. It is vital and restorative. Take as much as you need.

And, if you have room in your locker for any more hugs, I send mine – to be taken as required, with love.((((( )))))
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh my lovely, to my way of thinking there are some earthly mixes made in heaven and I am so pleased that you sampled one. Mine include ( :shock: ) a strong cheddar and Branston pickle, strawberries and double cream, Christmas pudding with chilled advocaat, gin and tonic, a bowl of unpolluted cornflakes, apple pie with extra thick double cream, champagne and caviar and any choice of ice cream covered in a thin layer of frozen single cream.

I am thinking of you. ((((( ))))) ((((( ))))) DD